PDA

View Full Version : Three 4A Top Ten State Ranked Teams Go Down in week 8

PaulinPlano
10-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Down goes #7 in the State, Big Spring to Abilene Cooper 18-21

Down goes #8 in the State, Schertz Cibolo Steele to Kerrville Tivy 34-38.

Down goes #10 in the State, Corpus Christi Calallen to Corpus Christi Flour Bluff 7-28.

Let us know if you were at the games.... WHAT HAPPENED!

SLC
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Down goes #7 in the State, Big Spring to Abilene Cooper 18-21

Down goes #8 in the State, Schertz Cibolo Steele to Kerrville Tivy 34-38.

Down goes #10 in the State, Corpus Christi Calallen to Corpus Christi Flour Bluff 7-28.

Let us know if you were at the games.... WHAT HAPPENED!

Yep...In order, that was our #7, #6 and #10...it happens.:)

PaulinPlano
10-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Yep...In order, that was our #7, #6 and #10...it happens.:)

Yes. I was using AP rankings.

90PNGNDN
10-24-2009, 10:33 AM
So, what does PNG move up to this week after it's thumping of Lumberton 39-6. It's amazing what coach Faircloth has done for them in his first year.

33Blood
10-24-2009, 11:06 AM
So, what does PNG move up to this week after it's thumping of Lumberton 39-6. It's amazing what coach Faircloth has done for them in his first year.

He has done the best coaching job of the year and has them looking like a team that could go deep. Permian might should have kept him.

90PNGNDN
10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
He has done the best coaching job of the year and has them looking like a team that could go deep. Permian might should have kept him.

I hope we lock him up for an extension. I think right now he's only under contract for 2 yrs, but he seems to really like the community. We had been needing a coaching change for a long time and he was just what we needed. It's funny how when you go into a season with polls etc..we were picked to finish in 3rd.

DEL VALLE
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Del Valle was almost a victim of that list, having to win in overtime.
Lehman was hanging in there keeping up with DV, the offense was driving,
scoring, and causing alot of problems, DV also was shooting it's self in the
foot, with TWO TD's called back for penalties in the last 5 mintues of
the game.

DV had a two block field goals, one in the fouth qtr. and the other during
overtime, both blocked by #22 Rodney Lee, this was his 4th of the season.

DV's Cortez drove the team in 4 plays and ran in the winnning TD.

28-34 OT

SLC
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
the game.

28-34 OT

Waxahachie was almost a victim last night as well. As I said earlier, it happens. The important thing is, if a team is to lose, better now than in a few weeks or anytime during the playoffs.

PaulinPlano
10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
the game.

28-34 OT

Waxahachie was almost a victim last night as well. As I said earlier, it happens. The important thing is, if a team is to lose, better now than in a few weeks or anytime during the playoffs.

Yes we were... here is a copy of my post about that game... WHEW!

Could not get the website from my Blackberry in Cleburne. Here is how it went down...

End of 1st qtr: Waxahachie Indians 7 Cleburne Yellow Jackets 6 (missed XP)

Halftime: Waxahachie 21 Cleburne 15 (missed another XP and added FG)

End of 3rd: Waxahachie 28 Cleburne 29

End of 4th Qtr.: Waxahachie 36 Cleburne 36. Waxahachie had the ball on the 1 yard line with 1.5 seconds left to go in regulation and decided to try to run the ball in instead of kicking a chip shot game winning FG. Run fails. OT:eek::mad:

Hachie goes first and score TD with XP good.

43-36 Waxahachie

Hachie defense picks up fumble and runs it back all the way for a TD.

49-36 Waxahachie wins. Not sure if that last TD is official.

Waxahachie dodges a bullet in the muck in Cleburne. The sloppy field negated HAchie's speed tonight. But Cleburne's QB (#1) ran the ball all night on Hachie up the middle. Hachie's defense has something to work on.

eaglefan87
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Here is a link to the Abilene Cooper-Big Spring game story from the Reporter-News http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/oct/24/out-in-front/?partner=RSS . Sounds like a great game. Congrats Coogs!

PaulinPlano
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Here is a link to the Abilene Cooper-Big Spring game story from the Reporter-News http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/oct/24/out-in-front/?partner=RSS . Sounds like a great game. Congrats Coogs!

Thanks. Sounds like defense and a key turnover made this a close game!

RedRage00
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Calallen has been overrated for several years already. This isn't the Calallen of the 90s. I don't know why voters can't see that.

LoboFan07
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
End of 4th Qtr.: Waxahachie 36 Cleburne 36. Waxahachie had the ball on the 1 yard line with 1.5 seconds left to go in regulation and decided to try to run the ball in instead of kicking a chip shot game winning FG. Run fails. OT:eek::mad:

What on earth? Why on earth would they do that?

passplay
10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
i would like to know the reasoning for that decision..Dont want to second guess until I know the answer. Kicker had made all extra points. Looks as though Cleburne will give University and Corsicana a run for that 4th spot. this has ended up being a pretty competitive district. makes for some fun friday nights!

Txmusic
10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I would have did the FG not a hard choice. I have watch some not great playing calling on TV Desoto - Cedar Hill.

When I watch Cedar Park VS SP where CP let the clock run out on 4th dn with minutes to go and took a penalty and then punted. I know they wanted to drain the clock at this time but can anyone punt the ball with 1 second left on the clock anymore. You do not want to give SP any more yds at the end of the game..IMO

PaulinPlano
10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
What on earth? Why on earth would they do that?

i would like to know the reasoning for that decision..Dont want to second guess until I know the answer. Kicker had made all extra points. Looks as though Cleburne will give University and Corsicana a run for that 4th spot. this has ended up being a pretty competitive district. makes for some fun friday nights!

It was explained to me that the decision was made because they thought they could make it in from the 1 yard line. Not what I wanted to hear.

BandidoNB
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
the game.

28-34 OT

Good luck to DV this week against Hays! Del Valle - District Champions.. I like the sound of that :D

clemensbuff
11-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Calallen has been overrated for several years already. This isn't the Calallen of the 90s. I don't know why voters can't see that.

They are still a very good 4a team but definately not the 90s Cal team!