PDA

View Full Version : Obama wins noble prize...

Pages : 1 [2]

Dawg Fan
10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I've taken no stance, I was just saying he's really workin the boards lately! :D

Personally I don't give a damn what the others think but mong is very enjoyable to read on here and usually wins his arguments without the name calling which is the first sign of losing a debate. I would have liked to have had a teacher like him back in school.

RedRage00
10-13-2009, 02:07 PM
be careful of agreeing with mong;) it pisses off the gay people LOL

tayb?

I thought you'd have me on ignore by now since you seem to be the only tool that uses that feature lol

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
AP Newsbreak: Nobel jury defends Obama decision

By IAN MacDOUGALL and KARL RITTER, Associated Press Writers Ian Macdougall And Karl Ritter, Associated Press Writers – 2 hrs 51 mins ago

OSLO – Members of the Norwegian committee that gave Barack Obama the Nobel Peace Prize are strongly defending their choice against a storm of criticism that the award was premature and a potential liability for the U.S. president.

Asked to comment on the uproar following Friday's announcement, four members of the five-seat panel told The Associated Press that they had expected the decision to generate both surprise and criticism.

Three of them rejected the notion that Obama hadn't accomplished anything to deserve the award, while the fourth declined to answer that question. A fifth member didn't answer calls seeking comment.

"We simply disagree that he has done nothing," committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland told the AP on Tuesday. "He got the prize for what he has done."

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

"All these things have contributed to — I wouldn't say a safer world — but a world with less tension," Jagland said by phone from the French city of Strasbourg, where he was attending meetings in his other role as secretary-general of the Council of Europe.

link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091013/ap_on_re_eu/eu_nobel_peace_obama;_ylt=AhwZTCkaJwvkexe8IPUwp.Rs .aF4;_ylu=X3oDMTJuODBtamRtBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMDEz L2V1X25vYmVsX3BlYWNlX29iYW1hBGNwb3MDMgRwb3MDMgRzZW MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2lucmFyZXB1YmxpYw--)

So pretty much, the Norges said that Obama is a global Motrin....classic.

RedRage00
10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Personally I don't give a damn what the others think but mong is very enjoyable to read on here and usually wins his arguments without the name calling which is the first sign of losing a debate. I would have liked to have had a teacher like him back in school.

The thing with you is that you ALWAYS come in here and laugh at others for supposedly getting "owned" by Mong or whoever else is in the debate while contributing nothing yourself. At least Phoenix is actually debating something and using his brain. I've done it occassionally (I'm not perfect), but with you its all you're known for. ;) Does it bother you that an 18 yr old kid like Phoenix is smarter than you? :cool:

Oh wait, usually when you get owned people are being too "serious" :rolleyes:

chhspantherfan
10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
So pretty much, the Norges said that Obama is a global Motrin....classic.

Now you've done it. Obamasprins will be on the shelves in no time.

pied
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Interesting that we have come full circle and are kind of back on topic.

As I have stated before, I don't know what he has really done to win the award.

It is interesting to me how many America-loving people are against him winning and demanding reasons why.

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Interesting that we have come full circle and are kind of back on topic.

As I have stated before, I don't know what he has really done to win the award.

It is interesting to me how many America-loving people are against him winning and demanding reasons why.

It's amazing to me how many America loving people are willing to make excuses for an obvious gimmie/gift/Bush-slap-in-the-face award.

If there is X AWARD, and X AWARD is given for accomplishments or excellence and somebody wins it for no obvious reason....it brings into question the integrity of the award and the potential politicalization of the award.

It's about integrity.

RedRage00
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
It's amazing to me how many America loving people are willing to make excuses for an obvious gimmie/gift/Bush-slap-in-the-face award.
If there is X AWARD, and X AWARD is given for accomplishments or excellence and somebody wins it for no obvious reason....it brings into question the integrity of the award and the potential politicalization of the award.

It's about integrity.

I'm not making excuses. I didn't think he deserved it.

the_phoenix612
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure anybody on the board thinks he deserved it.

pied
10-13-2009, 03:52 PM

It's about integrity.

Interesting that you use "X" instead of listing specifics. Is it because you nkow very little about the award except the name, maybe a winner or two and that's about it?

My guess is the majority of those bothered by it, would be bothered if he won a contest for the guy with the name closest to Barack Obama.

Certainly goes to show our hatred of the other party does not stop at the border.

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Pied says he doesn't think he deserves it either, but he questions people who question it.....:confused:

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Interesting that you use "X" instead of listing specifics. Is it because you nkow very little about the award except the name, maybe a winner or two and that's about it?

My guess is the majority of those bothered by it, would be bothered if he won a contest for the guy with the name closest to Barack Obama.

Certainly goes to show our hatred of the other party does not stop at the border.

Cheap shot....and you know it....I'm ashamed of you....:(

I'd be laughing if they gave it to Bush....did you forget my posts where I said I didn't like most of the politics of Bush and McCain......cheap shot artist...:(

I do believe that the guidelines are for "Achievements"....please point out the achievements...other than being the global administrator of palcebo Motrin.

tayb
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
tayb?

I thought you'd have me on ignore by now since you seem to be the only tool that uses that feature lol

lol. I didn't even see that he called me gay. That is pretty funny. What is more funny is while he has his head up mong's *** he says something like "he wins arguments without name-calling" and then proceeds to throw out the word "gay." Come on bro, try to be more like your idol.

pied
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Cheap shot....and you know it....I'm ashamed of you....:(

I'd be laughing if they gave it to Bush....did you forget my posts where I said I didn't like most of the politics of Bush and McCain......cheap shot artist...:(

I do believe that the guidelines are for "Achievements"....please point out the achievements...other than being the global administrator of palcebo Motrin.

Not taking shots.

It's an award that I am aware of, and really know very little about. I think almost all of us fall into that category.

Unlike you, had Bush won I would have been happy as well. Perhaps I like America more.

RedRage00
10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
lol. I didn't even see that he called me gay. That is pretty funny. What is more funny is while he has his head up mong's *** he says something like "he wins arguments without name-calling" and then proceeds to throw out the word "gay." Come on bro, try to be more like your idol.

I'm pretty sure it was aimed at me, but I guess since his brain is 1/4th the size of Mong's that he didn't realize you called him out first. :cool:

tayb
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it was aimed at me, but I guess since his brain is 1/4th the size of Mong's that he didn't realize you called him out first. :cool:

You're being too serious. He was just "fishing." What a chump you are. :rolleyes:

Dawg Fan
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM

I never called you gay. as a matter of fact show me where I did. seriously :rolleyes:Come on bro, gay is not an obscene word and you acting offended is stupid.Now if you are gay, that is your problem not mine. I have rage on the ignore feature because I don't give a rats as* what he thinks or says and it is a wonderful option this forum provides. I respect mong and his opinions because they are intelligent, something you wouldn't understand.

mad_fan
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
lol.
This thread has become the award (of 2009) itself.
We don't need no facts to support anything.

Let's turn to the FACTS FOR POTUS as of the date of the vote by the committee:
1. He defeated his opponent who was from the same political party as GW Bush.

Fact #2? Anyone?

tayb
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I never called you gay. as a matter of fact show me where I did. seriously Come on bro, gay is not an obscene word and you acting offended is stupid.Now if you are gay, that is your problem not mine. I have rage on the ignore feature because I don't give a rats as* what he thinks or says and it is a wonderful option this forum provides. I respect mong and his opinions because they are intelligent, something you wouldn't understand.

Ask and you shall receive.

Jeez phoenix, mong obliterated you. you should have quit while you were behind..ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

hey maybe you can find a chart or graph to show you actually won the argument.:notworthy

Phew. I was wondering when you were going to arrive to say ROFTLMAO and throw out the occasional :notworthy or :laugh while contributing nothing to the debate. Thanks for finally showing up.

the fact that you are happy just makes it all worthwhile and with this excellent response you prove that hypocrisy is not just a word but a creed for you to live by. Thanks

Mong is on a freakin hot streak tonight. :D

be careful of agreeing with mong;) it pisses off the gay people LOL

I'm not offended at all. Gay isn't an obscene word to describe gay people. Even if I was gay it wouldn't offend me especially coming from an adult with the intellectual ability of a small child.

Mr. Rod
10-13-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITT6bYYGVfM

mad_fan
10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not offended at all. Gay isn't an obscene word to describe gay people.

If only you could extend this thinking to other minority groups looking for something more.

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Not taking shots.

It's an award that I am aware of, and really know very little about. I think almost all of us fall into that category.

Unlike you, had Bush won I would have been happy as well. Perhaps I like America more.

I like earning something rather than having it given to you more. We just have a different work ethic. Glad you're not working with me at the PO, I'd have to carry half your route every day because you think you're entitled to a check and don't care how you get it.....if I'm reading your ethic correctly.

GoOwls
10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
lol.
This thread has become the award (of 2009) itself.
We don't need no facts to support anything.

Let's turn to the FACTS FOR POTUS as of the date of the vote by the committee:
1. He defeated his opponent who was from the same political party as GW Bush.

Fact #2? Anyone?

Keep waiting, Mad, there will be no response to this from the other side.

Well played.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah right....from a postal worker.:rolleyes:
giveI like earning something rather than having it given to you more. We just have a different work ethic. Glad you're not working with me at the PO, I'd have to carry half your route every day because you think you're entitled to a check and don't care how you get it.....if I'm reading your ethic correctly.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 06:45 AM

Sooo what's wrong with being working at the post office? Does he not work? Does he not earn his paycheck? Or is that a job you find to low to acknowledge?

pied
10-14-2009, 06:58 AM
I like earning something rather than having it given to you more. We just have a different work ethic. Glad you're not working with me at the PO, I'd have to carry half your route every day because you think you're entitled to a check and don't care how you get it.....if I'm reading your ethic correctly.

