PDA

View Full Version : Mr. NS Mustang Proud could use prayer

NSMustangProud
12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
This past April my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (just several months after his own father was diagnosed with the same thing). My husband elected to do chemo treatments with a new FDA approved regimen of drugs which gives a life span of 14 months. We tried several sessions of that regimen but it caused too much leg swelling. He is now on a new FDA approved regimen but his numbers are still going up. He is currently in the hospital right now getting over pneumonia and having some scans done. I am asking for all of my 5a football community to lift my husband Reed up in prayers at all times. We have a disabled son that is very dependent on us and 3 daughters tying to make it through college and work. We have one beautiful granddaughter that turns two on the 23 of this month. We would appreciate any special prayers or any church lists you could put him on. My girls and I are very scared and would love the prayers.

HomeofChampions'06
12-10-2010, 12:54 AM
This past April my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (just several months after his own father was diagnosed with the same thing). My husband elected to do chemo treatments with a new FDA approved regimen of drugs which gives a life span of 14 months. We tried several sessions of that regimen but it caused too much leg swelling. He is now on a new FDA approved regimen but his numbers are still going up. He is currently in the hospital right now getting over pneumonia and having some scans done. I am asking for all of my 5a football community to lift my husband Reed up in prayers at all times. We have a disabled son that is very dependent on us and 3 daughters tying to make it through college and work. We have one beautiful granddaughter that turns two on the 23 of this month. We would appreciate any special prayers or any church lists you could put him on. My girls and I are very scared and would love the prayers.

I just stopped everything to pray for you, Reed and your whole crew. God will bless you guys, so stay strong! Fully rely on Him! He is a miracle worker!

yankee
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM
In.

F18mustang
12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Done!

BDB
12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
:) done.

chhspantherfan
12-10-2010, 04:50 AM
May God grant you peace and comfort and recovery to Reed. The Pantherhouse will lift you up in our daily prayers.

JagFan
12-10-2010, 05:30 AM
The Jag household will pray as I have just done. May you feel Gods arms around you and lift you up and give you peace.

smw358
12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
I will be praying for you and your family.

SWMHebron
12-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Consider it done.

marcusdrillmom
12-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Just said a prayer for Reed and your family and will continue to do so daily.

"Lord Jesus Christ, You chose to share our human nature, to redeem all people, and to heal the sick. With this in mind I beg You to look with compassion on Your humble servant Reed, support them with Your power, comfort them with Your protection, and give them the strength needed to fight against this cancer. Give Reed and his family strength and hope." Amen

CCCSportsFan
12-10-2010, 07:31 AM
I just sent up a prayer for Reed and your family. I'll pray for your situation daily.

pied
12-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Dawg Fan
12-10-2010, 08:04 AM
You have our prayers. May God's grace help you through this difficult time.

drgnbkr
12-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Done!

AHSeagles
12-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Done!

svhorns
12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

slcdragonfan
12-10-2010, 11:50 AM
we are with you...

bobcatfan
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I will definitely lift up Reed and your family in my prayers and add him to our prayer list.

Favpack
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Will do for you and Reed! And am sending you a PM. Please tell daughter to do well in finals despite this major stress!

NSMP has been a real inspiration to me this year. She and Mr. have worked very, very hard to put their children in and through college - they are really what it is all about - making sacrifices so your kids can attend their dream college and reach their dreams.

BackNBlack87
12-10-2010, 04:29 PM
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind

Done.

My best friends mom was diagnosed with cancer this summer and three months later is in remission and is back to her old self. She had a lot of people praying for her. Prayer does a lot more than any doctor can do for anyone. You have a lot of prayers from everyone here. Keep your head up.

NSMustangProud
12-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Checking in with a report...doc just left a while ago.

Nodules on right side where hubby has been experiencing so much pain have not grown nor increased in number...fever is down and he is eating...there is pneumonia, but that is being treated with IV antibiotics. He MIGHT get to go home tomorrow if fever stays down. Radiology will take all scans done since April and compare them next week...chemo to continue although it will be much stronger!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers...we know we have alot in front of us...thanks so much 5a friends...you are the best!

