PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on WFAA news 8.......

crunked9
09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1129694

where you at BS??

dragonpants
09-23-2010, 09:13 AM

where you at BS??

You would think that Deion's kid would be a bigger story than an Oklahoma ice throwers kid.

He was getting enough touches and was frustrated...............so I will move back to Flower Mound because of their superior academics???????????????

The Observer
09-23-2010, 09:15 AM

where you at BS??

Ha ha. The biggest difference is when they transfer in state, if the coach from where he left (in this case, McGuire) signs a release form saying he doesn't think its for athletic reasons, it won't turn into a big deal. Daxx's biggest problem was always that he moved from out of state, and left issues behind me when he moved.

jbusch
09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
BS has been exposing bad cops in Ellis county the past few days

dragonpants
09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Ha ha. The biggest difference is when they transfer in state, if the coach from where he left (in this case, McGuire) signs a release form saying he doesn't think its for athletic reasons, it won't turn into a big deal. Daxx's biggest problem was always that he moved from out of state, and left issues behind me when he moved.

I think it is funny that parents are so forthright when there are no eligibility issues, went to the private school for academics but once he is in high school went to CH because of superior athletics so I am assuming he went to Marcus for the academics and had nothing to do with his frustration over number of touches............ok i will let it go.

JagDad07
09-23-2010, 09:32 AM
The Sanders kid deal has been scrubbed head to toe. His mom really and truly did move to the FM Marcus residency district. McGuire didn't have to sign the release, and I respect his opinion on the matter.

Now, Marcus' basketball team..... that's another matter! Watch the blogosphere later this school year....

The Observer
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
The Sanders kid deal has been scrubbed head to toe. His mom really and truly did move to the FM Marcus residency district. McGuire didn't have to sign the release, and I respect his opinion on the matter.

Now, Marcus' basketball team..... that's another matter! Watch the blogosphere later this school year....

I think I just read this wrong at first. You are just saying that he did sign the release, even though he didn't have to, I agree with that.

E-Vol-ution
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd say it's pretty fair to conclude Little Deion did it all for athletics after leaving the private school.
Owning homes and having a history of living in the two areas would make it quite a burden to prove it was done for athletic purposes other than using Deion Sr's statements alluding to unhappiness with the amount of touches the young one was getting at CHILL in their run based offense.
He neatly wrapped up that statement by saying that the mother just so happened to be moving back where her friends were so it all came together.
Obvious loophole, but it's there.

My wife wanted to buy a house she loved in Allen.............my son would have fit in perfectly being a slashing style smaller size RB with quick feet that also does kick and punt returns. There just so happens to be an abundance of them at Arlington Bowie.:D

JagFan
09-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Juniors parents, the principle and AD of Marcus made sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed before he moved.

His mom bought a house instead of renting with funny clauses in the lease agreements.

No comparison with the Daxx transfer.

Do I think he moved for athletic reasons? Yep but they jumped through the loopholes right. Plus the coach he left did not raise a stink, that was key to the whole thing. I think if his former coach had checked the box saying he transferred for athletic reasons it would have been a whole different thing. I am assuming that the coach at Chill did not check that box.

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 10:28 AM
No need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but UIL approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.

E-Vol-ution
09-23-2010, 10:37 AM
No need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but UIL approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.

I only made mention because the article was public on Rivals and Yahoo.
Not that I would create a forum on it......but commented since it was up.

CCHS77
09-23-2010, 10:46 AM

It's all c9's fault! (That rumormonger!)

:eek:

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I only made mention because the article was public on Rivals and Yahoo.
Not that I would create a forum on it......but commented since it was up.

understand. There are plenty of high profile "opportunities" for investigative journalists to bend and shape in a 10 minute TV segment, implying all sorts of things. People will believe the worst. After having gone through that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

chhspantherfan
09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
understand. There are plenty of high profile "opportunities" for investigative journalists to bend and shape in a 10 minute TV segment, implying all sorts of things. People will believe the worst. After having gone through that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

felt that pain Feb4, 2005

THS PRINZ
09-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Like I have always said....UIL need to change the rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 10:58 AM
felt that pain Feb4, 2005

