PDA

View Full Version : Top District in the Metroplex (4a/5a)

CoppellCowboy57
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I just want to compare to hsgametime.com (i'm posting a double thread one in the "Best of the Rest board)

6-5A--34.80%--380 votes
11-5A--17.22%--188 votes
5-4A--13.00%--142 votes
10-4A--19.60%--214 votes
Other--15.38%--168 votes

tjw
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Why none of the districts look that evenly tough?
Seem like every district has 1 or 2 good teams and the rest are so so???

Out of the top 25 here is the break down for DFW teams:

23 Arlington 4-1 4-5A
19 Arlington Bowie 4-1 4-5A

11 Euless Trinity 2-2 5-5A

10 Southlake Carroll 4-1 6-5A
13 Coppell 5-0 6-5A

2 Cedar Hill 4-0 7-5A

3 Allen 4-1 8-5A

5 Dallas Skyline 4-0 9-5A
16 Richardson Berkner 3-1 9-5A

4 DeSoto 4-1 11-5A
9 Tyler John Tyler 5-0 11-5A
17 Mesquite Horn 4-0 11-5A

So does that make 11-5A the toughest?

KT2000
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
11-5A and it aint close, although it's a hybrid district with the Tylers.

CoppellCowboy57
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Apprently the posters on the board seem to think diffrently so far....:)

SLC
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
11-5A and it aint close, although it's a hybrid district with the Tylers.

Agreed. I stated as much early on, in another thread and warned for us 65'rs to hold the best talk until we started to play the good teams and the results aren't to good so far.

SLC
09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Apprently the posters on the board seem to think diffrently so far....:)

Apparently the posters on this board aren't doing some research to see the facts.:)

The Observer
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Agreed. I stated as much early on, in another thread and warned for us 65'rs to hold the best talk until we started to play the good teams and the results aren't to good so far.

I'm not sure about which one is better at the top, but 6-5A has 5 teams that would easily be playoff teams in any other district, 11-5A included (Hebron this year is the wild card for that statement, though). That makes it tough because you can never have an off night. They are both buzzsaws though.

SLC
09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure about which one is better at the top, but 6-5A has 5 teams that would easily be playoff teams in any other district, 11-5A included (Hebron this year is the wild card for that statement, though). That makes it tough because you can never have an off night. They are both buzzsaws though.

Your looking at it wrong though...You are saying 5 teams and saying if they were in the 115..which means you are removing 5 from that district to make room for them, the idea is that within the 115 is where they are best and that is given the fact that they are going to be beating on each other for the next 5 weeks. They have played better competition with better results, we haven't faired as well when playing better teams.

The Observer
09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Your looking at it wrong though...You are saying 5 teams and saying if they were in the 115..which means you are removing 5 from that district to make room for them, the idea is that within the 115 is where they are best and that is given the fact that they are going to be beating on each other for the next 5 weeks. They have played better competition with better results, we haven't faired as well when playing better teams.

No, what I'm saying is if you added any given team of the 5 (not counting Lewisville) and subbed them out for the weak sister of any other district (including 11-5A), then they would make the playoffs. So for example if Hebron was in 11-5A instead of Mesquite, I think Hebron would make the playoffs, and I don't think they will (lots of games yet to be played - just an example) in 6-5A. Another way of looking at it is Keller, who will probably be the third best team (maybe second) in 5-5A wouldn't sniff the playoffs if they were in 6-5A instead of Lewisville. I'm not sure if I'm getting my thoughts across correctly, but that is always how I've thought about district strength.

To me, what you are saying looks more at the top-end, which may or may not be a different argument. I think the primary goal of every team in the state is to make the playoffs, regardless of who you are, and I think in 6-5A a really good team will be left out.

By the way, regardless, both are real good and I'm glad we don't play in either one!

SLC
09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
No, what I'm saying is if you added any given team of the 5 (not counting Lewisville) and subbed them out for the weak sister of any other district (including 11-5A), then they would make the playoffs. So for example if Hebron was in 11-5A instead of Mesquite, I think Hebron would make the playoffs, and I don't think they will (lots of games yet to be played - just an example) in 6-5A. Another way of looking at it is Keller, who will probably be the third best team (maybe second) in 5-5A wouldn't sniff the playoffs if they were in 6-5A instead of Lewisville. I'm not sure if I'm getting my thoughts across correctly, but that is always how I've thought about district strength.