Reed & Trina

SWMHebron
12-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I know that your days are more than full, but do keep us updated when you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

CCCSportsFan
12-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Checking in with a report...doc just left a while ago.

Nodules on right side where hubby has been experiencing so much pain have not grown nor increased in number...fever is down and he is eating...there is pneumonia, but that is being treated with IV antibiotics. He MIGHT get to go home tomorrow if fever stays down. Radiology will take all scans done since April and compare them next week...chemo to continue although it will be much stronger!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers...we know we have alot in front of us...thanks so much 5a friends...you are the best!

Reed & Trina

Keep the faith and rest assured how many people you and your family have in your corner right now :)

Favpack
12-21-2010, 10:06 PM
If you are on caringbridge - please go and offer encouragement and prayers. He is not doing well today.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trinamurry/journal

NSMustangProud
12-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I could really use some prayer once again!

Our family is in San Antonio (came to visit this past Saturday for family Christmas) and my husband took a very bad turn. He is hospitalized and had to have emergency surgery due to the cancer invading the internal organs (blocked the bowel system). They have placed a coloscopy, however, it is not functioning as it should. We were told his time is very limited and I had to sign a DNR...very hard decisions to make today!

We ask for prayers to get us back to Houston...just want to be home and get our loved one home.

Thanks 5a...I need your prayers once again!

Favpack
12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
We were posting at the same time. I put a link up if you don't mind.

JagFan
12-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I could really use some prayer once again!

Our family is in San Antonio (came to visit this past Saturday for family Christmas) and my husband took a very bad turn. He is hospitalized and had to have emergency surgery due to the cancer invading the internal organs (blocked the bowel system). They have placed a coloscopy, however, it is not functioning as it should. We were told his time is very limited and I had to sign a DNR...very hard decisions to make today!

We ask for prayers to get us back to Houston...just want to be home and get our loved one home.

Thanks 5a...I need your prayers once again!

Prayers for you and your family.

NSMustangProud
12-21-2010, 10:21 PM
We were posting at the same time. I put a link up if you don't mind.

Of course not Fav...I am counting on prayers right now...I appreciate it very much! I know 5a will send prayers up.

Thanks!

HomeofChampions'06
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Trina, I am continually praying for you and your family during this rough patch. I hope that you guys, regardless of setting and circumstances, have a very Merry Christmas!

dada
12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Thoughts and Prayers sent

CCCSportsFan
12-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Trina, I'll continue my prayers for Reed, you and your family... May God bless you at this challenging time...

smw358
12-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Prayers for all concerned.

bobcatfan
12-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Fav, thanks for posting the link to the caringbridge page. The post under the "My Story" section is inspiring and a true testimony to the power of faith, hope, and love. Their entire family will continue to be in my prayers!

pied
12-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your family this season.

Favpack
12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Fav, thanks for posting the link to the caringbridge page. The post under the "My Story" section is inspiring and a true testimony to the power of faith, hope, and love. Their entire family will continue to be in my prayers!

No prob - thought it was great too. She has kept my attitude up many times.

cougmantx
12-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Done...healing peace and comfort be with you and your family.

SWMHebron
12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Thoughts, prayers and long distance hugs being sent.

TheBigPeach
12-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Prayers from Georgia!

CoveMom
12-22-2010, 10:35 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Having trouble signing in on caringbridge. Let me know through pm here if I can do anything. San Antonio is only 2 hours from here. That's next door compared to the journey you are on.

CM

JagFan
12-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my prayers today.

SWMHebron
12-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my prayers today.

^^^^^

Every time I come to The Yard I look to see if there are new posts. Please know we are thinking of you and your family.

4th and 1
12-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Prayers for God's will in your lives this Christmas season.

BDB
12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
still praying, ma'am :)

Dawg Fan
12-24-2010, 01:50 PM
The same goes for me also. May God bless your family with his Grace. Tis the season of miracles!!!!!

NSMustangProud
12-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Update:

We are still in hospital in San Antonio. The surgeon thinks he might get to go home towards the weekend...not sure if that means Fri, Sat, or Sun. He's healing fine, but has a little bit of a wound infection. He will go home and probably not return to his work. I have to break some news to him when we return...no more work, no more paychecks, not alot of time left, probably no more chemo. Please continue to keep us lifted.

