PDA

View Full Version : The Official Tyler Robert E Lee "Red Raider" Happy Place

Hank Hill
09-11-2010, 12:57 PM
0-3 to start 2010, losses to ETrinity, Lufkin and cross town rival John Tyler......all great Teams.

Since more than likely I'll be the only one posting here I'd like to thank myself and warn myself of any negative waves will not be tolerated:rofl:

But my thoughts on last night game against John Tyler:

First REL ran onto the field, JT walked onto the field and was a huge turn off, but as they say if you can talk the talk you better walk the walk and JT did, just like to see the kids fired up but that's just me, but they did their talking on the field so just my deal, JT fans were fired up as they should be, REL fans acted as this was a classic music concert, but not a lot to cheer about.

Second, I really like coach Owens choosing semi pro football teams to play, to be the best you've got to beat the best(can I get a Ric Flair woooooo), but as has been the hallmark of this season too many fumbles and interceptions killed any chance of REL staying in the game, not winning, but staying in the game. From the first play REL dropped a sure long gain, that killed them last year in the playoff game against Stoney Point...The Defense is good but as any team if your on the field all night it's going to wear you down, John Tyler needs to get one of their OL a shoe that fits since it came off 5 times during the game, QB is really good as is their RB's also the one DL(since I'm not sure giving out numbers here is allowed)made tons of tackles, sacks and fumble recovery.

Three, to the lady sitting behind me with the kid kicking my back, trying to reason with a 3 year old doesn't work, from the start of the 2nd quarter after asking you to help me out I just went up top a stood the rest of the game, I won't get into the 300 pound plus loudmouth in front of me, though I would never have thought someone could eat "5" nacho plates, two hot dogs and 3 bags of candy in 2 quarters......

Four, REL did this last year and went deep into the playoffs, this isn't that team and I'm thinking it's going to be a really tough year and no playoffs, which is a real bummer since it's my nephews senior year in band. At QB lets hope the other guy who can start playing is better, he's not ready but the best they have, RB can't hold onto the ball inside the 10 yard line so it's time to try something else.

I'd like to throw a penalty on myself for the "Negative Waves" and have done so........I'll miss next weeks game against The Woodlands due to my own band practice in Dallas(Thunder Road "A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen)...also the road game against Beaumont since, well it's Beaumont:D

Congrats ET, Lufkin and John Tyler I expect all 3 to go deep into the playoff's, as for REL cue Jim Mora "Playoff's?"

slcdragonfan
09-11-2010, 02:07 PM
0-3 to start 2010, losses to ETrinity, Lufkin and cross town rival John Tyler......all great Teams.

Since more than likely I'll be the only one posting here I'd like to thank myself and warn myself of any negative waves will not be tolerated:rofl:

First REL ran onto the field, JT walked onto the field and was a huge turn off, but as they say if you can talk the talk you better walk the walk and JT did, just like to see the kids fired up but that's just me, but they did their talking on the field so just my deal, JT fans were fired up as they should be, REL fans acted as this was a classic music concert, but not a lot to cheer about.

Second, I really like coach Owens choosing semi pro football teams to play, to be the best you've got to beat the best(can I get a Ric Flair woooooo), but as has been the hallmark of this season too many fumbles and interceptions killed any chance of REL staying in the game, not winning, but staying in the game. From the first play REL dropped a sure long gain, that killed them last year in the playoff game against Stoney Point...The Defense is good but as any team if your on the field all night it's going to wear you down, John Tyler needs to get one of their OL a shoe that fits since it came off 5 times during the game, QB is really good as is their RB's also the one DL(since I'm not sure giving out numbers here is allowed)made tons of tackles, sacks and fumble recovery.

Three, to the lady sitting behind me with the kid kicking my back, trying to reason with a 3 year old doesn't work, from the start of the 2nd quarter after asking you to help me out I just went up top a stood the rest of the game, I won't get into the 300 pound plus loudmouth in front of me, though I would never have thought someone could eat "5" nacho plates, two hot dogs and 3 bags of candy in 2 quarters......

Four, REL did this last year and went deep into the playoffs, this isn't that team and I'm thinking it's going to be a really tough year and no playoffs, which is a real bummer since it's my nephews senior year in band. At QB lets hope the other guy who can start playing is better, he's not ready but the best they have, RB can't hold onto the ball inside the 10 yard line so it's time to try something else.

I'd like to throw a penalty on myself for the "Negative Waves" and have done so........I'll miss next weeks game against The Woodlands due to my own band practice in Dallas(Thunder Road "A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen)...also the road game against Beaumont since, well it's Beaumont:D

Congrats ET, Lufkin and John Tyler I expect all 3 to go deep into the playoff's, as for REL cue Jim Mora "Playoff's?"

great post hank. :)

Favpack
09-11-2010, 02:15 PM

99.99% humidity and 95 degrees brought out the worst in everyone last night. Almost made me wish for an out of town game I wouldn't drive to..... naw, not really.

