PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 3-5A Thread

Pages : [1] 2

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Mojo! We want our bell back! :D

AHSeagles
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Adios Weatherford, Paschal, Richland, Haltom, North Crowley, and Burleson. Hello old friends in Midland and Odessa!

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Adios Weatherford, Paschal, Richland, Haltom, North Crowley, and Burleson. Hello old friends in Midland and Odessa!

You have to admit it was fun playing a host of new teams for the past couple of years.

I am ready for the road trips out west. The smell of black gold while driving into hostile territory.

Now back to the bell. Where is it? Has she been taken care of? Cleaned and polished on a weekly basis?

QUEST
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Now back to the bell. Where is it? Has she been taken care of? Cleaned and polished on a weekly basis?
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

BlackAttack
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
You have to admit it was fun playing a host of new teams for the past couple of years.

I am ready for the road trips out west. The smell of black gold while driving into hostile territory.

Unfortunately the bell was retired. Since Permian's name was on it more than any other (by a large margin), it rests at 1800 E. 42nd St. in Odessa. Viewing hours are Mon-Fri 8:45am to 3:50pm.

AHSeagles
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM

It may have been fun for the football team, but basketball didn't enjoy it one bit!;)

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately the bell was retired. Since Permian's name was on it more than any other (by a large margin), it rests at 1800 E. 42nd St. in Odessa. Viewing hours are Mon-Fri 8:45am to 3:50pm.

Okay, just got the alarm codes to deactivate the laser sensors.

Time to make a trip to E. 42nd St. in Odessa....

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
It may have been fun for the football team, but basketball didn't enjoy it one bit!;)

No you mean they "aren't enjoying" it one bit! :D

AHSeagles
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
No you mean they "aren't enjoying" it one bit! :D

It's like the anti-football team. Instead of dishing them out, they receive weekly arse beatings.

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
From the Abilene paper...

I get the feeling Cooper isn't happy about this.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/feb/01/coogs-are-back-and-so-little-southwest-conference/

AE 8008
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
From the Abilene paper...

I get the feeling Cooper isn't happy about this.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/feb/01/coogs-are-back-and-so-little-southwest-conference/

bwaaaahahahaaa

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
bwaaaahahahaaa

Spoke with several Cooper parents today. They are not happy at all.

Do they have anyone coming back next year? I know our JV teams pretty much demolished them this year.

AHSeagles
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Spoke with several Cooper parents today. They are not happy at all.

Do they have anyone coming back next year? I know our JV teams pretty much demolished them this year.

I don't understand why they're so upset, they would have been more than competitive in either 5A district last year. They'll get over it. buncha whiny babies;)

artist58
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Got plenty coming back. Your JV beat ours 21-20 after Cooper scored with less than a minute and went for 2 and missed.

Keep patting yourselves on the back. You can be sure that our kids and our coaching staff are ecstatic about being back in the old district.

And for what it is worth, ask Odessa High how they enjoyed scrimmaging us the last 2 years. Cooper got after them real good this year.

AHSeagles
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Got plenty coming back. Your JV beat ours 21-20 after Cooper scored with less than a minute and went for 2 and missed.

Keep patting yourselves on the back. You can be sure that our kids and our coaching staff are ecstatic about being back in the old district.

And for what it is worth, ask Odessa High how they enjoyed scrimmaging us the last 2 years. Cooper got after them real good this year.

http://ivanblogs.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/large_batman-the-joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg
Why so serious?

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Seriously? I thought it was 40-0 or something like that. Educate me with facts.

btw... How many 5A teams has cooper actually beaten in the past 3 years or so? I'm sorry, can't hear you, how many?

and another btw... 2 years in 4A and didn't do too well, huh. I understand your frustration. You guys should have been playing for the title both years. Didn't even get out of the region. Won a district, that's about it.

Okay, ticked off enough now? Save your attitude for the season. Right now isn't the time.

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM

oh and a scrimmage? are you serious? :laugh

artist58
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I tried to educate you with the facts. It was 21-20. You were wrong. I had a son on the team.

Never ran your program down, or called you out. You guys did a great job this year. Just tried to point out your point regarding the JV demolishing us was not factual, and that Cooper fans and players are excited about the new realignment. Quite frankly, i don't read anything in the paper that says different.

My statement regarding OHS was to point out that we felt we had a good team this year. They wound up winning that district out west. Just stating we matched up, as i know you would guys would have as well.

i am in hopes the two of us might play for a district championship. that sir, would be good for Abilene. In any event, it is a great district, and will be tough every week.

the 5A teams we played the last 2 years (including you) have a combined 61-13. We did not get to play Paschall, Haltom or any of those guys. Garland and AHS won their respective districts the last 2 years, and you guys won a state championship. Well done sir, and we felt we held our own for the most part both years.

We played 3 rounds deep the last two years. You guys were one and done in 2008, and won it all this year. Great team this year, and quite frankly i thought the Cooper Ahs game this year was great. Just like everyone else, we could not stop the Sims. Two great players.

Try a little humility. You guys are real good, and crowing about it kind of lessens the impact.

I love Abilene, and I think we have two really good football teams.

Take that for what it is worth.

Dawg Fan
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM

btw... How many 5A teams has cooper actually beaten in the past 3 years or so? I'm sorry, can't hear you, how many?

and another btw... 2 years in 4A and didn't do too well, huh. I understand your frustration. You guys should have been playing for the title both years. Didn't even get out of the region. Won a district, that's about it.

Okay, ticked off enough now? Save your attitude for the season. Right now isn't the time.

Dude....poured the whole gas can on that post....damn...I knew i missed this old district:cool:

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Dude....poured the whole gas can on that post....damn...I knew i missed this old district:cool:

Yeah, some cooper fans are closet AH haters and this dude is obviously one of them. I do know one of our JV teams whooped theirs 40-0 or something like that. I am sure someone else will chime in.

AbEagleFan
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I tried to educate you with the facts. It was 21-20. You were wrong. I had a son on the team.

Never ran your program down, or called you out. You guys did a great job this year. Just tried to point out your point regarding the JV demolishing us was not factual, and that Cooper fans and players are excited about the new realignment. Quite frankly, i don't read anything in the paper that says different.

My statement regarding OHS was to point out that we felt we had a good team this year. They wound up winning that district out west. Just stating we matched up, as i know you would guys would have as well.

i am in hopes the two of us might play for a district championship. that sir, would be good for Abilene. In any event, it is a great district, and will be tough every week.

the 5A teams we played the last 2 years (including you) have a combined 61-13. We did not get to play Paschall, Haltom or any of those guys. Garland and AHS won their respective districts the last 2 years, and you guys won a state championship. Well done sir, and we felt we held our own for the most part both years.

We played 3 rounds deep the last two years. You guys were one and done in 2008, and won it all this year. Great team this year, and quite frankly i thought the Cooper Ahs game this year was great. Just like everyone else, we could not stop the Sims. Two great players.

Try a little humility. You guys are real good, and crowing about it kind of lessens the impact.

I love Abilene, and I think we have two really good football teams.

Take that for what it is worth.

Don't make excuses for all the losses to 5A teams the past 3 or so years. Cooper wasn't good enough to beat them, AH was. That's the difference. Yep, one and out in 08. That's the way the ole ball bounces and the team bounced all the way back to a state title.

Don't underestimate the teams in our old district for the past two years.

To us old timers who played in the day when only a district champ made the playoffs, three rounds is the equivalent of winning bi-district back in the day.

Cooper fielded one of their best teams in years this past year and still could not get past round three, in 4A mind you. :eek:

Cooper and AH won't be playing for the district championship this year. Cooper may back into the 4th slot by winning only one district game as they did back in 2007.

Just a shame Cooper didn't take advantage of the time they had in 4A to put themselves on the map. Such a shame.

Plenty of humility from AH fans except when a lone cooper fan such as yourself crawls out from under a rock and spouts off his animosity towards the AH program.

Warbird
02-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Don't make excuses for all the losses to 5A teams the past 3 or so years. Cooper wasn't good enough to beat them, AH was. That's the difference. Yep, one and out in 08. That's the way the ole ball bounces and the team bounced all the way back to a state title.

Don't underestimate the teams in our old district for the past two years.

To us old timers who played in the day when only a district champ made the playoffs, three rounds is the equivalent of winning bi-district back in the day.

Cooper fielded one of their best teams in years this past year and still could not get past round three, in 4A mind you. :eek:

Cooper and AH won't be playing for the district championship this year. Cooper may back into the 4th slot by winning only one district game as they did back in 2007.

Just a shame Cooper didn't take advantage of the time they had in 4A to put themselves on the map. Such a shame.

Plenty of humility from AH fans except when a lone cooper fan such as yourself crawls out from under a rock and spouts off his animosity towards the AH program.

Cooper gave AHS their stiffest game clear up until the Cedar Hill game, or that's how it seemed to me following stuff from afar. I wouldn't count the Coogs out. I predict the Coogs to make the playoffs, possibly take third or maybe even second in district this year. I don't see the Midland schools challenging, but I do see OHS and Permian being good.

BeatNavy
02-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Cooper... district champs... hands down.

eaglefan87
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Cooper... district champs... hands down.

Cooper goes 2-3 or 3-2.....loses to AHS and OHS....beats both Midland schools and has a good shot at Mojo.

eaglefan87
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Cooper would have probably finished 2nd in our district last year....maybe third with a loss to NRH. Cougars would have handled the Elks and Roos and would have spanked the other slobs.....IMHO.

AHSeagles
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Cooper would have probably finished 2nd in our district last year....maybe third with a loss to NRH. Cougars would have handled the Elks and Roos and would have spanked the other slobs.....IMHO.

Cooper would have beat the pants off of every other team in out district besides us.

abileneeagles311
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
if abilene high and cooper played eachother the way both teams were playing in the playoffs... abilene high would've won by a lot bigger margin IMO

eaglefan87
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
if abilene high and cooper played eachother the way both teams were playing in the playoffs... abilene high would've won by a lot bigger margin IMO

I agree....come PO time AHS was firing on all cylinders and Cooper was pretty sporadic. AHS would have blown Cooper out had they played later in the season.

War Eagle
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I am not one to throw fuel on the fire...okay maybe when it is a Cougar burning, but I felt Abilene High was still feeling it's self out in the 1st half of the Cooper game.

When the coaches let the defense play in the second half by calling some man to man and a few blitzes the game clearly shifted to the better team.

IMO Abilene High's defensive coaching staff kept Cooper in that game with the bend don't break defense (drop 9, rush 2) that they have played for years against pass happy teams. In other words they gave Cooper too much credit.

Was Cooper good, yeah they were okay. They would have finished 2nd in Abilene's district IF they could have beaten NRH and they would have finished 3rd or 4th in District 2-5A behind OHS, Permian, IF they could have beaten Amarillo and Lee.

I think they should finish 3rd to 4th this season but I am not real sure what they have coming back to fill the QB, RB, and WRs that left.

coriv
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Odessa High's non-district schedule

Amarillo Tascosa
Lubbock Monterey
San Angelo Central
Amarillo High
DeSoto (maybe)

BlacknGold89
02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, some cooper fans are closet AH haters and this dude is obviously one of them. I do know one of our JV teams whooped theirs 40-0 or something like that. I am sure someone else will chime in.

Yeah I went to that game. Ahs jv black did win by that margin. I think jv gold game was a blow out.

