PDA

View Full Version : Massey Ratings = LT #1 in Texas - All Classifications!

Shamu85
11-02-2009, 03:29 PM
It looks like the Massey ratings are saying what I have thought all along...LT is the best team in the state regardless of classification.

4A Ratings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2009&conf_id1=CFB76386&spt=4&division=1)

5A Ratings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2009&conf_id1=CFB76391&spt=4&division=1)

2.59 > 2.52 = LT > SLC

slcdragonfan
11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
It looks like the Massey ratings are saying what I have thought all along...LT is the best team in the state regardless of classification.

4A Ratings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2009&conf_id1=CFB76386&spt=4&division=1)

5A Ratings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2009&conf_id1=CFB76391&spt=4&division=1)

2.59 > 2.52 = LT > SLC

LT>intergalactic travel

Shamu85
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
LT>intergalactic travel

Oh come on now. If they were another 5A team, would you have written with such sarcasm?

Seriously though, have you seen them play? I am telling you I was their biggest doubter last year. Until.....yousa they ripped a new one in any and all 4A competition.

F18mustang
11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
LT>Tim Tebow

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM

2.59 > 2.52 = LT > SLC

Massey Ratings < Besides LT fairy-fans, who cares?!

If you want to talk about 4A football, great. Just don't chest beat (errr, do what Highland Park'ers have done for years) about beating 5A teams until LT, actually, makes that jump to the next level.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
LT>Tim Tebow

5A THSFB > LT > Ryan Leaf > Tim Tebow

slcdragonfan
11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh come on now. If they were another 5A team, would you have written with such sarcasm?

Seriously though, have you seen them play? I am telling you I was their biggest doubter last year. Until.....yousa they ripped a new one in any and all 4A competition.

I am a believer in LT, I think they are a great team. Just don't get why you picked SLC unless you were fishing for some comments. Are they the best in Texas? I don't know, might be. then again, there are some very fine teams in Texas. I am one of those that believe a good 4A team can hold its own with the best of the 5A teams., Longview, LT, sometimes HP, some others are teams that are usually competitive whomever they play.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I am a believer in LT, I think they are a great team. Just don't get why you picked SLC unless you were fishing for some comments. Are they the best in Texas? I don't know, might be. then again, there are some very fine teams in Texas. I am one of those that believe a good 4A team can hold its own with the best of the 5A teams., Longview, LT, sometimes HP, some others are teams that are usually competitive whomever they play.

Lake Travis = SLC circa 1988, when the program won its 1st State Title (3A level). SLC would win 2 more Titles and play in 4 more State games, before moving up to the 5A level.

You, obviously, notice that 1988 was.. 21 years ago, don't you? LT just learned how to win - when Dicus arrived, in 2003 - and have taken the stance of Universe-beaters, every since! They really need to stop boring this site w/ these goofy "we're the best in state, because... we beat the dog crap out of Marble Slab" comments!

To all LT fans:

When they finally move up to 5A, we'll see what they're about. Until then, keep the 5A wishful-thinking (hallucinations, more like it) to yourselves!

Ltcav83
11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Lake Travis = SLC circa 1988, when the program won its 1st State Title (3A level). SLC would win 2 more Titles and play in 4 more State games, before moving up to the 5A level.

You, obviously, notice that 1988 was.. 21 years ago, don't you? LT just learned how to win - when Dicus arrived, in 2003 - and have taken the stance of Universe-beaters, every since! They really need to stop boring this site w/ these goofy "we're the best in state, because... we beat the dog crap out of Marble Slab" comments!

To all LT fans:

When they finally move up to 5A, we'll see what they're about. Until then, keep the 5A wishful-thinking (hallucinations, more like it) to yourselves!

My buddy,

I thought we had a truce! I have not been boring this site since we called our truce. Anyway, good luck to your teams in the playoffs.

Txmusic
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
lake travis = slc circa 1988, when the program won its 1st state title (3a level). Slc would win 2 more titles and play in 4 more state games, before moving up to the 5a level.

You, obviously, notice that 1988 was.. 21 years ago, don't you? Lt just learned how to win - when dicus arrived, in 2003 - and have taken the stance of universe-beaters, every since! They really need to stop boring this site w/ these goofy "we're the best in state, because... We beat the dog crap out of marble slab" comments!

To all lt fans:

When they finally move up to 5a, we'll see what they're about. Until then, keep the 5a wishful-thinking (hallucinations, more like it) to yourselves!

yawn!!!!!!!

33Blood
11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
They were the best looking team I saw all of last year and seem to be holding steady this year.

AHSeagles
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
The Massey Ratings are a pretty lame excuse for one to use as a "best team in Texas" argument. They have Tyler Lee (3-5) ranked 20 in the state. There's no way a 3-5 team that only has one relevant win over their cross town rival is the 20th best team in 5A.