Brilliant analysis.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 07:33 AM
You must be a young guy.....I don't judge people on a scale (lowness...etc) the way you ask about.
It is well known and documented however...that many workers in the PO are absolutely not working hard.....just long. Ask somebody.

Sooo what's wrong with being working at the post office? Does he not work? Does he not earn his paycheck? Or is that a job you find to low to acknowledge?

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 07:35 AM
You must be a young guy.....I don't judge people on a scale (lowness...etc) the way you ask about.
It is well known and documented however...that many workers in the PO are absolutely not working hard.....just long. Ask somebody.

source?

JagFan
10-14-2009, 07:38 AM

Then why the remark about him being a postal worker when he says he would rather earn his money than have it handed to him?
The same could be said about most occupations. Some work hard others do not.

I am very far from being a young guy;)

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM

Whats your occupation?

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:04 AM
I am currently the owner of three businesses with 32 total employees.
So; in a nutshell, I respect anybody working because someone has to do the job.....even the guy who cleans the restrooms.
There's no such thing as low, unless a guy is sitting on his butt and asking me for a dollar.

Whats your occupation?

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
source?

Postal total factor productivity (TFP, which is output per combined unit of labor, capital and material input) has increased by 19 percent since 1972, averaging 0.5 percent per year. Recent BLS research on similar private sector industries—the transportation, utilities and communications (TUC) industries and service sector in general—found significantly lower annual TFP growth rates than those observed for the USPS.

http://www.nalc.org/postal/perform/productivity.html

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Ask him, he'll tell you if he's honest.

source?

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:07 AM

I understand what you are saying, for years it was that way. The USPS has changed dramatically.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:07 AM
How about asking a postal worker?

Postal total factor productivity (TFP, which is output per combined unit of labor, capital and material input) has increased by 19 percent since 1972, averaging 0.5 percent per year. Recent BLS research on similar private sector industries—the transportation, utilities and communications (TUC) industries and service sector in general—found significantly lower annual TFP growth rates than those observed for the USPS.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM

I wonder if if productivity would improve if we privatized other governement businesses ? :rolleyes:

Oh, never mind. I forgot. We are now taking private companies and making them government run. :rolleyes:

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I have a heavy background in accounting, management and time labor analysis..........besides having numerous friends and family that work in distribution centers and even doing some PT work there a while back.

Then why the remark about him being a postal worker when he says he would rather earn his money than have it handed to him?
The same could be said about most occupations. Some work hard others do not.

I am very far from being a young guy;)

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
We've been in the business of corporate and world welfare longer than we've been in the business of people welfare.
So what's your main point?

I wonder if if productivity would improve if we privatized other governement businesses ? :rolleyes:

Oh, never mind. I forgot. We are now taking private companies and making them government run. :rolleyes:

JagFan
10-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I have a heavy background in accounting, management and time labor analysis..........besides having numerous friends and family that work in distribution centers and even doing some PT work there a while back.

Great. You voice is still not any better than a postal worker. I get what you are trying to say but it is coming out as very elitist and just snobby.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:17 AM
We've been in the business of corporate and world welfare longer than we've been in the business of people welfare.

main point is that bashing postal worker's productivity is lame considering the massive improvements that the USPS has made.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM

The point is you made it sound like because he worked at the PO he didn't earn a paycheck. He couldn't be productive enough. I think you owe him and all Postal workers an apology.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Far from it....bad interpretation.
I'm the total opposite......but a number cruncher will many times be viewed that way because of a desensitivity possibly brought about from when I've had to tell someone I'm consulting they have to lay off 25% of their employees to trim fat and get them in the "black".
But no.....I'm no better than the guy who cleans a toilet, just different.
Great. You voice is still not any better than a postal worker. I get what you are trying to say but it is coming out as very elitist and just snobby.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Nope.......the hard workers know who they are, just as the guys who milk the clock and take naps on company time know who they are.
No apologies from me on that.

The point is you made it sound like because he worked at the PO he didn't earn a paycheck. He couldn't be productive enough. I think you owe him and all Postal workers an apology.

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM

I thought the same thing, except I would add the word "a-hole" at the end of each of those terms.

RedRage00
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM

I'm not offended at all. Gay isn't an obscene word to describe gay people. Even if I was gay it wouldn't offend me especially coming from an adult with the intellectual ability of a small child.

Yeah, he acts like it offends me. :D

It's funny how I'm supposed to be on "ignore" but he comments on my posts occasionally. :rolleyes:

Only wimps use the ignore feature. Just don't read something if you dont like it.

He could change his screenname 300 times and people will still know him as crybaby dawgfan. lol

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
lol....but for an ignorant person to analyze me, I'll take it.
Still confused I see.

I thought the same thing, except I would add the word "a-hole" at the end of each of those terms.

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Nope.......the hard workers know who they are, just as the guys who milk the clock and take naps on company time know who they are.
No apologies from me on that.

But you generalized the postal worker and included GoOwls in that group, right? I agree with JagFan. You owe the man an apology.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Far from it....bad interpretation.
I'm the total opposite......but a number cruncher will many times be viewed that way because of a desensitivity possibly brought about from when I've had to tell someone I'm consulting they have to lay off 25% of their employees to trim fat and get them in the "black".
But no.....I'm no better than the guy who cleans a toilet, just different.

I really appreciate you articulating your perspective and it is this kind of exchange that makes this a great forum. A lot of people on here would have already been into the name calling.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:31 AM
i guess i should post faster ;)

RedRage00
10-14-2009, 08:32 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/epic-fail-mail-fail.jpg

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:33 AM
lol....but for an ignorant person to analyze me, I'll take it.
Still confused I see.

You were the one displaying ignorance by mouthing off about a postal worker, which you obviously know nothing about.
Youre sounding like a snob again.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Everybody doesn't read and comprehend......a few don't even read at all........and then some will never voice or express a need for clarification.
Of course...there are ignorant folks who just carry a bag of rocks.lol
I appreciate you knowing how to think critically, debate and apply your take on issues and topics.:notworthy

I really appreciate you articulating your perspective and it is this kind of exchange that makes this a great forum. A lot of people on here would have already been into the name calling.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Hold your breath......ok?

But you generalized the postal worker and included GoOwls in that group, right? I agree with JagFan. You owe the man an apology.

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Everybody doesn't read and comprehend......a few don't even read at all........and then some will never voice or express a need for clarification.
Of course...there are ignorant folks who just carry a bag of rocks.lol
I appreciate you knowing how to think critically, debate and apply your take on issues and topics.:notworthy

So you took a cheap shot at him, then to justify yourself, you claim it was in the spirit of a debate?

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Did I ever express to you the need to further your education?
You were the one displaying ignorance by mouthing off about a postal worker, which you obviously know nothing about.
Youre sounding like a snob again.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:38 AM
You're young.....maybe one day the bulb will click on.:rolleyes:
So you took a cheap shot at him, then to justify yourself, you claim it was in the spirit of a debate?

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 08:40 AM

what? you need to go to the gym and sweat out that hate.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Classic example of reading comprehension/critical thinking and application in debate fail.:D

what? you need to go to the gym and sweat out that hate.

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:46 AM
You're young.....maybe one day the bulb will click on.:rolleyes:

Im just wanting to see if you are man enough to say something, then not weasel your way out of it.
Heres the truth about it.
You run your mouth about the man and his 26 yr. occupation, (more than just once, I might add) then when someone calls you out, you back out by saying it was all about debate and other issues.
Didnt even have the sack to man up and apologize to him.

dragonsdaddy
10-14-2009, 08:51 AM
slcdragonfan,

Excellent post. I do enjoy children's literature. I can't help but feel that I must be too stupid to see all the vibrant colors and beautiful patterns or perhaps there is nothing there to see at all.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Emperors-New-Clothes.htm

what the ptb took to be children's lit was anything but. ironic, or maybe satirical, huh?

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Not the fastest bunny in the forest are you?......How the hell did the wolf not get you yet?:)
(old saying).

Im just wanting to see if you are man enough to say something, then not weasel your way out of it.
Heres the truth about it.
You run your mouth about the man and his 26 yr. occupation, (more than just once, I might add) then when someone calls you out, you back out by saying it was all about debate and other issues.
Didnt even have the sack to man up and apologize to him.

dragonsdaddy
10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
tayb?

soooo, i'm not a tool?????

Firebird
10-14-2009, 08:56 AM
If E-Vol doesn't apologize, GoOwls is apt to become disgruntled....we don't want that....

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Right??????????:notworthy
If E-Vol doesn't apologize, GoOwls is apt to become disgruntled....we don't want that....

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Not the fastest bunny in the forest are you?......How the hell did the wolf not get you yet?:)
(old saying).

Thats it?

How the hell have you been so lucky?

tayb
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM

It is pretty crystal clear to me that you insulted his line of work and stated plainly on more than one occasion that it DOES NOT require hard work. I don't really know of any other way to read that first line "yeah right, from a postal worker" other than you are plainly stating that being a postal worker DOES NOT work hard. Then you state "it is well known and documented" that being a postal worker DOES NOT require hard work. I really don't understand how anyone could possibly comprehend this any other way.

I literally could care less if you insulted his line of work. The USPS is so poorly run it is laughable. The funny part is you make a statement and then pretend you didn't actually make that statement and everyone else just can't read properly. Instead of criticizing others for their lack of reading comprehension skills perhaps you should look into your inability to translate your thoughts into writing.

dragonsdaddy
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM

is this in the same vein of "knowledge" that some americans have a fondness for fried chicken, loose shoes, and watermelon? nice.

dragonsdaddy
10-14-2009, 09:06 AM

same reason very few besides morons trust any other study of one.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow....Plano must have changed quite a bit.:notworthy
is this in the same vein of "knowledge" that some americans have a fondness for fried chicken, loose shoes, and watermelon? nice.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
lol.....being a postal worker in no way "defines" that party as being a hard worker.
That's a fact.

