PDA

View Full Version : Westlake Chaparrals

WestlakeTech
05-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I know there's not tons of us here, but there are a fair few so I thought I'd make us a Team Thread...

ok ok, so I'm also really bored.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on the season?

I think the LT game will make or break the season. But I'd expect people to be talking more about Abilene Cooper than they are. Nobody seems concerned with any game other than Lake Travis. Then again, I don't know much about them so I'm not sure whether or not to consider them a threat.

District should be Westlake's for the taking, unless Bowie plays the spoiler.

slcdragonfan
05-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I know there's not tons of us here, but there are a fair few so I thought I'd make us a Team Thread...

ok ok, so I'm also really bored.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on the season?

I think the LT game will make or break the season. But I'd expect people to be talking more about Abilene Cooper than they are. Nobody seems concerned with any game other than Lake Travis. Then again, I don't know much about them so I'm not sure whether or not to consider them a threat.

District should be Westlake's for the taking, unless Bowie plays the spoiler.

Kinda early to break the season dontcha think?

WestlakeTech
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe so, maybe not. But one game can set the tone for the other 9.

slcdragonfan
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe so, maybe not. But one game can set the tone for the other 9.

Yes it can, but see Katy 2008 for inspiration.:)

cougardude
05-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I know it's been almost 14 years ago, but I hope the Cougars can get a little revenge against the Chaps when they journey to Abilene in Week One of the season. GO COUGARS!!!

WestlakeTech
05-22-2010, 10:29 AM
How is Cooper lookin'?

Haven't heard much about y'all lately so I don't know whether or not this game should concern me. (A little upset though that we couldn't have played the game at a closer neutral site like Waco or something....)

cougardude
05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
How is Cooper lookin'?

Haven't heard much about y'all lately so I don't know whether or not this game should concern me. (A little upset though that we couldn't have played the game at a closer neutral site like Waco or something....)

Haven't heard a whole lot myself. First year back in 5A after two years in Class 4A. Hopefully Cooper will be ready to go this fall!

WestlakeTech
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Well how'd y'all do last season?

chap fan
06-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I never have thought our season depends on the nondistrict games. I can remember losing all three and still going to state semifinals. It's nice to beat teams like LT and AHS that are our neighbors (sorry Bowie, but for some reason we've always been friendlier with your fans), but those games usually have little to do with what kind of season we have.

WestlakeTech
07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I kinda think the Austin High rivalry is a bit of a joke. Do both teams hate each other? Yes. But it's an incredibly one-sided rivalry (18-2 Westlake, I think) LT is a much much younger rivalry, but it's a competitive one. Sure, Austin has sorta turned the heat on over the past few seasons. But Westlake/LT seems to mean a lot more.

cougardude
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Well how'd y'all do last season?

Cougars went 9-4 last season making it to the regional round of the 4A Div I playoffs before falling to Denton Guyer for the second year in a row in that same round. Cooper won District 4-4A at 5-0.

WestlakeTech
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Tonight's the BIG night...

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

LET'S GO WESTLAKE!

WestlakeTech
02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow. Did a really bad job keeping up with this thing. Anyway...

Still six months away from the start of the 2012 season, but it's never too early to talk Chap Football.

Between Cedar Park, Temple, A&M Cons, and Steele, who will prove to be our toughest non-district test?

Who will be our starting quarterback? Last year's back-up Carter Tomsu, or the rising star Jordan Severt?

Judson_Rockets_2012
02-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow. Did a really bad job keeping up with this thing. Anyway...

Still six months away from the start of the 2012 season, but it's never too early to talk Chap Football.

Between Cedar Park, Temple, A&M Cons, and Steele, who will prove to be our toughest non-district test?

Who will be our starting quarterback? Last year's back-up Carter Tomsu, or the rising star Jordan Severt?
Well Westlake's Schedule is No,Joke !! That's for sure. One of the things that goes with a Schedule like that is keeping the Kids healthy. Its gonna be interesting how you guys come out of that season. One thing is for certain,and that is Steele is gonna have a cake walk in their district. They should win their District and be the top dogs. Come playoffs another season starts. It will be an interesting year for the Chaps.

pro23
02-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I think we go 7-3 or 8-2 this year. Losses to Lake Travis and Steele, maybe even A&M or CP.

WestlakeTech
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, I'll try not to predict records until I've seen a spring game at least, maybe some August scrimmages. But I'd be lying if I said Steele wasn't making me nervous.

JR_2012, yeah... I'm actually a little concerned about our district record this season. Besides LT, Bowie is our biggest test in district.

Last year we had all season to prepare Bowie, who we played in Week 10. But this year they are our first district game after a very tough non-district slate. So it'll be interesting to see if we can make a statement coming into Week 4.

Random Note:
Been following Westlake Football since '05. I think Week 8 is the latest Bye Week I have ever seen us have.

bowiedawgs01
02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I think we'll give y'all a better game than last year. That was awful. I'm not prepared to predict the outcome, but I think we'll at least score. :p

WestlakeTech
02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I think we'll give y'all a better game than last year. That was awful. I'm not prepared to predict the outcome, but I think we'll at least score. :p

Probably will. Honestly, you guys earned some points last year. Gotta admit it.

But who knows? Maybe we'll have a good secondary this year... for the first time ever... :rolleyes:

titus211
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Wasn't Westlake very young at many spots with a bunch of new kids up from the JV? They should have a bunch of letter-men back this year, right?

WestlakeTech
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Right after reallignment, the Westlake Picayune posted an article talking about Westlake's schedule and upcoming season.

And Chap Nation responded... by ripping the coaching staff a new one.

Check out the comments. (http://westlakepicayune.com/2012/02/02/realignment-2012-monster-football-schedule-allman-thrilled-westlake-will-host-lake-travis/comment-page-1/#comments)

odessapermian.com
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Right after reallignment, the Westlake Picayune posted an article talking about Westlake's schedule and upcoming season.

And Chap Nation responded... by ripping the coaching staff a new one.

Check out the comments. (http://westlakepicayune.com/2012/02/02/realignment-2012-monster-football-schedule-allman-thrilled-westlake-will-host-lake-travis/comment-page-1/#comments)

May not be official, but I heard you were losing one of your coaches. Lee Rabe going to Saginaw Chisolm Trail I believe.

WestlakeTech
08-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Did anybody go to the scrimmage tonight?

Anything to report? How'd the team look?