View Full Version : College Park Vs. The Woodlands

Pages : [1] 2

Houston Cougar
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Who wins! I think this will be a great game and I will drive up to see it

TWHS10
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM

The Woods takes it, i think with the offense that the Woodlands brings to the table, they will easily roll over the Cavs, but if we want to win big, the Highlander Defense is going to need to show up like they did for Kingwood. gunna be a good one, hope to see a sell out at the Bank

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM

You may want to get your ticket before you make your travel plans. Last year's game completely sold out. The ticket offices at Woodforest did not even open on gameday.

They'll probably bring in a lot of extra bleachers.

Also, there is another game thread already floating around.

cougmantx
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I think it will be a good game for awhile but I see the Woodlands taking it. Cross town rivalry and all, I think Woodz is the team to beat in the D1 in the greater Houston area. (I know they are in R2). I don't really see anyone beating the Woodz in this area until and if they face North Shore and then it will be a really good game. IMO

Can't believe I said anything nice about Woodz...:confused:

TWHS10
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I think it will be a good game for awhile but I see the Woodlands taking it. Cross town rivalry and all, I think Woodz is the team to beat in the D1 in the greater Houston area. (I know they are in R2). I don't really see anyone beating the Woodz in this area until and if they face North Shore and then it will be a really good game. IMO

very nice :notworthy

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
The Woods takes it, i think with the offense that the Woodlands brings to the table, they will easily roll over the Cavs, but if we want to win big, the Highlander Defense is going to need to show up like they did for Kingwood. gunna be a good one, hope to see a sell out at the Bank

Gonna be one of those Al Michaels 'do you believe in miracles' endings if Cavs manage to pull the upset? :D

TWHS10
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Gonna be one of those Al Michaels 'do you believe in miracles' endings if Cavs manage to pull the upset? :D

yes. it would most definitely be like that haha

Forward Pass
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM

...and this Cinco Ranch fan will be pulling for you, to do just that!!

Good luck, College Park. You have at least one fan on the west side.

teXan
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
...and this Cinco Ranch fan will be pulling for you, to do just that!!

Good luck, College Park. You have at least one fan on the west side.

Why? :confused:

A) Because you played them and won so they get your sympathy vote.
B) Because you always root for the underdog.
C) Because you hate TWHS for beating a Katy team 2 years in a row.
D) All of the above.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 10:01 PM

D) All of the above.

I've met FP before. He's a big Taylor Parsons fan. I imagine that has a lot to do with it. I don't think option C comes into play since Katy is their natural rival.

teXan
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I've met FP before. He's a big Taylor Parsons fan. I imagine that has a lot to do with it. I don't think option C comes into play since Katy is their natural rival.

I read in another thread that KISD teams support other KISD teams when not playing each other. Nothing wrong with that but it makes option C a valid option.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I read in another thread that KISD teams support other KISD teams when not playing each other. Nothing wrong with that but it makes option C a valid option.

Well that's what they try and tell us. But I have a feeling The Cinco people (not necessarily the ones on this board) take some measure of glee whenever the Tigers get taken down. Just a guess though.

Cavalier-insider
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I think this will be a Great game. both school playing very well. sad that CP lost to cinco but hey it was a great game. i think college park will upset woods in three ways.

1. Woods wont take us as a real team to play and come with half the energy they would normally.
2. homecoming
3. Cp has the talent to do it, they've been passing the ball alot more, Parsons is back to normal and running better. All the RB's are on fire!
Woods back field will get tired quick..

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 12:35 AM
I like what insder said.

YES The woods beat katy and yes they have really great talent but i think after watching the woods play not so good teams the past two weeks and the bye week that back field will be a little slow and not ready to stop a kid like parsons and his new and growing passing game.

Here are the Keys to the game for CP and TWHS
FOR CP: 1. keep lasco cold and that QB under pressure.
2. CP's Back field is good but gave up the big plays at the end of the cinco game. Stay on your man and stay in man D. Cover 2, and QB spy, Keep a man on lasco.
3. Dont let the loss to cinco keep them down, and put that thought "we are going to lose because woods is ranked in state" out of thier minds. i Talked to a JV/ V player today and he said with out thinking we were going to lose. (not good)
4. keep the people around you in a + mood and believe that CP will win, keep energy high.
5. the O needs to come out firing and OPEN THE PLAY BOOK. like we did Vs cinco get out and score fast and early that wil get woods mad and loss of Focus.
Keys for the woods
1.Im not going to tell you what is weak about us :D

teXan
09-28-2009, 04:26 AM
I think this will be a Great game. both school playing very well. sad that CP lost to cinco but hey it was a great game. i think college park will upset woods in three ways.

1. Woods wont take us as a real team to play and come with half the energy they would normally.
2. homecoming
3. Cp has the talent to do it, they've been passing the ball alot more, Parsons is back to normal and running better. All the RB's are on fire!
Woods back field will get tired quick..

Your #1 is just plain silly. Even if TW didn't take CP as a real team, the fact that it's CP means you get 110% on both sides of the ball until the final whistle.

For #3, do you mean the TW RB's will get tired? Which ones: Lasco (9.98 YPC) or Taylor (8.50 YPC) or LaPlant (7.00 YPC) or Woodyard (3.77 YPC)

Maybe you mean the receivers: Knust (32.00 YPR) or Felton (26.00 YPR) or Webb (16.00 YPR) or Falavine (11.14 YPR) or Rizzuti (10.00 YPR) or Wilcher (7.67 YPR)

Maybe it's our QB's who can't keep up the passing pace: Eckel (67.21%) or Schneider (76.92%)

Of course, you might have meant the other side of the ball: Bouthilet (9.75 TPG) or Skaufel (8.25 TPG) or Burnett (7.5 TPG) or Cooper (7.00 TPG) or Clapsaddle (5.00 TPG)

I guess I'm confused about who's going to get tired with the depth TW has. According to the charts, TW has about 30 more players than CP. That's quite enough depth to sub their way out of being tired.

teXan
09-28-2009, 04:29 AM
I like what insder said.

