PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Longview Lobos thread - Home of the Lobo Nation***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

LoboBooster73
02-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Since Longview is one of the top 5 winningest 5A programs in Texas, thought they should be represented here.

I know we still have other message boards and live on smoaky.com, but here's another vehicle to discuss all that is Longview.

http://www.lobosfootball.com/

dragonpants
02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Since Longview is one of the top 5 winningest 5A programs in Texas, thought they should be represented here.

I know we still have other message boards http://lobosforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=161af9773447e815ab8e565a1bf91099 and live on smoaky.com, but here's another vehicle to discuss all that is Longview.

Welcome back to 5A.

LoboBooster73
02-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Welcome back to 5A.

Many of us felt like we never really left. All of the non-district opponents were 5A and our district had 2 ex-5A schools. Many of our playoff opponents were ex-5A or now 5A. The crowds were good although some of the venues were small. Now we get Mesquite schools who don't travel.

LoboBooster73
02-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Since this will be a reloading year, thought I post this film on JV QB who will be a junior for 2010 season. Deontre Wilson is in the top 100 qb list on nationalunderclassmen.com.

http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos/deontre-wilson

Not saying he will get starting nod, but he gets my vote. Although highlights are just that.

By the way, JV squad went undefeated. Had one tie to Marshall.

Bill4par
02-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Many of us felt like we never really left. All of the non-district opponents were 5A and our district had 2 ex-5A schools. Many of our playoff opponents were ex-5A or now 5A. The crowds were good although some of the venues were small. Now we get Mesquite schools who don't travel.

Rumor has it that Allen is on your schedule? Allen's schedule is not out yet, can you guys confirm? If so, will it be in Allen or back in Longview?
...you guys have a great program and are respected because you have been taught to play the game with class. 5A is where you belong!! Good luck.:notworthy

LoboBooster73
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Rumor has it that Allen is on your schedule? Allen's schedule is not out yet, can you guys confirm? If so, will it be in Allen or back in Longview?

2010 Varsity Football Schedule
Aug. 20 - Hallsville (scrimmage)
Aug. 27 - at Marshall
Sept. 3 - John Tyler
Sept. 10 - at Allen
Sept. 17 - at Lufkin
Sept. 24 - Abilene (Kimbrough Stadium in Plano)
Oct. 1 - OPEN
Oct. 8 - Mesquite (Green Out)
Oct. 15 - Mesquite Horn (Homecoming)
Oct. 22 - at North Mesquite
Oct. 29 - Tyler Lee (Senior Night)
Nov. 5 - at Desoto

Also, note location of game w/ Abilene. Haven't confirmed whether we're hometeam, but would assume since this game was originally scheduled at Lobo Stadium. Season ticket holders shafted again.

LoboFan07
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Is it August yet? Go Bos!

LoboBooster73
03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Aaron Johnson has been selected to play in the THSCA All-Star game. This is the fifth year in a row that a player from Longview HS has had that opportunity. The game will be played Tuesday, July 20, at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Bill4par
03-13-2010, 06:10 PM
2010 Varsity Football Schedule
Aug. 20 - Hallsville (scrimmage)
Aug. 27 - at Marshall
Sept. 3 - John Tyler
Sept. 10 - at Allen
Sept. 17 - at Lufkin
Sept. 24 - Abilene (Kimbrough Stadium in Plano)
Oct. 1 - OPEN
Oct. 8 - Mesquite (Green Out)
Oct. 15 - Mesquite Horn (Homecoming)
Oct. 22 - at North Mesquite
Oct. 29 - Tyler Lee (Senior Night)
Nov. 5 - at Desoto

Also, note location of game w/ Abilene. Haven't confirmed whether we're hometeam, but would assume since this game was originally scheduled at Lobo Stadium. Season ticket holders shafted again.

Wow, that is some September for you guys :Censor:!! Good luck with that. Make sure your buses got an extra fuel bladder!

wolfpack4life
04-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Since this will be a reloading year, thought I post this film on JV QB who will be a junior for 2010 season. Deontre Wilson is in the top 100 qb list on nationalunderclassmen.com.

http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos/deontre-wilson

Not saying he will get starting nod, but he gets my vote. Although highlights are just that.

By the way, JV squad went undefeated. Had one tie to Marshall.
The QB position will be the most heated battle this Spring.

Deontre Wilson is a great QB..but 2 others are also great. Peter Robertson and Blain Tomlinson are also guys to look after. Peter plays WR now..but he played QB until he was moved to Varsity..and did an heck of an Job. Blain Tomlinson brings speed and quickness to the table..he had more snaps on varsity at QB then both Robertson(because he started out wide) and Wilson. I dont know if people remember...but Blain threw an TD in the waxahachie game..that really impressed me.

Cant wait until Question marks are answered in the spring.

LoboBooster73
04-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Cant wait until Question marks are answered in the spring.

Speaking of Spring, when does spring football begin and when is Green/White game?

LoboBooster73
04-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Understand that offensive line coach, Brett Smith may be leaving. How will this impact Lobos? Anyone heard of a possible replacement?

wolfpack4life
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Speaking of Spring, when does spring football begin and when is Green/White game?
I have no clue man...

I havent heard anything about it.

wolfpack4life
04-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Understand that offensive line coach, Brett Smith may be leaving. How will this impact Lobos? Anyone heard of a possible replacement?
Coach Smith will really be missed. Your not gonna find to many O-Line coaches that can make an undersized O-Line block to perfection.

I haven't heard anything about the replacement..but I hope he will be good.

wolfpack4life
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Spring football begins May 3rd.

LoboBooster73
04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Spring football begins May 3rd.

That would put Green/White game around May 21st. Perfect!

LoboBooster73
04-20-2010, 06:19 AM
From Smoaky.com:

"Former Longview High School and Pine Tree High School football coach Clint Humphries passed away on Thursday at the age of 69. Humphries was 21-9-1 as head coach at Longview from 1971-1973, and remained athletic director until the late-80's. He became head coach at Pine Tree and went 15-25 in four-years with the Pirates. Humphries was also a former member of the Longview I.S.D. school board. He is survived by his wife Nancy, and son Randy. He is also survived by three grandchildren."

Humphries was coach of the Lobos when LISD finally fully integrated more than 15 years after the Supreme Court's ruling that declared segregation within schools unconstitutional. When Coach Humphries arrived with his staff in 1971, he possessed experience teaching at integrated high schools, but he was not prepared for what awaited him. Police were stationed throught the campus and fights broke out regularly at the four-way stop in the center of the campus. He told his players, "There is no black and white. There is only green and white." Many parents took their kids out of the system. He changed the colors from kelly green and white to forest green and white, and added gold. He told the black players, it was to add a part of their history from Womack (Mary C. Womack, the previous all-black high school).

30 of the incoming 40 seniors quit during the '71 season. Most left because of Humprhies high-intensity military training style. The Lobos only won 3 games that year, but Humphries repeatedly pounded the motto "Only the strong survive." In 1972, the Lobos went 10-0, won district and went to the Cotton Bowl to face Plano. Plano had played 23 playoff games, winning 19 of them. Longview's previous playoff game was in 1967 when the lost to Richardson. Plano defeated Longview 27-0.

Five weeks later, the district approved a bond for a new Longview High School. The bond passed easily. Including 1972, the Lobos have since had 35 winning seasons and 20 district titles. Humprhries was a part of that growth. He challenged kids from different backgrounds and cultures to put aside their differences and prejudices and allow themselves to be a part of something special.

LoboBooster73
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
From Washington Post Sports Blog, regarding Trent Williams (#4 in 2010 NFL draft):

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/04/trent_williamss_high_school_co.html

LoboBooster73
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Exerts from Trent Williams meeting with Washington media:

"What is this about Longview High School that has the Redskins so enamored? Who do they pick next year?
You know we got a running back coming out of Texas. I don’t think the Redskins have a running back need right now, but who knows.

Longview, Texas, is Dallas Cowboys territory, right?
Right.

They’ve got to change their allegiance now?
They might have to. They might have to hang a couple Redskins flags across the city of Longview."

I don't know about the Redskins flags, but if they draft Vondrell next year, might have to re-think that.

wolfpack4life
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Exerts from Trent Williams meeting with Washington media:

"What is this about Longview High School that has the Redskins so enamored? Who do they pick next year?
You know we got a running back coming out of Texas. I don’t think the Redskins have a running back need right now, but who knows.

Longview, Texas, is Dallas Cowboys territory, right?
Right.

They might have to. They might have to hang a couple Redskins flags across the city of Longview."

I don't know about the Redskins flags, but if they draft Vondrell next year, might have to re-think that.
Vondrell was "arguably" the best RB to ever walk through the halls of Longview.

I must admit, I thought he would be an all star in college. Perhaps his biggest problem was because he went to Texas where there were already alot of RB's waiting to start.

I hope he gets to start next year..but I doubt it after his latest inccident.:(

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/21/texas-rb-mcgee-suspended-game-dwi-arrest/

LoboBooster73
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Vondrell was "arguably" the best RB to ever walk through the halls of Longview.

I must admit, I thought he would be an all star in college. Perhaps his biggest problem was because he went to Texas where there were already alot of RB's waiting to start.

I hope he gets to start next year..but I doubt it after his latest inccident.:(

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/21/texas-rb-mcgee-suspended-game-dwi-arrest/

I don't know if it's so much the stable of backs or the situations those backs were put into at TEXAS by the offensive coordinator (Greg Davis). TEXAS has been running pre-dominately out of zone read or spread since Vince Young. The only back during that era that had any continued success was Jamaal Charles. Now I hear that they may allow Gilbert to operate more from under center which should benefit backs that haven't run out of spread in high school (Whaley, McGee, Whittaker). I think McGee #s are decent when you look at the situations he was put into. Early he was a short yardage back, but still has more yards per attempt than either Newton or Whittaker. He also has more TDs and longer runs from scrimmage. That being said, I think there are other factors causing him playing time (Greg Davis). I don't think the latest event will help him, but it could awake the beast in him. I think this year, it will be more of the Whaley show, with all 3 other backs (Newton, Whittaker & McGee) seeing limited action. Hills should also get some looks. Therefore, all need to seize the opportunities that arise. Ultimately, it will be the Traylon Shead show and Whittaker and Newton will see little action (especially if TEXAS is able to recruit Malcom Brown), but McGee will be gone by the time that happens. The fact that Newton does well as a receiver out of the backfield at TEXAS says more about their lack of finding a quality TE than anything. Normally that is the last option.

