PDA

View Full Version : Clear Springs Chargers Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

1moreX
08-21-2010, 12:56 PM
:yes:Good luck Chargers, we look forward to another great season. The fans will be there to support you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI)

another_screen_name
08-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Glad to see someone started a thread. After the scrimmage last night, I am sure there will be a lot of hits...no pun intended. As for the actual scrimmage, I thought it was a little sloppy. I know these boys are better than that, in their playing ability and their sportsmanship.

1moreX
08-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I could not make the game but I know that the varsity had a little FOCUS training on Saturday. I'm sure their cardio developement was enhanced before the practice was over. I think this week will be all about fine tuning so they will be ready for Dawson. I think this is going to be a great season.

another_screen_name
08-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree, I know they put much hard work in with strength and conditioning and then 2 a days. It will be a great season. I know that Dawson had a great team last year so this will be a great test on Thursday. I hope they can gel again this year.

ClearSpringsFan
08-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I am definately looking forward to the Dawson game on Tursday to see if the 2010 Chargers can bring the same level of energy to the field that last years team produced. I missed Friday's scrimmage, but in talking to several people who were there, I didn't miss much. I think the scrimmage was a wakeup call about the level of focus and intensity that they will need to bring against teams determined to carve out a notch by taking them down.

I have been getting a kick out of seeing certain Katy and Dickinson fans try to paint CS fans to be a bunch of redneck barbarians. I agree that some of the comments on the video tape that surfaced on another thread were in poor taste, but by no means do they reflect the opinions of the average fan. CCISD games are a very family oriented, and I think that CS brings the family friendliness to another level by involving elementary and intermediate school kids in the pre-game events.
Here's to another great season! :heli:

another_screen_name
08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Less than 24hrs till kick off of the 2010 season. :yes: I don't know how I am going to make it through work tomorrow.

ClearSpringsFan
08-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Woo Hoo!!! It's almost time for Thursday night lights! Go Chargers!
:heli:

1moreX
08-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Clear Springs 40 - Pearland Dawson 23. Good game. The defense looked solid. The offense, primarily the O-line will need some work. Special teams was outstanding with two TD returns but one was called back on a holding. We were our own worst enemy with excessive penalties and turnovers. Over all the Chargers looked strong but need some polishing as most teams do this time of year. I think Coach was happy with the win but not so happy with the play.

mossad
08-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Yalls defense is nice Trevon Randle is a Beast, the offensive play calling is very very good and yalls qb stands strong in the pocket despite the blocking colapsing and delivering some nice passes, overall yall have a very good squad, good luck from the Dickinson Gators!
p.s yalls DT is also very good

ClearSpringsFan
08-27-2010, 11:20 AM
My biggest concerns after yesterday were errors by the OL and lack of an established running game. Springs is going to need to run the ball more effectively to keep opposing defenses off balance. Too many holding penalties broke up the momentum and killed a couple of big yard plays. I expect that a much cleaner team will take to the field in Bryan next week.

1moreX
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Anyone going to make the game in Bryan? I am leaving town at 3PM to fight the traffic.

another_screen_name
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I am going for the trifecta this week, Texans Thursday, Chargers Friday, Aggies on Saturday, If I can get over this cold.

1moreX
09-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Just enough effort to win. That was a terrible game. 11 guys doing their own thing, didn't see the TEAM until the last 1:40 of the 4th. Hope they get it together before next weekend or it is going to be a long night.

another_screen_name
09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Just enough effort to win. That was a terrible game. 11 guys doing their own thing, didn't see the TEAM until the last 1:40 of the 4th. Hope they get it together before next weekend or it is going to be a long night.

One thing I did notice that I think made it look real sloppy was the fact that the O-line was doing/trying quite a bit of run blocking. I think that they were trying to expand their running game. Too many missed blocks. Just looked a little confusing out there. That last 1:40 they went back to what they are used to doing and marched it down and got the TD. I am glad that endzone wasn't only 9 yards deep.

1moreX
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
One thing I did notice that I think made it look real sloppy was the fact that the O-line was doing/trying quite a bit of run blocking. I think that they were trying to expand their running game. Too many missed blocks. Just looked a little confusing out there. That last 1:40 they went back to what they are used to doing and marched it down and got the TD. I am glad that endzone wasn't only 9 yards deep.

Happy for the W. Your right, they went back to three and four receivers and then they were moving the ball. I was trying to find out about the Cy Ridge team that Cinco played and I didn't find much. I was curious if they were any good since Cinco only won by 12.

another_screen_name
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Happy for the W. Your right, they went back to three and four receivers and then they were moving the ball. I was trying to find out about the Cy Ridge team that Cinco played and I didn't find much. I was curious if they were any good since Cinco only won by 12.

It doesn't matter to me if they won by 12 or 120, we need to play with everything we have. (as it should be for every game) It is better to be too ready than not enough.

Truth
09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Good luck Spring from your neighbors Dickinson. Don't just beat them but crush them:yes:. Every play counts and take care of the ball. We look forward to the backyard brawl in district:yes:. Represent the district and kick some tail

ClearSpringsFan
09-10-2010, 09:14 AM
***** Review taken from 09/10/2010 Galveston Daily News *****

Clear Springs At Cinco Ranch

• KICKOFF: 6 p.m. at Rhodes Stadium

• TWITTER: @joshuabuckley and @evanmohl

• TALE OF THE TAPE: All offseason, Springs has heard how good it is and how far it can go in the playoffs. Now is the time for the Chargers to prove they are worthy of those predictions. Cinco Ranch is ranked sixth in Class 5A and has the respect of experts across the state. Some still are skeptical that Springs should be in the same category as Cinco Ranch. A victory will change that.

• STAT LINE: Surprisingly, Springs is ranked last in District 24-5A in defense thus far. The Chargers have allowed 309.5 yards a contest.

• BUCKLEY’S PREDICTION: Cinco Ranch is a great team for sure, but they’ve also had a bit of a hard time stopping Klein Forest’s athleticism in its season opener. Had KF quarterback Matt Davis not gotten hurt, it could have been a different result. That’s why I’m picking Springs. Howard Matthews is proving to be one of the area’s most dangerous players, and the Chargers have enough athletes to pull this close contest out. Springs 28, Cinco Ranch 17

• MOHL’S PREDICTION: This is really a tossup between two great football teams. But two things tilt this toward Cinco Ranch: home-field advantage and a running game that can control the clock and wear down defenses. Springs also has been inconsistent against two power run teams in Dawson and Bryan. Yet, I am going to go out on a limb here because the Chargers have been preparing for this game for a long time. Springs 24, Cinco Ranch 21

another_screen_name
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Tough loss last night. Need to get to ready for district play now! One question I have as a Football Fan, Why didn't the scoreboard show any of the replays from some of the great plays by Clear Springs or any of the questionable calls. Plenty of replays of Cinco plays. I know that you can't challenge a call, but I still question one of the fumbles in the red zone. I still think it was a forward pass. I also thought I saw a holding penalty on Springs, on the 91 yd TD run. Oh well, two weeks till Pearland. Lot of work to do. Go Chargers!!!:heli:

sooner fan
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Tough loss last night. Need to get to ready for district play now! One question I have as a Football Fan, Why didn't the scoreboard show any of the replays from some of the great plays by Clear Springs or any of the questionable calls. Plenty of replays of Cinco plays. I know that you can't challenge a call, but I still question one of the fumbles in the red zone. I still think it was a forward pass. I also thought I saw a holding penalty on Springs, on the 91 yd TD run. Oh well, two weeks till Pearland. Lot of work to do. Go Chargers!!!:heli:

It is my understanding that students run the board (part of some class curriculum). Also, this is the first season with the board. In Cinco's first game, replays were shown too quickly, and by the time you would look up, it was over. What about the silly and LOUD animation as Cinco was kicking a PAT!

When I saw Katy Taylor play the other night, a couple of controversial plays were shown.

another_screen_name
09-13-2010, 07:29 AM
It is my understanding that students run the board (part of some class curriculum). Also, this is the first season with the board. In Cinco's first game, replays were shown too quickly, and by the time you would look up, it was over. What about the silly and LOUD animation as Cinco was kicking a PAT!

When I saw Katy Taylor play the other night, a couple of controversial plays were shown.

They will eventually get the kinks worked out. I quess it would be a little difficult to get the timing down in a high school game. Many more games to play. The animation before the PAT was a little loud and a little too long, but you know, if a student designed that clip, that kid has some talent. Just needs to make it shorter for high school games, it would be fine for a college game.

ClearSpringsFan
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
I would like to know how KISD financed the video scoreboard. How much money to the televised ads raise towards board payments? I also liked that the board was equally visible to both sides of the field. My only complaint about the Dickinson video board is that it is angled away from the visitor stands.

sooner fan
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I would like to know how KISD financed the video scoreboard. How much money to the televised ads raise towards board payments? I also liked that the board was equally visible to both sides of the field. My only complaint about the Dickinson video board is that it is angled away from the visitor stands.

I can't remember how it was paid for, but the investment has already been recuped by current and agreements for future ads.

Rambler
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Here is a video I made from the Cinco game. Showing some of 28's runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYh1Oc36UFw

katybacker2
09-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Really good video. Looks like Cinco lost in this game. I guess this was meant for Charger fans. For a relatively new school, you guys have a great fan base. Some of us Katy Tigers were sitting on your side and we were very impressed with how you backed your team. That is one of the ingredients that is needed to have a winning program, not just a "flash in the pan" team like we have seen so often over the years that Katy has continued to win. Take for instance Clear Lake, one and done in 2004. Don't let that happen to you.

Rambler
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Really good video. Looks like Cinco lost in this game. I guess this was meant for Charger fans. For a relatively new school, you guys have a great fan base. Some of us Katy Tigers were sitting on your side and we were very impressed with how you backed your team. That is one of the ingredients that is needed to have a winning program, not just a "flash in the pan" team like we have seen so often over the years that Katy has continued to win. Take for instance Clear Lake, one and done in 2004. Don't let that happen to you.

lol - yeah that's a homer video. My daughter goes to springs. I thought the fans were somewhat calm compared to a home game for sure. Usually the student section at the home field actualy watch the game and are into it.

another_screen_name
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Can this week go by any slower:mad:? I am ready for the district games get rolling.

ClearSpringsFan
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Pearland won the first quarter, 28-7. Clear Springs outscored Pearland 31-12 in the following three quarters. The Chargers lost the game, but the season isn't over yet!

GO CHARGERS! :heli:

ClearSpringsFan
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
It gets kinda lonely in here... :ninja:

another_screen_name
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Let's go Springs. Keep your heads screwed on straight. It's a whole new ball game. We need to play all 4 quarters this time.

another_screen_name
10-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Defense showed what they could do last night. Still need to wrap up and not let them slide out. Officinating IMO was horrible last night. Personal foul on hitting the quarterback as he releases the ball????? They run into our kicker and they get 5 yards only to be corrected right before they snap the ball. He must have been the ref from the Dallas/Texans game. He had the " oh excuse me a moment":rofl:

1moreX
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Got to see some great sportsmanship at Clear Lake High School tonight. The head coach came on to the field after one of our JV players and then refused to leave the field so he was ejected. He then came to the CSHS side of the stands and yelled that he would "clear the stands and make us all go home". One parent did tell him to "go home" since he was ejected and so he came after him yelling, pointing and ranting out of control. The coach returned to the field during the last 5 minutes of the game and sat drinking a drink behind the goal posts in the gator. He came out on the field at the end of the game and joined the team again.

UIL problems:

1st problem. He was ejected and the returned to the field.
2nd problem. He was coaching the team and told the deputy working the game that he was the administrator for the game. Can't do both coach!
3rd problem. He ejected a parent from the game on our side when he came over threatening the CSHS fans, which he shouldn't have done unless he was the game administrator. (Obviously he was not - since he was clearly coaching the team).

