PDA

View Full Version : Clear Creek Wildcats

rsmantx
10-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome Wildcat fans. Lets make some noise here.

Gator4ever
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Hello,

Sorry to barge in as a "Gator" fan but I want to wish you guys a great season and healthy one. Good luck Thursday and if you guys win I'll be back to congratulate you.

Gator4ever
10-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Hello,

Congratulations on the win against Dickinson tonight. You guys hung in and won a well deserved victory. Good luck the rest of the season and hope you do well in the playoffs.

Gator4ever

rsmantx
10-28-2009, 06:10 AM
It was a very good game. I have to admt, Creek got a couple of lucky breaks.

Gator4ever
11-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Sorry about you guys missing the playoffs. You had a good run but at least you had a shot till the end. Hope you guys hang in and come back strong next year.

Your Friend,

Gat4

rsmantx
05-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Creek finished their spring ball friday. They had a good spring. Defense seems to be comming around. Needs to improve over last year if they want to make some noise in the district. Offense looks good. The Wildcats got through with a few relatively small injuries to some players. Creek will be very athletic, next year, not a lot of big size, very small in numbers. This team believes they can win and will have a lot of heart, energy and drive to get the win.

rsmantx
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Creek played a very good game tonight. Creek defeated Kingwood 31-0. Antother great game for C.J. McElroy. 2 TD, Dion Lewis had very nice TD run and QB Chris 'Boo' Collins had a TD run. Tanner Graeber add a nice FG. Creek Defense looked good. The guys were really flying around, lot of gang tackling. Next week take on Deer Park. Should be a good test for creek.

ClearSpringsFan
09-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't it be sweet if Creek and Springs were both undefeated when they meet for the battle of 518 later this season? That game would pretty much trump all other 2010 Galveston County rivalries!

Have a great year, Creek! Lets make it a League City year in 24-5a!

rsmantx
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Would be nice if both were undefeated. As much as I am a Creek fan, I feel Creek will not make it to the Springs game undefeated. I hope they do, and think they have the capability to do so, I just think they may have a let down somewhere along the line. Should be a good game for the Battle of 518

ClearSpringsFan
09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I have a feeling that Springs also will take a loss or two along the way, but it doesn't hurt to have a little wishful thinking. :)

Wildcatter
09-11-2010, 12:08 AM
WoW what a game . Lookin good

ClearSpringsFan
09-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Ya'll been eating your Wheaties! Good job Creek! :D

rsmantx
09-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks CS, Creek is playing very good right now. Defense is really playing well, lots of gang tackling and the offense with C'J. is very explosive. If the kids can keep up the intensity should be a good year.
Good luck to Clear Springs tonight.

Wildcatter
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
C'mon guy's. Wake up. Let's start talkin some football.

rsmantx
09-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Creek defeated Deer Park 40-7. Creek looked very good Friday night. Score could have been higher, they had a couple long runs and 1 TD called back by penalties. Creeks defense has been very good this year. They are being aggressive, attacking the line of scrimmage and gang tackling. Offensively, CJ McElroy has been outstanding. RB Colby Davis has done a great job of running the ball. ReceiversGives Creek a very nice 1 - 2 punch. Receivers Tevin Jones and Dion Lewis give QB Chris 'Boo' Collins two very nice targets to throw to. Overall Creek is playing well and with a lot of intensity. Just hope they can keep it up all year with not let downs.

Wildcatter
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
It's a little more than a week till our first district game. I have had the opportunity to watch all three of Dickinsons games this year. I think we are the better team and shouldn't have any problem coming away with a W. Their running back #24 is by far their biggest threat. He is cat quick but is small and has a tendency to fumble but he can be very dangerous. One of their wideouts #7 is pretty good. He has great leaping ability and had over 100 yards in receptions in the first game. Texas City double covered him when they played and he was limited to 2 catches as did Dobie and he had only 1 catch (I'm sure our coaches know this). QB is kinda big and has a strong arm but he is slow. He has made alot of bad decisions and has thown 6 int's. the first 2 games and it could have been 8 (Deer Park dropped 2). They only had 9 pass attempts last game. It seems like they're trying to go more to a ground game. The Galveston paper said the defense could possibly be the best in the last 10 years but I say definitely not. I lived in Dickinson for 5 years and moved to L.C. last year. I went to their games during those 5 years and still know of most of the kids . Last years defense had way more talent and was a better defense and we scored 45 pts. on them. I'm still a gator fan and wish them well (except when they play us). I think we will do well but you never know. We need to start off with a good victory and set the tone for district play.

