PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for October

tayb
10-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Playoff matchups are getting set in the MLB.

In the AL the only race left unsettled is the AL Central where the Tigers are two games away from clinching. Minnesota has to win their remaining three games and hope the Tigers lose two of their next three to finish the season tied in which case Minnesota would move on due to their head-to-head season victory over Detroit. As a Yankee fan I would much rather see a Morneau-less Twins team than Verlander and Jackson. Whoever wins that division plays against the Yankees.

In the NL the playoff teams are set (Dodgers, Phillies, Cardinals, and Rockies) but the actual match-ups are going to come down to the wire. All four NL playoff teams are within two games of each other with three left to go so the match-ups could change substantially between now and Sunday. The Dodgers and Rockies play a three game series starting today which will go a long way to determining who is the Wild Card and who gets home field advantage.

AL:

Detroit at Yankees (92% probability) or Minnesota at Yankees (8% probability)

Red Sox at Angels

NL: (As it stands right now)

Cardinals at Dodgers

Rockies at Phillies

Looks like some real good match-ups and some good games. Cardinals at Dodgers, Red Sox at Angels, and Minnesota/Detroit at the Yankees are all games that I would want to watch. I hope they space these games out so I can catch a lot of them.

BTW. Go Yankees.

yankee
10-02-2009, 04:30 PM
over/under on how many times we hear "empire state of mind" when the yankees are on tv?

tayb
10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
AL:
Yankees 1
Twins 0

Red Sox 0
Angels 0 (Currently up 3-0 top 7th)

NL:
Rockies 1
Phillies 1

Dodgers 2
Cardinals 0

tayb
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I did not see the Cardinals/Dodgers series going this way. I figured that Cardinals would be 2-0 right now but after last night I would be surprised if they weren't swept.

svhorns
10-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Yankees will blow it.

okt0ber
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm right here. Hunt over.

tayb
10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
hahaha. I laughed.

Yankees might not win the world series but there is no way way they blow it against the Twins.

SLC
10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Yankees will blow it.

This. I hate the evil empire.

CCDawgs
10-09-2009, 12:54 AM
NL
Phillies/Rockies
Dodgers/Cards

Phillies/Dodgers

AL
Yankees/Twins
Angels/Red Sox

Angels/Yankees

World Series

Angels/Phillies

tayb
10-10-2009, 01:05 AM
No stopping the Yankees. With Arod and Tex hitting in the clutch no one is going to beat this team. Two run bomb in the bottom of the ninth by Arod to tie it up and a walk off solo shot by Tex in the 11th to win it. Yankees go up 2-0 meanwhile the Red Sox go down 0-2 to the Angels.

AL:
Yankees 2
Twins 0

Angels 2
Red Sox 0

NL:
Dodgers 2
Cardinals 1

Phillies 1
Rockies 1

Yankees going up against Pavano of all people on Sunday... sure would like to demolish his ***. Hope the Sox can extend the series a couple of more games to tire out whoever wins it.

yankee
10-10-2009, 02:26 AM
yanks!!!!! :notworthy

teixneira!!!! :notworthy

tayb
10-10-2009, 10:04 AM
yanks!!!!! :notworthy

teixneira!!!! :notworthy

I wholeheartedly believe that if Tex hadn't hit that bomb Arod would have. Guy is ******* ON FIRE.

And what the hell happened to the Sox offense? Only mustered 1 run so far through two games and Lackey/Weaver aren't exactly "ace" pitchers. Great to see them lose but I'd rather that series go five and get a lot of bullpen use.