I will be interested in how this is worked out at the administration level.

another_screen_name
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Got to see some great sportsmanship at Clear Lake High School tonight. The head coach came on to the field after one of our JV players and then refused to leave the field so he was ejected. He then came to the CSHS side of the stands and yelled that he would "clear the stands and make us all go home". One parent did tell him to "go home" since he was ejected and so he came after him yelling, pointing and ranting out of control. The coach returned to the field during the last 5 minutes of the game and sat drinking a drink behind the goal posts in the gator. He came out on the field at the end of the game and joined the team again.

UIL problems:

1st problem. He was ejected and the returned to the field.
2nd problem. He was coaching the team and told the deputy working the game that he was the administrator for the game. Can't do both coach!
3rd problem. He ejected a parent from the game on our side when he came over threatening the CSHS fans, which he shouldn't have done unless he was the game administrator. (Obviously he was not - since he was clearly coaching the team).

I will be interested in how this is worked out at the administration level.

OK not following. Where was the coach from?

another_screen_name
10-14-2010, 10:42 PM
BTW more importantly, who won?

1moreX
10-14-2010, 11:03 PM
OK not following. Where was the coach from?

It was Clear Lake's Head Coach.

another_screen_name
10-15-2010, 07:32 AM
It was Clear Lake's Head Coach.

WOW. So what started the whole thing? Sounds like he went off the deep end on that one.

ClearSpringsFan
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
That man needs some cheesy nachos! It has got to be a little stressful being on the way to a potential 1-6 season. :eek: The Clear Lake boosters, looking at Brook, Creek, and Springs in the thick of the playoff hunt, are probably asking him, why not us?!?

Wes Mantooth
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
IT IS TIME!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPwwKhK8l4

1moreX
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
IT IS TIME!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPwwKhK8l4

Friday is going to look like that show Swamp People where their boat is about to sink because of all the gators that they caught. I think I will have a little fried gator before I go to the game. :yes::cool:

ClearSpringsFan
10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
It's Gator season!!! :heli:

http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people/videos/playlists/exclusive-videos#the-season-begins

1moreX
10-25-2010, 04:16 PM
To the Charger Herd. Here is a outlook for the playoffs if you are interested. We should go Div 1. We should be playing FB Highower first then the winner of Dobie and North Shore and then most likely Cinco Ranch. Pearland will skate and play Katy Seven Lakes rather than Katy since Katy will go Div 2. This all depends on Katy Seven Lakes winning one of their last two games. :yes: Everything is subject to change.

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/2010/10/playoff-projections-week-9/

ClearSpringsFan
10-26-2010, 10:24 AM
If all the cards fall in place, Clear Springs could face Cinco Ranch the same day that Clear Creek could face Katy in D2.
(League City, TX vs. Katy, TX)

It would be cool if the games could be held back to back in a neutral location because I know a lot of League City fans would want to see both games. I expect that the same would be true on the Katy side of the field.

Go League City!!! :heli:

1moreX
10-26-2010, 11:01 AM
If all the cards fall in place, Clear Springs could face Cinco Ranch the same day that Clear Creek could face Katy in D2.
(League City, TX vs. Katy, TX)

It would be cool if the games could be held back to back in a neutral location because I know a lot of League City fans would want to see both games. I expect that the same would be true on the Katy side of the field.

Go League City!!! :heli:

Rice's stadium would work.

1moreX
10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
It appears Clear Brook could make the playoffs instead of Dickinson. This would put us in Div 2 since Brook has a larger school population. :yes:

ClearSpringsFan
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
It appears Clear Brook could make the playoffs instead of Dickinson. This would put us in Div 2 since Brook has a larger school population. :yes:

That could set the stage for a rematch of the "Battle for 518", this time with the Region 3 title on the line. I wonder where the game would be held, because Veteran's Memorial is too small for a game of that magnitude.

1moreX
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
That could set the stage for a rematch of the "Battle for 518", this time with the Region 3 title on the line. I wonder where the game would be held, because Veteran's Memorial is too small for a game of that magnitude.

Everything depends on Katy Seven Lakes getting beat by Katy Taylor. If that happens then Katy will go Div1. Otherwise, Katy will be waiting for someone at the Reg 3 championship. Their defense is supposed to be better than last year. Also, a good gauge for how we match up to Katy is how the Cinco vs Katy game goes on Saturday. The predictions are all over the board but only the Cinco folks are claiming a possible win. Who knows?? :o

1moreX
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I have been wondering and watching. Our defense has gotten better every game and is very good. We have a ton of talent on the defense but WHO is the leader of our defense????? We need someone to take charge and be the leader because things are about to get WILD and someone is going to need to motivate on the field. :eek:

Go Chargers!!!!

1moreX
03-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Clear Springs had the most D1 recruits in Texas for 2010. Anyone know who the big players will be other than D. McClarty, Marcus Johnson, and Z. Cripps???

mossad
03-24-2011, 11:29 AM
:notworthyHowdy Springs!!! What is it looking like over there for next season, i know yall have sumthing in the works.

1moreX
05-16-2011, 03:39 PM
:notworthyHowdy Springs!!! What is it looking like over there for next season, i know yall have sumthing in the works.

Well, I think we will have wait until the Spring Game to know. I know that we have 16 returning varsity players and six were all-district and one all-state. We have more experience on the defensive side but we will have a sophomore QB that is 6'4" and can throw and scramble. I think he will be more consistent than Doebler. I am still waiting to see who the RB's will be.

L. Carpenter 6'4" will be playing DE and LB. C. Doubenmier (all-district) will return as a junior to fill one of the LB positions. The rumor is that B. Brinkmann 6'5" will be the other DE. Sounds like we may have more size on Defense this year to help Dallas McClarty who is going for his third year of All-State (DT). Three of the four returning DB's were all-district.

I am glad that none of the players have accepted offers for scholarships as of yet. How about the Gators?

another_screen_name
05-16-2011, 10:33 PM
What day and time is the spring game? Even though my boy is graduating and heading to Aggieland, I still need my fill of Friday Night HS Football.

1moreX
05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
What day and time is the spring game? Even though my boy is graduating and heading to Aggieland, I still need my fill of Friday Night HS Football.

Congratulations on your son going to A&M. The spring game has been moved from the May 26th to the 25th from 5 pm to 7 pm at the stadium on campus. I have six more years of CS football with one on varsity, one more entering this year, and another in two years.

another_screen_name
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I have asked my boy to find out when and where, but I am afraid he has a bad case of "Senioritis". Sometimes I am surprised he even remembers where the campus is at!

1moreX
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I have asked my boy to find out when and where, but I am afraid he has a bad case of "Senioritis". Sometimes I am surprised he even remembers where the campus is at!

Correction on the time. yesterday evening they sent out a flyer (pdf) that teh game would be from 6pm to 7pm on the 25th. I watched the team at practice yesterday and they were looking good. The O-line is bigger than last years and I beleive two are sophomores. Defense is solid.

another_screen_name
05-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the update. Is it still on campus or at district stadium?

1moreX
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the update. Is it still on campus or at district stadium?

It is still on campus.

GoSprings
05-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Enjoyable Spring game. Lots of holes to fill from a great graduating class, but they looked good. Impossible to tell anything about the season from a May inter squad game though. Having the game on campus was the right move. Lots of fans and great fun for the kids. Coaches did an outstanding job with Spring drills and the game. :yes:

Good luck with summer drills, two-a-days and the 2011 season boys. And May God Bless all.

Gator4ever
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I have a lot if not all of one of the Springs past football players trophies,medals,yearbooks and other sports related stuff from high school. I obtained them in a storage auction in LC and have been unable to locate him. Along with his diploma it's important for me to get these personal items back to him.

PM me for information if you would like to help find this young man.

another_screen_name
06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a lot if not all of one of the Springs past football players trophies,medals,yearbooks and other sports related stuff from high school. I obtained them in a storage auction in LC and have been unable to locate him. Along with his diploma it's important for me to get these personal items back to him.

PM me for information if you would like to help find this young man.

PM sent

1moreX
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone know what Dave Campbell had to say about 24-5a?

CSChargerFan
06-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Dave Campbell says we will finish 2nd in district again this year behind Pearland.

ClearSpringsFan
07-06-2011, 11:32 AM
This is the longest part of the summer. :ninja:

I'm glad that Veterans Memorial has sports turf. Imagine trying to maintain a natural grass field in this drout?

1moreX
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
This is the longest part of the summer. :ninja:

I'm glad that Veterans Memorial has sports turf. Imagine trying to maintain a natural grass field in this drout?

Anyone have any idea when we will get a new stadium. The District already owns the location. It is the land behind Burlington Coat Factory on I-45 South. I beleive that may have already raised the funds on a Bond?????

CSHSforever
08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Alright, ya'll! Home scrimmage is just a bit more than two weeks away, and the first game happens in just 22 days and 18 minutes. What do you think will happen this season? How do you think talent and coaching will come together this year, especially with it being such a rebuilding year?

1moreX
08-06-2011, 09:12 AM
This is what I saw at camp this week and it is more related to the next four years rather than this year specifically.

The 9th grade team that showed up on 8/1/11 is bigger, stronger, and deeper than any class since the school started. We have 9th grade linemen benching from 270 to over 300 lbs. Willie, Zurkel and several others are 240 plus with four years to grow. They have two full squads of guys like this. I'm sure they will be spread out between Soph and JV this year so they won't play as a Freshman SUPER TEAM.

Skills positions. I thought Dimitri Donald was back for his fifth year but bigger. I was wrong it is his little brother who is a 9th grader that ran over folks at RB for Creekside Int. Guidrey (Victory Lakes) who is a 9th grader and QB throws as hard and precise as either varsity QB (A.K.A. Bralon Addison's lost brother). The list goes on of kids that I thought were upper classmen but were actually 9th graders that are already dialed in.

As for this year. I would say it will be feast or famine except for the fact that we have great coaching to guide these kids. I think the first four games will be nail-biters that could go either way. Pearland-Dawson, Bryan, Cinco Ranch, and Pearland. The first two teams are better but the second two have slipped with the graduating class last year. If we survive those games, I predict we will only have one loss and that would fall in the playoffs.

Last years team had talent but no motivation since they had landed their scholarships. They never seemed to hit on all cylinders when playing a talented team. This team seems to have a different work ethic. I think our weakness is the young O-line and overall depth this year.

I could be wrong but the future is looking bright.

ClearSpringsFan
08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I am curious about a second district stadium as well. I know the district owns the land, but I did not think that a bond had been passed to raise funds for a new stadium. (CCISD had enough trouble passing a bond to renovate Veteran's Memorial.)

With the current economic climate, we may be waiting a while.

Note to stadium architect - The visitor stands need to be the same size as the home stands, because this will be the "other home stadium" for most visiting teams in 24-5a.

CSHSforever
08-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone see the scrimmage? Thoughts?

Defense looked fairly solid.

ClearSpringsFan
08-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I thought the defense looked pretty good. The offence appears to be a work in progress. Cripps has a cannon for an arm. He just needs to be more steady under pressure. The receivers were doing a good job of getting open, but the ball was not always on target. I uhave no doubt he will improve throughout the season. I expect 2011 will be a good year.

Truth
08-20-2011, 01:04 AM
I thought the defense looked pretty good. The offence appears to be a work in progress. Cripps has a cannon for an arm. He just needs to be more steady under pressure. The receivers were doing a good job of getting open, but the ball was not always on target. I uhave no doubt he will improve throughout the season. I expect 2011 will be a good year.
You must not have seen the same scrimmage I just seen. Lets be honest spring does not look that impressive at all. Actually clear falls varsity has more talent than creek, spring and brook. I must say without the recruits from La marque your coach will have to coach this year my friend. Please don't say they did not recruit from LA MARQUE BECAUSE MY COUSIN WHO PLAYED FOR Spring LAST SEASON WAS FROM LA MARQUE AND HE IS NOW in the SEC conference. ;):ninja:. His home adress is no longer in league city.