I suspect I know what that was, and I was probably wrong then in some things I said. We all need to walk a mile in others shoes don't we? I have thought about that since then, esp when panther99 was digging me. You, TulsaHale, and our current situation made me think about how those things get played out and kept me silent. Glad I was able to stay restrained for once. :o

allendad
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd say it's pretty fair to conclude Little Deion did it all for athletics after leaving the private school.
Owning homes and having a history of living in the two areas would make it quite a burden to prove it was done for athletic purposes other than using Deion Sr's statements alluding to unhappiness with the amount of touches the young one was getting at CHILL in their run based offense.
He neatly wrapped up that statement by saying that the mother just so happened to be moving back where her friends were so it all came together.
Obvious loophole, but it's there.

My wife wanted to buy a house she loved in Allen.............my son would have fit in perfectly being a slashing style smaller size RB with quick feet that also does kick and punt returns. There just so happens to be an abundance of them at Arlington Bowie.:D

Our loss E-Vol . . . . . :(

OakTreeUp-n-Out
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
no need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but uil approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.

+1.

rodjohns
09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Actually I think the most interesting piece of this article is these two paragraphs:

Though Sanders adeptly runs the Marcus offense, Erwin said the 5-7, 170-pounder is too small to play quarterback on the next level and that he will be a slot receiver or cornerback at a Division-I school.

The junior, who also plays baseball and basketball, has neither a college list nor any preferences regarding geography, coaches, atmosphere, etc. He considered attending camp last year at LSU but ultimately declined because his father could instruct him as well as the college coaches.

Lttle bit of a presumption don't you think? He seems like a good kid with his head on straight but to say that he will be a slot receiver at a D-1 school and that his Dad can teach him as much as the College Coaches...c'mon the reason he will be a D-1 slot receiver has nothing to do with his ability...it will have everything to do with his name.

JagDad07
09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I've never seen the kid play, but if he's 5'-7", there's no guarentee he'll be a D1 athlete playing any position.

SWMHebron
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I've never seen the kid play, but if he's 5'-7", there's no guarentee he'll be a D1 athlete playing any position.

I didn't realize until I read this discussion that he is that short. At 5-7 he won't get lots of D1 attention whatever his name is.

huntm
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM

Boom! You are prophetic my friend.

http://www.planostar.com/articles/2010/09/23/flower_mound_leader/news/698.txt

And the dominos start to fall.

rodjohns
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Never say never but I can almost guarantee LSU won't be offering anytime soon..

rodjohns
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Boom! You are prophetic my friend.

http://www.planostar.com/articles/2010/09/23/flower_mound_leader/news/698.txt

And the dominos start to fall.

Now that we have a precident (SLC and Daxx) I would bet that every pissed off person in the State of Texas that knows about players and parents that have skirted the issue...are gonna come out of the woodwork..

steve_clements
09-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I didn't realize until I read this discussion that he is that short. At 5-7 he won't get lots of D1 attention whatever his name is.
if the kid can play, he can play. see maurice jones-drew, darren sprowles and dexter mccluster. although the latter is a giant @ 5'8! not saying sanders is them, but those cats are doing o.k. in this economy!

rodjohns
09-23-2010, 01:12 PM
if the kid can play, he can play. see maurice jones-drew, darren sprowles and dexter mccluster. although the latter is a giant @ 5'8! not saying sanders is them, but those cats are doing o.k. in this economy!

C'mon...do not compare those guys with a kid that has not done or shown anything yet..I agree with the "height should not be a factor" for obvious reasons...but we are dealing with reality...in this economy...

if you do not pass the look test you will drop down into Walk-On, D-1 FCS, D2, D3 etc...just the way it is unless you have 4.2/4.3 speed and lil D does not look that fast..

yankee
09-23-2010, 01:12 PM

his name is deion sanders jr.

he'll be playing D1 somewhere.

rodjohns
09-23-2010, 01:19 PM
his name is deion sanders jr.

he'll be playing D1 somewhere.

I said the exact same thing in previous post:

c'mon the reason he will be a D-1 slot receiver has nothing to do with his ability...it will have everything to do with his name.

JagDad07
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Now that we have a precident (SLC and Daxx) I would bet that every pissed off person in the State of Texas that knows about players and parents that have skirted the issue...are gonna come out of the woodwork..And there are a lot of pissed off basketball parents at Marcus. You wouldn't believe the e-mails I've been getting.