It is pretty crystal clear to me that you insulted his line of work and stated plainly on more than one occasion that it DOES NOT require hard work. I don't really know of any other way to read that first line "yeah right, from a postal worker" other than you are plainly stating that being a postal worker DOES NOT work hard. Then you state "it is well known and documented" that being a postal worker DOES NOT require hard work. I really don't understand how anyone could possibly comprehend this any other way.

I literally could care less if you insulted his line of work. The USPS is so poorly run it is laughable. The funny part is you make a statement and then pretend you didn't actually make that statement and everyone else just can't read properly. Instead of criticizing others for their lack of reading comprehension skills perhaps you should look into your inability to translate your thoughts into writing.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not the prey.:D
Thats it?

How the hell have you been so lucky?

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not the prey.:D

Thats not what I meant by my question.
Figure it out.
Cmon, use all that super brain power that you have.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Care to articulate this statement a little clearer?
same reason very few besides morons trust any other study of one.

tayb
10-14-2009, 09:24 AM
lol.....being a postal worker in no way "defines" that party as being a hard worker.
That's a fact.

Fact? So you're OPINION of what constitutes "hard work" can be considered a fact? Huh, here I was thinking "hard work" is entirely subjective. Hey, at least you make an idiotic statement and then stick to it. Props for that.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM

:notworthy

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hard work and being a hard worker are far from the same thing.
You are playing with yourself......waffling on my consistency. One minute I'm not, the next I am.
Self check.......that's what you did right here.:)

Fact? So you're OPINION of what constitutes "hard work" can be considered a fact? Huh, here I was thinking "hard work" is entirely subjective. Hey, at least you make an idiotic statement and then stick to it. Props for that.

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 09:33 AM
You are playing with yourself......waffling on my consistency. One minute I'm not, the next I am.

Yep, you're consistent.

tayb
10-14-2009, 09:33 AM

I literally read half of your posts and think to myself "what the ****?" There are some people here who have trouble putting their thoughts into writing. Yeah, that would be you.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Brilliant analysis.

Thank you...I thought so...;)

JagFan
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM

That has nothing to do with the fact that you called into question GoOwls statement of earning a paycheck vs. being given a hand out because he was a postal worker. Whether you meant it or not that's how it came out. Now if you did not mean to imply that postal workers and GoOwls do not earn their paycheck then man up and say so and apologize for the low blow.

RedRage00
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I've met GoOwls and I can tell he's a hardworker. There may be lazy people at the PO, but there are lazy people in every profession.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe I'm insinuating that GoOwls is one of those guys who isn't a hard working postal worker?????? And yes, he has company there. Now hold your breath if you're waiting for me to apologize.
That has nothing to do with the fact that you called into question GoOwls statement of earning a paycheck vs. being given a hand out because he was a postal worker. Whether you meant it or not that's how it came out. Now if you did not mean to imply that postal workers and GoOwls do not earn their paycheck then man up and say so and apologize for the low blow.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM
You have an opinion you are entitled to.....as do I.

I've met GoOwls and I can tell he's a hardworker. There may be lazy people at the PO, but there are lazy people in every profession.

slcdragonfan
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
slcdragonfan,

Excellent post. I do enjoy children's literature. I can't help but feel that I must be too stupid to see all the vibrant colors and beautiful patterns or perhaps there is nothing there to see at all.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Emperors-New-Clothes.htm

Mong,

Your reply can be on many levels, so I will try to sort it out. No, I was not referencing childrens' tales. I was referencing how some of these arguments (little vs. big) and how seriously we take them. Gulliver's Travels seemed perfect for that. And how our arguments and positions are so often predetermined by our politics (big vs. little), rather than the reverse. We can ridicule the awarding of the Prize to Obama, but what does Obama himself have to do with it? HE didn't award it to himself. the looking glass reference was for fun. :)

So, if you were trying to determine if I had a point or was just posting idiotic stuff, I actually had a point. obtuse though it may have been.

Now, if your HCA 'Emperor's Clothes' article is to reference the lack of accomplishment for Obama, I heartily agree. It is most obviously a political reward, as of nomination time Obama had accomplished nothing except being elected president. Is there something else I missed in this article?

HOWEVER, this has been used as just another organ to grind in the monotonous tirade against this President of 10 months. You are exactly right; he hasn't done enough, to get the award OR to be as vilified as he is. I'll leave it there for now. And once again, let me note that I voted for John McCain. I am not a liberal socialist commie steal-your-money hand-out seeking bleeding heart. I have my own business and have been independently employed since 1995, i have paid ungodly sums of taxes, etc. I consider myself a moderate.

Now, into the rabbit hole I go....

JagFan
10-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe I'm insinuating that GoOwls is one of those guys who isn't a hard working postal worker?????? And yes, he has company there. Now hold your breath if you're waiting for me to apologize.

And you know this how???? Because he works at the post office?

Yes you have every right to your opinion as do the rest of us. But that was a low blow. No I won't hold my breath for an apology. You do no wrong.;)

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM

What a genius.....:rolleyes:

OK, I'll tell you.

Yes, there are people at the PO who are slackers....they use the govt. system to get disability and light duty work.....I work with a guy now who spends most of his time working a cell phone provider service as a side job while he is on the clock...the PO can't touch him because of regulations....but people like that are the exception.

See, those of us who do the work have to cover his route and that of two other people in our office doing similar things.

So we carry our own route, then carry part of his route....very tiring walking, carrying a bag of mail for 7 -9 hours a day in all kinds of weather.

Also, when I started in 1984, all the latter mail was cased and sorted by hand...it took 3 hours or more, so our "street time" was only about 4 -4 1/2 hours. With automation of the letter mail, our office time has shrunk to 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, making our routes longer, with more deliveries, and the street times around 6 1/2 to 7 hours. If you got overtime to carry to get the job done, easily 7-9 hours street time.

A full walking route in 1984 was about 380-415 homes. Now it's about 600+.

Carriers are having a glut of "wear and tear" injuries to the feet, ankles, knees, hips, back, and neck due to the increased street time since the routes began to be lengthened in approx. 1992-1995.

I know more guys in their 40's and 30's with knee and hip replacements in the PO than in the whole rest of my contacts outside of work, no matter the age.

BTW, I've been a business route carrier almost the whole almost 26 years I've been in the PO. There are all types of business owners....some successful, some not....I've watched them come and go over the years and see how they succede and fail.

First, I have about 140 businesses I deliver and many of those people I've known for 25 years. I do not know a small businesman who is a liberal.....they are conservatives....they know how the Democrats effect their bottom line with the taxes. I'm surprised that you are such a flaming liberal....you must be so successful that you can afford to pay all those new taxes that will be coming...or too dense to see it coming.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 10:04 AM
lol....I don't have to prove my opinion, no one does. If it's a low blow to an insensitive guy so be it.
Me wrong? You'd pray to me if I did everything right always.:)For clarification.....that means I'm not God.:notworthy
And you know this how???? Because he works at the post office?

Yes you have every right to your opinion as do the rest of us. But that was a low blow. No I won't hold my breath for an apology. You do no wrong.;)

JagFan
10-14-2009, 10:06 AM
lol....I don't have to prove my opinion, no one does. If it's a low blow to an insensitive guy so be it.
Me wrong? You'd pray to me if I did everything right always.:)For clarification.....that means I'm not God.:notworthy

Good to know you realize that.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 10:08 AM
come on friday night !!

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/epic-fail-mail-fail.jpg

See, now you are showing your ignorance.

I know that pic looks bad, but on a "walk out" route where you don't have a vehicle and you stop to get your mail at drop boxes, many times, there is no place to take your two 10 minute breaks or your 30 minute lunch.

We had walkout routes till about 1988, but they did away with them here....there are many in urban areas like in the picture.

I remember sitting out a rain storm in one of those boxes one day....took my lunch and a break there that day to wait out a downpour. I knew a guy who loved his walkout route. He had 4 boxes and had wind up alarm clocks in 3 of them. If he was tired when he got there, he would set his clock, take his break or lunch/nap, as get back to work when the alarm went off. It was all residential, so he had no way to get to a business for his break and lunch...he had nice people on his route that let him use the restroom.

Sometimes, things are not as they appear.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:18 AM

Did I ever express to you the need to further your education?

You're a freakin liar and you know it....it was certainly a personal cheap shot at me carried over from other discussions.....don't get all high and mighty with me/us...we/I can smell crap as good as anyone.

With my good customers, and most are, I put their checks on the top of the pile....makes them feel better about their day to see the check on top.....I'd put yours on the bottom of the pile...you're not nice.

RedRage00
10-14-2009, 10:21 AM
See, now you are showing your ignorance.

I know that pic looks bad, but on a "walk out" route where you don't have a vehicle and you stop to get your mail at drop boxes, many times, there is no place to take your two 10 minute breaks or your 30 minute lunch.

We had walkout routes till about 1988, but they did away with them here....there are many in urban areas like in the picture.

I remember sitting out a rain storm in one of those boxes one day....took my lunch and a break there that day to wait out a downpour. I knew a guy who loved his walkout route. He had 4 boxes and had wind up alarm clocks in 3 of them. If he was tired when he got there, he would set his clock, take his break or lunch/nap, as get back to work when the alarm went off. It was all residential, so he had no way to get to a business for his break and lunch...he had nice people on his route that let him use the restroom.

Sometimes, things are not as they appear.

Take a chill pill Owls. It was a joke. ;) I just happened to see this pic while yall were fighting about the post office. :ninja:

JagFan
10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
come on friday night !!

It can't get here quick enough. I do have a game tonight with my 8th grader. That should help:)

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks......:o

Dawg Fan

what exactly did I receive from you? I asked you where I said your were gay and you answer with nothing as usual. You on the other hand just prove my point. When you actually have something that has any teeth to it come back and show me.