Thanks 5a...I appreciate all of you!

Austin109
12-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Update:

We are still in hospital in San Antonio. The surgeon thinks he might get to go home towards the weekend...not sure if that means Fri, Sat, or Sun. He's healing fine, but has a little bit of a wound infection. He will go home and probably not return to his work. I have to break some news to him when we return...no more work, no more paychecks, not alot of time left, probably no more chemo. Please continue to keep us lifted.

I just stumbled on this thread. You and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

TexasRed6x
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers, keep the faith, he will work wonders!!!!

NSMustangProud
12-28-2010, 11:34 PM
We are still in hospital. We are hoping to come home on Thursday, however, they think he has a staff infection on one side of the stomach. He is running fever and his left side is inflamed. They've done blood work, culture, and tests today to see. We will know tomorrow. They have told us we will go to a wound care facility hospital once we get to Houston. Please continue the prayers and I'll update. God Bless you 5a!

JagFan
01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
You are still in our daily prayers.

CyFallsMom
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers will be going out and you are in all of our thoughts during this rough time. Hope it takes a turn for the better for you all.

marcusdrillmom
01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
My prayers for husband and family.....

May the lords love strengthen you all...

NSMustangProud
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Update:

We are still in the hospital...we are about to complete week 2 in Houston hospital...wound is slowly healing from prior surgery in San Antonio. Oncologist came in today and told us there's nothing else they can do for us as far as chemo...it's time to go home and call in hospice or go into long term acute care. We will probably go home with hospice so we can enjoy family time for whatever time we have left.

Thanks 5a for all your love, support, and prayers that you've given me during this hard time. I appreciate it so much! I never thought we'd get out of San Antonio...it's so nice to be home!

F18mustang
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Still praying for you. And hard.

JagFan
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Update:

We are still in the hospital...we are about to complete week 2 in Houston hospital...wound is slowly healing from prior surgery in San Antonio. Oncologist came in today and told us there's nothing else they can do for us as far as chemo...it's time to go home and call in hospice or go into long term acute care. We will probably go home with hospice so we can enjoy family time for whatever time we have left.

Thanks 5a for all your love, support, and prayers that you've given me during this hard time. I appreciate it so much! I never thought we'd get out of San Antonio...it's so nice to be home!

Hospice nurses truly are angels on earth. Lean on them, that is what they are there for.

Continuing to pray and keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

hoo2ers
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Thoughts and Prayers for your family. Hope being at home will give you comfort and ease. God Bless.

SWMHebron
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Update:

Whatever you decide is best please know our thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad you got to go home.

BDB
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Update:

thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Dawg Fan
01-12-2011, 09:15 PM
May God bless you and give your family strength during these emotional times. Our prayers are with you.

CCCSportsFan
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Update:

May God continue to bless and comfort your family! I'm continuing to pray daily for you guys.

Mr. Rod
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, Proud.

AHSeagles
01-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Prayers for you and your family. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be. God bless y'all.

Bobcat81
01-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Update:

I offer you and yours, prayer in this time of great need,

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our sick under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant Reed, to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will and know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us. Amen.

pied
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

marcusdrillmom
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Austin109
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. God bless you and your family. Please keep us updated.

drgnbkr
01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Please find some solace in our support...You know we are praying for you.

ktCarl
01-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about this. I've been out of the Yard since November and will only pop in now and then. I hope the best for your husband, you and the whole family. If it gives you any hope, I have a friend that had 3rd stage pancreatic cancer and defeated it. He's been cancer free for over a year. I hope this will be the final outcome in your husband's battle. May God be with your family.

Bobcat81
01-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Update:

It has been several days since any word has passed and we are all curiously wondering of any progress, and how things are gong for you and your family.

We want you to know that those of us here continue to pray for him, and your family for the utmost care and hopes that he be restored to health.

JagFan
01-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Still praying for this sweet family.

