PDA

View Full Version : So, has any town in Texas ever had 3 state football champions in the same year?

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
It's possible this year with Abilene Abilene, Abilene Cooper and Abilene Wylie all win state championships? Will they share a parade?

I realize Wylie is in a different ISD, but the school is in the City of Abilene and kids who live in Abilene go to school there, right?

SWMHebron
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
It's possible this year with Abilene Abilene, Abilene Cooper and Abilene Wylie all win state championships? Will they share a parade?

I realize Wylie is in a different ISD, but the school is in the City of Abilene and kids who live in Abilene go to school there, right?

Didn't Cooper get beat by Denton Guyer?

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Did they?

Oopppps.....

TWO! TWO state championships! Has any town had TWO state Championships?

AHSeagles
11-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Yeah Cooper got beat out by Guyer. However, 3 school in the same town to make it at least 3 rounds deep is pretty impressive. We still have a shot at 2 state titles with Abilene High and Wylie.

StonyPoint
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I think the Austin area came close a few years ago. Liberty Hill won 3a and Lake Travis won 4a in the same year I think and westlake probably went pretty deep the same year.

5a:
Westlake went to the state finals in 06 and has made a few decent runs since but nothing too crazy.
Stony Point went to the state semi's in 08.

4a:
Lake Travis won a state championship in 07, 08, and 09 is pending

3a:
Liberty Hill went to the state championship in 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08. They won the state championship in 06 and 07. Liberty Hill fell off quick from all their title runs to a 4-5 season this year, whoops.

I have no idea how the Austin area does in 1a and 2a so I guess the best Austin had in one year was 2 championships in 07.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Did they?

Oopppps.....

Texas City and La Marque won the 4A D1 and D2 State Titles in 1997! If you know anything about Texas City and La Marque, they're basically the same town. A railroad track splits the city, but the two schools are blocks away. It's been that way forever... a small town, split down the middle. Prolly the greatest 4A rival in Southeast Texas!

Side note: Texas City/La Marque is considered in the greater Houston area.. and that same year, in 1997, Katy and Sealy won a state title. So, in 1997 Katy (5A), La Marque (4A), Texas City (4A), and Sealy (3A) all won state titles.. from the Houston Area.

StonyPoint
11-30-2009, 11:18 AM
I think the Austin area came close a few years ago. Liberty Hill won 3a and Lake Travis won 4a in the same year I think and westlake probably went pretty deep the same year.

5a:
Westlake went to the state finals in 06 and has made a few decent runs since but nothing too crazy.

4a:

3a:
Liberty Hill went to the state championship in 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08. They won the state championship in 06 and 07. Liberty Hill fell off quick from all their title runs to a 4-5 season this year, whoops.

I have no idea how the Austin area does in 1a and 2a so I guess the best Austin had in one year was 2 championships in 07.

And Liberty Hill is a little outside of Austin so I guess my arguement is technically disqualified. I would say Stony Point and Lake Travis have a chance this year but despite being very close, they aren't in the same city.

AHSeagles
11-30-2009, 11:18 AM

5a:

4a:

3a:

Is Liberty Hill in Austin? I thought it was it's own little suburb outside of Austin.:confused:

Either way, for any town to come away with multiple state titles is more than impressive. If Abilene had pulled off 3 state titles in one year it would have really been quite a feat. Abilene's population is only about 115,000 people and we only have 3 high schools.

StonyPoint
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Is Liberty Hill in Austin? I thought it was it's own little suburb outside of Austin.:confused:

Either way, for any town to come away with multiple state titles is more than impressive. If Abilene had pulled off 3 state titles in one year it would have really been quite a feat. Abilene's population is only about 115,000 people and we only have 3 high schools.

I beat you to it haha

AHSeagles
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I beat you to it haha

Dang! :D

da hawaiian
11-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Euless Trinity, Southlake Carrol, and Hebron won it all in 05. Also I think Highland Park and everman too right? I know someone said town, but Euless and Southlake are 1 school towns.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
If you expand it to "area", you can group all sorts of schools together however you see fit.

I am talking specific towns here. I'd think Houston or Dallas would have the best shot.

StonyPoint
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
If you expand it to "area", you can group all sorts of schools together however you see fit.

I am talking specific towns here. I'd think Houston or Dallas would have the best shot.

valid.