SLC
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
The Massey Ratings are a pretty lame excuse for one to use as a "best team in Texas" argument. They have Tyler Lee (3-5) ranked 20 in the state. There's no way a 3-5 team that only has one relevant win over their cross town rival is the 20th best team in 5A.

Tyler Lee's ranking is boosted by the fact that they have played the toughest schedlue in the entire state, in any classification and their defense is ranked 8th in the state, in any classification.

LoboFan07
11-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Tyler Lee's ranking is boosted by the fact that they have played the toughest schedlue in the entire state, in any classification and their defense is ranked 8th in the state, in any classification.

I can tell you first hand that Tyler Lee is no where near the 20th best team in 5A, unless 5A has completely fallen apart since Longview left 2 years ago.

AHSeagles
11-02-2009, 10:16 PM

So playing the hardest schedule, having a good defense, but still losing 5 of 8 games makes a team the 20th best in the state?:confused: I understand the numbers that are crunched, but there is more to teams than the stats and strength of schedules.

SLC
11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
So playing the hardest schedule, having a good defense, but still losing 5 of 8 games makes a team the 20th best in the state?:confused: I understand the numbers that are crunched, but there is more to teams than the stats and strength of schedules.

That system and any computer system just uses the actual data and gives the numbers unbiased. You have to take into account what your seeing in actual results along with what you see in the computers estimation, in conjunction with one another. It's not that hard to do.

SLC
11-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I can tell you first hand that Tyler Lee is no where near the 20th best team in 5A, unless 5A has completely fallen apart since Longview left 2 years ago.

I dont think they are either and the system is not saying they are. The system is computer based and unbiased, so it just uses actual numbers and formulates rankings based on that, as I just stated in the above post, you have to take in account the actual results and the computers numbers and use them in conjunction with each other, not soley one over the other.

DrEdward
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM

He picked Carroll simply because Massey has the Dragons rated as the top team behind LT in the rankings for Texas high school football this season. Nothing sinister or otherwise intended here.

E-Vol-ution
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Look at Massey's national rankings from last year to get a gauge on how "wack" they are.
Very good team , yes........but not because Massey says so.

slcdragonfan
11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
He picked Carroll simply because Massey has the Dragons rated as the top team behind LT in the rankings for Texas high school football this season. Nothing sinister or otherwise intended here.

then I understand, thanks for the clarification.

Ltcav83
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
How about Maxpreps? They have LT ranked #2 in the state and number #14 in the nation. Massey and Maxpreps made up these rankings, not LT fans.

E-Vol-ution
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Maxpreps is more reputable.........but don't you think Texas knows Texas football better than California? Maxpreps = Calpreps.............
How about Maxpreps? They have LT ranked #2 in the state and number #14 in the nation. Massey and Maxpreps made up these rankings, not LT fans.

SLC
11-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Guys, I wouldn't get overly concerned with any combined polls. Here's my take, Matt and I have Lake Travis ranked #1 on our poll in 4A and to be honest if we were to seperate each team by a points system, Lake Travis would be way ahead 2nd place. They are playing the best, most solid football, most consistent football of any team in any class. Now, if we were to do a combined poll and it's just a guess without looking really deep into all the teams in 5A, I feel comfortable saying Lake Travis would be in the top 5 in the state.

Just feel comfortable knowing that LT is #1 in 4A right now and if they play to their potential each week, in 7 weeks they will be state champs again.

Txmusic
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
SLC your are a fine American and some times we do toot our own horn....but we are playing good football at this time. We have a while to catch up to SLC ... Thanks

SLC
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
SLC your are a fine American and some times we do toot our own horn....but we are playing good football at this time. We have a while to catch up to SLC ... Thanks

Also, here is another take....just an aside, a hypothectial, if you will. IF Lake Travis were to match up with the top teams in 5A on neutral sites, I cant find any matchup that the Cavaliers wouldn't be at least slight favorites in. JMO.

Shamu85
11-04-2009, 08:57 AM

To all LT fans:

How about they beat the dog crap out of Longview, and Westlake and Cedar Park and Westwood? If Lufkin, Allen, et al, can use the excuse that Longview used to be 5A and has 5A numbers, then why not LT? You seem awfully perturbed at a LT discussion for someone who doesn't care.

SLC, Doc was right, I used SLC because they are the top rated team in 5A per Massey.

I love riling up all the "5A is, and always will be the best" posters on here. And yes, we will see when LT moves up to 5A. Their talent pool is deep and growing right now. It's only a matter of time.