McGee
Stats Overview Rushing Receiving Fumbles
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2007 75 297 4.0 38 8 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2008 88 376 4.3 21 4 9 49 5.4 14 0 0 0
2009 56 300 5.4 51 2 8 37 4.6 12 0 0 0

Whittaker
2008 64 284 4.4 21 0 10 51 5.1 19 0 0 0
2009 53 212 4.0 23 4 13 51 3.9 17 0 0 0

Newton
2009 116 552 4.8 45 6 14 108 7.7 25 0 0 0

P.S. I know some of my comments will probably rile the SLC crowd, but I'm not belittling their program or players, I'm just assessing players and their productivity in given schemes.

LoboFan07
05-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Major late on it, but congrats to Trent on getting selected.

I busted out lol'ing when I realized it was Washington who took him.

:rofl:

One thing can be assured. There will be more Redskin fans in Longview than in any other place in the State.

LoboBooster73
05-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Just heard that Chris Ivory signed as undrafted free agent with the New Orleans Saints. Good luck to Chris. Only a legitimate powerhouse could put that many players into the pros.

I hope that there is some good local coverage of spring football in Longview. A back-to-back state title contender deserves it.

wolfpack4life
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Just heard that Chris Ivory sihned as undrafted free agent with the New Orleans Saints. Good luck to Chris. Only a legitimate powerhouse could put that many players into the pros.

I hope that there is some good local coverage of spring football in Longview. A back-to-back state title contender deserves it.
Your a little late there...but it's all good;)

That 05' team really showed up in this draft. Surprised not to Adrian Reese or Cody Williams not go pro though:cool: Those guys where monsters in High High School and went to play D1 ball for A&M and Tech.

LoboBooster73
05-04-2010, 06:16 AM
2010 Spring Football - Day 0

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/sports/article_ef3ed71a-7dd4-5b41-a60f-1d65a4559c13.html

LoboBooster73
05-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Excited to hear how Eric Hawkins and Donterius Jackson are doing at WR. Maybe, the best WR tandem in the state.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/...Hawkins-109990

http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/...-Jackson-98733

wolfpack4life
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Excited to hear how Eric Hawkins and Donterius Jackson are doing at WR. Maybe, the best WR tandem in the state.

I haven't been able to see Eric Hawkins in Spring Drills yet due to track, But Donterius Jackson is really beasty. Eric is obviously pretty good, I mean he runs a 4.34..and he is only a sophmore!

wolfpack4life
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Analyzing the offense.. first week of spring practice.

QB position:
I can not give a good conclusion to who deserves to be our starting QB for 2010, because they both are that good. LaDarrin Robertson(6'3 215) is probably the most heavily reruited player on the team. Most people knows him as a Wideout the past 2 years, but he played QB as a freshman. This is typical at Longview, because all Qb's here go through it (Aaron Johnson for example). He has showed good Power and Accuracy this week. He isn't the quickest when he scrambles, but its his power that is getting him by. Blain Tomlinson(5'10 170) isn't the tallest QB, but he sure is a playmaker(some compare him to 05' QB..Carlin Freeman). There is no way to desribe him..except that he throws like Carlin, but runs like Aaron. I don't mind either one of them to start..because who ever doesn't get the QB job..will play WR. Both are also good at that.

RB/FB position:
Jhaston Faggans(5'10 170), Dakota Anthony(5'6 160), DaCoreyan Blackenship(5'8 190) are all beasty at RB and FB. I expect them to be similar to our former 3 headed horses..McCray, Hunt and Shaw. All hit the whole very quick and have good speed.

WR Position:
As noted in the QB position, Blain Tomlinson and LaDarrin Robertson have been getting reps at both QB and WR. They both are doin great at WR, but there are 3 other WR's who are really good, but I haven't been able to participate in spring for reasons such as track. Eric Hawkins(5'11 177) runs a 4.34 as a sophomore..and was really a force on JV this year. Same story with DT Jackson(6' 175). Both WR have D1 looks. The other WR is Javorous Poole(5'8 160)...who saw more time at varsity WR than any of the three WR's.

TE Position:
Brandon Olson(6'3 220) and Dmarjai Devine(6'4 190) will be a force at TE. The both block real well, and catch real well.

The O-Line:
CJ Green(6'5 290) anchors the O-Line. He and the o-line have been blocking with alot of heart this whole week.

wolfpack4life
05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Analyzing the defense... first week of spring practice.

Note: This has been the best defense I have seen at least since the 04' team.

The D-Line:
As every knows, We lost all Dlinemen this year. Thomas Jones(6' 200) has made the move from LB to DE. He has really been doing great. Britton Eastburn(6'1 220) has been having issues with his back..but he is expected to be the other DE. Clark Orren(6'2 220) and Joseph Wilson(6'4 230) are expected to take the inside..and both have been getting to the QB real quick.

LB Core:
Diop Johnson(5'8 170), Cameron Jones(5'11 190) and Anthony Wiley(6'2 205) have really been laying licks on those RB's. Expecting big things from them.

Secondary:
Joe Brown(5'10 180) is really something special. I sure feel sorry for any individual that runs his way...ill leave it at that. He also is being heavily recruited according to scout.com. Other people that have been good are Jordan Burton(6'1 180)..who had D1 intentions according to Rivals.com. The two corners expected to start next year are Brian Tomlinson (5'10 175) and Ja Quale Darden(5'9 170) haven't been able to catch Darden in action, due to track.(He made state BTW)..but I have managed to catch Brian Tomlinson and action and he has been doing real good. Stick to Wideouts real good.

LoboBooster73
05-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Is Deontre Wilson getting any reps at QB? I think it would be terrible to leave him on JV his junior year and not be exposed to varsity competition if even as a backup. I would really like to see Lobos QB position set for next two seasons, but if Wilson doesn't earn it then so be it. I don't think neither Robertson nor Tomlinson will be recruited at the QB position.

wolfpack4life
05-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Is Deontre Wilson getting any reps at QB? I think it would be terrible to leave him on JV his junior year and not be exposed to varsity competition if even as a backup. I would really like to see Lobos QB position set for next two seasons, but if Wilson doesn't earn it then so be it. I don't think neither Robertson nor Tomlinson will be recruited at the QB position.
I'm with you man, I want to see Deontre at QB too, but he has been getting reps at WR, and he is doing good. I think that he should start at QB for several reasons. His size 6' 205 as pretty decent for a QB. He is also top 100 on the nationalunderclassmen.com list. If he played QB, you could put both Robertson and Tomlinson out wide...and they both are effective out wide.

LoboBooster73
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Have you seen anything of note on 2 transfers: Shannon Polk (RB from Kilgore) and Anthony Jimmerson (CB from PT)?

LoboFan07
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the updates wolfpack4life.

Is Robertson a junior or senior?

If he's a senior, I'm all for letting Wilson take the reigns the next two seasons.

LoboBooster73
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM

If he's a senior, I'm all for letting Wilson take the reigns the next two seasons.

Robertson, as well as, Tomlinson are both class of 2011.

wolfpack4life
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Have you seen anything of note on 2 transfers: Shannon Polk (RB from Kilgore) and Anthony Jimmerson (CB from PT)?
Yes. Shannon Polk is ok, but not as an effective runner as Jhaston Faggans and Dakota Anthony. JaQuale Darden has been out due to track, so Jimmerson has been feeling in. He has good size to him. There are also 2 other transfers that I know of..I don't really know his name, but he is a wideout out of Monroe La..and Dustin Williams, a SS from Maine.

wolfpack4life
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the updates wolfpack4life.

Hey Lobobooster..

I saw Deontre Wilson get his first reps at QB today and I must say..He is a true playmaker. Im all for him for QB based off what I witnissed today. I believe Wilson(6' 205) should start QB..while Robertson(6'3 215) and Tomlinson(5'10 170) go out wide.

LoboBooster73
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey Lobobooster..

I saw Deontre Wilson get his first reps at QB today and I must say..He is a true playmaker. Im all for him for QB based off what I witnissed today. I believe Wilson(6' 205) should start QB..while Robertson(6'3 215) and Tomlinson(5'10 170) go out wide.

I agree. King is all about playing upperclassmen unless talent purely neccesitates otherwise. If Wilson clearly upstages Robertson and Tomlinson, then he should get the starting nod. Just think of the possibilities with a back-up QB at WR. If we had played our best passer in title game, we might not still be listening to crap about not winning since FDR.

Give each ample opportunities and let the best man win, regardless of class, parent influence, etc. The team, the school and the fan base deserve no less.

wolfpack4life
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree. King is all about playing upperclassmen unless talent purely neccesitates otherwise. If Wilson clearly upstages Robertson and Tomlinson, then he should get the starting nod. Just think of the possibilities with a back-up QB at WR. If we had played our best passer in title game, we might not still be listening to crap about not winning since FDR.

Give each ample opportunities and let the best man win, regardless of class, parent influence, etc. The team, the school and the fan base deserve no less.
Farmer fan is killing me on that:yes:

LoboBooster73
05-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Farmer fan is killing me on that:yes:

Don't get baited by that pompous scottie2 wannabee. Anybody that posts over 26K times is obviously full of themselves and unemployed. Like I said before, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks of Longview or East Texas, but themselves.

IMO, Titles are as much a product of bracketing as they are about excellance. They are equally determined by your district, your region and the UIL. The state title that Longview does have, regardless of how old it is, was played when there were no classes. Best in state was truely the best in state.

I'l get responses on my comments, but refuse to be baited.

LoboFan07
05-11-2010, 07:31 AM
If we had played our best passer in title game, we might not still be listening to crap about not winning since FDR.

And I'm amazingly still not over it.

I've never felt this way about a game before. Sure I've felt we should've won a game YEARS later (I still think we should have won the 04 game against Lufkin for example)....but I'm still torn inside about that State Title game. Everytime I see a mention of it, every single feeling that I had that night that kept me off the internet for close to 3 weeks comes right back like it had never left.

Pretty sure I'm going to be hurt by that game until I die. Crazy what football does to ya.

I'm in the process of getting the rest of the games that I didn't get during football season so that I can start uploading them onto the Youtube....and I am major league dreading watching that LT game over again.

LoboBooster73
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
And I'm amazingly still not over it.

I've never felt this way about a game before. Sure I've felt we should've won a game YEARS later (I still think we should have won the 04 game against Lufkin for example)....but I'm still torn inside about that State Title game. Everytime I see a mention of it, every single feeling that I had that night that kept me off the internet for close to 3 weeks comes right back like it had never left.

Pretty sure I'm going to be hurt by that game until I die. Crazy what football does to ya.

I'm in the process of getting the rest of the games that I didn't get during football season so that I can start uploading them onto the Youtube....and I am major league dreading watching that LT game over again.