1moreX
08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
You must not have seen the same scrimmage I just seen. Lets be honest spring does not look that impressive at all. Actually clear falls varsity has more talent than creek, spring and brook. I must say without the recruits from La marque your coach will have to coach this year my friend. Please don't say they did not recruit from LA MARQUE BECAUSE MY COUSIN WHO PLAYED FOR Spring LAST SEASON WAS FROM LA MARQUE AND HE IS NOW in the SEC conference. ;):ninja:. His home address is no longer in league city.

OK Truth, you asked for it. Last night's defense played better than last years defense did all year. I guess desire is more important than talent because it definitely worked better. Reference Hightower beating us in the playoffs and all that talent just couldn't compete or just didn't care to.

Note: Dallas McClarty will get 24-5A Defensive MVP this year. The kid works hard, always has, and Texas State has no idea what a bargain they got with him.

As for your cousin, if you gave a CRAP about him you would not have opened this door. Senior, bigger, faster, stronger, and no injuries. I can't figure that one out. By the way, I'm not surprised that his address changed since he is attending school in Louisiana.

I agree the offense is lackluster. That means they don't LOOK good. Young QB will need a couple of snaps to adjust. I don't think anyone with understanding of football would think otherwise.

As for Clear Fails, please. If they are so great with all their Juniors then why doesn't their coach have the courage and confidence to start them against varsity 5a teams in this district instead of playing 3A, 4A schools, and JV's. Clear Springs did it and went .500. Answer: He doesn't have that confidence.

Lastly, If you like Clear Fails so much why don't you start their thread????? Keep us posted on how y'alls second JV season goes.:eek::cool: :rofl:

Truth
08-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Ok my cousin was getting the same offers before he was recruited by your coaches at the AAU football games:yes:. How do I know because I coach one of the AAU teams and one of the players grandmothers from La marque said a coach invited her grandson to clear springs football camp:eek:. Clear Falls does not recruiting thats why the coach has not put no 5a teams on the schedule. Where was randall before he started for spring. Im just say something is not right with a coach recruiting players at aau football games. I believe yall have a great athletic program but whats up with the dishonest system. Not trying to argue just telling you what I know. Remember you guys had a whole defense of D-1 players last year and three teams in your district made it farther in the playoffs than you guys. Creek, Pearland and Dickinson. Just having fun dont take it personal. Tell your coach to put la marque, Friendswood or Angleton on their schedule lol. I still believe district 22 4a is the toughest football district in the state. Go look at the state ranking for this year. 4 of their teams are in the top ten.

coogr86
08-23-2011, 12:48 PM
the reason Falls isn't playing a full varsity season is because they came into the fold mid-realignment. same thing happened when Manvel started. Coach Zeirlein has scheduled some pretty talented teams this season for them to play and will truly test their abilities. 24-5a better watch out next year.

when clear springs came into the mix they were coming in right at district re-alignment and were able to schedule varsity opponents. springs first season was a sub-varsity year.

as for your coach, well my momma always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

1moreX
08-24-2011, 03:22 PM
the reason Falls isn't playing a full varsity season is because they came into the fold mid-realignment. same thing happened when Manvel started. Coach Zeirlein has scheduled some pretty talented teams this season for them to play and will truly test their abilities. 24-5a better watch out next year.

when clear springs came into the mix they were coming in right at district re-alignment and were able to schedule varsity opponents. springs first season was a sub-varsity year.

as for your coach, well my momma always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Thanks for the warning. I guess we will be playing y'all sometime after the following talented teams in our line-up, North Shore, Cinco Ranch, Pearland-Dawson, Pearland...

mossad
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
whos looking good at runningback for CS?

ClearSpringsFan
08-26-2011, 09:15 AM
My wife, a '91 graduate of LaMarque, wants to know if CS will ever have a non-district game against the Cougars? I told her that I didn't think that it would be anytime soon, because LM is a small 4a school. On the other hand, they did make it to state last year. :rolleyes:

ClearSpringsFan
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
whos looking good at runningback for CS?

Last week, one of the longest running plays was by the QB, Zach Cripps. Hopefully that trend will change tonight.

ClearSpringsFan
08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Once again, QB Zach Cripps appears to have earned the most rushing yards on offense, but much of it was gained after he was flushed from the pocket by the Dawson defense. Pass protection was terrible. Rushing game was non-existent which made it easier for Dawson to shut down the Charger receivers. Overall, I would grade the offensive a "D".

The defense looked a little better, however the balanced Dawson offense kept the defense on the run, and on the field for much of the night. Overall, I would grade it a "C".

Dawson looked much sharper than they have in the previous two seasons. I read that they may be the team to win district in 24-4a. After seeing them tonight, I don't doubt the prediction.

The Chargers are a young, but enthusiastic team. They have potential, but it may not fully materialize this year. No matter what, I will continue to partake of the cheesy nachos and cheer for Springs. They may not be pretty right now, but they are what we brung to the dance.

ClearSpringsFan
08-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I've had a few days to digest my nachos. Last Friday, Dawson did a good job exploiting the weaknesses in the Charger lines. The biggest problem that I observed was that the offense appeared to lose confidence in themselves after a few broken series. Once they began to doubt their ability to score against Dawson, the game was as good as over.

It is a given that the Chargers are going to pass the ball a lot this season. Their opponents know it and will bring everything they can to flush the QB out of the pocket and cover the receivers. The O-line collectively got a wake up call of what it is like to play at the Varsity level. Hopefully they will learn from that and bring a brick wall to the game on Thursday to keep Bryan out of the backfield. Cripps has a cannon for an arm, but he needs to settle down and believe in himself. There were several lost opportunities in last weeks game where receivers were open but passes were off target.

This Thursday brings a new opportunity for the Chargers to prove themselves. Bryan is going to be looking to pay back last years loss to the Chargers. It's up to Springs to prove that they still got game!

Bring on the nachos!

1moreX
08-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Disappointing.

ClearSpringsFan
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM
FYI - The Varsity game is at 7PM Saturday at Veterans Memorial. (The calendar gets confusing with 5 teams sharing one stadium.)

I hope that the Charger fans continue to come out en mass to support their team if this season fails to meet expectations. With or without a running game, the kids deserve our support.

On a positive note, I thought that the band looked very good at halftime! :yes:

Gator4ever
08-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Hang in there feller's the season is just getting started and Springs will bounce back. I'm gonna go ahead and remind you how Katy started a few years ago and went on to win state.

Good Luck ! ! !

ClearSpringsFan
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Great job by the Charger Freshman and JV teams yesterday! :heli:

May your winning mojo spread to the varsity squad tomorrow night! If Cripps gets better pass protection by the O-line, it could be a break out game for him.

1moreX
09-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Broken Arrow. Repeat Broken Arrow.:(

GoSprings
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Broken Arrow. Repeat Broken Arrow.:(

Not sure what scares me more the 0-2 start or that you have a name for it.

The boys played a better game against Bryan. The Defense played well and the O-line had a good game. (I think the line did an acceptable job against Dawson as well.) I will not argue the point. All the issues can be resolved in the next 3 weeks. Coach will have them ready for District play.

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!

mossad
09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Aww perk up clear spring, u guys have to remember, yall lost a very very talented class, on top of that u have to realize who u have played....pearland Dawson has one of the fastest teams in Houston, it won't get any faster, you guys coach is prepping your YOUNG defense for the run, which IS the most important thing to stop....next, the teams yall are playing will be better than what you will face besides pearland, and us lol... once that defense tastes a little blood those nachos will be maranating for u guys for the post season. Remember we lost last year and we went two games deep in the playoffs beating elkins who beat hightower,that was with a new QB in the driver seat, be patient, nachos are not ripe in the pre season, chargers will be ready to face pearland and Dickinson, its not going to get any faster than pearland Dawson, besides us you know lol, and u won't face a precise running attack like Bryan or complete team like Cinco, so be patient, have a safe season chargers!!!!!

1moreX
09-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Not sure what scares me more the 0-2 start or that you have a name for it.

The boys played a better game against Bryan. The Defense played well and the O-line had a good game. (I think the line did an acceptable job against Dawson as well.) I will not argue the point. All the issues can be resolved in the next 3 weeks. Coach will have them ready for District play.

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!

The defense isn't what scares me. Any defense that is on the field as much as ours is will get worn down. The offense is what scares me. The o line and 14 R. Thompson at RB looked good.

1moreX
09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=mossad;1817045]Aww perk up clear spring, u guys have to remember, yall lost a very very talented class, on top of that u have to realize who u have played....pearland Dawson has one of the fastest teams in Houston, it won't get any faster, you guys coach is prepping your YOUNG defense for the run, which IS the most important thing to stop....next, the teams yall are playing will be better than what you will face besides pearland, and us lol... once that defense tastes a little blood those nachos will be maranating for u guys for the post season. Remember we lost last year and we went two games deep in the playoffs beating elkins who beat hightower,that was with a new QB in the driver seat, be patient, nachos are not ripe in the pre season, chargers will be ready to face pearland and Dickinson, its not going to get any faster than pearland Dawson, besides us you know lol, and u won't face a precise running attack like Bryan or complete team like Cinco, so be patient, have a safe season chargers!!!!![/

I sure hope you are right. I think I feel a little better.

CSHSforever
09-04-2011, 10:28 PM
At least there was improvement. That's a good sign. They just need that extra ingredient and I think things might begin to get better. I still think they have potential. It just might take a few rough games to make it all really work.

ClearSpringsFan
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I have had the remainder of the Labor Day weekend to ponder the Clear Springs Chargers, and I am convinced that all is not lost. The Chargers graduated a lot of talent last spring, but that is what high schools are supposed to do. The next wave of players has moved up from the lower ranks, and they are getting groomed to play competatively at the 5a varsity level. Unfortunately, the Chargers are 0-2 in the process, but I have seen big improvements on both sides of the ball. I respect Coach Hartman for lining up the "murderous" pre-season schedule. After playing Pearland Dawson, Bryan, and Cinco Ranch, there won't be much that the Chargers have not seen heading in to their first district game against Pearland.

The 2011 Charger offense is a work in progress, but I see signs that they are getting tighter. I am still concerned about the running game after the Chargers had -9 yards :eek: total rushing against Dawson, but in that game, I suspect that the coaches were focusing on giving the young O line time to work on pass protection and Cripps more time with the ball.

The Chargers may go 0-3 in the pre-season, but then the "odometer" will be zeroed and a more seasoned team will face the Pearland Oilers on opening night of district play.

Gator4ever
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
As long as progress is made then things should
be okay. Problem with this situation is that Springs may be 0-3 going into the Pearland game and if they lose to the defending state champs then it will be a hard thing for the players at 0-4. Not saying it's gonna happen but what happens in this type situation is the fans and players and everyone gets nerved out on every play and much ado is made negatively for nothing during the hunt for a first win.

As long as progress is made then the playoffs will come to those who continue to improve.

Good Luck

ClearSpringsFan
09-07-2011, 10:25 AM
What makes this game interesting is that you have to assume that progress is being made by both Cinco Ranch and Clear Springs. I anticipate that both sides will still focus on building consistancy while still running fairly basic schemes. Zach Cripps needs solid pass protection, and he needs to be able to consistantly find his receivers while under pressure. The Bryan game was a big improvement over Dawson when Cripps made his first varsity start.