DragonBand06
11-04-2009, 09:03 AM

2.59 > 2.52 = LT > SLCLOL @ trolls. Ranking systems are, in a word, absolutely ridiculous and meaningless.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 09:57 AM
How about they beat the dog crap out of Longview, and Westlake and Cedar Park and Westwood? If Lufkin, Allen, et al, can use the excuse that Longview used to be 5A and has 5A numbers, then why not LT? You seem awfully perturbed at a LT discussion for someone who doesn't care.

SLC, Doc was right, I used SLC because they are the top rated team in 5A per Massey.

I love riling up all the "5A is, and always will be the best" posters on here. And yes, we will see when LT moves up to 5A. Their talent pool is deep and growing right now. It's only a matter of time.

Are you talking about last year, when LT was led by Gilbert.. and Longview's star RB (McCray) got hurt in the 1st qtr of the State game? Cuz.. as far as I know, LT (minus Gilbert) hasn't played Longview, in 2009.

I'm not dis-interested in the LT conversation, as long as it pertains to the 4A level. It's only when certain LT fans post about being the #1 overall team in the state, that I have a problem. LT beat Westlake. Congrats.... so did Bastrop. LT beat Westwood. Yay... so did Leander. The notion of thinking you're suddenly the best football program in the state, because of a ton wins on the 4A level, is silly. When LT moves up to 5A, we'll see! Until then, it's just another 4A State Title run.

Txmusic
11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
ThEgReAtOnE = YAWN!!!!

CCDawgs
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Are you talking about last year, when LT was led by Gilbert.. and Longview's star RB (McCray) got hurt in the 1st qtr of the State game? Cuz.. as far as I know, LT (minus Gilbert) hasn't played Longview, in 2009.

I'm not dis-interested in the LT conversation, as long as it pertains to the 4A level. It's only when certain LT fans post about being the #1 overall team in the state, that I have a problem. LT beat Westlake. Congrats.... so did Bastrop. LT beat Westwood. Yay... so did Leander. The notion of thinking you're suddenly the best football program in the state, because of a ton wins on the 4A level, is silly. When LT moves up to 5A, we'll see! Until then, it's just another 4A State Title run.

Honestly, im not getting apart of the LT would dominate on the 5A level, but Brewer has the potential to be good like Gilbert. IMO, come around state championship time, it will be the same story with LT blowing out Longview(thats if they make it)

Ltcav83
11-04-2009, 11:00 AM

You forgot to mention that LT beat Cedar Park ( 54-17 w/725 yards) and Cedar Park beat Stony Point. We can all play that game. The Massey ratings ( number 1 in Texas) and Maxprep ratings (number 2 in Texas ) are not made up by LT fans. Just two services that recognize a great team regardless of classification. Not sure why you get so emotional about the discussion. It is just football talk, man.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
You forgot to mention that LT beat Cedar Park ( 54-17 w/725 yards) and Cedar Park beat Stony Point. We can all play that game. The Massey ratings ( number 1 in Texas) and Maxprep ratings (number 2 in Texas ) are not made up by LT fans. Just two services that recognize a great team regardless of classification. Not sure why you get so emotional about the discussion. It is just football talk, man.

Not emotional, just logical. LT beat Cedar Park. Great... so did Westlake and Westwood. What does LT beating SP, Westwood, and Cedar Park have to do w/ LT being the #1 overall team in Texas?

I wonder if you would've posted this at all, if neither, Massey (#1) nor Maxpreps (#2) had LT ranked in the overall Top 5 in Texas? (rhetorical) Btw, I think the overall consensus on this site is that Maxpreps and Massey are a load of BS! I'd bet Kenneth Massey (born in VA, and currently a Professor in VA) has likely never stepped foot in the state of Texas to watch a THSFB game, and Maxpreps has 2 Regional Texas "managers" (Ritter/Carlisle) none of which are any more the expert of THSFB, than you, me, or prolly 100 (or so) other Poster's on this board.

Ltcav83
11-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Not emotional, just logical. LT beat Cedar Park. Great... so did Westlake and Westwood. What does LT beating SP, Westwood, and Cedar Park have to do w/ LT being the #1 overall team in Texas?

I wonder if you would've posted this at all, if neither, Massey (#1) nor Maxpreps (#2) had LT ranked in the overall Top 5 in Texas? (rhetorical) Btw, I think the overall consensus on this site is that Maxpreps and Massey are a load of BS! I'd bet Kenneth Massey (born in VA, and currently a Professor in VA) has likely never stepped foot in the state of Texas to watch a THSFB game, and Maxpreps has 2 Regional Texas "managers" (Ritter/Carlisle) none of which are any more the expert of THSFB, than you, me, or prolly 100 (or so) other Poster's on this board.

I understand your point. How about earlier in this thread when SLC, one of this site's gurus, said that he and Matt would favor LT on a nuetral site over any team in 5A? Would that make a difference to you?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I understand your point. How about earlier in this thread when SLC, one of this site's gurus, said that he and Matt would favor LT on a nuetral site over any team in 5A? Would that make a difference to you?