My wife left our seats before the game and without my knowledge bought a commemorative T-shirt with both team helmets displayed. She didn't give it to me till the next day. Never worn it and probably never will. The damn thing hangs in the closet taunting me like some of these F-ing posters on here. Should burn the damn thing!

farmerfan
05-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Don't get baited by that pompous scottie2 wannabee. Anybody that posts over 26K times is obviously full of themselves and unemployed. Like I said before, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks of Longview or East Texas, but themselves.

Titles are as much a poduct of bracketing as they are about excellance. They are equally determined by your district, your region and the UIL. The state title that Longview does have, regardless of how old it is, was played when there were no classes. Best in state was truely the best in state.

fail

fail

fail.

so it does matter what we think?

Not being able to win titles is as much about making excuses as being good enough to finish the job.

RP-3
05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes. Shannon Polk is ok, but not as an effective runner as Jhaston Faggans and Dakota Anthony. JaQuale Darden has been out due to track, so Jimmerson has been feeling in. He has good size to him. There are also 2 other transfers that I know of..I don't really know his name, but he is a wideout out of Monroe La..and Dustin Williams, a SS from Maine.

Hey Wolf keep us updated on Shannon. He is my nephew and I am curious if will he adapt to Lobo football. I was hoping he would get moved to another position because of the depth at running back.

wolfpack4life
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM

IMO, Titles are as much a product of bracketing as they are about excellance. They are equally determined by your district, your region and the UIL. The state title that Longview does have, regardless of how old it is, was played when there were no classes. Best in state was truely the best in state.

I'l get responses on my comments, but refuse to be baited.
Trust me booster, I don't believe anything Farmer ever post..because he doesn't know anything. How do I know? These are comments made by the idiot himself:

"Longview was scared to play John Curtis this year."

" Longview's current schedule only has two teams that are worthy opponents"

" He called useless scared to play against an out of state team"

And last but not least..

"LONGVIEW IS NOT A POWERHOUSE"

LoboBooster73
05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Trust me booster, I don't believe anything Farmer ever post..because he doesn't know anything. How do I know? These are comments made by the idiot himself:

" He called us scared to play against an out of state team"

And last but not least..

Longview not traveling to play JC was more about economics than anything. Our district schedule alone is probably doubling last year's travel budget. Plus we don't need a non-district road game. We're playing only four home games. Also, if we were scared, what's that make the other 250 odd Texas 5A teams who won't come into LOBO Stadium?

wolfpack4life
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Longview not traveling to play JC was more about economics than anything. Our district schedule alone is probably doubling last year's travel budget. Plus we don't need a non-district road game. We're playing only four home games. Also, if we were scared, what's that make the other 250 odd Texas 5A teams who won't come into LOBO Stadium?

Exactly.

farmerfan
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM

" He called useless scared to play against an out of state team"

And last but not least..

If you are going to use my name at least be accurate with it. Never said Longview was scared of playing against OOS competition. Just said they ran scared when Curtis called them for a game in Baton Rouge.

Still waiting to hear about this killer competition that Longview played.

I laugh everytime you bring up John Curtis. John Curtis at least had the guts to bring their show to Longview. It's a shame that Longview ran scared when Curtis asked them to come down to River Ridge.

Where did I say only 2 teams on Longviews schedule are worthy opponents? I said non-district but don't let the facts escape you. I stand by that too. JT has not been consistent enough to be called a power or elite, Marshall is a good team and thats it. Lufkin is a team who has been going home early from the playoffs for the last 5 years. That's hardly killer competition compared to the rest of the state

So let me ask you this, when John Curtis called to ask you to come play them at their home, what did your coach say? That's what I thought. Instead he schedules a cupcake at home in Natchitoches Central. Funny though, they turn down a chance to go down to the Bayou. Why do you think that was? What was Natchitoches Central anyway, 1-9?

Outside of Abilene and Allen in the non-district portion I am not really impressed. John Tyler hasn't been consistent lately and Marshall and Lufkin are hardly powers anymkore either

LoboFan07
05-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Never said Longview was scared of playing against OOS competition. Just said they ran scared when Curtis called them for a game in Baton Rouge.

I would've liked to repay them for driving up here, honestly, but the past 2 years and this year especially...it just doesn't make sense from our end.

As said earlier, the travel budget is going to be huge this season. And it just doesn't make sense for us to add even more ridiculous travel when we have 3 regional teams willing to play us (unlike 08 when JT backed out on us).

Where did I say only 2 teams on Longviews schedule are worthy opponents? I said non-district but don't let the facts escape you. I stand by that too. JT has not been consistent enough to be called a power or elite, Marshall is a good team and thats it. Lufkin is a team who has been going home early from the playoffs for the last 5 years. That's hardly killer competition compared to the rest of the state

I think what makes it a bigger game is that all 3 games are rivalry games. Granted it's not like we can schedule a Abilene or Allen type team every single game (not like we haven't tried to in the past).

Losing all of our players from last season, we get to face Marshall and John Tyler that also lost a ton from last season. I have no idea what Lufkin has coming back, but I'm sure they'll be back with talent (obviously nothing like their early 2000 days). All three are definitely worthy opponents though.

farmerfan
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I would've liked to repay them for driving up here, honestly, but the past 2 years and this year especially...it just doesn't make sense from our end.

As said earlier, the travel budget is going to be huge this season. And it just doesn't make sense for us to add even more ridiculous travel when we have 3 regional teams willing to play us (unlike 08 when JT backed out on us).

I think what makes it a bigger game is that all 3 games are rivalry games. Granted it's not like we can schedule a Abilene or Allen type team every single game (not like we haven't tried to in the past).

Losing all of our players from last season, we get to face Marshall and John Tyler that also lost a ton from last season. I have no idea what Lufkin has coming back, but I'm sure they'll be back with talent (obviously nothing like their early 2000 days). All three are definitely worthy opponents though.

It's not anything that Highland Park doesn't face though and in light of the discussion about worhty opponents, one knocked HP while praising their own schedule and when you really look at it, Longview doesn't play the killer scheudle that one of your posters and another are making it out to be when compared to the program that was referred to as a joke

LoboFan07
05-12-2010, 01:12 PM
It's not anything that Highland Park doesn't face though

You're kidding right?

Last season, Highland Park played...Red Oak, Frisco Liberty, Coppell, and Newman Smith.

How is that in anyway even comparable to Marshall, JT, Lp, Allen, and Abilene?

Red Oak/Frisco Liberty is definitely not on par with Marshall/JT/Lp. I'll give you that Coppell and Newman Smith are/were good teams but they are still a step under Allen and Abilene.

LoboBooster73
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
You're kidding right?

Last season, Highland Park played...Red Oak, Frisco Liberty, Coppell, and Newman Smith.

Red Oak/Frisco Liberty is definitely not on par with Marshall/JT/Lp. I'll give you that Coppell and Newman Smith are/were good teams but they are still a step under Allen and Abilene.

Can't put Smith into mix. They were in HP's district last year. By the way, Smith should romp in their district this year based on what they returning and the fact that they're in with Frisco schools. Coach Reesa is grinning like a cheshire cat.

LoboFan07
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Can't put Smith into mix. They were in HP's district last year. By the way, Smith should romp in their district this year based on what they returning and the fact that they're in with Frisco schools. Coach Reesa is grinning like a cheshire cat.

Whoops. Well that's even worse then.

wolfpack4life
05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
It's not anything that Highland Park doesn't face though and in light of the discussion about worhty opponents, one knocked HP while praising their own schedule and when you really look at it, Longview doesn't play the killer scheudle that one of your posters and another are making it out to be when compared to the program that was referred to as a joke
:rofl:

wolfpack4life
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
You're kidding right?

And he says Longview doesn't play a killer schedule..:rolleyes:

farmerfan
05-12-2010, 11:24 PM
You're kidding right?

Remind me again, what exactly is it about Marshall that makes them this killer team/program? Other than being from East Texas of course.
Last year, Longview did not play Abilene so please do not compare this years schedule to a team from another year. However, I believe Abilene along with Allen were two of the teams I did say were actually legit. The only people who think Marshall is legit seem to be from Eas Texas. Marshal.. You have to be kidding me there :rofl::rofl::rofl:
LP is a prennial early round exit playoff team. Hardly anything from going bannas over. JT had one good year last year, what had they done prior to that again? Please.

farmerfan
05-12-2010, 11:25 PM
And he says Longview doesn't play a killer schedule..:rolleyes:

LP and Marshall are legends only the in eyes of you it seems. What is it about Lufkin that makes them a killer on the schedule again? Marshall? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LoboFan07
05-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Remind me again, what exactly is it about Marshall that makes them this killer team/program?

Where did I say that they were a killer team?

All I suggested was that I would take any one of John Tyler, Marshall, or Lufkin up against Frisco Liberty or Red Oak.

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 05:58 AM
The Marshall/Longview rivalry is storied (100 games & counting). I know Marshall really gets up to play Longview. I give cred to a school that produced probably the greatest high school football player in the history of Texas high school football. I guess that rivalry pales in comparison to the HP/Bishop Lynch match-up.

And regardless of what Lufkin has done lately in the playoffs, playing Lufkin at Abe Martin is no easy task. Just like playing Longview at Lobo Stadium has proven to be no easy task.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Where did I say that they were a killer team?

All I suggested was that I would take any one of John Tyler, Marshall, or Lufkin up against Frisco Liberty or Red Oak.

Of course you would. They come from East Texas. We all know East Texas plays the absolute best footbal lin the entire country or world or universe for that matter.

I would take Coppell over all 3 of those teams you mentioned.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 07:38 AM
The Marshall/Longview rivalry is storied (100 games & counting). I know Marshall really gets up to play Longview. I give cred to a school that produced probably the greatest high school football player in the history of Texas high school football. I guess that rivalry pales in comparison to the HP/Bishop Lynch match-up.

And regardless of what Lufkin has done lately in the playoffs, playing Lufkin at Abe Martin is no easy task. Just like playing Longview at Lobo Stadium has proven to be no easy task.

Spare me on the whole "rivalry" crap, Marshall is not a great football team, Lufkin has proven that they are average or just above average too. Highland Park by playing Bishop Lynch has proven they can go undefeated in 4A and bring home a title. How did that work out for Longview? That's what I thought.

wolfpack4life
05-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Of course you would. They come from East Texas. We all know East Texas plays the absolute best footbal lin the entire country or world or universe for that matter.

I would take Coppell over all 3 of those teams you mentioned.
I only agree with you on one thing, Coppell would murder Marshall..but not JT or especially Lufkin.

wolfpack4life
05-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Spare me on the whole "rivalry" crap, Marshall is not a great football team, Lufkin has proven that they are average or just above average too. Highland Park by playing Bishop Lynch has proven they can go undefeated in 4A and bring home a title. How did that work out for Longview? That's what I thought.
How many games did Lewisville win?