I agree that a Homecoming victory against Cinco Ranch would be a good confidence boost for the Chargers before they take on the defending state champs. However, it is possible that they will be 0-4 overall and 0-1 district before they play Alvin, Clear Brook, and Clear Lake. I would be more concerned about the slow start if I did not recognise the potential in this young team. I still expect to see the Chargers on the field in post season after a solid district run. If nothing else, the pre-season schedule should demonstrate to the Chargers the level of play they will need to sustain to survive in the playoffs.

GO CHARGERS!!!

Gator4ever
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree,

Springs has the talent and the coaching to make the playoffs just by being consistent. I feel strongly that Springs will make the playoffs and improve every week.

Dickinson started 0-3 last year and then barely won game four against Dobie. It seemed the first win ended all the jitters as it will probably to with Springs.

Good Luck

hbob
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Clear-Springs-coach-teacher-held-after-raid-finds-2160084.php

Any insight Fans

Gator4ever
09-08-2011, 09:06 AM
wow,

This is really something no school needs,

ClearSpringsFan
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Well for starters, I suspect that there is going to be a lot of peeing in cups in the Clear Springs locker room. :rolleyes: Any athletes with performance enhancing drugs in their system need to be banned from athletic participation, and the people who provided the drugs need to go to jail.

I look forward to this case being resolved. The coaches and athletes who are convicted of wrongdoing need to be removed from the Clear Springs athletic program so that the hundreds of athletes and the coaches who have done nothing wrong can move on.

CSHSforever
09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Well for starters, I suspect that there is going to be a lot of peeing in cups in the Clear Springs locker room. :rolleyes: Any athletes with performance enhancing drugs in their system need to be banned from athletic participation, and the people who provided the drugs need to go to jail.

I look forward to this case being resolved. The coaches and athletes who are convicted of wrongdoing need to be removed from the Clear Springs athletic program so that the hundreds of athletes and the coaches who have done nothing wrong can move on.

Definitely agree! So far, no word of athletes being tested, but I hope that they will soon. I hope that they take care of this soon so that it can be over and done with!

rsmantx
09-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Not good for Clear Springs, However to be honest, I do not believe, unless UIL or the authorities force them, that CCISD athletic Director or School Board will make Springs players take a drug test. Too embarassing for them. With the other things happening involving Springs ie: the fight last year, and no discipline handed out, CCISD will not do anything. With that said, I hope the authorities put that coach under the jail, working with kids and doing this is unforgivable. Just hope no other Coaches from any school are involved. That would be a very bad situation all around

1moreX
09-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Not good for Clear Springs, However to be honest, I do not believe, unless UIL or the authorities force them, that CCISD athletic Director or School Board will make Springs players take a drug test. Too embarassing for them. With the other things happening involving Springs ie: the fight last year, and no discipline handed out, CCISD will not do anything. With that said, I hope the authorities put that coach under the jail, working with kids and doing this is unforgivable. Just hope no other Coaches from any school are involved. That would be a very bad situation all around

The guy sold to a Friendswood detective. Maybe people should be pointing the finger at Friendswood HS and Clear Book HS since those are Friendswood schools and he was obviously selling in Friendswood if he got their police departments attention.

Also, my kid has been there three years and has been tested twice. They have been doing random testing for steriods on the team since the beginning.

ClearSpringsFan
09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
The Galveston Daily News said that Porter was the varsity coach at Creek before he transferred to Springs as the JV coach. Was that transfer a demotion? Does anyone know anything about his history at Creek?

I expect that a lot more stuff on Porter will hit the fan before this is over. Fortunately, the investigation appears to be focused on his behavior off campus. The police did not know he was a coach/teacher until they looked at his biography on the Internet.

CSHSforever
09-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Today was the first time that I feel like they truly played as a team, didn't ever give up, and the first time that the offense kept them in the game too, not just defense!
Very good game. I'm glad to see so much improvment week to week. If they use this next week to really clean up a few things, I think we'll have a really good game for our first district game.
Hope Cripps is alright, looks like he probably got a concussion.

chargermom
09-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Today was the first time that I feel like they truly played as a team, didn't ever give up, and the first time that the offense kept them in the game too, not just defense!
Very good game. I'm glad to see so much improvment week to week. If they use this next week to really clean up a few things, I think we'll have a really good game for our first district game.
Hope Cripps is alright, looks like he probably got a concussion.

Zach is doing good this morning actually did good last night. We do have to take to dr to be cleared. Alot of his yesterday after the hit was the heat & exhaution & ankle bothering him, which is why he couldnt put weight on that ankle & made it look like off balance more than was. He never lost concussioness, never was sick or had headache.

Michelle Cripps

ClearSpringsFan
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the board chargermom! I'm glad that Zach is going to be OK!

ClearSpringsFan
09-12-2011, 09:24 AM

I think a very different Charger team is going to head in to the Rig in two weeks from the one that played Dawson in week zero. This team has a lot of young players that are stepping up to their roles. Pearland is is a similar mode of improvement, so it will be interesting to see which team makes the best adjustments. I still predict that the winner of that game will eventually win the 24-5a District.

The 0-3 start does not concern me because the Chargers were adjusting their lines. While a win would have been a nice confidence booster, the kids have learned a lot more from these losses than had they stacked up a bunch of 65-0 wins against much weaker teams.

I accept part of the blame for the losses to Hightower and Dawson. At both games, I veered from my game-time diet of peanuts and cheesy nachos to Chick-fil-A sandwiches. In two weeks, I will order nachos with extra cheese! GO CHARGERS!

chargermom
09-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I think a very different Charger team is going to head in to the Rig in two weeks from the one that played Dawson in week zero. This team has a lot of young players that are stepping up to their roles. Pearland is is a similar mode of improvement, so it will be interesting to see which team makes the best adjustments. I still predict that the winner of that game will eventually win the 24-5a District.

The 0-3 start does not concern me because the Chargers were adjusting their lines. While a win would have been a nice confidence booster, the kids have learned a lot more from these losses than had they stacked up a bunch of 65-0 wins against much weaker teams.

I accept part of the blame for the losses to Hightower and Dawson. At both games, I veered from my game-time diet of peanuts and cheesy nachos to Chick-fil-A sandwiches. In two weeks, I will order nachos with extra cheese! GO CHARGERS!

That's funny since Sat, I made sure not to wear the shirt I had wore the previous 2 weeks.

CSHSforever
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Zach is doing good this morning actually did good last night. We do have to take to dr to be cleared. Alot of his yesterday after the hit was the heat & exhaution & ankle bothering him, which is why he couldnt put weight on that ankle & made it look like off balance more than was. He never lost concussioness, never was sick or had headache.

Michelle Cripps

Very glad to hear!

Gator4ever
09-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Chargermom,

I will say a prayer for your team in hopes that no injuries take place and all the kids stay healthy. Sadly all teams suffer injuries but it's good to see that the kids stay motivated.

On another note I'd like to remind you guys how silent we are about Dickinson and can't wait to see you on the field.

Good Luck !!!

ClearSpringsFan
09-13-2011, 09:03 AM
On another note I'd like to remind you guys how silent we are about Dickinson and can't wait to see you on the field.
Good Luck !!!

With the Charger's slow start, I imagine that a lot of teams can hardly wait to see them on the field! :rolleyes:

The Springs/Dickinson game is teacher appreciation, so be sure to bring your favorite teacher to the game for some cheesy nachos!

Gator4ever
09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I see you predicted Pearland and Springs to vie for the district title at this very stage of the season. I agree with Pearland but I'm not with you on Springs.

It's hard for me to see Springs just doing an about face at this stage but the off week will tell the story. Don't take Alvin for granted as they have a few tricks and a few players waiting in the bushes.

Brazoswood has me wondering if they can do what they usually do and play well at home and play determined football from this point out.

Dickinson is very different this year and that's all I know for sure...lol. My sources tell me a lot but I know nuttin..lol.

ClearSpringsFan
09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=Gator4ever;1826554]I see you predicted Pearland and Springs to vie for the district title at this very stage of the season. I agree with Pearland but I'm not with you on Springs.
[\QUOTE]

My prediction hinges on the Chargers ability to shake off a 0-3 start. On Saturday, they played a better game against Cinco Ranch than they did last year. (Cinco wore down the defense and pulled away in the second half of last year's game.) From what I have been reading about Pearland, I expect a similarly aggressive game on 9/23. It may be a long shot that 0-3 team will beat the reigning state champions in their stadium, but if they do, it will be "game on" in the race for the district title!

The unknowns and cheesy nachos are why I love this game!

Gator4ever
09-14-2011, 04:03 PM
ClearSpringsFan,

Your a good fan and you support your team. What more could a community ask for?

I'm thinking the Dickinson team has a lot to say about a lot of things this year. I'm picking them to WIN district and I'm not banking on anything in particular but I see them carefully as a motivated team with talent and they now have an "X" factor that is very dangerous. As they IMPROVE it will get xcary for other teams as they don't have any area of play thats gonna slow them down at this point.

Cant wait to see you on the field.

1moreX
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
ClearSpringsFan,

Your a good fan and you support your team. What more could a community ask for?

I'm thinking the Dickinson team has a lot to say about a lot of things this year. I'm picking them to WIN district and I'm not banking on anything in particular but I see them carefully as a motivated team with talent and they now have an "X" factor that is very dangerous. As they IMPROVE it will get xcary for other teams as they don't have any area of play thats gonna slow them down at this point.

Cant wait to see you on the field.

I'm not about to speculate on any team at this point. I know that I have seen T. Preston play and he has skills. I think there will be more games that are nip and tuck this year, which will make for a great fan's season. I'm sure the players would prefer to have blow outs.

CSHSforever
09-20-2011, 07:15 PM
And predictions for Friday's game? Should be a good one! REALLY hoping that the Chargers will put it off... I know it would do a lot for morale, for that to be their first win. But we'll see.

ClearSpringsFan
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
My prediction is for Pearland to win, but I expect it to be a close game. I would love to be proven wrong!

My concerns at this time are the lack of a dominant running game for the Chargers, and too many holes in the pass protection for the QB. Clear Springs is much improved when compared to where they were a month ago, but I'm not sure that they will be able to beat a team like Pearland in the Rig.

Gator4ever
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
My feelings are complex on this game and with a hope that the game "slows". If you guys can control the clock to some degree then it's gonna be a chance. Maybe if you can find the short pass on many occasions mixed with a run or two.

Pearland can be beaten and you guys can do it if you rolldown the clock.

Good Luck !!!

ClearSpringsFan
09-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Thirty six hours from now, we will know the outcome of the Oiler/Charger game. ;)

The Clear Springs fans knew that the first three games were going to be very tough to win for a young team. The 0-3 start is not a suprise. The losses have not been fun, but the players have been introduced to the intensity of play that will be necessary for a successful season. The big question is how valuable is the experience of losing to strong teams vs. the confidence that could have been gained by going 3-0 over weaker programs?

Pearland is too well coached to focus on Clear Spring's 0-3 start, or drop in the ratings. In spite of what the numbers say, I think the teams will be suprisingly well matched. In spite of the pre-season results, I have revised my prediction to 24-21 Clear Springs. The team is looking much better, and they are hungry.

Here is to a great game! Stay healthy!

Gator4ever
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree in many ways but I also know that you guys have a determined coach.

Pearland could be a team with potential or not but they will not be last years team by a long shot. They will depend a lot on reputation and at the same time they will play to win.

If you win this game it will be due to not making mistakes and not due to experiences of defeat in the past three weeks. Gotta slow the tempo and resolve yourselves to not "appear" to be explosive in nature YET.

Good Luck !!!! Just My Opinion

ClearSpringsFan
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow! A 99 yard scoring drive in the final minutes of the game! I think the Chargers have found their missing bottle 'O mojo! Great game!