If I recall correctly, SLC is credible in that he has seen LT and SLC play. (I have also seen them play.) I'd take his opinion in account, considering the source. However... practically everyone (who was worthy of opinion, on this site) thought Lufkin (Bryant, McFarland, Claybon, Penson, Thomas, etc.) would run the table after destroying Klein HS (72-24) in Bi-District play in 2006. I think we know what happened the very next week. And after what Longview did to the DFW area, in playoffs of 1997, who (outside of the Red Sea Katy Fanbase) really thought Katy had a chance to beat Longview (let alone hold them to 3 pts)?

The problem w/ this whole situation is that LT isn't playing on the 5A level, so it's really a non-discussion. Beating a chest about who you think you'd beat or where you think you'd rank, if you were on the 5A level, is a dream. If that's what helps you (and any other LT fan, obsessed w/ hearing "LT's #1") sleep better, then have it. Everyone else functions in reality.

NeverIsNow
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The problem w/ this whole situation is that LT isn't playing on the 5A level, so it's really a non-discussion. Beating a chest about who you think you'd beat or where you think you'd rank, if you were on the 5A level, is a dream. If that's what helps you (and any other LT fan, obsessed w/ hearing "LT's #1") sleep better, then have it. Everyone else functions in reality.

Exactly. LT ISN'T 5a, and there is no playoff among state title winners. And what Massey or SLC, or MaxPreps, or anyone else says is all unofficial. Heck, I say that The Woodlands is the best team in the state. Do you expect The Woodlands fans to come here and beat there chest just because I said I thought they were the best team in the state and I'm unbiased?

NeverIsNow
11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
ThEgReAtOnE = YAWN!!!!

How about adding to discussion and not throwing that out there again and making yourself and LT fans look bad? LtCav makes some good points, why can't you?

And I don't mean lies that you put out there that got blown up last time about a coach saying that they were "playing down to your level"... I mean some TRUE points that you can back up.

Txmusic
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Just call the field house 512 Winners and talk to Coach Morris about any game you want LT to play next yr. We can drop Westlake, Cedar Park Westwood and add Cedar Hill, Angleton, Katy, Bosco (NJ) maybe that power house La Marque.

You say we would not play the Big boys than just call and make all of the arrangements with Coach Morris so we all can see these games I would love to play them all..again call 512 Winners ask for Coach Morris he would love to hear from you since you know so much about him....

NeverIsNow
11-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Just call the field house 512 533 6058 and talk to Coach Morris about any game you want LT to play next yr. We can drop Westlake, Cedar Park Westwood and add Cedar Hill, Angleton, Katy, Bosco (NJ) maybe that power house La Marque.

You say we would not play the Big boys than just call and make all of the arrangements with Coach Morris so we all can see these games I would love to play them all..again call 512 533 6058 ask for Coach Morris he would love to hear from you since you know so much about him....
I doubt they can get out of an agreement that's already happened, but whatever. That wasn't the point I was making.

The two threads I've seen you post in, you clamor that LT could beat anyone in 5A (in which the other two, LT had NOTHING to do with the discussion). So I clicked your name to see just how often you said it and came across this gem:

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?p=1231312#post1231368

Where you claim a coach said one thing but didn't provide proof of it while someone provided direct proof contradictory to something you said. THAT'S what I was talking about...

At least this most recent post wasn't just "YAWN" and TRIED to add something to discussion.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Just call the field house 512 533 6058 and talk to Coach Morris about any game you want LT to play next yr. We can drop Westlake, Cedar Park Westwood and add Cedar Hill, Angleton, Katy, Bosco (NJ) maybe that power house La Marque.

You say we would not play the Big boys than just call and make all of the arrangements with Coach Morris so we all can see these games I would love to play them all..again call 512 533 6058 ask for Coach Morris he would love to hear from you since you know so much about him....

http://www.edupics.com/01b-weak-t11536.jpg

Txmusic
11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
I will stick to what I said & have posted.... Stills hurts

Yawn 1st came from ThEgReAtOnE in his post

slcdragonfan
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

not a good idea to post phone numbers in public forums, you should edit that out....

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I doubt they can get out of an agreement that's already happened, but whatever. That wasn't the point I was making.

The two threads I've seen you post in, you clamor that LT could beat anyone in 5A (in which the other two, LT had NOTHING to do with the discussion). So I clicked your name to see just how often you said it and came across this gem:

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?p=1231312#post1231368

Where you claim a coach said one thing but didn't provide proof of it while someone provided direct proof contradictory to something you said. THAT'S what I was talking about...

