PDA

View Full Version : GAMEDAY -- Fiesta Bowl -- Boise State vs. TCU

Pages : [1] 2

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/68.gif
Boise State (13-0)

1. Run the ball: During last season's matchup between these two teams, Boise State rushed for 28 yards on 20 carries, and 20 of those yards came on one carry. The Broncos must rush the ball to take the pressure off quarterback Kellen Moore and keep the TCU defense honest. The Boise State running game has been better this season, rushing for almost 200 yards per game, but it hasn’t faced a defense as stout as TCU’s.

2. Perform in the red zone: One of the biggest problems for the Broncos last season was their inability to execute in the red zone. Either they’d get into the red zone and a penalty would knock them out, or they’d falter and have to settle for a field goal. With the way the TCU offense has performed this season, field goals won’t win this game.

3. Watch the pass: All week Boise State’s defense has said its primary focus is on stopping the run. And while TCU is a great running team, quarterback Andy Dalton and the Horned Frogs receiving corps also have been good and could take advantage of safeties overcommitting to the running games.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/2628.gif
1. Pressure Moore: TCU’s defensive pressure forced two sacks, eight tackles for loss, an interception and a fumble against Boise State a year ago, which helped contribute to the Horned Frogs win. The Horned Frogs need to get that same pressure if they expect to stay in this game. Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore is far more savvy with the football and his quick release makes it hard to get to him. But if the Horned Frogs can apply some pressure it will sway the game in their favor.

2. Diversify the offense: The Horned Frogs offense has been balanced this year and that will provide them the most success against a Boise State defense that is focusing on the run. TCU quarterback Andy Dalton was OK in this game a year ago, but he’s so much better. He needs to use both his arm and his feet to keep the Boise State defense off balance.

3. Let Kerley loose: One of the areas of the game that hasn’t been talked about much this week has been the ability of kick and punt returner Jeremy Kerley to change a game. Kerley already has returned two punts for touchdowns this year and has consistently been one of the biggest special teams threats in the country. Even if the Broncos try and kick it away from Kerley on kickoffs, they’ll have to contend with Greg McCoy, whom teammates say is the fastest player on the team.

source (http://espn.go.com/blog/NCFNation/post/_/id/17226/three-keys-tostitos-fiesta-bowl)

Going to be a great game. Go Frogs.

As for my analysis, both coaches are great at preparing game plans. Execution will be the difference. If Boise stays close, you can never count them out. TCU finished the season with the offense on fire and scoring in bunches. My heart says blowout, Vegas says TCU -7 1/2 after opening at 6, and the team is healthy except for R Priest. But McCoy is a great corner also, just that Priest has started 50 games. Hard to lose that leadership and not be affected.

chhspantherfan says

TCU 31
Boise St 12

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
TGO is looking forward to seeing this game. I think TCU wins it, but BSU will give them a game. Lady TGO said TCU would handle Boise easy... I'm not so sure about easy, but I do think they'll win.

Then it's Iowa vs GT, tomorrow... and finally "3 hrs of Comedy" on Thursday Night!

Go Frogs!
ROLL TIDE! ROLL!

svhorns
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I have Boise winning this thing.

Favpack
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
TGO is looking forward to seeing this game. I think TCU wins it, but BSU will give them a game. Lady TGO said TCU would handle Boise easy... I'm not so sure about easy, but I do think they'll win.

Then it's Iowa vs GT, tomorrow... and finally "3 hrs of Comedy" on Thursday Night!

Go Frogs!
ROLL TIDE! ROLL!

Stoops couldn't win a game in January if he got all his brothers back to help. So, thankfully, the B12 representative is an actual team that doesn't contain the word choke in their moniker. Matt and Tebow could have beaten visor-boy right-handed - McElroy will need to be sharp to win, but he probably does win.

TCU will make Kellen look slower than he is tonight - which is really slow.

JagFan
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I am torn on this one. I think TCU probably wins it but my heart is with Boise State. Flower Mound TE playing for them. Great kid and great family. Hard to cheer against him. :)

svhorns
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Stoops couldn't win a game in January if he got all his brothers back to help. So, thankfully, the B12 representative is an actual team that doesn't contain the word choke in their moniker. Matt and Tebow could have beaten visor-boy right-handed - McElroy will need to be sharp to win, but he probably does win.

Chokelahoma. LMAO. Sun Bowl baby! OU won the sun bowl! OU beat a stanford team by 7 without luck in the Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! lol. Good job Chokelahoma.

svhorns
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

the sun bowl. wow. I still can't get over that.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM

All of that... only to agree. Thanks for participating, Radio.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Chokelahoma. LMAO. Sun Bowl baby! OU won the sun bowl! OU beat a stanford team by 7 without luck in the Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! Sun Bowl! lol. Good job Chokelahoma.

My God.. I'm glad you're a Sip. The pain of denial must be un-real.

CCCSportsFan
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
TCU wins this one, but Boise State will give them a very good game. The Frog's are on a mission and after the Cincy blowout, want to prove they are the real thing.

svhorns
01-04-2010, 01:10 PM
My God.. I'm glad you're a Sip. The pain of denial must be un-real.

Nice win in the Sunny Bowl! Great season overall for the Sooners. I would say OU exceeded expectations this year. That Sun Bowl win was huge. Ya'll won the last game of the year... finally.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
TCU wins this one, but Boise State will give them a very good game. The Frog's are on a mission and after the Cincy blowout, want to prove they are the real thing.

this is the big reason for my score prediction. People want to dismiss them, but what most don't realize is that Coach Patterson has building to this for a long time and they are THAT GOOD.

Patterson's .759 winning percentage is fifth among active coaches in the Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly called Division I-A).

As TCU's head coach, Patterson has had 21 players drafted with a total of 41 in NFL camps.

source (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/patterson_gary00.html)

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Nice win in the Sunny Bowl! Great season overall for the Sooners. I would say OU exceeded expectations this year. That Sun Bowl win was huge. Ya'll won the last game of the year... finally.

You are correct. Oklahoma beat Stanford. The same Stanford that blew out USC and beat Oregon, Notre Dame. And.. Stanford played w/ the same QB (Pritchard) who led Stanford to an upset win over undefeated USC in 2007. And.. Stanford has scored 40 tds, this season. 27 of them came from Toby. While Luck has a ton of potential and will prove to be a great QB, he wasn't the #1 reason why Stanford beat USC, Notre Dame, and Oregon. Toby was.

Toby accounted for 9 tds and 606 rushing yds vs USC, Oregon, and Notre Dame. 3 tds and 202 yds per game. He had 136 yds and 2 tds vs Oklahoma.

Actually, Stanford was about on par w/ Texas effort vs OU

Texas vs Oklahoma = 269 total yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 262 total yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 142 rush yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 145 rush yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 127 pass yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 117 pass yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 53.8% completion pct.
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 43.4% completion pct.

Texas vs Oklahoma = 16 pts (1 td, 3 FG's)
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 27 pts (3 tds, 2 FG's)

Yep...