Sometimes I just feel like the Austin area gets downplayed like there isn't any good football there. We'll all talk at the end of december I guess. Unless something crazy happens and this homer has to go run and hide.:(

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
1995 was close with Judson and SA Roosevelt both winning 5A state titles, but Judson HS is in Converse

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I just went through all the past champions and I don't think it's ever happened.

SWMHebron
11-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Euless Trinity, Southlake Carrol, and Hebron won it all in 05. Also I think Highland Park and everman too right? I know someone said town, but Euless and Southlake are 1 school towns.

Highland Park won 4A D1 that year. Hebron was D2.

Hebron beat Everman en route to the finals that year.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
The only thing I don't know for sure is if there is a smaller school that is in a bigger city that I missed. For instance, Wilmer-Hutchins won a state title back in the 90's. Hutch was in the city of Dallas - but no other Dallas school won a title that year. Same for Lake Highlands, which is in Dallas, but no other school in Dallas won that year.

I know in 1995, Judson was a one high school ISD and parts of the Judson ISD are in San Antonio, so you have to believe kids that lived in San Antonio won state with Judson, as well as Roosevelt. But Judson is in Converse, so it doesn't count.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
(5A Division I) Mesquite 14, San Antonio Taft 13
(5A Division II) Lufkin 38, Austin Westlake 24
(4A Division I) Denton Ryan 42, Smithson Valley 35 (OT)
(4A Division II) Ennis 21, Bay City 0
(3A Division I) Everman 25, Sinton 14
(3A Division II) Commerce 14, La Grange 11
(2A Division I) Blanco 16, Van Alstyne 0
(2A Division II) Celina 41, Garrison 35
(1A) Burkeville 27, Celeste 8
(6-Man) Whitharral 27, Richland Springs 20

D.F.W. aka Hardware Capital of Texas

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Once again, an area, not a town. It's never been done.

SLC
11-30-2009, 12:42 PM

It hasn't been done. And I dont believe it will be done this season as well. Cooper was beaten badly this past weekend and I dont expect Wylie to win it all either. I'd say Abilene has the best chance to win it all.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
I think Katy has a shot this year as well, correct? The City AND the ISD? Isn't Cinco Ranch in Katy proper?

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Oops - Cinco Ranch has a Katy mailing address but is not in the city of Katy. Well, that would also be the first time two schools from the same ISD won state either, eh?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Oops - Cinco Ranch has a Katy mailing address but is not in the city of Katy. Well, that would also be the first time two schools from the same ISD won state either, eh?

Texas City and La Marque.. in 1997.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM

What exactly constitutes an "area" vs a "town" or "city"? Sq-mileage?

fgoodwin
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
1995 was close with Judson and SA Roosevelt both winning 5A state titles, but Judson HS is in Converse
True, but both were in the same UIL district that year -- has that ever happened before or since?

Jayhawker
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Did they?

Oopppps.....

great..now here come the Katy folks with Katy & Cinco Ranch ;)

SLC
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
True, but both were in the same UIL district that year -- has that ever happened before or since?

1997. See post above.

SLC
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM

I know they are in the same UIL district, but I dont think they are in the same school district, are they?

dada
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Both are Katy ISD...TECHNICALLY....Cinco sits in Katy.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Those are different ISDs.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
What exactly constitutes an "area" vs a "town" or "city"? Sq-mileage?

Well, the city limits of a city define a city, hence the term "city limits".

The boundries of an ISD define an ISD.

An area can be whatever you want it to be,.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Both are Katy ISD...TECHNICALLY....Cinco sits in Katy.

No, I went to the City of Katy website, and Cinco Ranch is not within the city limits of Katy.

dada
11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
No, I went to the City of Katy website, and Cinco Ranch is not within the city limits of Katy.

I know people who live practically across the street from Cinco Ranch, but go to Katy.

ftballin11
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Katy and Katy Cinco ranch have a chance this year.

ftballin11
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Are you serious? WHat city are they in and why are they KISD.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I know people who live practically across the street from Cinco Ranch, but go to Katy.

Doubtful, unless they requested a transfer.

Attendance zone of Cinco Ranch:

http://apps.katyisd.org/public/katyisdcampusmap/Default.aspx?campusname=Cinco Ranch High School

Map of City of Katy:

http://ci.katy.tx.us/maps.html

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Cinco Ranch appears to be in an unincorporated part of the county.