YES The woods beat katy and yes they have really great talent but i think after watching the woods play not so good teams the past two weeks and the bye week that back field will be a little slow and not ready to stop a kid like parsons and his new and growing passing game.

Here are the Keys to the game for CP and TWHS
FOR CP: 1. keep lasco cold and that QB under pressure.
2. CP's Back field is good but gave up the big plays at the end of the cinco game. Stay on your man and stay in man D. Cover 2, and QB spy, Keep a man on lasco.
3. Dont let the loss to cinco keep them down, and put that thought "we are going to lose because woods is ranked in state" out of thier minds. i Talked to a JV/ V player today and he said with out thinking we were going to lose. (not good)
4. keep the people around you in a + mood and believe that CP will win, keep energy high.
5. the O needs to come out firing and OPEN THE PLAY BOOK. like we did Vs cinco get out and score fast and early that wil get woods mad and loss of Focus.
Keys for the woods
1.Im not going to tell you what is weak about us :D

Katy tried the whole score fast and early method. Heck, they even tried the score late method to go ahead of TW. Neither method worked.

Fleeman93
09-28-2009, 04:31 AM
This game will be a lot closer than some think. Woodlands by 21 or so.

twcpfan1
09-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Fatigue won't be a factor. For either team.

The key is the College Park Offensive Line. We have to have the ball. A lot

Offensively TWHS will bring a lot more to the table than Cinco. That's a given. In fact, barring turnovers or mishaps by the kickoff return team, I expect them to score on every possession. Cinco did too in the 2nd half. Had we kept our composure, we could have kept up in the 4th quarter and secured the lead. Turnovers and poor play calling kills. We'll fix that.

Defensively however, I'm guessing they will have a lot more to deal with than they had to with Kingwood and even Clear Lake. While our D will have their work cut out with Lasco, Eckel, Lindsey, Sibal and Knust, the TWHS D will have to deal with Parsons, Osborne, Dickerson, Mallott and Solano. If they can keep our offense to under 14, then TWHS are just too good on both sides of the ball. I'll be the first to congratulate them on the blowout win.

Nobody's rolling over in this game though. Both teams will go into this game expecting a win.

The Wood
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Doubt blowout happens here.

Like Fleeman, I think 15-21 points, but who knows?...turnovers will be big part of the final score IMO.

I watched some CP film, love watching their offense...and adding a passing dimension is another huge plus. Expert ball-handling required of this offense is tantamount to its success...Parson's making quick decisions is the key. With good pressure from LB's and DEnds the time to make those decisions is diminished, which makes the pass a great potential equalizer for this O.

I think CP is a quality team, they will be emotionally ready, they know they can beat TW if they play a very near perfect game...can they do that? We'll find out on 10/9.

For TW it's also a given they will be ready. They have an off week to prepare and heal...but there are distractions with homecoming.

Hopefully both teams will escape the virus bug (get healthy Chad) and have the full complement of players to make this what it should be...a very good and exciting Texas 5A matchup between two good schools with good fan support in a state of the art venue.

The Wood
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Thanks for that coug...but don't forget Lufkin at Abe...gonna be a dog, er, wolf fight. And I know they are not a GH team, but a district foe nonetheless.

dada
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Katy tried the whole score fast and early method. Heck, they even tried the score late method to go ahead of TW. Neither method worked.

What method did Kingwood and PAM try?

teXan
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM

KW tried waiting until the 4th QTR to start scoring. They were way off. PAM decided to start earlier in the 3rd QTR. Failed miserably. TW saw each of them put a score on the board and shut them both down after the first one.

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
KW tried waiting until the 4th QTR to start scoring. They were way off. PAM decided to start earlier in the 3rd QTR. Failed miserably. TW saw each of them put a score on the board and shut them both down after the first one.

After the starters were taken out of game and the O starters too..;)

teXan
09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
After the starters were taken out of game and the O starters too..;)

Oh, the TW starters never saw the 2nd half. Can you imagine the ugliness that would have insued?

teXan
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's a quick refresher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHfN_uht1s&NR=1

Highlandr
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM

Check out Logan Rowe trailing Lasco on his long TD run at the 2:45 mark. I thought the CP kid gave him a cheap shot when I saw it live and this didn't change my opinion. What do y'all say?

ETA: you can actually see it better here at 1:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4wcPHa2wOI&feature=fvw

Favpack
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Check out Logan Rowe trailing Lasco on his long TD run at the 2:45 mark. I thought the CP kid gave him a cheap shot when I saw it live and this didn't change my opinion. What do y'all say?

I voted for the Woodz and think it will probably be similar to last year.

I watched video - cheap shot? Probably a little strong - I didn't get the idea he was trying to hurt someone.

I thought at first he was diving for Lasco, but then realized he was probably just trying to do something physical toward the end of a frustrating play.

twcpfan1
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I voted for the Woodz and think it will probably be similar to last year.

I watched video - cheap shot? Probably a little strong - I didn't get the idea he was trying to hurt someone.

I thought at first he was diving for Lasco, but then realized he was probably just trying to do something physical toward the end of a frustrating play.

Yeah I saw the same thing. The CP player was just competing like he's supposed to. Can't very well expect him just to run alongside Rowe and watch the whole thing. Rowe was running interference for Lasco. Have to expect some contact.