I could see Texas beating Stanford, too...

Texas - 35
Stanford (minus Andrew Luck) - 28
Final

What's your point?! :rolleyes:

pied
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm torn.

I used to not like TCU, but am now indifferent to a somewhat favorable feeling towards them
I have always liked Boise, well at least the last ten years or or so. Rooted for them at the innagural Ft. Worth Bowl against TCU
TCU is from Texas, so that should be a plus
Boise Winning would quiet some of the TCU fans complaining about not being in the title game
Boise winning would give Moore one more and he doesn't need any help breaking Colt's all time win record.

I think I want TCU to win a very ugly 7-3 game or something, although I think that TCU wins pretty big in this one.

back to the 2007 Stanford-USC discussion...

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm torn.

I used to not like TCU, but am now indifferent to a somewhat favorable feeling towards them
I have always liked Boise, well at least the last ten years or or so. Rooted for them at the innagural Ft. Worth Bowl against TCU
Boise Winning would quiet some of the TCU fans complaining about not being in the title game Boise winning would give Moore one more and he doesn't need any help breaking Colt's all time win record.

I think I want TCU to win a very ugly 7-3 game or something, although I think that TCU wins pretty big in this one.

and the legacy of self righteous TSips continues :rolleyes:

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm torn.

Boise Winning would quiet some of the TCU fans complaining about not being in the title game
Boise winning would give Moore one more and he doesn't need any help breaking Colt's all time win record.

No discussion. Rumblings vs fact.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
and the legacy of self righteous tsips continues :rolleyes:

Seems like it'll never end...

But it will...

Thursday night...

svhorns
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
You are correct. Oklahoma beat Stanford. The same Stanford that blew out USC and beat Oregon, Notre Dame. And.. Stanford played w/ the same QB (Pritchard) who led Stanford to an upset win over undefeated USC in 2007. And.. Stanford has scored 40 tds, this season. 27 of them came from Toby. While Luck has a ton of potential and will prove to be a great QB, he wasn't the #1 reason why Stanford beat USC, Notre Dame, and Oregon. Toby was.

Toby accounted for 9 tds and 606 rushing yds vs USC, Oregon, and Notre Dame. 3 tds and 202 yds per game. He had 136 yds and 2 tds vs Oklahoma.

Actually, Stanford was about on par w/ Texas effort vs OU

Texas vs Oklahoma = 269 total yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 262 total yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 142 rush yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 145 rush yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 127 pass yds
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 117 pass yds

Texas vs Oklahoma = 53.8% completion pct.
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 43.4% completion pct.

Texas vs Oklahoma = 16 pts (1 td, 3 FG's)
Stanford vs Oklahoma = 27 pts (3 tds, 2 FG's)

Yep...

I could see Texas beating Stanford, too...

Texas - 35
Stanford (minus Andrew Luck) - 28
Final

What's your point?! :rolleyes:

OU played in the Sun Bowl. Good job.

pied
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
and the legacy of self righteous TSips continues :rolleyes:

boo hoo

After further reflection, having a local fanbase claim that your team shouldn't be in the title game in favor of theirs is being self righteous and I apologize. it makes perfect sense for me to want them to continue. In fact it's my duty as a sip fan to want as many people to downplay the accomplishements of my team in favor of theirs as possible. Thank you for setting me straight.

pied
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
No discussion. Rumblings vs fact.

of two teams that did not play TCU or Boise, right?

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I would hope that Texas will make a bowl no less than a BCS in the coming years to back up all this weak bowl smack.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
boo hoo

After further reflection, having a local fanbase claim that your team shouldn't be in the title game in favor of theirs is being self righteous and I apologize. it makes perfect sense for me to want them to continue. In fact it's my duty as a sip fan to want as many people to downplay the accomplishements of my team in favor of theirs as possible. Thank you for setting me straight.

not at all, you read it through orange tint. good luck Thursday. We are happy to be in the BCS bowl. Can we not have an opinion about that? or is that reserved for UT only?

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
really boils down to the hijacking of the thread Pied.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
OU played in the Sun Bowl. Good job.

Your level of intelligence is stunning. I'd have a clearer conversation with a monkey.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
not at all, you read it through orange tint. good luck Thursday. We are happy to be in the BCS bowl. Can we not have an opinion about that? or is that reserved for UT only?

That's the point. You're not allowed to have an opinion or show any doubt - what-so-ever - in the capabalities of TU. Opinion = aggie or ou sucks. Doubt = enemy.

77 hrs until act 1 of "3 hrs of Comedy"...

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
really boils down to the hijacking of the thread Pied.

The word "hijack" doesn't compute with Sip Nation. Better try another word like "denial", "homer", or "God".

It's actually pretty pathetic.

pied
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM

huh?

pied
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
The word "hijack" doesn't compute with Sip Nation. Better try another word like "denial", "homer", or "God".

Taking us back to post #2 of this thread....

Go Frogs!
ROLL TIDE! ROLL!

tayb
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM

LOL. Speaking of hijack... the "3 hours of comedy" and about two out of every three of your posts come to mind.

Thanks for making your font normal sized again. It was making it even harder to ignore you.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Taking us back to post #2 of this thread....

What's your point? I answered the thread question. I made a reference as to the upcoming games.

I didn't rave about a Bowl game that has already been played... time and agan. That would = Sip Nation Protocol.

tayb
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
By the way, go Boise State.

pied
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
What's your point? I answered the thread question. I made a reference as to the upcoming games.

I didn't rave about a Bowl game that has already been played... time and agan. That would = Sip Nation Protocol.

uh huh....

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL. Speaking of hijack... the "3 hours of comedy" and about two out of every three of your posts come to mind.

Thanks for making your font normal sized again. It was making it even harder to ignore you.

Yet, you've continuously replied?

svhorns
01-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Your level of intelligence is stunning. I'd have a clearer conversation with a monkey.

I'm still in the early stages of evolution. My grandparents are primates. My grandparents also said congrats to OU for the Sun Bowl win... then they threw a banana at me. All in all what I'm saying is Oklahoma had a great season and won their last game of the season. The Sun Bowl is a very prestigous bowl game and anyone would be lucky to spend their Holidays in El Paso, Texas. Great season Oklahoma you have def. showed what Oklahoma football is all about.

tayb
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
All I see is emptiness...

svhorns
01-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I would hope that Texas will make a bowl no less than a BCS in the coming years to back up all this weak bowl smack.

We're Texas.

RedRage00
01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
We're Texas.

What starts here changes the world :cool:

Firebird
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
the students, alumni, faculty, staff, coaches, and players are texas.

fify....:)

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM

nvm... lol

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM

:)

RedRage00
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM

You forgot alumni but quickly fixed it ;)

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
You forgot alumni but quickly fixed it ;)

Alright. That's what I thought but it was so fast that I figured I just misread it and edited my own post instead.

pied
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Fair enough

We're Texas

svhorns
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM

and fans!

svhorns
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Lets not get off track. I was congratulating Oklahoma on a great season. Sun Bowl Champs!