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM

Don't know what your definition of great or good or elite or premier or what is? And not that I really give a rat's assssss, but Marshall does have history. http://www.etsupersite.com/districtchampions.html Quite a few playoff appearances and even a recent 5A State Championship, something, according to you that any team must have to even be considered in your status of anything. But I'm sure you'll find a way to belittle that program, also.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I only agree with you on one thing, Coppell would murder Marshall..but not JT or especially Lufkin.

Where did I say murder again?

Didn't. Coppell would beat Lufkin and would given JT a whale of a gamelast year. How did Longview do against JT last year? That's right, they didn't play.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
How many games did Lewisville win?

You keep bringing up Lewisville. Intersting. They won 2 games, what's your point?

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Don't know what your definition of great or good or elite or premier or what is? And not that I really give a rat's assssss, but Marshall does have history. http://www.etsupersite.com/districtchampions.html Quite a few playoff appearances and even a recent 5A State Championship, something, according to you that any team must have to even be considered in your status of anything. But I'm sure you'll find a way to belittle that program, also.

20 years is recent? :rofl:

The kids who are currently attending Marshall HS have never seen the Mavericks win a state title :rofl:

Marshall also has history on their side as beingon the other side of one of the most lopsided title games in the history of this state

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM

The kids who are currently attending Marshall HS have never seen the Mavericks win a state title :rofl:

Marshall also has history on their side as beingon the other side of one of the most lopsided title games in the history of this state

What does that matter? The kids at HP have not seen HP win a state title, either. The kids at Lewisville High didn't see them win a title, neither. What does it matter?

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Didn't. Coppell would beat Lufkin and would given JT a whale of a gamelast year. How did Longview do against JT last year? That's right, they didn't play.

Wrong again. Longview & JT scrimmaged.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
What does that matter? The kids at HP have not seen HP win a state title, either. The kids at Lewisville High didn't see them win a title, neither. What does it matter?

So the kids at Highland Park that are playing football are 5 years or younger? Dang that's even more impressive that they are the winngest program all time since they are playing against guys 3x their age.

I also don't recall refering to Lewisville as a powerhouse

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Wrong again. Longview & JT scrimmaged.

I forogt. Only in Longview do scrimmages count. Did you guys make a shirt for this one too? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I forogt. Only in Longview do scrimmages count. Did you guys make a shirt for this one too? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't say anything about winning or losing. It was a scrimmage. But it happened. Hell, HP counted their spring game as a game that their last year's starting QB had to sit out after he was arrested on DUI to meet school mandated penalties.

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
So the kids at Highland Park that are playing football are 5 years or younger? Dang that's even more impressive that they are the winngest program all time since they are playing against guys 3x their age.

I also don't recall refering to Lewisville as a powerhouse

HP won 4A DI in 2005. That would make even this year's senior in middle school, right? Not in HS as you referenced when belittling Marshall. Maybe at HP they get and extra year or two of eligibility:confused:

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 12:28 PM

HP won 4A DI in 2005. That would make even this year's senior in middle school, right? Not in HS as you referenced when belittling Marshall. Maybe at HP they get and extra year or two of eligibility:confused:

So in your attempt to prove me wrong you actually proved yourself wrong. :rofl: When and where did I say they had to be in HS? I didn't. I simply eluded to them being "alive".

The kids at HP have seen the Scots win a state title. The kids who are currently at Marshall have not. That is unless they allow 20-22 year olds to attend school there.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Didn't say anything about winning or losing. It was a scrimmage. But it happened. Hell, HP counted their spring game as a game that their last year's starting QB had to sit out after he was arrested on DUI to meet school mandated penalties.

So you didn't play JT?

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
So you didn't play JT?

Not in an officiated game. But a game is a competitive activity governed by a set of rules, as is a scrimmage. All semantics.

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 12:45 PM

And Euless Trinity got beat 52-0 in 1992 by Converse Judson. So now you're belittling that program. :eek:

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Not in an officiated game. But a game is a competitive activity governed by a set of rules, as is a scrimmage. All semantics.

You guys are hilarious.

Now you have to try to explain away well we played them but we didn't but we did. Was a score kept and reported that went on an official record? No. So you DIDN'T PLAY them. But then again it's tough explaining scrimmages to Longview people. They get excited and print shirts when they "win" a scrimmage against Lufkin:rofl::rofl::rofl:

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
And Euless Trinity got beat 52-0 in 1992 by Converse Judson. So now you're belittling that program. :eek:

Please show me how stating what I did about Marshall, Longview, Lufkin or any other program on here is 'belittling"? Euless Trinity in 1992 had a very fortunate draw in the playoffs. They were not a very good football team as their 4-6 record in the regular season indicated. Judson exposed that and showed them too.
But if stating facts is belittlign then maybe you guys need to stay behind your pine trees and forget about the rest of the state and world because it's pretty harsh out therei f you can't hanlde the truth

LoboBooster73
05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
You guys are hilarious.

Now you have to try to explain away well we played them but we didn't but we did. Was a score kept and reported that went on an official record? No. So you DIDN'T PLAY them. But then again it's tough explaining scrimmages to Longview people. They get excited and print shirts when they "win" a scrimmage against Lufkin:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did I miss out on a shirt? Don't remember booster club printing and selling that one :confused:

I look at it a different way. If they charge admission, then it was played.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Did I miss out on a shirt? Don't remember booster club printing and selling that one :confused:

I look at it a different way. If they charge admission, then it was played.

I guess you did miss out on a shirt. After the '04 season there were shirts printed with the scimmage score on it. Who does that?

Also, who charges admission for scimmages?

mighty
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM

longview and JT played in a scrimmage last yr. JT handled them and you could tell that if it was a real game JT would have won kinda big

wolfpack4life
05-13-2010, 07:26 PM
longview and JT played in a scrimmage last yr. JT handled them and you could tell that if it was a real game JT would have won kinda big
For someone named mighty, your MIGHTY dumb. Longview won the scrimmage in a close one. JT didn't handle nothing. JT hasn't beat Longview in anything football related in Idk how long.

wolfpack4life
05-13-2010, 07:52 PM
You keep bringing up Lewisville. Intersting. They won 2 games, what's your point?
What's my point you say?

Lewisville got 460 points scored on them last year and only scored 147 points. Avg?

Your defense got an average of 46 points scored on them..while your offense scored AVG of 14 points a game. Pathetic.

Marshall even had better stats. There are several points to me bringing up Lewisville.

1. You come on here and bash a POWERHOUSE, so your team must do better?

2. You say there is only 2 teams on our schedule that are worthy opponents..I guess it would be better if we played Lewisville? The team who won 2 games last year with luck. LOL

3. You keep bringing up Coppell..so you obviously like bringing up other teams that has nothing to do with this conversation, so I say..let's talk about Lewisville..the team who got a total of 460 points scored on them.

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 08:33 PM
For someone named mighty, your MIGHTY dumb. Longview won the scrimmage in a close one. JT didn't handle nothing. JT hasn't beat Longview in anything football related in Idk how long.

Anybody else see the irony in the bolded statement? :rofl::rofl:

farmerfan
05-13-2010, 08:36 PM
What's my point you say?

Lewisville got 460 points scored on them last year and only scored 147 points. Avg?

Your defense got an average of 46 points scored on them..while your offense scored AVG of 14 points a game. Pathetic.

Marshall even had better stats. There are several points to me bringing up Lewisville.

2. You say there is only 2 teams on our schedule that are worthy opponents..I guess it would be better if we played Lewisville? The team who won 2 games last year with luck. LOL

3. You keep bringing up Coppell..so you obviously like bringing up other teams that has nothing to do with this conversation, so I say..let's talk about Lewisville..the team who got a total of 460 points scored on them.

Sir, are you blind? Can you read? I will ask you to do one thing, go back and pull up the quote of me saying Longview only has 2 teams on their schedule that are "worthy" opponents. When you find it, post it and let us know. Ok?

Actually, you are the one who brought me into this discussion when you said I said something about schedules that I never said. Your posters then got into discussing other teams so I addressed their concers. The common denominator is I never brough Lewisville up unless one of your fans did first. The one thing I can say though is I have seen Lewisville raise a state championship in my lifetime. What about you in regards to Longview?

grayowl60
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
:heli: Farmer you need to start a thred on teams thst have been CLOSE;)

farmerfan
05-14-2010, 12:47 AM
What's my point you say?

Once again, see the bolded. The irony of you calling somebody else dumb is killing me man.

As for bashing a "powerhouse" I am not aware of bashing Katy or Trinity or Abilene or Carroll or Highland Park or Celina on this thread. Please show me where I have bashed a "powerhosue"

farmerfan
05-14-2010, 12:48 AM

That just kills me.

I didn't think powerhosue programs would brag about "winning" scrimmages :rofl::rofl::rofl:

mighty
05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
longview did not beat jt for one ! it was a tie 3-3 longview back ups scored most of their points. JT was unstoppable that scrimmage. cant believ u r on here yappin lies.:rolleyes: come on man. longview was a good 4a team. thats it. wouldnt have did much in 5a playoffs IMO

mighty
05-14-2010, 09:06 AM
That just kills me.

I didn't think powerhosue programs would brag about "winning" scrimmages :rofl::rofl::rofl:
they didnt win that scriimmage anyway. JT starters whooped them

mighty
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
what the world:eek:. i had this wierd message on my screen when i tried to log in earlier. i think i was confused with anouther person that logs in

grayowl60
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
That just kills me.

Seems I remember some team having T shirts made celebrating a scrimmage one year.:eek:

farmerfan
05-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Seems I remember some team having T shirts made celebrating a scrimmage one year.:eek:

I seem to remember the same thing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

wolfpack4life
05-15-2010, 08:52 AM
That just kills me.

No one is bragging about winnig a scrimmage. This was in regards to your dumb statement about how Longview didn't play JT this past year..in which you obviously didn't know what you were talking about..but when do you?
It was also in regards to the MIGHTY dumb poster..who THOUGHT that JT killed us in a scrimmage..when that was clearly a false statement.

The only person that should even be bragging about scrimmages is you Farmer, considering scrimmages are the only wins that come to Lewisville:rofl:(If that)

Im always going to remember 2 funny statistics..2 wins..and 460 points.;)

farmerfan
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
No one is bragging about winnig a scrimmage. This was in regards to your dumb statement about how Longview didn't play JT this past year..in which you obviously didn't know what you were talking about..but when do you?
It was also in regards to the MIGHTY dumb poster..who THOUGHT that JT killed us in a scrimmage..when that was clearly a false statement.