Whenever ahs and chs play against each other they tend to play very hard. No one wants to lose to the other. When teams focus on not losing they end up doing that very thing. What was great about this years team was that they played everyone like they were a threat. I hope we continue to play like next year and not get complacent.

coriv
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Odessa High's non-district schedule

Amarillo Tascosa
Lubbock Monterey
San Angelo Central
Amarillo High
DeSoto (maybe)

The DeSoto game is not going to happen and unless OHS finds a Week 0 game they will only play nine games.

OA article on the OHS schedule (http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/football-5564-put-high.html)

Here is the schedule as of right now.

Week 0 - Bye
Week 1 - Lubbock Monterey
Week 2 - Amarillo Tascosa
Week 3 - San Angelo Central
Week 4 - Amarillo High
Week 5 - Bye
Week 6 - at Abilene High
Week 7 - Midland High
Week 8 - at Abilene Cooper
Week 9 - Permian
Week 10 - Midland Lee

abileneeagles311
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
The DeSoto game is not going to happen and unless OHS finds a Week 0 game they will only play nine games.

OA article on the OHS schedule (http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/football-5564-put-high.html)

Here is the schedule as of right now.

Week 0 - Bye
Week 1 - Lubbock Monterey
Week 2 - Amarillo Tascosa
Week 3 - San Angelo Central
Week 4 - Amarillo High
Week 5 - Bye
Week 6 - at Abilene High
Week 7 - Midland High
Week 8 - at Abilene Cooper
Week 9 - Permian
Week 10 - Midland Lee
so that means that we'll be playing permian and odessa at shotwell, right?

coriv
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
so that means that we'll be playing permian and odessa at shotwell, right?

I think Abilene and Cooper will play Permian at Ratliff.

abileneeagles311
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
oh okay... i just thought that because every year, we'd play either both midland teams at grande or both odessa teams at ratliff

C130Eagle
02-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm so excited to be playing the Midland and Odessa teams that playing them at Shotwell or their staduims would be fine. I'm just glad that I don't have to drive Ft. Worth on a Friday night, fighting that traffic.

Last year going to the Burleson game, it took about 30-45 minutes to get to the stadium from about 3 blocks out from the traffic light and parking their was horrible.

BlackAttack
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM

According to OP.com, Permian will also play both Abilene teams in Abilene. That came from Gaines himself. I'm assuming the Abilene schools will have to make 2 trips to Midland.

AHSeagles
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
According to OP.com, Permian will also play both Abilene teams in Abilene. That came from Gaines himself. I'm assuming the Abilene schools will have to make 2 trips to Midland.
That's how it's worked in the past. It'll be nice to go back to the house that Cedric built an actually play the Midland schools.

Ok enough of this being nice stuff! Must... Hate... Midland and Odessa!;):D

Empire strikes back
02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
This is what I think what Permian's schedule will look like.

Aug 28 @ Smithson Valley

Sep 4 Bethel, Wa

Sep 10 Cedar Hill (Abilene)

Sep 17 Amarillo Tascosa

Sep 24 @ Lubbock Monterey

Bye..

Oct 8 Midland Lee

Oct 15 @ Abilene Cooper

Oct 22 @ OHS

Oct 29 @ Abilene High

Nov 5 Midland High

QUEST
02-09-2010, 10:24 AM

LOL Months away and it is already starting...lol:D

Warbird_Dad
02-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm so excited to be playing the Midland and Odessa teams that playing them at Shotwell or their staduims would be fine. I'm just glad that I don't have to drive Ft. Worth on a Friday night, fighting that traffic.

Last year going to the Burleson game, it took about 30-45 minutes to get to the stadium from about 3 blocks out from the traffic light and parking their was horrible.

No offense to the Elk faithful but that was the worst scenario I've ever seen for getting into a stadium. It took us an hour to get from I-35 into a parking spot on the soccer field. I don't think they anticipated that Abilene would fill up the East side with only 1 way to get onto the grounds.

AbEagleFan
02-17-2010, 08:38 AM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=219012

The state champion Abilene High Eagles may host a game against Plant High School from Tampa in September, according to head coach Steve Warren.

The game would likely be televised on one of the ESPN networks, according to the Tampa Tribune.

While the details have not been finalized, preliminary plans are in place for the game to be played at Shotwell Stadium on Sept. 16.

There is a tentative agreement with Plant, but the plans aren't etched in stone because game contracts can't be signed in Texas until Feb. 22, Warren said.

Plant High still has to work out its schedule for next season, as it was already set to play a different school that week, and getting school board approval to bring the team to Texas.

In the RivalsHigh 100, Abilene High (15-0) was ranked No. 5 and Plant (13-1) was ranked No. 17.

Trojanalum693
02-17-2010, 05:03 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=219012

The state champion Abilene High Eagles may host a game against Plant High School from Tampa in September, according to head coach Steve Warren.

The game would likely be televised on one of the ESPN networks, according to the Tampa Tribune.

While the details have not been finalized, preliminary plans are in place for the game to be played at Shotwell Stadium on Sept. 16.

There is a tentative agreement with Plant, but the plans aren't etched in stone because game contracts can't be signed in Texas until Feb. 22, Warren said.

Plant High still has to work out its schedule for next season, as it was already set to play a different school that week, and getting school board approval to bring the team to Texas.

In the RivalsHigh 100, Abilene High (15-0) was ranked No. 5 and Plant (13-1) was ranked No. 17.

That should be a great game. I will definitely watch it on TV. I would love to see it in person, but since it is not on a Saturday I cannot make the drive from DFW to Abilene because I will have school the next day.

Coug78
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
I think they should finish 3rd to 4th this season but I am not real sure what they have coming back to fill the QB, RB, and WRs that left.

Good news - both RBs will be back. QB will be good. They always have very good WRs.

Question is will the defense get better.

biggolfdad
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Have all of the district teams finalized their schedules for next year ?

:confused:

abileneeagles311
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
the abilene team ran 40's today and i heard that herschel got clocked at a 4.35 the first time and a 4.36 the second time. and tony curtis was clocked at a 4.45

Trojanalum693
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
the abilene team ran 40's today and i heard that herschel got clocked at a 4.35 the first time and a 4.36 the second time. and tony curtis was clocked at a 4.45

Holy Crap.:eek: Those are some great times.:notworthy Some college players can't even run that fast.

I feel sorry for anybody trying to run him down next year.

coriv
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Have all of the district teams finalized their schedules for next year ?

:confused:

Permian
Aug 27th - at Smithson Valley
Sep 3rd - vs. Bethel, Washington
Sep 11th - vs. Cedar Hill in Abilene
Sep 17th - vs. Amarillo Tascosa
Sep 24th - at Monterey
Oct 1st - BYE
Oct 8th - vs. Midland
Oct 15th - at Cooper
Oct 22nd - vs. Lee
Oct 29th - vs. Odessa
Nov 5th - at Abilene

Odessa High
Aug. 27th - at Arlington Bowie
Sept. 3rd - at Lubbock Monterey
Sept. 10th - vs. Amarillo Tascosa
Sept. 17th- at San Angelo Central
Sept. 24th - vs. Amarillo High
Oct. 1st - BYE
Oct. 8th - at Abilene
Oct. 15th - vs. Midland High
Oct. 22nd - at Abilene Cooper
Oct. 29th - vs. Permian
Nov. 5th - vs. Midland Lee

biggolfdad
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Permian
Sep 24th - at Monterey
Oct 1st - BYE
Oct 8th - vs. Midland
Oct 15th - at Cooper
Oct 22nd - vs. Lee
Oct 29th - vs. Odessa
Nov 5th - at Abilene

Odessa High
Oct. 1st - BYE
Oct. 8th - at Abilene
Oct. 29th - vs. Permian

Thanks..

abileneeagles311
03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
darius joseph broke the record for highest vertical today. he jumped 37 inches

Empire strikes back
03-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Permian
Sep 24th - at Monterey
Oct 1st - BYE
Oct 8th - vs. Midland
Oct 15th - at Cooper
Oct 22nd - vs. Lee
Oct 29th - vs. Odessa
Nov 5th - at Abilene

Odessa High
Oct. 1st - BYE
Oct. 8th - at Abilene
Oct. 29th - vs. Permian

I think OHS should use their bye wisely. ;)

tmcran
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
darius joseph broke the record for highest vertical today. he jumped 37 inches

What is the speed of Darius? I noticed he and S. Sims and R. Sims are on the 800 relay. Not sure who the other guy is. We sure missed Darius this last year.

abileneeagles311
03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
What is the speed of Darius? I noticed he and S. Sims and R. Sims are on the 800 relay. Not sure who the other guy is. We sure missed Darius this last year.
i think its in the mid to upper 4.4s

thestud
03-06-2010, 08:27 AM
i think its in the mid to upper 4.4s

doesn't matter if he isn't healed and can't get cleared to play. how is he looking?

abileneeagles311
03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
doesn't matter if he isn't healed and can't get cleared to play. how is he looking?
i'm not really sure how he's feeling. i would think he would be ready for the season or they wouldnt have him in football offseason

thestud
03-06-2010, 11:05 AM
i'm not really sure how he's feeling. i would think he would be ready for the season or they wouldnt have him in football offseason

how he feels has nothing to do with him not getting cleared to play.

coriv
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
This is the district schedule from what i've been able to piece together. Please tell me if anything is wrong.

Oct. 8th
Odessa High at Abilene High
Midland High at Permian
Abilene Cooper at Midland Lee

Oct. 15th
Midland High at Odessa High
Permian at Abilene Cooper
Abilene High at Midland Lee

Oct. 22nd
Odessa High at Abilene Cooper
Midland Lee at Permian
Abilene High at Midland High

Oct. 29th
Odessa High vs. Permian
Abilene High vs. Abilene Cooper
Midland Lee vs. Midland High

Nov. 5th
Midland Lee at Odessa High
Permian at Abilene High
Abilene Cooper at Midland High

abileneeagles311
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
This is the district schedule from what i've been able to piece together. Please tell me if anything is wrong.

Oct. 8th
Odessa High at Abilene High
Midland High at Permian
Abilene Cooper at Midland Lee

Oct. 15th
Midland High at Odessa High
Permian at Abilene Cooper
Abilene High at Midland Lee

Oct. 22nd
Odessa High at Abilene Cooper
Midland Lee at Permian
Abilene High at Midland High

Oct. 29th
Odessa High vs. Permian
Abilene High vs. Abilene Cooper
Midland Lee vs. Midland High

Nov. 5th
Midland Lee at Odessa High
Permian at Abilene High
Abilene Cooper at Midland High
november 5th is the one im excited for:D

AbEagleFan
03-23-2010, 07:32 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=228955

ABILENE HIGH FOOTBALL 2010

Aug. 27th - Belton - San Antonio
Sept. 4th - Franklinton, LA - Shotwell Stadium
Sept. 10th - Cocoa, FL- DeSoto
Sept. 16th - Plant, FL - Shotwell Stadium (ESPN)
Sept. 24th - Longview - Plano
Oct. 8th - Odessa - Shotwell Stadium
Oct. 15th - Midland Lee - Midland
Oct. 22nd - Midland - Midland
Oct. 29th - Cooper - Shotwell Stadium
Nov. 5th - Odessa Permian - Shotwell Stadium

Warbird_Dad
03-25-2010, 03:22 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=228955

ABILENE HIGH FOOTBALL 2010

Aug. 27th - Belton - San Antonio
Sept. 4th - Franklinton, LA - Shotwell Stadium
Sept. 10th - Cocoa, FL- DeSoto
Sept. 16th - Plant, FL - Shotwell Stadium (ESPN)
Sept. 24th - Longview - Plano
Oct. 8th - Odessa - Shotwell Stadium
Oct. 15th - Midland Lee - Midland
Oct. 22nd - Midland - Midland
Oct. 29th - Cooper - Shotwell Stadium
Nov. 5th - Odessa Permian - Shotwell Stadium

Man, it's gonna be a great year..even with a couple of potential regular season losses...!! Come on August..!!

thestud
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Man, it's gonna be a great year..with a couple great regular season battles with high quality opponents...!! Come on August..!!

fify. I don't expect/plan on losing.