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 01:54 PM
And there are a lot of pissed off basketball parents at Marcus. You wouldn't believe the e-mails I've been getting.

why are YOU receiving emails about Marcus????????

TheScout
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Juniors parents, the principle and AD of Marcus made sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed before he moved.

His mom bought a house instead of renting with funny clauses in the lease agreements.

No comparison with the Daxx transfer.

Do I think he moved for athletic reasons? Yep but they jumped through the loopholes right. Plus the coach he left did not raise a stink, that was key to the whole thing. I think if his former coach had checked the box saying he transferred for athletic reasons it would have been a whole different thing. I am assuming that the coach at Chill did not check that box.

So it's just like Dax but his parents are just better at lying. ...but I'm sure Jag fans will be fine with it.:rolleyes: hypocrisy.

chhspantherfan
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I suspect I know what that was, and I was probably wrong then in some things I said. We all need to walk a mile in others shoes don't we? I have thought about that since then, esp when panther99 was digging me. You, TulsaHale, and our current situation made me think about how those things get played out and kept me silent. Glad I was able to stay restrained for once. :o

I like the spontaneity of this forum and there are plenty of times that I type too much, for that I try to apologize as soon as I realize it. There are probably more casual surfers that see some of the threads and think we are nuts. But there isn't a member of this online community that wouldn't get a hand if they needed it. That is way cool. All over passion for a game. :)

And YES empathy is a great quality.

JagDad07
09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
why are YOU receiving emails about Marcus????????

I write for a college sports blog that sometimes publishes articles related to recruiting and such going on at the high school level. Because of the Daxx deal, parents all over the Metroplex with an axe to grind about their kid getting pushed out of playing time by a "move in" are carpet bombing blogs like ours with info about the deal. The Marcus deal smells to high heaven, but no one's talking....

So it's just like Dax but his parents are just better at lying. ...but I'm sure Jag fans will be fine with it.:rolleyes: hypocrisy.

The Jag in my name is for Mansfield Summit, where my son played and graduated several years ago. I no longer have kids there, but still cheer for them.

yankee
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I said the exact same thing in previous post:

c'mon the reason he will be a D-1 slot receiver has nothing to do with his ability...it will have everything to do with his name.

agreed...though i do think he has some ability.

JagFan
09-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Where did I say we were fine with it? I said I thought he moved for athletic reasons. Not defending or objecting to it. I have also said all along that the loopholes are there. This is the case of one set of parents were just better at going through the loopholes than the other. Now please show me where I have said that is fine?

Marcus also has had several kids transfer and be declared ineligible. Robert Timmons back in 2000 and then Rufus Mason just 2 years ago. Then there was Nick Stephens in 2003 or 2004 that transferred from Marcus to Flower Mound, he had to play JV as a Junior.

Oh and Jr. is a Marcus Marauder not a Flower Mound Jag.

SWMHebron
09-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Where did I say we were fine with it? I said I thought he moved for athletic reasons. Not defending or objecting to it. I have also said all along that the loopholes are there. This is the case of one set of parents were just better at going through the loopholes than the other. Now please show me where I have said that is fine?

Marcus also has had several kids transfer and be declared ineligible. Robert Timmons back in 2000 and then Rufus Mason just 2 years ago. Then there was Nick Stephens in 2003 or 2004 that transferred from Marcus to Flower Mound, he had to play JV as a Junior.

I think he was responding to something from JagDad07, who is a Mansfield person, not a Flower Mound person.

JagFan
09-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I think he was responding to something from JagDad07, who is a Mansfield person, not a Flower Mound person.

Well then I will await an apology from her. :)

blueraider10
09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think the DEC will rule the basketball transfers ineligible. Cracks me up though that one kid started playing at Legacy as a freshman, became angry about not being on varsity, left to go to the AAU program at Grace Prep with the 7' kid, and now has somehow wound up at Marcus with kids he has played summer ball with since he was in grade school. I am sure it is all for academic reasons.

