PDA

View Full Version : TulsaHale74 passed away

dragonpants
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Just got word that Tulsa Hale passed away today at 1215. I am done posting for the day as all of this pales in comparison to the loss of a great man and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and not eligibility rules.

Rich is in a good place.

SWMHebron
08-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Just got word that Tulsa Hale passed away today at 1215. I am done posting for the day as all of this pales in comparison to the loss of a great man and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and not eligibility rules.

Rich is in a good place.

:(

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-25-2010, 12:52 PM

Rich is in a good place.

:(R.I.P. Tulsa Hale.

5ASports
08-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Rich is in a good place.
Condolences. Didn’t know him but you’re right he’s in a better place.:(

JagFan

Rich is in a good place.

Amen- Everyone just go hug your loved ones. That is what counts.

powerofthehaka
Sorry to hear that, lost an old friend this weekend.

drgnbkr
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
God Bless Hale and his family!

CCCSportsFan
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Amen, TulsaHale was a good man :notworthy

Blue63
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Amen, TulsaHale was a good man :notworthy

Don't know about the man. Who was he?

KT2000
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM

You'll get a great idea by reading this:

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=63605

CCCSportsFan
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM

A frequent and very classy Carroll Dragon poster :yes:

farmerfan
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
A frequent and very classy Carroll Dragon poster :yes:

and a dang proud Oklahoma State CowPoke :)

He always saw things they way I did when people said that Jenks and Union should come down to Texas and play and that was by saying sure as long as we send out schools back up there :)

What a great poster and even better father, husband and man. His postings are going to be missed more than words can say on this board :(

dada
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
just got word that tulsa hale passed away today at 1215. I am done posting for the day as all of this pales in comparison to the loss of a great man and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and not eligibility rules.

Rich is in a good place.

nooooooooooo:(

Blue63
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Condolences to his family. I recently lost my older sister to melanoma. I understand their pain.

The Observer
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Prayers going out for his family. Such a sad story. Hug your family today.

E-Vol-ution
08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Prayers and thoughts for the friends and family.
I never knew TH personally, but had much respect for him.

dragonpants
08-25-2010, 01:21 PM
nooooooooooo:(

It is kind of weird because he was a new friend. Had posted and traded barbs back and forth for a few years and then heard about his plight.
Panther, slcdragonfan and I went to visit him at Baylor for a "quick" visit and I think we were there over an hour and laughed a lot. I am so fortunate to have met him. It would never have been possible without this message boards so I want to thank the KT's for that.

TrinityTrojan80
08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
He will be missed, my prayers go out to his family!

OakTreeUp-n-Out
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Wow.... I don't venture into The Yard often, had no idea this was going on. Very sad & another reminder that life is very fragile. Puts a lot of things into perspective, including message board bickering. RIP Hale, you will be missed.

cyfallsbooster2
08-25-2010, 01:29 PM

Everyone should take the oppurtunity to read the link. I had been keeping up with the thread until the past 2 weeks. It has been both encouraging and heartbreaking at times. Today was the first time I had a chance to catch up on the thread and the first thing I read is that TH had passed.

Keeping his family in my prayers.

Favpack
08-25-2010, 01:31 PM
"In this world you will face trials".

Tough times ahead for the TulsaHale family, but God is ever compassionate, and his mercy will be on the family in a strong way.

Perspective friends for the 2010-2011 school year and season. Perspective.

another_screen_name
08-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Condolences to the friends and especially the family.

jc84chill
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM

Rich is in a good place.

Puts things into perspective real quick. He's been a part of the 5A family for quite a while...we'll miss you TH :notworthy

Maroondog
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Prayers to the family. He will be missed.

smw358
08-25-2010, 01:46 PM

Amen!

TrueBlue
08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Condolences and prayers for the family --

Prep Ticket
08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Very sorry to hear this. I had the good fortune of finally meeting him earlier this summer...at the Colleyville 7-on-7 SQT. I knew he had some health problems but didn't know that time was short. He couldn't have been nicer and I know we've lost a great man here, prayers to the family.

DragonWatcher
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
He was a great man. Right before I was about to turn 18 my scout troop disbanded right as I finished my eagle project. TulsaHale, a member of my church, invited me to join his scout troop, worked with me personally to complete the last two requirements I needed including a scoutmaster review. He helped me file all the necessary paperwork and after I was awarded my eagle scout rank he helped me set up a court of honor at our church to recognize it. I'm also friends with one of his sons, all his kids are testaments to how a great of man he was.

