PDA

View Full Version : Skyline vs Bowie

mr.stchamp007
09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Is it going to be a rain fest like last year? I think this will be another classic fight between these two schools. If the young raiders can put it together on O, and put some points up this will be a good game. Skylines D matches up well with bowies O. I see a 3 point game 17-14 going either way.

FatBoy of Troy
09-08-2010, 11:16 AM
After what I saw Monday... If Skyline don't get better in a very short time they lose this one too.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Bowie in a laugher!

ThEgReAtOnE
09-08-2010, 11:22 AM
After what I saw Monday... If Skyline don't get A LOT better in a very short time they lose this one too.

fify

mr.stchamp007
09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I think I already said the O had to get better. And they will get better. After thier non-district games they get a bye week before they start district play and they should be ready by then. And yes Skyline does play 3 disd schools, as well as berkner, richardson and Lake Highlands.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
I think I already said the O had to get better. And they will get better. After thier non-district games they get a bye week before they start district play and they should be ready by then. And yes Skyline does play 3 disd schools, as well as berkner, richardson and Lake Highlands.

They might get better, but I doubt they get Bowie-better. Hansborough is going to be just as effective the STA RB was. The one true weakness that Bowie has is in the Secondary. Good thing that the Skyline QB couldn't complete a pass if his favorite dog's life was at stake. Not being mean... just truthful.

I do see Skyline scoring, however. I have a final score of 35-14, Bowie.

LET IT FLY
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
:yes: Every dog has his day boys . This Skyline program is going thru what every big time 5A Program goes threw every 3 years. REBUILDING now I everyone would love to have Trinity size and depth, a core of fleet footed receivers and senior QB every year but rest assured that want be down long. If I where you non believers you better get them now because the next three years are so the train is coming there under group have size and speed could be more talented thean what they just sent to every D-1 PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY LAST YEAR. They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys . I no they are not polished as last years team but give them DFW cupcakes and false impression with young talent and then you guys would really talk down on this team. If they win go 2-3 rounds in playoffs is that a great year for soph offensive team. BEWARE THEY ARE GOING TO GET BETTER. That staff is pretty :Censor: good and get the most out of there kids... How good is the rest of the District..

Dynastybegan86
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Haven't read any of the thread, but as to the thread topic, Bowie is much better than Skyline. I watched all the games Saturday. The Bowie/Desoto game was by far the best of the day. I think the volunteers win it fairly easily.

FatBoy of Troy
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
They might get better, but I doubt they get Bowie-better. Hansborough is going to be just as effective the STA RB was. The one true weakness that Bowie has is in the Secondary. Good thing that the Skyline QB couldn't complete a pass if his favorite dog's life was at stake. Not being mean... just truthful.

I don't know what it is, but he just couldn't seem to scout the field. I saw numerous open recievers and he either couldn't see them, or was just panicing in the pocket with the rush coming. He had numerous opportunities to just "tuck and run", but chose to run around, trying to make something happen... resulting in getting sacked. I did see Skylines JV QB last Thursday at Trinity. He had a great arm and was a much more poised kid and ran the team like a general. He probably should be moved up and start. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

Texasfrog
09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
:yes: Every dog has his day boys . This Skyline program is going thru what every big time 5A Program goes threw every 3 years. REBUILDING now I everyone would love to have Trinity size and depth, a core of fleet footed receivers and senior QB every year but rest assured that want be down long. If I where you non believers you better get them now because the next three years are so the train is coming there under group have size and speed could be more talented thean what they just sent to every D-1 PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY LAST YEAR. They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys . I no they are not polished as last years team but give them DFW cupcakes and false impression with young talent and then you guys would really talk down on this team. If they win go 2-3 rounds in playoffs is that a great year for soph offensive team. BEWARE THEY ARE GOING TO GET BETTER. That staff is pretty :Censor: good and get the most out of there kids... How good is the rest of the District..

