PDA

View Full Version : Plano Playoff Plausibility

Bass
09-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Do the Wlidcats make the playoffs this year? They're 1-4 with their sole victory being by one point over Hebron, and they lost big to PESH in their district opener this past week. The talk in the offseason was that East would have to squeak into the playoffs for Allen to go D2, but that was assuming Plano held up their end of the deal as the second largest school in the district.

Does PESH finish with only a loss to Allen in 8-5A?

Is Wylie out of contention? They lost to Boyd who look like they'll make the playoffs and go D2, but the Pirates have Plano this week. This is a must-win game for both teams, right?

The poll probably won't be a true gauge of the situation, but I threw it in for the heck of it since it's a yes or no question.

SkyHighSkyline
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't even mention "Plano" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, right now.

NHB06
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Do the Wlidcats make the playoffs this year? They're 1-4 with their sole victory being by one point over Hebron, and they lost big to PESH in their district opener this past week. The talk in the offseason was that East would have to squeak into the playoffs for Allen to go D2, but that was assuming Plano held up their end of the deal as the second largest school in the district.

Does PESH finish with only a loss to Allen in 8-5A?

Is Wylie out of contention? They lost to Boyd who look like they'll make the playoffs and go D2, but the Pirates have Plano this week. This is a must-win game for both teams, right?

The poll probably won't be a true gauge of the situation, but I threw it in for the heck of it since it's a yes or no question.

If Plano beats Wylie, the Wildcats have a chance to make the playoffs. However, I don't see this happening unless something drastic changes between now and friday night. We shall see.

33Blood
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
They have only played 1 of 6 games, so they are from out of it. Their play will have to get a lot better to do it, but beating Wylie, Boyd and Jesuit should get them in.

tjw
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Plano still can make the playoffs but the likely hood is going down.

Right now there is actually a slim chance all 3 Plano schools could miss the playoffs????

I doubt it will but it could happen.

stinger
09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't even mention "Plano" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, right now.

Kinda like mentioning Skyline and state champion,,,ain't it???

Maroondog
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
There has been absolutely nothing up to this point to suggest that Plano can or will make the playoffs.

I hope I am wrong but an entirely different looking team will have to emerge for this to be even a remote possibility.

Steve Ulmer
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
There has been absolutely nothing up to this point to suggest that Plano can or will make the playoffs.

I hope I am wrong but an entirely different looking team will have to emerge for this to be even a remote possibility.

agreed!!

bigdaddydog
09-28-2009, 04:30 PM

I went through and looked at the teams in 8-5A today and what they have done so far and I have4 the following district records.

80% probability -
Allen - 6-0
McKinney Boyd 4-2
Plano East 4-2
Plano West 3-3
Wylie 2-4
Plano 2-4
Jesuit 0-6

20% Probability -
Allen - 5-1
McKinney Boyd 4-2
Plano East 4-2
Plano West 3-3
Wylie 2-4
Plano 2-4
Jesuit 1-5

And NO, Jesuit's one win does not come against Allen!! :D

~

Wypirates03
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
I think with Jesuit's switch over to the full spread, there could be some surprises.