PDA

View Full Version : If Abilene wins....

Favpack
12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Do Eagle fans become Moderators?

How about bandwagon fans? :cool:

How about if you have an old student ID?

How about if you have a 'fro and your shirt collar is 9 inches wide in your old student ID?

Just wonderin'.....

twcpfan1
12-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Fav, out of curiosity..

Now that your youngest is at UT, who would you pull for in a game between Abilene and LP?

cougmantx
12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Do Eagle fans become Moderators?

How about bandwagon fans? :cool:

How about if you have an old student ID?

How about if you have a 'fro and your shirt collar is 9 inches wide in your old student ID?

Just wonderin'.....

Nope, just a trophy and the admiration of the state for a couple of days...

Then we start on next season. Beleive me, they don't let you enjoy it for long before all the trash talk begins again....:D

dragonsdaddy
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Then we start on next season. Beleive me, they don't let you enjoy it for long before all the trash talk begins again....:D

i know who's going to be the pre-season #1 team on this site regardless of the outcome tomorrow. the jrs on abilene kind of give it away.

Favpack
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Fav, out of curiosity..

Now that your youngest is at UT, who would you pull for in a game between Abilene and LP?

I've had this discussion with dragonsdaddy. He went to Plano, sons played for SLC. He advised me to never go there as he said he was an emotional wreck when Plano and SLC squared off a few years ago in the PO's.

Having said that - my fantasy match-up since 2000 was Lufkin and Abilene in the state semi's. The closest it ever came to pass was in 2004 when SLC intercepted Taylor Potts on their 10 with a couple of minutes left and the game in the balance.

LP's PO difficulties speak for themselves recently as AHS appears to have made strong strides in R1, and Lufkin can't get out of round 2 in R2.

So.... I'd probably say I would lean toward Lufkin as long as we live here. Just too many good friends with kids at LHS, and kids rooting for LHS anyway.

If we move away - I'd say Abilene.

Favpack
12-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Oh, the difficulties of Katy fans - haha. Good luck tomorrow.