Municipal and school district boundries rarely coincide. Most of the Katy ISD is not in the city of Katy.

TIGER07
11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
great..now here come the Katy folks with Katy & Cinco Ranch ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the headline did not say Katy stay out. Katy ISD has a shot this year. We will see how the cards continue to play out for Katy & Cinco

TIGER07
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM

Cinco Ranch is in Katy, not Katy Proper (old Katy)

dada
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Doubtful, unless they requested a transfer.

Attendance zone of Cinco Ranch:

http://apps.katyisd.org/public/katyisdcampusmap/Default.aspx?campusname=Cinco Ranch High School

Map of City of Katy:

http://ci.katy.tx.us/maps.html

PM Miss Kitty and KTfiend...they both live near Cinco Ranch, Highland Knoll and 99 and are zoned to Katy.

SWMHebron
11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Cinco Ranch appears to be in an unincorporated part of the county.

Municipal and school district boundries rarely coincide. Most of the Katy ISD is not in the city of Katy.

You can look at Lewisville ISD and see that. Of the 5 high schools one is in Lewisville, 2 in Flower Mound, one in The Colony and one in Carrollton.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
PM Miss Kitty and KTfiend...they both live near Cinco Ranch, Highland Knoll and 99 and are zoned to Katy.

Now you say "near" instead of "practically across the street" - the Katy High attendance zone ends at Katy Fort Bend Road to the north and Roesner Road to the northeast. They may live north of one of these roads and be "near" - but you said "practically across the street". And nowhere in the Katy attendance zone is "practically across the street" from Cinco Ranch.

dada
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Now you say "near" instead of "practically across the street" - the Katy High attendance zone ends at Katy Fort Bend Road to the north and Roesner Road to the northeast. They may live north of one of these roads and be "near" - but you said "practically across the street". And nowhere in the Katy attendance zone is "practically across the street" from Cinco Ranch.

If you're bold enough to walk across Hwy 99...you're sitting on Cinco Ranch's practice field.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
If you're bold enough to walk across Hwy 99...you're sitting on Cinco Ranch's practice field.

Not to belabor the point, but if they live right across 99 from Cinco Ranch, they are in Cinco Ranch's residency district.

Once again, here is the map. The blue square is where Cinco Ranch is:

dada
11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Not to belabor the point, but if they live right across 99 from Cinco Ranch, they are in Cinco Ranch's residency district.

go to katy again and look at the north side of Highland knoll

ftballin11
11-30-2009, 02:54 PM

I'm pretty sure Cinco familes write Katy for location.

dada
11-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Cinco Ranch High School
23440 Cinco Ranch Blvd
Katy, TX 77494
Harris County

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Those are different ISDs.

C'mon! LM and TC are practically 1 small town of about 50,000. LM kids live down the street from TC kids. Hell, they eat dinner and play PS3, together! LOL! The kids joke wth one another, as La Marque players call TC, "East La Marque".. and TC players call LM, "West Texas City'.

LM/TC is no different than CR/K, in terms of distance!

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
go to katy again and look at the north side of Highland knoll

Ok - once again, that neighborhood is not "across the street" as you asserted.

Many people who live in the county use the nearest town as their post office. That doesn't mean they live in that town.

Cinco Ranch High School
23440 Cinco Ranch Blvd
Katy, TX 77494
Harris County

So what? I'm sure the post office in Katy delivers mail to all sorts of locations inthe county around the city of Katy - that doesn't mean those places are in Katy.

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
You call this "across the street"?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/ag_in_tx/aa787421.jpg

dada
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok - once again, that neighborhood is not "across the street" as you asserted.

Many people who live in the county use the nearest town as their post office. That doesn't mean they live in that town.

So what? I'm sure the post office in Katy delivers mail to all sorts of locations inthe county around the city of Katy - that doesn't mean those places are in Katy.

Cinco Ranch is IN Katy.....not in Houston, Not in Cinco, Tx.
just like Odessa has Permian and Odessa, Midland has Midland and Lee...Cinco Ranch is located behind Katy Mills Mall, up under the big katy water tower in Katy, Tx.

What's the argument again?

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Not an argument, just the fact that Cinco Ranch is not in the city of Katy, Texas. I showed you a map of the city limits earlier. Cinco Ranch is in the county, close to Katy. But it is not in Katy.

dada
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Not an argument, just the fact that Cinco Ranch is not in the city of Katy, Texas. I showed you a map of the city limits earlier. Cinco Ranch is in the county, close to Katy. But it is not in Katy.