Firebird
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
and fans!

We're Texas fans!

There you go. A better description of the relationship many people have to Texas.

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
We're Texas fans!

There you go. A better description of the relationship many people have to Texas.

lol. You're brutal sometimes.

svhorns
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
We're Texas fans!

I'm a proud member of the Longhorn nation. Whatever floats your boat firebird. We all know that I didn't go to school at Texas. It's been beaten to death.... but

We're Texas. We are a dominant force in college football. We have the longest current streak of winning 10 or more games in consecutive seasons. We are awesome. We're Texas. I am awesome. Congrats to OU Sun Bowl Champs!

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
We're Texas fans!

I saw many fans in orange throwing up the hook em at the Alamo Bowl this past weekend.

I shake my head in disgust.

Firebird
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm a proud member of the Longhorn nation of fans. Whatever floats your boat firebird. We all know that I didn't go to school at Texas. It's been beaten to death.... but

They're Texas. They are a dominant force in college football. They have the longest current streak of winning 10 or more games in consecutive seasons. They are awesome. They're Texas. I am awesome because I associate myself with them, whether they are associated with me or not. Congrats to OU Sun Bowl Champs!

fify

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I saw many fans in orange throwing up the hook em at the Alamo Bowl this past weekend.

I shake my head in disgust.

I saw tortilla's fly onto the field...

ditto...

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
i saw tortilla's fly onto the field...

Ditto...

holla

svhorns
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
fify

Hahahahahaha. We will be National Champolines! On Jan. 7th at approx. 11:00 pm

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:40 PM

While your at it, can you gaze into your crystal ball and tell me who the nest HC will be at Tech?

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
holla

Flag on the play....

Ah,...

Tortilla on the play...

I just want to know how the hell you guys get in the stadium with tortillas. They practically cavity search you at DKR... can't even sneak in with a freakin tiny water bottle. "Is that a water bottle." "Uh, no, just happy to be here."

svhorns
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
While your at it, can you gaze into your crystal ball and tell me who the nest HC will be at Tech?

Coach Ruff

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Flag on the play....

Ah,...

Tortilla on the play...

I just want to know how the hell you guys get in the stadium with tortillas. They practically cavity search you at DKR... can't even sneak in with a freakin tiny water bottle.

They are cracking down on them at the Jones but you can still see them fly on kickoffs. I don't think Alamo Bowl security even gave the tortilla a second thought.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Coach Ruff

Thank God.

Firebird

Here you go. You'll find some good smack from this guy. He also has a team that he likes.

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/you_will_suffer_humiliation

If Texas wins the national championship, congrats. If you take particular enjoyment when a team from one school you didn't go to beats a team from another school you didn't go to for a national championship, then good for you I guess. Whatever floats your boat there.

RedRage00
They are cracking down on them at the Jones but you can still see them fly on kickoffs. I don't think Alamo Bowl security even gave the tortilla a second thought.

They thought yall were working concessions ;)

Who wants a fajita taco? :D

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Clearly.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Clearly.

It was awesome though, seeing that many tortillas.

I don't care what kind of win it was or who it was against, the amount of pride I felt in my school after we won was one that I have never felt before. I've never been so proud of a team after everything that happened in the previous days. The fans were so loud. It was just awesome.

pied
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Here you go. You'll find some good smack from this guy. He also has a team that he likes.

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/you_will_suffer_humiliation

If Texas wins the national championship, congrats. If you take particular enjoyment when a team from one school you didn't go to beats a team from another school you didn't go to for a national championship, then good for you I guess. Whatever floats your boat there.

You must be a lot of fun at Super Bowl parties...

pied = defender of the t-shirt fans, no matter the color of the tshirt

pied
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM

I don't care what kind of win it was or who it was against, the amount of pride I felt in my school after we won was one that I have never felt before. I've never been so proud of a team after everything that happened in the previous days. The fans were so loud. It was just awesome.

tortilla throwing = awesome

Firebird
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
You must be a lot of fun at Super Bowl parties...

pied = defender of the t-shirt fans, no matter the color of the tshirt

The NFL when you get down to it is kinda lame. All pro sports leagues are. You're basically the guy in the Onion article if you get too worked up about a pro sports team.

But some people get validation from an emotional attachment with multimillionaires that have never even sent them a Christmas card. Whatever works.

tayb
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Yeah. You usually don't catch that sort of stuff at home on TV... but I did, several times. Touchdown = tortilla flies across the screen.

I just have to wonder. Who the hell said, "TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! THROW THOSE MOTHER F'IN TORTILLAAAAAAASSSSSSS"

pied
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
The NFL when you get down to it is kinda lame. All pro sports leagues are. You're basically the guy in the Onion article if you get too worked up about a pro sports team.

But some people get validation from an emotional attachment with multimillionaires that have never even sent them a Christmas card. Whatever works.

I am a bandwagon Dallas fan for pro sports. Simply not enough time to devote to following caring about a non-contending pro team in my life at them moment. I try to be a Liverpool fan, but it's hard to find time for that as well. Still claim them though.

I know a ton of Cowboy diehards though. To each his own I guess. I'll take the college sports. It's been a particulaly good run lateyl in football/basketball/baseball for the sips.

slcdragonfan
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm totally confused. Is this about GTO's specific sexual attraction to UT, or is it about Boise State/TCU? I guess 'Sips have given you a lot of grief over the years GTO?

It's like the Hatfield's and McCoy's or, in more modern parlance, like the Sunnis vs. the Shiites, fighting over wrongs done to each other decades and years ago.

Oh Well, we need a permanent OU/UT thread, how about a TOD thread for the two? It could go on forever....

On Topic:
I support TCU, and any other Texas school. I also want Texas kids to do well, no matter what school they go to. Yes, even OU. One person mentioned a reason to want Boise State to win and that was because a local kid went there. Makes sense to me. But I am rooting for TCU, may have a daughter there next year, can't wait to get tickets if she does go....

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm totally confused. Is this about GTO's specific sexual attraction to UT, or is it about Boise State/TCU? I guess 'Sips have given you a lot of grief over the years GTO?

It's like the Hatfield's and McCoy's or, in more modern parlance, like the Sunnis vs. the Shiites, fighting over wrongs done to each other decades and years ago.

Oh Well, we need a permanent OU/UT thread, how about a TOD thread for the two? It could go on forever....

On Topic:
I support TCU, and any other Texas school. I also want Texas kids to do well, no matter what school they go to. Yes, even OU. One person mentioned a reason to want Boise State to win and that was because a local kid went there. Makes sense to me. But I am rooting for TCU, may have a daughter there next year, can't wait to get tickets if she does go....

Totaly agree- I have had to look up and read the thread title after reading some of the posts. And that would be #88 Chandler Koch for Bosie State red shirted last year and has had some play time this year. Sorry just excited for him;)

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah. You usually don't catch that sort of stuff at home on TV... but I did, several times. Touchdown = tortilla flies across the screen.

