PDA

View Full Version : Cinco Ranch RB Transfer to California?

84MDGuy
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
First time poster here on the 5A board. I have enjoyed lurking the past few seasons and have become a fan of Texas HS football. My son and I try to catch a Texas HS game when we can on Fox Sports. You all are a great bunch!

We just had some interesting news out here on a message board in Orange County California. I don't know if it is true or not but it will make our Trinity League stronger and more competitive to say the least. Can some one verify if it is true???

"KC Nlemchi out of Cinco Ranch high in Texas is transferring to Santa Margarita Catholic High School and will be enrolling in school in the next couple of weeks because his dad got a new career opportunity. I am family friends with them and he is a great kid with a huge upside. This will no doubt be a great contribution to the Santa Margarita program."

I don't know how much this transfer will hurt the Cinco Ranch program but I look forward to seeing my team, Mater Dei High School, play against him. He seems to be the real deal!

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
"career opportunity"

Its tough not to look at it because it the elephant in the room. I hope for the sake of both sides that this is a clean transfer. I know how prominent Mater Dei is out there.

yankee
02-26-2010, 10:46 PM
"career opportunity"

Its tough not to look at it because it the elephant in the room. I hope for the sake of both sides that this is a clean transfer. I know how prominent Mater Dei is out there.

:laugh

84MDGuy
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
The rumor has him going to Santa Margarita, not Mater Dei. People are going back and forth on this one out here. Nobody can confirm if it is true or not so I figured you all would know firsthand and set the record straight.

"career opportunity"

svhorns
02-26-2010, 11:00 PM
"career opportunity"

I'm not sure if you're joking or not but... KC isn't going to Mater Dei.

svhorns
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
The rumor has him going to Santa Margarita, not Mater Dei. People are going back and forth on this one out here. Nobody can confirm if it is true or not so I figured you all would know firsthand and set the record straight.

He goes to Texas Tech... forgive him please.

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure if you're joking or not but... KC isn't going to Mater Dei.

Gotcha. I saw MD and got ahead of myself.

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
He goes to Texas Tech... forgive him please.

At least I'm getting an education.

svhorns
02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
At least I'm getting an education.

:notworthy

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
:notworthy

Yep

svhorns
02-26-2010, 11:08 PM

Most of the Katy guys are asleep as they live in the a large potato growing area. Most of them are asleep by 9 and wake up around 5 or 6 am because of the brutal farming schedule. I like to call them potato heads.

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 11:14 PM

I'm sure if the Cinco guys heard anything they would spill it here first. I'm guess we'll know more tomorrow.

All I'm saying is that when an high profile prospect suddenly gets up and moves this close to his college recruitment it will raise some eyebrows. Its a very touchy subject and its the elephant in the room and no matter how much you try to ignore it. It will always come up no matter if the rumor is true or not.

KT2000
02-26-2010, 11:32 PM
"KC Nlemchi out of Cinco Ranch high in Texas is transferring to Santa Margarita Catholic High School and will be enrolling in school in the next couple of weeks because his dad got a new career opportunity. I am family friends with them and he is a great kid with a huge upside. This will no doubt be a great contribution to the Santa Margarita program."

I don't know how much this transfer will hurt the Cinco Ranch program but I look forward to seeing my team, Mater Dei High School, play against him. He seems to be the real deal!

I don't know anything about it but am in the process of finding out. Nlemchi is an outstanding player and a high level Division 1 recruit.

84MDGuy
02-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I agree with you 100%. We always get accused of recruiting in basketball so I am sure if it is true there will be people looking at everything to make sure it is on the up and up. Although the SM team has been on hard times lately they got a new high profile coach to turn the program around. He will help move them forward. You all rave about him and his stats speak for themselves. I personally hope it is true so we could see him play firsthand.

