PDA

View Full Version : *** The Official San Antonio East Central Hornets Thread ***

HPUalumni
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
EC needs just one more win to clinch a playoff birth...who will it be - Wagner or Victoria?

SV61
10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
EC needs just one more win to clinch a playoff birth...who will it be - Wagner or Victoria?

Victoria

Bill4par
11-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I heard you guys have a 14 yr old playing Tackle down there? How's he doin?

HPUalumni
11-08-2009, 12:55 AM
@ Bill4par...the young man you're speaking of, in my opinion and from watching almost all of EC's games, has matured quite well. I've been told that he grades-out in the mid-high 80's and has done so other than his first varsity game against Cibolo Steele. Believe it or not, he's never been the lowest graded o-lineman for E.C.. He's still making mistakes, but not very many mental ones (the one's that cannot be coached out). Please know that I'm hearing this second hand from a friend of mine who knows this kids Dad.

To me, if he keeps on growing and improving, he'll be a top D1 line prospect in a couple of years.

I believe his name is Andrew Tercek (#77) and he plays left o-tackle.

Bill4par
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM
@ Bill4par...the young man you're speaking of, in my opinion and from watching almost all of EC's games, has matured quite well. I've been told that he grades-out in the mid-high 80's and has done so other than his first varsity game against Cibolo Steele. Believe it or not, he's never been the lowest graded o-lineman for E.C.. He's still making mistakes, but not very many mental ones (the one's that cannot be coached out). Please know that I'm hearing this second hand from a friend of mine who knows this kids Dad.

To me, if he keeps on growing and improving, he'll be a top D1 line prospect in a couple of years.

I believe his name is Andrew Tercek (#77) and he plays left o-tackle.

I like stories like that. I'll be rootin for the kid!!

HPUalumni
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
You'll also be glad to hear that he's a strait-A honors student as well. My buddy introduced me to this kids Dad a couple of days ago...if come close to what his Dad looks like, he's going to be a monster. His Dad, by the way, has to be at least 6'5" and weigh 300 lbs.. I wish I had those "genes" in my day of playing football!

Mean DT
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
You'll also be glad to hear that he's a strait-A honors student as well. My buddy introduced me to this kids Dad a couple of days ago...if come close to what his Dad looks like, he's going to be a monster. His Dad, by the way, has to be at least 6'5" and weigh 300 lbs.. I wish I had those "genes" in my day of playing football!Good Luck to EC tonight, I know the odds are against y'all but I will be pulling for you guys.:D

HPUalumni
11-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks Mean DT for the well wishes...unfortunately, the game didn't quite turnout the way we wanted. It's hard to replace a Chris Johnson and change your game plan at the last minute.

HPUalumni
12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
I heard you guys have a 14 yr old playing Tackle down there? How's he doin?

Just found out that this young man actually earned district 27-5A post season honors as "honorable mention" and "academic" all-district.

HPUalumni
08-22-2010, 01:34 PM
The new 2010 season is upon the Hornet Nation...their first scrimmage against Floresville went very well. The defense was not scored upon and the offense was able to make several TD's. This will be EC's break-out year! ! !

HPUalumni
08-28-2010, 08:59 AM
East Central was robbed of a first-half touchdown by a delayed (after their runner reached the end-zone for the TD) and obviously "home-cooking" holding penalty from the home-side line judge that in truth was a text-book "pancake" block by their left-tackle. The score of the game should have been 29-24 with the "W" for East Central.:Censor:

RedRage00
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Victoria East plays EC on 9/24...looking forward to that one.

HPUalumni
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Victoria East plays EC on 9/24...looking forward to that one.

I agree, it should be a good game. Interestingly enough, Massey's ratings predict a 28 to 28 tie for the game.

I'm going to have to pull for East Central because of their homefield advantage and they seem to be clicking on all cylinders - especially with #9 Chris Armstrong, their TB, coming on strong with over 500 yards for the season already. Not to mention, their O and D lines are very capable of controlling line-of-scrimmage at will.

RedRage00
09-25-2010, 12:15 AM
I agree, it should be a good game. Interestingly enough, Massey's ratings predict a 28 to 28 tie for the game.

I'm going to have to pull for East Central because of their homefield advantage and they seem to be clicking on all cylinders - especially with #9 Chris Armstrong, their TB, coming on strong with over 500 yards for the season already. Not to mention, their O and D lines are very capable of controlling line-of-scrimmage at will.

East wins 28-13. Did you go? What was your take on the game?

HPUalumni
10-05-2010, 09:02 AM
East wins 28-13. Did you go? What was your take on the game?

Good game, Victoria made less mistakes and executed better than EC did. I think some of the EC players may have been taking VE for granted and not thinking they would have played as strong as they did. EC made a lot more mistakes and wasn't able to execute on Offense as they needed.

This was a wake-up call for EC and a good loss (if there ever is a "good" loss) due to the fact EC cannot take anyone in their district lightly - even Highlands and South San.

EC, IMO, has the potential to win 28-5A outright and go undefeated for the rest of the year - however, they must take each week and game one at a time and never underestimate their opponents. If EC can execute and use all of their weapons accordingly, they have the realistic potential of going far into the play-offs.

HPUalumni
10-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Friday, October 8:
-- East Central - 47
-- C.C. King - 0

It was 28 - 0 at the half. It almost troubles me to say, since I did play for and graduate from King back in 86', KHS never really got their offense going and their defense was not there.:D

EC is now 4-2 for the season and 1-0 in district and will be playing Southwest at home this coming Thursday night...it will be televised!

HPUalumni
10-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Thursday, October 14:
-- East Central - 31
-- Southwest - 24

Very close game as EC had to come from behind as their defense stepped it up in the 4th to pull out the win.

E.C. is now 5-2 for the year and 2-0 in district play and will be playing South San next Friday, October 22.

ECHS09
10-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Carroll put Southwest down this week... Hard. I don't know if we should be worried or not. They only beat South San by 3

HPUalumni
10-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Carroll put Southwest down this week... Hard. I don't know if we should be worried or not. They only beat South San by 3
It will be the closest game EC will play this year...even more so than the SW game. Carroll plays at home very well, that being said, EC has been improving week after week (even through season ending injuries to some of their starters) and if they can just execute and play their game...they will win. If, and only if, they can play on all cylinders, I think they could actually blow-out Carroll - but the converse of that is also true.

If you go to the Massey Ratings web-site: http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/East-Central-High-School-San-Antonio-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2010/ you'll see that they have EC winning 27 - 18. However, I don't look at the predicted scoring as much as the predicted winner of the contest. That being said, as the season goes on, Massey becomes more accurate in forecasting the winners.

HPUalumni
10-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Friday, October 22:
-- East Central - 35
-- South San - 7

Unfortunately, the score really doesn't tell the story of how EC dominated South San. EC started putting in their second teamers during the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The TD made by South San was due to a broken play that should have been a QB sack.

E.C. is now 6-2 for the year and 3-0 in district play and will be playing Corpus Christi Carroll next Friday, October 29 for the District 28-5A championship.

ECHS09
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
When was the last time we won a district championship?

HPUalumni
10-26-2010, 06:39 AM
When was the last time we won a district championship?

Do not know...will have to ask some old ECHS "tools" and get back with you.:heli:

ECHS09
10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
The last undefeated regular season we had was in 1996. Back when we played the SAISD teams. Hopefully that changes in the next 2 weeks

HPUalumni
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
The last undefeated regular season we had was in 1996. Back when we played the SAISD teams. Hopefully that changes in the next 2 weeks

100% agree...they've looked good in practice the past two days.

HEAR THE BUZZ - FEEL THE STING

WE ARE EC!:yes:

ECHS09
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Hopefully the 2 hr bus ride doesn't bother them too much. I'm much too far away to even think about going to the game but I will be listening to it online at echornetslive.com :heli:

ECHS09
10-29-2010, 11:29 PM
District Champs 2010! :heli:

HPUalumni
10-30-2010, 02:05 AM
District Champs 2010! :heli:
East Central -- 15
C.C. Carroll -- 10

ECHS09
10-30-2010, 12:06 PM
East Central -- 15
C.C. Carroll -- 10

I honestly think we have one of the best defenses in the city. Shutting down Carroll in the 2'nd half is not an easy thing to do. Carroll had all the momentum after our offense gave the ball up 4 times in the first half

HPUalumni
10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I honestly think we have one of the best defenses in the city. Shutting down Carroll in the 2'nd half is not an easy thing to do. Carroll had all the momentum after our offense gave the ball up 4 times in the first half
Yes, I agree...I'm looking forward to how high we go in the Massey Ratings this coming week.

