PDA

View Full Version : Big Spring VS Abilene Cooper

biggolfdad
10-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Thoughts ?

cougardude
10-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Who'd have thought this would be the game that probably decides the district championship? Hopefully Cooper and Shotwell will not be gracious hosts this weekend when the Steers come to town!

GO COUGARS!!

eaglefan87
10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
This should be a great game. If Abilene were idle this week I would definitely go see this one. I'm gonna pick the Coogs by 10. I went to the Cooper-Frenship game at Shotwell last year and Cooper had their chances to win that one. I got to see them play Garland this year and that is another game they should have won. They were close to beating Hebron as well this year. I'd really like to see the Coogs get over that hump and win this one...and a district title.

eaglefan87
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Here's one to chew on: If Cooper goes 5A next year does the UIL bring the old Abilene, Midland, Odessa district alignment back or do they send Cooper and AHS east into the current 3-5A?

Either way...it would be great to see both Abilene teams sporting District Championship Bells in their new 5A district!

ExCOOG88
10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Here's one to chew on: If Cooper goes 5A next year does the UIL bring the old Abilene, Midland, Odessa district alignment back or do they send Cooper and AHS east into the current 3-5A?

Either way...it would be great to see both Abilene teams sporting District Championship Bells in their new 5A district!

I have heard grumblings that Cooper would go east with the Eagles. Wouldn't that district just love having to contend with the Coogs too!!!!

biggolfdad
10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I have heard grumblings that Cooper would go east with the Eagles. Wouldn't that district just love having to contend with the Coogs too!!!!

I think they would commit mutiny..
:D

ExCOOG88
10-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Who has Big Springs played? Guess this is one of those years where they are actually decent. I can remember when they were the perpetual district doormats in 5A.

Warbird
10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Who has Big Springs played? Guess this is one of those years where they are actually decent. I can remember when they were the perpetual district doormats in 5A.

This is actually a battle between two old LSWC foes. I remember re-reading the poll when I saw Big Spring listed there. I was sort of surprised. :Music

coriv
10-20-2009, 10:20 PM

Snyder (40-21)
Denison (27-21)
Pampa (55-41)
Andrews (49-7)
Sweetwater (48-0)
Frenship (28-14)
Plainview (49-12)

SLC
10-21-2009, 03:35 AM
As you will notice by our rankings, we have Big Spring rated fairly high #7 and we have Cooper ranked at #17. In my playoff prediction thread, I have Cooper winning the district, thus I have them beating Big Spring, mostly due to the experience gained from the Cougars playing the 5A teams. I do think it will be a close win...somewhere in the neighborhood of..

Cooper 38

Big Spring 31

ExCOOG88
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
This is actually a battle between two old LSWC foes. I remember re-reading the poll when I saw Big Spring listed there. I was sort of surprised. :Music

I know, I am old enough to remember playing them in district play way back when. If memory serves me correctly, they won only 1 maybe 2 district championships in all the years they were in district with Abilene, Midland and Odessa schools.

eaglefan87
10-21-2009, 04:14 PM

I think they would commit mutiny..
:D

Yeah...as if one Abilene team isn't giving them enough trouble. A two headed monster from Abilene running rampant thru the district...both sporting district championships!!!!!

eaglefan87
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I think Big Spring has been good for a few years now.

I do remember back in the day when they were in 4-5A with Abilene, Midland, Odessa and San Angelo. My junior year we (AHS) came out tearing it up. Beat eventual 4A state champ Sweetwater, beat state ranked Longview, tied Permian......and then the wheels fell off and the season ended with us losing at Shotwell to Big Spring giving them their only district win. That was a kick in the @$$ for sure!

ExCOOG88
10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I think Big Spring has been good for a few years now.

I do remember back in the day when they were in 4-5A with Abilene, Midland, Odessa and San Angelo. My junior year we (AHS) came out tearing it up. Beat eventual 4A state champ Sweetwater, beat state ranked Longview, tied Permian......and then the wheels fell off and the season ended with us losing at Shotwell to Big Spring giving them their only district win. That was a kick in the @$$ for sure!

I just remember the collective sigh from all the schools when Big Springs dropped to 4A. You couldn't count on having at least one win in district anymore. :D

ExCOOG88
10-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Way to go COOGS.
Coogs 21
Steers 18

ExCOOG88
10-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Way to go Coogs
Cooper 21
Big Sprngs 18

eaglefan87
10-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Congrats to the Coogs on a huge win!!!

Looks like Abilene will be the home of three district champions.

Abilene Cooper beat their main challenger in Big Spring.

Abilene High's main challenger for 3-5A, N Richland Hills Richland lost to Weatherford tonight.

Graham lost to Brownwood to clear the path to another district title for Abilene Wylie.

SLC
10-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Way to go COOGS.
Coogs 21
Steers 18

Way to go Coogs
Cooper 21
Big Sprngs 18

Felt so nice, you had to say it twice.:D

Congrats my friend. Well done by the Cougars.:notworthy

cougardude
10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
It was a great game last night. Hopefully the Cougars can wrap up their first district title since 2003!

Good job Coogs!!:D

ExCOOG88
10-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Felt so nice, you had to say it twice.:D

Congrats my friend. Well done by the Cougars.:notworthy

Yeah that and the fact my compter decided to take last night off and :Censor: with me every chance it got.

Coug78
10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Great job Cougars!!

Next up Frenship.