I just have to wonder. Who the hell said, "TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! THROW THOSE MOTHER F'IN TORTILLAAAAAAASSSSSSS"

Just a product of the Tech hate for aggy.

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM

You suck at being a Red Raider if you think tortillas have something to do with A&M.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
You suck at being a Red Raider if you think tortillas have something to do with A&M.

Ive always heard it does.

tayb
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Ya... I'm just not seeing the connection...

I sure do hate the Boston Red Sox... but the thought "Let's pelt these mother fu****s with tortilla's!!!" never popped into my head. How in the world did that become a tradition? I mean, I think it's pretty funny but how in the world did it start.

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Didn't the tortillas come out when some Aggie said the only thing we can do well in Lubbock is make tortillas and at the game the tortillas started flying?

I could be wrong on who said but that is my understanding on how it got started.

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Ive always heard it does.

A justification created after the fact. Tech students just liked throwing the tortillas they got with their sausage wraps back in the early 90s. A lot of times they weren't fresh and would fly far. Just became a cool thing to do.

It took off throughout the 90s and reached its zenith at the Cotton Bowl.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Didn't the tortillas come out when some Aggie said the only thing we can do well in Lubbock is make tortillas and at the game the tortillas started flying?

I could be wrong on who said but that is my understanding on how it got started.

Thats it. I couldn't recall the story.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
A justification created after the fact. Tech students just liked throwing the tortillas they got with their sausage wraps back in the early 90s. A lot of times they weren't fresh and would fly far. Just became a cool thing to do.

It took off throughout the 90s and reached its zenith at the Cotton Bowl.

Many different reasons then.

pied
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM

May not have been a nice thing to say, but it's accurate isn't it?

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
The "legend" is that it was ESPN announcers that said it, not Aggies, and they didn't say it in the first place.

So it does have something to do with A&M-- inferiority complex.

JagFan

Be careful you will get in trouble with LULAC for that!!!

F18mustang

Its not necessarily something Lubbock is known for.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
The "legend" is that it was ESPN announcers that said it, not Aggies, and they didn't say it in the first place.

Just like always. :rolleyes:

pied
Its not necessarily something Lubbock is known for.

Dust storms?

Firebird
Just like always. :rolleyes:

Y'all can't help it.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Dust storms?

Maybe in April.

chhspantherfan
Totaly agree- I have had to look up and read the thread title after reading some of the posts. And that would be #88 Chandler Koch for Bosie State red shirted last year and has had some play time this year. Sorry just excited for him;)

and the Dragons should be proud to know that two of their own are Frogs.

#6 Kevin Ortega
#44 David Stoltzman

;)

JagFan

No it was an Aggie that said it to an ESPN announcer. And yes Pedros makes the very best tortillas in Lubbock however Aggies got what they deserved after that racist mean comment. ;)

And never inferior!

F18mustang
Y'all can't help it.

I just can't. I wish Tech could go to such a pristine bowl as the Independence.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
No it was an Aggie that said it to an ESPN announcer. And yes Pedros makes the very best tortillas in Lubbock however Aggies got what they deserved after that racist mean comment. ;)

And never inferior!

Tamales are the best thing Pedros makes.

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM

#6 Kevin Ortega
#44 David Stoltzman

;)

May all of the Texas boys have great games ;)

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Tamales are the best thing Pedros makes.

Those too!! Their hot suace is amazing.

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM

And never inferior!

It wasn't ever said and beyond that A&M beat Texas Tech in 1992 and won the conference title.

I guess that counts as getting what A&M deserved.

Techfan makes me lol. Watching their long slide after Leach is going to be fun.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
It wasn't ever said and beyond that A&M beat Texas Tech in 1992 and won the conference title.

Want some pointers on slide watching? I have some really good notes and best slide watching parties on aggy from the past years

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Please note winkie smilie after they got what they deserved.

And speaking of huge slides:rolleyes: Care to discuss A&M's? You fell a whole lot further than Tech will IF they do indeed slide.

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
52-30

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
and Katy in Andy Dalton and Aundre Dean.

and Trinity in Henry Nuitei

and on and on.
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tcu-m-footbl-mtt.html

Are we UT, no. we are 60-21 all time against the horns.

Do we deserve to play for the title? your call

We are in a BCS bowl, undefeated, and consistent for a decade. The city is starting to respond, the graduation rate is great, the NFL development is excellent, and recruiting is better than ever. It is great to be climbing the mountain.

Tonight is our opportunity to shine on a national stage. Am I nervous? you better believe it! Am I confident? Without a doubt. Give me that first hit and I am fine. Perfect conditions.

pied
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
52-30

Saw that coming a mile away....

svhorns
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM

and on and on.

We are in a BCS bowl, undefeated, and consistent for a decade. The city is starting to respond, the graduation rate is great, the NFL development is excellent, and recruiting is better than ever. It is great to be climbing the mountain.

Tonight is our opportunity to shine on a national stage. Am I nervous? you better believe it! Am I confident? Without a doubt. Give me that first hit and I am fine. Perfect conditions.

21-60. Not 60-21

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
52-30

You have fun with your losing record.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
All time SWC football champions

Texas (27 titles, 21 outright): 1916, 1918, 1920, 1928, 1930, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1950, 1952, 1953*, 1959*, 1961*, 1962, 1963, 1968*, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975*, 1977, 1983, 1990, 1994*, 1995

Texas A&M (17, 15): 1917, 1919, 1921, 1925, 1927, 1939, 1940*, 1941, 1956, 1967, 1975*, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993

Arkansas (13, 7): 1936, 1946*, 1954, 1959*, 1960, 1961*, 1964, 1965, 1968*, 1975*, 1979*, 1988, 1989

SMU (11, 9): 1923, 1926, 1931, 1935, 1940*, 1947, 1948, 1966, 1981, 1982, 1984*

TCU (9, 7): 1929, 1932, 1938, 1944, 1951, 1955, 1958, 1959*, 1994*

Rice (7, 4): 1934, 1937, 1946*, 1949, 1953*, 1957, 1994*

Baylor (5, 4): 1922, 1924, 1974, 1980, 1994*

Houston (4, 1): 1976*, 1978, 1979*, 1984*

Texas Tech (2, 0): 1976*, 1994*

Oklahoma (1, 1): 1915

Firebird
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
You have fun with your losing record.

Have fun in the shed, cap'n.

52-30

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM

52-30

Was expecting nothing less.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
21-60. Not 60-21

thanks, right numbers and wrong spot. just wait til i have cocktails. ;):D

JagFan
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
52-30;)

And 6-4 on the loosing end in the last ten years. And please note that saying A&M fell a whole lot further than Tech could is a compliment to A&M and their history.