Skyline is going to get better this year. How much better is questionable.
Yes, they have to replace some seriously good (multi year starters).
I think the Skyline defense is actually pretty salty but they cant sustain covering for the weak offense 48 minutes and it hurts them in the second half.
Skyline will be getting back their most explosive player (Thomas Johnson) but the biggest problem with Skyline is a very very very poor O-line. They looked slow, soft and fundamentally lost in the game against STA. STA just loaded up the box and blitzed every down with 5 to 6 guys and Dallas Skyline was clueless on how to stop it. Their answer was to just try to run Kincaide off tackle almost every play for 2 to 3 yards. No screens, draws or quick slants.

So, unless that O-line can basically get much better in the next 48 hours I see Arlington Bowie doing much of the same. Those Arlington Bowie coaches watched that STA game and without a doubt took notes.

ps. If I was Skyline I would do away with the clapping hands for the snap. That is just giving the D-line and LB's a Green light !! When those STA defenders saw those hands of Kincade coming together they were OFF !!!
Good Scouting by STA coaches and bad adjustments by Skyline's staff.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
09-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't know what it is, but he just couldn't seem to scout the field.

He was probably more concerned about the 7 Floridians cha-cha'ing past his OL and looking to bury him in JerryWorld's fancy turf. There's not a QB in the nation who could've performed well in those conditions. As it was his scrambling and few 1st down scampers ate a little bit of clock and probably kept the score from being a lot worse (as did Skyline's D, which performed admirably, IMO). Kincaide is going to be a good QB by his senior year and a definite D1 caliber athlete at WR if not QB.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
ps. If I was Skyline I would do away with the clapping hands for the snap. That is just giving the D-line and LB's a Green light !! When those STA defenders saw those hands of Kincade coming together they were OFF !!!

To be fair, I think they eventually did adjust this (albeit after about 25 snaps worth of STA guys basically getting a Drag Racing type start on an already overmatched OL).

Unfortunately the few times I saw STA jump the gun after adjusting, the center either didn't see it or otherwise failed to snap the ball and capitalize.

The pre-snap movement up front for STA was also a ridiculously simple yet effective way of confusing those guys.

It was hard to watch... cringe-worthy.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Skyline is going to get better this year. How much better is questionable.
Yes, they have to replace some seriously good (multi year starters).
I think the Skyline defense is actually pretty salty but they cant sustain covering for the weak offense 48 minutes and it hurts them in the second half.
Skyline will be getting back their most explosive player (Thomas Johnson) but the biggest problem with Skyline is a very very very poor O-line. They looked slow, soft and fundamentally lost in the game against STA. STA just loaded up the box and blitzed every down with 5 to 6 guys and Dallas Skyline was clueless on how to stop it. Their answer was to just try to run Kincaide off tackle almost every play for 2 to 3 yards. No screens, draws or quick slants.

So, unless that O-line can basically get much better in the next 48 hours I see Arlington Bowie doing much of the same. Those Arlington Bowie coaches watched that STA game and without a doubt took notes.

You nailed it! I agree 100 percent!

Anybody who thought Skyline would be better than they are right now was high. St. Thomas Aquinas is probably one of the better programs in Florida so, the result was of no surprise. But, it starts and ends up front. The talent for Skyline is there as usual. But, they're a very young team this season and they're going thru the growing pains that I thought they would.

As for this week's game against Bowie, I have Bowie taking it 20-13.

E-Vol-ution
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
No prediction from me......Coach Perry's in the laboratory with a crumpled up hat mad as H@!!.
The team is going to take that out on somebody.
Earth is under their feet now. Very wet earth...............

SkyHighSkyline
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
All of THIS:

You nailed it! I agree 100 percent!

Anybody who thought Skyline would be better than they are right now was high. St. Thomas Aquinas is probably one of the better programs in Florida so, the result was of no surprise. But, it starts and ends up front. The talent for Skyline is there as usual. But, they're a very young team this season and they're going thru the growing pains that I thought they would.

As for this week's game against Bowie, I have Bowie taking it 20-13.

And definitely THIS:

They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys.