The only person that should even be bragging about scrimmages is you Farmer, considering scrimmages are the only wins that come to Lewisville:rofl:(If that)

Scrimmages don't count. The fact that you are counting that is beyond hilarious. It must be a Longview thing though :rofl:

2 wins and 460 points and still have twice as many state championships as Longview and a winning record in title games. I'll take that over Longviews history anyday of the week

LoboBooster73
05-16-2010, 04:08 PM

Eric Hawkins comes in 4th in State 4A 100 yd Dash and 3rd in 200 yd Dash. He accounted for 10 of Longview's 18 points.

wolfpack4life
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Scrimmages don't count. The fact that you are counting that is beyond hilarious. It must be a Longview thing though :rofl:

2 wins and 460 points and still have twice as many state championships as Longview and a winning record in title games. I'll take that over Longviews history anyday of the week
Farmer my boy, 2 wins and 460 points never even made the playoffs..so how could they have a winning record in title games, much less have twice as many state championships as Longview?
:yes: Classic.

I bet Longview's trophy case the last 2 years is worth a lot more than Lewisville's trophy case since there existence.

farmerfan
05-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Farmer my boy, 2 wins and 460 points never even made the playoffs..so how could they have a winning record in title games, much less have twice as many state championships as Longview?
:yes: Classic.
I bet Longview's trophy case the last 2 years is worth a lot more than Lewisville's trophy case since there existence.

For somebody who has referred to others as dumb, you sure do play the part well.

Let's see here

1972 - Uvalde 33 Lewisville 28 - Lewisville 0-1 in title games
1993 - Lewisville 43 Aldine MacArthur 37 - Lewisville 1-1 in title games
1996 - Lewsville 58 Converse Judson 34 - Lewisville = 2-1 in title games for a winning percentage of .666%

Longview
1937 - Longview 19 Wichita Falls 12 - Longview =1-o
1997 - Katy 21 Longview 3
2008 and 2009, Lake Travis more than Longview. Longview title game record = 1-3 for a winning percentage of .250%

2 is twice as many as 1. Lewisville has 2 titles and Longview has 1.

grayowl60
05-17-2010, 08:16 AM
For somebody who has referred to others as dumb, you sure do play the part well.

Let's see here

1972 - Uvalde 33 Lewisville 28 - Lewisville 0-1 in title games
1993 - Lewisville 43 Aldine MacArthur 37 - Lewisville 1-1 in title games
1996 - Lewsville 58 Converse Judson 34 - Lewisville = 2-1 in title games for a winning percentage of .666%

Longview
1937 - Longview 19 Wichita Falls 12 - Longview =1-o
1997 - Katy 21 Longview 3
2008 and 2009, Lake Travis more than Longview. Longview title game record = 1-3 for a winning percentage of .250%

2 is twice as many as 1. Lewisville has 2 titles and Longview has 1.
WAY too many facts?;)

farmerfan
05-17-2010, 08:20 AM
WAY too many facts?;)

I think wolfpack is clearly in high school. which is ok. he is passionate about his Lobos and can't fault him there, he just has no clue how the world works outside of the Piney woods

mighty
05-17-2010, 09:18 AM

no that wasnt a false statement. what is false is how you are misleading what i said by making it seem like i was saying JT blew them out by the score. no they didnt because the back-ups had to play to. JT\s starters could not be stopped offensively that game. again you could easily tell that JT would have won in pretty fasion had it been a real game.

wolfpack4life
05-18-2010, 07:19 PM
no that wasnty a false statement. what is false is how you are misleading what i said by making it seem like i was saying JT blew them out by the score. no they didnt because the back-ups had to play to. JT\s starters could not be stopped offensively that game. again you could easily tell that JT would have won in pretty fasion had it been a real game.
But only managed to score once:yes:

wolfpack4life
05-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Eric Hawkins comes in 4th in State 4A 100 yd Dash and 3rd in 200 yd Dash. He accounted for 10 of Longview's 18 points.
Eric Hawkins dressed out for the 1st time this week...and man he blows by those defenders so well. He hardly drops a ball, unless the ball is simply thrown poorly.

Also, another RB has been really impressive. Khody Hubbard(5'8 180) has really been doing well..seems like another re-make of Keylon Shaw.

LoboBooster73
05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Eric Hawkins dressed out for the 1st time this week...and man he blows by those defenders so well. He hardly drops a ball, unless the ball is simply thrown poorly.

Also, another RB has been really impressive. Khody Hubbard(5'8 180) has really been doing well..seems like another re-make of Keylon Shaw.

Is QB spot still open? Has anybody looked markedly better? How's Wilson doing?

Attended Allen's Spring game. I know 7 on 7 is still to come, but now they are looking at 4 QBs. #26 (left hander) looks better at this point, #2 has potential, #10 also WR, and #11. Better WR for them are #84 and #14. Better TBs are #7 and #32. #21 and #20 also got looks. OL/DL once again look good sized averaging above 230. Punting needs alot of work and kickoffs will never touch endzone with a big wind behind them. Defense is better at this point. Not much team speed.

LoboBooster73
05-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Trent Williams Day:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12473488&wwparam=1274269668

mighty
05-19-2010, 09:19 AM
But only managed to score once:yes:
false, jt's first stringers scored 2 or 3 times:yes:longview starters scored once

wolfpack4life
05-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Is QB spot still open? Has anybody looked markedly better? How's Wilson doing?

Attended Allen's Spring game. I know 7 on 7 is still to come, but now they are looking at 4 QBs. #26 (left hander) looks better at this point, #2 has potential, #10 also WR, and #11. Better WR for them are #84 and #14. Better TBs are #7 and #32. #21 and #20 also got looks. OL/DL once again look good sized averaging above 230. Punting needs alot of work and kickoffs will never touch endzone with a big wind behind them. Defense is better at this point. Not much team speed.
They are still constantly trying him out wide and letting Robertson and Tomlinson get snaps, while Tomlinson goes out wide on some occasions.

Robertson has been the only QB getting full time snaps.

IMO Deontre Wilson is the way to go. If he doesn't get the Job, thats a big mistake.

LoboBooster73
05-20-2010, 10:26 PM
They are still constantly trying him out wide and letting Robertson and Tomlinson get snaps, while Tomlinson goes out wide on some occasions.

Robertson has been the only QB getting full time snaps.

IMO Deontre Wilson is the way to go. If he doesn't get the Job, thats a big mistake.

I agree. It's a waste to only have him starting one year in varsity. But with what LV has at WR, maybe it doesn't matter. Whoever throws the better deep ball should be back there since I see Hawkins getting behind the secondary quite alot.

LoboFan07
05-21-2010, 06:05 AM
King said his team — particularly the offense — has not had a good spring, especially this past week.

"It's been a bad week. We've taken some steps backwards," King said. "There are four areas of concern: inconsistency in our lineup, missed assignments, a lack of effort and a lack of leadership."

For those that have been out there, has it really been THAT bad?

I can't really remember King ever really slamming a team of his like that before, so it caught me way off guard when I read that this morning.

O and just fyi, Wilson isn't even mentioned in the paper today when it comes to starting QB...unlike Robertson and Tomlinson.

wolfpack4life
05-21-2010, 03:55 PM
For those that have been out there, has it really been THAT bad?

I can't really remember King ever really slamming a team of his like that before, so it caught me way off guard when I read that this morning.

O and just fyi, Wilson isn't even mentioned in the paper today when it comes to starting QB...unlike Robertson and Tomlinson.
Caught that this morning in the LNJ. Yes Robertson and Tomlinson are getting the most publicity...but you have to see this QB in person.

Heck he isn't one of the national top 100 underclassmen athletes for nothing. He probably could have been the first PURE QB to go D1 since Joel Armstrong(Aaron was an athlete). I doubt that will happen, now that he will only get to see one year starting at QB.

LoboBooster73
05-22-2010, 07:28 AM
I also saw article in LNJ and viewed Spring game yesterday. Was really impressed with Robertson as a runner. Has a punishing style. The reps that Wilson had were better than Tomlinson's. He threw a good deep ball that probably would have been caught if they would have been playing on a better surface. I was really impressed with Faggins. That kid is a burner. Also, will run through tacklers. I think what is needed now is 7 on 7. Anybody heard if and where Longview is competing?

I would also suggest that the slackers and or key players attend DeSoto Spring game next week. That would bring them back to realiazation that nothing is given to you unless you earn it. At this point though, Longview is ahead of Allen.

wolfpack4life
05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I also saw article in LNJ and viewed Spring game yesterday. Was really impressed with Robertson as a runner. Has a punishing style. The reps that Wilson had were better than Tomlinson's. He threw a good deep ball that probably would have been caught if they would have been playing on a better surface. I was really impressed with Faggins. That kid is a burner. Also, will run through tacklers. I think what is needed now is 7 on 7. Anybody heard if and where Longview is competing?

I would also suggest that the slackers and or key players attend DeSoto Spring game next week. That would bring them back to realiazation that nothing is given to you unless you earn it. At this point though, Longview is ahead of Allen.
Perhaps the most shocking thing about the spring game was the offense alone. They didnt really have a good Spring in the passing game, but that improved in the spring game. Shannon Polk looked like DaCedrick Hunt...he is a bruiser. Our running game is nothing to worry about..5 headed sharks running the ball in Dakota Anthony, Jhaston Faggans, Khody Hubbard, Shannon Polk, and DeCoreyan Blakenship...Jhaston and Shannon playing RB, while the others split time at FB.(Although Dakota Anthony plays both positions).

There are alot of head hunters on defense..Ill leave it at that.:D

wolfpack4life
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM
BTW..Coach Baugh(Offensive Coordinator) has left Longview for a Head Coaching Job at Gladewater.

Damn..what a loss.

LoboBooster73
05-23-2010, 05:57 PM
BTW..Coach Baugh(Offensive Coordinator) has left Longview for a Head Coaching Job at Gladewater.

Damn..what a loss.

I agree. Thought he might be King's replacement if King moved up when Collins eventually retired.

Best of luck to Coach Baugh!

wolfpack4life
05-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Longview QB LaDarrin Robertson(6'3 215) gets offer from Texas Tech.:heli::notworthy

http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/football/recruiting/player-LaDarrin-Robertson-84640

wolfpack4life
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I agree. Thought he might be King's replacement if King moved up when Collins eventually retired.

Best of luck to Coach Baugh!
Im also hearing that we are losing Berry, Lindsey and Langford to Gladewater. Lindsey will most likely be the new Head Coach of the baseball program at Gladewater.

As much as I would love to be happy and give congrats to these coaches..I just cant:cool:

It just keeps getting worse....

LoboBooster73
05-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Im also hearing that we are losing Berry, Lindsey and Langford to Gladewater. Lindsey will most likely be the new Head Coach of the baseball program at Gladewater.

As much as I would love to be happy and give congrats to these coaches..I just cant:cool:

Give it time to shake out. Coaches are nomads. Longview is a program that will not have a hard time attracting quality replacements. Does it hurt cohesiveness? Yes. Will it hurt in the long run? Only time will tell.