Gomer93'KHS
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Tulsa Hale's family. I read his post regarding his plight, but never knew him. R.I.P.

ktCarl
08-25-2010, 03:51 PM
This is sad news and a double whammy for my day. A friend/coworker's wife passed away suddenly this morning. I wish the best for TH's family and feel certain his Dragon faithful peeps will help console them. God bless everyone on this board.

The King
08-25-2010, 03:52 PM
RIP

My prayers are with the family

Big Daddy Cool
08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm sure I may have crossed paths with him at some point here on the board, but then there are so many members of this family some you remember and some you don't. Just reading the first post of his in the one thread tells me he must have been quite an individual and its sounds like he was a God fearing man as well. I think so many time we take for granted this life that we have been blessed with and think that it is going to last forever. But unfortunately that is not the case as not one of us knows exactly how long we have or when our time will run out. That's why you have got to make the most of the time that you. My thoughs and prayers go out to his family and all of those that have been touched by him.

slcdragonfan
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
This is sad news and a double whammy for my day. A friend/coworker's wife passed away suddenly this morning. I wish the best for TH's family and feel certain his Dragon faithful peeps will help console them. God bless everyone on this board.

He is an honorary Dragon, but he hails from Colleyville. His Dragon and Panther (and Grapevine Mustang) friends all wish his family the best.

steeler 01
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
god bless hale and his family!

+1

farmerfan
08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
He is an honorary Dragon, but he hails from Colleyville. His Dragon and Panther (and Grapevine Mustang) friends all wish his family the best.

Indeed, you can add his Farmer, Jaguar, Hebron and many other friends as well. I know he was proud of his former HS Tulsa Hale and had mentioned how the times had changed since he attended school there. Talking about the enrollment trends in Tulsa then vs now and how now it has all shifted towards the suburbs and his former school was smaller now than it was then. He loved his Oklahoma State Cowboys and his native city of Tulsa as well as his Tarrant County neighbors.

LoneRocket
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
R.i.p.

F18mustang
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
RIP TulsaHale, may you watch football games from the best seat in the house.

marcusdrillmom
08-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Prayers to his family. He was a very classy poster!

t00 playa
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
After reading the link he gave regarding his story......

no words can describe....... prayers go out to his family....

no eek smilie

FatBoy of Troy
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Holy Father, Please place your loving, comforting arms around this family. Grant them solace during this very trying time.

Amen
:(:(:(:(

FeeltheHaka
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM
My prayers are with him and his family. He'll get to watch all the games this season! He'll be missed here.

cougmantx
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
The sadness I feel at the passing of Tulsa Hale is a testament to his character that showed through in the last couple of weeks. Rest easy guy and god be with you and yours.

AbEagleFan
08-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Wow, what courage.

God have mercy on his soul, forgive him for his sins and grant him salvation.

mojotrain
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Love and Prayers.

mojotrain
08-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Would it be possible to consider some type of recognition on this site for at least a while. If his family wouldn't mind. His avitar or something.

JagFan
08-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Would it be possible to consider some type of recognition on this site for at least a while. If his family wouldn't mind. His avitar or something.

Go look in the yard. They stickied the yea I walk through the valley of death thread and are going to put it in the classics. They also started the empty locker forum for 5A members that have passed away. A memorial thread.

SLC93
08-26-2010, 08:00 AM
To the the friends and family of TulsaHale I only want to say that the prayers of my family are with you. I never had the good fortune of meeting this man. What I now know, without question, is that I would have been a better person for knowing him. Reading through some of the entries of his progress and testaments to his life the deep rooted sincerity struck. The love with which those words dripped brought me to tears. I can only hope when my time comes I will have made a similar impact, that my days will have carried so much meaning. Rest in peace, Tulsa. In the Father's hands you will be forever healthy, forever happy.

chhspantherfan
08-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Three of my friends have passed in the last 7 days.

Jerry Carter - Hunt Construction (longtime fishing buddy)

Mark Gilliam - ZuRoma restaurant and Campisi family (could light the world with his smile)

TulsaHale74 - incredible man of faith and character

I am numb and can't even begin to understand how to cope. I have been on my knees asking for understanding and enlightenment. Maybe that will come today. All of the threads that I had loved to read and post in seem very trivial now.