Coach Samples said it best:

"We play a little more, and we'll be all right," Skyline coach Reginald Samples said. "We easily could schedule a 3-0 record before district, but we're playing good teams who can show us what we're not doing right, and we have a chance to fix it." - Reference (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/dallas/skyline/stories/090710dnspohsskylinelede.23b775d.html)

All things considered, our defense is solid for this time of the year, and wiill improve. Skyline is known for its defense. As I and others have pointed out, the baby offensive line has to improve to give Kincaide some time to work. Once that happens, it's showtime.

As for the game against Bowie, I won't make any predictions either. Bowie looks like they have the edge on paper. But, I know the Raiders will come ready to play. These teams have been playing each other in pre-season for the last several years. They know each other well. So, whenever you have circumstances like that, the games are usually close.

Canes0177
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
To be fair, I think they eventually did adjust this (albeit after about 25 snaps worth of STA guys basically getting a Drag Racing type start on an already overmatched OL).

Unfortunately the few times I saw STA jump the gun after adjusting, the center either didn't see it or otherwise failed to snap the ball and capitalize.

The pre-snap movement up front for STA was also a ridiculously simple yet effective way of confusing those guys.

It was hard to watch... cringe-worthy.

We scouted them in Daytona but we really didn't have to. They did the same exact things on film against DeSoto and Cypress Woods.

4-3 cover 2 on defense and a lot of trips open on offense.

xray10
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas is probably the best high school team in the country...
skyline may not have a team like last year but a team like st. thomas will make
most teams look bad...

i'll take skyline over bowie....

in the bowie vs desoto game the desoto recievers were 10 yards past the secondary every time they threw the ball...

OakTreeUp-n-Out
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
We scouted them in Daytona but we really didn't have to. They did the same exact things on film against DeSoto and Cypress Woods.

4-3 cover 2 on defense and a lot of trips open on offense.

As a Texas fan it was hard to watch. You guys have a great squad. The difference in... 'execution'... was apparent every time you guys had a 3rd and long and we watched the play unfold. Like you mentioned, you probably could have saved the gas to Daytona.

Trojanalum693
09-08-2010, 09:55 PM
STA is a great program and I think Skyline is better than they showed against STA. However with the youth of their program I will say Bowie will win a close game 28-24.

Skyline will gain much needed experience in this game and it will help them in district play and the playoffs.

E-Vol-ution
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Bowie is going through some serious problems offensively.
It seems the plan for this year was "give the ball to Russell".
Hard to do when he's not on the field.
Really doesn't look like we worked on anything else.
The defense looked pretty good last night.
Seven fumbles in one game (none by contact) is ridiculous.
That's an execution problem.
The coaches need to take a hard look at themselves regarding play calling and other areas........it's not the players.
4-5 A is wide open.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful of Skyline.........but no way they should have won this game.
Skyline is young and plays hard defense.............they deserved the win.

Canes0177
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Teams will have a hard time scoring on Skyline this year.

You are quickly earning the reputation as the board jester.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM

Skyline's defense is athletic enough to cover up for their 'schematic and execution' deficiencies against 97% of the teams in America, and of that 3% who are athletic enough, few of them also have a coaching staff sharp enough to capitalize (see the difference between GC & STA outcomes). That includes Texas, Florida, California, Louisiana, Ohio, etc. STA's just one of those few that has both. It wouldn't be a leap to say that STA was the worst possible matchup in the entire country for Skyline.

E-Vol-ution
09-12-2010, 11:21 AM

Bowie actually had many opportunities to score and squandered them.
How we had a ball marked at the one inch line was a laugher, regardless;
Bowie put itself in that situation.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-12-2010, 11:32 AM

My reputation is pretty solid, over the 5+ yrs I've been a member. You're reputation is likely not even established. No one said teams wouldn't have a problem scoring on Skyline... that's a given. I said Bowie would beat Skyline in a laugher. Meaning, Skyline would look horrible offensively (which they did).. and Bowie would score enough to win, convincingly (which they didn't). I think we all knew Skyline would have a solid defense... but stopping a team that just blown out isn't overly impressive.

Know your place, son.

txbroadcaster
09-12-2010, 01:25 PM
That was one of the strangest, ugliest games I have ever broadcast. Skyline STILL has not scored an offensive TD.

It SEEMED Bowie over thought things on offense. They never seemed to stick with what worked. They had success running right at Skyline and then would get away from it.