At least this most recent post wasn't just "YAWN" and TRIED to add something to discussion.

Debatng w/ Txmusic is like calling a 1-800 Automated line and hoping to have a serious conversation. Seriously, good points on your end. Txmusc is obviously the only LT-Virtual-Cheerleader on the internet, and rightfully so seeing how it is they've established themselves as being beneath only Alabama and Florida in the BCS poll.

Ltcav83
11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
If I recall correctly, SLC is credible in that he has seen LT and SLC play. (I have also seen them play.) I'd take his opinion in account, considering the source. However... practically everyone (who was worthy of opinion, on this site) thought Lufkin (Bryant, McFarland, Claybon, Penson, Thomas, etc.) would run the table after destroying Klein HS (72-24) in Bi-District play in 2006. I think we know what happened the very next week. And after what Longview did to the DFW area, in playoffs of 1997, who (outside of the Red Sea Katy Fanbase) really thought Katy had a chance to beat Longview (let alone hold them to 3 pts)?

Hey Big Chief,

Here you are today complaining about someone referencing last year in an argument and you reference some obscure point from several years back. LT is not 5A. You are right about that. But they do indeed play 5A teams so there is some basis for comparison. Also, it is not beyond my comprehension to be able to compare teams that I see whether or not they are 4A or 5A.

For you to say that I do not function in reality or need LT to be "great" to help me sleep better is just showing your ignorance. If you do not think that it is interesting football discussion then choose to ignore any thread that references LT. If in fact you would like to discuss high school football, then I would be happy to. You seem like a knowledgable poster. My own background of HS football goes back to about 1970.

Most, if not all posters, who have seen LT say they are one of the top teams in Texas. Texasfootball.com recently wrote an article saying that if LT makes it three in a row then they would certainly be in the discussion for top all time teams in the state. They would not seem to have a dog in the hunt as well.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey Big Chief,

Here you are today complaining about someone referencing last year in an argument and you reference some obscure point from several years back. LT is not 5A. You are right about that. But they do indeed play 5A teams so there is some basis for comparison. Also, it is not beyond my comprehension to be able to compare teams that I see whether or not they are 4A or 5A.

For you to say that I do not function in reality or need LT to be "great" to help me sleep better is just showing your ignorance. If you do not think that it is interesting football discussion then choose to ignore any thread that references LT. If in fact you would like to discuss high school football, then I would be happy to. You seem like a knowledgable poster. My own background of HS football goes back to about 1970.

Most, if not all posters, who have seen LT say they are one of the top teams in Texas. Texasfootball.com recently wrote an article saying that if LT makes it three in a row then they would certainly be in the discussion for top all time teams in the state. They would not seem to have a dog in the hunt as well.

http://xectrik.net/images/motivationalposters/pointless.jpg

NeverIsNow
11-04-2009, 02:16 PM

Well, if you will stick to it despite having no proof and having proof presented the other way... Go for it!:rolleyes:

Ltcav83
11-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Typical response from you.

Txmusic
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I will edit it out but the Tel # is online this is the field house Tel #.

having proof presented the other wayDidn't see there proof presented at all, and like I said I stand behind it.

That post was after reading posts from some sites & 1 site that is no longer around due to the fact some from LV & people that have played them ( not LT) talked about LV this & That and LT this & that before & after the game. After a while it was getting where the site shut down and so I replied after being on the sidelines on that tread..There was alot of trash talking and I said what I said. You really do not see a lot of people from LT posting like some have.

Do I regret some things I have said in that post yes I do after reading it again after I hit the send button that night..and I have not been back to it but I also said I will stick behind what was quoted and I do.

NeverIsNow
11-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I will edit it out but the Tel # is online this is the field house Tel #.

Didn't see there proof presented at all, and like I said I stand behind it.

That post was after reading posts from some sites & 1 site that is no longer around due to the fact some from LV & people that have played them ( not LT) talked about LV this & That and LT this & that before & after the game. After a while it was getting where the site shut down and so I replied after being on the sidelines on that tread..There was alot of trash talking and I said what I said. You really do not see a lot of people from LT posting like some have.

Do I regret some things I have said in that post yes I do after reading it again after I hit the send button that night..and I have not been back to it but I also said I will stick behind what was quoted and I do.

Um, you said that Longview's head coach called up LT and said, "We're playing down to play against you", but the video said that he considered Gilbert better than anyone he's seen there (including Brock Berlin, Matt Flynn, John David Booty, and others who are in the pros). In fact, I remember seeing someone on that site saying that Lobo players were classy after the game and talked to many LT players and parents telling them they were the best team in teh state (which I think they were LAST year).

I just wonder how you expect anyone to take you seriously when you made that claim, said you had proof, but without the proof while the other guy provided a video which completely contradicted what you were saying. That's all.