If you take back the 3 turn-overs we had, Carroll would have not scored AT All! Their scores came we EC turned over the ball within their own 20-yrd line.

ECHS09
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Looks like Warren in the 1'st round. I haven't heard much about them this year other than they lost to Brandeis.

ECHS09
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
On a lighter note. This week I don't see Highlands scoring... unless of course the starters are all sitting this week.

With starters
EC-44
Highlands-0

Without
EC-21
Highlands-7

ECHS09
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
48-19 is pretty good for having the 3rd string defense in almost the whole game I'd say

HPUalumni
11-06-2010, 03:28 PM
48-19 is pretty good for having the 3rd string defense in almost the whole game I'd say
Yeppers! In fact, I know that Coach Walker did not want to run the score above 50...you have to feel for Highlands though - 21 strait losses!

On another note, you need to read the EN online football sports articles and start commenting on them like in here. Here's a couple I know you would want to read and comment on as I have already - seems to be a couple of knuckle-heads doubting what EC has already done this year and not giving them anychances of winning the Warren game:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/southwest_last_infrom_district_28-5a_106810788.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/East_Central_still_glowing_after_sealing_28-5A_title_106749563.html

ECHS09
11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Some people make me laugh. I honestly don't understand why they try so hard to make the accomplishments of this group of guys seem like nothing at all.

HPUalumni
11-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Some people make me laugh. I honestly don't understand why they try so hard to make the accomplishments of this group of guys seem like nothing at all.
I know for a fact there are several parents upset about their little "Johnny's" not making Varsity this year. Add that to the fact there are several other parents that think they're Bear Bryant and still criticize the coaches decisions and play calling. Bottom line - there are some EC parents that need to get a clue and grip on reality and know that the coaches are doing the best they can with what they have. I have told one of these parents two things: #1 they are winning - it's not about your son or the # of catches/throws he gets, but about the team - and they're winning. #2 they don't know everything that is going on during meetings, practices and film study - thus, the coaches play and do things for certain reasons we may not have any clue about. I also tell them..."...hey go get certified to teach and start coaching - you obviously know more about the game than the coaching staff." I've been blessed to have played the great game of football in HS and in College - and know enough about the sport to know that no matter what I see during practice, the games or what my son tells me about the team, there are multiple issues/reasons that I will never know about as to "why" the coaches do what they do. I think as fans/supporters of the team we should stick by the coaching staff (losing or winning) and give them the benefit of the doubt. Now, that doesn't mean we should not be realistic about our team's chances of winning state - which for EC this year, would be a long-shot...but we can still cheer and support them one game at a time...and keep imature adults attitudes in check as much as possible.

ECHS09
11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I went to EC and played baseball and football there. I know politics has played a role there in the recent past but if the team is winning it shouldn't be a big deal. That doesn't look like the case this year though. The difference is that we are winning.

ECHS09
11-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Massey doesn't like us too much this week. It's saying a 24-25 loss. I don't know about that.

ECHS09
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I know for a fact there are several parents upset about their little "Johnny's" not making Varsity this year. Add that to the fact there are several other parents that think they're Bear Bryant and still criticize the coaches decisions and play calling. Bottom line - there are some EC parents that need to get a clue and grip on reality and know that the coaches are doing the best they can with what they have. I have told one of these parents two things: #1 they are winning - it's not about your son or the # of catches/throws he gets, but about the team - and they're winning. #2 they don't know everything that is going on during meetings, practices and film study - thus, the coaches play and do things for certain reasons we may not have any clue about. I also tell them..."...hey go get certified to teach and start coaching - you obviously know more about the game than the coaching staff." I've been blessed to have played the great game of football in HS and in College - and know enough about the sport to know that no matter what I see during practice, the games or what my son tells me about the team, there are multiple issues/reasons that I will never know about as to "why" the coaches do what they do. I think as fans/supporters of the team we should stick by the coaching staff (losing or winning) and give them the benefit of the doubt. Now, that doesn't mean we should not be realistic about our team's chances of winning state - which for EC this year, would be a long-shot...but we can still cheer and support them one game at a time...and keep imature adults attitudes in check as much as possible.