LoboBooster73
05-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Attended DeSoto spring game 5/28. Only spring game I've ever been to that charges admission ($3). Also, had PA system. But were not calling names, only numbers. And at this point, there were alot of duplicate #s.

Ryan Polite (#7) has a good arm. Has instinct of when to step up in pocket and can throw 40+ yards on the run. Throws rather than run, but does have quickness. Might be one of best QBs in DFW. Easily as good as Walsh at Guyer or McDaniel at Coppell. Did overthrow alot on deep routes, but he's got all summer to work on timing with receivers.

Cameron White (#1) is very good. Advertised at 4.4, but not sure he's that fast. He does have very good hands though. Made a catch over his right shoulder going down right sideline that was exceptional.

Has some very good TBs. #17 and #2 were very quick. #7 was also very good to outside. #31 was best inside runner.

Backup QB was #11. Better runner than Polite, but definite drop when he's in. Other QB #8 got no reps.

OL/DL are big, but there's alot of table weight on some players. Good LB that blew up plays sometimes. However, I do think this team can be run on.

K Manuel Contreras #10 may be the best kicker I've seen recently. Good height on PATs. Good from 40+ yards on FG. He never kicked off although.

One last thing. Stadium is nive sized. 10K dbl decked on home side. However, visitor side is about 4500. I figure band/drill team will eat up one section which leaves about 3800 for fans. Good parking on visitor side, but small street in from Hampton with 4-way stop before stadium. About 8 miles south of I-20. Right on Eagle. Best place to eat is Ojeda's about 1/2 mile south of I-20 on Hampton on the right going to stadium.

LoboBooster73
05-30-2010, 04:40 PM
New field and track pictures:

http://www.lobosfootball.com/2009lobostadium.htm

The parking lot north of visitor stands is poured.

LoboBooster73
06-06-2010, 09:36 AM

All positions now have been supposedly filled except maybe the head freshman coach that wasn't named:

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/article_bf2fd671-d110-5ce4-afc4-bac9a36c0144.html

wolfpack4life
06-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Bump:D

wolfpack4life
06-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Longview QB LaDarrin Robertson(6'3 215) gets offer from Texas Tech.:heli::notworthy

http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/football/recruiting/player-LaDarrin-Robertson-84640

Robertson gets two more offers...Baylor and Illinois.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4107151

LoboBooster73
06-19-2010, 10:13 AM
The Lobos Forum has changed. I don't believe it has been updated on LobosFootball.com yet, but link has been updated on initial post in this thread on page one. The old forum has been deleted.

LoboBooster73
07-01-2010, 05:15 PM

Damn..what a loss.

King and Collins have brought in some quality replacements for losses in coaching staff. Very pleased with additions so far.

http://news-journal.com/sports/article_d18a18e4-8455-11df-8021-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story

LoboBooster73
07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Lobos worthy of personalized plates @ MyPlates.com, just like Southlake Carroll! I find that funny:yes:

http://www.lobosfootball.com/2010licenseplates.htm

LoboBooster73
07-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Timetable on completion of lighting upgrades at Lobo Stadium in question:

http://www.lobosfootball.com/2010continued.htm

wolfpack4life
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Timetable on completion of lighting upgrades at Lobo Stadium in question:

http://www.lobosfootball.com/2010continued.htm
I feel confident that the Lights and Track will be fully finished by the time the season starts, If the rain lights up.

The only thing you have to question now, is whether the visiting teams will be able to use locker rooms.

LoboBooster73
07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Longview News-Journal:

Longview Lobo football camp set

The Longview Lobo Football Camp will be held Aug. 4-6 at Lobo Stadium. It is open for incoming first- through ninth-graders. The camp will run from 8 a.m. to noon each day.

Always like to see this because it means 2-a-days will be week after for Freshman/JV/Varsity. :)

LoboBooster73
07-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Aaron Johnson featured in tonight's (7/20) THSCA All-Star game in San Antonio:

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_1111ba5f-5219-548e-baca-0c80070b9fb7.html

Can be viewed on FSSW+

7:30 p.m. High School Football: Texas High School Coaches All-Star Game (Live on FOX Sports Plus. DirecTV ch. 680 and Dish Network ch. 451. Check local cable system for availability in your market.)

Or can be viewed live on streaming video at:

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/streaming

LoboBooster73
07-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Aaron Johnson had an outstanding game! Caught almost everything thrown his way, plus 2 TDs and against fellow all-stars. Confirmed my belief that things might have been different had he been allowed to play more WR during last year's state title game. :(

Would've been this game's MVP had coach Bob Shipley spent a little more time on special teams coaching.:mad: Always thought Shipley was an overrated coach. More interested in garnering TV time than anything. IMO, only reason he coached in this game was because of his connection to FSSW.

wolfpack4life
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM
LaDarrin Robertson commits to Tech.:D

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/article_146e59d8-9a57-11df-883d-001cc4c002e0.html

LoboBooster73
07-29-2010, 06:03 AM
LaDarrin Robertson commits to Tech.:D

Good for "Petey"!

He can hook-up with Chris Knighton.

Tell him to give a shout out to my 2 daughters there.

wolfpack4life
07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Good for "Petey"!

He can hook-up with Chris Knighton.

Tell him to give a shout out to my 2 daughters there.
He chose Tech over colleges such as Alabama and Oklahoma.

Tech really showed interest in him. During Spring Drills, I remember Tech scouts consantly coming.

LoboBooster73
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Abilene game included in season ticket package.

Longview will occupy the HOME side of Kimbrough Stadium.

Season ticket holders were issued general admission tickets for this game. This makes me believe that no reserved seat tickets will be sold for this game. However, season ticket holders are guaranteed a seat for what may be a highly desirable attraction.

LoboBooster73
08-05-2010, 06:35 AM
TXA 21 in DFW will replay Longview @ Allen at 11:00PM the night of the game (Sept 10)

The Miramar, FL vs DeSoto game is the next day for any scouts out there.

LoboBooster73
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
The Longview/DeSoto game will also be tape-delayed by TXA 21 @ 11pm.

http://www.dallasnews.com/membercontent/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3af7bdc49e-6ed1-4fb6-9936-cd4864bced64Forum%3a8551de5f-8868-49d3-b321-31f715eb1d08Discussion%3aafa9e9b5-64af-428f-acbb-f0e775b95e13

LoboBooster73
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Longview has six ranked opponents on its schedule. Coach King thinks it should be seven.

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_6ab8cde1-020d-56f1-b962-04ab73f3a13f.html

wolfpack4life
08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
The Longview/DeSoto game will also be tape-delayed by TXA 21 @ 11pm.

http://www.dallasnews.com/membercontent/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3af7bdc49e-6ed1-4fb6-9936-cd4864bced64Forum%3a8551de5f-8868-49d3-b321-31f715eb1d08Discussion%3aafa9e9b5-64af-428f-acbb-f0e775b95e13
Direct TV holder. You think I will be able to watch the Allen or DeSoto games?

LoboBooster73
08-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Direct TV holder. You think I will be able to watch the Allen or DeSoto games?

I had Direct TV at one point, but had set-up to get local stations in DFW market so it wasn't a problem. But, now on Verizon FIOS and TXA 21 isn't a problem, but ESPN 2 is. Had to watch THSCA game on streaming video from internet. I know TXA 21 has that available also.

http://www.webtvlist.com/pages/finance.asp?url=http://cbs11tv.com/&name=CBS+11+%2F+TXA+21

I will be on-hand at each game and then DVR them both. Then watch next day again.

Oh, and by the way, I'm going to go ahead a predict a Longview victory in Allen.

LoboBooster73
08-09-2010, 05:58 AM
The 2010 season starts today!

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_5ff044fe-4b46-59f9-a694-d0cbdea87cdd.html

wolfpack4life
08-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I had Direct TV at one point, but had set-up to get local stations in DFW market so it wasn't a problem. But, now on Verizon FIOS and TXA 21 isn't a problem, but ESPN 2 is. Had to watch THSCA game on streaming video from internet. I know TXA 21 has that available also.

http://www.webtvlist.com/pages/finance.asp?url=http://cbs11tv.com/&name=CBS+11+%2F+TXA+21

I will be on-hand at each game and then DVR them both. Then watch next day again.

Oh, and by the way, I'm going to go ahead a predict a Longview victory in Allen.
People really believe we lost alot. I love it.:D

LoboBooster73
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
People really believe we lost alot. I love it.:D

Not as much as Allen lost. Plus we retained something that Allen desparately needs......team speed.

I'll go ahead and predict a CHILL victory vs Allen, also.

Lobo9498
08-10-2010, 12:29 PM
I feel confident that the Lights and Track will be fully finished by the time the season starts, If the rain lights up.

The only thing you have to question now, is whether the visiting teams will be able to use locker rooms.

I wonder if the entire school will be ready for the beginning of the year. Any updates on the lights? I have seen no work or changes in the lights from previous years.

wolfpack4life
08-10-2010, 10:53 PM
I wonder if the entire school will be ready for the beginning of the year. Any updates on the lights? I have seen no work or changes in the lights from previous years.
The field is done, but God only knows why the lights have yet to be worked on.

I've heard from reliable sources, that school for Longview High may start late, not due to the add on's to the school, but due to the renovations being done to the main part of the school.

wolfpack4life
08-10-2010, 10:53 PM
BTW, the indoor is coming along great.:D

bigdaddydog
08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Not as much as Allen lost. Plus we retained something that Allen desparately needs......team speed.

Man ya'll are just dogging us!! :D

I've been saying all along we could very likely drop two of our non district games so I won't fight your predictions. What I will predict is that there may be a few surprises for those who think Allen has no speed. :D

See ya'll in a few weeks and drive safe now!

~

LoboBooster73
08-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Man ya'll are just dogging us!! :D

I've been saying all along we could very likely drop two of our non district games so I won't fight your predictions. What I will predict is that there may be a few surprises for those who think Allen has no speed. :D

See ya'll in a few weeks and drive safe now!
~

Not dogging, just makin' assessment based on attending your spring game.

Was impressed with TBs #32 & #7. And WRs #84 and #14.
Thought Pierce #26 was better QB although undersized. Morris #2 is probably the choice, but not a dual threat. I believe he threw 2 picks also. Defense looked good, but usually does in spring. Punter line drived alot which could spell return-city.

But thought CHILL and Longview were much quicker even without players involved in track at that time.

Should be a good game and lookin' forward to it.

LoboBooster73
08-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Longview-Hallsville scrimmage moved to Hallsville

A football scrimmage between Longview and Hallsville on Aug. 20 has been to moved to Hallsville's Bobcat Stadium.