AHSeagles
03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
So why aren't there more LSWC fans on the board? There's a good following of Abilene and Mojo fans, but Cooper only has like 3 people on here, Dawg Fan is the only Mitlan fan, only one 'Chos fan I think, and no Mitlan Lee fans that I'm aware of. What gives? No computers in Midland, the OHS section of Odessa, or south Abilene?

tmcran
03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
So why aren't there more LSWC fans on the board? There's a good following of Abilene and Mojo fans, but Cooper only has like 3 people on here, Dawg Fan is the only Mitlan fan, only one 'Chos fan I think, and no Mitlan Lee fans that I'm aware of. What gives? No computers in Midland, the OHS section of Odessa, or south Abilene?

Just wait until the fall. There will pleanty of them on then.

AHSeagles
03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Just wait until the fall. There will pleanty of them on then.

There never has been. The Abilene and Mojo fans will show back up, but there's never more than a handful for the other teams.

tmcran
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
There never has been. The Abilene and Mojo fans will show back up, but there's never more than a handful for the other teams.

I suppose they have not had much to talk about with the Eagles gone the last 2 years. :D I will be surprised if things don't heat up in the fall.

thestud
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM

the old lswc.com board. i havent been over there in a long time. it's changed addresses several times due to server crashes and whatnot. pm warlok or coriv i'm sure they have a new one.

KT2000
03-26-2010, 10:19 AM

They'll show up closer to the season. We had more LSWC people on the board last year than we'd had the previous couple. I expect a spike in LSWC traffic this year since the band's back together.

Warbird_Dad
03-26-2010, 12:19 PM
fify. I don't expect/plan on losing.

Yea, I hate to go in saying we're going to lose a couple but it will be damn tough to run the table again with this schedule..!!

Warbird
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Yea, I hate to go in saying we're going to lose a couple but it will be damn tough to run the table again with this schedule..!!

People were saying the same thing about the pre-district schedule in 07. Turned out pretty well. :D

mojosoundwave
03-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I suppose they have not had much to talk about with the Eagles gone the last 2 years. :D I will be surprised if things don't heat up in the fall.

They'll be practicing in less than a month, that will give us a good look at next years team. Spring practice should get people talking.

AHSeagles
03-26-2010, 04:38 PM
They'll be practicing in less than a month, that will give us a good look at next years team. Spring practice should get people talking.

I'm looking forward to spring practices!

Since us here in Abilene missed the return of Gary Gaines last year, what offensive and defensive schemes does he run?

tmcran
03-27-2010, 11:17 AM

Since us here in Abilene missed the return of Gary Gaines last year, what offensive and defensive schemes does he run?

If you saw his teams in Abilene--then thats about it. :heli:

AHSeagles
03-27-2010, 11:28 AM
If you saw his teams in Abilene--then thats about it. :heli:

Haha I was just a youngin when Gaines was coachin the Eagles.

odessapermian.com
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Florida style spread-like offense, 3-4 (mainly) on defense

AHSeagles
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Florida style spread-like offense, 3-4 (mainly) on defense

Sounds like he kept the same offense, but didn't Mojo run the 4-3 primarily under Allman?

odessapermian.com
03-27-2010, 02:41 PM
We ran both under Allman, depending on the type of players we had that year.

AHSeagles
03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
We ran both under Allman, depending on the type of players we had that year.

Gotcha. I just remember in 08 y'all had those two big DEs and ran a 4 man front.

I think every team in 3-5A runs a 3-4 on defense.

AHSeagles
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
nm

C130Eagle
03-29-2010, 04:01 AM

People were saying the same thing about the pre-district schedule in 07. Turned out pretty well. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were a lot of folks that had doubt in the Eagles going into the Playoffs this past year. That was due to the previous year round one game. People need to get rid of their doubt. With the returning starters and kids coming up, the Eagles are going to leading from the front in the great state of Texas.

Trojanalum693
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were a lot of folks that had doubt in the Eagles going into the Playoffs this past year. That was due to the previous year round one game. People need to get rid of their doubt. With the returning starters and kids coming up, the Eagles are going to leading from the front in the great state of Texas.

I can't disagree with that. Abilene is definitely the class of the LSWC and are among the elite in the state. They have a great chance to make it back to state again next year. Schedule looks tough though but if they go undefeated it just shows how good they are.

coriv
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
When is everyone starting spring practice?

OHS starts on April 21st. The Red and White game is on May 14th.

AbEagleFan
05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Articles in the paper today about Abilene and cooper...

Abilene
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/may/06/no-headline---ahs_spring_football/

cooper :rofl:
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/may/06/no-headline---chs_spring_football/

AbEagleFan
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
The article below is intended for the eyes of AH Eagle fans only. In an effort to thwart our competition from getting a heads up on the names of key replacement position players and their production level during spring drills, the names and comments about such players will automatically be scrambled to those outside Eagle Nation attempting to view the article...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/may/28/new-faces-show-promise-in-eagles-final-workout/

abileneeagles311
06-11-2010, 05:24 PM
a lot of you eagle fans probably already know this but i thought i'd share it to those who don't... herschel broke the squat record a few weeks ago. he got 660:eek:

biggolfdad
07-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Eagles scrimmage Copperas Cove on 8-20 in Abilene around 7 for varsity.

:heli:

AbEagleFan
07-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Drove through Mid/Odessa over the weekend. Car wanted to "exit" but I told her it wasn't time yet.

:D

thestud
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Looking forward to getting this thing kicked off and facing some teams that really want to win. No offense to the metro mess teams, but the game is different now, or rather back to the way it should be. Mitlan and Odessa have a desire to win, because of the history and rivalry between us all, and a desire to uphold their program's tradition that the metroplex teams dont have.

AHSeagles
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to getting this thing kicked off and facing some teams that really want to win. No offense to the metro mess teams, but the game is different now, or rather back to the way it should be. Mitlan and Odessa have a desire to win, because of the history and rivalry between us all, and a desire to uphold their program's tradition that the metroplex teams dont have.

This. The DFW schools seemed heartless out there at times.

tmcran
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Just caught part of the report on Darius Joseph (WR) on KTXS. Reported he did a 4.49-- 40 yard.. Nike was sponsoring work out??? Said he got the college scouts attention. Boy will he be an asset for the the Eagles. Will help Sims,Sims and Curtis.

thestud
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Just caught part of the report on Darius Joseph (WR) on KTXS. Reported he did a 4.49-- 40 yard.. Nike was sponsoring work out??? Said he got the college scouts attention. Boy will he be an asset for the the Eagles. Will help Sims,Sims and Curtis.

Kid is a flat out beast and with a college weight training program he will be a ridiculous asset. Kid is finally healthy and ready to go. I dont think anybody is ready for him. AHS hasn't boasted this fast of receiving threat since Kevin Barnes. Darius will catch everything thrown his way and leave folks in the dust. He's a very humble and kind young man as well.

abileneeagles311
07-08-2010, 03:59 AM

im pretty sure darius broke lyle leong's vertical record. kid will be an asset. and so will another couple of receivers that not many people know about :cool::yes:

Warbird
07-08-2010, 05:41 AM
im pretty sure darius broke lyle leong's vertical record. kid will be an asset. and so will another couple of receivers that not many people know about :cool::yes:

I talked to Coach James at the Rosa's event. If what I heard from him is correct, then yikes. The Eagles may have even more offensive firepower this year.

thestud
07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I talked to Coach James at the Rosa's event. If what I heard from him is correct, then yikes. The Eagles may have even more offensive firepower this year.

yikes is correct. :cool::D

abileneeagles311
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
last year, our receivers weren't really playmakers but this year is a totally different story

tmcran
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I guess we should not be talking about a passing game. Oh, well no one will believe it anyway...:D At this time last year when the Eagles were talking about S2 and Curtis it didn't draw much attention.

E-Vol-ution
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM

That's great, our districts meet early in post season play.:D
Like........first round.

AE 8008
07-09-2010, 10:35 PM
That's great, our districts meet early in post season play.:D
Like........first round.

where does Bowie's enrollment rank in their district?

E-Vol-ution
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
where does Bowie's enrollment rank in their district?

Second........Bowie and Martin are D1 locked providing we play in post season.

rbethmann
07-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes, and if Arlington and Odessa happen to match up again in 2010 the game will be played in Arlington thanks to last year's coin flip.

cougardude
07-16-2010, 09:51 PM
I've seen two publication's picks for our district this fall and both of them have Cooper making the playoffs, so obviously if that happens Cooper will break the string of not beating any 5A teams. They may repeat and go undefeated again, but I really don't think Abilene High will have it as easy as a lot of them seem to think. You have to admit the district they played in the last two years was much weaker than any they had ever played in with the LSWC. JMO

Go Cougars!!

Shoot2thrill
07-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I've seen two publication's picks for our district this fall and both of them have Cooper making the playoffs, so obviously if that happens Cooper will break the string of not beating any 5A teams. They may repeat and go undefeated again, but I really don't think Abilene High will have it as easy as a lot of them seem to think. You have to admit the district they played in the last two years was much weaker than any they had ever played in with the LSWC. JMO

Go Cougars!!

Understatement of the year. That soft district didn't hurt us last year though did it? Any real fan of HS football in Texas should be glad the old traditional rivalries of the LSWC are back after a 2 year hiatus. I see AHS having a much tougher road this year due to the schedule but I think we will run the table in district.

I foresee the Coogs making the POs this year. That is as much a function of the mediocrity in the district (outside of AHS) as it is Cooper's talent. You guys do have some studs returning though. Until Cooper learns to play D, your PO runs will be short IMHO. And...... not to let you down, I will be pulling for whoever you play to kick your teeth in. Nothing personal- just have a hard time pulling for you guys. :D

thestud
07-16-2010, 11:33 PM

Go Cougars!!

yes because the rag you read it in is better than the charmin ultra soft you wipe your arse with. I'm glad that some magazines picked cooper to make the PO's, that means they most certainly will:rolleyes: Cooper will not be as good as last year, and they most certainly will compete for the last spot to the PO's, if that. I'm trying to find a post where any real Eagle fan said this coming season was going to be easy for the Eagles....still searching..

AbEagleFan
07-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Understatement of the year. That soft district didn't hurt us last year though did it? Any real fan of HS football in Texas should be glad the old traditional rivalries of the LSWC are back after a 2 year hiatus. I see AHS having a much tougher road this year due to the schedule but I think we will run the table in district.