Rambler
09-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Wow! A 99 yard scoring drive in the final minutes of the game! I think the Chargers have found their missing bottle 'O mojo! Great game!

Way to go Springs!

chargermom
09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Great job Chargers!!!! So proud & love all my charger boys...:heli::heli::heli::heli::yes:

mossad
09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Aww perk up clear spring, u guys have to remember, yall lost a very very talented class, on top of that u have to realize who u have played....pearland Dawson has one of the fastest teams in Houston, it won't get any faster, you guys coach is prepping your YOUNG defense for the run, which IS the most important thing to stop....next, the teams yall are playing will be better than what you will face besides pearland, and us lol... once that defense tastes a little blood those nachos will be maranating for u guys for the post season. Remember we lost last year and we went two games deep in the playoffs beating elkins who beat hightower,that was with a new QB in the driver seat, be patient, nachos are not ripe in the pre season, chargers will be ready to face pearland and Dickinson, its not going to get any faster than pearland Dawson, besides us you know lol, and u won't face a precise running attack like Bryan or complete team like Cinco, so be patient, have a safe season chargers!!!!!

Remember i predicted this....im just saying:rolleyes:

ClearSpringsFan
09-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Tonight, the 1-3 Clear Springs Chargers take on the 3-1 Alvin Yellowjackets at VMS! :eek: ...whod'a predicted that?!?

I predict a Charger victory, but I anticipate a closer game than the last two blow-outs.

GO CHARGERS!!!! :heli:

Gator4ever
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey,

Everyone wants Alvin to do great but just not against them.lol.

I see you guys winning but stranger things have happened.

Good Luck

ClearSpringsFan
09-30-2011, 08:59 AM
The Clear Springs vs Alvin game has been rescheduled for 6pm Saturday at Dickinson.

CSHSforever
10-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Apparently the band has a competition and will not be attending the game. Going to be quite strange without a band...

1moreX
10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Apparently the band has a competition and will not be attending the game. Going to be quite strange without a band...

Should I bring the cowbell????

Brazoswood won lastnight so it looks like it will probably be as follows in the playoffs:

^Clear Springs, *Pearland, ^Clear Creek, *Brazoswood.

*D1
^D2

ClearSpringsFan
10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
It was col that the band showe up just in time for the half time show. It wasn't the same without them!

CSChargerFan
10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
It was outstanding that the band finished their competition and made a beeline straight for the game. The Charger nation needs to send Mr. Williams a thank you for the awesome job they did making it to the game and staying to the end.

ljwillia@ccisd.net

CSChargerFan
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Any predictions for the Clear Springs Clear Brook game?

1moreX
10-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Any predictions for the Clear Springs Clear Brook game?

2nd string will get the most playing time they have all year.

Yellow Oiler
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I have them playing you guys tough in the first half, but ya'll pull away in the second half. Final 38-10 CSprings.

Jim

CSChargerFan
10-06-2011, 09:25 AM
2nd string will get the most playing time they have all year.

Coaches learned a lot from last year letting the starters sit out for most of the 2nd half. I see the starters playing into the 4th quarter.

1moreX
10-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Coaches learned a lot from last year letting the starters sit out for most of the 2nd half. I see the starters playing into the 4th quarter.

I agree. They only played the whole game against Pland and Dickinson.

ClearSpringsFan
10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I pick Springs to win big, as long as they don't look too far down the road. Take it one game at a time!

ClearSpringsFan
10-21-2011, 10:05 AM
It's been kinda quiet around here.... (chirping crickets)

If Dickinson had played all season the way they played last night, there is no way that they should be 1-4 in district. They always show up to play against the Chargers, and last night they were trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. Tyrell Preston was truely the beast, with over 200 yards rushing. (Probably 100 yards while carrying two or three defensive players on his back.)

I expected the Chargers to score a lot of points, but I was guilty of overlooking the explosive potential of the Dickinson offense. I anticipate an equally tight game against Clear Creek next week.

Here's to being 5-0 in District! :heli:GO CHARGERS!!!

Gator4ever
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
great game and you guys have a great offense. I love the snap from center that allows the qb to stand straight up and see down field. Overall the offense looks good.

Since Brook popped Brazoswood last week that opened the door for the Gators to make the playoffs at 3-4 due to the remaining games. If Alvin beats Brazoswood and loses to Creek and Pearland we make the fourth spot as long Brazoswood loses like they should. If not a three way woukd put us in but it's amazing we still have a shot.

Good Luck Chargers !!!

CSHSforever
10-21-2011, 04:04 PM
great game and you guys have a great offense. I love the snap from center that allows the qb to stand straight up and see down field. Overall the offense looks good.

Since Brook popped Brazoswood last week that opened the door for the Gators to make the playoffs at 3-4 due to the remaining games. If Alvin beats Brazoswood and loses to Creek and Pearland we make the fourth spot as long Brazoswood loses like they should. If not a three way woukd put us in but it's amazing we still have a shot.

Good Luck Chargers !!!

If the Gators play like they did last night for the rest of the season, I have no doubt that they will make it to the playoffs.

CSHSforever
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
What do ya'll think? Would it be better to go to DI in the playoffs or DII?

CSHSforever
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Also, this is a bit overdue, but wishing a speedy recovery to #5, Reuben Silguero.
#28 Matt Cody was also taken out last night. From what I could see, I think it might be his knee? Haven't heard anything about if that's serious. After the original injury, he did go back in but I saw him limping out again and didn't see him back in after that. Hoping it's nothing serious!

ClearSpringsFan
10-22-2011, 07:54 AM
What do ya'll think? Would it be better to go to DI in the playoffs or DII?

In DII - Biggest hurdle is Katy in week 4.
In DI - Springs could have to play Pearland in Week 3 and Cinco Ranch in week 4.

I'll take DII by a slight margin.

Yellow Oiler
10-22-2011, 10:39 AM
In DI - Springs could have to play Pearland in Week 3 and Cinco Ranch in week 4.

I am going to say this in an open thread, and probably get burned for it, if it comes true by my kt buddies. You guys can beat kt plain and simple. Your passing game will leave them blinking. Make no mistake, your running game will have to be there, but your receivers out match kt across the board. Kt hasn't played anyone that can test their DB's. I haven't seen them play, but based on last years team, and kt's stength is doing the same thing very, very good over and over, their DB's play the run PERIOD. Ya'lls QB is as tenacious as anyone. As long as he stays calm, and has better than average protection, he will work wonders.

Again, these are my thoughts. Of course if ya'll go D1, all bets are off......:heli:.

Jim

CSHSforever
10-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I am going to say this in an open thread, and probably get burned for it, if it comes true by my kt buddies. You guys can beat kt plain and simple. Your passing game will leave them blinking. Make no mistake, your running game will have to be there, but your receivers out match kt across the board. Kt hasn't played anyone that can test their DB's. I haven't seen them play, but based on last years team, and kt's stength is doing the same thing very, very good over and over, their DB's play the run PERIOD. Ya'lls QB is as tenacious as anyone. As long as he stays calm, and has better than average protection, he will work wonders.

Again, these are my thoughts. Of course if ya'll go D1, all bets are off......:heli:.

Jim

I think I'm going to hope for D2. I want to see a Katy-Springs matchup again, especially with this year's team. Plus, I think it would be nice if the top 2 teams in the district (Springs and Pearland) made opposite districts.

CSHSforever
10-22-2011, 11:30 AM
If you click on this link, you can vote for Clear Springs vs Clear Creek to be the game of the week for Friday Football Frenzy!

http://www.click2houston.com/surveypopup/sports/29553539/detail.html

HEADWRECKER
10-22-2011, 08:44 PM
cshs forfever:
you hope springs and Pearland make opposite districts? What are you talking about? If you're referring to opposite divisions, and you want the chargers to match up with Katy, you're not very bright. This season is far from over, and you announce the top two teams in the district...typical clear sprigs bravado. you buy a shirt? Wear it Friday night.

CSHSforever
10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
cshs forfever:
you hope springs and Pearland make opposite districts? What are you talking about? If you're referring to opposite divisions, and you want the chargers to match up with Katy, you're not very bright. This season is far from over, and you announce the top two teams in the district...typical clear sprigs bravado. you buy a shirt? Wear it Friday night.

I meant divisions, yes. Right now, the top two teams in district are Clear Springs and Pearland. That's what I meant. In no way did I mean the top two teams when everything is said and done. There are still two games left, I'd be a fool to say something so final like that. No need to read so much into things. Creek and Brazoswood are both very good teams, anyone would be an idiot to say that any team already has beating them in the bag.

CSChargerFan
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
cshs forfever:

Call it bravado or what ever you want, the kids and parents believe in the coaches and what they stand for. Can't help it if the other schools do not believe in their coaches as much as we do.

1moreX
10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Headwrecker is a troll. Don't bother explaining yourself to this guy. He has no allegiances. Just looking for a fight.:p Oh, congrats to Donnie Baggs today for his contribution to the win. Didn't see any other X- Springs LB's playing NCAA today.

HEADWRECKER
10-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm gettin' all choked up over here fan, but I guess your coaches are too, with you hangin on that tight.

CSHSforever
10-22-2011, 11:07 PM
What number is Donnie?

1moreX
10-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Donnie is 36.

1moreX
10-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm gettin' all choked up over here fan, but I guess your coaches are too, with you hangin on that tight.

I'm sure your statement had a meaning to you but I don't get it. Translate into a comprehendible sentence for a response. :eek:

GoSprings
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm not sure, but I think the brackets will change. Pearland and Springs should not play until the region championship game.

CSChargerFan
10-23-2011, 09:26 AM

Your funny, your more than welcome to keep hanging around the Chargers thread. We got your interest peaked.

CSChargerFan
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
These are the official UIL numbers for the district

24 District

Alvin 2456
Clute Brazoswood 2627.5
Dickinson 2239.5
Frndswd Clear Brook 2602
Houston Clear Lake 3450
LC Clear Creek 2429
LC Clear Springs 2482
Pearland 2942

rsmantx
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM
These are the official UIL numbers for the district

24 District

Alvin 2456
Clute Brazoswood 2627.5
Dickinson 2239.5
Frndswd Clear Brook 2602
Houston Clear Lake 3450
LC Clear Creek 2429
LC Clear Springs 2482
Pearland 2942

Need to remember these numbers are based off enrollment two years ago, before Falls opened. Creeks numbers now are barely above 4A numbers. (The number I have heard is just 15 above the projected top of the 4a enrollment). Will be interesting to see what the real nnumbers are when UIL realigns this year.

CSHSforever
10-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Need to remember these numbers are based off enrollment two years ago, before Falls opened. Creeks numbers now are barely above 4A numbers. (The number I have heard is just 15 above the projected top of the 4a enrollment). Will be interesting to see what the real nnumbers are when UIL realigns this year.

Definitely. I'm very anxious to see what the new 24-5A will look like. Can Creek opt up if they barely don't make the cut?

May be a stupid question - but they use the enrollment numbers from the time they realign things for two years no matter if they've changed, right? So even if, for example (not accurate), Springs actually had more kids than Brook at the end of the two years, they would still be considered as smaller than Brook because that's what it was at the beginning? Does that even make sense?

Man, all this enrollment/alignment stuff makes my head hurt. :confused:

Yellow Oiler
10-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Correct CSHSForever, they use the number from the official district alignmnet back in 2010. It does not float.

Jim

ClearSpringsFan
10-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know if Friday's game is going to be on the radio? My schedule might keep me away, but I can still tune in if it will be on the air.

Thanks!

CSChargerFan
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM

All CCISD schools will be 5A next year, Creek and Falls both have the #'s. Manvel moving up and with that Alvin and Manvel are being shipped off to another district.

CSChargerFan
10-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if Friday's game is going to be on the radio? My schedule might keep me away, but I can still tune in if it will be on the air.