So it's in Houston?

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
So it's in Houston?
Beats me - I just know it's not in Katy.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Arlington and Arlington Bowie palying for titles, this year?!

JagDad07
11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
:laugh

No, but they BOTH could win state and they BOTH are in the Arlington ISD and BOTH are in the City of Arlington.

Nicely played....

kttiger1
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Let me see if I can help clear this up. Cinco is not in the city of Katy. In fact Cinco is not in a city at all. It is a residential development. The school district was established over 100 yrs ago when the entire area was mostly rice farms. Thus the names Cinco Ranch, Morton Ranch, etc. The City of Katy encompases a smaller area than Katy ISD. Katy HS is located in the City of Katy but some of its students do not live in the City of Katy. When Cinco Ranch HS was built, many of the students were zoned away from Katy HS and to Cinco HS. So they are as close to eachother as you can get. You could say that Cinco was a "Spin-off" of Katy HS.

If Katy HS and Cinco HS both win state this year, and I pray that they do, it would be two from the same ISD, two from the same town but not two from the same city. Not matter what it is not Three. I hope this helps.

Go Katy and Cinco win state!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-30-2009, 04:35 PM
:laugh

No, but they BOTH could win state and they BOTH are in the Arlington ISD and BOTH are in the City of Arlington.

Nicely played....

What's even crazier... Arlington, Arlington Martin, Arlington Bowie, Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Desoto, and Euless Trinity are all within a 10-sq mile radius!

If Arlington and Arlington Bowie wins state titles, this year... that will be Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Bowie, AHS, and ET having won 5A State Titles, in the last 11 yrs... w/ Bowie, AHS, CHILL, and ET having won in the last 3 or 4 yrs.

THAT would be impressive!

ktrain
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
I live in Creekstone subdivision, corner of S. Mason and Highland Knolls and we are zoned to Katy High School. Just across the street (Highland Knolls) is zoned to Cinco and across the fence on our west is zoned to Cinco. It’s all unincorporated Harris County. It just depends on which side of the street or fence you live on that determines which school you attend.

In the map above the arrow points to zoned for Katy High but where thats written is zoned to Cinco

TIGER07
11-30-2009, 08:02 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble. But Cimmaron sits practically on top of Cinco, (the other side of 99) and they are ZONED for KATY. Just like Dada said

TIGER07
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Beats me - I just know it's not in Katy.

IT IS KATY. Look at the address of Cinco

Cinco Ranch High School (CRHS)
23440 Cinco Ranch Boulevard
Katy, Texas 77494

See where it say's KATY

JagDad07
12-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Places in the county around Katy use Katy as a mailing address, but it is NOT in the city of Katy.

Kat-na-hat
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Places in the county around Katy use Katy as a mailing address, but it is NOT in the city of Katy.

True, City of Katy sits in 3 counties and has a population of aprox 15-16k that reside in the City. KISD on the other hand cover approx 180 square miles. Rather large as it goes all the way over to Hwy 6 from Katy. Katy mailing address runs east to Fry Road, south to Westheimer, north to 529 ect ect.

Cinco is a master planned subdivision with a Katy Postal Mailing Address that resides in the Houston ETJ.

Civic and Geography classes were offered in my day.:)

Bruig
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Since we pretty much eliminated the same "town, city, subdivision, whatever", the next question is, has any "region" ever sweep state titles in all classes? Which region has the most state titles for the different classes in the same year?

Shamu85
12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Since we pretty much eliminated the same "town, city, subdivision, whatever", the next question is, has any "region" ever sweep state titles in all classes? Which region has the most state titles for the different classes in the same year?

Oh boy, here come the Collin County folk.:eek:

youtellatale
12-05-2009, 02:46 AM
The answer to the question in the thread title is no. There haven't even been two in the same actual city that have won a state title. Abilene ISD and Abilene Wylie ISD are both in Abilene so I suppose that would constitute two from the same town but who knows. I agree that Texas City and LaMarque are "practically" the same town, but the fact is that they are not. In the same way that all of the metromess cities are not the same city, TC/LM are not the same city. We've got finals, semifinals and some quarterfinals still left to play so let's not pull a muscle jumping that far ahead...:rolleyes: