PDA

View Full Version : Westlake vs Pflugerville

ATXChap07
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Who wins? Did the Bastrop game show some Pflugerville weaknesses/strengths? Please comment

Favpack
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I realize you're just asking questions, but the Admins are serious about posting injuries.

Read:

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=26967

ATXChap07
09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I realize you're just asking questions, but the Admins are serious about posting injuries.

Read:

fixed it, but people are aware of the injurues to the players I mentioned, it wasnt a surprise

ThePoint
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
P-ville needs to really change something - they lost to RR and Bastrop in consecutive weeks - not the p-ville we've come to expect.
I would love to see them win over W-lake - but not going to happen.

mcneilmav
09-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I think Pville will be okay. Maybe Bastrop is just THAT good. Lot's of growth in that direction. I'll go with Pflugerville in this one.

bowiedawgs01
09-28-2009, 08:41 PM

Read:

The Woods injury has already been mentioned in the Austin American Statesman.

odessapermian.com
09-28-2009, 08:42 PM

I could have sworn I read about the other player in the Westlake Picayune.

bowiedawgs01
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I could have sworn I read about the other player in the Westlake Picayune.

You did.

http://westlakepicayune.com/2009/09/25/defense-dominates-in-district-opener/

ATXChap07
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM

You did.

http://westlakepicayune.com/2009/09/25/defense-dominates-in-district-opener/

Thanks for backing me, didnt want to get thrown under the bus

caesarscott
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
internet roads are slow to East Texas, apparently.

as for the game, who knows. worst half of football i've ever seen from Pflugerville. nobody ever put up a score like that since i've been watching.

bowiedawgs01
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm guessing Pville comes out and plays like they did in the 2nd half against Bastrop. They still have Dean and 2 capable running backs. Should be an exciting game.

WestlakeTech
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I think Pflugerville will hold their own, but Westlake will pull away with the win.

mcneilmav
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I think Pflugerville will hold their own, but Westlake will pull away with the win.

Homer.:D

WestlakeTech
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Homer.:D

:rolleyes: well duh.

I'm true to my school. Always loyal to the Chaps. :) You'll pretty much never see me pick against Westlake. Oh sure, I'll sometimes admit that the odds of us winning aren't likely, but I'll always pick Westlake to win, by however few points. Speaking of, I expect this game to be relatively low-scoring. We haven't scored higher than the 20's yet, and I expect that to continue, but I still see us winning. We've managed to surprise a couple teams thus far...

LHSnumber2
09-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I see this being a defensive slugfest. Their district looks like they play pretty good defense. Also, neither Westlake or Pflugerville, have put up big numbers. It's either that or one of the two get blown away.

P-Ville 15
W-Lake 10

chop44
09-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Like last year, I expect this to be a close game. Pville has had Westlake's number the last 5-6 years. Trust me, it won't be a pleasant week in practice for the Pville kids and I suspect they will be ready to play on Friday. However, I am always impressed with WL as they play hard every down irrespective of the score. Pville went into the Bastrop game feeling like they could score some points and ultimately did (26). Soundslike they ran into a buzzsaw in the first half and didn't have the leadership to stop the saw until it was too late. The way WL beat Bowie surprised me. So...I suspect Pville isn't as bad as last week and WL may have played their best game thus far. Again, I expect it to be close but Pville should prevail at home.

Pinion
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Ima say Westlake rolls and wins by more than 17.

The 'Ville just ain't getting it done this season.

aftermath
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Should be close game, everybody is having a hard time giving Bastrop credit so it seems like it would be an easy pick. This district is tough this year, WL,Bastrop, Bowie, Austin High, Pflugerville,all contenders,even Anderson and Akins are sporting big starts, and Connally is full of athletes. It should be interesting, outside of Stony Point, i think this district may be as strong or stronger overall than the north Austin , 5A crowd this year

WestlakeTech
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I see defense being the key factor. It'll come down to who can force the 3-and-outs, and who can't... and don't be surprised if turnovers play a big role in this game too.

mcneilmav
09-30-2009, 12:26 AM
:rolleyes: well duh.

I'm true to my school. Always loyal to the Chaps. :) You'll pretty much never see me pick against Westlake. Oh sure, I'll sometimes admit that the odds of us winning aren't likely, but I'll always pick Westlake to win, by however few points. Speaking of, I expect this game to be relatively low-scoring. We haven't scored higher than the 20's yet, and I expect that to continue, but I still see us winning. We've managed to surprise a couple teams thus far...