E-Vol-ution
There were test questions in a previous thread (can't remember who made it) and my answers were deemed to be those of a conservative. Go figure.;)
I could care less for political parties, their sloguns or definitions. I agree with what I feel is right. (ie... public option because private health care for a small business owner's employees as it stands is impossible for some very deserving people). Sure I pay a lot in taxes.......and I have to redefine the scope of what we do and how we do it frequently.
We put our own profit into x-mas bonuses last year in one of the companies......and these guys bust their butts so hard they doubled last year's profit already. If I didn't have high taxes, I wouldn't be making money. I'll take that combination anyday. Being broke sucks worse.
Yes...I take exception to those who constantly rag the Government as a popular pastime. It makes me call into question their true patriotism and agenda.
Chances are....none of us could pull the stunts we do in any other country and I see the US being hated on from within because some jerks have issues with pigmentation and freaking political parties. That's real talk.

What a genius.....:rolleyes:

OK, I'll tell you.

Yes, there are people at the PO who are slackers....they use the govt. system to get disability and light duty work.....I work with a guy now who spends most of his time working a cell phone provider service as a side job while he is on the clock...the PO can't touch him because of regulations....but people like that are the exception.

See, those of us who do the work have to cover his route and that of two other people in our office doing similar things.

So we carry our own route, then carry part of his route....very tiring walking, carrying a bag of mail for 7 -9 hours a day in all kinds of weather.

Also, when I started in 1984, all the latter mail was cased and sorted by hand...it took 3 hours or more, so our "street time" was only about 4 -4 1/2 hours. With automation of the letter mail, our office time has shrunk to 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, making our routes longer, with more deliveries, and the street times around 6 1/2 to 7 hours. If you got overtime to carry to get the job done, easily 7-9 hours street time.

Carriers are having a glut of "wear and tear" injuries to the feet, ankles, knees, hips, back, and neck due to the increased street time since the routes began to be lengthened in approx. 1992-1995.

I know more guys in their 40's and 30's with knee and hip replacements in the PO than in the whole rest of my contacts outside of work, no matter the age.

BTW, I've been a business route carrier almost the whole almost 26 years I've been in the PO. There are all types of business owners....some successful, some not....I've watched them come and go over the years and see how they succede and fail.

First, I have about 140 businesses I deliver and many of those people I've known for 25 years. I do not know a small businesman who is a liberal.....they are conservatives....they know how the Democrats effect their bottom line with the taxes. I'm surprised that you are such a flaming liberal....you must be so successful that you can afford to pay all those new taxes that will be coming...or too dense to see it coming.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
There were test questions in a previous thread (can't remember who made it) and my answers were deemed to be those of a conservative. Go figure.;)
I could care less for political parties, their sloguns or definitions. I agree with what I feel is right. (ie... public option because private health care for a small business owner's employees as it stands is impossible for some very deserving people). Sure I pay a lot in taxes.......and I have to redefine the scope of what we do and how we do it frequently.
We put our own profit into x-mas bonuses last year in one of the companies......and these guys bust their butts so hard they doubled last year's profit already. If I didn't have high taxes, I wouldn't be making money. I'll take that combination anyday. Being broke sucks worse.
Yes...I take exception to those who constantly rag the Government as a popular pastime. It makes me call into question their true patriotism and agenda.
Chances are....none of us could pull the stunts we do in any other country and I see the US being hated on from within because some jerks have issues with pigmentation and freaking political parties. That's real talk.

Are you gonna address my post or are you going to just soap box......you made some claims, asked for a response....I gave it.....man up or shut the he** up.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 10:33 AM
When did I deny dishing out a shot at you?;)
I could care less where the check is in the mail......as long as it's there.
No need to gloss.....bills are a reality and they let me know I must have something I'm paying for.
Nice????? Who cares....... I'd rather be real.
Think I want my head cut off by a smiling face? No thanks....just be real about it.

You're a freakin liar and you know it....it was certainly a personal cheap shot at me carried over from other discussions.....don't get all high and mighty with me/us...we/I can smell crap as good as anyone.

With my good customers, and most are, I put their checks on the top of the pile....makes them feel better about their day to see the check on top.....I'd put yours on the bottom of the pile...you're not nice.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 10:37 AM
When did I deny dishing out a shot at you?;)
I could care less where the check is in the mail......as long as it's there.
No need to gloss.....bills are a reality and they let me know I must have something I'm paying for.
Nice????? Who cares....... I'd rather be real.
Think I want my head cut off by a smiling face? No thanks....just be real about it.

You are a sad individual....I'm going to pray for you.

tayb
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
what exactly did I receive from you? I asked you where I said your were gay and you answer with nothing as usual. You on the other hand just prove my point. When you actually have something that has any teeth to it come back and show me.

I showed you exactly where you called me gay. lol. I didn't think I would need to explain it further but then again I am dealing with a mentally incapable human being.

drgnbkr
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM

I don't know if you really meant it or not but to throw this out is flat out wrong..If you feel that way you can't be reading, listening or seeing with your own eyes. It is not about color, it is about character and decision making, it is not even really about politics it is about policy ....IMO the guy in the Presidents seat right now is blowing up our economy, lost on foreign policy, ruining the morale of the military and getting ready to tax the middle class harder than anyone in history. We have the largest deficit ever because of decisions made by him in less than a year! Millions feel the same way, and we get to say it whether you like it or not.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Your head's in the sand if you don't think that is a problem with many of the naysayers. Like I said before, I appreciate reality, screw a smiley face with a dirty thought.
Check the numbers.......and the economy. It doesn't change overnight and a loss isn't immediately changed into a gain. The bleeding stops first, and that was "business as usual" at the root.

I don't know if you really meant it or not but to throw this out is flat out wrong..If you feel that way you can't be reading, listening or seeing with your own eyes. It is not about color, it is about character and decision making, it is not even really about politics it is about policy ....IMO the guy in the Presidents seat right now is blowing up our economy, lost on foreign policy, ruining the morale of the military and getting ready to tax the middle class harder than anyone in history. We have the largest deficit ever because of decisions made by him in less than a year! Millions feel the same way, and we get to say it whether you like it or not.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
I'll deal with reality and doubt you pray much.:rolleyes:

You are a sad individual....I'm going to pray for you.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 11:03 AM

I heard that if he and the Dems get all the stuff they want, that in 8 years, when all the stuff is fully implimented, that the deficit could be as large as 12 trillion. What would happen if, say, China decided to call all our debt to them due immediately.....the economy would totally collapse.....why would any thinking person/persons put us in a situation where that was a possible scenario?

drgnbkr
10-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I heard that if he and the Dems get all the stuff they want, that in 8 years, when all the stuff is fully implimented, that the deficit could be as large as 12 trillion. What would happen if, say, China decided to call all our debt to them due immediately.....the economy would totally collapse.....why would any thinking person/persons put us in a situation where that was a possible scenario?

I think it is becoming clearer by the day that the whole approach is centered around "Big government will take care of you". That combined with an appalling lack of experience is getting us deeper in this mess every day.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll deal with reality and doubt you pray much.:rolleyes:

Wow, now you publicly question my faith level in an open forum with absolutely no idea whether I'm a man of faith or not.....

I feel for your employees.

Maroondog
10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I think it is becoming clearer by the day that the whole approach is centered around "Big government will take care of you". That combined with an appalling lack of experience is getting us deeper in this mess every day.

Hmm............ Socialism or Communism?

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Hmm............ Socialism or Communism?

yes.

Draw straws.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I typically avoid the topic in these threads but you mentioned it.
Read about it in the Bible if what you say is true.
Fear is a lack of faith. A lack in faith results in fear.
Your insensitive and fearmongering posts do not reflect your claims.
Of course, that's between you and God.
My employees are fine.....and if I have anything to do with it, will be better.

Wow, now you publicly question my faith level in an open forum with absolutely no idea whether I'm a man of faith or not.....

I feel for your employees.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Really?? You are the only I have seen mention race. You say you deal in reality. The reality is some people do not like the policy that is coming from this administration. We disagree with his government will take care of you policies. We do have that right. It really is a very simple reality that has nothing to do with race. I don't say you are a woman hater just because you don't agree with me. The race card is getting very old and the only people playing it are you.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I mention two variables that are definitely factors.Think it's ironic you only see one and dispute one that is so obvious in quite a few people?:rolleyes:
The only colors that should be a factor are red, white and blue. You must not be reading some of the comments made.

Really?? You are the only I have seen mention race. You say you deal in reality. The reality is some people do not like the policy that is coming from this administration. We disagree with his government will take care of you policies. We do have that right. It really is a very simple reality that has nothing to do with race. I don't say you are a woman hater just because you don't agree with me. The race card is getting very old and the only people playing it are you.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I mention two variables that are definitely factors.Think it's ironic you only see one and dispute one that is so obvious in quite a few people?:rolleyes:

Glad you don't think your God;) You know peoples work ethic, their faith , and whats in their hearts regarding race without even knowing them. Man you are amazing. Hope you don't get knocked off your pedestal any time soon, that long fall could hurt.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Read more...........it's all out there.:)
Glad you don't think your God;) You know peoples work ethic, their faith , and whats in their hearts regarding race without even knowing them. Man you are amazing. Hope you don't get knocked off your pedestal any time soon, that long fall could hurt.

15Adragon
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM

The race card is always a nice play when you are out of all of other plays. It is ridiculous. I doubt people diagreed with Bush because he was white. People passionately disagreed with Bush's priorities, direction, agenda, etc... Same thing with Obama. I would have the same opinions if it were Gore, Biden, Pelosi, Reid or Clinton advancing this agenda. If you disagree with Obama on anything and you cannot be conviced to agree then surely it is racism. :rolleyes:

JagFan
10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Read more...........it's all out there.:)

I know your thoughts are. You have shown in this thread alone that you think you are better than GoOwls because he works for the post office, you cannot see where he prays, anyone that disagrees with Obama is a racist. You are better than all of us. Glad your self confidence is high.