rsmantx
09-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Creek is off this week. time to rest and recoup from a good pre-district start. Looking forward to playing Dickinson. Always a good tough game. As long as Creek stays focused and play good ball management, should be a good game. My son and I know several of the Dickinson players and always look forward to playing them.
Would like to go see the Pearland v Springs game. Should be a good game. Winner takes upper hand to the District lead.

ClearSpringsFan
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Would like to go see the Pearland v Springs game. Should be a good game. Winner takes upper hand to the District lead.

As long as Creek keeps playing the way they are, I would give them the district lead. It sounds like they have the most balanced offense and defense.

I expect that the teams would bed to differ, but I think that Springs and Pearland are going to be playing for second place next week based on neither team being as well balanced. If Creek remains unbeaten, the Pearland/Creek and Springs/Creek games could be for undisputed first place later this season. I'm not sure where Brazoswood is going to fit in to the puzzle, but time will tell. What I do know is that 24-5A is finally gaining respect. :heli:

mossad
09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
those 1st 2 games were flukes for us but were comingback strong! Creek and spring i think we will be clawing for this district title, spring creek bood and pearland.......................................... .......*coughingdickinson* will be trying to get the crown! lol!!! Creek amazes me with the plays they have that gets mcelroy the ball!!!! That offensive coordinator is very good, they double and triple team and he still gets the ball and makes plays!! Yall defense came out of no where too, i thought you guys lost a lot. Spring yall have the most school spirit out of all teams in this district, the team plays as a unit and feeds off themselves and the crowd, one thing for sure about a spring game, someone is going to get hit, but be aware of Dickinson, because right when youre taking a drinkfrom the water hole, theres a gator lurking in the depths, might be a small, unorganized confused one but its lurking LOL!!! GATA!!

no mo cheese
09-21-2010, 07:00 AM
seriously, mossad? dickinson challenging for the district crown????? NOT A CHANCE. i'd be shocked if they make the playoffs, but if they win district, i'll kiss a live gator in the middle of sam vitanza field!!!!!!

rsmantx
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Creek OC has done a good job of getting McElroy the ball. One thing that has helped is the way the rest of the offense has stepped up, taking some pressure off C.J. and forcing Defenses to react to them, this helps to free up C.J. QB. Collins is having a good year, not putting up the big numbers Creek QB's usually have but he hasn't had to throw as much. Receiver Tevin Jones is having a nice year and RB Colby Davis has been running very well. The defense has really stepped up their play from last year. A lot of these guys were young last year but got lots of playing time. This has seemed to help them this year. Hopefully Creek can keep up the intensity. Looking forward to a fun and exciting district season. Good luck to all the 24-5A teams.

Wildcatter
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
We SHOULD do well this week against Dickinson if we play like we are capable of. I think the key to the game will be our defense. They have a little more speed than we've seen at the runningback position but if we can adjust to that we should be o.k. It seems they have steered away from the passing game their last game (9 attempts) due to too many picks in the first two games. They have given up 170 and 150 yards passing the last two games to teams that are run oriented, so we should be able to pass if we need to. After reading their thread for some time now it sounds like there continues to be alot of confusion and turmoil in their program. Lets get off to a good start.

Gator4ever
09-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Hello Feller's,

last year you guys won and you scored 44 points not 45..lol

This will define the coaching future for Dickinson so it's basically a no loss situation for us.

What I really think is gonna happen is that the Dickinson team will play a completely different game from the last three and in a positive mode. This will in no way be business as usual for either team as the game will be very interesting.

I honestly wish you guys good luck and good fortunes all season but I'm not so sure what's actually gonna happen in regards to who wins this game and for that reason I'm seeing good things for both teams.

Wildcatter
09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Let's go cats

Gator4ever
09-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Wildcatter,

Hang in and make the playoffs. You guys are in it like we are as it's way too early to hand out playoff slips. Don't give up on them Wildcats as they are a great team regardless of what happened tonight.

rsmantx
09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Hello Feller's,

last year you guys won and you scored 44 points not 45..lol

What I really think is gonna happen is that the Dickinson team will play a completely different game from the last three and in a positive mode. This will in no way be business as usual for either team as the game will be very interesting.

I honestly wish you guys good luck and good fortunes all season but I'm not so sure what's actually gonna happen in regards to who wins this game and for that reason I'm seeing good things for both teams.

Not a very good game for Wildcat fans tonight. Gators really took it to us, We came out flat, not ready to play and the Gators definitely were ready to play. Not the Gator team from pre district play and not the Creek Pre-district team. need to forget this one, put it behind us and concentrate on the upcomming game next week. Congrats to Dickinson, great game. Go Wildcats....

Gator4ever
09-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I agree,

hang in Wildcats.

Last year BWOOD flopped about 6 turnovers to Springs but they moved on from it and the Gators have had trouble too. You guys have a great group of players and it's wayyyy too early for anything to hurt you at this point.

GATA93
09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Good luck the rest of the way Creek still to early to panic, I think u guys will make a run

rsmantx
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Creek looked pretty good against Brook (Won 38-23)on Friday night. Defense had a little trouble at first with the Brook run game but they settled down and stopped them. Creeks run offense has been very good. The O-line has been doing a great job of opening holes for CJ McElroy and Colby Davis. As a result Creek has not had to pass as much as they did in the past. Creek has a tough game Thursday night against Brazoswood. They have a good run game. The defense has to bring its A game for this one. I believe this is the televised game on Comcast Sports (Ch129)

ClearSpringsFan
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Have a great game against Brazoswood! I'm really hoping that Creek and Springs get post season play! Cheesy nachos taste better in December!

Gator4ever
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Good luck Thursday and all games after that. Gonna really need a good game but you guys have the tools to win.

mossad
10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
congrats creek on your 41 to 21 win! Yall are right back on stride with a huge win that sends a message to 24-5A!

rsmantx
10-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Creek stepped up Thursday night in defeating B-WOOD. Looked at first like a typical High scoring Creek - BWOOD game. Both teams scored on their first two possesions. Then The Creek Defense made a stop and the offense took over. Colby Davis and CJ McElroy both had a beast of a game. Defense settled down and stopped BWOOD run game. Creek took a big step in the district and playoff race. Need to keep up the intensity. Creek goes to Pearland this week. Need to bring their A+ game to stop their offense. Should be a good one.

ClearSpringsFan
10-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Next stop, the Rig! Good luck in Pearland! I hope that Creek is able to finish the race where Dickinson and Springs have come up short! :heli:

rsmantx
10-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Creek lost a tough one at Pearland. 35-28. Creek had its chances, but too many mistakes and not excecuting when needed did them. Overall, Creek held their own with a much bigger (size and numbers) teams. Time to regroup get ready for Alvin. Don't have a melt down like last year and finish strong. Creek still controls its own destiny in the playoff race.

1moreX
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I hope Creek beats Lake and makes the playoffs. I picking the Wildcats by 14.

rsmantx
11-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Bad game for Creek Friday night. One to forget. Need to concentate on Friday. Beat Lake. Win and were in.
Thanks, 1moreX. Good luck to ya'll in the playoffs

ClearSpringsFan
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Creek is a much better team than showed up last Friday. I honestly expected a close game, and was very surprised by the final score.

I hope that the Wildcats finds their mojo in time to beat LAKE! We need both LC teams in the playoffs!

1moreX
11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Creek is a much better team than showed up last Friday. I honestly expected a close game, and was very surprised by the final score.

I hope that the Wildcats finds their mojo in time to beat LAKE! We need both LC teams in the playoffs!

I agree. It would be good if Brook and Creek would have big wins this weekend and make a playoff run. I also just don't like Lake because the head coach is a total D-bag. For the sake of Lake I wish he would find a job elsewhere.:cool:

rsmantx
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
CREEK Defeats Lake and gets into the playoffs. Great weekend, great game.

rsmantx
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Its Playoff time now. Looks like Creek will take on FB Travis Saturday 7:00pm @ Pasadena Memorial. GO WILDCATS

Gator4ever
11-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Good luck!!!!!