I don't know if I'm missing anything there. Was that person addressing you? and why?

HPUalumni
11-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't know if I'm missing anything there. Was that person addressing you? and why?

Just heard from several reliable sources and a conversation with a parent who's a graet person, but when it comes to second-guessing the coaching...they always have an opinion.

ECHS09
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Just heard from several reliable sources and a conversation with a parent who's a graet person, but when it comes to second-guessing the coaching...they always have an opinion.

I'm not going to lie. I have seen things that Walker does and it makes me scratch my head sometimes.

ECHS09
11-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Sorry to see a good year ended so abruptly. I feel like this happens every year though. We have high expectations for our team, then they make the playoffs and lose in the first round. In the last 15 years we have made it past the first round 2 times (1997,2007). What is keeping us from making a decent run in the playoffs?

HPUalumni
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Spring Training starts this coming Friday and E.C. looks to be able to build upon what was started last Fall, with a lot of starters coming back including all except for 4-5 on defense and all except for 2-3 on offense.

Looking forward to a productive Spring and even better Season next Fall!!!

We Are E.C.!!!

HPUalumni
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Well it's that time of year again, and the Hornet Nation is buzzing with anticipation of the up coming season.

They will have key players back from injury, very experienced lines and several FBS prospects on both sides of the ball this coming Fall.

Watch out folks, as this could be the best team EC has fielded in some time and at the minimum since Coach Walker has been at the helm!

HPUalumni
08-20-2011, 11:55 AM
E.C. Dominated Floresville in all phases of play last night during their first scrimmage of the 2011 season. I know Floresville is not considered a 4A power-house, but literally E.C.'s offense could score within almost every 3 plays and their deffense kept Floresville to negative yardage - take away a "hail-Mary" TD pass play.

RedRage00
08-22-2011, 08:59 AM
E.C. Dominated Floresville in all phases of play last night during their first scrimmage of the 2011 season. I know Floresville is not considered a 4A power-house, but literally E.C.'s offense could score within almost every 3 plays and their deffense kept Floresville to negative yardage - take away a "hail-Mary" TD pass play.

Floresville is pretty bad. Was this EC's only scrimmage?

Rogue White Helicopter
08-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Floresville is pretty bad.
u know that as a fact?
how?

ok

HPUalumni
08-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Floresville is pretty bad. Was this EC's only scrimmage?

Yes, this was EC's only scrimmage...next to them scrimmaging themselves a couple of times over the past two weeks.

RedRage00
08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
u know that as a fact?
how?

ok

I know you're trolling, but they did finish dead last in their 4A district.

HPUalumni
09-04-2011, 10:26 AM
It seems as though the 2011 season is starting out like 2010 did...E.C. still has not put it together on both sides and especially special teams. If they can get rolling on all 3 fronts, E.C. will be hard to beat.

ECHS09
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
PLAYOFF TIME!! This might be the year we can make some noise. Stevens looked pretty weak against an even weaker Taft. I like our chances.

HPUalumni
11-09-2011, 11:36 PM
PLAYOFF TIME!! This might be the year we can make some noise. Stevens looked pretty weak against an even weaker Taft. I like our chances.

Completely agree! Our kicking game (FG of 52 yards last week against Highlands), Special Teams & DEFENSE has made a lot of strides. Now, if the offense can hit on all 8 cylnders - we should go several games into the playoffs!

Go Hornets!:yes:

ECHS09
11-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I can only hope the quarterback situation is working itself out. Stevens defense will be eyed the run a lot.

HPUalumni
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I can only hope the quarterback situation is working itself out. Stevens defense will be eyed the run a lot.

Candidly, I wish Coach Walker would pick just one QB. Doing so would solidify the continuity that sometimes is enemic with the offense. I know all 3 QB's and they are good kids and each brings their own unique style and abilities to the team...hard call either way.