And yes I own a business with 4 subsidiaries and pay a heck of lot in taxes. I would rather continue at the rate I am at and pay more to my employees. They like their health insurance just fine. And I even am on the same plan I offer them unlike what congress is going to do.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
The race card is always a nice play when you are out of all of other plays. It is ridiculous. I doubt people diagreed with Bush because he was white. People passionately disagreed with Bush's priorities, direction, agenda, etc... Same thing with Obama. I would have the same opinions if it were Gore, Biden, Pelosi, Reid or Clinton advancing this agenda. If you disagree with Obama on anything and you cannot be conviced to agree then surely it is racism. :rolleyes:

Ya they throw it out when they can't defend the policies. Would not like these policies coming from anyone. Don't know why some can't grasp that concept.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Be honest and say that's how you feel.....but you could never defend some of the crap being said in some major news threads.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Be honest and say that's how you feel.....but you could never defend some of the crap being said in some major news threads.

Nor could you defend some of the crap coming from the other side. Just sayin it cuts both ways.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
All you've got to do is look at the content of what's being said. The "both ways" portion is one of the two variables I detest.
Nor could you defend some of the crap coming from the other side. Just sayin it cuts both ways.

Mong Hu
10-14-2009, 12:02 PM
what the ptb took to be children's lit was anything but. ironic, or maybe satirical, huh?

I am somewhat slow with internet lingo but I am taking ptb to mean "powers that be". I agree completely that Swifts classic Gulliver's Travels is far more than a simple children's tale. I think that in fact one of the reasons that it has become a classic is because of its broad appeal to young and old alike to say nothing of its insight into our human nature. I think it is correctly classified as both a classic of literature and children's literature. The story on its face is entertaining to not only children but to the child in all of us. I think that modern movies such as Cars or Toy Story share this same characteristic. They are appealing to both young and old and this accounts for their tremendous popularity. (Don't get me wrong I do not think that Cars or Toy Story belong in the same literary realm as Gulliver's Travels but they do share the common characteristic of appealing to both young and old) I know many adults, myself included, that found those movies entertaining. Further many of the jokes, cultural references, and themes of those movies could only be appreciated by adults and where in fact completely lost on the movie's younger viewers. I think it is this characteristic, the ability to address in a simplistic way the complexity of the human existence, that makes me a fan of "Children's Literature". The insight of slcdragon's original post into the workings of this board by referencing Gulliver was wonderful. (I truly am a fan)

JagFan
10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
All you've got to do is look at the content of what's being said. The "both ways" portion is one of the two variables I detest.

On that we can agree. ;) I would love to vote every congressman and senator out and clean house all together, both sides of the isle.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Politics in general....suck.:notworthy
On that we can agree. ;) I would love to vote every congressman and senator out and clean house all together, both sides of the isle.

JagFan
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Politics in general....suck.:notworthy

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Still avoiding the guts of my post that you as much as begged for, huh. Fraud.

BTW, you are the antithesis of a hypocrite......your posts with all their hate and insults are fine....my expressions of concern are fearmongering and insensitive....what a nut case.

BTW, answer my post about the Postal Service...the post you asked for....be a man for once...stay on topic for once.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
What question are you asking old miserable fleabag?
Still avoiding the guts of my post that you as much as begged for, huh. Fraud.

BTW, you are the antithesis of a hypocrite......your posts with all their hate and insults are fine....my expressions of concern are fearmongering and insensitive....what a nut case.

BTW, answer my post about the Postal Service...the post you asked for....be a man for once...stay on topic for once.

The King
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
World shocker, and deff a USA Shocker.. thoughts???

I'm starting to think and fully belivie he is the 3rd anti-christ... Days are #ed boys/girls.

Who were the 1st and 2nd then?

dragonsdaddy
10-14-2009, 12:39 PM
what has garnered little notice due to the love/hate relationships most keep regardless, is the absolute irrelevance(if $1.25 m can be described as such) that is the nobel peace prize. a pile of money and an agenda can lead that direction.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
i like earning something rather than having it given to you more. We just have a different work ethic. Glad you're not working with me at the po, i'd have to carry half your route every day because you think you're entitled to a check and don't care how you get it.....if i'm reading your ethic correctly.

yeah right....from a postal worker.:rolleyes:

sooo what's wrong with being working at the post office? Does he not work? Does he not earn his paycheck? Or is that a job you find to low to acknowledge?

you must be a young guy.....i don't judge people on a scale (lowness...etc) the way you ask about.
It is well known and documented however...that many workers in the po are absolutely not working hard.....just long. Ask somebody.

source?

postal total factor productivity (tfp, which is output per combined unit of labor, capital and material input) has increased by 19 percent since 1972, averaging 0.5 percent per year. Recent bls research on similar private sector industries—the transportation, utilities and communications (tuc) industries and service sector in general—found significantly lower annual tfp growth rates than those observed for the usps.

ask him, he'll tell you if he's honest.

i understand what you are saying, for years it was that way. The usps has changed dramatically.

how about asking a postal worker?

maybe i'm insinuating that goowls is one of those guys who isn't a hard working postal worker?????? And yes, he has company there. Now hold your breath if you're waiting for me to apologize.

i've met goowls and i can tell he's a hardworker. There may be lazy people at the po, but there are lazy people in every profession.

you have an opinion you are entitled to.....as do i.

what a genius.....:rolleyes:

Ok, i'll tell you.

Yes, there are people at the po who are slackers....they use the govt. System to get disability and light duty work.....i work with a guy now who spends most of his time working a cell phone provider service as a side job while he is on the clock...the po can't touch him because of regulations....but people like that are the exception.

Also, when i started in 1984, all the latter mail was cased and sorted by hand...it took 3 hours or more, so our "street time" was only about 4 -4 1/2 hours. With automation of the letter mail, our office time has shrunk to 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, making our routes longer, with more deliveries, and the street times around 6 1/2 to 7 hours. If you got overtime to carry to get the job done, easily 7-9 hours street time.

I know more guys in their 40's and 30's with knee and hip replacements in the po than in the whole rest of my contacts outside of work, no matter the age.

Btw, i've been a business route carrier almost the whole almost 26 years i've been in the po. There are all types of business owners....some successful, some not....i've watched them come and go over the years and see how they succede and fail.

First, i have about 140 businesses i deliver and many of those people i've known for 25 years. I do not know a small businesman who is a liberal.....they are conservatives....they know how the democrats effect their bottom line with the taxes. I'm surprised that you are such a flaming liberal....you must be so successful that you can afford to pay all those new taxes that will be coming...or too dense to see it coming.

does this refresh your memory?

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
So you complain about your aches and pains.......and want what?
Actually , you made one strong point. About the guys who can't get canned because they have seniority.
Problem is all the layoffs are going to be folks with less than 8 years on the job for the most part so the slackers are still safe.

does this refresh your memory?

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Whats your occupation?

He's a Rick with a P.

RedRage00
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
GoOwls and Evol are worse than me and dawgfan/tater salad/crybaby :D

Firebird
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM

I do not think the word "antithesis" means what you think it means.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
nah........he'll cry for the sympathy vote. Guy likes to throw stones and cry about getting a paper cut.
GoOwls and Evol are worse than me and dawgfan/tater salad/crybaby :D

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
lol......:notworthy

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
So you complain about your aches and pains.......and want what?
Actually , you made one strong point. About the guys who can't get canned because they have seniority.
Problem is all the layoffs are going to be folks with less than 8 years on the job for the most part so the slackers are still safe.

The guy in question had less than 3 years.

The girl has about 6 or 7.

The other is about 15 and will be on permananet disability soon.

You must love being naked because you sure know how to show your a**.

If you were inside the PO, you would know that most of the work is done by the guys with senority or the very new ones......we both have something to work for.

Also, you referenced the mail processing unit......BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! go ahead and clobber them...we laugh at what those clowns get away with...useless.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM

My mistake.....I'm dealing with a moron....my brain skipped....:D

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
nah........he'll cry for the sympathy vote. Guy likes to throw stones and cry about getting a paper cut.

You are truly a sad person.....I'm still praying for you.

You pick a fight and then point across the street....never face the things your own mouth starts....sad little man.

drgnbkr
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Your head's in the sand if you don't think that is a problem with many of the naysayers. Like I said before, I appreciate reality, screw a smiley face with a dirty thought.
Check the numbers.......and the economy. It doesn't change overnight and a loss isn't immediately changed into a gain. The bleeding stops first, and that was "business as usual" at the root.

It has changed virtually overnight with obama quadrupling the deficit that he was left with and taking it to astronomical new levels over the next several years according to the CBO. When does he talk about paying down his deficit vs. spending us into oblivion? Normally the old saying that "the President doesn't spend the money, congress does" might apply here but he is in such a hurry to wreck the economy that they don't even slow down enough to write a bill, much less read what they've written...

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Homer Simpson/Rush Limbaugh in a trainwreck = GoOwls
My mistake.....I'm dealing with a moron....my brain skipped....:D

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
A huge mess was inherited..........
How much have you paid for gas on average in the past year?
Any huge corporate scandals in the past year?
Have you noticed the stock market today?
Are banks doing better?
What would have happened to the Automakers?
Some things are obviously better.........a lot of things are being addressed.
Nothing is being ignored.
Can it get better? Yes.
Is it worse than it was? No way.

It has changed virtually overnight with obama quadrupling the deficit that he was left with and taking it to astronomical new levels over the next several years according to the CBO. When does he talk about paying down his deficit vs. spending us into oblivion? Normally the old saying that "the President doesn't spend the money, congress does" might apply here but he is in such a hurry to wreck the economy that they don't even slow down enough to write a bill, much less read what they've written...