And I added a winkie smilie to your post because you said I could and I think you meant it like that.;)

tayb
01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
thanks, right numbers and wrong spot. just wait til i have cocktails. ;):D

Martini's tonight for me... lol. :cool:

But... yeah... no one has that kind of edge on Texas in all time records...

pied
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM

52-30

Punch line that will keep on giving for some time I think.

tayb
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM

52-30

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Oh man that won't get old for some time.

JagFan
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM

You are correct on that one.

slcdragonfan
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM

I'll look for him.

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM

Only speaking to the tears of Adam James.

pied
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Only speaking to the tears of Adam James.

It will be like the tortillas. Everyone will rememebr the shed, long after the exact root of it.

twcpfan1
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
If TCU wins the fans (mostly from DFW no less) will all come out of the woodwork and start acting like Longhorn fans. I don't think I can take it.

Go Boise.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Martini's tonight for me... lol. :cool:

But... yeah... no one has that kind of edge on Texas in all time records...

Vodka or Gin?

If Vodka, then have you tried the new DeLos Vodk being distilled in Dallas?

If Gin, then there is nothing like Hendricks.

Either way......stained with dry vermouth, and rinsed with olive juice. shaken with ice and served up with a twist.

As far as the records, it takes just as much fortitude to be on the wrong side of those numbers as the right. The Frogs have a core support that was there in the lean years and is still there today. It will grow as we continue to succeed. Again, it is a great journey climbing the mountain.

slcdragonfan
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM

#6 Kevin Ortega
#44 David Stoltzman

;)

Yep. :D What ever happened to Renfro?

twcpfan1
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Vodka or Gin?

Either way......stained with dry vermouth, and rinsed with olive juice. shaken with ice and served up with a twist.

As far as the records, it takes just as much fortitude to be on the wrong side of those numbers as the right. The Frogs have a core support that was there in the lean years and is still there today. It will grow as we continue to succeed. Again, it is a great journey climbing the mountain.

Redneck James Bond :D

JagFan
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll look for him.

And I will look for the former Dragons on TCU side.

#6 Kevin Ortega
#44 David Stoltzman

slcdragonfan
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM

and on and on.

Yes, TCU deserves to play for a title. But so does Texas and so does Alabama. Just they way the cookie crumbled. I think they should fix the BCS, but that is another topic.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
If TCU wins the fans (mostly from DFW no less) will all come out of the woodwork and start acting like Longhorn fans. I don't think I can take it.

Go Boise.

You need to come spend the weekend in downtown Fort Worth, it is awesome in its own way. Will make you want to buy season tix and live here in the fall. You can be one the bandwagon people. ;)

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Yep. :D What ever happened to Renfro?

running track. had surgery last year. will see this spring.

pied
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM

Go Boise.

you missed it earlier

and the legacy of self righteous rugby fans continues :rolleyes:

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, TCU deserves to play for a title. But so does Texas and so does Alabama. Just they way the cookie crumbled. I think they should fix the BCS, but that is another topic.

that is why i said, "your call". I am not denying Texas nor Bama their place in the game. But to discount the Frogs is akin to not recognizing Utah's thumping of Bama last year.

twcpfan1
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
you missed it earlier

Yeah I sure did. Where the heck did that come from? :confused:

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
you missed it earlier

Hey Pie Eyed, I of all people am not coming out of the woodwork. I was out of the woodwork when we couldn't win a game in the 70s. :cool:

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

it wasn't my quote, he doctored it. he is just like snopes:rolleyes:

pied
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

first page, I substituted Tsips for rugby fans.

pied
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey Pie Eyed, I of all people am not coming out of the woodwork. I was out of the woodwork when we couldn't win a game in the 70s. :cool:

Not talking about you or really any of the fans. Moreso the local media.

tayb
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Vodka or Gin?

Vodka until I run out... then I'm switching to Mexican Martini's with tequila. I always feel odd pouring a Mex Mart into a martini glass though... it really is just a margarita on the rocks... minus the rocks... Still delicious though. Have my own personal Mex Mart "recipe."

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Not talking about you or really any of the fans. Moreso the local media.

It has already happened. Of course, the original owner of the Star Telegram was Amon Carter. It only stands to reason that they would come back around.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Vodka until I run out... then I'm switching to Mexican Martini's with tequila. I always feel odd pouring a Mex Mart into a martini glass though... it really is just a margarita on the rocks... minus the rocks... Still delicious though. Have my own personal Mex Mart "recipe."

Enjoy, we have a watching party here so I am waiting until a few guest show up..........I think.

twcpfan1
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
You need to come spend the weekend in downtown Fort Worth, it is awesome in its own way. Will make you want to buy season tix and live here in the fall. You can be one the bandwagon people. ;)

Seriously, I probably should make it a point to visit one day. Only driven through it on the way to moving to Houston. Only other place I've seen is Grand Prairie when I went there for business once in the 90's

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Seriously, I probably should make it a point to visit one day. Only driven through it on the way to moving to Houston. Only other place I've seen is Grand Prairie when I went there for business once in the 90's

I was afraid of that. Come on !!!!

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I hope TCU comes out and pounds Boise State. They should have been the ones playing Florida.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I hope TCU comes out and pounds Boise State. They should have been the ones playing Florida.

This. TCU has really impressed over the past few seasons. Should've beaten Utah, last year.

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
This. TCU has really impressed over the past few seasons. Should've beaten Utah, last year.

missed opportunities or otherwise we would have been a one loss team with the only loss to a titlegame team. but I will take it, much better than the alternative.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
missed opportunities or otherwise we would have been a one loss team with the only loss to a titlegame team. but I will take it, much better than the alternative.

If TCU rolls BSU, it'll be interesting to see where TCU ranks, coming back for 2010. W/ what they return, my God... they could have their highest pre-season ranking, ever. Add in Aundre Dean (Katy HS) who transfered from USC, and wow... it could be good times, next year.

Looking forward to tonight.

AbEagleFan
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
TCU's helmets = Bowling Balls... :D

Allstarkaw
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Pick Six!

JOH
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I said it some 12 games ago. I'll say it again. TCU sucks.

Allstarkaw
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I said it some 12 games ago. I'll say it again. TCU sucks.
I've Been Attracted To Boise Ever Since That Electrifying Fiesta Bowl Against Oklahoma..
One Of The Best Games Ever...

SkyHighSkyline
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Boise is about to take it to the Horned Frogs.

As a side note. . .The Horned Frogs coach seems like he has a gigantic chip on his shoulder.

JOH
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
TCU isn't use to the noise...Used to empty stadiums...

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Great denial after a seemingly compensable drive.

twcpfan1
01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Is there a Webcast anywhere?

JOH
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Boise is about to take it to the Horned Frogs.

As a side note. . .The Horned Frogs coach seems like he has a gigantic chip on his shoulder.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s47/Johnizluv/chip.jpg?t=1262657093

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
TCU having a hard time getting their offense in sync...

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Once they get it going this could be a blowout the way the defense is playing.

cajun
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
How did TCU go undefeated?

4th and 1
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM

They won all there games....