I was shocked when I saw the post. I only knew about the guy from reading the posts here on 5A. Usually the guys out here just worry about our own Trinity League or Pac 5 Divison and not Texas HS football. I can't wait to find out!=

I'm sure if the Cinco guys heard anything they would spill it here first. I'm guess we'll know more tomorrow.

All I'm saying is that when an high profile prospect suddenly gets up and moves this close to his college recruitment it will raise some eyebrows. Its a very touchy subject and its the elephant in the room and no matter how much you try to ignore it it'll always come up no matter if the rumor is true or not.

F18mustang
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I agree with you 100%. We always get accused of recruiting in basketball so I am sure if it is true there will be people looking at everything to make sure it is on the up and up. Although the SM team has been on hard times lately they got a new high profile coach to turn the program around. He will help move them forward. You all rave about him and his stats speak for themselves. I personally hope it is true so we could see him play firsthand.

I was shocked when I saw the post. I only knew about the guy from reading the posts here on 5A. Usually the guys out here just worry about our own Trinity League or Pac 5 Divison and not Texas HS football. I can't wait to find out!=

I only mention it because recruiting is common among high schools outside of Texas. I don't know how much the do it in Socal but you can't blame a guy for suspecting it. We'll see.

SLC
02-27-2010, 12:08 AM

Can you provide the link to the board?

dada
02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
If true......KC is a HECK of a player.....but CR has another decent back so it won't hurt as much.....it will sting a bit though.

dada
02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
First time poster here on the 5A board. I have enjoyed lurking the past few seasons and have become a fan of Texas HS football. My son and I try to catch a Texas HS game when we can on Fox Sports. You all are a great bunch!

We just had some interesting news out here on a message board in Orange County California. I don't know if it is true or not but it will make our Trinity League stronger and more competitive to say the least. Can some one verify if it is true???

also, do you have a link to the board?

F18mustang
02-27-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.ocvarsity.com/share/forums/?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:340e6513-075a-4194-9305-2c149908237bForum:47edbb39-3f9f-4112-933f-418f67f2924dDiscussion:d95d6cb9-1610-4371-a5da-70860fddf204

SLC
02-27-2010, 01:35 PM
also, do you have a link to the board?

Here is the link. Steeler provided it when I asked him about the situation in one of the college threads...

http://www.ocvarsity.com/share/forums/?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a340e6513-075a-4194-9305-2c149908237bForum%3a47edbb39-3f9f-4112-933f-418f67f2924dDiscussion%3ad95d6cb9-1610-4371-a5da-70860fddf204

As of last night, this was in the last post in the thread...

Sources say Santa Margarita has no knowledge of a Nlemchi (or anyone else from Texas) coming to SMCHS.

Not sure if it may have been misinformation or not, but KT is suppose to be checking on it.

84MDGuy
02-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Here is the link. Steeler provided it when I asked him about the situation in one of the college threads...

http://www.ocvarsity.com/share/forums/?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a340e6513-075a-4194-9305-2c149908237bForum%3a47edbb39-3f9f-4112-933f-418f67f2924dDiscussion%3ad95d6cb9-1610-4371-a5da-70860fddf204

As of last night, this was in the last post in the thread...

Not sure if it may have been misinformation or not, but KT is suppose to be checking on it.

Thanks for providing the link. I was at Little League ceremonies and couldn't post earlier. Interesting that the his name came out of nowhere, especially here in SoCal.

ktCarl
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Most of the Katy guys are asleep as they live in the a large potato growing area. Most of them are asleep by 9 and wake up around 5 or 6 am because of the brutal farming schedule. I like to call them potato heads.

That's Mr. Potato Head to you Buster!! :ninja:

xray10
02-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by svhorns http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?p=1473215#post1473215)

cali probably don't know the difference between rice and potatoe..or is it
patato anywho....

dada
03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Confirmed with a really really really really really REALLY reliable source that this is just a rumor....no idea how it got started, but KC will be terrorizing teams on Texas turf his Sr. season.