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
uh...I pointed at you.

You are truly a sad person.....I'm still praying for you.

You pick a fight and then point across the street....never face the things your own mouth starts....sad little man.

slcdragonfan
10-14-2009, 02:53 PM
what has garnered little notice due to the love/hate relationships most keep regardless, is the absolute irrelevance(if $1.25 m can be described as such) that is the nobel peace prize. a pile of money and an agenda can lead that direction.

exactly.

GoOwls
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Homer Simpson/Rush Limbaugh in a trainwreck = GoOwls

Thanks, Dr. E-Vil.

Dawg Fan
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I showed you exactly where you called me gay. lol. I didn't think I would need to explain it further but then again I am dealing with a mentally incapable human being.

and you are full of Sh*t. I never called you gay, I would say it using your username you arrogant kid...Yep I called you arrogant and a kid....you can piss and moan about that if you want:rolleyes:

tayb
10-14-2009, 05:10 PM
and you are full of Sh*t. I never called you gay, I would say it using your username you arrogant kid...Yep I called you arrogant and a kid....you can piss and moan about that if you want:rolleyes:

Alright, calm down young boy.

You don't have to call me by my name to call me gay. I called you out for posting "ROTFLMAO at phoenix" and then dragonband did the exact same thing and you said "be careful the GAY PEOPLE will get pissy." Any person with an ounce of intelligence (this clearly doesn't describe you) would recognize that as you calling me gay. Redrage said "lol tayb?" because he, too, recognized that you directly called me gay. Are you really that stupid? Before you answer that I already know the question, a resounding YES. Shake the cobwebs around maybe you'll figure it out.

When it boils down to it I don't care that you called me gay. It is like if my neighbors small child learns a new word and yells it at me as I walk to my car. Not insulting at all. Gay isn't even a derogatory word. It's just funny how dumb you are.

JOH
10-14-2009, 07:31 PM

You don't have to call me by my name to call me gay. I called you out for posting "ROTFLMAO at phoenix" and then dragonband did the exact same thing and you said "be careful the GAY PEOPLE will get pissy." Any person with an ounce of intelligence (this clearly doesn't describe you) would recognize that as you calling me gay. Redrage said "lol tayb?" because he, too, recognized that you directly called me gay. Are you really that stupid? Before you answer that I already know the question, a resounding YES. Shake the cobwebs around maybe you'll figure it out.

When it boils down to it I don't care that you called me gay. It is like if my neighbors small child learns a new word and yells it at me as I walk to my car. Not insulting at all. Gay isn't even a derogatory word. It's just funny how dumb you are.

ur gay

HUM398
10-14-2009, 07:54 PM

You are such a ***.....I mean You are such a Gay.

Dawg Fan
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM

jeez, you really are as stupid as I thought you were. Do you ride the short bus? As far as the gay comment goes, I guess if you really felt that I was talking about you maybe you feel guilty and have some issues you and rage can work out. This back and forth has run its course and you have nothing and always will have nothing. sorry:o

Dawg Fan
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
You are such a ***.....I mean You are such a Gay.

:notworthy:notworthy

JMSFan
10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
A huge mess was inherited..........
How much have you paid for gas on average in the past year?
Any huge corporate scandals in the past year?
Have you noticed the stock market today?
Are banks doing better?
What would have happened to the Automakers?
Some things are obviously better.........a lot of things are being addressed.
Nothing is being ignored.
Can it get better? Yes.
Is it worse than it was? No way.

1. Been paying lower on average since the summer of 2008. Thats when gas prices began to drop. Credit Bush.
2. Corporate scandals? Yes
3. Stock Market was at 10,000 yesterday. Credit Bush. If he has to take the blame, then he gets to take the credit too. Remember the crying that Obama hasnt been in office long enough to do anything about the economy yet? You cant have it both ways, my friend.
4. Yes the banks are doing better. Truthfully, they should have had to sell or close. But the bailouts helped. They came during Bush's term. Credit Bush.
5. GM should have went bankrupt. Thats what should happen to a business thats not profitable anymore and cant get out of the red. Either sell, or file bankruptcy.

chhspantherfan
10-14-2009, 10:51 PM

No, this is called insinuation and is completely different than him calling you gay directly. This type of miscommunication is exactly why Rush isn't in the Rams buyer group any longer. :eek:;)

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 07:34 AM
lol........That puts me in rare company with Highland Park in the book of Elmer Fudd's likeness.:D:D
Thanks, Dr. E-Vil.

Dawg Fan
10-15-2009, 07:36 AM
No, this is called insinuation and is completely different than him calling you gay directly. This type of miscommunication is exactly why Rush isn't in the Rams buyer group any longer. :eek:;)

funny huh?;)

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I see you give Bush a lot of credit.......:D exactly what America's major problem was when he left office (overextended credit)....very good.

1. Been paying lower on average since the summer of 2008. Thats when gas prices began to drop. Credit Bush.
3. Stock Market was at 10,000 yesterday. Credit Bush. If he has to take the blame, then he gets to take the credit too. Remember the crying that Obama hasnt been in office long enough to do anything about the economy yet? You cant have it both ways, my friend.
4. Yes the banks are doing better. Truthfully, they should have had to sell or close. But the bailouts helped. They came during Bush's term. Credit Bush.
5. GM should have went bankrupt. Thats what should happen to a business thats not profitable anymore and cant get out of the red. Either sell, or file bankruptcy.

chhspantherfan
10-15-2009, 07:41 AM
funny huh?;)

Ah, the lost art of reading comprehension. I am sure that the texting skills are great though :D;)

JMSFan
10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I see you give Bush a lot of credit.......:D exactly what America's major problem was when he left office (overextended credit)....very good.

And the $787 billion dollar stimulus is what? :confused:

slcdragonfan
10-15-2009, 08:14 AM
1. Been paying lower on average since the summer of 2008. Thats when gas prices began to drop. credit bush.
3. Stock market was at 10,000 yesterday. credit bush. If he has to take the blame, then he gets to take the credit too. Remember the crying that obama hasnt been in office long enough to do anything about the economy yet? You cant have it both ways, my friend.
4. Yes the banks are doing better. Truthfully, they should have had to sell or close. but the bailouts helped. They came during bush's term. credit bush.
5. Gm should have went bankrupt. Thats what should happen to a business thats not profitable anymore and cant get out of the red. Either sell, or file bankruptcy.

MARK.
Good stuff.

slcdragonfan
10-15-2009, 08:15 AM
And the $787 billion dollar stimulus is what? :confused:

Bush's, you said it yourself. :)

JMSFan
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Bush's, you said it yourself. :)

I did, didnt I? :D

Im talking about the OTHER one.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/candidatesandtheeconomy/a/Obama_Stimulus.htm

Economic Stimulus Package Bill
Jul 26 2009
"President Barack Obama's $787 billion economic stimulus package has been criticized for not fixing the economy fast enough. "

slcdragonfan
10-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I did, didnt I? :D

Im talking about the OTHER one.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/candidatesandtheeconomy/a/Obama_Stimulus.htm

Economic Stimulus Package Bill
Jul 26 2009
"President Barack Obama's $787 billion economic stimulus package has been criticized for not fixing the economy fast enough. "

As a small and getting smaller business, I haven't seen any of that $54 billion stimulus for small business, where do I go to apply? In fact, today is tax day for me, I would like enough 'stimulus' to be able to pay my tax bill. Feeling very Repubican at this moment. ;)

tayb
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
nm. Done with the arguing and name calling.

15Adragon
10-15-2009, 10:05 AM
As a small and getting smaller business, I haven't seen any of that $54 billion stimulus for small business, where do I go to apply? In fact, today is tax day for me, I would like enough 'stimulus' to be able to pay my tax bill. Feeling very Repubican at this moment. ;)

Neighborhood Acorn office.

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Sometimes it seems the cry of Acorn only rivals that of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Being 52 yrs old...I to date have never seen an Acorn office anywhere in the US. Has anybody on these boards?
As for you 15A....had you ever even heard of Acorn before the Presidential election?

Neighborhood Acorn office.

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
It is tiring.............:notworthy
nm. Done with the arguing and name calling.

15Adragon
10-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Sometimes it seems the cry of Acorn only rivals that of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Being 52 yrs old...I to date have never seen an Acorn office anywhere in the US. Has anybody on these boards?
As for you 15A....had you ever even heard of Acorn before the Presidential election?

Nope. But I have been hearing a lot about them lately. In addition to providing consulting services to small businesses they also can help you with your taxes. :eek:;)

I didn't even mention their voter registration issues, unlawful past, and pending investigations.

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm far from defending them.....but regarding voter registration issues, think they compare to the state of Florida in the Gore election?

Nope. But I have been hearing a lot about them lately. In addition to providing consulting services to small businesses they also can help you with your taxes. :eek:;)

I didn't even mention their voter registration issues, unlawful past, and pending investigations.

trojanbacker
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I understand he is also up for the Cy Young award. He's having an awesome year.

RedRage00
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
It is tiring.............:notworthy

Arguing with someone like tater salad brings down your IQ lol

His name is tater salad for sobbing out loud. :D That alone drops you a few points ;)

DrEdward
10-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I understand he is also up for the Cy Young award. He's having an awesome year.

No, he's already won that on the basis of his potential in throwing out that first pitch this season. Now, we're simply waiting for his acceptance speech for his Golden Glove post-season. After all, in that same appearance, he made no fielding errors. :rolleyes:

Dawg Fan
10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm far from defending them.....but regarding voter registration issues, think they compare to the state of Florida in the Gore election? [QUOTE=15Adragon;1337822]

so you are comparing Acorn to hanging chads? really? While we are at it why don't we find out why military votes in Florida we not allowed in that election. How about we really check out the votes in Minnesota that got Franken elected.