This was not about whch team wanted to win as much as which team was trying to lose the most lol.

SkyHighSkyline
09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
It SEEMED Bowie over thought things on offense. They never seemed to stick with what worked. They had success running right at Skyline and then would get away from it.
Why can't you just give the young defensive guys some credit? Maybe, Skyline's red zone defense is causing these teams to make the mistakes they are making. In its first 3 games, Skyline has played 10 solid quarters of defensive football against some pretty good teams (The Raiders strong defensive play began to wane in the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter, through the entire second half of the STA game, due to fatigue as a result of too many 3/6 and outs). Sooner or later, you, and others are going to have to admit that the Raiders' scoring defense is good. After so many games ending with the same result (low opponent scoring), it's not a coincidence, and it has more to do with what Skyline is doing, than what the other teams are not doing.

Now, the lack of offensive touchdowns, so far, does concern me. However, I understand the situation (couple of starters out, playing really good teams). I'll keep taking the wins that the Raider defense provides in the meantime, though. The offense will come around soon enough. We have a bye week, and then we open up our district play against a good Berkner squad. I have no doubt Coach Samples will have the boys ready.

DownSouth
09-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Bowie in a laugher!

I hope you never stop posting. The humiliation of how wrong you always are would make it understandable, but please, keep posting.

slcdragonfan
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I hope you never stop posting. The humiliation of how wrong you always are would make it understandable, but please, keep posting.

Honestly, Bowie has disappointed this year (sorry Evol :(). Hansboro's absence is definitely making an impact and, as Evol has noted, it looks like Plan A was to ride Hansboro and Plan B was to use Plan A.

I am surprised though, as there were plenty of options with this Bowie team last year, and the Coaching has been lauded (deservedly so).

We'll have to see how it turns out as they enter District play.

txbroadcaster
09-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Why can't you just give the young defensive guys some credit? Maybe, Skyline's red zone defense is causing these teams to make the mistakes they are making..

We mentioned MANY MANY times how great Skyline was playing on D last night, but that does not mean Bowie never had success...when they were using Their back up and running the zone reads they had lanes. When they were using runs in between the tackles they had success.

When they tried to stretch the D Skyline was to fast. When they tried slow developing pass plays Skyline was shutting it down. But still Bowie had some areas of succes that IMO they did not attack enough.

SkyHighSkyline
09-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I said Bowie would beat Skyline in a laugher. Meaning, Skyline would look horrible offensively (which they did).. and Bowie would score enough to win, convincingly (which they didn't) .
Nice try at trying to clean that up. . .No, on second thought, that was the biggest crock of manure I've ever read on this forum. You stated that Bowie would win in "laugher". You FAILED on that "prediction" in a laughable way. :eek: So, just go sit in the corner now, and eat your crow. AND next time you want to offer up your predictions on a Skyline or Bowie game, I'd suggest you do a little more research, instead of making generalizations on one game.

I don't expect a response. So before you act on your compulsion to respond, take a deep breath, sit back down, and finish your crow.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Man....y'all trippin' up in here for real!:eek:

Canes0177
09-12-2010, 02:11 PM
My reputation is pretty solid, over the 5+ yrs I've been a member. You're reputation is likely not even established. No one said teams wouldn't have a problem scoring on Skyline... that's a given. I said Bowie would beat Skyline in a laugher. Meaning, Skyline would look horrible offensively (which they did).. and Bowie would score enough to win, convincingly (which they didn't). I think we all knew Skyline would have a solid defense... but stopping a team that just blown out isn't overly impressive.

Know your place, son.

I haven't been here that long but I can tell you're pretty damn silly.

You said Bowie would score 35. How can you then say you thought they had a sollid defense?

maxtor
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I haven't been here that long but I can tell you're pretty damn silly.

You said Bowie would score 35. How can you then say you thought they had a sollid defense?

Simple, he thought Bowie was better than what they really are.

BTW, where do you hang out on the Florida boards? I want to go there and gloat over selected Texas victories!

