PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Brown vs Round Rock?

titus211
09-03-2010, 08:41 AM
He's headed for 2000 yards again, this time in 5A. 16-5A middle of the pack, Round Rock Dragons, lost last week at home to 4A Hewitt Midway 17-0. Steele has to many athletes for the Dragons and they have size, so this might get ugly. I say he gets his 200 or so yards at least 3 TDs and they win 42-13 or 56-21 or 35-17. Jinks won't have the stress of national TV on him this week.

slcdragonfan
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
MB won't win unless he brings the rest of the team along. :rolleyes::)

clemensbuff
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
MB won't win unless he brings the rest of the team along. :rolleyes::)
I agree with you to a point. I felt the defense did a pretty good job last week considering the field position that Madison held most of the night! They held Madison to around 270 total yards, that is not bad IMO! Let's see how many other defenses do that this year. Steele's problem was on the O-line and special teams!!!! If they can teach the O-Line to just hold their blocks and keep the KO coverage team in their lanes, they will be just fine! The QB did a good job after getting over the early game jitters and I believe he'll steadily improve this year. Their season will solely depend on the young offensive line getting better, much better if they want to make a run!

E-Vol-ution
09-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Yep.....pretty much.:D

bowiedawgs01
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Round Rock gets Brown this week to soften them up, and then Brelyn Sorrells next week.

No rest for the weary.

slcdragonfan
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree with you to a point. I felt the defense did a pretty good job last week considering the field position that Madison held most of the night! They held Madison to around 270 total yards, that is not bad IMO! Let's see how many other defenses do that this year. Steele's problem was on the O-line and special teams!!!! If they can teach the O-Line to just hold their blocks and keep the KO coverage team in their lanes, they will be just fine! The QB did a good job after getting over the early game jitters and I believe he'll steadily improve this year. Their season will solely depend on the young offensive line getting better, much better if they want to make a run!

To be perfectly honest, I was actually referring to the thread title itself. :o I felt the Steele team showed some grit. They were on the verge of getting blown out and held in there. The O-Line will have to open a few more holes however.

clemensbuff
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Round Rock gets Brown this week to soften them up, and then Brelyn Sorrells next week.

No rest for the weary.

:eek: Wow, couple of challenging weeks for them!

clemensbuff
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
To be perfectly honest, I was actually referring to the thread title itself. :o I felt the Steele team showed some grit. They were on the verge of getting blown out and held in there. The O-Line will have to open a few more holes however.

:cool:

Bottomline
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=clemensbuff;1587115]I agree with you to a point. I felt the defense did a pretty good job last week considering the field position that Madison held most of the night! They held Madison to around 270 total yards, that is not bad IMO! QUOTE]

Wasn't bad but wasn't good either. Last week Madisons O line started 5 players with no varsity experience and even had to go with a back up as well. Going against 2 D-1 DL on Steele's side of the ball plus a Safety and a LB that are also looking to go the D-1 route, it was looking more and more like Steele was going to DOMINATE Madison's O line. At least on paper, it was looking like a huge mismatch. Steele is going to Dominate in district play and MB will have a record setting year with only Wagner looking like it will be their only tough game. Good Luck Guy's :notworthy

titus211
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=clemensbuff;1587115]I agree with you to a point. I felt the defense did a pretty good job last week considering the field position that Madison held most of the night! They held Madison to around 270 total yards, that is not bad IMO! QUOTE]

Wasn't bad but wasn't good either. Last week Madisons O line started 5 players with no varsity experience and even had to go with a back up as well. Going against 2 D-1 DL on Steele's side of the ball plus a Safety and a LB that are also looking to go the D-1 route, it was looking more and more like Steele was going to DOMINATE Madison's O line. At least on paper, it was looking like a huge mismatch. Steele is going to Dominate in district play and MB will have a record setting year with only Wagner looking like it will be their only tough game. Good Luck Guy's :notworthy

Madison returned only one starter on defense, #4 Lara, the CB. Steele has a very good OL, otherwise how did Brown get an 88 yard run and 178 rushing yards and the QB also had a 61 yard dash on an option keeper? The OL is very good, they just were playing a SA 5A power. If they get into a track meet with Austin High, he might go for over 300 on their defense.

longhorn3
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Steele shouldnt lose another game until playoffs..they have a farily easy schedule for them this year..if their coach does not get better then they could slip in there some where...If you don't think other schools that steele plays this year are not looking at the tapes from last week then somethings wrong...MB is going to face 8 and 9 man fronts all season until Steele can show they can throw the ball..MB is going to get his yards no doubt...AG will have just as many in my opinion barring injury to either athlete..and i do believe that madison has the tougher schedule..

titus211
09-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Steele shouldnt lose another game until playoffs..they have a farily easy schedule for them this year..if their coach does not get better then they could slip in there some where...If you don't think other schools that steele plays this year are not looking at the tapes from last week then somethings wrong...MB is going to face 8 and 9 man fronts all season until Steele can show they can throw the ball..MB is going to get his yards no doubt...AG will have just as many in my opinion barring injury to either athlete..and i do believe that madison has the tougher schedule..