To me, what you are saying looks more at the top-end, which may or may not be a different argument. I think the primary goal of every team in the state is to make the playoffs, regardless of who you are, and I think in 6-5A a really good team will be left out.

By the way, regardless, both are real good and I'm glad we don't play in either one!

Well, using that thought process, I think all 4 of the playoff teams from the 115 could win district in any other in the metroplex.

E-Vol-ution
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
More people fooling around on computers during the day?

I just want to compare to hsgametime.com (i'm posting a double thread one in the "Best of the Rest board)

6-5A--34.80%--380 votes
11-5A--17.22%--188 votes
5-4A--13.00%--142 votes
10-4A--19.60%--214 votes
Other--15.38%--168 votes

CoppellCowboy57
09-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I work at night brother...Day time posting

The Observer
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, using that thought process, I think all 4 of the playoff teams from the 115 could win district in any other in the metroplex.

I can't believe I'm arguing with an SLC guy against 6-5A!! Are we in some alternate world???

I think I might agree with you on 3 of them, although that means you think Horn, DeSoto, and Tyler John Tyler are better than Triniity, Allen, Cedar Hill, SLC, and Skyline, which might not be that much of a reach.

Not sure on who you think #4 would be - Tyler Lee is 0-4 (against a murderer's row schedule) and North Mesquite hasn't really beaten anybody and lost to Irving Mac.

I also think you might be being sarcastic, and I just can't read tone over the internet!

SLC
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I can't believe I'm arguing with an SLC guy against 6-5A!! Are we in some alternate world???

I think I might agree with you on 3 of them, although that means you think Horn, DeSoto, and Tyler John Tyler are better than Triniity, Allen, Cedar Hill, SLC, and Skyline, which might not be that much of a reach.

Not sure on who you think #4 would be - Tyler Lee is 0-4 (against a murderer's row schedule) and North Mesquite hasn't really beaten anybody and lost to Irving Mac.

I also think you might be being sarcastic, and I just can't read tone over the internet!

Right now the 115 has 3 ranked teams and have a 16-2 record vs teams with a combined 41-38 record.

The 65 has 2 ranked teams with a 19-6 record vs teams with a combined 44-65 record. (this includes our worst 5th team, to this point)

Rather than include their best 4 with our best 4, I included the worst of our 5 (thus far) and the worst of our 5 bairly got by an 0-5 Mesquite team at Hebrons house and then lost to a 2-2 private school at home. Hebrons other wins were against a horible Wylie team and a bad Cooper team. They also lost to a horrible Plano team. Hebron would get beaten badly by the top 4 teams in the 115 and they wouldn't make the playoffs.

The Observer
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Right now the 115 has 3 ranked teams and have a 16-2 record vs teams with a combined 41-38 record.

The 65 has 2 ranked teams with a 19-6 record vs teams with a combined 44-65 record. (this includes our worst 5th team, to this point)

Rather than include their best 4 with our best 4, I included the worst of our 5 (thus far) and the worst of our 5 bairly got by an 0-5 Mesquite team at Hebrons house and then lost to a 2-2 private school at home. Hebrons other wins were against a horible Wylie team and a bad Cooper team. They also lost to a horrible Plano team. Hebron would get beaten badly by the top 4 teams in the 115 and they wouldn't make the playoffs.

I rarely like to lose an argument, but you are bringing me around. Never good to bring up actual stats, how can I argue against that?

Your point on Hebron is a good one, too. I may be overrating them because of who they are (I think their coach is one of the best in the metroplex), but you are probably right. The top 3 of that district are unbelievable, and the 4-5 in that district (Tyler Lee, N Mesquite) could probably be considered above-average to good teams.

So I concede the argument...

Regardless, I do think this proves, that while people whine when teams get placed in a six team district (becuase higher % of teams make the playoffs), it doesn't matter if 4+ of the teams are legit. Hopefully, these two districts can put that myth to bed.

How about the bi-district matchup that awaits the loser of JT-Horn with Copperas Cove in the first round? That will be one heck of a bi-district game!

wolfpack4life
09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
5a-tie between 6-5a and 11-5a

4a-5-4a