Anyway, why are we rehashing stuff that happened a year ago? Pretty sure both sets of players are amped up enough for this game as it is without having to re-live a hit (not dirty IMO) made on someone who's not even on the team anymore.

Highlandr
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I think one of the players is still around and of course you're free not to re-hash it.

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM

i've watched this video Thousand times and every time i watch it i see how good we can be. and how close we were then. i hope the players see that the chance is even higher this year.

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, the TW starters never saw the 2nd half. Can you imagine the ugliness that would have insued?

i would have left earlier if it got that bad ;) i did lev during the 4th like everyone else..

twcpfan1
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
i would have left earlier if it got that bad ;) i did lev during the 4th like everyone else..

I think he meant the Kingwood Game. That got ugly pretty much by the end of the 1st qtr.

Forward Pass
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM

D) All of the above.

Because they have a darn good football team and have allot of class!

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Because they have a darn good football team and have allot of class!

ya'll do too!! very great team and fans of cinco!! love ya'lls band too!!

Stands junky
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I think he meant the Kingwood Game. That got ugly pretty much by the end of the 1st qtr.

i ment the KW game :D, CP could be down 0-99 and ill still be in stands yelling and cheering :cool:

azairman
09-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Doubt blowout happens here.

Like Fleeman, I think 15-21 points, but who knows?...turnovers will be big part of the final score IMO.

I watched some CP film, love watching their offense...and adding a passing dimension is another huge plus. Expert ball-handling required of this offense is tantamount to its success...Parson's making quick decisions is the key. With good pressure from LB's and DEnds the time to make those decisions is diminished, which makes the pass a great potential equalizer for this O.

I think CP is a quality team, they will be emotionally ready, they know they can beat TW if they play a very near perfect game...can they do that? We'll find out on 10/9.

For TW it's also a given they will be ready. They have an off week to prepare and heal...but there are distractions with homecoming.

Hopefully both teams will escape the virus bug (get healthy Chad) and have the full complement of players to make this what it should be...a very good and exciting Texas 5A matchup between two good schools with good fan support in a state of the art venue.

college park can actually win this game, limit turnovers, keep their offense on the field and the highlanders offense off of it, but most importantly, on defense, tackle ,tackle, tackle, which was their downfall against cinco.

KT2000
09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
This could be an interesting game. The Woods D can be run against. I think CP can sustain drives, but they'll have to be sure they're scoring TDs at the end of those drives. I don't see them stopping The Woods O if they couldn't stop Cinco (second half anyway). I've seen Cinco twice and The Woods once. The Woods is much more dynamic.

The Wood
09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
This could be an interesting game. The Woods D can be run against. I think CP can sustain drives, but they'll have to be sure they're scoring TDs at the end of those drives. I don't see them stopping The Woods O if they couldn't stop Cinco (second half anyway). I've seen Cinco twice and The Woods once. The Woods is much more dynamic.

Last year TW benefited from teams, particularly strong running teams, laying the ball on the carpet. Most of them were from solid defensive hits but a few were the execution style errors: bad handoffs, poor ball control. Generally TW would capitalize on these TO's. PAM, Clear Lake, College Park, and even non-option teams like Westfield and Katy lost the ball to TW and gave themselves "double-death"...taking potential points off their board and ADDING points to TW board.

The CP offense requires precision execution and it's fun to watch for me personally. But you may execute 7 of 8 plays perfectly and the eighth play costs you points. It's really not different with any offense I guess, but I'm just reiterating my belief that turnovers have helped TW get where they are, a little bit this year, a lot last year.

In these big games with good teams...the team that executes consistently wins. If a team has a little less overall talent athletically, they have to execute even better...and that gets very hard on a finesse offense going against an above average defense (even a porous D).

The Wood
09-29-2009, 08:57 AM
I've also got some bittersweet feelings about this game. I probably won't be able to attend because my daughter might have induced labor on Saturday in San Antonio to bring my first grandchild/granddaughter into this world.

I'm not missing that for anything...but I'd really like to see the game Friday night...maybe I can get it done.

Don't worry, I'll make sure she's a football fan! And she can pick her own favorite team too!

If I miss, this is the second of the last three CP games I've missed...my niece got married in 2007 so I missed that one...CP won so I don't mind it to bad though;)

twcpfan1
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM

CP needs to approach this game not afraid to get blown out. Gamble on D. See if you can send enough guys to stop Lasco or get to Eckel. If Knust and Wilcher beats you deep, so be it. It's not make it take it. You get the ball back. Gotta stay aggressive and not go into a bend but not break mode like they did in the 2nd half of the Cinco game. Gotta keep the pressure on Eckel.

Same on offense. DO NOT PUNT. Use all 4 downs to get 10 yards. You expect Woodz to score on every possession anyway right? No difference if you punt it to them or turn it over on downs. If you happen to score, onside kick to them. What difference does it make if they score on you starting from the 50 or starting from the 35. You might recover 1 or 2 which could really swing the momentum your way. If it all blows up on your face, so what? It's still only one loss. Then you start focusing on New Caney the following week.

The Wood
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM

I remember that hit very vividly...felt it was very questionable at best and was relieved to see Logan get up in one piece. The guy had no chance at Lasco, it appeared he just wanted to hit something and ended up rolling Logan up. That hit made me upset, even amidst the glee of a great run by Daniel. Logan's a tough kid...he'll be starting this weekend in college ball at WR...a freshman, no doubt.

I particularly enjoy this video...Watch #42 Clay Latimer cleanly blast the QB at 1:09 and a second later at 1:11 #17 Colin Renton rips the ball away for #3 Aaron Charbonnet's fumble recovery. That D was special! I felt CP knew right then that they were gonna have a tough night. Later on #42 blasted the QB again, but harder...QB got up...very slowly and a little wobbly...and to his credit he played the rest of the game and quite well.