SkyHighSkyline
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Boise State shows TCU NO respect on Fourth and 3.

mad_fan
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM

That was 2009...

ktCarl
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
TCU is pulling massive choke job.

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Get the ref his glasses.

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Vodka or Gin?

It probably tastes like hair spray if it's from Big Hair Dallas.

Titos is the best from Texas.

TulsaHale74
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
They played in the Big 12.:rolleyes:

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I've Been Attracted To Boise Ever Since That Electrifying Fiesta Bowl Against Oklahoma..
One Of The Best Games Ever...

This.

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
And just like that...

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 08:50 PM
And just like that...

They're still losing right now, just like that :p

cajun
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to the bands...:rolleyes:

Neither one of these teams play with Texas, The Gumps or Gators...

mad_fan
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Looking forward to the bands...:rolleyes:

Neither one of these teams play with Texas, The Gumps or Gators...

The polls don't lie...:rolleyes:

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
They're still losing right now, just like that :p3 offensive points in two quarters by BSU, now that's a killer offense. TCU just shoved it down their throats in less than 2 mins for SIX.

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
3 offensive points in two quarters by BSU, now that's a killer offense. TCU just shoved it down their throats in less than 2 mins for SIX.

Six points for a top 5 offense? Not really that great. I'm not impressed. But then again, I think TCU is just overall lame.

TulsaHale74
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
...at a ratio of 70:30 girls to guys, if a TCU football player has a fat little girlfriend it's because he likes em that way.

ROD LEE
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Six points for a top 5 offense? Not really that great. I'm not impressed. But then again, I think TCU is just overall lame.I'm not very good with mixing the past with the present.

svhorns
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
fake punt! That was great!

hahahaha f'n Boise St.

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow. Craptastic game. Try that fake punt on UT's D...

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Wow. Craptastic game. Try that fake punt on UT's D...

It'd probably work.

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
It'd probably work.

Ha...No. Try that on Florida. Or Bama. Not happening.

Neither team is making much of a case to the BCS. In fact, I'm thinking 3,4,6 should be 7,8,9.

okt0ber
01-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Ha...No. Try that on Florida. Or Bama. Not happening.

Neither team is making much of a case to the BCS. In fact, I'm thinking 3,4,6 should be 7,8,9.

I agree with that.

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
This game is over. Go home TCU.

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
TCU 31
Boise St 12

Boise- 17
TCU- 10

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Bye TCU

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Hughes should punch Hout, IMO. ;)

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Congratulations Boise State.

Great season Frogs.

I love me some 5ATexasFootball.com

chhspantherfan
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Bahahaha!

Boise- 17
TCU- 10

I know, it is killing me .

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, so much for that.

I was screaming "WATCH THE FAKE" on the 4th and 9...

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I know, it is killing me .

Its okay. They fooled almost everyone.

RedRage00
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Bahahaha!

Boise- 17
TCU- 10

lol

JOH
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Well, so much for that.

I was screaming "WATCH THE FAKE" on the 4th and 9...

Watch the what?

-Signed,
The Fiesta Bowl OU Defense

thestud
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
and of course all of thewannabe boise thugs are yelling that they're number 1. bunch of incoherent *************:rolleyes:. they don't stand a chance against Florida, OU, or even OSU for cryin out loud. idiots.

Favpack
01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
What can you say - Andy and his receivers picked a bad day to have a bad game. TCU was beaten in almost every phase except the run offense - TCU will be back - but they were out played and out-coached.

Oh... and keep yo' mouth shut next year. Bad karma to whine about what bowl you play in don't ya' think?

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Bye TCU

LOL! You guys are bruuuuutal on TCU. They just want respect, just like BSU. Now, they're 1-1 vs one another. Next year, both teams return a ton of players... maybe they can go for Round 3? Anyhow... TGO will admit, I don't think BSU or TCU beats Florida, Alabama, or Texas. I thought I'd get more out of them, tonight. I didn't.

DAMN GOOD TEAMS, THOUGH!

JOH
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
and of course all of thewannabe boise thugs are yelling that they're number 1. bunch of incoherent *************:rolleyes:.

Not quite #1, but hey...you beat...hahaha...TCU....

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Watch the what?

-Signed,
The Fiesta Bowl 2-loss Big XII Champion OU Defense

Totally agree.

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 11:02 PM
What can you say - Andy and his receivers picked a bad day to have a bad game. TCU was beaten in almost every phase except the run offense - TCU will be back - but they were out played and out-coached.

Oh... and keep yo' mouth shut next year. Bad karma to whine about what bowl you play in don't ya' think?

Let's see what bleedblue's thoughts are when he shows up again in July. ;)

thestud
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Not quite #1, but hey...you beat...hahaha...TCU....

It's kinda like two band kids arguing over who plays the french horn better, when the bottom line is they both blow.

JOH
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Totally agree.

Titles don't win you the big game.

JOH
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
It's kinda like two band kids arguing over who plays the french horn better, when the bottom line is they both blow.

Lol.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Titles don't win you the big game.

Oklahoma knows that more than any Big XII Team. (7)

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Let's see what bleedblue's thoughts are when he shows up again in July. ;)

LMFAO! Y'all wild. Leave that boy alone. :D

thestud
01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Lol.

and they're both gay. sorry idk how i left that one out.

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
LMFAO! Y'all wild. Leave that boy alone. :D

Couldn't resist. :D

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Oklahoma knows that more than any Big XII Team. (7)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Danthrax40/room_full_of_people_who_cares.jpg

SLC
01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Can I vote for Boise? Or is the poll closed now?:)

Seriously though...WTF???

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Danthrax40/room_full_of_people_who_cares.jpg

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_Radio/2003_radio_001.jpg
STWT.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Can I vote for Boise? Or is the poll closed now?:)

Seriously though...WTF???

Boise State scored a defensive td. That's the ballgame. Other than that... they're = !

JOH
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Boise State scored a defensive td. That's the ballgame. Other than that... they're = !

Both D's gave up 10. Whats that say about TCU, who, if I'm not mistaken is a Top 5 (maybe even #1-2) Defense, and the so called power Offense?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I shall eat crow. I was wrong and, the better team won.

Great job Broncos!:notworthy

ThEgReAtOnE
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Both D's gave up 10. Whats that say about TCU, who, if I'm not mistaken is a Top 5 (maybe even #1-2) Defense, and the so called power Offense?

That says the #1 total defense in the nation gave up 1 offensive td to the #1 scoring offense (44.2 ppg) in the Nation.

JOH
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I shall eat crow. I was wrong and, the better team won.

Great job Broncos!:notworthy

Damn decent of you.

But seriously, that takes some balls. Good on you. Maybe next year, right? You've already waited...a...long time...

slcdragonfan
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Congratulations Boise State.

Great season Frogs.

I love me some 5ATexasFootball.com

Sorry, chhspantherfan. How's the Vodka holding up? :o

Not a great night for Dalton.