I foresee the Coogs making the POs this year. That is as much a function of the mediocrity in the district (outside of AHS) as it is Cooper's talent. You guys do have some studs returning though. Until Cooper learns to play D, your PO runs will be short IMHO. And...... not to let you down, I will be pulling for whoever you play to kick your teeth in. Nothing personal- just have a hard time pulling for you guys. :D

It will be in an interesting season for Cooper. Haven't beaten a 5A school in a while though once again, one district win may be enough to capture the 4th spot. Dropped down to 4A, didn't really make a dent as they never got past the third round which is equivolent to winning bi-district back in the old 64 team bracket days. Another season of listening to all the whining (not you guys, people around town) about how unfair zoning, etc. is, as if that would have made a difference. Coaching makes the difference and AH clearly has the advantage.

Good luck this season.

AbEagleFan
07-17-2010, 12:48 AM
yes because the rag you read it in is better than the charmin ultra soft you wipe your arse with. I'm glad that some magazines picked cooper to make the PO's, that means they most certainly will:rolleyes: Cooper will not be as good as last year, and they most certainly will compete for the last spot to the PO's, if that. I'm trying to find a post where any real Eagle fan said this coming season was going to be easy for the Eagles....still searching..

Frankly despite what others may think, I feel AH has THE toughest schedule of anyone out there. Big name programs both in and out of state, neutral sites, a national audience, etc. That's a lot to put on these young men.

Just curious. Has SLC, Trinity, LT, Katy, etc. ever played three out of state teams during the same season? Everyone seems to think that Plant is the only one of the three that will give us any sort of challenge. Regardless, all three teams are powerhouses in their respective states and if AH does roll past any one of them, the victory shouldn't be undervauled only because it was "expected."

tmcran
07-17-2010, 11:15 AM

Go Cougars!!

WEll, you didn't mention the "weak play off teams the Eagles played";)

cougardude
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM

To be honest myself, I have a very, very hard time pulling for you guys as well. ;)

abileneeagles311
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
To be honest myself, I have a very, very hard time pulling for you guys as well. ;)
then you must have been disappointed a lot this past year:rofl:

cougardude
07-17-2010, 03:26 PM
then you must have been disappointed a lot this past year:rofl:

I guess so, but I did see the two closest games that the Eagles played all season in person: defeat of Cooper, 49-37 at Shotwell and Klein, 29-21 at Floyd Casey Stadium.

abileneeagles311
07-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I guess so, but I did see the two closest games that the Eagles played all season in person: defeat of Cooper, 49-37 at Shotwell and Klein, 29-21 at Floyd Casey Stadium.

if you want to go by just score, tyler lee was closest, then klein and then cooper. tyler lee played abilene high closer than cooper did

AbEagleFan
07-18-2010, 12:27 AM
if you want to go by just score, tyler lee was closest, then klein and then cooper. tyler lee played abilene high closer than cooper did

If I recall, Cooper got a couple scores against AH's reserves.... :D

tmcran
07-18-2010, 09:51 AM
If I recall, Cooper got a couple scores against AH's reserves.... :D

The Cooper game was not all that close. You are correct on the reserves. In fact the last Cooper TD was on the 2nd or 3rd team guys.

Shoot2thrill
07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
The Cooper game was not all that close. You are correct on the reserves. In fact the last Cooper TD was on the 2nd or 3rd team guys.

Cooper played us close in the first half. They were no match for our speed in the 2nd and their final score with seconds left made the score look closer that it was. 4th quarter defensive lapses made the Lee and Klein games a little too close for comfort. :eek:

mojotrain
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Permian has this 5'5" qb that they pulled off of the gymnastics team. He jumps and swings real good. If we can find seven linemen we think he will be a hugh factor and Permian will be a force to be reckond with.Which reminds me, have you guys ever seen our band equipment truck?:eek: Oh my gosh! don't even get me started!

tmcran
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Permian has this 5'5" qb that they pulled off of the gymnastics team. He jumps and swings real good. If we can find seven linemen we think he will be a hugh factor and Permian will be a force to be reckond with.Which reminds me, have you guys ever seen our band equipment truck?:eek: Oh my gosh! don't even get me started!

No ! tell me tell me......:D

mojotrain
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM

Shoot! You made a point that I agree with. If you have won the State Championship then you have beaten every team in the State.

Shoot2thrill
07-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Shoot! You made a point that I agree with. If you have won the State Championship then you have beaten every team in the State.

Train, all I know is that I am darn glad to be back playing some real competition- that Fort Worth area bunch that we played the last 2 years was something else. I was talking to one of the coaches today after church and he said the bad thing about this wicked schedule we have this year is that the younger fellas aren't going to get much playing time. First teamers are going to be worn out come playoff time. :(

tmcran
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Whatever happened to 'Dawg Fan"? He was on here a lot during the playoffs.. He called ever game correctly for the Eagles.

AHSeagles
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Whatever happened to 'Dawg Fan"? He was on here a lot during the playoffs.. He called ever game correctly for the Eagles.

He hangs out in the yard and college forums mostly during the off season.

biggolfdad
08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
The countdown has begun..

mojotrain
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
The countdown has begun..

It sure has. I took my deer rifles to tough-luck pawn today and got enough money on em to pick up my 6 season tickets.

biggolfdad
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I heard that the Eagles finished their workouts in shorts today.. Pads come on tomorrow.. Think they will be looking for young men to step up on the O and D lines.. 1 week from the scrimmage at Shotwell with C. Cove..

:cool:

mojosoundwave
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Pads come out tomorrow.

Permian is supposed to start at 4:00 tomorrow. Ouch!

Shoot2thrill
08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
It sure has. I took my deer rifles to tough-luck pawn today and got enough money on em to pick up my 6 season tickets.

Isn't that next door to the Git-it-n-git liquor store off of south Dixie Street?:D

coriv
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
2010 Odessa High Bronchos

http://www.leaguelineup.com/teams_football.asp?cmenuid=5&url=odessahighfootball&sid=540205221

Warbird_Dad
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Agree with all of it except.... I can't root against the alma mater...

Mr. Buddy Garrity
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm ready for belton

AbEagleFan
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
How's the new place kicker doing? I met his dad the other day. Told me an interesting story about when they arrived last winter.

tmcran
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm ready for belton
I

I Talked with relative today that lives near Belton.He saythey are really pumped and are very excited about playing the Eagles. They feel they have good chance to beat the Eagles.

AbEagleFan
08-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I

I Talked with relative today that lives near Belton.He saythey are really pumped and are very excited about playing the Eagles. They feel they have good chance to beat the Eagles.

See that's the bad thing about winning it all and predicited to come back strong the following year(s). That target is huge and teams play to their max potential against that opponent and that's when the upsets have a good chance of happening.

Shoot2thrill
08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
How's the new place kicker doing? I met his dad the other day. Told me an interesting story about when they arrived last winter.

Don't leave us hanging. Do tell.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
See that's the bad thing about winning it all and predicited to come back strong the following year(s). That target is huge and teams play to their max potential against that opponent and that's when the upsets have a good chance of happening.
hopefully A-High ends the game by halftime to take that confidence away

tmcran
08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Yep, every team the Eagles play will be wanting to beat the 09 State D II champs. But that is no surprise..

tmcran
08-19-2010, 12:46 PM

We get the idea sometimes teams don't want to play Abilene but I think any team worth its salt wants a shot at the top teams.

AbEagleFan
08-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't leave us hanging. Do tell.

check your pm's...

Warbird
08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
check your pm's...

Likewise, I'd like to be let in on this story...

biggolfdad
08-20-2010, 12:33 PM
EAGLE scrimmage starts at 4 today with the 9th grade, 5:30 for JV, and 7 for the varsity vs.. C. Cove.. Booster club is selling hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.. Eagle War Wagon will be on hand to sell EAGLE gear..

:yes:

biggolfdad
08-23-2010, 04:22 PM
How does 3-5A teams do during Week 0 ?

Odessa Permian vs. Smithson Valley
Odessa vs Arlington Bowie
Midland Lee vs EP Montwood
Midland vs Amarillo
Cooper vs WF Rider
Abilene vs Belton

my guess is 3-3..

;)

AHSeagles
08-23-2010, 04:48 PM
How does 3-5A teams do during Week 0 ?

Odessa Permian vs. Smithson Valley
Odessa vs Arlington Bowie
Midland Lee vs EP Montwood
Midland vs Amarillo
Cooper vs WF Rider
Abilene vs Belton

my guess is 3-3..

;)
I think at best 5-1, I don't see Midland beating the Sandies. 3-3 is very possible with the two Odessa schools playing tough opponents.

I'll say 4-2 with one of Odessa or Permian losing along with Midland n

eaglefan87
08-27-2010, 01:04 PM
:heli:Good luck to all LSWC teams tonight.:heli:

Warbird
08-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I root for all LSWC teams during non-district (yes, even for the Coogs). There's a certain pride that comes with playing in this district if you're aware of its history.

I remember after the Permian game in '07, I kind of lost it emotionally. I started yelling at the Permian boys to, "go beat the living &*~+! out of Southlake!" and, "You guys go win D1, we'll go win D2!"

Oh, the irony of that first one but a few weeks later. :D

eaglefan87
08-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Abilene 36 - Belton 27
Abilene Cooper 41 - WF Rider 20
Midland 20 - Amarillo 6
Midland Lee 42 - EP Montwood 0
Odessa 7 - Arlington Bowie 37
Odessa Permian 0 - Smithson Valley 6

4-2 for the LSWC.:yes:

Warbird_Dad
08-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I think at best 5-1, I don't see Midland beating the Sandies. 3-3 is very possible with the two Odessa schools playing tough opponents.

I'll say 4-2 with one of Odessa or Permian losing along with Midland n

Right on the money...:notworthy

AHSeagles
08-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Right on the money...:notworthy

I had the record right, but I figured the Sandies would beat Midland and only one of the Odessa schools would have lost. Oh well, I'll take it. :D

AHSeagles
08-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I like predicting each team in the district's outcome each week, so I'll get it started for week 1.

Abilene vs. Franklinton, La
Cooper vs. Austin Weslake
Midland vs. EP Del Valle
Midlane Lee vs. EP Coronado
Odessa vs. Lubbock Monterrey
Permian vs. Bethel, Wa

I'm gonna go out on a limb this week and predict the LSWC sweep. Cooper vs. Westlake should be a great game, but I think Cooper pulls this one out in a shoot out. Abilene and Permian are also up for grabs, since no one really knows what these out of state teams bring to the table. I think Abilene wins with Speed Inc. carrying the team while the defense still works out some kinks, and Permian beats the Washington team because they're Mojo;).

abileneeagles311
08-30-2010, 12:45 AM
I like predicting each team in the district's outcome each week, so I'll get it started for week 1.

Abilene vs. Franklinton, La
Cooper vs. Austin Weslake
Midland vs. EP Del Valle
Midlane Lee vs. EP Coronado
Odessa vs. Lubbock Monterrey
Permian vs. Bethel, Wa

I'm gonna go out on a limb this week and predict the LSWC sweep. Cooper vs. Westlake should be a great game, but I think Cooper pulls this one out in a shoot out. Abilene and Permian are also up for grabs, since no one really knows what these out of state teams bring to the table. I think Abilene wins with Speed Inc. carrying the team while the defense still works out some kinks, and Permian beats the Washington team because they're Mojo;).
im gonna say 4-2. cooper and permian losing

eaglefan87
08-30-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm gonna say 3-3.

Abilene, Midland, and Odessa winning.
Cooper, Lee and Mojo losing.

Warbird_Dad
08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
4-2 with Cooper and Lee going down...though I'd love to see a sweep..!!