I agree that this will be a "battle of the trenches"...however, unlike a couple of years ago, when EC's O-line was somewhat of a "???"- this year's line has the size and experience across the front...they have only 1 o-lineman that does not have more than 2 years (starting) experience. EC probably averages about 265-275 across their line...that's including one of their lineman weighing around the 225 lb. range - the others are well above 265. Plus they got height along with weight...LT is 6'3" (started and played every game since his Freshman year - D1 prospect since his Sophomore year), LG is 6'2", C is 6'1", RG is 5"10, RT is 6'3".

Should be a good game...if EC's defense can prevent Steven's from scoring like they've done with the rest of their District, EC could truly blow-out Steven's!!!

Should have great weather for the game! What stinks is the fact that NSISD does not allow inflatable "run-through" tunnels at their games...really sucks! Don't want to mentally abuse the other team or make them feell "vulnerable"...BS!!!

ECHS09
11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Candidly, I wish Coach Walker would pick just one QB. Doing so would solidify the continuity that sometimes is enemic with the offense. I know all 3 QB's and they are good kids and each brings their own unique style and abilities to the team...hard call either way.

I agree that this will be a "battle of the trenches"...however, unlike a couple of years ago, when EC's O-line was somewhat of a "???"- this year's line has the size and experience across the front...they have only 1 o-lineman that does not have more than 2 years (starting) experience. EC probably averages about 265-275 across their line...that's including one of their lineman weighing around the 225 lb. range - the others are well above 265. Plus they got height along with weight...LT is 6'3" (started and played every game since his Freshman year - D1 prospect since his Sophomore year), LG is 6'2", C is 6'1", RG is 5"10, RT is 6'3".

Should be a good game...if EC's defense can prevent Steven's from scoring like they've done with the rest of their District, EC could truly blow-out Steven's!!!

Should have great weather for the game! What stinks is the fact that NSISD does not allow inflatable "run-through" tunnels at their games...really sucks! Don't want to mentally abuse the other team or make them feell "vulnerable"...BS!!!

I completely agree. Stevens doesn't seem to have a very powerful offense. Hopefully our D can live in their backfield like they have been doing

HPUalumni
11-19-2011, 11:16 AM
What a great game!!! This game was indicative to what Texas high school playoffs is all about...great efforts from both teams, leads changing and both sides "leaving it" on the field.

Hornet nation - great season!!! Keep your heads-up and know this season is the start of something very special for East Central football.

"We ARE E.C.":yes:

HPUalumni
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I know this is a little late, but due to a couple of moves that just got finalized a couple of weeks ago, here it is::heli:

San Antonio East Central's 2012 Varsity Football Schedule
8/17 (8 a.m.) Seguin -- Scrimmage
8/24 (8 a.m.) @ Floresville -- Scrimmage
8/31 (7:30 p.m.) @ S.A. John Jay (Gustafson Stadium)
9/7 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. Marshall
9/14 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. Brennan
9/21 (7:30 p.m.) @ Converse Judson
9/28 (7:30 p.m.) New Braunfels H.S.
10/5 OPEN
10/11 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Corpus Christi Carroll
10/18 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) S.A. Southwest -- TNL Televised Game
10/25 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Cibolo Steele (Lenhoff Stadium) -- TNL Televised Game
11/2 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. South San
11/8 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Corpus Christi King

clemensbuff
06-18-2012, 01:34 PM
I know this is a little late, but due to a couple of moves that just got finalized a couple of weeks ago, here it is::heli:

San Antonio East Central's 2012 Varsity Football Schedule
8/17 (8 a.m.) Seguin -- Scrimmage
8/24 (8 a.m.) @ Floresville -- Scrimmage
8/31 (7:30 p.m.) @ S.A. John Jay (Gustafson Stadium)
9/7 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. Marshall
9/14 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. Brennan
9/21 (7:30 p.m.) @ Converse Judson
9/28 (7:30 p.m.) New Braunfels H.S.
10/5 OPEN
10/11 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Corpus Christi Carroll
10/18 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) S.A. Southwest -- TNL Televised Game
10/25 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Cibolo Steele (Lenhoff Stadium) -- TNL Televised Game
11/2 (7:30 p.m.) S.A. South San
11/8 (Thur. 7:30 p.m.) @ Corpus Christi King

EC should 'breeze' through the first two non-district games and then face a very good upcoming 4a team in Brennan. I watched them play Clemens last year and was very impressed with the way they play ball. If they can start throwing the ball better this year, they will be a very good team! I think EC handles Brennan with relative ease though. Then comes Judson and NB. Both games should be very competitive but if EC has what I think they are going to have, the should beat both these teams going into district at 5-0.

