PDA

View Full Version : Hereford???

ExCOOG88
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Anybody know anything about the Whitefaces? I believe they are undefeated. Cooper has to go there this week.

hunterbunter
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Holy crap their mascot is the Whitefaces?? I wouldn't wanna be playing them!

Pinion
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Whitefaces? rofl.
That's really funny, on several levels. I know why they did that (if that is indeed what they did), but it's still seriously funny.

If they're undefeated, I can understand why too. Prolly for the same reason that New Braunfels doesnt just have a pushover team (most of the time).

Mysteryman
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Whiteface is a breed of cow, correct?

yallerjacket2
10-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Something like that. The white faced Hereford?

hunterbunter
10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
"And heeeeerrre come the Hereford Whitefaces!!!"

ExCOOG88
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, if you had ever been to Hereford you know why they are the Whitefaces. Town is home of some of the biggest feed lots in Texas. You can smell Hereford for miles away when the wind is right.

SLC
10-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Anybody know anything about the Whitefaces? I believe they are undefeated. Cooper has to go there this week.

They are a very good team, though I dont see them beating Cooper, Frenship or Big Spring.

hunterbunter
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, if you had ever been to Hereford you know why they are the Whitefaces. Town is home of some of the biggest feed lots in Texas. You can smell Hereford for miles away when the wind is right.

I've been there when I was a kid, my father's family lived there for many years when he was a teen. And yes, there can be a smell, and everything is dusty.

Mysteryman
10-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Is it true about the flouride in the water and everyone there having good teeth?

ExCOOG88
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
They are a very good team, though I dont see them beating Cooper, Frenship or Big Spring.

They have always been decent, even when I was coaching against them when I was in Amarillo. Just wondering if anyone here had seen them play or had their team play them. I don't see them beating Cooper either.

SLC
10-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I've been there when I was a kid, my father's family lived there for many years when he was a teen. And yes, there can be a smell, and everything is dusty.

You just described 99% of West Texas.

F18mustang
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
You just described 99% of West Texas.

"Its another world all together
In the middle of God's country
Smells like money, smells like ****, yea it smells like hell
But when the cattle's all together
And the pump-jacks all are movin'
And the cotton's all in bloom
And it smells like nothin' else"

-Jack Ingram

SLC
10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
"Its another world all together
In the middle of God's country
Smells like money, smells like ****, yea it smells like hell
But when the cattle's all together
And the pump-jacks all are movin'
And the cotton's all in bloom
And it smells like nothin' else"

-Jack Ingram

:D:notworthy

cougardude
10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I know Hereford is undefeated but I don't think they have played any teams near the quality of teams that Cooper has played. Hopefully the Coogs will get the road win to open their district run

GO COOGS!! WHITEWASH THE WHITEFACES!!;)

SLC
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
I know Hereford is undefeated but I don't think they have played any teams near the quality of teams that Cooper has played. Hopefully the Coogs will get the road win to open their district run

GO COOGS!! WHITEWASH THE WHITEFACES!!;)

They made an apprearance in the "others receiving votes" this week of the AP Top 10. They are getting a little state love!:)

Ketchup82
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Im from Hereford and this team may have not played the best teams in the state but they are pretty good. The Juniors on the team have been great since their junior High days...Going Undeafted in their 7th and 8th grade year.In high school going Undeafted their 9th grade year and then last year on Jv only lost 2 games.To Canyon and Randall.....They Beat Abilene Cooper and they should for the majority be playing the same players from last year that are now on varsity In abilene...So look for this team to play very well against Abilene Cooper this Week!!!

Coug78
10-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Well Cooper beats Hereford 20-14.

I think Cooper had appx. 17 penalties and Hereford had just 4. :eek:

Good job Coogs!

Up next San Angelo Lakeview.

eaglefan87
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Congrats Coogs! Way to start district play. Big Spring beat Frenship. They also lost to Abilene Wylie earlier. Maybe a new district champ this year.

cougardude
10-11-2009, 10:24 AM
We get Big Spring at Shotwell on October 23. That could be a game for the district title. It would be awesome to see Cooper win a district title in football again!

GO COOGS!!!

eaglefan87
10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=cougardude;1333325]We get Big Spring at Shotwell on October 23. That could be a game for the district title. It would be awesome to see Cooper win a district title in football again!

That will be a huge game...don't forget y'all still have to go to Frenship the following week! Here's rooting for the Coogs to roll thru 4-4A undefeated on their way to a district crown!
If AHS and Wylie can do the same it would be an Abilene District Championship Tri-fecta!!!!

Pinion
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereford_(cattle)

The breed is Hereford. Generally you have variations of red (orange) and black herefords. They have white faces though.
They make a pretty good cow (as that kind of thing goes). For the most part the polled (hornless) varieties seem to be a little more docile. But that could just be my own personal experiences.
At one time, they were the Angus. Meaning, that Hereford beef was "all the rage".
We've had great success putting an Angus bull on Hereford cows. Makes for a great calf. And they sell pretty well in East Texas.

the only downside is that they're prone to eye infections a little more so than other breeds of cows.

And there it is. Pinion's cow class for the day.

ExCOOG88
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Well Cooper beats Hereford 20-14.

I think Cooper had appx. 17 penalties and Hereford had just 4. :eek:

Good job Coogs!

Up next San Angelo Lakeview.

17 penalties HOLY S:Censor:T figures we had to go up there and deal with a little home cooking i would imagine.

clemensbuff
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM

Hereford is the breed of the cattle. They are red w/ white faces.........hence the mascot name!

69matador
10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Yep, it's a breed of cattle and I don't know about Hereford's football team except that Seguin's current Offensive Coordinator Mitch Ables came to Seguin from Hereford and I was behind a pickup truck this morning that had a Hereford Whitefaces sticker on the back window.

ExCOOG88
10-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Doesn't matter anymore Cooper beat them.:cool:

Pinion
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Hereford is the breed of the cattle. They are red w/ white faces.........hence the mascot name!

There are also black herefords. same white faces though. And the cows sell a little better than the red ones do. or they do in East Texas anyway.

Also, they have "polled" (no horns) of each type. And then there are some hereford hybrids that are said to be up and coming.

Since the game has already been played, we can just use this thread to talk about cows now. :D:eek::D

ExCOOG88
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
there are also black herefords. Same white faces though. And the cows sell a little better than the red ones do. Or they do in east texas anyway.

Also, they have "polled" (no horns) of each type. And then there are some hereford hybrids that are said to be up and coming.

since the game has already been played, we can just use this thread to talk about cows now. :d:eek::d

lol

Pinion
10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Hereford cattle are a widely used breed in temperate areas, mainly for beef production.

Originally from Herefordshire, England [1][2], they are found in the temperate parts of Australia as well as in the centre and east of Argentina, in Uruguay, and New Zealand, where they make up the largest percentage of registered cows.[3] They have also found great popularity among ranchers of the American Southwest, testament to the hardiness of the breed; while originating in cool, moist Britain, they have proven to thrive in much harsher climates on nearly every continent.
http://www.deanajakfarms.com/Hereford_Cattle_Herd/N1_Hereford_Cow.gif

Black Hereford is an informal term used in the British Isles for a hybrid type of beef cattle produced by crossing a Hereford beef bull with Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. Black Herefords are not usually maintained from generation to generation, but are constantly produced as a byproduct of dairy farming. They are one of the commonest types of beef cattle in the British Isles, often outnumbering pure beef breeds.

http://www.jnranch.net/images/J&N_HerdBulls_04.jpg

Breeds coming in both black and red are quite common with cows. The Limousin breed has the same sort of thing with it.

http://www.richardbealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Limousin.jpg