AbEagleFan
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
from the arn...

Abilene High football coach Steve Warren confirmed Tuesday that the Abilene and Midland school districts are discussing the possibility of moving the AHS-Midland Lee game for television.

The Eagles and Rebels are scheduled to meet Oct. 15 at Midland’s Grande Communications Stadium in the second week of the District 3-5A schedule. The University Interscholastic League prohibits live telecasts of Friday games, but Warren said the school districts are considering playing Oct. 14 — a Thursday — with the game to be carried on ESPN2.

Abilene High’s Sept. 16 game against Tampa (Fla.) Plant will be nationally televised on ESPNU.

AHSeagles
08-31-2010, 10:15 PM
from the arn...

Abilene High football coach Steve Warren confirmed Tuesday that the Abilene and Midland school districts are discussing the possibility of moving the AHS-Midland Lee game for television.

The Eagles and Rebels are scheduled to meet Oct. 15 at Midland’s Grande Communications Stadium in the second week of the District 3-5A schedule. The University Interscholastic League prohibits live telecasts of Friday games, but Warren said the school districts are considering playing Oct. 14 — a Thursday — with the game to be carried on ESPN2.

Abilene High’s Sept. 16 game against Tampa (Fla.) Plant will be nationally televised on ESPNU.
Really?!? I didn't think Lee was supposed to be that good this year? They'll probably walk through their non district undefeated, but they're fighting for the 4th spot IMO.

AbEagleFan
08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Really?!? I didn't think Lee was supposed to be that good this year? They'll probably walk through their non district undefeated, but they're fighting for the 4th spot IMO.

perhaps espit wants to showcase the stadium?

AHSeagles
08-31-2010, 10:51 PM
perhaps espit wants to showcase the stadium?

It is a really nice stadium. :rolleyes:

biggolfdad
09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Good win for Mojo last night..

eaglefan87
09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
LSWC Sweep this week!!! WOOHOO!!!

AHS 35 Franklinton LA 20
Cooper 35 Austin Westlake 31
Odessa 48 Lubbock Monty 25
Mojo 39 Bethel WA 21
Midland 21 EP Del Valle 13
Lee 30 EP Coronado 24 (3OT)

:heli::notworthy:heli:

AHSeagles
09-04-2010, 04:10 PM

I'm good at this. Got it right two weeks in a row.

LSWC Sweep this week!!! WOOHOO!!!

AHS 35 Franklinton LA 20
Cooper 35 Austin Westlake 31
Odessa 48 Lubbock Monty 25
Mojo 39 Bethel WA 21
Midland 21 EP Del Valle 13
Lee 30 EP Coronado 24 (3OT)

:heli::notworthy:heli:

Shoot2thrill
09-05-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm good at this. Got it right two weeks in a row.

Showoff. :D

Great call. :notworthy

AHSeagles
09-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Showoff. :D

Great call. :notworthy

;)

I'll make my week 2 predictions tomorrow.

AHSeagles
09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Week 2 LSWC predictions.

Abilene vs. Cocoa, Fl
Cooper vs. San Angelo Central
Midland vs. Lubbock Coronado
Midland Lee vs. Amarillo Palo Duro
Odessa vs. Amarillo Tascosa
Permian vs. Cedar Hill

I'm going 5-1 this week for 3-5A. Once again, the Abilene game is a toss up playing a Florida team, but I think the Eagles will come out on top. Cooper rolls Central, Midland beats Coronado, Lee beats Palo Duro, and the 'Chos beat Tascosa. Cedar Hill will be more than a tough test for Permian, and I don't see Mojo winning this one. Mojo should have home field advantage even though the game isn't at Ratliff (Shotwell in Abilene), but It won't be enough to take down the athletic Longhorns. I would love for the Panthers to break out some of that Mojo magic, but offensive woes in week 0 and defensive struggles in week 1 will be tough to get together IMO.

biggolfdad
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Week 2 LSWC predictions.

Abilene vs. Cocoa, Fl
Permian vs. Cedar Hill

I'm going 5-1 this week for 3-5A. Once again, the Abilene game is a toss up playing a Florida team, but I think the Eagles will come out on top. Cooper rolls Central, Midland beats Coronado, Lee beats Palo Duro, and the 'Chos beat Tascosa. Cedar Hill will be more than a tough test for Permian, and I don't see Mojo winning this one. Mojo should have home field advantage even though the game isn't at Ratliff (Shotwell in Abilene), but It won't be enough to take down the athletic Longhorns. I would love for the Panthers to break out some of that Mojo magic, but offensive woes in week 0 and defensive struggles in week 1 will be tough to get together IMO.

I agree.. everyone wins except Mojo..

eaglefan87
09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
LSWC goes 5-1 this week. Abilene loses to a defending state champ and Mojo wins a shootout vs CHill. Rest of the bunch win vs teams they were expected to beat.

AHS 21 Cocoa FL 24
Cooper 55 San Angelo Central 21
Midland 59 Lubbock Coronado 27
Lee 38 Amarillo Pal Duro 14
Odessa 47 Amarillo Tascosa 30
Mojo 53 CHill 42

AHSeagles
09-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Week 2 LSWC predictions.

Abilene vs. Cocoa, Fl
Permian vs. Cedar Hill

LSWC goes 5-1 this week. Abilene loses to a defending state champ and Mojo wins a shootout vs CHill. Rest of the bunch win vs teams they were expected to beat.

AHS 21 Cocoa FL 24
Cooper 55 San Angelo Central 21
Midland 59 Lubbock Coronado 27
Lee 38 Amarillo Pal Duro 14
Odessa 47 Amarillo Tascosa 30
Mojo 53 CHill 42

Well, for the 3rd week in a row I got the correct record for the LSWC teams. :D However, like week 0 I picked the wrong loser.:mad:

biggolfdad
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I am tired of trying to pick these games... so....

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE..

Hope your team wins this week..

:rolleyes:

AHSeagles
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Week 3 picks.

Abilene vs. Plant
Cooper vs. Lubbock
Midland vs. Lubbock Monterrey
Midland Lee vs. Amarillo
Odessa vs. San Angelo Central
Permian vs. Amarillo Tascosa

I'm predict the LSWC sweep again. Abilene hasn't looked great so far, but I think last week's loss along with this game being on ESPN makes the Eagles come out of the gate fired up. Midland Lee and Amarillo could be a close game, but Midland handled them a couple weeks ago. The rest of the teams will roll.

biggolfdad
09-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Congrats to Cooper and Abilene High on their victory Thur. night..

Good luck to Lee, Midland, Odessa, and Permian on their games this week..

eaglefan87
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
LSWC sweeps this week!:heli:

Abilene 27 Plant FL 17
Cooper 43 Lubbock 0
Lee 28 Amarillo 21
Permian 24 Amarillo Tascosa 13
Midland 62 Lubbock Monterey 17
Odessa 40 San Angelo Central 27

Congrats to all!!

One impressive stat read on OHS twitter page........RB Marquez over 300 yds for the second time this year and is already over 1000 for the season!!! WOW!!!

biggolfdad
09-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Good job 3-5A..

Coug78
09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
3-5A Standings:
Abilene Cooper 4-0
Midland High 4-0
Midland Lee 4-0
Abilene High 3-1
Odessa High 3-1
Odessa Permian 3-1

3-5A Scoring:
Abilene Cooper - 173 Points Scored - 73 Points Allowed (+100) (43-18 Avg. Per Game)
Midland High - 162 Points Scored - 63 Points Allowed (+99) (41-16 Avg. Per Game)
Midland Lee - 138 Points Scored - 59 Points Allowed (+79) (35-15 Avg. Per Game)
Odessa Permian - 116 Points Scored - 82 Points Allowed (+34) (29-21 Avg. Per Game)
Abilene High - 119 Points Scored - 88 Points Allowed (+31) (30-22 Avg. Per Game)
Odessa High - 142 Points Scored - 119 Points Allowed (+23) (36-30 Avg. Per Game)

Mr. Buddy Garrity
09-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Cooper is scary good

AHSeagles
09-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm batting 1.000 so far at the weekly picks.:cool: I've predicted the correct record each week, and only missed which teams would win/lose a couple times.

Week 3 picks.

Abilene vs. Plant
Cooper vs. Lubbock
Midland vs. Lubbock Monterrey
Midland Lee vs. Amarillo
Odessa vs. San Angelo Central
Permian vs. Amarillo Tascosa

I'm predict the LSWC sweep again. Abilene hasn't looked great so far, but I think last week's loss along with this game being on ESPN makes the Eagles come out of the gate fired up. Midland Lee and Amarillo could be a close game, but Midland handled them a couple weeks ago. The rest of the teams will roll.

LSWC sweeps this week!:heli:

Abilene 27 Plant FL 17
Cooper 43 Lubbock 0
Lee 28 Amarillo 21
Permian 24 Amarillo Tascosa 13
Midland 62 Lubbock Monterey 17
Odessa 40 San Angelo Central 27

Congrats to all!!

One impressive stat read on OHS twitter page........RB Marquez over 300 yds for the second time this year and is already over 1000 for the season!!! WOW!!!

AHSeagles
09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Week 4 LSWC picks.

Abilene vs. Longview
Cooper vs. Lubbock Coronado
Midland vs. San Angelo Central
Midand Lee vs. Amarillo Tascosa
Odessa vs. Amarillo
Permian vs. Lubbock Monterrey

Gotta pick the 3-5A sweep again. Abilene/Longview should be the only competitive game this week. 2-5A is incredibly bad this year. If somehow Castleman is able to really disrupt Marquez running the ball, that game might be close, but that's a highly unlikely. Rest of the teams roll.

biggolfdad
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Week 4 LSWC picks.

Abilene vs. Longview
Cooper vs. Lubbock Coronado
Midland vs. San Angelo Central
Midand Lee vs. Amarillo Tascosa
Odessa vs. Amarillo
Permian vs. Lubbock Monterrey

Gotta pick the 3-5A sweep again. Abilene/Longview should be the only competitive game this week. 2-5A is incredibly bad this year. If somehow Castleman is able to really disrupt Marquez running the ball, that game might be close, but that's a highly unlikely. Rest of the teams roll.

I agree on the sweep..

eaglefan87
09-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Agreed. 3-5A Sweep again. AHS vs LV only good game.

Coug78
09-22-2010, 08:28 AM
While Marquez is a legit threat, Amarillo isn't allowing a ton of points. I'm picking the Sandies in a close one.

abilenefan
09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree on the sweep. I do think the Amarillo / Odessa game may be a spoiler. Of course Abilene will need to play a complete game or it may be as well. Longview has a lot of D-1 athletes.

Shoot2thrill
09-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree on the sweep. I do think the Amarillo / Odessa game may be a spoiler. Of course Abilene will need to play a complete game or it may be as well. Longview has a lot of D-1 athletes.

And I heard Longview practiced well this week. :rolleyes: :D

AHSeagles
09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
And I heard Longview practiced well this week. :rolleyes: :D

And their losses are more impressive than our wins. :rolleyes:

Shoot2thrill
09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
And their losses are more impressive than our wins. :rolleyes:

Gosh..... I hope we have a chance in this one. ;)

abilenefan
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Surprised this thread did not get hijacked about some ancient LA vs. Texas rant.:)

AHSeagles
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Surprised this thread did not get hijacked about some ancient LA vs. Texas rant.:)

Shhhhh, Cajun might hear you. ;)

eaglefan87
09-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Well the district goes 4-2 this week.