Hank Hill
09-14-2010, 01:55 AM
If anyone makes this REL vs TW please leave a recap if possible, I'm going to miss the next two games but make the 1st District Road game with Mesquite driving all day from Omaha Ne......Kicking around making the Desoto game and all the rest of the REL home games so I'll leave my feedback so I can read it later:laugh:laugh:laugh

Hank Hill
09-20-2010, 02:48 PM
My recap of the TW VS REL game..........didn't go, didn't see it and was out of town........Beaumont I'll listen to on the radio since I've been through Beaumont and that was enough for me:D

Good luck to both teams but I'm afraid REL loses again.......but will make the road game 10/8 in Mesquite....

But something pretty cool tonight at the Rose, my nephew has asked me fill in for his parent(long story) and I'll get to be on the field for some band thing that I'm sure I'll be made fun of.......first time on a football field since 1979

Hank Hill
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
With 7:25 left in the game I might as well start the recap:

Did not travel for this game and glad I didn't because of the weather, a two hour lightning delay at halftime, a few things......Doing this based on the radio call.......RB Wallace did not play not that it would have made much of a difference, QB Conder did get into the game and lead REL to the only TD, Seeber probably has seen his last time on the field unless Conder gets hurt......not that Conder is tons better.

Defense kept REL in the game until the 3rd Quarter, NO help from the offense, Seeber threw a pick 6 that hurt, fumbled on a 4th a 3 inches.....

Those who are thinking REL is going to turn it on during district play like last year I hope your right, but this isn't last years team.......Desoto, Longview and Mesquite Horn are miles ahead of REL at this point imo, again hope I'm wrong but too many mistakes, no passing game and when it does hit a WR they usually drop it.....Run Run Run(a great Who song btw) should be REL offense and hope it sets up a "few" passes, doesn't bode well "if" they make the playoffs........Yes, a brutal schedule and hope it helps, but it's going to be on the defense to save the offense........

Hank Hill
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Recap of Mesquite Horn vs REL in Mesquite:

1st - Whatever burger place down from the stadium I picked I should have had a burger and not a Hot Dog, sorry but Mayo doesn't go on hot dogs...

2nd - Nice little stadium and REL turn out was pretty good, a little light on the Horn side imo, team is good

3rd - Conder looks pretty good and RB Wallace did very well, REL's problem all year has been fumbling and this game was no different, don't know how you coach them to stop that but something has to be done.

4th - To the drunk driver in the white truck on I 20, hope you don't kill anyone tonight or if you do wreck it's only you, I have NO tolerance for drunk drivers, almost hit me driving back a hole, your lucky the cops pulled over almost everyone else letting you get through.

5th - REL is in the much used "Rebuilding Year" mode though coach Owens won't say so, if they lose to Desoto and they most likely will I'm for giving Seeber the QB spot the rest of the way to get ready for next year, tonight was a playoff game to me since you'll have to beat either Longview or Desoto to have any sniff at the playoffs and I don't see that happening.

Going to miss next weeks game since I'll be on the Road back from Omaha, might try and check out a OKCity high school game on the way back.

cujoforlife
04-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Lee will have their hands full with JT again this year it should be a good one.

Hank Hill
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20110519/SPORTS05/110519660

Coach Owens out at REL-Tyler

Favpack
05-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Well that's a bummer. He was a heck of a coach. I don't think Lee will ever have a run like they did from '99 to about 2005. Should have won two state titles, but did get one. Still don't see how Midland beat Matt Flynn in 2002.

wolfpack4life
05-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Major fireworks going on over on Smoaky.com since the release of this news.

Much speculation over the reason of his departure, including Owens being "unhappy" with the school district for not picking him as the new AD of TISD.

wolfpack4life
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
bump

dontstopbelievinglufkin
09-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Hello? Anybody there? Wtf!! Yall are ranked and beat sulphur freakin springs! Come on now.. Oh wait.. The ranking was a typo.. Nevermind.. Back to what yall were doing.. Carry on!

LoboFan07
09-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Hello? Anybody there? Wtf!! Yall are ranked and beat sulphur freakin springs! Come on now.. Oh wait.. The ranking was a typo.. Nevermind.. Back to what yall were doing.. Carry on!

But but but blowing out SS is making a statement!!

Grainraiser
09-03-2013, 08:46 AM
I really hope Lee can get it together and at minimum field a competitive team. Hopefully the new coaching staff can show some improvement this year.

Reggie

Paige70
09-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I really hope Lee can get it together and at minimum field a competitive team. Hopefully the new coaching staff can show some improvement this year.

Reggie

I am pulling for Lee and Mesquite to make the playoffs this year...would be extremely gratifying!!!!!!!

LoboFan07
09-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I am pulling for Lee and Mesquite to make the playoffs this year...would be extremely gratifying!!!!!!!

Don't be a chicken, embrace Division I. ;)

Trinity-Jagger
09-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Con-grats on your statement victory over Lufkin,,,,,,hopefully will just make you better this season going forward...!!!

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kahnfrontational
09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
But but but blowing out SS is making a statement!!

U dang skippy BOY

kahnfrontational
09-09-2013, 12:24 PM
No it wasn't a typo. As u can supher springs is not that much worser than Lufkin.

wolfpack4life
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Thread has been here 3 years, and now that Lee is winning...Kahn decides to post here.

It's official, you're a bandwagon. :rofl:

A long with any other Lee fan who starts popping up out of no where.