NSMustangProud
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello to all my wonderful 5a family,

Hubby is at home from the hospital and the hospice is taking very good care of him. They see him twice a week. They take care of his pain management and make sure he is comfortable. He's been able to get up and move around quite a bit. We've had some visitors, but he does tire easily. Today, we actually went and made our funeral arrangements (his and mine). It's nice to just have that taken care of and to know our children will not ever have to mess with it when that time comes. I just wanted to check in and let you know we are living day by day and know we have some challenges ahead, but we are dealing with them as they come and have accepted whatever the good Lord puts in front of us.

Love to all of you,
Reed & Trina

SWMHebron
01-25-2011, 06:04 AM

Hubby is at home from the hospital and the hospice is taking very good care of him. They see him twice a week. They take care of his pain management and make sure he is comfortable. He's been able to get up and move around quite a bit. We've had some visitors, but he does tire easily. Today, we actually went and made our funeral arrangements (his and mine). It's nice to just have that taken care of and to know our children will not ever have to mess with it when that time comes. I just wanted to check in and let you know we are living day by day and know we have some challenges ahead, but we are dealing with them as they come and have accepted whatever the good Lord puts in front of us.

Love to all of you,
Reed & Trina

Please know the prayers and thoughts keep heading your way. Anytime you need a virtual shoulder please know PM is just a click of the mouse away.

Favpack
01-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Continued prayers for you and Reed, Trina. God bless.

marcusdrillmom
01-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Continued prayers for your family. And thank you so much for taking the time to update us.

Blue63
01-25-2011, 08:22 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God bless you and comfort you in these trying times.

Dawg82
01-25-2011, 08:22 AM

Love to all of you,
Reed & Trina

Reed & Trina,
Our thoughts are with you and yours. Remember, we are only a hop, skip, & jump away.

pied
01-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Unbelievable attitude and outlook. Thoughts and prayers for you, Reed, and the rest of your family.

CCCSportsFan
01-25-2011, 07:28 PM

Love to all of you,
Reed & Trina

Trina, I pray for you, Reed and your family every night.... God bless you guys and PM me any time if you need anything!

mike03car
01-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Keep fighting - there is always hope.

marcusdrillmom
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Still praying for your family!

Favpack
02-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Please give Reed some comforting words from his HS football friends (and you too). Peace to your family.

CCCSportsFan
02-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Trina, I'm still praying for Reed and your family :)

FRS90
02-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Reed & Tina,

It is regrettable that i have only now seen this thread, and was not able to lift both of you up in prayer sooner. For that i do truly apologize, however i can say with all sincerity that i am now praying for the Lord's will to be done. I pray that God comforts you both in this time, and lifts you up. Reading your updates have been very inspiring seeing how well you are handling the situation, it takes tremendous faith and courage. My God overflow your cups with Mercy and Grace.

I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless,

HUM

Favpack
02-13-2011, 04:36 PM
From Trina:

My sweet love went to be with his heavenly Father at 9:35 a.m. this morning...very peacefully!

God's peace to you during this time of loss. We do not understand - but I do pray for comfort for you and the entire family.

CCCSportsFan
02-13-2011, 05:47 PM
May God bless and comfort your family at this time Trina...

JagFan
02-13-2011, 05:49 PM
May they feel Gods arms around them and I will keep this sweet family in my prayers.

SWMHebron
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Thoughts, hugs and prayers to the family.

pied
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

drgnbkr
02-13-2011, 07:33 PM
God bless....

QQQ
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
My God overflow your cups with Mercy and Grace.

AMEN

NSMustangProud
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to my 5a football family for all the prayers and support that you have given to me over these last several months during Reed's illness. It's been a hard several months...the girls and I are tired, overwhelmed, and full of sadness! Life is very difficult at times!

Reed was a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather...in the midst of his sickness this past year he made sure he surprised me with two tickets to the UT/A&M game...I've never seen him so happy to see me so full of joy...just the kind of man he was!

Thanks to all of you...your prayers got us home from San Antonio, through many long nights in the hospital, and through his passing!

Much love,
Trina and the girls

pied
02-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Much love to you, Trina.

God bless.

