PDA

View Full Version : Tyrik Rollison Transferring from Auburn to Sam Houston

SLC
02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I know not too many people care about this, but I had the opportunity to see him play and still believe he is one of, if not the best QB I've seen play in Texas at the high school level.

Sucks to see a kid leave such a great university, but he had some issues back in December and it likely is tied to his desire to leave, even though his father says it isn't.

Good luck to him moving forward...

Auburn redshirt quarterback Tyrik Rollison is planning to transfer to Sam Houston State at the end of the spring semester, his father, Michael Kelly, said Wednesday afternoon.

AuburnSports.com was the first to report his decision.

The Gold Mine blogged earlier that something seemed up with Rollison because he posted on his Facebook page that he was "MOVING ON FROM AUBURN...I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO IS SUPPORTING ME.''

Rollison came to Auburn as one of the stars of the 2009 signing class. He was redshirted this past season. He was expected to compete with Cameron Newton, Neil Caudle, Clint Moseley and Barrett Trotter for the starting quarterback job in spring practice.

That apparently won't happen.

Rollison was ranked as the top dual-threat high school quarterback in the nation by Rivals when Auburn signed him. He was the national leader in total offense with 5,822 yards. He led Sulphur Springs to the Texas 4A Division II state title.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/02/auburns_tyrik_rollison_transfe.html

SLC
02-24-2010, 11:57 PM
It was also reported that he considered transferring to Tech and as much as I wouldn't have wanted to see him in red and black (for competitive reasons), I would have loved to have seen him thrive in that offense. He apparently decided against being re-united with Tubby because he didnt want to have to sit out a year.

slorch
02-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Go Kats!

might have to go see this cat play...( 43 miles up the road from me:D)