CCDawgs
11-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Typical response from you.

Its cause hes been pretty much shut up. ;):D

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Just call the field house 512 Winners and talk to Coach Morris about any game you want LT to play next yr. We can drop Westlake, Cedar Park Westwood and add Cedar Hill, Angleton, Katy, Bosco (NJ) maybe that power house La Marque.

You say we would not play the Big boys than just call and make all of the arrangements with Coach Morris so we all can see these games I would love to play them all..again call 512 Winners ask for Coach Morris he would love to hear from you since you know so much about him....

We tried that last year. You guys rejected us.

CCDawgs
11-05-2009, 10:09 AM

Didnt matter anyways. LT ran through yall. :D

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 10:18 AM

Wouldn't that be great if we could play again this year. Good luck to the Lobos and maybe we will see you again.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Didnt matter anyways. LT ran through yall. :D

Glad to see that Copperas Cove is in this discussion. ;)

I was responding to a regular season match up. He says they will schedule anyone (pretty much) and yet when we tried to schedule them last season for a home and home series, we were turned away.

I highly doubt that LT would schedule the other schools he mentioned.

Shamu85
11-05-2009, 10:37 AM

You remind me of one of those guys who just yells louder and thinks he wins the argument.

The whole point of having this discussion is because LT is NOT 5A. There is no way they can prove they are the best team in the state on the playing field, although their performance against 3 5A playoff teams is a mighty good attempt at it. If you don't want to have the discussion, stay off the thread!!!

You wrote that you have seen "them" play. Not sure if you were just referring to SLC or LT or both, but if you have seen LT play, how can you consider yourself knowledgable about Texas high school football and still claim that LT does not have a legitimate claim as the best team in the state? They did not just beat Cedar Park, they completely dominated them on BOTH sides of the ball. This is a team that DCTF has a dark horse in the 5A playoffs, not some team of spares. I am a completely unbiased observer of this team. I have ZERO dogs in this hunt.

I posted this thread, not to claim that Massey is the be all to end all authority on ranking Texas HS football teams, but to show that the argument of LT being the best team in the state is far from the fantasy you and others on here would have everyone believe.

Shamu85
11-05-2009, 10:39 AM
He says they will schedule anyone (pretty much) and yet when we tried to schedule them last season for a home and home series, we were turned away.

Proof?

CCDawgs
11-05-2009, 10:43 AM

I was responding to a regular season match up. He says they will schedule anyone (pretty much) and yet when we tried to schedule them last season for a home and home series, we were turned away.

Well its not like my schools football is interested. :D

But to your point, I probably wouldnt want to travel all the way out to Longview when theres plenty of quality teams in the Austin area. That might be it.

Shamu85
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
LT beat Westlake. Congrats.... so did Bastrop. LT beat Westwood. Yay... so did Leander. The notion of thinking you're suddenly the best football program in the state, because of a ton wins on the 4A level, is silly. When LT moves up to 5A, we'll see! Until then, it's just another 4A State Title run.

I didn't write that LT beat Westlake or Westwood, I wrote they beat "the dog crap out of" Westlake and Westwood. Bastrop did not, nor did Leander. Their "ton of wins on the 4A level" are also enhanced by several wins over 5A playoff teams. They don't have to move up to 5A to beat good 5A teams, which they have done consistently over the last two years.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Proof?

Was in both the Longview and Austin newspaper last year. Was the LT coach that was interviewed about it. Said he didn't want to play someone that they might see in the playoffs.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 11:10 AM

I agree with coach Morris that it makes no sense to schedule Longview when there is a good chance to see them in the finals.

As to your other point, LT is indeed trying to schedule a "big name" Dallas team for next year. We have an opening where Evangel was on the schedule. Why would you doubt that LT would schedule those games?

Anyway, good luck to the Lobos. It would be cool to play them again in Waco.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Why would you doubt that LT would schedule those games?

Anyway, good luck to the Lobos. It would be cool to play them again in Waco.

LT has yet to travel anywhere close to the Metroplex in their history during the regular season. Why would I think they would start now?

Anywhere but Waco. ;)

Shamu85
11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
LT has yet to travel anywhere close to the Metroplex in their history during the regular season. Why would I think they would start now?

This is only coach Morris' 2nd year. I think the WW and WL games were already scheduled when he got there, possibly the CP games, too. I think he knows the depth of talent he has and is willing to put them up against the best in the state.

BTW, do you have a link to those newspaper articles? Not doubting you, I would just like to see how it was worded by him.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
BTW, do you have a link to those newspaper articles? Not doubting you, I would just like to see how it was worded by him.

Was looking for it on some boards, but the one that I know for a fact it was on last year is no longer operating. Will keep looking.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Anywhere but Waco. ;)

Times change and circumstances change. The fact is that LT football budget is now able to do more than they ever have. The other reason that they would start is that next years team has always been the year that people inside the program have pointed to as being special.