The scrimmage was originally to be held at Lobo Stadium, but Longview ISD Director of Extracurricular Activities Pat Collins said he is not 100 percent sure the stadium will be ready. Extensive construction was done on Lobo Stadium in the offseason. The construction forced Longview's soccer teams to play their home games at their grass-field facility this past season while Longview's track and field team was unable to practice on the stadium's track this past spring.

Collins said Lobo Stadium will be ready by Aug. 27, when it hosts a neutral-site game between Texas High and Vidor. Longview plays its first home game of the 2010 season against John Tyler on Sept. 3.

bigdaddydog
08-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Not dogging, just makin' assessment based on attending your spring game.

Was impressed with TBs #32 & #7. And WRs #84 and #14.
Thought Pierce #26 was better QB although undersized. Morris #2 is probably the choice, but not a dual threat. I believe he threw 2 picks also. Defense looked good, but usually does in spring. Punter line drived alot which could spell return-city.

But thought CHILL and Longview were much quicker even without players involved in track at that time.

Should be a good game and lookin' forward to it.

Watching the Spring game I would think the same things as you. I was not impressed with the Eagles at any of our last 3-4 Spring games. Even 2008.

I'm thinking spring was last year and now it's a new year. I know Chill and Longview are quicker. We'll just have to wait a few mor weeks to see how it all plays out.

Cheers,:)

~

LoboBooster73
08-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Ex-Lobo head coach Robert Bero ('88-'99) hired as assistant at Gilmer (3A)

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111391&pid=1393894&mode=threaded&start=#entry1393894

Bero coached Longview's '97 State Finals team.

wolfpack4life
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Longview-Hallsville scrimmage moved to Hallsville

A football scrimmage between Longview and Hallsville on Aug. 20 has been to moved to Hallsville's Bobcat Stadium.

The scrimmage was originally to be held at Lobo Stadium, but Longview ISD Director of Extracurricular Activities Pat Collins said he is not 100 percent sure the stadium will be ready. Extensive construction was done on Lobo Stadium in the offseason. The construction forced Longview's soccer teams to play their home games at their grass-field facility this past season while Longview's track and field team was unable to practice on the stadium's track this past spring.

Collins said Lobo Stadium will be ready by Aug. 27, when it hosts a neutral-site game between Texas High and Vidor. Longview plays its first home game of the 2010 season against John Tyler on Sept. 3.
The field is finished. The only thing they haven't started on is lighting, and work is being done inside the pressbox.

LoboBooster73
08-12-2010, 07:18 PM
The field is finished. The only thing they haven't started on is lighting, and work is being done inside the pressbox.

That figures that what has been needed the most and the longest gets the last attention. :(

wolfpack4life
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
That figures that what has been needed the most and the longest gets the last attention. :(
They took down the lights yesterday.:D

LoboBooster73
08-13-2010, 12:01 PM
They took down the lights yesterday.:D

Outstanding! I estimated that the timeframe involved with this workscope was short because existing standards could be re-utilzed and was a matter of updating light fixtures themselves. Pretty close to a plug-n-play.

wolfpack4life
08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Outstanding! I estimated that the timeframe involved with this workscope was short because existing standards could be re-utilzed and was a matter of updating light fixtures themselves. Pretty close to a plug-n-play.
The new lighting is going up right now. The home side lighting is just about done.

LoboBooster73
08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
NO EXCUSES, NO EXPLANATIONS

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12989489

LoboBooster73
08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
For the Love of the Game:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12750539

LoboBooster73
08-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Ex-Lobo, Chris Ivory shines in Saints camp:

http://www.ktbs.com/sports/24491167/detail.html

LoboBooster73
08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
We're almost there!

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12958883

http://www.ketknbc.com/sports/friday-football-fever/longview-lobos

wolfpack4life
08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
NO EXCUSES, NO EXPLANATIONS

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12989489
Love the motto.

wolfpack4life
08-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Lobobooster, you're just on top of everything.;)

Good to have you as a fellow Lobo.

LoboBooster73
08-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Lobobooster, you're just on top of everything.;)

Good to have you as a fellow Lobo.

Thanks for the props.

I am consumed by Lobo football. Can't wait to plant my arse in my 50yd line seat.

Saw the new varsity roster. Quite a few number changes. Quite a few names I'm unfamilar with. Probably up from JV, but some SR names also that weren't there last year.

LoboBooster73
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Longview scrimmages Hallsville (4A) tonight @ 7pm in Hallsville.

Focus will be on OL and DL with a few new wrinkles.

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_bfcd9e4d-c784-5e9d-bd41-ded0d5a5a105.html

LoboBooster73
08-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Lobos' Robertson Impresses in Scrimmage

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_dae9ed4c-a945-5a7a-9bf8-8ee0d40732f0.html

wolfpack4life
08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Lobos' Robertson Impresses in Scrimmage

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_dae9ed4c-a945-5a7a-9bf8-8ee0d40732f0.html
Saw it in the paper this morning, also attended the scrimmage.

The passing game looked very sharp. This is the sharpest I've ever seen from the Lobos. Period. For the first time in a while, Longview won't rely on that "go to" reciever. We actually have a core this year, and everyone of them are quick, fast and knows how to catch. (Not to mention the two tall TE's we have). 2 of the wideouts are on Rivals.com (Eric Hawkins6'1 175, DT Jackson 6'2 180). Eric recently attended a UT camp, and impressed the coaches. Not to mention, he runs a 4.34 40.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1098385
DT Jackson had a good showing also. Don't believe he had a dropped pass.
LaDarrin Robertson did a great job at QB. He spreaded it out everywhere. He has great pocket presence, and with his 6'3 205 frame, he has great vison also. If he continues his succesful leadership, IMO, as far as pure QB, he could be the best QB that King has coached at Longview.

Maybe Tech should let him get some passing reps as well.;)

The O-lineman did good, especially on pass blocking. Running blocking was ok, but running the ball wasn't as effective. (Portially, because star RB JHaston Faggans didn't play, due to a knee injury). But there were good runs. There certainly is alot of depth at RB.

Now, the defense. I wasn't really impressed with the D-Line and LB corp. They may have just had a bad night, but I've seen better through practices and spring. The secondary did well. Even though 100 yards of passing was givin' up, the safeties Joe Brown and Jordan Burtan still managed to get two picks.

LoboBooster73
08-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Marshall Running Game Shines in Scrimmage

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/sports/high_school/article_920338e4-ad46-11df-811b-001cc4c002e0.html

Week 0

Are you ready for some football?

http://www.etsupersite.com/

LoboFan07
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
First time I'm missing the Marshall game since the early 90s. Hoping it doesn't bring a curse.

Sounds like the underclassmen are hammering them.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Longview vs. Marshall

100th meeting

One of the most storied rivalries in the country, if not the most storied in Texas high school football.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/article_f48b30de-01c5-55f8-8af3-b682ebe8e9b3.html

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/sports/article_acc23108-b1dd-11df-a906-001cc4c002e0.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5595726/longest_rivalries_in_texas_high_school_pg2.html?ca t=14

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Really good first drive of the season until they got inside the 10. I'll take it though. 3-0 'Bos.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Gag. Was he really untouched? 78 yarder for the Mavs. Not pretty. 6-3.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Picked up by Marshall.

Lobos not awake yet.

Marshall ball inside the Lobo 25.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Huge holding call on Marshall that would've been a 1st down.

3rd and 1 to 3rd and 11.

PICKED OFF by Longview!

Huge huge huge huge play.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Good pick by Darden.

Alonte is smiling!

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Sounds like we've turned it down a notch. Not good. Gotta wake up boys.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:07 PM
And Marshall already down to the Longview 31 yard line. Not looking good. Come on Lobos.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds like another King wake-up speech is coming.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Not sure how it's not 21-3 by now. Good stands by the Lobo defense, especially after that first drive by the Mavs.

9-3 Marshall in the 2nd.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Lucky they're only down by 6.

Come on, Lobos.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Faggins sounds like he's going to be good.

10 carries for 67 yards & 6:11 togo in half.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
2 fumbles (one out of bounds, one recovered) and 1 interception. Ugly.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Suppose to have a good passing game this season, but haven't seen it yet.

Longview starting to run that ball, per the norm. Should I have expected something different? Honestly?

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Suppose to have a good passing game this season, but haven't seen it yet.

Longview starting to run that ball, per the norm. Should I have expected something different? Honestly?

A little 7 on 7 would go a long way to initiate a passing game in Longview.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Marshall calls 2 timeouts in a minute span with over 5 minutes to go. Doesn't seem smart to me, especially if they want points before the half.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
And an illegal substitution. Marshall coaching?

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Really good job by the Longview defense. 4th and 9 with plenty of time to get at least something before the end of the half.

2:32 to go and Marshall calls it's last timeout. Sounds like Marshall is having some coaching problems......again per the norm.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Good God. Are you kidding.

Punt all the way to Longview 24. 59 yard punt.

So much for Marshall not having a kicking game.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
59 yd Marshall punt.:eek:

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:31 PM
D.T. Jackson

He's gone!!!!!

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_c4f4e57c-b5c1-588e-95df-b87d98e7f447.html?mode=image&photo=2

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
There we go!

TOUCHDOWN LOBOS!

Sounds like a beauty of a play!

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
PICKED OFF!

Longview football at the Marshall 19 with under a minute to go!

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Sacked all the way back to the Marshall 31. Ouch. 2 plays to get it done at least. 2 timeouts remaining at least.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow. Actually attempting the field goal?

47 yard attempt.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
47yd attempt?

Only Permian makes those.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Good defensive half for the Lobos. Would've said a good ending for the Lobo O as well but so much for that after that last drive.

10-9 at the half isn't the worst thing after a half like that.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree. Alot of players are getting their 1st taste of varsity football.

New coaches at many positions.

It may take some time to come together.

Remember 2 years ago against Allen. 5 TOs in Week 0 against an eventual 5A state champion. That came together and this team can too.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Definitely can. Key for a Longview fan (I already see a couple on Smoaky freakin) is to not freak out too much.

It'll take some time to get things rolling.

That said, I fully expect Longview to come out in the 2nd half and control it...like they have in previous seasons. Hopefully with a couple more Marshall turnovers to help us along ;)

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Wasn't the game close at half last year?

And then Longview put it away in the 2nd. King is probably firing them up in the locker room. Or lighting a few fires under some.:)

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Last year it was 21-21 at the half. (I believe, maybe 21-20). That was when Longview got up 21 early then Marshall came back. But then Marshall turned it over 5 straight drives.

It was close in '08 as well. I want to say it was a touchdown difference. Before Longview, again, just blew it open.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Decleeter by Joe Brown:heli:

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Good defensive stand by Longview to open the 2nd half.

