PDA

View Full Version : Trinity: what have they learned today against Shiloh?

LR46
09-06-2010, 12:25 PM
At the half with Trinity 53 - Shiloh 20.

Being very critical, here's what I see so far that they need to work on:

1. That a QB with an arm can beat them deep. They will face others with good passing QB's.

2. 12 men in the huddle. Coaching mistakes. To me that's unforgiveable.

3. They need to tackle better downfield.

4. They are susceptible to trick plays.

I knew Shiloh would score, just based on their "All World" QB.

And side notes:

a. The QB and Dan Jones have kept them in the game to some degree.
b. There's no way a school of this size could be as "good" as they are without being private and accepting kids into the school because they are good football players. It's impossible any other way.
c. Max Preps ranks Shiloh #1 over Trinity. Who is the knuckle head that's running that show. What a laugher.
d. There has to be better all around teams than Shiloh in Arkansas. Without the main two (QB and Dan Jones) they wouldn't stand a chance against one of our better 3A schools or private schools.

LR46
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Well, after the game's over (finally!) . . . I am concerned that this game was just too easy for Trinity. It's nice and classy (as always) that Lineweaver played most of sideline in the entire last quarter. And the 5ft 4 inch Boykin proved he can run the ball. But again, they did not play a quality team, so it is hard to judge how good the reserves really are.

Trinity's schedule is also pretty easy, which again doesn't really help them too much going into the playoffs . . . or maybe they are just hands down far above any team they will ever play this year no matter what.

I can't believe that yet, it's too early to conclude that.

Trojanalum693
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
The game was way to easy. Glad to see that we could just run the ball at will.

TigerHat
09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
nm.

slcdragonfan
09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
can you say "Who's your daddy?" :)

trojanbacker
09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
They need to fix their kicking game. a 95 yard return?

Downfield tackling was not good.

Penalties. Penalties. Penalties.

Plenty to work on this week.

Forget this game. Move on.

da wiz
09-06-2010, 04:49 PM

we did get a field goal today.. secondary and kick coverage must improve, that offense is scary good,

120 yds of penalities very bad..

jbusch
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I know that Shiloh learned not to use a pop gun to try to stop a tank

AbEagleFan
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Well if I am a starter on the Trinity offense, I have learned not to score so much too quick or else I will be sitting my butt over on the sideline for most of the game. :D

da wiz
09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
3 backs over 100 yds, tot yds 706-326,

reed35
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
SC was a joke. Dang that was sad.
Congrats Trinity.

LR46
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM

OK ladies and gentlemen, let's not expose too many of Trinity's weaknesses. The other coaches might be reading this and learning something they don't know or can't figure out.

My fault for starting the thread. I apologize, seriously! :heli:Maybe this thread should be deleted, seriously!!!

TrojanBandEX
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't see our district offering much of a challenge. It will be tough to improve for the playoffs if we dominate everyone.

titus211
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Trinity has yet to play a big 5A school from a big state like Florida or California.

FatBoy of Troy
09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
80 points and Brandon Carter was really a non factor. Yeah, he did throw a long pass... but had he have gotten his hands on the ball 10-15 times. Scary thought.

Trojanman96
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Trinity saw very early that scoring was too easy and started calling more conservative plays in the first quarter. I can really respect that. LW didnt want to score too fast.

I knew Shiloh would score but...

the first td was on a kick return and the return man went out of bounds.....oh well they prob score anyway and Trinity sbould have covered better

second and third td's were great athleticism by Kiehl but total concentration lapses by the Trinity D.

4th td was kept alive by a stupid FACEMASK...man I hate those.

All in all props to Trinity's D. They only let up 19 points to a good offense.

Maroondog
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Trojans learned that their own freshmen could give them a better game.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Like I've heard before: " They are who we thought they were!"~Denny Green

RidgePride
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Trinity has yet to play a big 5A school from a big state like Florida or California.

We learned that Trinity has absolutely no business playing any school pre district that is not a big name from Texas Florida or California.

trojandad
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
We learned that Trinity has absolutely no business playing any school pre district that is not a big name from Texas Florida or California.

Played "big name" from Texas last week" REL with several DI Db's. Since we are in a 9 team district ( thanks UIL) we only get 2 non-district games.

Last year we played CHILL and Allen. Leared some great lessons from those two games and allowed the Sophs and new Juniors to get their sea legs. We'll face some kind of adversity during district. Maybe it's Colley, Bell, or MAC. Teams in 6-5A will not just lie down for these Trojans.

They will get everyone's best as each team will want to be the Haka Slayer.

jbusch
09-06-2010, 07:55 PM

don't loose any sleep over this :D- if the Trojans beat the Dallas cowboys or TCU @ jerry world they would get flack for not playing an out of state team and not traveling - according to some of the posters.

there's a fellow on these boards that uses a line something like this "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" or some such. It just may apply to some of these guys.:rolleyes:

Gosh what a great day this was

da wiz
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
don't loose any sleep over this :D- if the Trojans beat the Dallas cowboys or TCU @ jerry world they would get flack for not playing an out of state team and not traveling - according to some of the posters.

there's a fellow on these boards that uses a line something like this "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" or some such. It just may apply to some of these guys.:rolleyes:

Gosh what a great day this was

yes it was,

ps. i didnt get the soda, but i splurged and got the program:)

Trojan Fan
09-06-2010, 08:56 PM

This was brought up back in the spring...Pay attention...
You should have said " when is one of the 5A schools from Florida or California going to play Trinity"
No matter what you think of Shilo they took the game against Trinity when most would not.
Now stop being so negative......

Trojanalum693
09-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Trinity saw very early that scoring was too easy and started calling more conservative plays in the first quarter. I can really respect that. LW didnt want to score too fast.

I knew Shiloh would score but...

the first td was on a kick return and the return man went out of bounds.....oh well they prob score anyway and Trinity sbould have covered better

second and third td's were great athleticism by Kiehl but total concentration lapses by the Trinity D.

4th td was kept alive by a stupid FACEMASK...man I hate those.

All in all props to Trinity's D. They only let up 19 points to a good offense.

I wasn't happy about that at the time. I couldn't understand why we just didn't line up and go outside every time they weren't stopping it. But since we ended up winning 80-26 I really didn't care too much.

But aren't you supposed to call plays in the first qtr at least that you can score off of quickly?

Trojanman96
09-07-2010, 02:08 AM
I wasn't happy about that at the time. I couldn't understand why we just didn't line up and go outside every time they weren't stopping it. But since we ended up winning 80-26 I really didn't care too much.

But aren't you supposed to call plays in the first qtr at least that you can score off of quickly?

I think he was trying to keep from wearing out his defense by putting back on the field too fast. He knew that later in the game it would be even easier to score due to their defense wearing down.

SingleWingGuru
09-07-2010, 07:45 AM

Texas High School Football is on a different planet, but not in a different galaxy.

There are tons of schools in Ohio, Indiana, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, all over, that can give Trinity a better game than that.

When you play a school with only 192 people, that runs a gimmick offense, doesn't believe in defense, and tries to give each team (intentionally) as many possessions as possible; stuff like this happens. It is really easy to extrapolate difference in state, when in reality we should extrapolate that playing solid fundamental football and defense is still king.