This is a budding dynasty in its early stages. There is always a first time to do anything. I think that you will see LT schedule a team that is a "name" team. This is in addition to Westlake, Cedar Park, ect.

Txmusic
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Lobofan07 is correct Morris didn't want to due to the fact we might play them later in the Championship. And some teams were all ready in play before he got here. You kind of kill 2 birds with 1 stone when both teams are at their peak. IMO

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I bet Massey ain't from Texas and he never played a down in his life.
Computers are fun and sometimes really useful, but C'mon Man!
Lake Travis? C'mon Man. Best in Texas. Not this year.

Shamu85
11-05-2009, 01:44 PM

Have you seen them play? I saw last year's team several times, and I honestly think this year's team might be a tad better. They are definitely better on D this year.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM

They are a machine. They were the best last year as well.

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I have watched texas hs football since 1965. I bet your team is good, mabe even the best in 4A. But have you seen schools like Katy, SLC, Northshore, Trinity? I have.And that's only in the last decade.
I hope you guys win state in 4A. That would be great. It still would not make you the best overall team in Texas.
Massey's computer is wrong many times.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I have watched texas hs football since 1965. I bet your team is good, mabe even the best in 4A. But have you seen schools like Katy, SLC, Northshore, Trinity? I have.And that's only in the last decade.
I hope you guys win state in 4A. That would be great. It still would not make you the best overall team in Texas.
Massey's computer is wrong many times.

Saw Northshore play Katy and have seen Katy play in person more than once. Both are excellent teams with good players and good coaching. Moderators on this site, Texasfootball.com, Massey, Maxpreps all think that LT is the best or #2 team in the state whether or not they are 4A. Some think that Allen is the best team in the state. They lost to 4A third ranked Longview.

In your opinion, what makes a team the best overall in Texas?

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM
What makes a team the best overall is a history of success. Katy has 5 or 6 state rings. SLC has multiple rings. Converse Judson has more than Katy. Odessa Permian has multiple rings spread over three or four decades.
NorthShore only has one, but their record over the last decade is something like 113-9.
Win State and then play good for a decade, then you may be best overall. A computer doesn't have a ring finger.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Win State and then play good for a decade, then you may be best overall

What does any of the past decade have to do with this season? While I don't think LT is the best in the entire state this season (though I haven't seen them and don't plan to unless we play them again)...they were by far the best team in this State last season and would've beaten any of the teams you mentioned.

I think it's funny you mention North Shore...considering LT has more State Titles than them already.

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
In 4A.

SLC
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
In 4A.

Yep and 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A titles are just as important as the 5A ones. Each class is playing the same quality opposition which is relative to their particular classification.

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
In 4A.

O yes. The whole 5A is unbelievably better than 4A comment.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
What makes a team the best overall is a history of success. Katy has 5 or 6 state rings. SLC has multiple rings. Converse Judson has more than Katy. Odessa Permian has multiple rings spread over three or four decades.
NorthShore only has one, but their record over the last decade is something like 113-9.
Win State and then play good for a decade, then you may be best overall. A computer doesn't have a ring finger.

So let me try to understand you. Because Katy has 5 or 6 rings and Northshore has been really good over the last decade, that makes them good this year?

LT was great last year, ranked #1 this year and will be even better next year. I was not saying they were the best team ever, just that they might be the best team again this year. What does the last 10 years matter?

Also, 4A/5A who cares. I am pretty sure that LT would have handled Northshore last year without too much trouble.

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Every once in a while the best 4A school could beat the best 5A school, but not very often. I think when La Marque was at their best it was possible. And Lake Travis beat Stony Point last year, but would they have beaten Allen or Katy? Would Sealy(3 straight titles in 3A) have beaten La Marque(3 state titles in 5 years in 4A) Probably not. Would the best 6 man team in the history of Texas beat the state champ in 1A? No. There are classifactions for a reason.

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
NorthShore beat SLC this year, so yeah the are pretty good. Have you guys played SLC?

LoboFan07
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM
And Lake Travis beat Stony Point last year, but would they have beaten Allen or Katy?

Yes.

Would Sealy(3 straight titles in 3A) have beaten La Marque(3 state titles in 5 years in 4A) Probably not.

Enrollment for biggest 4A: 2085
Enrollment for biggest 3A: 979

You get your reason for why not right there. They might hve been able to hang with the top 4A DII schools. But the talent differences after your school is below 1,000 falls of drastically.

Would the best 6 man team in the history of Texas beat the state champ in 1A? No. There are classifactions for a reason.

It's 6 Man. 6 Man has completely different rules than 11 man football does.