Happy 200th thread post!:p

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Abilene trailing 20-13 to Belton.
Mesquite trailing 21-16 to Lake Highlands.
Lufkin trailing 14-7 to John Tyler.
Mesquite Horn trailing 7-0 to Coppell.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
A full break out fight? Not good. Not good at all.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Abilene trailing 20-13 to Belton.
Mesquite trailing 21-16 to Lake Highlands.
Lufkin trailing 14-7 to John Tyler.
Mesquite Horn trailing 7-0 to Coppell.

13-0 Coppell over Horn.

Leander leading DeSoto, 21-20.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
4 ejections.

2 on each team

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Hopefully we don't get any lengthy suspensions out of it.

Definitely want to hear some stories about it after the game.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Another ejection.

Devine for Longview. Geez.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Another ejection. 3rd Longview guy ejected.

Total up to 5.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Jackson again. To the 26. 27 yds on catch and run.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Faggins again with a good run.:notworthy

TOUCHDOWN

17-9 Longview

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_c4f4e57c-b5c1-588e-95df-b87d98e7f447.html?mode=image&photo=5

Favpack
08-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Another ejection. 3rd Longview guy ejected.

Total up to 5.

Keep it real fellers.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Keep it real fellers.

Said some cameramen from Marshall side who came onto field were ejected from stadium by officials.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Another good defense stop by Longview.

They take over @ their own 46.

Tyler Lee Fan
08-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Lufkin 17

JT 14 3 sec left in game

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
4th and 5 at Marshall 32.

TO

Incomplete

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 09:58 PM
What a strange strange strange game.

(And for some reason I keep getting WE'RE GETTING READY FOR FOOTBALL SEASON messages on the board)

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Poole creates a turnover:rofl:

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Fumble by Marshall!

Longview football.

Fumblitis again in Mav-town.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Khody Hubbard.

Alright.:yes:

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Sounds like OL is coming together.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
24-9 6:59 to go

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Very nice drive.

Robertson TD.

24-9 Lobos.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Jenkins just kicked off through the uprights.

Nice.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Anthony Wiley with a HUGE hit. Longview crowd was heard on that one from across the way.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Another decleeter.

This time by Wiley.

Diop Johnson also getting in the act.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Well outside of that very first drive, with the huge long run, Marshall has done absolutely squat on offense. Great job by the Longview defense.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Defense pitching a shutout in 2nd half

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Lake Highlands up 42-24 on Mesquite. (Note - Really hate having to keep up with these dang MISD schools)

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Punch it in Lobos.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Good #s by Faggins in this game.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Well good 2nd half effort as was expected by the Lobos.

Interested to see how they far against JT next week.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
31-9 the final for the Lobos.

Good result. Marshall again misses chances to get the Lobos in the first half. JT will be a bigger test though IMO.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Well good 2nd half effort as was expected by the Lobos.

Interested to see how they far against JT next week.

I'll be there.

Did Texas High play tonight?

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Yep. Pretty sure that was the game at Lobo Stadium tonight.

Last score update I got was 34-34 against Vidor with less than a minute to go. Vidor had missed the extra point that would've put them ahead.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Not only do I have to have PT fans parked in my 50yd line seats. I got to also have Texas High in there too.

LoboFan07
08-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Texas High just won it, 48-41 in the 2nd overtime. Good Lord. Either the Tigers are really bad or Vidor is pretty good this season.

Lake Highlands up 49-31 on Mesquite with less than 2 minutes to go in the 4th.

So...Abilene won (1-0), DeSoto won (1-0), Lufkin won (1-0), John Tyler lost (0-1), Mesquite Horn lost (0-1), and Mesquite will lose (0-1).

Abilene and Lee play tomorrow. No idea what happened in the North Mesquite game.

LoboBooster73
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
The Longview News story:

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_c4f4e57c-b5c1-588e-95df-b87d98e7f447.html

And the Marshall News Messenger story:

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/sports/article_487d8ce8-b26d-11df-ba08-001cc4c03286.html

wolfpack4life
08-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Good #s by Faggins in this game.
Not only that, but it looks like D.T Jackson has picked up were Carey Fortson left off.:D

Great thing about it is, these two guys are just Jrs.

LoboBooster73
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Looks like Chris Ivory #48 is a lock to make the Saints roster. Check out his 76yd catch and run for TD. Sweet :notworthy

http://www.nfl.com/players/chrisivory/profile?id=IVO253611

Favpack
08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Neither coach seemed to concerned about the brawl:

When you have 16-, 17-year-old kids out there, we have to remember that sometimes," said Marshall head coach Thedrick Harris. "Sometimes tempers will flare and sometimes thing will happen. It's just unfortunate and it cost us a ball game."

Marshall never seemed to recover from losing French, its starting quarterback, struggling to move the ball after that point.

Longview piled up three rushing touchdowns after, pulling away in the third.

"These kids are going to get after it and they're going to talk to one another," said Longview head coach John King. "I just hope nothing else ever comes of it. It got out of hand. It's a shame that it happened."

Pretty safe to say no other punishment will be assessed. Which means it probably happens again next year.

LoboBooster73
08-30-2010, 06:09 AM

I missed on this one. Didn't factor in the coaching aspect. But in the case of yardage and time of possession, CHILL produced. The turnover and penalty to keep Allen's go ahead drive alive were huge.

LoboBooster73
08-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Question and Answer session with Coach John King following Longview's 31-9 victory over Marshall (4A) leading into home match-up with Tyler John Tyler (4A):

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_eec7234e-708d-5a09-a6e0-ef7a3473769c.html

LoboBooster73
08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Massey Rankings (These are crazy):

1. Abilene HS
2. Lake Travis HS
3. Longview HS
4. Allen HS
5. Trinity HS
6. Stony Point HS
7. Katy HS
8. Carroll HS Southlake
9. Westlake HS
10.Coppell HS
11.Robert E Lee HS-Tyler
12.Desoto HS
13.Gilmer HS
14.Cedar Hill HS
15.John Tyler HS
16.The Woodlands HS
17.Aledo HS
18.Klein Collins HS
19.Skyline HS
20.Waxahachie HS
21.Daingerfield HS
22.Lufkin HS
23.Klein HS
24.Cinco Ranch
25.Klein Forest HS

LoboFan07
08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Um wow. Major league crazy indeed.

I wouldn't put Longview in the top 10, much less top 5.

Lobo9498
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Right now, the Lobos should NOT be in any of the polls. I would even venture to say they would not deserve to be in this site's top 25. I'm a Lobo fan through and through, but this team is young and unproven at the 5A level. Only time will tell if the Lobos deserve the accolades. Let's see where they stand after running the gauntlet of pre-district games. And the district games will be no slouch either. By the time the playoffs come around, should the Lobos make it, they will definitely be battle-tested.

LoboFan07
09-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Pretty sure I'm going to shoot myself if I read even one more Longview thread on Smoaky. Good Lord.

wolfpack4life
09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to shoot myself if I read even one more Longview thread on Smoaky. Good Lord.
Your pain is felt strongly by me...

LoboFan07
09-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Good results again from the underclassmen.

After a 56-14 win against Marshall last week, the Longview JV knocks off the John Tyler JV 33-0. They start the season 2-0 by outscoring their opponents 89-14 in their first two games 0_0.

And for the Freshmen....following a 54-16 victory against the Mavs, they knocked off the Lion Freshmen 38-8 to also improve to 2-0 on season. They've outscored their opponents 92-22.

Extremely impressive starts.

LoboBooster73
09-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Good results again from the underclassmen.

After a 56-14 win against Marshall last week, the Longview JV knocks off the John Tyler JV 33-0. They start the season 2-0 by outscoring their opponents 89-14 in their first two games 0_0.

And for the Freshmen....following a 54-16 victory against the Mavs, they knocked off the Lion Freshmen 38-8 to also improve to 2-0 on season. They've outscored their opponents 92-22.

Extremely impressive starts.

Good results.

Read somewhere about a freshman who's even quicker than Eric Hawkins. Any idea what his name is?
What are some of the names to look out for off of JV?

Anyway, it's GAME DAY!

LoboBooster73
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Question and Answer session with Coach John King following Longview's 14-28 home loss to Tyler John Tyler (4A) leading into road match-up with Allen (AP 5A #5 ranked):

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/local/article_4fa14117-7681-5e8a-b989-050b0c381243.html

Questions I would have liked to have been asked:

- Why do you play your 3rd or 4th string QB after Robertson's injury rather than, say Deontre Wilson?
- Why was D.T. Jackson kept out of all non-3rd down plays till late in 3rd QTR?
- What was Eric Hawkins status since he had very little PT?
- Is it plan for the year to have Jenkins punt or are there other options?
- What was the biggest problem with run blocking?
- How did you feel about special teams play?

LoboBooster73
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Here's part of an interview with Allen Coach Tom Westerberg in local PlanoStar newspaper:

That rationale will be put to the test once again at 7:30 p.m. Friday as Allen faces Longview in the Eagles’ first home game since October of last year.

“We haven’t been here in awhile,” Westerberg jokingly said of the team’s return to Eagle Stadium. “Our home openers are always exciting; we have great crowds, a great student body and usually a good opponent. And whenever the kids put on those blue uniforms, I think you get a little something extra from them.”

The opponent portion of Westerberg’s statement holds to form this season as Longview comes to town. The Lobos lost last week to Tyler John Tyler, 28-14, but still bring plenty to the field.

“Longview is very athletic,” Westerberg said, “much like Cedar Hill.”

However, the similarities on offense end there.

“Longview is going to run the football right at you out of the I-formation, a lot like what Trinity does,” Westerberg said. “Longview ran the ball 46 times in their first game and then got a little bit away from that against John Tyler, so I expect to see them getting back to that game plan a bit more.”

That means plenty of physical play and a chance for the Allen front seven to assert itself.

“I’m excited to see how our guys up front do,” Westerberg said. “I think we have a physical defense, but we haven’t been up against a team like this yet, so it’s hard to be certain.”

What is more certain is what the Lobos bring to the table defensively.

“It’s nothing flashy,” Westerberg said. “They just play hard and come right at you.”

The key to Friday’s game could very well be turnovers. Longview put the ball on the carpet five times in 2008’s 21-7 loss to Allen while the Eagles had two fumbles that led directly to scores in last season’s 28-25 loss to the Lobos.

“Any time you get in a big game like this,” Westerberg said, “if you make a bunch of mistakes, you aren’t going to win.”

A win Friday would give Allen its first clean non-district slate since 2007.

“As competitors, you want to win every game you play in,” Westerberg said, “so of course we want to win our home opener and we would love to be 3-0 going into district.”

Hopefully, their home opener goes like ours. But, I doubt it.:(