The only thing bad about the schedule is the fact that EC/STeele is not the last game of the year for the district title! I am glad to see that TNL is going to carry the ball game and even more glad that it will be in the friendly confines of Lehnhoff Stadium. It should be a jam packed house for the district title that night even with it televised. This game should be very, VERY good!!!

HPUalumni
08-20-2012, 10:29 AM
E.C. manhandled Seguin in their scrimmage this past Saturday. Although Seguin did have some good one-off plays against E.C., E.C. was able to run and pass the ball effeciently after a lousy first set of plays. E.C.'s defense did a pretty consistant job too.

Steele Curtain
08-20-2012, 12:32 PM
E.C. manhandled Seguin in their scrimmage this past Saturday. Although Seguin did have some good one-off plays against E.C., E.C. was able to run and pass the ball effeciently after a lousy first set of plays. E.C.'s defense did a pretty consistant job too.

Thanks for sharing HPU. I would probably expect the same thing against Floresville.

clemensbuff
08-20-2012, 01:39 PM

I expected you guys would do that against Seguin. I think EC's offense will be very, VERY good this year with what they have coming back. I expect the defense to be pretty damn salty to. I fully expect you guys to be a heck of a team this year. I think EC is finally getting it right. What I mean is that the Hornets have never lacked in the 'athlete department', just maybe in the discipline dept and I think Walker has addressed that and gotten the kids to play much more as a team.

Very much looking forward to the game on Oct 25 this year!

HPUalumni
09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, EC made John Jay look a lot better than they really are...the game should have been a blow-out by half-time. That's OK, a win is indeed a win, right?

We got Marshal this coming Friday...should be a step-up in competition, but a win never-the-less!

clemensbuff
09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, EC made John Jay look a lot better than they really are...the game should have been a blow-out by half-time. That's OK, a win is indeed a win, right?

We got Marshal this coming Friday...should be a step-up in competition, but a win never-the-less!

Exactly right........a win is a win. Now's the time to get some of the kinks worked out and to look at different kids and plays & formations.
I saw the stats and that EC dominated them in total yardage. I aslo saw each team lost 4 fumbles each as well as the Hornets having 10 penalties for 100 yards. Definately gotta get that cleaned up for sure before a tough opponent comes calling in the next couple of weeks.

Marshall might be a bit better then JJ was, but not much. EC will win a route IMO. I look for a much cleaner game out of the Hornets this week.

HPUalumni
09-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Exactly right........a win is a win. Now's the time to get some of the kinks worked out and to look at different kids and plays & formations.
I saw the stats and that EC dominated them in total yardage. I aslo saw each team lost 4 fumbles each as well as the Hornets having 10 penalties for 100 yards. Definately gotta get that cleaned up for sure before a tough opponent comes calling in the next couple of weeks.

Marshall might be a bit better then JJ was, but not much. EC will win a route IMO. I look for a much cleaner game out of the Hornets this week.

Yeah, the only thing that really got me was the penalties...we gave-up too many Personal Foul calls for late, stupid hits on defense. Albeit a couple of those fouls were very questionable at best.

TexasRed6x
09-05-2012, 05:31 PM

I just don 't think playing Marshall will get you better, we will see.

HPUalumni
09-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I just don 't think playing Marshall will get you better, we will see.

Normally EC would be playing Seguin or Victoria East for their second game of the season...so, I thing every game a team can get better - albeit not soo much if they are playing Sisters of Mercy JV team vs. Judson, Steele, SV, etc...