God, please grant comfort and peace to all three families.

pied
08-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Mark Gilliam - ZuRoma restaurant and Campisi family (could light the world with his smile)

I am numb and can't even begin to understand how to cope. I have been on my knees asking for understanding and enlightenment. Maybe that will come today. All of the threads that I had loved to read and post in seem very trivial now.

Thoughts and prayers to you as well.

Prayers to all the friends and those affected by the losses you mention.

JagFan
08-26-2010, 08:54 AM

To you too. We don't always understand why things happen as they do. I will pray for these three families and for you as well Panther. Keep praying the peace will come.

SV61
08-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Yesterday, I wasn't sure what to say. I just felt like I needed to say something.

Today isn't a whole lot different.

Other than the fact, that I want to pray for this man's family, and let them know that we are thinking of them.

Another thing that really stuck out to me, when I first started reading about TH's battle. The fact that he stated that he would not be able to see any Football games this fall.

Here is knowing that now he has the best seat in the house, behind the shortest fan, with a armful of munchies and a cold drink, and can watch all the Football games he wants to!!!!!

I never met TH, face to face. But reading him here, and reading from those that DID know him face to face, I want to say:

Rest well, TH. You earned it.

Job well done.

CyFallsMom
08-26-2010, 12:55 PM
So sorry to hear...RIP Tulsa.:(

Makes football seem small doesn't it.

Austin109
08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I was following Tulsa's blog every day for a while and I went on a 3 day vacation and came back to this. Tulsa really was an outstanding individual and it truly is a sad day.

F18mustang
08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Obituary:

Richard Reese Wenneker, age 54, of Grapevine peacefully departed this world on August 25, 2010 at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Rich and his family have lived in Grapevine since 1989. He worked as a Mainframe Software Systems Engineer being employed by BNSF and then IBM for most of those years. He enjoyed the outdoors (especially the mountains northeast of Santa Fe, NM), computer and communications technology, and Texas high school football. He was active as an adult Scouter with Troop 28 in Colleyville and in the work of First United Methodist Church in Grapevine where he was a member.

Rich was born to Keith and Shirley Wenneker on August 2, 1956 in Tulsa, Ok. He was raised in Tulsa and graduated from Tulsa Hale High School in 1974. While a youth he was active in Boy Scouts, receiving the Eagle rank and the OA Vigil honor. He attended and was employed by Oklahoma State University from 1974 to 1984. He married Sonja Leanne Kerby in Tulsa on July 14th, 1984. They started their family together in the Tulsa area and moved to Grapevine in 1989. Rich was a devoted family man, actively raising three sons with his wife Sonja.

Rich is survived by his loving wife Sonja and their sons Adam, 24, of Dallas; Corey, 22, of Stillwater, Ok; and Jacob, 18, of Grapevine; as well as his mother Shirley Wenneker of Tulsa, his brother Phil Wenneker of Centerville, Tn, and his sister Lori Thompson of Broken Arrow, Ok. Rich was preceded in death by his father Keith Wenneker

farmerfan
08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Obituary:

Richard Reese Wenneker, age 54, of Grapevine peacefully departed this world on August 25, 2010 at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Rich and his family have lived in Grapevine since 1989. He worked as a Mainframe Software Systems Engineer being employed by BNSF and then IBM for most of those years. He enjoyed the outdoors (especially the mountains northeast of Santa Fe, NM), computer and communications technology, and Texas high school football. He was active as an adult Scouter with Troop 28 in Colleyville and in the work of First United Methodist Church in Grapevine where he was a member.

Rich was born to Keith and Shirley Wenneker on August 2, 1956 in Tulsa, Ok. He was raised in Tulsa and graduated from Tulsa Hale High School in 1974. While a youth he was active in Boy Scouts, receiving the Eagle rank and the OA Vigil honor. He attended and was employed by Oklahoma State University from 1974 to 1984. He married Sonja Leanne Kerby in Tulsa on July 14th, 1984. They started their family together in the Tulsa area and moved to Grapevine in 1989. Rich was a devoted family man, actively raising three sons with his wife Sonja.