RedRage00
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
poor chhspantherfan :D

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
hahahahahahahaha

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=250491716344

Matthew 2000 Eagle
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Damn decent of you.

But seriously, that takes some balls. Good on you. Maybe next year, right? You've already waited...a...long time...

Hey, it is what it is! We all eat crow from time to time and, it is the right thing to do when you're wrong.

Next year will be something to look forward too. Just like Boise returned almost everyone from last year, TCU will do the same. They'll have to replace Jerry Hughes, Darryl Washington and Rafael Priest on the defense. But, as Coach Patterson has proven, he'll just reload on defense. Greg McCoy started at corner for Priest tonight and, he did well.

They'll lose Joseph Turner on offense but, they'll return Ed Wesley and Matthew Tucker. Jimmy Young will be gone also but, they'll still have Hicks, Kerley, and Clay returning at reciever. Dalton will be back also and, as a whole, I expect this squad to come in with a chip on it's shoulder.

Boise State played a great game, in particular, on defense. Just like last year, this was a great defensive battle that was won by the better team. I'm ready to see how these 2 do next year!

RedRage00
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM
hahahahahahahaha

awesome lmao

F18mustang
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs167.snc3/19442_533144232566_4503661_31479572_1232959_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs228.snc3/21568_750752334218_7701987_42953716_5002635_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs195.snc3/20264_1322371860193_1257721583_955012_7685113_n.jp g

wesaxman34
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
hahahahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-r02-oZAW4 :notworthy

SLC
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Yep, I didn't think Andy played particularly well this evening. I really though this game was going to be a blowout win for the Christians.

SLC
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM

LMAO...That was a girl...haha..I had no idea.:)

F18mustang
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Its ok guys. She loves life....

http://thunder.boisestate.edu/Photos/2009_2010/09_03_09/Medium/DSC00327.JPG

twcpfan1
01-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Like I said, Florida would destroy both these teams. Nebraska would too I think.

svhorns
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6oYj55TTpU&feature=player_embedded

svhorns
01-05-2010, 12:16 AM
http://twitter.com/edsbs

F18mustang
01-05-2010, 12:17 AM

Holy ****.

the_phoenix612
01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
503 error. What is it?

F18mustang
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
503 error. What is it?

Shes blind.

okt0ber
01-05-2010, 12:28 AM
503 error. What is it?

It worked fine for me.

yankee
01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
hahahaha oh ****.

SLC
01-05-2010, 01:00 AM

Damn. My bad.:(

ktCarl
01-05-2010, 06:28 AM
TCU choked. The game was too big for them. Classic choke job.

JagFan
01-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Good game. :)

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Sorry, chhspantherfan. How's the Vodka holding up? :o

Not a great night for Dalton.

Petersen and staff had a great defensive plan and executed it. Our defense played well enough to win, but the offense was confused all night. We are not geared to throw the ball 44 times and run it 20. Pretty much the opposite.

Great win Boise State.

We will be back. This is the start, not the end.

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Oh, and one more thing.

Thanks for the year Frogs. It was a great ride. :D

CCCSportsFan
01-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Petersen and staff had a great defensive plan and executed it. Our defense played well enough to win, but the offense was confused all night. We are not geared to throw the ball 44 times and run it 20. Pretty much the opposite.

Great win Boise State.

We will be back. This is the start, not the end.

Panther, I only got to see the second half of the game, but you are spot on with this assessment. TCU just looked confused on offense and seemed to be forcing things to much. The defense played outstanding in the second half and definitely good enough to win.

Great year Frogs :notworthy

Favpack
01-05-2010, 07:46 AM
TCU should have won 21-3. You can't throw a pick 6 and give up a fake punt when your O is out of sync.

I counted at least 6 dropped passes - Hicks dropped td pass with 6 minutes left sealed it.

wesaxman34
01-05-2010, 07:51 AM

!!!!! :Censor:

ThEgReAtOnE
01-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Her face = pure FML.

pied
01-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Kind of found myself rooting for the Frogs, or feeling bad for them. The fans looked absolutely shocked that they were gettnig beat, which was a little odd. It was a great season and I hope they are able to enjoy it and realize that they don't come as often as most of us fans like.

ThEgReAtOnE
01-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Kind of found myself rooting for the Frogs, or feeling bad for them. The fans looked absolutely shocked that they were gettnig beat, which was a little odd. It was a great season and I hope they are able to enjoy it and realize that they don't come as often as most of us fans like.

The game hung on 1 defensive td. That's what bothers me. I hate when games are decided like that. There was no CLEAR CUT winner, last night. Meaning, yes.. BSU won, but both teams were essentially waiting on the other team to make a mistake. In typical fashion, BSU calls a fake punt.. on their own 27 yd-line. That.. and the INT-TD was the difference. Outside of that, both teams plaed virtually the same. They each made big pass-plays.. and big defensive plays.

Also, the saddest thing is because this was a BCS Bowl game played on National TV, no one will remember that TCU beat this BSU team, in last year's Bowl game. All next season people will hype up BSU for having beaten TCU, but both teams have been fairly the same for the last 2 years... very young. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. if I'm TCU.

And... TCU needs to adopt some trick plays.

Firebird
01-05-2010, 08:45 AM
The game hung on 1 defensive td. That's what bothers me. I hate when games are decided like that. There was no CLEAR CUT winner, last night. Meaning, yes.. BSU won, but both teams were essentially waiting on the other team to make a mistake. In typical fashion, BSU calls a fake punt.. on their own 27 yd-line. That.. and the INT-TD was the difference. Outside of that, both teams plaed virtually the same. They each made big pass-plays.. and big defensive plays.

Also, the saddest thing is because this was a BCS Bowl game played on National TV, no one will remember that TCU beat this BSU team, in last year's Bowl game. All next season people will hype up BSU for having beaten TCU, but both teams have been fairly the same for the last 2 years... very young. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. if I'm TCU.

And... TCU needs to adopt some trick plays.

I saw no clear winner of UT-- Nebraska, either, or Alabama--Tennessee.....every team, even the great ones will have a game like that. The great ones win them. Both of those games were won with quite a bit of luck and help from some mistakes by the other team.

I find it funny that earlier people were hyping up TCU as perhaps having more of a case to be in the NC game than Texas, now we are trying to dismiss Boise's win because it was "only" by a narrow margin against undefeated TCU.

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 08:47 AM

the bar has been raised with respect to expectations. Which is a good thing. Indeed, it was a great season and we do look forward to another next year.

tayb
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM

I found myself rooting loudly for Boise.

And LMAO at how arrogant the TCU fans on TV before the game were. "We're going to kill them. Not going to be close." "I'd say 50-20 sounds about right." "We're going to win by at least two touchdowns." I mean, did a single TCU fan that they interviewed have an ounce of respect for Boise State? It's totally cool to expect your team to win but come on.