HPUalumni
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
E.C. 50 - S.A. Marshall 0 -- EC did much better this week...still have several mental mistakes to correct, but never-the-less played much better than they did against S.A. Jay last week. Defense has improved remarkedly well and offense is starting to run on more cylinders for a longer time. E.C. could have easily put up 75 or more points, but started throttling down at the begining of Q2.

Have Brennan next week which will be a lot more challenging than these past two weeks. Brennan is very good and will be EC's first litmus test as to how good or bad we are.

clemensbuff
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM
E.C. 50 - S.A. Marshall 0 -- EC did much better this week...still have several mental mistakes to correct, but never-the-less played much better than they did against S.A. Jay last week. Defense has improved remarkedly well and offense is starting to run on more cylinders for a longer time. E.C. could have easily put up 75 or more points, but started throttling down at the begining of Q2.

Have Brennan next week which will be a lot more challenging than these past two weeks. Brennan is very good and will be EC's first litmus test as to how good or bad we are.

Damn solid outing last night for the Hornets! Sounds like the team is coming together well. Congrats.

Yes, Brennan should be a heck of a good measuring stick. They were a solid 4a team last year and should be better this year with the returning players they have. Should be a good ball game and if EC hands it to them..........it'll definately serve notice to SA.

HPUalumni
09-15-2012, 11:06 AM
OUCH!!! E.C. 0 - Brennan 24

Well, on the bright-side EC's Defense did a pretty good job...considering they were on the field most of the time. Defense stopped Brennan mutliple times, but the "O" couldn't get started and take advantage of it.

Hat's off to Brennan as they came to play and play hard...they are very deserving of the #1 4A ranking in the Area.

E.C. will learn from their mistakes and will be prepared for next week's game at Judson...if they don't, it's going to be a long night!

TexasRed6x
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
OUCH!!! E.C. 0 - Brennan 24

Well, on the bright-side EC's Defense did a pretty good job...considering they were on the field most of the time. Defense stopped Brennan mutliple times, but the "O" couldn't get started and take advantage of it.

Hat's off to Brennan as they came to play and play hard...they are very deserving of the #1 4A ranking in the Area.

E.C. will learn from their mistakes and will be prepared for next week's game at Judson...if they don't, it's going to be a long night!

Probably not, Judson D is not good this point, so you have a game that will end up 47-45, that type of game.

HPUalumni
09-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Wow...great game against Judson - a defensive game to say the least: EC (18) - Judson (28). The score really isn't indicative of how close the game really was. If it wasn't for a couple of long-play miscues on EC's part...the score could have easily been the other way around.

EC missed Chris Armstrong, but showed-up to play...however, Judson was able to capitalized on a couple of long plays that set them up for short TD's. Hats off to Judson for a great game!

HPUalumni
10-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Well it is said a win is a win...well after experiencing the EC vs. NB game this past Friday, I felt like I had a double Vasectomy without any form of pain-killer or anesthesia!!! It was quite literally the worst officiated game I've ever witness and and the score is not indicative of how much better EC played vs. NB. I will give it to NB as they didn't give up, but the score should have been at least 42 to maybe 14 at best. EC had 3 TD's called back due to BS calls on the Refs...it was like watching the game from "Remember the Titans" when all the Refs were on the "take".

Knightro
10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Well it is said a win is a win...well after experiencing the EC vs. NB game this past Friday, I felt like I had a double Vasectomy without any form of pain-killer or anesthesia!!! It was quite literally the worst officiated game I've ever witness and and the score is not indicative of how much better EC played vs. NB. I will give it to NB as they didn't give up, but the score should have been at least 42 to maybe 14 at best. EC had 3 TD's called back due to BS calls on the Refs...it was like watching the game from "Remember the Titans" when all the Refs were on the "take".

Sounds like a painful night! I hate those games when the refs are blatant. It's one thing to make a mistake (we all do) but quite another to repeatedly make more mistakes. If you aren't qualified to ref..............THEN DON'T REF!!! It is tough on these guys who are doing a difficult job to say the least............and blown calls happen.....but..............

