PDA

View Full Version : DMN Big 12 South Picks

garlandredraider
07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/sportssay/

Scroll Down to the middle of the page. This is what is says if you dont want to open the link.

It's football season
When the top sports headlines are about cycling and the All-Star Game, it's football season.

So here's how the Big 12 South standings (from lowest to highest) will look at the end of November (the only thing you need to know about the North is that Iowa State will win it):

6. Baylor 4-7, 1-7
Offensive line is improved. Defensive front seven still a problem. (Conference win will come against OSU).

5. Oklahoma State 5-6, 2-6
New coach, new offense and no Vernand Morency is a big problem

4. Texas A&M 8-3, 5-3
Defensive line is awesome, but there's no way Reggie McNeal has another four-interception season behind a new O-line.

3. Oklahoma 8-3, 5-3
The nation will be shocked when OU loses back-to-back games against Texas and Kansas in the middle of the season and finishes with a loss in Lubbock. Why? Rhett Bomar isn't half as good as people think, and Adrian Peterson can't take the snap (or can he?).

2. Texas Tech 10-1, 7-1
Mike Leach plugs QBs into his offense the way most of us plug in a coffee pot. The difference is his defense is finally catching up, and the Raiders get A&M and OU at home. (Loss comes at UT)

1. Texas 10-1, 8-0
No team bounces back from losses like Texas. So after the Longhorns get beat by Ohio State on Sept. 10, the Longhorns win out on the legs of Vince Young. UT finally wins a conference title for Mack and plays in the Rose Bowl for the national title in a rematch against Ohio State ... only to lose to the Buckeyes again.

wide-e-wide
07-07-2005, 10:33 PM
OU loses to Kansas?
They must be smokin' that good dope up in Dallas.

jtk1519
07-07-2005, 11:47 PM
That's a lot of love for Tech... too much love if you ask me. Flip Tech and the Land Theives and I think you have the right list.

garlandowl08
07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I think A&M has a legit chance at beating OU...Texas Tech will be tough, nay unwinnable, and the only thing going for us against Texas is home field advantage

garlandredraider
07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Now I have to agree with the DMN smoking something when they say that the land theives will lose to Kansas. I think OU, A&M, and TECH battle for 2nd... and the only edge I see is Tech has both of them at home, and OU has A&M at home. I guess thats their look on their rankings... i dont know?

pack4life
07-08-2005, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=garlandowl08]I think A&M has a legit chance at beating OU...Texas Tech will be tough, nay unwinnable, and the only thing going for us against Texas is home field advantage[/QUOTE

NEWS FLASH:

A&M is playing OU in OU this year... i think we all remember what happend last time...

wide-e-wide
07-08-2005, 05:50 PM
poor aggy...switching rivals again.

garlandowl08
07-08-2005, 06:01 PM
switching rivals?! again?! what you talkin about Willis?!

garlandowl08
07-08-2005, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=garlandowl08]I think A&M has a legit chance at beating OU...Texas Tech will be tough, nay unwinnable, and the only thing going for us against Texas is home field advantage[/QUOTE

NEWS FLASH:

A&M is playing OU in OU this year... i think we all remember what happend last time...

I'm always one who likes to play the home field advantage card, but OU is on a slow decline and A&M is on a slow incline, judging from what happened last year, A&M has gotten better and OU worse (maybe a little), so we have a chance. All said, however, they still did make it to the national championship last year even if they lost so they are still a force to be reckoned with. I just hope the Big 12 and specifically the Big 12 South are well reperesented in bowl games come January.

wide-e-wide
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
switching rivals?! again?! what you talkin about Willis?!

My nephew (a student at aggy) Tells me that all the talk around campus is about losing to Baylor. Their focus used to be on UT and only UT...then it switched to Tech...then to OU for a minute...then back to Tech...

It's just sad when you don't even know who your rival is.

It's been a while since UT worried about aggy.

garlandowl08
07-09-2005, 10:53 AM
My nephew (a student at aggy) Tells me that all the talk around campus is about losing to Baylor. Their focus used to be on UT and only UT...then it switched to Tech...then to OU for a minute...then back to Tech...

It's just sad when you don't even know who your rival is.

It's been a while since UT worried about aggy.

Ok, it's pointless to talk about t.u. not worrying about A&M...we all get it, oneday we will beat yall again, you guys are just on a hot streak against us. The reason everyone is talking about Baylor is because we play them on our home turf and we really wanna B.T.H.O. them. I dont think we've ever concentrated our rivalry against anyone more than we have texas ever. What Im saying is while texas is our long time rival, and team we always strive to beat, we wanna have other victories during the season. Im sure a lot of texas fans are talking about Ohio State right now, does that make them rivals...no. case closed

relraiderfan
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I am surprised to see a DMN guy hate on Rhett Bomar like that. Coming out of Grand Prairie I would have thought they would be singing his praises.

GarlandOwl06
07-10-2005, 01:47 AM
That guy is a MORON!!!!! Texas Tech #2!?!?!?!? Are you insane????

garlandredraider
07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
haha, looks like he is not alone.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2005_Previews/2005_BigXII_Preview.htm

North
1. Nebraska
T2.Mizzou
T2.Kstate
T2.Iowa ST.
6.Kansas

South
T1. Texas- Loss to Ohio St., Mizzou, and A&M