Stands junky
09-29-2009, 09:14 AM

yea after seeing cinco and woods, Woods is a much tighter, everyone is understands what they need to do. Cinco was laided back and a few plays cinco players were off the same page as everyone else. but i saw alot of the same things woods runs and alot of diff things too. like i said before we didnt get the full understanding of how woods will look and fell. I think this weeks Goal For CP is watch The Cinco game two or three times one with a coach one by them selfs and one with a team alone no coach, that way everyone understands what happened and that way they can talk as a team and make sure they keep on same page, same mind set.

twcpfan1
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
nm

twcpfan1
09-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Well since everybody's digging through the video vault, how about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2Cjf4bXuo&feature=channel

KT2000
09-30-2009, 10:16 AM
I agree. I don't think people should spend time dissecting something that happened a year ago. It doesn't serve any kind of productive purpose this week.

twcpfan1
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree. I don't think people should spend time dissecting something that happened a year ago. It doesn't serve any kind of productive purpose this week.

... and next week. We both have a bye. Volleyball this week, baby :D

KT2000
09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
... and next week. We both have a bye. :D

:eek:

In response to your post last page, I gear up for Lasco if I'm CP's defense. They can't worry about trying to stop everything- that's why spread offenses were invented. The Woods doesn't have the running QBs this year, and that makes it easier to key on Mr. Lasco. However, you absolutely must form tackle. Lasco is most dangerous to a poor tackling defense. That's why Katy got burned. His feet skim the turf when he gets the legs moving, and a solid hit will bring him down. If you don't get him in those first five yards, hold onto your butt.

CP's best defense will have to be the offense- sustain drives, score touchdowns, and limit the Highlander possessions.

If I'm The Woodlands' defense, I bring a controlled attack. Force CP's hand- don't let them dictate. If The Woods just sits back and reads/reacts everything, I think they'll get in trouble.

On offense, I'm looking for gaps if CP does go full stop for Lasco. I'm going downfield. I'm hitting the corners. I'm running people over the middle in what should be a nice gap between CP's Lasco focused LBs and the center fielder(s).

The Wood
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
:eek: On offense, I'm looking for gaps if CP does go full stop for Lasco. I'm going downfield. I'm hitting the corners. I'm running people over the middle in what should be a nice gap between CP's Lasco focused LBs and the center fielder(s).
You know, this is one thing that successful spread teams MUST learn to do...hit them where they aren't!

One thing TWHS has failed to do consistently is attack the inside corners and get behind over aggressive LBs.

The Lufkin game last year at The Shed, LP LBs coming hard very often. I remember thinking over and over again:

Get it quickly to the short/ inner corner, even if it's a three yard button hook;
Bring the inside receiver in closer (to speed the route up) and get 8-12 yards deep in the middle of the field...and look quickly.

Lufkin pressured the Woodies but gave up some things in doing it...short corner and midfield...and we only took advanatge of it once. The adjustment TW didn't make was moving the inside receiver closer to the ball, they were three-four yards too far outside for the timing to work...I think it also helps the timing sometime to take the snap from under center instead of the Gun...if outside short is open, 1 step drop, stand up and wing it; if in front is open, 3 step drop and throw strike. Shotgun sometimes take too long to get ball, get set and throw on really quick route.

Last years' TTech v Oklahoma State game in Lubbock was a masterful exploitation of this defense pressure by Tech. OSU LBs kept coming hard...and Harrell and Leach kept burning them 8-12 yds deep on turnarounds...first down after first down...led to touchdown after touchdown...and OSU didn't adjust to it until the game was out of reach. When they did adjust Tech threw to the outside.

Maybe TW has worked on it some...they'll need to IMO. LP and RRSP made 'em go home empty handed last year because they didn't have this bullet in their gun.

Malmason
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM

D) All of the above.

Other CP fan here from Cinco Ranch! Go Cavaliers!

To answer your questions - D.
A) I would still cheer for CP if CR lost the game.
B) I didn't know CP was the underdog.
C) I was not aware till now TWHS was the one beat Katy 2 years in a row. Somehow it did not click in my head.

You gotta give a proper respect to a great opponent.

I like their mascot too. :D

Stands junky
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM

C) I was not aware till now TWHS was the one beat Katy 2 years in a row. Somehow it did not click in my head.

Lol i like your mascot too. WHOS HOUSE?!?!?! COUG'S HOUSE!!!

Stands junky
09-30-2009, 07:38 PM

i think CP players and CR players have a great deal of respect for each other now. Both really great programs, I hope we play you guys every season :D

teXan
09-30-2009, 09:49 PM

Ugh. Too mushy for my taste. This is a football forum. The fact that you didn't know it was TW that beat KT twice says a lot.

WoodzDad
10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Ugh. Too mushy for my taste. This is a football forum. :notworthy

BTW Congrats to THE WOOD - A grand Pa... you're too young! I'm sure she has a Tech Cheerleader outfit already. We'll have to add some burnt orange to her outfits!

Oh yeah football forum...
Woodz Wins a tight one. Only tight, because its' a rivalry game and CP plays out of it's mind.

Stop Lasco and you have a host of receivers to worry about. Getting to the QB move the pocket. It's all good. Woodz adjusted just enough to stay ahead of a very athletic PA. I believe they do it again against a 110% effort coming from CP.

Stands junky
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
:notworthy

BTW Congrats to THE WOOD - A grand Pa... you're too young! I'm sure she has a Tech Cheerleader outfit already. We'll have to add some burnt orange to her outfits!