HPUalumni
10-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Tomorrow night E.C. plays C.C. Carroll in both teams 28-5A debut!!! E.C. should win easily as Carroll is having a lot of issues this year and are 0-5 thus far. Hate the trip - hate it even more that it's on a school/work night!!! Grrrrrrrr

HPUalumni
10-22-2012, 08:43 AM
EC is on a roll, beating CC Carroll and Southwest dominately over the past two weeks. Now, the HUGE test as EC plays Steele! If EC can keep this game close, they'll have a fighting chance - if not, It'll be a very long night for the Hornets!

Steele Curtain
10-22-2012, 08:51 AM
EC is on a roll, beating CC Carroll and Southwest dominately over the past two weeks. Now, the HUGE test as EC plays Steele! If EC can keep this game close, they'll have a fighting chance - if not, It'll be a very long night for the Hornets!

I agree with you HPU. EC will have to come out FAST!!!! & take advantage of the rust and atrophy accumulated by the Knights. I hope we will work hard this week in practice to make sure there is very little of that after the the last month of games. The first 2 or 3 series will dictate how this game will go. Although both teams for all intents and purposes have locked up their playoff positions, it is for District, so there is something to play for and get after it. Good luck to the Hornets and safe play for your Son and both teams.

clemensbuff
10-22-2012, 09:44 AM

I agree HPUa! I think you guys have to come out fast. If you do it'll be a good game. If not and EC lets Steele jump on them it'll be a long night.

It will all come down to just how hot you guys come out and how much 'rust' we have from the last month. Our starters have not had much work at all since the WL game.

Your O looked very good Thursday night against SW. I thought your O-line looked very good as did the RBs. The D played good as well. I think it is key for EC to be able to establish your run game because I feel as though if Steele forces you to air it out you will be in big trouble.

HPUalumni
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks SC!!! I'm so hoping EC can finally have their "A" game on both sides of the ball - they'll need that and maybe some pixie-dust to beat Steele! Wish nothing but a good hard-faught (non-blowout) game that when all is said and done, both teams know that they played the best this year so far!!!

HPUalumni
10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL..."rust"! 99% of the 5A teams will gladly take Steele's rust "play" everygame! I'm very concerned with Steele's "rusty" game and scared with their "non-rusty" game!

EC's air attack has come a long way since we've played Jay during the first game of the season. Both Jone's brothers have settled down and our receivers are liking the results of what happens when they can catch-a-pass.

For EC like any other team, it boils down to 2 things: Consistancy and Playing to Potential.

Truly hoping it will be a nail-biter this coming Thursday and pray that nobody gets hurt on either side.

Steele Hammer
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
LOL..."rust"! 99% of the 5A teams will gladly take Steele's rust "play" everygame! I'm very concerned with Steele's "rusty" game and scared with their "non-rusty" game!

EC's air attack has come a long way since we've played Jay during the first game of the season. Both Jone's brothers have settled down and our receivers are liking the results of what happens when they can catch-a-pass.

For EC like any other team, it boils down to 2 things: Consistancy and Playing to Potential.

Truly hoping it will be a nail-biter this coming Thursday and pray that nobody gets hurt on either side.

^^^^^^^^This :notworthy

clemensbuff
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM

Indeed. Most important thing is both teams lose NOBODY else!

And I do think this game could be a nail biter if we are not 100% ready to play. EC is going to come at us, of that I've not doubt.

HPUalumni
11-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Well, this is my last post to this and other threads as my Son played his last H.S. football game this afternoon. E.C. never could get it together on offense and because of that we lost bad to Madison. Congrats to Madison and good luck in the playoffs. Good news is, my Son will be starting a new college football career with the Boise State Broncos next Fall.

TexasRed6x
11-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Well, this is my last post to this and other threads as my Son played his last H.S. football game this afternoon. E.C. never could get it together on offense and because of that we lost bad to Madison. Congrats to Madison and good luck in the playoffs. Good news is, my Son will be starting a new college football career with the Boise State Broncos next Fall.

Good luck to your son he is a fine football player, and should do well at the next level.

Steele Hammer
11-24-2012, 01:01 AM

Great Work this year to the EC team!! You guys will be back. Hope you have a change of heart and come back to the threads and read up on all the teams. Good Luck to your son, always good to hear when kids make it to the next level. Hope he does well!!