AHS 31 - Longview 32
Cooper 56 - Lubb Coronado 21
OHS 7 - Amarillo 17
Mojo 38 - Lubb Monty 0
MHS 49 - SA Central 14
Lee 24 - Ama Tascosa 21

I guess everyone gets a bye next week and then District play fires up.

It should really be fun to see how it plays out.

The preseason favorite Abilene has stumbled to a 3-2 start against arguably the toughest predistrict schedule in the state.

Cooper has looked fantastic in beating state runnerup Westlake and blowing out some teams they were expected to.

Mojo has been impessive after a slow start against Smithson Valley.

Odessa is 3-2 but has the leading rusher in district in Marquez who I believe is now the leading rusher in OHS history.

Both Midland teams r 5-0 to start district play on a roll.

Lets get it on!!!!

Coug78
09-25-2010, 09:54 AM
3-5A Standings:
Abilene Cooper 5-0
Midland High 5-0
Midland Lee 5-0
Odessa Permian 4-1
Abilene High 3-2
Odessa High 3-2

3-5A Scoring:
Abilene Cooper - 229 Points Scored - 94 Points Allowed (+135) (46-19 Avg. Per Game)
Midland High - 211 Points Scored - 77 Points Allowed (+134) (42-15 Avg. Per Game)
Midland Lee - 162 Points Scored - 80 Points Allowed (+82) (32-16 Avg. Per Game)
Odessa Permian - 154 Points Scored - 82 Points Allowed (+72) (31-16 Avg. Per Game)
Abilene High - 150 Points Scored - 120 Points Allowed (+30) (30-24 Avg. Per Game)
Odessa High - 149 Points Scored - 136 Points Allowed (+13) (30-27 Avg. Per Game)

BackNBlack97
09-25-2010, 11:29 AM
What are peoples thoughts on how the district ends up now that the pre-district schedule is done?

I think top 3 is a tossup between abilene, cooper and permian. Should have some good games between them, but with my mojo glasses on I'll say:

1. Mojo (5-0)
2. Cooper (4-1)
3. Abilene (3-2)
4. Midland (2-3)
5. Odessa (1-4)
6. Lee (0-5)

Coug78
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I updated mine from an earlier post:

Predicted Finish:
Abilene Cooper 5-0 (They have the most weapons!)
Abilene High 4-1
Midland High 3-2
Odessa Permian 2-3
Midland Lee 1-4
Odessa High 0-5

eaglefan87
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Cooper looks to be the most complete team right now. I know they have played some weak teams other than westlake but they have totally dominated those teams as they should have. Right now I think they are the team to beat in 3-5A

Im putting AHS and Permian on the same level. AHS is pretty good on both sides of the ball but have some major problems with the oline and the defense got manhandled by Longview last night. Permian offense looks good but their D struggled in the game i saw against CHill. I think if AHS and Mojo can fix the problems they have they will be right in the hunt for the district title.

OHS has a great running back but look to be really one dimensional on off.

MHS and Lee come out of predistrict 5-0 but they played cakewalk schedules and i think both will struggle to win in district play.

biggolfdad
09-26-2010, 12:59 PM
I think everyone is off this week.. rest up, heal up, and get ready for the start of the real part of the season.. good opening to the 2010 season.. good luck to everyone in district..

;)

Coug78
09-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Cooper looks to be the most complete team right now. I know they have played some weak teams other than westlake but they have totally dominated those teams as they should have. Right now I think they are the team to beat in 3-5A

Im putting AHS and Permian on the same level. AHS is pretty good on both sides of the ball but have some major problems with the oline and the defense got manhandled by Longview last night. Permian offense looks good but their D struggled in the game i saw against CHill. I think if AHS and Mojo can fix the problems they have they will be right in the hunt for the district title.

OHS has a great running back but look to be really one dimensional on off.

MHS and Lee come out of predistrict 5-0 but they played cakewalk schedules and i think both will struggle to win in district play.

I'm starting to think Midland High might be pretty good now.

youtellatale
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I really don't see anyone going undefeated in district this year. Mojo and AHS have played relatively tough schedules but I see Mojo having some issues on defense and AHS having issues on the O-line. Midland high is coming on strong and will be a force to deal with, OHS is going to be easy to focus on but not easy to stop IMHO, Cooper will be high flying and all but it's hard to tell what they have really because their best competition was Westlake who is 2-3 this year, Lee is down and shouldn't be anything but a doormat for the rest of the district. I think it'll come down to a 3 way tie or something like that for the district crown. Could see a bunch of 2-2 teams going into the last week of the season, maybe not idk but I think this'll be the most entertaining district to watch this year.

Eagledad61
09-27-2010, 09:23 AM
I really don't see anyone going undefeated in district this year. Mojo and AHS have played relatively tough schedules but I see Mojo having some issues on defense and AHS having issues on the O-line. Midland high is coming on strong and will be a force to deal with, OHS is going to be easy to focus on but not easy to stop IMHO, Cooper will be high flying and all but it's hard to tell what they have really because their best competition was Westlake who is 2-3 this year, Lee is down and shouldn't be anything but a doormat for the rest of the district. I think it'll come down to a 3 way tie or something like that for the district crown. Could see a bunch of 2-2 teams going into the last week of the season, maybe not idk but I think this'll be the most entertaining district to watch this year.

Based upon what I have seen in Mojo, Cooper and AHS in person. And what I can find on MHS, Lee and OHS. My prediction is as follows:

Abilene High (they have gone 1-4 in a weaker preseason schedule and undefeated in district before!)
Cooper/MOJO (I think these two teams are about equal and on the right night both could beat AHS)
OHS (That RB is worth 2 wins at least)
MHS
Lee

So, in summary I think this will be a great year to watch. Good luck to all and stay healthy

AbEagleFan
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Cooper is becoming arrogant? NO!!! :rofl:

Just as last year, coaching will probably be the difference in this years AH/Cooper game.

Empire strikes back
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I look at strength of schedule to make any such predictions. In the past, the teams that scheduled tough non-district opponents went into district beating those who had an easy non-district schedule. With that being said, I have to say that Abilene will win district, following Permian/Cooper for the 2nd and 3rd spots, OHS taking the 4th spot and both Midland schools finishing last. In reality, anyone can win district this year and that makes me kind of happy knowing that it's going to be a battle between good quality teams fighting for the bell, but of course, I do want MOJO to take it all. :D

youtellatale
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Gonna stick with my 3 way tie scenario and here's my prediction with district records followed by overall records:

AHS (4-1) 7-3
Cooper (4-1) 9-1
Mojo (4-1) 8-2
OHS (1-4) 4-6
MHS (1-4) 6-4
Lee (1-4) 6-4

AHS beats MOJO rather handily, Cooper beats AHS in a nail biter (gasp), Mojo beats Cooper [55-52 in the no defense bowl] and AHS wins the overall tiebreaker and the district bell. OHS beats MHS, MHS beats Lee and Lee beats OHS and OHS takes the tiebreaker.

If there is no actual tiebreaker (only a coin toss) then my theory is shot and I'd say:
AHS 5-0
Cooper 4-1
Mojo 3-2
Odessa 1-4
MHS 1-4
Lee 1-4

Empire strikes back
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Gonna stick with my 3 way tie scenario and here's my prediction with district records followed by overall records:

AHS (4-1) 7-3
Cooper (4-1) 9-1
Mojo (4-1) 8-2
OHS (1-4) 4-6
MHS (1-4) 6-4
Lee (1-4) 6-4

AHS beats MOJO rather handily, Cooper beats AHS in a nail biter (gasp), Mojo beats Cooper [55-52 in the no defense bowl] and AHS wins the overall tiebreaker and the district bell. OHS beats MHS, MHS beats Lee and Lee beats OHS and OHS takes the tiebreaker.

If there is no actual tiebreaker (only a coin toss) then my theory is shot and I'd say:
AHS 5-0
Cooper 4-1
Mojo 3-2
Odessa 1-4
MHS 1-4
Lee 1-4

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

youtellatale
09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

I know, that's why it's my pick. :) I'm also counting, maybe stupidly, on the AHS Oline getting it together so we'll see what happens.

Coug78
09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Cooper is becoming arrogant? NO!!! :rofl:

Just as last year, coaching will probably be the difference in this years AH/Cooper game.

Not arrogance, just confidence. ;)

Coug78
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM

AHS (4-1) 7-3
Cooper (4-1) 9-1
Mojo (4-1) 8-2
OHS (1-4) 4-6
MHS (1-4) 6-4
Lee (1-4) 6-4

AHS 5-0
Cooper 4-1
Mojo 3-2
Odessa 1-4
MHS 1-4
Lee 1-4

I don't see Cooper losing to Permian and especially at Shotwell.

Empire strikes back
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I know, that's why it's my pick. :) I'm also counting, maybe stupidly, on the AHS Oline getting it together so we'll see what happens.

Ah. :) Well Abilene does have home field advantage. Maybe the spirit of the 07' game comes back. :D

youtellatale
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Permian can put up points and unlike the other teams (Westlake aside) that Cooper has played, they are not completely inept. Cooper's defense has been an issue for them since Spradlin's first season and it's hard to tell whether or not they've improved b/c of the caliber of teams CHS has played. I just see it being a shootout and Cooper's QB having his first real struggle with turnovers, it happens even to the best of QBs. That said he'll still probably have 400 yds and Cooper will have 200+ on the ground in this game but it'll be a shootout. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I just have this feeling.

Empire strikes back
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM

We shall see. Last time Permian played Cooper was in Shotwell and Permian won 40-14. :cool:

Coug78
09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Permian can put up points and unlike the other teams (Westlake aside) that Cooper has played, they are not completely inept. Cooper's defense has been an issue for them since Spradlin's first season and it's hard to tell whether or not they've improved b/c of the caliber of teams CHS has played. I just see it being a shootout and Cooper's QB having his first real struggle with turnovers, it happens even to the best of QBs. That said he'll still probably have 400 yds and Cooper will have 200+ on the ground in this game but it'll be a shootout. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I just have this feeling.

I'm looking forward to the Permian game at Shotwell!

Cooper's defense has improved, but still has areas it needs to work on. They are hitting much harder and swarming to the ball - that is a good sign. Also they are starting to create some turnovers. Nicholas is getting better and better every week. He only has 2 interceptions and has a very good arm and some big-time stats. Hopefully John Patrick (TE) will be back for the Lee game. The O-line is playing very well IMO. District play will prepare the Coogs for a deep run in the playoffs.

Coug78
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
We shall see. Last time Permian played Cooper was in Shotwell and Permian won 40-14. :cool:

Not the same Cooper team at all! ;)

LordByron
09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
I think Arlington Martin wins 4-5A and is the #1 seed in Division 1. Bowie will be the #2 seed in Division 1 while Arlington High will be the #1 seed in Division 2. Don't know who the #2 seed in Division 2 will be but it wont make much diffeence as they will be West Texas roadkill for your #1 seed. Who do you guys see in the first round matchups in the meetings between these two districts and the predicted results?

Coug78
09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I think Arlington Martin wins 4-5A and is the #1 seed in Division 1. Bowie will be the #2 seed in Division 1 while Arlington High will be the #1 seed in Division 2. Don't know who the #2 seed in Division 2 will be but it wont make much diffeence as they will be West Texas roadkill for your #1 seed. Who do you guys see in the first round matchups in the meetings between these two districts and the predicted results?