Woodz Wins a tight one. Only tight, because its' a rivalry game and CP plays out of it's mind.

Stop Lasco and you have a host of receivers to worry about. Getting to the QB move the pocket. It's all good. Woodz adjusted just enough to stay ahead of a very athletic PA. I believe they do it again against a 110% effort coming from CP.

So you mean we will come out in a blaze of glory and go crazy on you guys??

Cavalier-insider
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM

I hope ya'll can :rolleyes:, we came out with Power and took it too cinco, i think or i know we will come out with that same energy and give you guys everything we've got. :cool:

patitan
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM

PAM hit lasko all night and bottled him up.PAM held him to a season low 27-147.most came on two big runs. stop lasko. get to him before he gets to his ol or meet him there. if you have a decent secondary,make eckels beat you.

go to panews.com and watch the game FNE port arthur memorial vs. the woodlands. very close game. our offense screwed us out of it.well they had bad field position all night,but otherthan that we couldn't get it going.

patitan
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM

that didn't work very well against PAM. your top wr had 1 catch for 18. the slot guy was hot because our smart coaches had a linebacker matched on him. the woodlands scored two td's on us. the rest was two fg's and two safties lol.

Stands junky
10-01-2009, 08:04 PM
that didn't work very well against PAM. your top wr had 1 catch for 18. the slot guy was hot because our smart coaches had a linebacker matched on him. the woodlands scored two td's on us. the rest was two fg's and two safties lol.

sounds like a lot closer game then said..

patitan
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
we were still in the game when it was 18-7 in the third or was it early fourth???

Stands junky
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
we were still in the game when it was 18-7 in the third or was it early fourth???

im not shocked by that.. :D i happen to see a woods game were the other team was not ready to play and even then they had a few really good plays on woods. If kingwoods O had really came out to play they prob would been a better game.

teXan
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM

So you stopped Lasco and stopped Knust...but you still lost. What's up with that? :confused:

I think you're arguing your team into nothingness and I'm sure the players can't be too fond of that.

If I were you, I'd say TW has to be freakin' awesome to beat PAM. Otherwise, you're telling everyone you got beat by a weak team. :eek:

I like your spirit, though. Your heart's in the right place.

patitan
10-01-2009, 10:59 PM
So you stopped Lasco and stopped Knust...but you still lost. What's up with that? :confused:

I think you're arguing your team into nothingness and I'm sure the players can't be too fond of that.

If I were you, I'd say TW has to be freakin' awesome to beat PAM. Otherwise, you're telling everyone you got beat by a weak team. :eek:

I like your spirit, though. Your heart's in the right place.

i'm saying the woodlands offense isn't very good,let truth be known. you were in the red zone many times and only scored two td's against an avg defense. i grade PAM hard,so C+ overall and B- on some plays. ya'll won the game because of field position and PAM's offense unable to get it going,therefore punting and giving ya'll EXCELLENT field position. i think ya'll started from our 45 as an avg. you guys didn't leave points on the field. minus the two safties and two field goals,it's 14-7,but that's football and you can't subtract. the woodlands are not that awsome. barley escaped a clear lake team that got beat by a STRUGGLING BALL HIGH. seems as though they twhs,overlook people and it bite them hard when it counts. oh and twhs defense is top notch,especially the d-line. they were on the qb all night! so no,they are not weak,just suspect.

Stands junky
10-02-2009, 12:22 AM
i'm saying the woodlands offense isn't very good,let truth be known. you were in the red zone many times and only scored two td's against an avg defense. i grade PAM hard,so C+ overall and B- on some plays. ya'll won the game because of field position and PAM's offense unable to get it going,therefore punting and giving ya'll EXCELLENT field position. i think ya'll started from our 45 as an avg. you guys didn't leave points on the field. minus the two safties and two field goals,it's 14-7,but that's football and you can't subtract. the woodlands are not that awsome. barley escaped a clear lake team that got beat by a STRUGGLING BALL HIGH. seems as though they twhs,overlook people and it bite them hard when it counts. oh and twhs defense is top notch,especially the d-line. they were on the qb all night! so no,they are not weak,just suspect.

:notworthy:notworthy, I wouldnt have said that better! I'm trying to explain to people that CP has a really good and i mean REALLY GOOD chance in pulling Our game out. yes we have to play close to prefect but seeing woods play they can be taken down and as long as the O keeps moving the ball vs a yes a very good D you can win with min problems.. :cool:

patitan
10-02-2009, 12:53 AM
how often does the woodlands play on grass??? i know alot of preseason and just about all district games are played on field turf. was wondering could that have been a factor.

how good is the front 7 at CP?? stopping lasko or slowing him down is the key. also keeping them off the field. long drives and making first downs.

Stands junky
10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
how often does the woodlands play on grass??? i know alot of preseason and just about all district games are played on field turf. was wondering could that have been a factor.

how good is the front 7 at CP?? stopping lasko or slowing him down is the key. also keeping them off the field. long drives and making first downs.

as far as i know they played on grass once this year? :confused:

CP's 7 is pretty good, most have played on the V team since there soph year and starting 2 years in row. We are really good at getting to the QB and putting pressure on him, We can stop the run really really well, but the passing game is diff. the type of O CP runs is prefect O to take time off the clock, Woods says they know this type well because of the teams they've played already but! we take things to a new level :D

patitan
10-02-2009, 02:33 PM
man do they have a complex lol. you can shower them with props and say they won the game,but soon as you say they not as good as advertised,they get all out shape,say they were sick,they didn't get up for the game,the pregame dinner was bad,jupiter wasn't in line with saturn etc... just look at the game. the woodlands are not "perfect" if so,they would have MANY state titles. lasko didn't get a break. in a meaningless game,why would you play a sick kid??? BECAUSE HE WASN'T FREAKING SICK LOL. why not play your backups??? because then you would really expose the team. the name should be call lasko high lol. i can poke fun because PAM was in the boat when jamaal charles was there. without him or players like that,no one respects your run game then passing becomes difficult. if our front 7 was holding down lasko like that,imagine what the back would have done lol.