E-Vol-ution
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Answer the question please.....and it involved more than chads. Do you think the alleged voter fraud with Acorn amounted to as many votes as the alleged voter fraud in Florida?

I'm far from defending them.....but regarding voter registration issues, think they compare to the state of Florida in the Gore election?

[QUOTE=Tater Salad;1337907]so you are comparing Acorn to hanging chads? really? While we are at it why don't we find out why military votes in Florida we not allowed in that election. How about we really check out the votes in Minnesota that got Franken elected.

dragonsdaddy
10-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Answer the question please.....and it involved more than chads. Do you think the alleged voter fraud with Acorn amounted to as many votes as the alleged voter fraud in Florida?
[QUOTE=Tater Salad;1337907]

acorn is disseminated across the country and thus conceiveably be a much larger source of fraud than anything from a single state. i doubt the truth would be forthcoming from any fraudulent groups.

Firebird
10-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Fix quote function please. kthxbai

tayb
10-15-2009, 02:46 PM

There... wow... add [/QUOTE] and fix that quoting mess lol.

chhspantherfan
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
:confused::confused:

15Adragon
10-15-2009, 03:08 PM
We have had more casualties in 2009 than any other year in this decade and we have a couple of months to go. One of the many chart experts can double check my interpretation.

Peace??? Peace Obama style??? Chicago peace???

http://icasualties.org/oef/

pied
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
We have had more casualties in 2009 than any other year in this decade and we have a couple of months to go. One of the many chart experts can double check my interpretation.

Peace??? Peace Obama style??? Chicago peace???

http://icasualties.org/oef/

Talk about selective postnig......

http://www.icasualties.org/

Did you forget abuot the soldiers who gave their life in Iraq?

15Adragon
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Talk about selective postnig......

http://www.icasualties.org/

Did you forget abuot the soldiers who gave their life in Iraq?

Didn't mean too. Thanks for the update. I knew one of the chart guru's would check it out.

Ntx
10-15-2009, 04:34 PM
President Hussein is a socialist, if you can't tell.
Whoever voted for him, now realizes what they've caused...As for

Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter, they are either sell outs, or the Obama admin. Has dirt on them...

As for the Nobel peace prize... I don't even know what to say...Because the image of Obama in other countries because of OUR MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!! Is that he is God or something...Personally he really has done much right for our country...And obviously he's not above reproach because he can't even verify where he was born...

As i was saying...The image of Hussein in other countries is that he are all in love with his Hitlerism/Fasicm/Socliaism/Obamaism...And majority of Americans are not...IDK about you but down here in Texas really Nobody likes him!!! And don't say its because he's Black and were just southern racist...Because 1st of all he is half white!!!(LOL)2nd because If there was a black conservative I would surely vote for

pied
10-15-2009, 04:43 PM

Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter, they are either sell outs, or the Obama admin. Has dirt on them...

As for the Nobel peace prize... I don't even know what to say...Because the image of Obama in other countries because of OUR MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!! Is that he is God or something...Personally he really has done much right for our country...And obviously he's not above reproach because he can't even verify where he was born...

As i was saying...The image of Hussein in other countries is that he are all in love with his Hitlerism/Fasicm/Socliaism/Obamaism...And majority of Americans are not...IDK about you but down here in Texas really Nobody likes him!!! And don't say its because he's Black and were just southern racist...Because 1st of all he is half white!!!(LOL)2nd because If there was a black conservative I would surely vote for

You really need to post in the Yard more often.

Dawg Fan
10-15-2009, 04:46 PM

WOW...just wow:eek:

RedRage00
10-15-2009, 04:47 PM
You really need to post in the Yard more often.

I don't even know what to say to that. Is that mojo? lol

ktCarl
10-16-2009, 06:39 AM

Point well made.

Have you been drinkin' with GoOwls? :D

E-Vol-ution
10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
lol......amazing, this guy is spoonfed more than a baby.
This is a perfect example of what happens when you don't read real newspapers or go to school.:notworthy

Dawg Fan
10-16-2009, 07:44 AM
This is a perfect example of what happens when you don't read real newspapers or go to school.:notworthy

the guy is definitely off the reservation IMO but being spoon fed goes both ways depending what media you choose to read. I see the same type of thing coming from the left wingers as they put down their kool aid to type;)

E-Vol-ution
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh come on......those super old accusations and the "Hussein" bit?
That's "Rip Van Winklish".
At least the left and right wingers have much newer material.:D
the guy is definitely off the reservation IMO but being spoon fed goes both ways depending what media you choose to read. I see the same type of thing coming from the left wingers as the put down their kool aid to type;)

GoOwls
10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Point well made.

Have you been drinkin' with GoOwls? :D

:rolleyes: :( :(

JMSFan
10-17-2009, 05:49 AM

You just cant help yourself, can you?

JagFan
10-17-2009, 07:17 AM

I really don't think that he can.

E-Vol-ution
10-17-2009, 07:47 AM
More like the poster couldn't help himself......That stuff was classic misinfo.

the_phoenix612
10-18-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.slowpokecomics.com/strips/terminatrix.gif

BDB
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM

you really like verdana font, huh?

the rest of the post is crap, but i'm really telling you like verdana font.

the_phoenix612
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
you really like verdana font, huh?

the rest of the post is crap, but i'm really telling you like verdana font.
I like that he edited for gramatical (sic) mistakes, while spelling grammatical incorrectly...

BDB
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I like that he edited for gramatical (sic) mistakes, while spelling grammatical incorrectly...

winnar winnar chicken dinnar.

don't worry, once he stops posting from the heart and just copypastas chain mail and fox news retoric, he'll be one of the guys.

JMSFan
10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/p-nut_015/critical-matt-wonder-twin.jpg

JMSFan
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/p-nut_015/nicole-hee-haw.jpg

BDB
10-18-2009, 05:48 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/p-nut_015/critical-matt-wonder-twin.jpg

LMAO! :laugh biden is funnier then mccain, with the simple things he does.

Mong Hu
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM

I don't know about the language the man has chosen or the inflammatory tone of his post (actually I do know it is over the top) but I do not think that describing President Obama as a socialist is outside the realm of reason. Our President has a long history of being associated with figures who flirt with or out right support socialist and even Marxist agenda's.

The most recent example of this is his White House Communications secretary, Anita Dunn, who described Mao Tse Tung along with Mother Theresa as her favorite political philosophers. A lengthy quote of her speech to high school students is included below. You can also find the speech on Youtube.

A lot of you have a great deal of ability. A lot of you work hard. Put them together and that answers the ‘why not' question. There's usually not a good reason and then the third lesson and tip actually comes from two of my favorite political philosophers - Mao Tse Tung and Mother Teresa, not often coupled with each other but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point, which is you're going to make choices. You're going to challenge. You're going to say why not. You're going to figure out how to do things that have never been done before, but here's the deal... These are your choices. They are no one else's. In 1947, when Mao Tse Tung was being challenged within his own party on his plan to basically take China over, Chiang Kai-Shek and the nationalist Chinese held the cities, they had the army. They had the air force. They had everything on their side, and people said how can you win? How can you do this? How can you do this? Against all the odds against you, and Mao Tse Tung said, you know, you fight your war, and I'll fight mine, and think about that for a second.

But this is just the latest in a series of instances which might lead one to question President Obama's political leanings. Wether it be a campaign worker who flies a Cuban flag with a picture of Che Guevara emblazoned on it, a Diversity Czar, Mark Lloyd, who gushes over the revolution of Hugo Chavez, or a former pastor who adheres to and promotes Black Liberation Theology (which has been described by its critics as an odd combination of Marxist class struggle philosophy and Christian Theology) Obama clearly both attracts and is drawn to people who either are socialists or have socialist leanings. You could point to Bill Ayres, who is a self described Marxist and was influential in Marxist organizations such as Students for a Democratic Society or the Weather Underground (who also happened to launch Obama's political career in his Illinois living room), or to Obama's now former Green Jobs Czar, who also characterized himself in the following way

"I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28, and then the verdicts came down on April 29," he told the East Bay Express. "By August, I was a communist."

in a 2005 interview and was an influential member of a Marxist-Leninist group known as STORM.

Perhaps you could point to any number of political commentators which range in political ideology from Charles Krauthammer to the New York Times reporter Eric Etheridge who describe the President as a Social Democrat (I find it interesting that Etheridge does not think that this means Obama is a socialist when in fact the very definition of a Social Democrat includes almost every element of socialism but chooses rather to achieve the ends of socialism with out economic revolution or class struggle but rather by democratic means)

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/obama-is-a-social-democrat-not-a-socialist/?apage=2

You could point to the Presidents own biographies, The Audacity of Hope and Dreams of My Father, which describe sometimes close relationships with men such as Frank Marshall Davis, and Marxist College Professors.

“To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully, the more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

These same books further reveal that Obama was drawn to socialist conferences in New York's Cooper Union during his time at Columbia University.

There is a clear pattern here. The man has been drawn to and attracted socialists to him his entire life. What is that old saying, birds of a feather? At some point the pattern just becomes overwhelming don't you think? I do not think that I am being spoon fed here. I have looked into many of these people and their pasts and the organizations of which they were or are a part. I have read The Audacity of Hope and have tried not to simply take any one news organizations characterization of the relationships that President Obama has had with any number of the above mentioned individuals. I believe that the clear pattern would lead a reasonable person to conclude that in all likelihood the President of the United States is in fact some form of socialist (perhaps a social democrat is the correct term) even if he is understandably reticent to publicly admit such sympathies.

Mong Hu
10-19-2009, 10:17 PM

This actually makes more sense than the official explanation:laugh

RedRage00
10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Die thread die!!!!!

the_phoenix612
10-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't know about the language the man has chosen or the inflammatory tone of his post (actually I do know it is over the top) but I do not think that describing President Obama as a socialist is outside the realm of reason. Our President has a long history of being associated with figures who flirt with or out right support socialist and even Marxist agenda's.