My picks:
Abilene Cooper 2139.5 (Div. II - #1 Seed)
Abilene 2283 (Div. II - #2 Seed)
Midland 2871 (Div. I - #1 Seed)
Odessa Permian 3260 (Div. I - #2 Seed)

Arlington 2962 (Div. II - #1 Seed)
Arlington Bowie 3160 (Div. I - #2 Seed)
Arlington Houston 2870 (Div. II - #2 Seed)??
Arlington Lamar 2937
Arlington Martin 3263 (Div. I - #1 Seed)

LordByron
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
My picks:
Abilene Cooper 2139.5 (Div. II - #1 Seed)
Abilene 2283 (Div. II - #2 Seed)
Midland 2871 (Div. I - #1 Seed)
Odessa Permian 3260 (Div. I - #2 Seed)

Arlington 2962 (Div. II - #1 Seed)
Arlington Bowie 3160 (Div. I - #2 Seed)
Arlington Houston 2870 (Div. II - #2 Seed)??
Arlington Lamar 2937
Arlington Martin 3263 (Div. I - #1 Seed)
Yikes! I don't think I like drawing the Eagles first game out of the box.

Coug78
09-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Yikes! I don't think I like drawing the Eagles first game out of the box.

Be careful what you ask for! ;)

youtellatale
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I'd bet that no one wants to draw AHS or Cooper in the first round...so you want to go D1 this year if you're in 4-5A. Doesn't matter the seed b/c you're in for a fight either way. My guess is AHS goes in the #1 seed but AHS and Cooper will be in the playoffs and they'll both be D2 if they make it soo its your pick.

Empire strikes back
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Not the same Cooper team at all! ;)

Again, we shall see especially win district starts. :D

AbEagleFan
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Again, we shall see especially win district starts. :D

I agree, I don't think we are going to see too many blow outs in any of these district games.

LordByron
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Be careful what you ask for! ;)After rereading the predicted seedings, I think I may have misread them. Looks like it could be Odessa Permian. I like that even less. They just might have revenge on their mind.

War Eagle
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Predicted District Finish:

1. Abilene 5-0
2. Permian 4-1
3. Cooper 3-2
4. Odessa 2-3
5. Midland 1-4
6. Lee 0-5

Although I think things have tightened up from what everyone was thinking before the season has started, I still think AHS is the class of the field, from the competition and experience they bring to the table. Abilene hasn't played a game that wasn't HUGE since week 10 of last year.

Permian and Cooper are very close to each other, both offenses are good to very good and both defenses are so far unproven. I think the game between the two could go either way but am inclined to believe it will be a high scoring affair. Obviously I have that game down as determining the #2 team in district.

Odessa has the unfortunate opportunity to play both Abilene and Cooper at Shotwell and I think that tips that game for each home team to fairly easy wins as far as a district ball game goes. Then I think Permian's D is able to get just enough stops to win the Odessa game.

Midland and Lee are both good teams and certainly could contend for a district title in some districts around the state but unfortunately for them this is shaping up to be an very good, old school LSWC where there are some top teams from the state. So in their game it will be a toss up on who wins but overall I feel Midland has the edge.

This certainly isn't gospel and I could have everything completely backwards but it is the way I feel at the moment. I have a feeling there could be/will be one or two upsets along the way though. Can't wait for next Friday.

gored1981
09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Right now I will say that this district is wide open. OHS's ability to successfully throw the ball will determine their fate. If they can throw the ball and make defenses respect the passing game, it will open up the run game and with Marquez that gives them an advantage. Cooper and Midland have been very impressive, will give the edge to Cooper now as they have played a very good Westlake team. Midland could be very scary, but lets see how they react when the close games happen. Abilene is the class. Permian just might be, very quietly, the second best team in the district. Lee has found a way to win against some very weak opponents, with the exception being Amarillo, and have seemed to play down to those teams. I wonder if Lee can withstand the speed that everyone has.

Any way you slice it this is going to be a very tough district. The 2 teams that will stay at home would make the playoffs in pretty much every other district in this state. When they broke this district up 2 years ago you could not say that. This indeed is like old times.

E-Vol-ution
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I'd bet that no one wants to draw AHS or Cooper in the first round...so you want to go D1 this year if you're in 4-5A. Doesn't matter the seed b/c you're in for a fight either way. My guess is AHS goes in the #1 seed but AHS and Cooper will be in the playoffs and they'll both be D2 if they make it soo its your pick.

I think a lot of eyes will be opened in that first round square off.
I wouldn't sleep on 4-5A winning the series regardless of divisions.
Everybody is mortal........no super teams in sight in either district.

AbEagleFan
09-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I think a lot of eyes will be opened in that first round square off.
I wouldn't sleep on 4-5A winning the series regardless of divisions.
Everybody is mortal........no super teams in sight in either district.

I agree, I'm not looking forward to facing those Arlington teams.

Eagledad61
10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
And it begins!!!! Can't wait for Friday! Any thing new from anyone in the bye week?

AHS is scraping their offense and has been working on the Wishbone all week! LOL!

Coug78
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
LSWC Trivia:

Name the only team to go 8-0 in district. What was the year and district?

mojosoundwave
10-07-2010, 03:04 PM
LSWC Trivia:

Name the only team to go 8-0 in district. What was the year and district?

Cooper 69. 4-4a?

Coug78
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Cooper 69. 4-4a?

Yes it was Abilene Cooper in 1969. It was the last year of District 3-4A. Actually the LSWC was in 3-4A for only 2 years '68-'69.

1969 was an unbelievable year for the Cougars going 12-0-1. Jack Mildren's brother Richard was the QB for the Coogs. They tie Wichita Falls in the Quarter-Finals 0-0 and the Coyotes advance on first downs. :mad: That was a dang good Cooper team!

WF went on to win state that year.

AbileneCooper05
10-08-2010, 08:09 AM
This will be my first football season away from Texas since 1995 and it's really kind of depressing. That said, I'm thrilled to see the LSWC start up again. I'll be following the games online tonight.

GOOD LUCK COOGS!!!
(And good luck AHS, OHS, PHS and MHS as well. Lee, I'll wish you luck next week. ;))

AHSeagles
10-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, a couple weeks ago broke my streak of batting 1.000 picking the LSWC winners. But still, I've only missed two games so far. :D

Abilene vs. Odessa
Cooper vs. Midland Lee
Permian vs. Midland

I'm picking Abilene, Cooper and Permian to win this week. I think the 'chos are too one dimensional to be able to free up Marquez, but with our O line struggles it could be a low scoring game. Cooper should be the Rebels by a couple scores at least, but I think it will be closer than people think at the half and the Coogs pull away late. Permian and Midland will probably be the best game. Mojo has played better teams, but the Dawgs have beaten their competition soundly. I'm picking Mojo in a close one.

Warbird_Dad
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, a couple weeks ago broke my streak of batting 1.000 picking the LSWC winners. But still, I've only missed two games so far. :D

Abilene vs. Odessa
Cooper vs. Midland Lee
Permian vs. Midland

I'm picking Abilene, Cooper and Permian to win this week. I think the 'chos are too one dimensional to be able to free up Marquez, but with our O line struggles it could be a low scoring game. Cooper should be the Rebels by a couple scores at least, but I think it will be closer than people think at the half and the Coogs pull away late. Permian and Midland will probably be the best game. Mojo has played better teams, but the Dawgs have beaten their competition soundly. I'm picking Mojo in a close one.

This..!!

Warbird
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
And it begins!!!! Can't wait for Friday! Any thing new from anyone in the bye week?

AHS is scraping their offense and has been working on the Wishbone all week! LOL!

Sure, tell another good one. :rofl:

Coug78
10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I went 3-0 this week - barely!

eaglefan87
10-08-2010, 11:31 PM
So the first week of district play in the LSWC is in the books....and it was a great night.

Abilene beats Odessa prettily handily 49-21. AHS was up 28-0 at half. OHS opened the second half with Marquez at QB and dominated play in the third qtr cutting the AHS lead to 28-14. AHS capitalizes on 2 INTs in the 4th qtr to seize momentum and win this one.

In a shootout in Midland Cooper beats Lee 56-52. Lee took the lead 52-49 with under 2 minutes remaining but Cooper scores on a 42 yd TD pass to win it. The teams combined for over 1000 yds total offense.

Midland goes to Ratliff and dominates Permian 41-7. WOW!!! Mojos woes have returned....no O or D in this one.

Congrats to all the winners tonight!

biggolfdad
10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
good luck to all the teams this week

:)

eaglefan87
10-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Pics for this week

AHS by 17 over Lee
Cooper by 14 over Permian
Midland by 20 over Odessa

AHSeagles
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Well, the only game I missed the in the district opening week was Midland over Permian. Here's my week 7 picks.

Abilene vs. Midland Lee
Cooper vs. Permian
Midland vs. Odessa

I'm going with Abilene, Cooper, and Midland. Midland held Permian to 7 points, and should be able to hold the 'chos to a low score with their one dimensional offense. However, watch out for Marquez playing QB. Midland by 21+ Cooper will win another high scoring affair over Permian. Permian scored 53 against Cedar Hill in Abilene, and I don't see Cooper's D making the vast improvements it needs in a weeks time. The Coogs will score as often as they want, though. Cooper by 10. Abilene is finally getting a little bit better O line play to open some lanes for Speed Inc. and our D is much more stout that Cooper's. The tall WR's for Lee could cause some problems in our secondary, but the Rebel's bread and butter is still running the ball which the Eagles are very good at defending. Eagles by 14.

biggolfdad
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
What a great first two weeks..

Midland, Cooper, and Abilene are 2-0
Permian, Odessa, and Lee are 0-2

all I can say is WOW..

:eek:

Coug78
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Way to Go Coogs!!

eaglefan87
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Second week of district play is in the books.

Abilene 77 - Lee 21
Cooper 34 - Permian 27
Midland 42 - Odessa 25

AHS 2-0
Cooper 2-0
Midland 2-0
Lee 0-2
Odessa 0-2
Permian 0-2

Congrats to the winners this week.

Coug78
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
With all of this talk by the EXPERTS this past week, I thought I would post the FACTS:

3-5A Stats:

Offense:
Abilene Cooper - 1,741 Passing, 1,708 Rushing = 3,449 Total
Midland High - 861 Passing, 2,028 Rushing = 2,889 Total
Abilene High - 1,206 Passing, 1,623 Rushing = 2,829 Total
Odessa High - 557 Passing, 2,112 Rushing = 2,669 Total
Odessa Permian - 1,122 Passing, 1,478 Rushing = 2,600 Total
Midland Lee - 1,334 Passing, 1,133 Rushing = 2,467 Total

Defense:
Midland High - 803 Passing, 1,309 Rushing = 2,112 Total
Abilene Cooper - 1,335 Passing, 883 Rushing = 2,218 Total
Midland Lee - 864 Passing, 1,629 Rushing = 2,493 Total
Abilene High - 1,323 Passing, 1,267 Rushing = 2,590 Total
Odessa High - 1,065 Passing, 1,633 Rushing = 2,698 Total
Odessa Permian - 1,199 Passing, 1,591 Rushing = 2,790 Total

Points For:
Abilene Cooper - 46 Avg.
Midland High - 42 Avg.
Abilene High - 39 Avg.
Midland Lee - 34 Avg.
Odessa High - 28 Avg.
Odessa Permian - 27 Avg.