SLC
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Every once in a while the best 4A school could beat the best 5A school, but not very often. I think when La Marque was at their best it was possible. And Lake Travis beat Stony Point last year, but would they have beaten Allen or Katy? Would Sealy(3 straight titles in 3A) have beaten La Marque(3 state titles in 5 years in 4A) Probably not. Would the best 6 man team in the history of Texas beat the state champ in 1A? No. There are classifactions for a reason.

Classifications are because of size difference, not because of quality of play difference.

I have seen plenty of 4A teams and 4A champs that could have played with and beaten their 5A counterparts...The same with 3A/4A and on down.

There is little doubt in my mind that Lake Travis was better then Katy and Allen last season and likely the best team in the nation to boot. This season I have not seen a team as good and as consistent as Lake Travis and we'll have a good measurment after the titles are won, as to this season and the comparisons across the classes.

And the comparison to a team playing with 6 kids to one playing with 11 is ludicras, at best.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
NorthShore beat SLC this year, so yeah the are pretty good. Have you guys played SLC?

Have not played SLC, but have played three 5A teams that are going to the playoffs. Have you guys won 40 games and two time defending state champions?

SLC
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

And they lost to Katy and PAM...that 2 losses. Lake Travis has not lost since the 2nd game of the '07 season.

E-Vol-ution
11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Out of those three 5A teams......is anybody a favorite or threat to win the state championship?
That is the bigger picture in a game of speculation.

Have not played SLC, but have played three 5A teams that are going to the playoffs. Have you guys won 40 games and two time defending state champions?

fbstangman
11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey, my college was so good one year I thought they could beat the packers.
Bart starr packers, not brett Favre packers. But I was wrong.:D

SLC
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Helluva difference between college and NFL...not much at all between 4A/5A.

Ltcav83
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Good luck to the Mustangs in the playoffs. Houston is a tough region.

clemensbuff
11-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Massey Ratings < Besides LT fairy-fans, who cares?!

If you want to talk about 4A football, great. Just don't chest beat (errr, do what Highland Park'ers have done for years) about beating 5A teams until LT, actually, makes that jump to the next level.

Get your head out of the sand and look at what they did to the 3 5a teams they played this year!!! Including over 700 yards and 56 points agaisnt Cedar Park in about 3 quarters!! All CP did was beat Stony Point 2 weeks ago!

LT is the best team in the State and they were last year as well!!!

clemensbuff
11-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Exactly, especially between the top teams in each classification!

33Blood
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Today there is, but once upon a time the NFL used to play college teams and lose.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Get your head out of the sand and look at what they did to the 3 5a teams they played this year!!! Including over 700 yards and 56 points agaisnt Cedar Park in about 3 quarters!! All CP did was beat Stony Point 2 weeks ago!

LT is the best team in the State and they were last year as well!!!

Your opinion = noted.

Shamu85
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Your opinion = noted.

Your opinion = LT is not 4A, therefore they cannot be the best team in the state.

You have never made your case any other way. The only reason I have ever seen you post is that they are not 5A.

clemensbuff
11-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Your opinion = LT is not 4A, therefore they cannot be the best team in the state.

You have never made your case any other way. The only reason I have ever seen you post is that they are not 5A.

And you won't see him make any case. He's full of hot air and 10,000+ posts without a damn bit of substance in them!

The good news, Blow U lost again! LMFAO

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
And you won't see him make any case. He's full of hot air and 10,000+ posts without a damn bit of substance in them!

The good news, Blow U lost again! LMFAO

http://churchfun.com/images/wp/corny.jpg

clemensbuff
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Yet another fantastic post to add to the 10,000 by the ThEbLoWhArDoNe! You are like the damn fly that keeps buzzing around everyone and just bothering the chit out of everybody in the room. You never hurt anything, just one giant, pestering, pain in the ***! :D

By the way, which BCS game will BlowU get their azzez handed to them in this year? Oh, that's right, they might not even get invited to any bowl game if they lose another one! It's Monday, 11-08-09, 2:40pm and Blow U still SUCKS!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Yet another fantastic post to add to the 10,000 by the ThEbLoWhArDoNe! You are like the damn fly that keeps buzzing around everyone and just bothering the chit out of everybody in the room. You never hurt anything, just one giant, pestering, pain in the ***! :D

By the way, which BCS game will BlowU get their azzez handed to them in this year? Oh, that's right, they might not even get invited to any bowl game if they lose another one! It's Monday, 11-08-09, 2:40pm and Blow U still SUCKS!!!

http://thegrandnarrative.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Yawn.

Shamu85
11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
LOL @ trolls. Ranking systems are, in a word, absolutely ridiculous and meaningless.

Trolls? That coming from someone with band in their screen name?

Sort of like band "contests"?