The most recent example of this is his White House Communications secretary, Anita Dunn, who described Mao Tse Tung along with Mother Theresa as her favorite political philosophers. A lengthy quote of her speech to high school students is included below. You can also find the speech on Youtube.

But this is just the latest in a series of instances which might lead one to question President Obama's political leanings. Wether it be a campaign worker who flies a Cuban flag with a picture of Che Guevara emblazoned on it, a Diversity Czar, Mark Lloyd, who gushes over the revolution of Hugo Chavez, or a former pastor who adheres to and promotes Black Liberation Theology (which has been described by its critics as an odd combination of Marxist class struggle philosophy and Christian Theology) Obama clearly both attracts and is drawn to people who either are socialists or have socialist leanings. You could point to Bill Ayres, who is a self described Marxist and was influential in Marxist organizations such as Students for a Democratic Society or the Weather Underground (who also happened to launch Obama's political career in his Illinois living room), or to Obama's now former Green Jobs Czar, who also characterized himself in the following way

in a 2005 interview and was an influential member of a Marxist-Leninist group known as STORM.

Perhaps you could point to any number of political commentators which range in political ideology from Charles Krauthammer to the New York Times reporter Eric Etheridge who describe the President as a Social Democrat (I find it interesting that Etheridge does not think that this means Obama is a socialist when in fact the very definition of a Social Democrat includes almost every element of socialism but chooses rather to achieve the ends of socialism with out economic revolution or class struggle but rather by democratic means)

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/obama-is-a-social-democrat-not-a-socialist/?apage=2

You could point to the Presidents own biographies, The Audacity of Hope and Dreams of My Father, which describe sometimes close relationships with men such as Frank Marshall Davis, and Marxist College Professors.

These same books further reveal that Obama was drawn to socialist conferences in New York's Cooper Union during his time at Columbia University.

There is a clear pattern here. The man has been drawn to and attracted socialists to him his entire life. What is that old saying, birds of a feather? At some point the pattern just becomes overwhelming don't you think? I do not think that I am being spoon fed here. I have looked into many of these people and their pasts and the organizations of which they were or are a part. I have read The Audacity of Hope and have tried not to simply take any one news organizations characterization of the relationships that President Obama has had with any number of the above mentioned individuals. I believe that the clear pattern would lead a reasonable person to conclude that in all likelihood the President of the United States is in fact some form of socialist (perhaps a social democrat is the correct term) even if he is understandably reticent to publicly admit such sympathies.
White House communications director Anita Dunn fired back at criticism from TV commentator Glenn Beck on Friday, saying that a Mao Tse-tung quote Beck took issue with was picked up from legendary GOP strategist Lee Atwater.

"Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, only broken". Does this sound like an admirable quote to you?

E-Vol-ution
10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Being a man with a secondary education and an educator, you are very familiar with the fact that any study of philosophy and "social" studies involve schools of thought that involve Mao, Nietzsche, Marx, Sarte and a host of others. Critical thinking and quotes picked up from men of thought where some actually acted to uproot dictatorial governments and replaced them with the most logical transitional government is a given.
That in no way makes the speaker or student a follower of those schools of thought.
Anyone with a valid collegiate background from a major university can be associated with someone who fits these categories.........agreed?
Many of us have been part of some think tank where a thought originated by a socialist theory was more valid in some area than one of a capitalist school of thought. The same works in reverse with capitalist thought. Quoting an author.......or repeating a single concept in agreement my friend, does not create a socialist or nazi in being.
Example.......in my earlier years I had a picture of Greenspan on my office wall because of his brilliance in my field. That did not mean I agreed with all of his actions or modeled myself after the man.

Mong Hu
10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
White House communications director Anita Dunn fired back at criticism from TV commentator Glenn Beck on Friday, saying that a Mao Tse-tung quote Beck took issue with was picked up from legendary GOP strategist Lee Atwater.

"Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, only broken". Does this sound like an admirable quote to you?

Phoenix,

I have looked around a bit to find a speech where Atwater has quoted Dunn's beloved chairman but have not found a speech in which Atwater quoted Mao. Are you able to find any such evidence?

I was able to find an example of John McCain quoting Mao Zedong. The quote was clearly made in jest and drew the appropriate reaction from the Senator's audience.

In regards to the quote you referenced, of course I believe that it is admirable to stand in the face of adversity and attempt with all that you are to overcome whatever obstacle lay before you. This type of determination is rare and certainly to be sought after in the human experience.

The quote is admirable but the man to whom the quote is attributed is not. I hope that Anita Dunn does not consider Adolph Hitler to be one of her favorite political philosophers as well. Can you imagine the justifiable uproar if someone in the administration of George W. Bush such as Tony Snow or Ari Fleischer had claimed that Adolph Hitler was one of his favorite political philosophers or had stated that the former leader of Nazi Germany was a source to which they turned most to make a point.

You are missing the point here. The point is not that Miss Dunn quoted chairman Mao but rather that she explicitly claimed that he was someone she frequently referenced and indeed admired (I believe that to claim that something is your favorite is to claim that you hold that something in high regard).

In case you might be thinking that the comparison between Mao and Hitler is not a valid comparison might I remind you that estimates for the number of civilians that were murdered by Hitler during his regime range anywhere from 10-25 million. Estimates for the number of civilians that were killed by the policies of the Maoist Chinese government range from 40 to 60 million. But hey his political philosophies were just great. I can certainly see why the political philosophies which lead to the deaths of 40 to 60 million civilians should be admired and emulated. Oh wait, I am the voice of political dissent right now, this does not bode well for me.

the_phoenix612
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Phoenix,

I have looked around a bit to find a speech where Atwater has quoted Dunn's beloved chairman but have not found a speech in which Atwater quoted Mao. Are you able to find any such evidence?

I was able to find an example of John McCain quoting Mao Zedong. The quote was clearly made in jest and drew the appropriate reaction from the Senator's audience.

In regards to the quote you referenced, of course I believe that it is admirable to stand in the face of adversity and attempt with all that you are to overcome whatever obstacle lay before you. This type of determination is rare and certainly to be sought after in the human experience.

The quote is admirable but the man to whom the quote is attributed is not. I hope that Anita Dunn does not consider Adolph Hitler to be one of her favorite political philosophers as well. Can you imagine the justifiable uproar if someone in the administration of George W. Bush such as Tony Snow or Ari Fleischer had claimed that Adolph Hitler was one of his favorite political philosophers or had stated that the former leader of Nazi Germany was a source to which they turned most to make a point.

You are missing the point here. The point is not that Miss Dunn quoted chairman Mao but rather that she explicitly claimed that he was someone she frequently referenced and indeed admired (I believe that to claim that something is your favorite is to claim that you hold that something in high regard).

In case you might be thinking that the comparison between Mao and Hitler is not a valid comparison might I remind you that estimates for the number of civilians that were murdered by Hitler during his regime range anywhere from 10-25 million. Estimates for the number of civilians that were killed by the policies of the Maoist Chinese government range from 40 to 60 million. But hey his political philosophies were just great. I can certainly see why the political philosophies which lead to the deaths of 40 to 60 million civilians should be admired and emulated. Oh wait, I am the voice of political dissent right now, this does not bode well for me.
she made the comment in irony. The fact that the right-wing can't see that surprises no one.

Firebird
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
she made the comment in irony. The fact that the right-wing can't see that surprises no one.

The juxtaposition of Mother Teresa/Mao Tse-tung should make it clear enough, but I believe I have commented here about the right's serious lack of a sense of humor. If they aren't being bludgeoned over the head with it, they don't get it.

the_phoenix612
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
The juxtaposition of Mother Teresa/Mao Tse-tung should make it clear enough, but I believe I have commented here about the right's serious lack of a sense of humor. If they aren't being bludgeoned over the head with it, they don't get it.
you said bludgeoned! That makes you a violent, dangerous person!

:rolleyes:

ktCarl
10-20-2009, 04:10 PM

How come the high school students she quoted it to didn't laugh or see the irony?(O.K., they are teenagers and were probably twittering friends.) Did she think they were that sophisticated of an audience to understand the 'irony'?
I didn't read her quote but have listened to it several times and it doesn't sound like she's being ironic. Well, I didn't get to see her eyes or face when she said it so maybe she smirked when she said it or her comment about what she said being ironic was just crawfishin'.

ktCarl
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Die thread die!!!!!

:D :notworthy :D

Firebird
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
How come the high school students she quoted it to didn't laugh or see the irony?(O.K., they are teenagers and were probably twittering friends.) Did she think they were that sophisticated of an audience to understand the 'irony'?
I didn't read her quote but have listened to it several times and it doesn't sound like she's being ironic. Well, I didn't get to see her eyes or face when she said it so maybe she smirked when she said it or her comment about what she said being ironic was just crawfishin'.

Irony is lost if you have to tell people it's irony. The Mother Teresa/Mao placement together is more than enough.

chhspantherfan
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Die thread die!!!!!

:D :notworthy :D

never:p

CCCSportsFan
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
never:p

You are on a roll today Panther :notworthy

chhspantherfan
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.thevictoryformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Eagles-Cheer.jpg
You are on a roll today Panther :notworthy

BDB
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
You are on a troll today Panther :notworthy

fify

cchs needs an all-troll label. failowls, take notes.

his level of passive-aggression is off the charts.

CCCSportsFan
03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
http://www.thevictoryformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Eagles-Cheer.jpg

Mercy Panther, whole lot a shakin' going on there :yes:

chhspantherfan
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
fify

cchs needs an all-troll label. failowls, take notes.

his level of passive-aggression is off the charts.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Jack_Daniels_Logo.jpg

chhspantherfan
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Mercy Panther, whole lot a shakin' going on there :yes:

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6LOIyYCs_yOQM3F5saAyVRb3EFR_kR YrOUd01ht0LwYPTrJjV