Rich is survived by his loving wife Sonja and their sons Adam, 24, of Dallas; Corey, 22, of Stillwater, Ok; and Jacob, 18, of Grapevine; as well as his mother Shirley Wenneker of Tulsa, his brother Phil Wenneker of Centerville, Tn, and his sister Lori Thompson of Broken Arrow, Ok. Rich was preceded in death by his father Keith Wenneker

Thanks for posting that f18. What a life he lived and what a family he and Sonja raised. May God continue to bless these fine people as well as his mother as no parent wants to ever out live their child

CCCSportsFan
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM

Panther, hang tough my friend... May God comfort and bless you and your departed friends during this difficult time...

Tyler Lee Fan
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
My condolences to the Wenneker family and my families prayers are with you during this time of loss. TulsaHale74 will be greatly missed he has touched many people's lives on this forum in a positive way, including mine, and we can rejoice that he was a man of great faith.

RocklandDragon
08-26-2010, 10:49 PM
R.i.p.

:(

MALAMEDICINA
08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the forum memories. And much love to his family.

Favpack
08-27-2010, 06:58 PM

I agree with the sentiment. I guess let's just be grateful we have been able to expand our worlds and meet great people like TulsaHale through this community.

85Roughneck
08-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Lord, lift Rich's soul up and place him in your kingdom.

Rest the burdens and saddened hearts of his family and friends.

In Jesus' name I pray.

DEL VALLE
08-28-2010, 10:46 AM
RIP TulsaHale74, and condolence to this family.

Covedawg
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
prayers to the family.....RIP TulsaHale74

chhspantherfan
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I posted this in the Yard sticky, thought I would put it over here also.

I just got in from the service and cemetery, and want to convey the family's appreciation for the support from the members of this board. I felt like part of their family as we talked about his impact on all of us.

Let me start by saying that this is for all that wanted to be at the service today. There was an incredible video that detailed his love of family and the outdoors. Not knowing Rich except through the board, this was an incredible journey through his life. The countless photos of him in the woods and mountains with his boys around the country was breathtaking. The pictures of him in 70s style shorts and tube socks were hilarious. The music that accompanied the slides reflect the nature of Rich's faith and passions.
I'm gonna' live forever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51Znqx9mg8&feature=related) and Mountain Life (can't find a link), both were very moving. Phil, Rich's brother and 5ATF poster TulsaHale73, spoke very eloquently about their childhood and used product, event, and activity analogies to put everyone in the period. It was very easy to relate to all of the 60s and 70s references and really tugged at the heartstrings. Adam, Rich's oldest son, spoke of the man he knew in his father, advisor and friend. Rich is smiling down knowing that he did right by his children. Faith, Family, Friends. Adam referenced the message board and this Panther had to fight back a few tears, knowing that the sense of community developed here is indeed an incredible bond. Pastor Mang, of Grapevine UMC, wrapped the service with a reading of "The Dash" as follows:

I read of a reverend who stood to speak
at the funeral of his friend.
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
from the beginning...to the end.
He noted that first came the date of her birth
and spoke of the following date with tears,
but he said what mattered most of all
was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
that she spent alive on earth…
and now only those who loved her
know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own;
the cars…the house…the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard…
are there things you’d like to change?
For you never know how much time is left.

If we could just slow down enough
to consider what’s true and real,
and always try to understand
the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger,
and show appreciation more
and love the people in our lives
like we’ve never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect,
and more often wear a smile…
remembering that this special dash
might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy’s being read
with your life’s actions to rehash...
would you be proud of the things they say
about how you spent your dash?

While driving in the procession, a couple of things were overwhelming. First, there still are lots pf people that respect that one is being laid to rest and pull over. Second, the route took us past Dragon Stadium and Mustang/Panther Stadium in a fitting tribute to the HS football fan that Rich was/is. At Bluebonnet Hills, a relative picked the guitar in such a manner that you could feel the calming. A few words and a prayer, and time marches on. I was able to speak to the family and expressed our sympathies from the board. And left knowing that I am a better person for having been touched by Rich Wenneker. While not the mountains that he so loved, Rich's body rests on the highest point at Bluebonnet Hills.

God bless the family and rest well Rich.

slcdragonfan
08-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I posted this in the Yard sticky, thought I would put it over here also.