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 09:11 AM

And LMAO at how arrogant the TCU fans on TV before the game were. "We're going to kill them. Not going to be close." "I'd say 50-20 sounds about right." "We're going to win by at least two touchdowns." I mean, did a single TCU fan that they interviewed have an ounce of respect for Boise State? It's totally cool to expect your team to win but come on.

or maybe we didn't know how to act since we have never been there. :D

Boise has been there (2007) and was better prepared.

pied
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM

No offense to the TCU posters on here, who seem to be very cool and happy where they are as a program at this point, but to the ones on TV, you're TCU. Win a little bit more, win a BCS game, and a few more big dogs, before overlooking another non-BCS school.

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I saw no clear winner of UT-- Nebraska, either, or Alabama--Tennessee.....every team, even the great ones will have a game like that. The great ones win them. Both of those games were won with quite a bit of luck and help from some mistakes by the other team.

I find it funny that earlier people were hyping up TCU as perhaps having more of a case to be in the NC game than Texas, now we are trying to dismiss Boise's win because it was "only" by a narrow margin against undefeated TCU.

I hear you loud and clear. I still believe that TCU is an elite team this year. Boise State is a very good team and it showed.

pied
01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
or maybe we didn't know how to act since we have never been there. :D

Boise has been there (2007) and was better prepared.

I've heard somwe chatter not about the fans, but the team. That they weren't used to the crowd noise and had problems with that, etc. This seemed odd to me.

twcpfan1
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
BCS baby. They got it right. Mr President, you need to sit down now.

Firebird
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I hear you loud and clear. I still believe that Boise State is an elite team this year. TCU is a very good team and it showed.

FIFY. I think you got those two flip-flopped.

JMSFan
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I think you got those two flip-flopped.

So, the better team didnt win?

CCCSportsFan
01-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I've heard somwe chatter not about the fans, but the team. That they weren't used to the crowd noise and had problems with that, etc. This seemed odd to me.

I think this is the first time they played in such a large indoor facility. That definitely amplifies the sound and noise and is not something that can be simulated at practice. They definitely did not look to be in the rythm they showed in all of their earlier games this year.

Favpack
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Across the board - TCU fan is getting pulverized today based on cumulative arrogance, whining and a general snobbish attitude. I have one FB friend that has like 50 comments of people laughing at him because he made a case for 45 days of how great his team is.

Again that's TCU fan in total. I feel for the players and coaches, but I hope Frog Nation learned a valuable lesson.

Firebird
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM
So, the better team didnt win?

I fifyd. The "elite" team is clearly Boise and the "very good team" is TCU. CHS had them switched in his post.

tayb
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM

TCU has a tiny stadium that only seats 44,000 and they rarely sell it out. The average attendance this season was 38,187 or 86.09% of capacity. I think last night there was 79,000 fans in attendance or more than double what they are used to playing against at home.

But, I think that's a lame excuse. They had 3 false starts the entire game and none after the first quarter. If they had a problem with communication they seemed to have solved it after the first 15 minutes.

slcdragonfan
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Why all this denigrating of TCU? TCU is a good program with a good coach with a lot of Texas kids on it. The fans are fine, the players are fine, the school is fine. They just lost a game, and were 1 or 2 dropped passes from winning it. It happens.

That's it. Congrats to TCU on their season. Boise State deserved the win, but get another year on Dalton and lets see what happens.

JMSFan
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I fifyd. The "elite" team is clearly Boise and the "very good team" is TCU. CHS had them switched in his post.

My bad. I didnt see it until after I posted.

chhspantherfan
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM

played in Death Valley this year which is very loud, the Utah was crazy loud, so I don't put much stock in that.

ktCarl
01-05-2010, 10:15 AM
TCU should have won 21-3. You can't throw a pick 6 and give up a fake punt when your O is out of sync.

I counted at least 6 dropped passes - Hicks dropped td pass with 6 minutes left sealed it.

Choke.

tayb
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Choke.

I hate that people are saying TCU choked. Boise State looked like the better team on both sides of the ball.

TCU drives

First 6 drives
Punt
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Then they managed to drive down at the end of the second quarter and score.

Second Half:
Punt
Field Goal
Punt
Interception
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Interception

They had 9 drives where they either went 3 and out or managed 16 yards or less. Boise had three drives longer than the longest drive TCU had and they even missed a field goal after driving into the red zone in the first quarter.

I think the worst thing about this loss was that TCU was going to use it as a catapult to a high pre-season ranking next season that would propel them into the title game had they finished undefeated again. Now, they lose to Boise State and Boise State never gets any respect in the polls. We'll have to wait and see how far this sets them back next season but it definitely hurts.

ktCarl
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM

Yeah, like Dalton's not used to big crowds???? :confused:

Matthew 2000 Eagle
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
IMO, these 2 teams are evenly matched! Both games that these 2 played, being this year and last year, could've gone either way. If they played 20 times, TCU would win 10, and Boise would win 10.

With that said, I think they're both elite teams! Would they have beat the other elite teams? I don't know! Could they compete? Hell YES they can!

ThEgReAtOnE
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I hate that people are saying TCU choked. Boise State looked like the better team on both sides of the ball.

TCU drives

First 6 drives
Punt
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Then they managed to drive down at the end of the second quarter and score.

Second Half:
Punt
Field Goal
Punt
Interception
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Interception

They had 9 drives where they either went 3 and out or managed 16 yards or less. Boise had three drives longer than the longest drive TCU had and they even missed a field goal after driving into the red zone in the first quarter.

I think the worst thing about this loss was that TCU was going to use it as a catapult to a high pre-season ranking next season that would propel them into the title game had they finished undefeated again. Now, they lose to Boise State and Boise State never gets any respect in the polls. We'll have to wait and see how far this sets them back next season but it definitely hurts.

TCU vs BSU

Field Drives

TCU
Punt
INT
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD
Punt
FG
Punt
INT
Punt
Downs
INT

8 Punts
1 TD
1 FG
3 Turnovers

BSU
Punt
Downs
Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
TD
Punt
Punt

8 Punt's
1 TD
1 FG
1 Turnovers

TCU 1st Downs = 17
BSU 1st Downs = 16

TCU Total yds = 310
BSU Total yds = 317

TCU Pass yds = 272
BSU Pass yds = 240

TCU Rush yds = 36
BSU Rush yds = 77

TCU Comp Pct. = 57%
BSU Comp Pct. = 58%

Take away the Pick-6 and TCU and BSU are virtually the same. If BSU finishes the season ranked #4... TCU should be no higher than #5 or #6. BSU ran for more yds (run td)... TCU passed for more yds (pass td). Both defenses were making plays, all night. BSU intercepted some poorly thrown passes, but TCU was hitting BSU RB's in the backfield, all night... EVIDENT in the fact that BSU ran the ball 32 times for a 2.4 yds per rush average.

Neither team CLEARLY seperated themselves from one another, which was the point of the BCS match-up. Now, had BSU been playing Florida and TCU been playing Virginia Tech, we could've seen where the teams truly stack up, along the landscape.