PDA

View Full Version : 3(a) back to HISD

KatyTigerDad0407
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
When was the last time HISD had 3(a) schools? It looks like they are heading in that direction. I think the UIL will have one of it's most challenging realignments this time around; across the board.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
10-22-2009, 10:56 PM
When was the last time HISD had 3(a) schools? It looks like they are heading in that direction. I think the UIL will have one of it's most challenging realignments this time around; across the board.

What HISD schools are going to be moving down?

ThEgReAtOnE
10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Just look at 22-4A...

8 teams
Wheatley (1,235)
Sterling (1,138)
Whorthing (951)
Washington (944)
Furr (888)
Jones (861)
Scarborough (746)
Kashmere (533)

These are their last enrollment #'s. How in the world they stayed, predominately, 4A is beyond me. There's no doubt, though... they'll be losing plenty of teams to 3A.

24-4A's La Marque w/ 972 is crazy!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Just look at 22-4A...

8 teams
Wheatley (1,235)
Sterling (1,138)
Whorthing (951)
Washington (944)
Furr (888)
Jones (861)
Scarborough (746)
Kashmere (533)

These are their last enrollment #'s. How in the world they stayed, predominately, 4A is beyond me. There's no doubt, though... they'll be losing plenty of teams to 3A.

24-4A's La Marque w/ 972 is crazy!

Wow! That's 6 out of 8 schools who have 3A numbers.:eek: Throw La Marque in, and that's the Houston 3A district right there.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow! That's 6 out of 8 schools who have 3A numbers.:eek: Throw La Marque in, and that's the Houston 3A district right there.

That might be exactly what happens. If so, I feel for the ex-22-4A teams, as La Marque is going to have fun pwning them on a regular basis. It'll be like North Shore vs the Pasadena schools. Records will be set, and etc.

Good thing is, either Klein ISD or Cy-Fair ISD will likely come back to Region 3. Might help strengthen playoff match-up for Region 3.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
10-22-2009, 11:19 PM
That might be exactly what happens. If so, I feel for the ex-22-4A teams, as La Marque is going to have fun pwning them on a regular basis. It'll be like North Shore vs the Pasadena schools. Records will be set, and etc.

Good thing is, either Klein ISD or Cy-Fair ISD will likely come back to Region 3. Might help strengthen playoff match-up for Region 3.

And, La Marque is going to be loaded the next few years. I believe that the Cougars are playing, atleast 10 sophomores this year.:eek:

SLC
10-22-2009, 11:28 PM

Yea, as TGO noted, those are numbers from the last realignment, so they have been playing with those numbers for 2 years already.

I'm betting that HISD opted them up to be able to create the 8 team district they are in. I'm interested to know the current numbers, because, unless they fall way below those, HISD is likely to keep them where they are, so they all can remain in that all HISD district, for travel purposes...knowing that most if not all ISD's are trying to limit fuel cost and bus usage wear and tear.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
10-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Yea, as TGO noted, those are numbers from the last realignment, so they have been playing with those numbers for 2 years already.

I'm betting that HISD opted them up to be able to create the 8 team district they are in. I'm interested to know the current numbers, because, unless they fall way below those, HISD is likely to keep them where they are, so they all can remain in that all HISD district, for travel purposes...knowing that most if not all ISD's are trying to limit fuel cost and bus usage wear and tear.

Never thought about that. But, La Marque is only, what, 45 minutes from Houston? That's not a bad trip!