F18mustang
02-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm so so sorry for your loss. Please know that we are thinking of you and your sweet family. Much love to you.

yankee
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I am so sorry NSMustangProud. If there's anything we can do, please let us know. Prayers to you and your family.

slcdragonfan
02-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to my 5a football family for all the prayers and support that you have given to me over these last several months during Reed's illness. It's been a hard several months...the girls and I are tired, overwhelmed, and full of sadness! Life is very difficult at times!

Reed was a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather...in the midst of his sickness this past year he made sure he surprised me with two tickets to the UT/A&M game...I've never seen him so happy to see me so full of joy...just the kind of man he was!

Thanks to all of you...your prayers got us home from San Antonio, through many long nights in the hospital, and through his passing!

Much love,
Trina and the girls

I am so sorry to hear of this. Your family is in my prayers.

Austin109
02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You have my info. If you ever need something dont hesitate.

CCCSportsFan
02-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Trina, I will continue to keep you and your girls in my thoughts and prayers.

dada
02-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Trina.......:(

JagFan
02-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Trina- I will continue to keep your sweet family in my prayers.

ThEgReAtOnE
02-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Trina - Best wishes and future health/happiness to you and yours. I have no doubt that Reed was truly a great man (father & husband). How do I know? He picked one hell of life-partner! Take care!

cougmantx
02-24-2011, 04:33 PM
NS Mustang Proud...I was saddened to hear of the loss of your husband. Our best wishes go out to you and your kids.

Dawg Fan
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Much love,
Trina and the girls

So sorry for your loss and I know nothing said will make the hurt go away but you have our prayers. May God bless you and your family.

KT2000
02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
My prayers are with you and your family NSMP. If there's anything I can do, just send a message.

BDB
02-25-2011, 09:29 AM
sorry to hear :(

FRS90
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
May God comfort you in your times of sorrow. Know that we are praying for your family during this time. if you need anything PM me. anything at all....

God Bless You,

HUM

Favpack
02-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Continued prayers for you and your family.

Firebird
03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier and I feel terrible that I did. May Christ our eternal King and God grant rest in His heavenly kingdom to the soul of His departed servant Reed.

RedRage00
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier and I feel terrible that I did. May Christ our eternal King and God grant rest in His heavenly kingdom to the soul of His departed servant Reed.

I don't know how I missed this thread either.

Sorry to hear about your loss NSMP :(

TexasRed6x
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM

Very Sad for your loss, may God be with you always.

Big Daddy Cool
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I wish I would have seen this before talking to you the other night. As I said then you guys had been on my mind for some time. I wish now that I would have gotten in touch with you sooner. I know it has got to be hard for you and the rest of your family. And you know as always your World Beater's are there for you if you need us in any way. And you and your gang will be in my prayers.

NSMustangProud
04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
I wish I would have seen this before talking to you the other night. As I said then you guys had been on my mind for some time. I wish now that I would have gotten in touch with you sooner. I know it has got to be hard for you and the rest of your family. And you know as always your World Beater's are there for you if you need us in any way. And you and your gang will be in my prayers.

No problem BDC...I've been meaning to let you all know...I went to text yall several times, but the "busy-ness" with everything just got in the way. I'm glad Reed got to meet all of you...he had alot of fun at the game/eatin out that night!

DragonFan0316
10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Rip

Nsalumni
10-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow. I cant believe I didnt even know. He was a great man, I met him, enjoyed a meal with him.. Cant believe hes gone, and cant believe I didnt even know this. Im so sorry NSMP Prayers to you and your family.. I hope God has given you peace in your heart. I know you have gone through alot. If you ever need anything, dont hesitate to ask.. RIP Reed..

NSMustangProud
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Wow. I cant believe I didnt even know. He was a great man, I met him, enjoyed a meal with him.. Cant believe hes gone, and cant believe I didnt even know this. Im so sorry NSMP Prayers to you and your family.. I hope God has given you peace in your heart. I know you have gone through alot. If you ever need anything, dont hesitate to ask.. RIP Reed..

Thank you Alumni,

Yes, it will be two years in February. We are doing well. The kids are doing great. I am doing good and moving forward. Thanks for your kind words. My Mustang family and 5a board friends stood by me throughout the entire process and I will always be grateful to everyone on here.