t00 playa
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM

many teams dont get up for big games... now if you had katy written across those jerseys instead of memorial.... then im sure you would have seen a different woods team.... PAM games are just games to get a win and stay injury free.....:Music:eek:

patitan
10-02-2009, 03:52 PM
many teams dont get up for big games... now if you had katy written across those jerseys instead of memorial.... then im sure you would have seen a different woods team.... PAM games are just games to get a win and stay injury free.....:Music:eek:

really??? why play the starters then??? with that thinking,i see why ns and the twhs bow out so early.

your first sentence makes no sense. i'll let you edit. "many teams don't get up for big games"??? wtf lol. i can see if you said,big teams don't get excited about meaningless or small games.:eek::Music:eek:

teXan
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
man do they have a complex lol. you can shower them with props and say they won the game,but soon as you say they not as good as advertised,they get all out shape,say they were sick,they didn't get up for the game,the pregame dinner was bad,jupiter wasn't in line with saturn etc... just look at the game. the woodlands are not "perfect" if so,they would have MANY state titles. lasko didn't get a break. in a meaningless game,why would you play a sick kid??? BECAUSE HE WASN'T FREAKING SICK LOL. why not play your backups??? because then you would really expose the team. the name should be call lasko high lol. i can poke fun because PAM was in the boat when jamaal charles was there. without him or players like that,no one respects your run game then passing becomes difficult. if our front 7 was holding down lasko like that,imagine what the back would have done lol.

Nobody is bent out of shape. You're just boring and predictable. I've seen silly posters like you come and go. For that, you earn the prestigous Ignore award. :Music

patitan
10-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Nobody is bent out of shape. You're just boring and predictable. I've seen silly posters like you come and go. For that, you earn the prestigous Ignore award. :Music

please ignore me. yes you are hurt that someone called the woodlands offense suspect. get over yourself.:Music

teXan
10-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I
Definitely
Ignore
Outlandish
Twits

patitan
10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
idiot

and we are out of clever things to say... name calling now...classic:notworthy.

twcpfan1
10-03-2009, 12:00 PM
1 Most Likely result - TWHS by 3 scores or more
2 Reasonable result - TWHS in a close one if CP plays lights out.
3 Possible but not likely - CP wins a close one.

I'm going with 3 :)

cpfan
10-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Alright well first off The Woodlands team is Daniel Lasco, all College Park has to do is shut him down and hit Eckel hard once and College Park will win. Collage Parks QB Taylor Parsons is good. If the coaches let him spread things out so he can run and throw The Woodlands will have a hard time stopping him. Last week Collage Parks loss to Cinco Ranch was because of bad coaching. If Collage Park beats The Woodlands it will be because of Taylor Parsons having a good game if he gets opprotunitys to do something.

cpfan
10-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Ok well first just because The Woodlands has more depth in their roster doesnt mean there going to win. If Collage Park throws the ball more and Parsons has a good game we would have a good chance at winning. Eckel throws ok but if he takes some hard shots then hes done. Lasco is the main reason yall are winning and if we stop him its over.

Stands junky
10-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Alright well first off The Woodlands team is Daniel Lasco, all College Park has to do is shut him down and hit Eckel hard once and College Park will win. Collage Parks QB Taylor Parsons is good. If the coaches let him spread things out so he can run and throw The Woodlands will have a hard time stopping him. Last week Collage Parks loss to Cinco Ranch was because of bad coaching. If Collage Park beats The Woodlands it will be because of Taylor Parsons having a good game if he gets opprotunitys to do something.

I like your veiw here but Woods hs other Weapons, BUT!!!! they are easy to stop as well. I keep saying this, but this has to be the greatest and best chance to win for CP. :D Parson will have the best game in his CP history if things work out :rolleyes:

cpfan
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
yea your right Parsons is a key player in our offense and if he has a big game i dont think the woodlands will no how to stop him

cpfan
10-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Im sayin right now that Collage Park wins against the woodlands in a close game. if Carson calls the right plays and this team has a good week of practice Collage Park will come out on top.

Woodlands
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Sure:rolleyes:

cpfan
10-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Sure:rolleyes:

Is that a sure that u agree or do u disagree with me

Woodlands
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
You will find out on Friday. Keep up all the talking though. It's entertaining.

patitan
10-03-2009, 04:47 PM
twhs don't use back up's. lasko is the key. stop him and make the qb beat you.

the defensive front 7 for twhs is very good though and a nice kicking game. that's the part we had trouble with. slowing the offense and or stopping them is not hard at all.

Mr. Rod
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Ooooh, I oughta send this to all your Tiger fans.

Any who, I think the Woods will take it. Going with my gut on this one. But if the Cavs happen to upset the Woodz, I will comeback to this thread and eat my fried crow-kra.

Mr. Rod
10-03-2009, 04:50 PM

the defensive front 7 for twhs is very good though and a nice kicking game. that's the part we had trouble with. slowing the offense and or stopping them is not hard at all.

Then why did they score 24 points on the Titans. :confused:

Woodlands
10-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Because TWHS sucks. They are completely one dimensional. No receivers other than Knust, who only got 2 passes that night. The whole flu thing was a delusion. And, CP has Parsons, who's another Tebow!

Mr. Rod
10-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Because TWHS sucks. They are completely one dimensional. No receivers other than Knust, who only got 2 passes that night. The whole flu thing was a delusion. And, CP has Parsons, who's another Tebow!