Thanks!

I know it's being broadcast on www.tsrnsports.com. This is the direct link
tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-D-24-5A-Pearland-Clear.htm

ClearSpringsFan
10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
All CCISD schools will be 5A next year, Creek and Falls both have the #'s. Manvel moving up and with that Alvin and Manvel are being shipped off to another district.

Do you know if there will be any changes to 24-5a other than swapping Alvin for Clear Falls? I'm hoping that Pearland remains in the district because they are good "neighbors".

1moreX
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Do you know if they are going to 22-5a. They are short on teams.

Yellow Oiler
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Nothing is official yet. On the re-alignment thread on the main board, someone posted district alignments and it had Alvin and Manvel moving into the Pasadena schools district (22-5A I guess).

Still to early, but anything could happen.

Jim

ClearSpringsFan
10-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Nothing is official yet. On the re-alignment thread on the main board, someone posted district alignments and it had Alvin and Manvel moving into the Pasadena schools district (22-5A I guess).

Still to early, but anything could happen.

Jim

It is still early in the rumor game, but I cut and paste this from the re-alignment thread on the main board. If this materializes, 23-5a could would be a tough district with Manvel, Pearland, Dawson, and Dickinson fighting for the top spot.

Unless other teams improve their level of play, 24-5a would be a very weak division. I would think that it would be difficult for the 24-5a division leaders to make deep playoff runs if they did not get challenged much in the regular season. Thoughts?

District 23
Alvin
Manvel
Galveston Ball
Pearland
Dawson(if they move up)
Dickinson

District 24
Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Clear Creek
Clear Lake
Clear Falls
Brazoswood

1moreX
10-26-2011, 04:46 PM
It is still early in the rumor game, but I cut and paste this from the re-alignment thread on the main board. If this materializes, 23-5a could would be a tough district with Manvel, Pearland, Dawson, and Dickinson fighting for the top spot.

Unless other teams improve their level of play, 24-5a would be a very weak division. I would think that it would be difficult for the 24-5a division leaders to make deep playoff runs if they did not get challenged much in the regular season. Thoughts?

District 23
Alvin
Manvel
Galveston Ball
Pearland
Dawson(if they move up)
Dickinson

District 24
Clear Brook
Clear Springs
Clear Creek
Clear Lake
Clear Falls
Brazoswood

What happens to the ten Fort Bend schools in 23-5a now?

Yellow Oiler
10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Agreed 1moreX, there are enough teams in the area to make 8 team divisions. Alvin, Manvel, Dawson and possibly BWood or Pland could move over with the Ft. Bend schools. I think 3, maybe 4 will have 4A numbers, but will the Ft. Bend ISD want them to stay grouped together no matter the numbers.

Don't forget about FRwood. Haven't seen or heard anything about them, but I know they are close. This is going to get crazy before it is all said and done.

Jim

1moreX
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Agreed 1moreX, there are enough teams in the area to make 8 team divisions. Alvin, Manvel, Dawson and possibly BWood or Pland could move over with the Ft. Bend schools. I think 3, maybe 4 will have 4A numbers, but will the Ft. Bend ISD want them to stay grouped together no matter the numbers.

Don't forget about FRwood. Haven't seen or heard anything about them, but I know they are close. This is going to get crazy before it is all said and done.

Jim

I would like to see Pearland stay in 24-5a. I think the district needs as much competition as possible to strengthen teams that get into the playoffs. If the UIL was reading this post I would do the following.

22-5a - add Manvel, and Alvin.

23-5a - move the two smallest pop teams to 4-a to fill the gap of moving Manvel up. Leave Dawson in 4-a since P-land District does not want their schools competing.

24-5a - P-land, all the C.C. isd teams, Bwood, Friendswood (Falls would be added). If you can have an odd number by allowing one team off each week instead of all of them being off at one time.

ClearSpringsFan
10-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I would like to see Pearland stay in 24-5a. I think the district needs as much competition as possible to strengthen teams that get into the playoffs. If the UIL was reading this post I would do the following.

22-5a - add Manvel, and Alvin.

23-5a - move the two smallest pop teams to 4-a to fill the gap of moving Manvel up. Leave Dawson in 4-a since P-land District does not want their schools competing.

24-5a - P-land, all the C.C. isd teams, Bwood, Friendswood (Falls would be added). If you can have an odd number by allowing one team off each week instead of all of them being off at one time.

Where are you putting our gator chomping buds by the bayou? Will Friendswood be big enough to go 5a? I would think that they would have a hard time competing against bigger schools.

I personally wish Pearland would let their teams compete. It's not like they have any love for each other because they they are in different districts. The hypothetical Pearland/Dawson game would be as big if not bigger than Creek/Springs.

loslobos
10-28-2011, 08:17 AM
If pland and Dawson are both 5a, they will be in the same district and will play each other no matter what they WANT.

1moreX
10-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Where are you putting our gator chomping buds by the bayou? Will Friendswood be big enough to go 5a? I would think that they would have a hard time competing against bigger schools.

I personally wish Pearland would let their teams compete. It's not like they have any love for each other because they they are in different districts. The hypothetical Pearland/Dawson game would be as big if not bigger than Creek/Springs.

Sorry for the unintentional slight to Dickinson. I thought I had placed them in 24-5a. Friendswood your out if we can't have an uneven district.

ClearSpringsFan
10-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Wouldn't it get interesting if Texas City and La Marque ISDs decided to consolidate. (I have heard unconfirmed rumors that the issue is at least being discussed.) The "Couga-rees" could bring a solid punch to 5a football, :eek: and would balance out district 24-5a so that Friendswood could join the party. (I understand that there is some "history" between those three teams.)

What is the maximum number of teams allowed in a district? Is it eight, or ten?

1moreX
10-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't it get interesting if Texas City and La Marque ISDs decided to consolidate. (I have heard unconfirmed rumors that the issue is at least being discussed.) The "Couga-rees" could bring a solid punch to 5a football, :eek: and would balance out district 24-5a so that Friendswood could join the party. (I understand that there is some "history" between those three teams.)

What is the maximum number of teams allowed in a district? Is it eight, or ten?

Must be 10. Fort Bend ISD 23-5a has that many in two zones.

1moreX
10-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Congratulations to the 2011 Clear Springs Chargers, coaching staff, and parents that helped in making the Chargers the 24-5a District Champs.:yes::heli::notworthy

ClearSpringsFan
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Now that the Chargers have wrapped up the District title, I'm curious to see how much playing time the starters get on Thursday. I can appreciate the desire to keep the hammer down after the Charger's best showing last Friday. On the other hand, Thursday's game would provide an opportunity to exersize the second team against a Brazosport team that is in a must-win situation. I imagine that there will be good attendance from some of our friends in Ft. Bend and Western Harris Counties. :rolleyes:

I am curious to see if my prediction holds true that the Chargers play conservatively against Brazosport.

1moreX
10-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Now that the Chargers have wrapped up the District title, I'm curious to see how much playing time the starters get on Thursday. I can appreciate the desire to keep the hammer down after the Charger's best showing last Friday. On the other hand, Thursday's game would provide an opportunity to exercise the second team against a Brazosport team that is in a must-win situation. I imagine that there will be good attendance from some of our friends in Ft. Bend and Western Harris Counties. :rolleyes:

I am curious to see if my prediction holds true that the Chargers play conservatively against Brazosport.

I would be speculating but until we get the game firmly in hand I don't see Coach Hartmen lifting his foot off the gas. We did that last year and the starters weren't prepared to play a full game when they got to Hightower. I think he is going to do all the fine tuning he can before we get to FB Marshall. Based on what is waiting deep in Reg 3, we will have to eliminate turnovers, penalties, and slow starts. 2nd team in the beginning of the 4th.

Gator4ever
10-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey Feller's,

Seems the Dickinson page has died a painful death here in 2011..lol.

Now Igotta post here to congratulate you guys on a great season with a weird start at 0-3.

Hope you do well in the playoffs and continue to be coached well..lol.

In regards to the expected district set-ups for 2012-2013 I've got some info that puts Dickinson as well as all the clear teams together with Manville and Dawson or Manville and Ball. You won't see much different except that BWood will cover Ball as they will stay in 4A. I have this on good authority and am willing to take bets..lol.

Good Luck this week....

chargermom
10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Feller's,

Now Igotta post here to congratulate you guys on a great season with a weird start at 0-3.

In regards to the expected district set-ups for 2012-2013 I've got some info that puts Dickinson as well as all the clear teams together with Manville and Dawson or Manville and Ball. You won't see much different except that BWood will cover Ball as they will stay in 4A. I have this on good authority and am willing to take bets..lol.

Good Luck this week....

Sorry Gators, as most of us know the Gators are better than their record showed this year.

Not sure where you heard this, as we have been told some of the # & such for next two years also & most likely Alvin & Manvel are headed over to Pasadena Schools District (Alvin used to be there before). Clear Falls is becoming 5A also so will be in our district too. Brazoswood will most likely stay put as the closer district to them (Fort Bend) is very full.

Gator4ever
10-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Hello ChargerMom,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes we are better in many ways but our coaching seems to be the problem.

Alvin, Man,Dawson,BWood, and a host of teams from Pasadena can set up a couple of seven team districts and the travel expense is always taken into account.

Dickinson, and a host of clear teams are taken into account of travel as well as Pearland. Note that Creek may go 4A so things become complicated to a degree but CCISD may opt for CC to stay 5A as the Fort Bend district has with travel always the consideration.

LaMarque is still 4A but has a population of 745 or so and would be a small 3A team in the Coldspring district and it looks like they will go for the 3A change. Strangly it seems they would want to save on expenses due to the school district almost being broke? Texas City Unified school district is still a card on the table making the new school of TC and LM with a population of 2200 and thus being in the area 5A district.

LaPorte could be moved once again as well as Deer Park so everything is on the table again...lol. I feel as most who know some stuff that it's gonna be a real surprise to see what "ACTUALLY" happens and we won't be voting on it I'm thinking lol.

I'm thinking that only if CCISD has five teams then will it possibly be in a six team district but probably not because 7-8 teams seems to be the norm unless "TRAVEL" problems are involved.

ClearSpringsFan
11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey Feller's,

Good Luck this week....

Thank you for your well wishes! When you compare the teams in district 24-5a side by side, they are very similar as far as the kids go. The biggest difference that I observed is how the coaches manage the talent that they have available to them.

Dickinson was a much better team than their record showed. Had the team played the entire season the way they played Springs two weeks ago, they would be in the number 2 or 3 spot rather than being eliminated from the playoffs. What was different that made the kids play at that level for one or two games this season? Dickinson lost to Clear Creek, but last week the Wildcats just lost to Clear Springs by 47-14. The Dickinson team that played two weeks ago would have owned Creek earlier in the season.

What should DISD do? Why should they remove a coach who is good, but maybe not great, at his job? (Coaches gotta eat, too!)

My LaMarque sources indicate that consolidation with Texas City ISD is likey. It is very expensive to maintain a high school that was designed for over 2000 students to serve only 600-700 students. I guess the big question is when such a merger would occur. I predict that once the kinks are worked out, the "Couga-rees" could be a major force in 5a football.

ClearSpringsFan
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
we have been told some of the # & such for next two years also & most likely Alvin & Manvel are headed over to Pasadena Schools District (Alvin used to be there before). Clear Falls is becoming 5A also so will be in our district too. Brazoswood will most likely stay put as the closer district to them (Fort Bend) is very full.

(My guess...)
Brasoswood
Clear Brook
Clear Creek
Clear Falls
Clear Lake
Clear Springs
Dickinson
Pearland

(What about Friendswood or Pearland Dawson going 5a?)

Gator4ever
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
A quick note on Dickinson and I'll stop..lol.