Preaching to the choir, bro. :o

The Cleaner
09-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Pville looked like a JV team against RR 2 weeks ago.It was actually very painfull to watch.Pville get ready for next season, Westlake rolls in this one.

maroonmafia
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Westlake guys, I know you put a whipping on Bowie. But did you hear anything on why Bowie's other quarterback didn't play??

ATXChap07
09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey Westlake guys, I know you put a whipping on Bowie. But did you hear anything on why Bowie's other quarterback didn't play??

That would make sense, cuz no offense, but the qb they had in there didn't do anything all night. Maybe flu? Cuz the Bowie team played slow

WestlakeTech
10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Illness would be a good guess. You might try asking Dawg, but if he doesn't know, I'm not sure who (on these boards anyway) would....

bowiedawgs01
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I have no idea. He came in for the last series and warmed up on the sidelines all game, so I don't know if he was sick or not. The flu did go around Bowie during the off week. I don't understand him not getting in. They seemed to have been going with him in 2nd halves for the most part lately. I was wanting to see what he would do against Westlake. Oh well...

ATXChap07
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I cannot attend the Westlake-Pflugerville game. Will someone that is attending please updated me pre cell. PM me thanks

WestlakeTech
10-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I gotta check in on the radio broadcast every now and then.

1300 AM in case anybody's interested.

PD24675
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Pflugerville seems to have Westlake's # the past few years, so this will be a tough game for them. But if the Westlake D can keep up their performance, I think they can win. They are still smarting from the late-game reverse that beat them last year at home.

twolf5
10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Westlake wins hands down, by two TD's at least. I saw their game against Round Rock last week. Great athletes, rediculous athletes, but Westlake will outcoach and outplay them.

PD24675
10-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Westlake wins hands down, by two TD's at least. I saw their game against Round Rock last week. Great athletes, rediculous athletes, but Westlake will outcoach and outplay them.

:notworthy You called it... Westlake up 30-13 with 3 minutes left.

caesarscott
10-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Westlake wins hands down, by two TD's at least. I saw their game against Round Rock last week. Great athletes, rediculous athletes, but Westlake will outcoach and outplay them.fail

chap fan
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey Pflugerville--

I can't lie that I'm glad about finally beating one of the few teams that has an edge on us in head to head competition. Still, with your top two running backs out (understanding we were also missing two of our top defensive backs tonight), I wish we could have both been at full strength.

My brother's family lived in Pflugerville while his kids were growing up, and all three graduated from PHS, so I'm far from a PHS hater. However, constructive criticism--now that we're in the same district--on two points. One is that Kuempel Field desperately needs an expansion and upgrade. I was a little surprised that your stands weren't fuller (this board usually chastises Westlake for that!), but the size of your stadium really needs to be expanded and concessions/restrooms upgraded. Are there facilities for the disabled? I'm no longer in a wheel chair, but I didn't see anyway to the visitors' stands that didn't involve several flights of stairs (and I swore after three ankle surgeries to notice the plight of wheel chair bound folks even after I was able to shed mine). And your PA announcer--please! I'm a passionate fan, but in the big leagues, they try not to act quite so like a homer! This guy might have been swell years ago when you were smaller, but you've been in the big time long enough to find a more professional guy.

Okay. . . I hope that you're able to get it together and make the playoffs. I know the terrific teams you've had in recent years, and you deserve better than this! So--go Panthers! We'll hope you get in the playoffs and represent our district well.

P.S. One last thing--the bird doo that permeated the visitors' stands could be reduced if seed wasn't put out for the birds to eat. Yes--even Westlake folks understand what finding seeds next to all the poop means. We have lots of wildlife in Westlake and we're very familiar with issues of "varmint" control!

ATXChap07
10-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Storyline of the night Westlake 3 turnovers(1 on opening kickoff, 1 in redzone, and another one inside the Pflugerville 35), but Plugerville only managed to get 3 points off of 3 turnovers. Westlake D came to play.

WestlakeTech
10-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Also the first game (out of the 5 we've played) that Westlake scored 30 points.

Well way to go Chaps! Sorry I wasn't there, but I'm sure it was highly enjoyable. And though neither team was perfectly healthy, I'm glad we could get in a win against Pflugerville for the first time in my memory.

CenTexFan
10-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I am becoming more and more impressed with Westlake's defense. I also like that they went no huddle at times. However, they really need to cut down on the turnovers or the playoff run will be short (IMO)

WestlakeTech
10-03-2009, 12:09 PM
fom what I have seen, most of Price's interceptions are the result of him just being to hasty or trying to hard to avoid the sack... or both. He needs to keep his cool.