Oh, Okay thank you.

patitan
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
do the math

two td's
two fg's
two safties

24points.

knust had 1 catch. countem 1 for 18yards.

patitan
10-03-2009, 05:39 PM
oh and lasko rushed for one and the other was a little hitch to number 10 for a 5-10yard score.

teXan
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Ok well first just because The Woodlands has more depth in their roster doesnt mean there going to win. If Collage Park throws the ball more and Parsons has a good game we would have a good chance at winning. Eckel throws ok but if he takes some hard shots then hes done. Lasco is the main reason yall are winning and if we stop him its over.

Yeah, that's what paTITan said, too. If you're on the same page as her, I feel for both you and your therapist.

teXan
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
yea your right Parsons is a key player in our offense and if he has a big game i dont think the woodlands will no how to stop him

Like last year? Yeah, Parsons really put one over on TW.

teXan
10-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Im sayin right now that Collage Park wins against the woodlands in a close game. if Carson calls the right plays and this team has a good week of practice Collage Park will come out on top.

A good week of practice doesn't mean :Censor:. What if TW has a good week of practice, too?

A good night of football is what matters.

Stands junky
10-03-2009, 11:05 PM
A good week of practice doesn't mean :Censor:. What if TW has a good week of practice, too?

A good night of football is what matters.

man you need to chill alittle :D

teXan
10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
man you need to chill alittle :D

WHAT THE :Censor: ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

Just kidding. :) I'm totally chill. I could use another tasty beverage though. BRB.

Stands junky
10-03-2009, 11:11 PM
WHAT THE :Censor: ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

Just kidding. :) I'm totally chill. I could use another tasty beverage though. BRB.

Remember to Use 5A responsibly ;) :D:Music

Stands junky
10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
but texan your right about how the players feel on game day. you could have the best week of practice and then have the crappest game in the world on friday. lets just hope everyone brings A game :notworthy

twcpfan1
10-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Score Prediction (I'll retro back to the original school names for nostalgia):

Conroe The Woodlands College Park HS - 45
Conroe McCullough HS - 42

TWHS10
10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I just want to say i hope the best to both teams, and people on this site...forget the beginning of the year, this is districts baby, lets drop the records and battle it out, and may the best team win. With both teams coming off a bye week , you can never know what will happen!

To CP & TWHS, good luck and have fun!

twcpfan1
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I just want to say i hope the best to both teams, and people on this site...forget the beginning of the year, this is districts baby, lets drop the records and battle it out, and may the best team win. With both teams coming off a bye week , you can never know what will happen!

To CP & TWHS, good luck and have fun!

Here here. More importantly, have an injury free game. To both teams.

Make our community proud.

TWHS10
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Here here. More importantly, have an injury free game. To both teams.

Make our community proud.

thats true, I really want an injury free game, that would be fantastic!

The Wood
10-04-2009, 07:50 PM

"RAMPART, RAMPART...We have serious closed head trauma on a patient named Patitan"

"10-4...10-4. Give him 5 cc's of Ringer's Lactate and drop him off in the ship channel."

The Wood
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Score Prediction (I'll retro back to the original school names for nostalgia):

Conroe The Woodlands College Park HS - 45
Conroe McCullough HS - 42

True flashback...
Conroe McCullogh HS - Something
uh.. Conroe School: "name undetermined" - A little less than something:)

The Wood
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
do the math

two td's
two fg's
two safties

24points.

knust had 1 catch. countem 1 for 18yards.

Math says TWHS wins, PAM loses. TWHS 5-0, College Park next game. Should be a good one.

twcpfan1
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
After it's over there's a big volleyball match between the same 2 schools 4 days later. TWHS will want some payback after being upset last week at TWCP. Both are state ranked, if I'm not mistaken. Might make an effort to make that one.

letsgowoods
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Finally we get to the game that everyone has been talking about here in the woods. I will say CP will come out and play. they will show up, if they dont be ready for a pure :Censor: kicking! The woods needs to stay focused, and not make mistakes. The Woods over cross town rival in a close one! Best of luck to both teams! be ready for a dandy at the bank! Lasco runs wild over CP!

The Woods all the way:) this is our year:)

5-0 and counting

Houston Cougar
10-04-2009, 11:54 PM
For the life of me, I just cannot see CP beating TW. The matchups just are not there. I think the interior OL for TW is just going to beat down CP interior DL and LBs. I think Parsons will get his and it will be an exciting first half but second half will be the same as last year. I don't even think TW has enough respect for CP to even throw alot. I think TW beats CP running it down their throats. CPTrainer, everyone reads your bull but you don't make any sense. You continue to berate everyone with CP this or that but you really haven't played anyone other than Cinco Ranch and I question how good they really are now!

Prove me wrong! I want to drive up and see a good game. I have seen both play and I just do NOT see CP matching up in this game.

twcpfan1
10-05-2009, 12:30 AM
For the life of me, I just cannot see CP beating TW. The matchups just are not there. I think the interior OL for TW is just going to beat down CP interior DL and LBs. I think Parsons will get his and it will be an exciting first half but second half will be the same as last year. I don't even think TW has enough respect for CP to even throw alot. I think TW beats CP running it down their throats. CPTrainer, everyone reads your bull but you don't make any sense. You continue to berate everyone with CP this or that but you really haven't played anyone other than Cinco Ranch and I question how good they really are now!

Prove me wrong! I want to drive up and see a good game. I have seen both play and I just do NOT see CP matching up in this game.