The coaching has always been the way it is and the head coach is a 4A coach and not a 5A coach. Sadly he does not put the effort into disciplineed football and usually takes the lazy approach to each season. Instead of having a plan he builds on what he feels works week after week and the plan is to simply to run it as if other teams coaches can't coach. He will never amount to much no matter what school he coaches at.

chargermom
11-01-2011, 08:09 PM
(My guess...)
Brasoswood
Clear Brook
Clear Creek
Clear Falls
Clear Lake
Clear Springs
Dickinson
Pearland

(What about Friendswood or Pearland Dawson going 5a?)

Dawson wont go 5A but not sure about Friendswood # but I heard it will be close.

1moreX
11-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Congratulations goes out to the future CS Chargers at Victory Lakes Intermediate. Both 7th grade A and B teams both won their District Championships yesterday with records of 8-1 each. Good job players and coaches. 8th grade plays tonight but I'm not sure if they are in the running.

Cowboy21
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
We are proud to announce Jesse Washington was nominated for the Right Guard Defensive Player of the Week award for Week Nine. Voting for this award will take place Today-Thursday so alert people to visit facebook.com/rightguard and click the Texas Football link to vote. The award will be selected this Friday and featured on Fox Sports Southwest’s Football Friday between 7:30pm – 11:30pm.

1moreX
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
It has begun.

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=71186

1moreX
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Dawson wont go 5A but not sure about Friendswood # but I heard it will be close.

I think you are right.

24-5a
Brazoswood
Dickinson
Brook
Creek
Falls
Lake
Springs
Pearland

22-5A
Deer Park - may leave
Dobie
Soho
Pasadena
Pasadena Memorial
Rayburn
Alvin
Alvin-Manvel

ClearSpringsFan
11-03-2011, 11:04 PM
It has begun.
http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=71186

Speculation is fun, but a little pre-mature. Right now, I'm a little more concerned about who will come knocking from Fort Bend county.

(Yeah...I'll be watching the Katy/Cinco game Saturday just in case... :D)

GO CHARGERS!!! I was disappointed about the lack of fight put up by the Bucs, but their band DID put on an awesome halftime show!

Yellow Oiler
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Congrats to the CS Chargers on a perfect District run. You guys pulled it together and made a statement. Job well done. You guys looked very "crisp" on tv last night. This brings up a question I have had, but was not sure how to ask it. I mean no disrespect to any Charger Fans or players so here goes:

Why was a Sophomore started over a Senior at QB at the start of the year? I know that Blackledge did not see much action as a Junior, but did Cripps truly play THAT far above him in spring drills? The minute he came into the PLand game (late 1st quarter I think), you say a different "look" from the offense. Cripps will be the heir apparent at the starting QB job next year. Prototypical FBS size QB (6'4" I think) and appears to be a very good athlete.

Like I said, I am in no way disrespecting either young man, just curious to here what CSprings fans think.

Jim

ClearSpringsFan
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
The same question has crossed my mind, but I'm sure that the coaches had their reasons. Whatever their reasons, Cripps as a sophmore gained early experience as to the level of play necessary to win at the 5a varsity level. Hopefully that experience will give him additional focus as he prepares for next year. I look forward to seeing what he will be able to do with two more years under his belt.

chargermom
11-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Congrats to the CS Chargers on a perfect District run. You guys pulled it together and made a statement. Job well done. You guys looked very "crisp" on tv last night. This brings up a question I have had, but was not sure how to ask it. I mean no disrespect to any Charger Fans or players so here goes:

Why was a Sophomore started over a Senior at QB at the start of the year? I know that Blackledge did not see much action as a Junior, but did Cripps truly play THAT far above him in spring drills? The minute he came into the PLand game (late 1st quarter I think), you say a different "look" from the offense. Cripps will be the heir apparent at the starting QB job next year. Prototypical FBS size QB (6'4" I think) and appears to be a very good athlete.

Like I said, I am in no way disrespecting either young man, just curious to here what CSprings fans think.

Jim

Great question Yellow Oiler & CSFan

There are many factors that went into why Cripps got starting qb over Blackledge. In the Pland game, Blackledge actually went in after 3rd play of game when Cripps got hurt, lucklily for us injury was not worse than it was. Blackledge has come in & done a h*** of a job for us & I couldn't be prouder of him if he was my own son. He is a great kid & wonderful friend to Zach.
Also remember, Pland game was the 1st game of the season that we had our whole oline starting & healthy. Winfield was back & playing great in fact the whole oline stepped up & have done a great job this season. You can see the huge difference from the 1st 3 games when Winfield was out, the oline did a good job but having every player in their correct positions makes a huge difference & not having to run for your life every play.

Michelle

ClearSpringsFan
11-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Zach is looking much more confident in recent games when he has got some playing time in QB role. I look forward to watching him start next year as the QB of the defending state champions! :D

griggie1969
11-05-2011, 04:34 PM
possible Clear Springs vs PAM matchup thats gonna be a war if it goes down

ClearSpringsFan
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
You can see the huge difference from the 1st 3 games when Winfield was out, the oline did a good job but having every player in their correct positions makes a huge difference & not having to run for your life every play.

Do you think changing the "magic smoke" formula in the spirit tunnel after game three might have had an impact? The cheap imported smoke can't hold a candle to the quality domestic stuff. :p I know that people credit the retrn of Winfield to the O-line for the Charger's resurrection, but I personally think it was the smoke!

1moreX
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
possible Clear Springs vs PAM matchup thats gonna be a war if it goes down

I don't think things will go well for PAM if they have skill position players playing both ways. Clear Springs will run those kids in the ground with 50 and 60 yard passing routes all night long. One thing that would work in PAM's favor is that our offense usually scores on average of about 4 plays.

The GOAT
11-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think things will go well for PAM if they have skill position players playing both ways. Clear Springs will run those kids in the ground with 50 and 60 yard passing routes all night long. One thing that would work in PAM's favor is that our offense usually scores on average of about 4 plays.No one plays both ways for us. Just make sure your d is ready when we turn up the tempo up.;) See you next week.

1moreX
11-07-2011, 01:24 PM
No one plays both ways for us. Just make sure your d is ready when we turn up the tempo up.;) See you next week.

It would be best if our defense started with a methodical pace. Typically the defense spends a lot of time on the field because the offense usually scores on average in about 4 plays. :D

ClearSpringsFan
11-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Just make sure your d is ready when we turn up the tempo up.;) See you next week.

Our defense would prefer a that you maintain a nice slow/moderate tempo, like a waltz. Please ask your QB to refrain from passing 'cause that makes them nervous.

1moreX
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
No one plays both ways for us. Just make sure your d is ready when we turn up the tempo up.;) See you next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GOAT http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?p=1875053#post1875053)
I agree.... katy basically played 7 home/vistor games
@ rhodes. I'm with you dawg, let them do some real traveling and come play against some tough teams on the road. It so different when you don't have all your fans with you @ 7 pm on a friday night 2 hours away.

While I appreciate PAM's talent this year--and it's abundance--I don't know that PAM is aware of the Katy machine. La Porte was able to wear down PAM with multiple players playing both sides of the ball and just plain old physical play. Take the LP vs. PAM game and multiply LP by 4. Now, you're facing Katy.

Y'all have the speed to use, and the talent and scheme to compete better (IMO) than LP.

Dissecting possibles against Katy (If they happen):
LP = Better kicking game. Dispute?
LP = Better running game. Dispute?
PAM = Better passing game. Dispute?
PAM = Better speed across the field. Dispute?

Defenses, I'll still say LP better, if only because of stops when things count and defensive scores. LP is more disruptive on D than PAM or Katy. The only way LP could have a chance against Katy this year (if they meet) is because this is a totally different LP team than Katy has faced in the past, and the D is one--if not the most--opportunistic in the state in 5A.

Let's see how far we can go to rep 21-5A.

Sorry. I thought LaPorte meant that they wore yall down because PAM had players playing on both sides. So LaPorte wore PAM down with LaPorte players playing both ways??

dada
11-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GOAT http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?p=1875053#post1875053)
@ rhodes. I'm with you dawg, let them do some real traveling and come play against some tough teams on the road. It so different when you don't have all your fans with you @ 7 pm on a friday night 2 hours away.

While I appreciate PAM's talent this year--and it's abundance--I don't know that PAM is aware of the Katy machine. La Porte was able to wear down PAM with multiple players playing both sides of the ball and just plain old physical play. Take the LP vs. PAM game and multiply LP by 4. Now, you're facing Katy.

Y'all have the speed to use, and the talent and scheme to compete better (IMO) than LP.

Defenses, I'll still say LP better, if only because of stops when things count and defensive scores. LP is more disruptive on D than PAM or Katy. The only way LP could have a chance against Katy this year (if they meet) is because this is a totally different LP team than Katy has faced in the past, and the D is one--if not the most--opportunistic in the state in 5A.

Sorry. I thought LaPorte meant that they wore yall down because PAM had players playing on both sides. So LaPorte wore PAM down with LaPorte players playing both ways??

Katy fans will travel....Home/Visitor....not an issue.
Glad to see Katy getting a lot of run.....but they too must play the game....nothing is set in stone.

griggie1969
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
if it happens clear springs defense gives up alot of points

1moreX
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM

This is true but we score a lot of points as well.

ClearSpringsFan
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Katy fans will travel....Home/Visitor....not an issue.
Glad to see Katy getting a lot of run.....but they too must play the game....nothing is set in stone.

I don't think that anyone at Clear Springs was intimidated by Katy crowd at Tulley in '09. My only complaint was that the visitor restrooms were NASTY!

Katy outplayed CS in the second half with their greater depth and a little motivation from the Clear Springs students who unwisely chanted, "Overrated!" as the Tigers left the field at halftime.

dada
11-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think that anyone at Clear Springs was intimidated by Katy crowd at Tulley in '09. My only complaint was that the visitor restrooms were NASTY!

Katy outplayed CS in the second half with their greater depth and a little motivation from the Clear Springs students who unwisely chanted, "Overrated!" as the Tigers left the field at halftime.

Not saying anyone was intimidated....the statement was that Katy would be rattled outside of Rhodes.
You would LOVE Tully now.....renovated......it's much nicer.

ClearSpringsFan
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM

The irony is that the team that scored the most points against the Chargers this season did not make the playoffs. Dickinson's passing game practically brought the defense to it's knees. I think that it took a couple of days of rest and visits from the school counselor to get the players over the 40 point drubbing.

Fortunately, the offense saved the day by scoring 43 points.

For the sake of sanity, should PAM and CS meet, please keep the ball low and slow.

Thanks!

1moreX
11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Not saying anyone was intimidated....the statement was that Katy would be rattled outside of Rhodes.
You would LOVE Tully now.....renovated......it's much nicer.

Dada,

I was using the entire quote from dwag82 about PAM having players going on both sides of the ball. I wasn't speaking to the part of the conversation about Katy not playing outside their stadium.

The GOAT
11-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:

Sorry. I thought LaPorte meant that they wore yall down because PAM had players playing on both sides. So LaPorte wore PAM down with LaPorte players playing both ways??Let's just say LP was extremely fotunate.;)

ClearSpringsFan
11-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Let's just say LP was extremely fotunate.;)

Hopefully fortune will shine on both the Chargers and PAM this week so that they get to meet.

Out of respect for the hundreds of hours of conditioning and practice that the kids put in, I must admit that my earlier post about post traumatic stress counseling for the defense might have been exagerated. :rolleyes:

The Charger defense may have started out the season a little rough, but they have adjusted well to their positions. We hope that you will agree in two weeks!

Pearland1
11-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I hope Springs gets to play Katy. I wll be at that game. I feel Spring can beat Katy.

1moreX
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I hope Springs gets to play Katy. I wll be at that game. I feel Spring can beat Katy.