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
I write for a college sports blog that sometimes publishes articles related to recruiting and such going on at the high school level. Because of the Daxx deal, parents all over the Metroplex with an axe to grind about their kid getting pushed out of playing time by a "move in" are carpet bombing blogs like ours with info about the deal. The Marcus deal smells to high heaven, but no one's talking....

The Jag in my name is for Mansfield Summit, where my son played and graduated several years ago. I no longer have kids there, but still cheer for them.

OK, thanks for the clarification about the emails.

JagDad07
09-23-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't think the DEC will rule the basketball transfers ineligible. Cracks me up though that one kid started playing at Legacy as a freshman, became angry about not being on varsity, left to go to the AAU program at Grace Prep with the 7' kid, and now has somehow wound up at Marcus with kids he has played summer ball with since he was in grade school. I am sure it is all for academic reasons.

He was on varisty as a freshman, he just wasn't playing much as he was getting pushed all over the floor. Grace Prep sold him a bill of goods. And he is a very bright young kid - he was in a lot of my son's pre-AP classes as a freshman - and was the only freshman boy taller than my son!

jbusch
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Just read the article - Lots of promise based on a move during a scrimage against Irving? :eek: that reasoning is what needs investigation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcusdrillmom
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
The basketball player in question was ruled eligible

http://www.courier-gazette.com/articles/2010/09/23/news_update/308.txt

blueraider10
09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
No suprise about the DEC ruling. I think it's just coincidence that they've played together on a summer team.

farmerfan
09-23-2010, 07:09 PM
No suprise about the DEC ruling. I think it's just coincidence that they've played together on a summer team.

Bingo. It's clear why they transferred and it's amazing the influence some parents can have on this stuff. I hate it, especially for the kids who have been at Marcus since day 1 putting in the work and waiting for their time. It's also amazing that Marcus is adding to an already strong team coming back from a 36-3 record or whatever it was they went and a trip to Austin.

farmerfan
09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
And there are a lot of pissed off basketball parents at Marcus. You wouldn't believe the e-mails I've been getting.

Knowing how the parents at Marcus used to be I can only imagine the emails you have received. Doesn't shock me one bit. I frist heard about this stuff back in August and spoke to Matt2000Eagle about this very thing.

farmerfan
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM
You would think that Deion's kid would be a bigger story than an Oklahoma ice throwers kid.

He was getting enough touches and was frustrated...............so I will move back to Flower Mound because of their superior academics???????????????

Don't bring the academic crap into this. That is a Carroll out, you guys are the only ones with superior academics ;)

FeeltheHaka
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
What happened to Deion's kid going to Celina or Prosper?

The Dax Garman dealio is busting the whole transfer issue wide open, and it's about time!

slcdragonfan
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
The basketball player in question was ruled eligible

http://www.courier-gazette.com/articles/2010/09/23/news_update/308.txt

Glad to hear it.

The Observer
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Knowing how the parents at Marcus used to be I can only imagine the emails you have received. Doesn't shock me one bit. I frist heard about this stuff back in August and spoke to Matt2000Eagle about this very thing.

Do you guys know if these guys moved residences or if they just went from private school to public. If they already lived in Marcus school zone, I can't see what the big deal would be regardless of what summer team they played on.

farmerfan
09-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Do you guys know if these guys moved residences or if they just went from private school to public. If they already lived in Marcus school zone, I can't see what the big deal would be regardless of what summer team they played on.

I have no idea about the living situation of these guys, I did hear something back in August though telling me to keep a watch out on this and I have no idea how much truth is behind what I heard, lets just say a lot of people believed their summer team had a major impact on why they decided to come to Marcus and it clearly was for basketball only

blueraider10
09-24-2010, 07:10 AM

Let's see. One player was at Mansfield Legacy for freshman year, Arlington Grace Prep his sophomore year, and now is at Marcus. The other player started at Arlington Martin, was at Grace Prep, and now is at Marcus.

Again, I don't have an issue with moving for any reason, we do live in a society that allows for the freedom of movement. I just wish the ruse would end.

JagDad07
09-24-2010, 07:55 AM

Yeah, both the kids lived in south Arlington for their freshman and sophomore years - then have ended up in Flower Mound. Have yet to uncover anything about their living situation up there. But the guy orchestrating all this is a very clever fellow and I'm sure he has all the "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed.