PDA

View Full Version : Our new 2000 page bill

JagFan
06-25-2010, 07:31 AM
It seems they have come to an agreement of the new financial reform bill. Minus anything on Fannie and Freddie.

My first concern is Dodds statement. Is this another bill they are not sure what is in it? Have they read this bill?

And no I have not read it, it has not been printed for release. I do get concerned when the Chairman of the Banking Committee does not know how it will work.

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/25/AR2010062500675_pf.html

rwilleby
06-25-2010, 07:53 AM
It scares the crap out of me... November, please hurry...

The King
06-25-2010, 09:38 AM
I would like to re state my idea that we need to put a fence around washington DC so that the nut jobs in their can only hurt themselves and let the rest of the country govern itself.

The King
06-25-2010, 09:39 AM
It seems they have come to an agreement of the new financial reform bill. Minus anything on Fannie and Freddie.

My first concern is Dodds statement. Is this another bill they are not sure what is in it? Have they read this bill?

And no I have not read it, it has not been printed for release. I do get concerned when the Chairman of the Banking Committee does not know how it will work.

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/25/AR2010062500675_pf.html

remeber this administration ran on more transparency.

cyfallsbooster2
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works.WHAT?!!!! But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."Oh, now it makes sense.......

^^^^

mad_fan
06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
You would think paper company stocks would be performing better...

ktCarl
06-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Who is writing these bills if Congressmen/women aren't reading them? Why does Dodd not know how the bill is going to work? Those guys didn't read the healthcare bill and now this administration is suing Arizona over a bill they haven't read. What's going on in D.C.?

JagFan
06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
You would think paper company stocks would be performing better...

I would think that if they actually printed, read, proofed, edited and reprinted. But it seems they just print and go. worry about the details later.

cougmantx
06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Who is writing these bills if Congressmen/women aren't reading them? Why does Dodd not know how the bill is going to work? Those guys didn't read the healthcare bill and now this administration is suing Arizona over a bill they haven't read. What's going on in D.C.?

Karl, it's called plausible deniablity...NOBODY wants to be held responsible for anything! This bill did not go far enough! WIMPS

HUM398
06-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Karl, it's called plausible deniablity...NOBODY wants to be held responsible for anything! This bill did not go far enough! WIMPS

maybe it went too far.

I guess it depends on which side of the isle you are sitting.

Lobbyist are writing these bills....and congress is just excepting bids for votes.

This is a joke...all i have is prayer, and in the end i know freedom will prevail.

Maroondog
06-27-2010, 04:52 PM
remeber this administration ran on more transparency.

This administration is now running on more translunacy.