Point Against:
Midland High - 16 Avg.
Odessa Permian - 22 Avg.
Abilene High - 23 Avg.
Abilene Cooper - 25 Avg.
Midland Lee - 30 Avg.
Odessa High - 32 Avg.

It's funny how many say Midland has such a dominant defense, yet Cooper is within 100 yards of the Bulldogs. The Coogs are clearly the leader in stopping the run. The funny thing is Midland and Cooper are almost exact opposites in rushing and passing. Cooper has the most balanced attack on offense. Cooper has allowed 14 TDs rushing and 10 passing, yet the stats on yardage are the opposite. Another interesting note - Lee only gave up 864 yards passing, yet 368 of them were by the Cougars. All in all I like Cooper's chances in district and in the playoffs.

Now before all you Eagle fans dog pile me, I am mixing facts with opinion, as I usually do. :D

youtellatale
10-17-2010, 01:41 PM
As interesting as those stats are...which none of them really surprise me that much btw...no one has come close to playing the schedule of Abilene High. Permian is probably the closest but even they had 2 big cupcakes on their schedule. Abilene's Offense and defensive stats have only improved since district play started and they are leading the district in scoring at the moment after struggling in the predistrict. That ought to show people how tough the defenses they played were (except Belton lol). Seriously, the only stats that matter now are District Wins and District Losses. Perhaps teams give up more yards in the air than on the ground b/c they are ahead and teams need to throw the ball, maybe they've just played more passing teams. Who knows? Maybe teams run the ball against you because you can't stop it. The one thing I'll agree with is that Cooper is the most balanced team and probably toughest to game plan against in the district offensively...which is good b/c their defense is TERRRRRRRIBLE.

warbird00
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
As interesting as those stats are...which none of them really surprise me that much btw...no one has come close to playing the schedule of Abilene High

Which is why stats for the entire year are skewed as im sure Coug78 knows and ignores. :rolleyes:

Coug78
10-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Which is why stats for the entire year are skewed as im sure Coug78 knows and ignores. :rolleyes:

Stats are facts.

Coug78
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
The one thing I'll agree with is that Cooper is the most balanced team and probably toughest to game plan against in the district offensively...which is good b/c their defense is TERRRRRRRIBLE.

One game doesn't make the whole season.

A more objective response would be to say their pass defense is lacking.

warbird00
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Stats are facts.

you're right they are. Why dont you post them for the district games only (start to gage teams vs mutual opponents)and see what you get? I would but I have a cowboys game to watch, and I already know what they are going to reflect. :)

Coug78
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
you're right they are. Why dont you post them for the district games only (start to gage teams vs mutual opponents)and see what you get? I would but I have a cowboys game to watch, and I already know what they are going to reflect. :)

I got the season stats from the ARN. :rolleyes:

warbird00
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
One game doesn't make the whole season.

A more objective response would be to say their pass defense is lacking.

You're right one game doesnt. What about two...in a row?? I will agree after watching the highlights and the entire first quater that most of the weakness is in the pass d, however you guys did allow for a few big runs, including at least one big qp keeper. Despite what one Mojo fan is saying, I dont believe our running game to be the fourth best in district. Also Permian's been very hot/cold on offense so hard to say really how good their running game is. Thankfully, this debate will all be tested in a couple weeks. Till then, continue posting your great numbers that include the great wins vs Lubbock High and Monty, WF Rider and SA Central. Hopefully we'll continue working to improve our OL and pass defense.

Coug78
10-17-2010, 03:47 PM
You're right one game doesnt. What about two...in a row?? I will agree after watching the highlights and the entire first quater that most of the weakness is in the pass d, however you guys did allow for a few big runs, including at least one big qp keeper. Despite what one Mojo fan is saying, I dont believe our running game to be the fourth best in district. Also Permian's been very hot/cold on offense so hard to say really how good their running game is. Thankfully, this debate will all be tested in a couple weeks. Till then, continue posting your great numbers that include the great wins vs Lubbock High and Monty, WF Rider and SA Central. Hopefully we'll continue working to improve our OL and pass defense.

Well don't include me in that discussion about the AHS backs. I have the highest respect for them. Btw, Cooper didn't play Monty. ;)

Cooper has given up the big play and that does concern me. At the same time they get key stops to win games. But to say they are terrible is ridiculous. If that were the case they wouldn't be winning games. I can't remember how many times they pressure the opposing QB and put big hits on them. They need to improve on pass coverage and tackling. A terrible defense doesn't create three turnovers vs. Permian.

eaglefan87
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I think Cooper's stats are skewed because of the cupcake predistrict schedule they played.....5 teams that are a combined 10-25.

The Cooper D does give up alot of big plays but they have made some key stops and have won.....mainly on the strength of a very explosive offense. That defense is eventually gonna cost them some games when they play some teams that play solid defense....which I dont believe they have seen this year.

thestud
10-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I think Cooper's stats are skewed because of the cupcake predistrict schedule they played.....5 teams that are a combined 10-25.

Everybody said the same thing about us last year. The better judge of character is looking at common opponent's, and with only one thus far I don't think much of it. YES we put up 49 by halftime on the same team that took cooper to the wire, but that was just one game. I'll wait until after this week to pass judgment on cooper. That being said, I know they can't hang with us ;)

Warbird_Dad
10-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Everybody said the same thing about us last year. The better judge of character is looking at common opponent's, and with only one thus far I don't think much of it. YES we put up 49 by halftime on the same team that took cooper to the wire, but that was just one game. I'll wait until after this week to pass judgment on cooper. That being said, I know they can't hang with us ;)

Exactly, and we never got ANY respect last year until the Cedar Hill win which was 3 weeks into the playoffs. Cooper will be facing the same naysayer attitude even if they win district.

eaglefan87
10-17-2010, 10:19 PM

Coopers O is every bit as explosive as ours this year....the difference will be defense. I've seen both teams play multiple times this year and I think our D is better....regardless of 78s stats.

thestud
10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Coopers O is every bit as explosive as ours this year....the difference will be defense. I've seen both teams play multiple times this year and I think our D is better....regardless of 78s stats.

hence the reason for the part of my post that you bolded :cool:

ahseagle'09
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
For what it's worth, here's Abilene's stats and Cooper's stats since the start of district:

Points For:

Abilene - 126 (63 PPG)
Cooper - 90 (45 PPG)

Points Against:

Abilene - 42 (21 PAPG)
Cooper - 79 (39.5 PAPG)

Total Offense:

Abilene - 1035 yards (517.5 YPG)
Cooper - 1127 yards (563.5 YPG)

Rushing Yards:

Abilene - 668 yards (334 YPG)
Cooper - 685 yards (342.5 YPG)

Passing Yards:

Abilene - 367 yards (183.5 YPG)
Cooper - 442 yards (221 YPG)

Total Defense:

Abilene - 710 yards (355 YAPG)
Cooper - 940 yards (470 YAPG)

Rushing Yards Allowed:

Abilene - 410 yards (205 YAPG)
Cooper - 321 yards (160.5 YAPG)

Passing Yards Allowed:

Abilene - 298 yards (149 YAPG)
Cooper - 625 yards (312.5 YAPG)

biggolfdad
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=ahseagle'09;1638105]For what it's worth, here's Abilene's stats and Cooper's stats since the start of district:

Points For:

Abilene - 126 (63 PPG)
Cooper - 90 (45 PPG)

Points Against:

Abilene - 42 (21 PAPG)
Cooper - 79 (39.5 PAPG)

Total Offense:

Abilene - 1035 yards (517.5 YPG)
Cooper - 1127 yards (563.5 YPG)

Rushing Yards:

Abilene - 668 yards (334 YPG)
Cooper - 685 yards (342.5 YPG)

Passing Yards:

Abilene - 367 yards (183.5 YPG)
Cooper - 442 yards (221 YPG)

Total Defense:

Abilene - 710 yards (355 YAPG)
Cooper - 940 yards (470 YAPG)

Rushing Yards Allowed:

Abilene - 410 yards (205 YAPG)
Cooper - 321 yards (160.5 YAPG)

Passing Yards Allowed:

Abilene - 298 yards (149 YAPG)
Cooper - 625 yards (312.5 YAPG)[/QUOTE

Interesting how close they are..

ahseagle'09
10-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Interesting how close they are..

Agreed. However, there are a couple of differences that stand out to me. AHS has scored 36 more points while allowing 37 less than Cooper. AHS seems to do a little more with the yards they gain than Cooper does. Also, the Eagle blackshirts are statistically better than the Cooper defense. However, I'm not sure I would put too much stock into that...

Can't wait for 10/29...looks like it's shaping up to be a great game, with possibly the district title on the line!

eaglefan87
10-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Agreed. However, there are a couple of differences that stand out to me. AHS has scored 36 more points while allowing 37 less than Cooper. AHS seems to do a little more with the yards they gain than Cooper does. Also, the Eagle blackshirts are statistically better than the Cooper defense. However, I'm not sure I would put too much stock into that...
Can't wait for 10/29...looks like it's shaping up to be a great game, with possibly the district title on the line!

I would put all my stock in that. Cooper D gives up way too many big plays. AHS D is better and will be the difference when these two meet. The one thing that worries me is that Cooper rushing attack though.

Not really surprised by the offensive numbers.....both Os are good and can put up some big numbers in a hurry.

ahseagle'09
10-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I would put all my stock in that. Cooper D gives up way too many big plays. AHS D is better and will be the difference when these two meet. The one thing that worries me is that Cooper rushing attack though.

Not really surprised by the offensive numbers.....both Os are good and can put up some big numbers in a hurry.

What I meant was that stats can be deceiving, especially since these are based on just two games. I have to agree that I believe our defense is the better of the two.

As far that rushing attack goes, I think it depends on how well our defense can control the line of scrimmage. As we saw earlier in the season, if we fail to do that, we're in for a rough going.

Think Cooper might try any wildcat after seeing how our defense struggled with it against Odessa?

abilenefan
10-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Predictions for tonight:

Abilene High 42
Midland High 28

Abilene Cooper 45
Odessa High 44

Odessa Permian 58
Midland Lee 56

AHSeagles
10-22-2010, 03:00 PM
About time to make my picks before I head out to Midland.

Abilene vs. Midland
Cooper vs. Odessa
Permian vs. Midland Lee

I'm going with Abilene, Cooper, and Permian. Midland has a stout D, but we're finally healthy and the O line is finally coming together. Close through 3 but the Eagles pull away in the 4th by 17. Cooper will once again win a high scoring affair (if Marquez plays). Cooper has a knack for going up big plays and Marquez will take a couple to the house. Cooper by 10. Permian has a high octane offense at times and Lee's defense is less than stellar. The Mojo D wasn't all world either, so this could be a high scoring game as well. Mojo by 21.

Warbird_Dad
10-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Okay, so AHS & Cooper are both in the playoffs for sure. Midland is pretty much a lock with Lee and Cooper left to play; Lee is currently in position to take the 4th spot with Midland & Odessa left.

Commentary...??

eaglefan87
10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Well another week down in the LSWC.

AHS 28 - MHS 18
Cooper 45 - OHS 8
Lee 20 - Mojo 13

Standings after Week 8 with 2 weeks left in the reg season

Abilene 3-0
Cooper 3-0
Midland 2-1
Lee 1-2
OHS 0-3
Permian 0-3

Some big crosstown showdowns next week that will go a long way in settling the district championship & race for the POs.