E-Vol-ution
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Why can't you just give the young defensive guys some credit? Maybe, Skyline's red zone defense is causing these teams to make the mistakes they are making. In its first 3 games, Skyline has played 10 solid quarters of defensive football against some pretty good teams (The Raiders strong defensive play began to wane in the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter, through the entire second half of the STA game, due to fatigue as a result of too many 3/6 and outs). Sooner or later, you, and others are going to have to admit that the Raiders' scoring defense is good. After so many games ending with the same result (low opponent scoring), it's not a coincidence, and it has more to do with what Skyline is doing, than what the other teams are not doing.

Now, the lack of offensive touchdowns, so far, does concern me. However, I understand the situation (couple of starters out, playing really good teams). I'll keep taking the wins that the Raider defense provides in the meantime, though. The offense will come around soon enough. We have a bye week, and then we open up our district play against a good Berkner squad. I have no doubt Coach Samples will have the boys ready.

Skyline's defense did have some good moments.......but you aren't claiming that a single fumble of the 7 was forced or that the defense had anything to do with the 99 yard fumble return are you?
The last fumble return came with how much time on the clock?
I'm asking because I left with under a minute to go and Skyline had the ball leading 7-6.

Hitman49
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Skyline gets 6 turnovers and scores on two fumble returns manages only 87 yards and 5 first Downs no offensive TD against team that gave up 49 points 5 days earlier. Enough said!!

mr.stchamp007
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Bowie's O did not score in the game either. And I do remember a Skyline WR catching a ball that looked like a TD, but the ref said no and a RB looks like he gets in the Zone but they say no. I have never seen a ball that close to the TD and not be one. But Skyline just has to keep working. 1-2 going into a bye week is not bad. They played 2 tough games from teams out of FLA and 1 playoff team from TX. And they did all that with 8 SOPH (QB,WR, 5 OL, DB) and 1 FR (DB) that have all started in at least 1 of 3 games. Some have started all the games but there is at least a combo of 6 that will start every week. The whole right side of the OL has been SOPH the last two weeks, protecting a SOPH at QB. Everybody keeps saying how many points they gave up to the #1 PASSING O in TX but didnt they (bowie) score points too? Was it 21 or 28? But that don't matter because SKYLINE WINS ENOUGH SAID! They will take the W and you would too:yes:.

mr.stchamp007
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
The final score should have read 28-0 Skyline IMO. But it didnt but again we will take it.

E-Vol-ution
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
The final score should have read 28-0 Skyline IMO. But it didnt but again we will take it.
lol.....Bowie gave Skyline all of their field position and you know it.
Those 5 first downs were hard earned.........and we made enough mistakes for you to earn the victory.
If anything the score should have been 28-7 Bowie given the dropped handoff that went back for 99 yards.
Again....we'll see how the district and post season works out for each of us.

mr.stchamp007
09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
EVL are you say Bowie wins 28-7 or Sky wins 28-7

E-Vol-ution
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
EVL are you say Bowie wins 28-7 or Sky wins 28-7

Bowie of course.......I was at that game.

mr.stchamp007
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL...It did rain, so i guess you slipped and fell on your head or somthing.:rofl:HA!HA! I could understand you saying 21-14 bowie because Sky did have 2 chances to score but you think your D was just that good to stop Sky. But Sky D got lucky and did not cause those fumbles. You can not have it both ways. Again 28-0 Sky should have been the score

E-Vol-ution
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL...It did rain, so i guess you slipped and fell on your head or somthing.:rofl:HA!HA! I could understand you saying 21-14 bowie because Sky did have 2 chances to score but you think your D was just that good to stop Sky. But Sky D got lucky and did not cause those fumbles. You can not have it both ways. Again 28-0 Sky should have been the score

ok......
You never even had a single drive, how could you get 28?
That 99 yarder came from Bowie having the refs spot a ball at the one inch line.
Why the call for a handoff I don't know......but you clearly saw a botched handoff. Correct?
The second fumble I honestly didn't see.
Less than a minute was left in the game and Skyline had first down a little behind midfield. The score was 7-6.
How did you guys not play out the clock?
That's why I gave the 7...from the first one.
Can't figure how the second came about.