All good RBs face 8-9 man fronts and their equivalents in the spread offense age. DCs that are determine to stop the run are always going to try and out number the offense at the point of attack/LOS. NB look to be their last tough test and that likely will be for the district title. The Converse schools are not what Judson used to be, which is a disappointment since they both have good talent. Who in D2 Region 4 will beat them, MacArthur, NB, Reagan or Roosevelt? Region 4 is easy to call, it will be one of these five vs Katy, most likely.

clemensbuff
09-03-2010, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bottomline;1587329]

Madison returned only one starter on defense, #4 Lara, the CB. Steele has a very good OL, otherwise how did Brown get an 88 yard run and 178 rushing yards and the QB also had a 61 yard dash on an option keeper? The OL is very good, they just were playing a SA 5A power. If they get into a track meet with Austin High, he might go for over 300 on their defense.

OMG! There is no way in hell you can be serious if you watched that game! Steele's O-line is nowhere near good!!! MB got 178 and an 88 yd run because he's a beast!

Steele's O-line is good........are you kidding or just that dense?! Did you notice how many times he was hit by multiple Mavs players at the line and behind it in this game?

Once again you prove that you are indeed the UT!

What an ignorant comment!

clemensbuff
09-03-2010, 01:46 PM

OK, I agree with some of what you say but how is Tivy, Judson, Wagner, and NB easy? Also, what is wrong with 7 of 14 for 95 yards and a TD throwing the ball against the Mavs?

titus211
09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Steele gives the ball to Bown most of the time, while Madison mixes it up more. Notice how Madison ran counters and designed cutback plays, while Steele is more base running plays? To stop the run you need penetration and you want to force teams into 3rd and longs. The only teams you are going to dominate like they did in 4A might be Seguin or Austin, even Round Rock might put up more of a fight. 5A teams in general will have more talent, just by numbers. What type of rushing stats would Brown have in the old 16-5A if he had to face Cedar Park, Leander, Pflugerville and STP and even the good Round Rocks teams in a district schedule, or even the old 26-5A, where they had Smithson Valley, Judson, Madison, Roosevelt and even New Braunfels at times? He isn't facing Alamo Heights and Tivy anymore or the bottom dwellers in that old district. Stony Point faced Alamo Heights twice and neither game was pretty for the Mules, as a matter of fact I do think that no sTP in two years lost to Heights? Heights on the other hand has given the Northside schools like Clark and O'Connor headaches in non-district games, while Steele has squeaked by or barely lost to them. These close games can be checked off as district team being used to playing one another or STP was just WAY better. The same can be said of CP losing to LT, yet beating STP in district and then losing in round one. 5A burb teams are just far more talented and have more depth than the 4A teams in the SA area! They might not be as well coached as Tivy or Heights, but as far as talent and depth, they are not even close.

longhorn3
09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
OK, I agree with some of what you say but how is Tivy, Judson, Wagner, and NB easy? Also, what is wrong with 7 of 14 for 95 yards and a TD throwing the ball against the Mavs?

if you like those stats then thats fine..however 7-14 for me is a little on the low percentage side...also one of his throws for 15 yards was actually picked off and the refs gave credit to the steele wr...Armstrong will have to improve his throwing and i do believe he will...he has tremendous upside to him no doubt about it...

beaye1
09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Spoke with a RR parent last night and he said MB should have a field day against them tonight. Let's see what happens...

titus211
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
if you like those stats then thats fine..however 7-14 for me is a little on the low percentage side...also one of his throws for 15 yards was actually picked off and the refs gave credit to the steele wr...Armstrong will have to improve his throwing and i do believe he will...he has tremendous upside to him no doubt about it...

Steele is not a spread team, so they boot and do playactions and sprints and throw the ball deep more than spread teams that run all those screens. 50% is pretty good for Steele and that was a non-called INT. They are not going to throw the ball 20-30 times, it will be more like 10-15 at most.