It would be huge step forward for the program.

mossad
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
The irony is that the team that scored the most points against the Chargers this season did not make the playoffs. Dickinson's passing game practically brought the defense to it's knees. I think that it took a couple of days of rest and visits from the school counselor to get the players over the 40 point drubbing.

For the sake of sanity, should PAM and CS meet, please keep the ball low and slow.

Thanks!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Tyrell Preston, were gonna miss him!!

Wildcatter
11-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Thanks!

Went to that game and also saw the Gators play Pearland and Brook. Their defense was really weak, and they didn't even come close to stopping any of those teams. They gave up 115 pts. and over 1,200 yards. just in those 3 games.

CSChargerFan
11-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Playoff Tickets will be on sell Wednesday and Thursday during lunch and Friday from 8 am to 1 pm.

Tickets are $4-Students
$6-Adults
$8- @ Gate (All Tickets)

CHARGE IT UP!!!!!!!

1moreX
11-09-2011, 08:17 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Tyrell Preston, were gonna miss him!!

Did T. Preston get a scholarship somewhere?

beezleyb
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Let's just say LP was extremely fotunate.;)

Just like PAM was fortunate in all of the big games they won this season (NS, CV, and BWB) ;)

The GOAT
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Just like PAM was fortunate in all of the big games they won this season (NS, CV, and BWB) ;)YOU'RE A FOOL FOR THINKING SUCH FOOLISH THINGS!!!!!:p:rofl::cool:

Pearland Daddy-O
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Clear Springs, Congrates on your District Champs. We in Pearland will be always on your side when we don't have to play you. After all your coaches tough us the DEAD MAN PLAY the Wednesday before the State Championship game. GO CHARGERS :notworthy

Charger2017
11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Pearland Daddy O! You guys are definitely a class act! I agree...we are always rooting for you as well except when you're on our schedule! LOL Good luck this weekend and may we be wishing each other the same thing next week!!
GO CHARGERS!!!:heli:

ClearSpringsFan
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Clear Springs, Congrates on your District Champs. We in Pearland will be always on your side when we don't have to play you. After all your coaches tough us the DEAD MAN PLAY the Wednesday before the State Championship game. GO CHARGERS :notworthy

I'm willing the Chargers and Oilers to Dallas. If both teams make it to the State Championship, my family will have to sew Clear Springs and Pearland jerseys together for the road-trip. The west side of League City, with the possible exception of my next door neghbor who is a senior at Brook, would like to see Pearland repeat. Good Luck Oilers!

CSHSforever
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I would be ecstatic if both the Chargers and the Oilers made it to state! :heli: How cool would that be?

Yellow Oiler
11-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Remember folks, 24-5A teams won State Championships in Football and Baseball in the 2010-2011 school year. That says a lot about a district. Also, the Baseball Champs (BWood) beat a team from Northwest Houston that LIVES on select team kids. I had friends tell me that there was NO WAY for BWood to beat Klein. There are some very good to great athletes on the south side of metro Houston. They very often tend to get overlooked, but the cream does rise.......

Jim

1moreX
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree. I said something to that effect but not so nicely on the 23-5a thread. Tired of hearing to not show up because Katy or some Dallas team already had won it.

ClearSpringsFan
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I said something to that effect but not so nicely on the 23-5a thread.

:rofl:

Tired of hearing to not show up because Katy or some Dallas team already had won it.

Dallas has a football team? :eek:

:D

CSCharger Gal
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM

Ha! Good one!

Let's go Chargers!!!:)

1moreX
11-10-2011, 01:48 PM

They are all high school teams or at least play like them.

Gator4ever
11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Good luck this week feller's. Hope you rep the district to a big win.

Joe Pa and Bull tra ryme yes?

ClearSpringsFan
11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Joe Pa and Bull tra ryme yes?

Joe Pa = turned back on assistant coach raping a 10 year old boy.

Bull Tra = High school coach who failed to make the playoffs.

I don't see the comparison.

MBTex
11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Good luck Chargers!!

Go Oilers!!

Go UH Coogs!!!

1moreX
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Need to work on filling the stands. Everyone drag a nieghbor to the game.:yes:

calgontakemeaway
11-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I live in Pearland but I will be at the game cheering on the Chargers! Good luck Chargers!

patitan
11-12-2011, 04:07 PM
oh sprinngggsss.....it's your turn to get DONKEY STOMPED!! we are coming for you!!! we will eat your children and spit them out...bring it!!

bigd92
11-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Look like Our teams will meet in the second Round. I dont know much about the Chargers and would like to know who is who and keys to winning this game.

patitan
11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
they like to air it out. qb is the bread and butter here. defense is a little suspect.

griggie1969
11-12-2011, 04:43 PM
this will be a emotional game for me cause my step daughter goes to springs she plays softball but im gonna ride and die with pam, clear springs is the hottest team in the city right now will be a challenge any word of where we are playing at clear springs fans

The GOAT
11-12-2011, 04:48 PM
this will be a emotional game for me cause my step daughter goes to springs she plays softball but im gonna ride and die with pam, clear springs is the hottest team in the city right now will be a challenge any word of where we are playing at clear springs fans
Word is Baytown.

patitan
11-12-2011, 05:00 PM
hopefully a saturday. day or night.

CSCharger Gal
11-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I heard Saturday at 1pm in Baytown.

Great game CHARGERS!! :D

CSChargerFan
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=patitan;1882725]oh sprinngggsss.....it's your turn to get DONKEY STOMPED!! we are coming for
you!!! we will eat your children and spit them out...bring it!![/QUOTE

Did not know Mike Tyson lived in Port Arthur.

CSCharger Gal
11-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Need to work on filling the stands. Everyone drag a nieghbor to the game.:yes:

I brought six people with me.....family members from LaPorte. They hope to come to the next game too!

ClearSpringsFan
11-12-2011, 07:50 PM
oh sprinngggsss.....it's your turn to get DONKEY STOMPED!! we are coming for you!!! we will eat your children and spit them out...bring it!!

Dude...yer talking about a kids game. Please step away from the keyboard and take your medication.

CSChargerFan
11-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Clear Springs VS Port Arthur Memorial 1PM in Baytown Stalwart@ Stallworth stadium. Be there .

CHARGER NATION

patitan
11-13-2011, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=patitan;1882725]oh sprinngggsss.....it's your turn to get DONKEY STOMPED!! we are coming for
you!!! we will eat your children and spit them out...bring it!![/QUOTE

Did not know Mike Tyson lived in Port Arthur.

:D:yes::rofl:

patitan
11-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Dude...yer talking about a kids game. Please step away from the keyboard and take your medication.

I DID!!! next week the titans will give springs a giant dose of....wait, i might get banned :rofl:. lets just say it can come in a can lol.

1moreX
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I DID!!! next week the titans will give springs a giant dose of....wait, i might get banned :rofl:. lets just say it can come in a can lol.

If the PAM players run their mouths half as much as the PAM fans they won't be able to get a play off.

mossad
11-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Pa mem is a.dangerous team only if they can get the ball into #11,#17 and give #7 time to throw the ball, the biggest playmate that I seen was the middlelinebacker #45, he's a ballhawk also that huge line is what scares me the most for clear spring, Pam has to be ready on the outside, because clearsprings receivers are very fast on the outside and just when you think a screen is coming they will bomb you, and the qb is very good, go chargers

ClearSpringsFan
11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
This should be an interesting game. I do not expect the blow-out that some PAM posters are predicting. Both teams are very talented on the field. Both teams bring explosive offenses that face defenses that can be scored against.

I expect that this one will come down to the part of football that I like best, the cerebral battle between the coaches. The team that makes the best adjustment after halftime wins the game and gets to play again.

Unless PA Memorial can channel their inner-Gator, what Gator4Ever said to them about the Dickinson game is insignificant. Dickinson has given Clear Springs a run for their money the past three seasons, but they have never come out on top. If the Dickinson players approached their other games with the same enthusiasm that they showed against the Chargers, they would be in the playoffs. That game was a great wake-up call for the Chargers to get ready for the playoffs!

GO CHARGERS AND OILERS!!! :heli:

ClearSpringsFan
11-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Pa mem is a.dangerous team only if they can get the ball into #11,#17 and give #7 time to throw the ball, the biggest playmate that I seen was the middlelinebacker #45, he's a ballhawk also that huge line is what scares me the most for clear spring, Pam has to be ready on the outside, because clearsprings receivers are very fast on the outside and just when you think a screen is coming they will bomb you, and the qb is very good, go chargers

Thanks mossad!!! I hope that that you all get your coaching thing worked out, so the Gators can be chomping on post-season nachos next year. Like Pearland, we'll be cheering for ya'll unless we meet :eek: in the playoffs.

1moreX
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Unlike the PAM fans, I have no misgivings that this is going to be an easy game but I think it will be close one with either team being able to pull a win. CS has to eliminate the penalties and stay out of 3rd and long. We can't afford to turn the ball over at all and just play our offensive game. As for PAM's defensive front four, they look like O-linemen. They seem to move slow. They are probably great against the run but we run the spread and the QB is already 5 yards in the back field. Looks like it might take them a Happy Meal and a bus ticket to get to him. As for our O-line, we have two or three guys that are over three hundred pounds and 6'3" to 6'6". We haven't had any problems giving Blackledge time to pass all year.

Ask #7 from Dulles who our DE's are. I didn't think the kid would make to the end of the game. Carpenter is FAAASSSSSTTTT and Brinkman is at least 6'6" 265 and the basketball center. He has foot speed and agility with amazing power. Don't expect much time for the QB. If they want to double team the ends then Dallas will be more than happy to accept a one on one with their O-line.

As for Brinkman, I think he should get defensive player of the game against Dulles.

mossad
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Unlike the PAM fans, I have no misgivings that this is going to be an easy game but I think it will be close one with either team being able to pull a win. CS has to eliminate the penalties and stay out of 3rd and long. We can't afford to turn the ball over at all and just play our offensive game. As for PAM's defensive front four, they look like O-linemen. They seem to move slow. They are probably great against the run but we run the spread and the QB is already 5 yards in the back field. Looks like it might take them a Happy Meal and a bus ticket to get to him. As for our O-line, we have two or three guys that are over three hundred pounds and 6'3" to 6'6". We haven't had any problems giving Blackledge time to pass all year.

Ask #7 from Dulles who our DE's are. I didn't think the kid would make to the end of the game. Carpenter is FAAASSSSSTTTT and Brinkman is at least 6'6" 265 and the basketball center. He has foot speed and agility with amazing power. Don't expect much time for the QB. If they want to double team the ends then Dallas will be more than happy to accept a one on one with their O-line.

As for Brinkman, I think he should get defensive player of the game against Dulles.

Oh yeah you guys have a HUG offensive line also, the thing about PAM that I think will be the biggest factor is they wont give #2 the ball who is FAST 6'0 190, The reason i like Clear springs in this game is simple, coaching, PAM had La porte beat, the coaches begin to coach not to lose instead of just letting them play. He has a tendency to only throw to the right side of the field also, PAM is like Dickinson, except PAM will have their athletes on the field but they do not utilize everyone when its clutch time. The best person that i love to watch on PAM is their middle linebacker #45, you HAVE TO KEEP A BODY on him! Go Chargers!!! P.S were working that coaching thing out, when we do.......WE HAVE SOME STALLIONS IN THE STABLE GATA!!!:notworthy

CSCharger Gal
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
LET'S GO CHARGERS!!!!!!! :yes:

patitan
11-19-2011, 05:41 PM
sorry,it didn't work out for ya'll:yes:

ClearSpringsFan
11-19-2011, 05:51 PM
sorry,it didn't work out for ya'll:yes:

It came down to who scored last. Congtrats to PAM. See ya next year!