Thanks for that Pantherfan. I will visit him there when things are quiet, tell him about the game and ask how things are up there.

rdroark
08-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow, all of you from around the state have said things that are so genuine and eloquent. Thanks and may The Lord bless and keep Rich's family. I just ran across this thread today.
My father-in-law died on 8/3 here in Katy. One of his primary MD's was Dr. Mark Bing, longtime Katy ISD physician. Dad lived with us the last 3 yrs of his life after moving from N.M. Was a World War II vet. Had similar health issues and challenges that Rich had. so I and my wife can certainly feel what his family has just experienced. The last 3 months were agonizing, to say the least.
But amazingly he latched onto watching HS football with Katy ISD schools no matter who was playing these last 3 years. My son played on sub-varsity and JV at Cinco for those 3 years. Didn't matter. He always wanted to go see who was playing so we would get him over there.
He would proudly wear his Cinco cap in the handicap section even if it was the Katy or Taylor game there on the home side. But the fans, no matter their allegiances, were always so friendly and courteous and helpful to my wife as she tried to navigate him in and out of Rhodes. There is so much good to be seen in our society if we just look for it.
Saw Dr. Bing after the Morton Ranch game yesterday and spoke with him briefly. There was a tear in his eye. That I will never forget.
Best wishes to all your kids this season from around the state!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-31-2010, 01:18 AM
May TulsaHale rest in peace! As sad as it is, I say that we celebrate his life. I definitely feel that the Lord doesn't make any mistakes and, when he calls us home, we must go. Not to mention, TulsaHale is in a much better place now. There is no more pain for him to endure. I believe that we're all living on borrowed time so, if there's any problems that anyone on this board has with anyone, can you please let it go? Life is definitely too short and, just waking up being able to see a new day is a blessing in itself. Anything else can be worked out so, I just hope that we all enjoy the time that we have on this earth.

R.I.P. TulsaHale!

PS: Tulsa, my cousin Jennifer Taylor went home to be with the Lord on January 22nd of this year. Please tell her that I said hi! Thanks!:)

slcdragonfan
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
TulsaHale74, your Cowboys are leading the Big 12 South right now, I know you would be pleased. Here's to you....

chhspantherfan
11-23-2010, 08:58 AM
TulsaHale74, you would know exactly what to post to help me get over another loss to SLC. Your Panthers were great this season, but you already know that. Every time that I pass Bluebonnet Hills, I look over and smile. Your OSU Cowboys have bedlam week and a win puts them in the Title game, but you already know that, too! :)

I know your family misses you greatly. We miss you greatly, and I will always cherish the few hours that dragonpants, slcdragonfan, and I spent in your hospital room talking football and every other topic that exists. Rest well Friend.

In the upcoming Holiday season, as always, I pray that your family can spend time on the great memories and not the pain.

pied
12-23-2010, 10:10 AM
TulsaHale74, you would know exactly what to post to help me get over another loss to SLC. Your Panthers were great this season, but you already know that. Every time that I pass Bluebonnet Hills, I look over and smile. Your OSU Cowboys have bedlam week and a win puts them in the Title game, but you already know that, too! :)

I know your family misses you greatly. We miss you greatly, and I will always cherish the few hours that dragonpants, slcdragonfan, and I spent in your hospital room talking football and every other topic that exists. Rest well Friend.

In the upcoming Holiday season, as always, I pray that your family can spend time on the great memories and not the pain.

Just want to echo this statement. Thoughts and prayers for those who have family/friends not doing well in this season as well as those dealing with loss.

slcdragonfan
03-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Thinking of you and your family today TH74.

DragonFan0316
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Prayers to all. We miss you and your insight.

slcdragonfan
10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I thought of tulsahale74 when Texas played OSU last weekend, would have been great to talk with him about the game, give him a little ribbing. I hope and wish his family is doing well.

dragonpants
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey Tulsa, was talking about the University of Tulsa today and thought of you.
Drove passed Bluebonnet Hills last week as well.

Just wanted to say hello, spring practice starts soon.

slcdragonfan
07-28-2013, 12:56 AM
3 years ago this month we met you personally Tulsahale. You made a lasting impression and I am a better person for having met you (at least I try to be). I hope your family knows that you live on in our hearts here on 5A.

chhspantherfan
07-28-2013, 06:52 AM
3 years ago this month we met you personally Tulsahale. You made a lasting impression and I am a better person for having met you (at least I try to be). I hope your family knows that you live on in our hearts here on 5A.

It will be 3 years this coming Thursday. I found the date in his sticky thread (http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?63605-Yea-though-I-walk-through-the-valley-of-the-shadow-of-death&p=1562045&viewfull=1#post1562045).