Wildcatter
11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Good Luck to all 24-5A teams. Lets go Wildcats. Can't wait till tommorrows game

ClearSpringsFan
11-12-2010, 11:40 PM
OK Creek! The spotlight is on you, and the ball is on your side of town! Win big tomorrow for LC! :heli:

Ya'll is our rival and stuff, but city pride comes next after school pride.

rsmantx
11-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Creek 37 - FB Travis 34. Great game for the Wildcats. A little closer than we would have liked. Had a bit of a let down at start of second half to let Travis back into the game. But defense and Offense stepped it and came away with a hard fought WIN.
Next up is LaPorte bulldogs. Saturday @ Galena park ISD Stadium

rsmantx
02-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats to C.J. McElroy and Clay Crume who signed letters of intent to play college ball. C.J. McElroy signed with U. of Houston.
Clay Crume signed with Rhode Island University.

Wildcatter
05-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Does Creek Have a spring game? When?

rsmantx
05-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Creek did not have a spring game this year. Numbers are small and Coach W. did not want any injuries. They finished Spring ball on Friday with a short controlled practice with some scrimmage type situations.

rsmantx
06-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats to C.J.McElroy, he was drafted in the 3rd round of the Major League baseball Draft by the St. Louis Cardinals. Also congrats to his team mate Chris Morales, he was drafted in the 35th round by the Houston Astros. Don't know if CJ will see the U f H campus. he has a big decision to make. Congrats to both.

rsmantx
08-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Creek opened the season on a winning note defeating Pasadena Memorial 30-13. Offense looked ok. OL is still a work in progress, Defense played very well. Casuing several fumbles adn getting two interceptions. Good start to teh season. Next up Deer Park, should be a big test.

Gator4ever
08-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Congratulations on winning the season opener. If you guys drop Deer Park then you guys are a clear favorite in the district. Hope the best for you guys and will be watching out for you guys.

gstope
08-31-2011, 07:11 PM
I believe Kingwood is next for the Wildcats. I know Kingwood runs the flexbone and sometimes the wishbone this year. What kind of offense does Clear Creek run. If I remember correctly, last year McElroy ran all over Kingwoods defense.

Hopefully Kingwood will have a better showing this year.

rsmantx
09-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Kingwood defeated Creek 35-14. Creek defense played well inspite of what the score indicates. Creek commited 5 turnovers (I believe) forcing the defense to play in bad field position. 1 fumble returned for a touchdown which tookthe wind out of a comeback ( Score was 28-14) and Creek was driving for a score. Kingwood has a very good team. Well coached, very disciplined. Kingwoods DE was in Creeks backfield all night, harrassing and sacking QB Austin Smith several times. OL needs to step it up a notch. However, if Creek eliminates the turn overs, out come of the game could have been different.
Next up for Creek is Deer Park, If the defense keeps playing like they have been and the offense steps up there game, Creek should be in good shape

Gator4ever
09-22-2011, 05:05 PM
You feller's got your hands full on Friday with them Gators but who knows it may be a close game on the scoreboard.

Good Luck

ClearSpringsFan
09-23-2011, 09:22 AM
I hope that you all have a good game tonight!

mossad
09-24-2011, 12:00 AM
GOOD JOB WILDCATS!!!!!!!! Coach Warden can we borrow your 7th grade B's playbook please????????

rsmantx
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Good Job Wildcats. Getting a come from behind win 23-22 over the Gators of Dickinson. Defense held strong after a bit of a struggle. Just need to play the whole game like we played the 2nd half. Great JOB.

rsmantx
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Creek played a very good game Friday in defeating Clear Brook 28-7. In th efirst half Creek offense played great. They were very motivated. They executed their offense they way it should be. Very crisp, line blocked well, backs ran hard. Great Job. Second half they started a bit slow and got sloppy. Defense did an excellent job stopping the Brook offense. Brooks fullback is a bruiser. He runs hard and is tough to bring down. I am guessing Brooks Head Coach maybe a bit more careful about what he says about another teams offense. I think that helped to motivate the Wildcats to come out and play like they did in the first half.
Great job, now onto B'Wood Thursday night. Need a big win there.