PDA

View Full Version : Feldman Resigns at Klein Collins

kchsfan
03-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Just heard that he announced his resignation to the team at 7th period. I know there are a bunch of Feldman haters out there but beware of what you wish for. KISD has a bad habit of making poor decisions when it comes to this.

Who will be the candidates?

Solid baseball and basketball program in place with good/young athletes. Football may be a year or 2 away but they have some real players at Freshman/soph level this year.

Good program to step into.

bubbacoach
03-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a relative that works there. I will have to call and find out what is up.

protect_this_house
03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Not sure which freshman or JV players you are referring to as "real players". Only kid left at KC that anyone thinks highly of is Dimitri Goodson & with a coaching change not coming until May, he may be gone somewhere else in the district. Gonna be hard for the new guy having to come so late, kids missing spring ball, and who knows what kind of coaching turn over will follow. Great facilities, money, & athletic potential. Should draw some interest from some heavy hitters in the coaching ranks.

kchsfan
03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Basketball should keep Demetri at Collins.

JV's were 8-8 and lost the last few because so many sophs were brought up to injury depleted varsity.

Only saw freshman 3-4 times but they were 15-3 with those loses by 6 total points. Heard they had targeted 5-6 for varsity next year thus the reason for a tough 1-2 years. Maybe I am wrong.

The programs are in good shape and should attract some good candidates. They will probably not do spring ball but have the extra week in August. Who knows what is best.

One thing is that Klein ISD is not that "rich". It is in a property poor district and the pay is NOT that great. We will not be able to attract an AD from another rich school.

Candidates anyone?

cfbobcat
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyone heard anymore about this? I was going to post and ask what offense KC runs but now I guess that is up in the air.

bubbacoach
03-15-2006, 01:51 PM
He has been reassigned to central office. That is what I hear.

kchsfan
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
He is at the central office until June when his contract expires. Not sure if he will take another start-up school.

It has been awfully quiet as far as candidates. Any one heard the status of this?

country OUTlaw
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
"One thing is that Klein ISD is not that "rich". It is in a property poor district and the pay is NOT that great. We will not be able to attract an AD from another rich school."

....it may be a property poor district BUT it is supported by the deep pockets of booster clubs, etc....

shocking to hear a comment like this from a KC fan, at a new school, with new practice facilities, and a booster club budget that supports the needs of a program....

this would be evident at all high school campuses within the district BUT klein forest... they seem to have the least to work with as far as facilities/equipment/support... but fill the void with decent athletes...

bubbacoach
03-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I have heard that everyone was told that none of their jobs were safe. I was also told that they might not have anyone hired before June. This is bad. If everyone goes and finds another job before June, then whoever comes in will have to hire a new staff, and their will not be that many quality coaches left. They could get worse.

kchsfan
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
The Klein AD has asked the booster club president to set a meeting up with the parent groups very soon to have a forum to discuss what is being planned.

kchsfan
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Got e-mail from booster club stating that District AD and Principal had recieved approval to hire a new AD/Head Coach starting May 1 instead of waiting till June. This will open the option for having spring training if the new coach want to. Also heard that almost all the coaches have re-upped for next year. All this sounds positive for the players. Program didn't need an overhaul.

Wonder who is the leading candidate?

bubbacoach
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Got e-mail from booster club stating that District AD and Principal had recieved approval to hire a new AD/Head Coach starting May 1 instead of waiting till June. This will open the option for having spring training if the new coach want to. Also heard that almost all the coaches have re-upped for next year. All this sounds positive for the players. Program didn't need an overhaul.

Wonder who is the leading candidate?
I am related to one of the coaches at Collins and I am hearing a little different story.

kchsfan
03-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Interesting. Would be curious for more details.

Was told by phone call from someone there that all but three coaches had re-upped and those three were checking out their options but had a spot at Collins.

He said that Ad - Young was pretty positive that they would get his choice and that there would be spring training.

I think things are changing/clearing up quickly over there.

bubbacoach
03-28-2006, 02:39 PM
My brother in law told me that they were told that no one's job was safe, including the female staff. They were also told that it might be as late as June before the new coach was named.

sgfantoo
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
My brother in law told me that they were told that no one's job was safe, including the female staff. They were also told that it might be as late as June before the new coach was named.

ISD politics. Who really cares about teachers/coaches and student/athletes? These two groups are expendable! Makes me :mad: ! Administrators still get their big bucks! Where is Harry Truman when we need him.

kchsfan
03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Bubba, is this a recent comment? That is what was floating around last week and earlier but it would be a direct lie from Mr. Kirk who mentioned the contract situation and very few question Mr. Kirks honesty.

Thanks

protect_this_house
03-28-2006, 10:40 PM
That "re-upped" word is rather tricky when it comes to TEACHERS/coaches. Most all districts have renewed their teachers offering them contracts for the next school year. This always includes coaches, with the obvious understanding in the world of coaching that if the HC has been released or reassigned that coaching positions are NOT a guarantee.

In a district like Klein that places a premium on quality athletic programs, especially football, you can bet that whomever is hired will be given the freedom to put his own staff in place.

country OUTlaw
03-29-2006, 08:05 AM
"all but 3 coaches have re-upped".....

last time I checked that means nothing.... the new guy decides who he wants working for him, not the staff....

kchsfan
03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
I agree. They are teaching contracts.

Any rumored candidates? This is awfully quiet.