Well if you're so sure that it's going to be an embarrassing beatdown, save your gas and stay home. Why even make the trip? Unless somebody's going to hook you up with a ticket, chances are you won't get in anyway. In any case I'd much rather save the ticket for the people with a dog in the fight, not for the ones who would bicker and moan if the 'entertainment' isn't good enough. The Cougars are just down the freeway. Let them entertain you. Wait a sec. They can't even beat virtual High School teams like UTEP.

teXan
10-05-2009, 04:47 AM

TWCPfan is right about one thing: If you don't already have a ticket, save your gas. This game will be sold out two days in advance. You might be able to find an extra from a season ticket holder...but I doubt it.

azairman
10-05-2009, 06:09 AM

you better not underestimate college park, parsons is the truth, and aaron osborne is a very talented running back. if they control the clock, and keep that high powered offense on the sidelines, the local news reports that night are going to surprise you.

Highlandr
10-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Game week, now on to phase 2, predicting the varsity outcome based upon jr. high and sub varsity results. :rolleyes:

azairman
10-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Game week, now on to phase 2, predicting the varsity outcome based upon jr. high and sub varsity results. :rolleyes:

the woodlands high varsity is very talented, but college park's jv is going to beat the dog :Censor: out of the highlanders jv if that eaglin kid plays at quarterback, and not varsity. he is a stud. ask the cinco ranch coaches.

twcpfan1
10-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Subvarsity is not an indicator, but I guess it's worth noting that the V games have gone the same way as the JV games 3 out of 3 years so far.

azairman
10-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Subvarsity is not an indicator, but I guess it's worth noting that the V games have gone the same way as the JV games 3 out of 3 years so far.

i'm just saying, no matter how crooked the line is out here. the cav's are catching up talent wise in football, and the kid has played in 2 varsity games, madison, and huntsville, so he is not sub-varsity.

by the way, some kids on sub-varsity teams are more athletic than varsity players. just wanted to put that out there.

twcpfan1
10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
i'm just saying, no matter how crooked the line is out here. the cav's are catching up talent wise in football, and the kid has played in 2 varsity games, madison, and huntsville, so he is not sub-varsity.

by the way, some kids on sub-varsity teams are more athletic than varsity players. just wanted to put that out there.

Thanks. I'm hoping to be there on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

azairman
10-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks. I'm hoping to be there on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

i will be there also on both nights, wish all the kids well, because i know a lot of them on both teams. really good kids and athletes out here, we as parents or fellow classmates should be proud of them.

by the way highlander fans, i always pull for the woodz in any sport, as long as they are not playing CP.

Houston Cougar
10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
"Well if you're so sure that it's going to be an embarrassing beatdown, save your gas and stay home. Why even make the trip? Unless somebody's going to hook you up with a ticket, chances are you won't get in anyway. In any case I'd much rather save the ticket for the people with a dog in the fight, not for the ones who would bicker and moan if the 'entertainment' isn't good enough. The Cougars are just down the freeway. Let them entertain you. Wait a sec. They can't even beat virtual High School teams like UTEP."

No one mentioned an embarassing beatdown - I am just saying that based on what I have seen from both teams, TW is a bigger stronger team provided both teams show up with their A game. We shall see Friday night. Should be a great game and, yes, I do have a ticket to the game!

twcpfan1
10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
"Well if you're so sure that it's going to be an embarrassing beatdown, save your gas and stay home. Why even make the trip? Unless somebody's going to hook you up with a ticket, chances are you won't get in anyway. In any case I'd much rather save the ticket for the people with a dog in the fight, not for the ones who would bicker and moan if the 'entertainment' isn't good enough. The Cougars are just down the freeway. Let them entertain you. Wait a sec. They can't even beat virtual High School teams like UTEP."

No one mentioned an embarassing beatdown - I am just saying that based on what I have seen from both teams, TW is a bigger stronger team provided both teams show up with their A game. We shall see Friday night. Should be a great game and, yes, I do have a ticket to the game!

You're lucky. I still don't have mine. Visitors tickets do not go on sale at the CP campus until Wednesday. I just hope my kid doesn't use the 6.00 I gave her for Taco Bell.

The Wood
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM

So should the CP sub-varsity be playing Friday night against TWHS, since you put it out here?

I always thought you put your best athletes on the field.

Stands junky
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM

you know whats funny the only really good team TWHS has played that has respect as well is Katy. to return Twhs has only played ONE! good team like us :rolleyes: so dont start thinking you guys are all that good being 5-0 ;) Playoffs are what matter, if woods had the rings ya'll would be good in my eyes, but yall dont..

Stands junky
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM
the woodlands high varsity is very talented, but college park's jv is going to beat the dog :Censor: out of the highlanders jv if that eaglin kid plays at quarterback, and not varsity. he is a stud. ask the cinco ranch coaches.

Just wait ;) Our younger teams are very very good and work well as team. talent is there and im telling you CP is just getting started, we will have a really good chance at being a district champ here the next 2 seasons :D. not saying the chance is not there now :cool:

azairman
10-06-2009, 06:10 AM
So should the CP sub-varsity be playing Friday night against TWHS, since you put it out here?

I always thought you put your best athletes on the field.

i see that you missed the point, i will tell you this, as far as pure athletes go, college park doesn't have a better one than this kid. not just football wise, but athleticly, basketball, and baseball are also options if he doesn't drop one of them. he is most surely a D1 ball player at something.

by the way, some of their sub-varsity has played in varsity games, college park is strong this year, the next 2 or 3 years, they will be crazy good.

twhfan#1
10-06-2009, 06:59 AM
60 % chance of thunderstorms Friday night

azairman
10-06-2009, 07:15 AM
60 % chance of thunderstorms Friday night

not good, would really hate to miss a really good football game, i will still get my ticket anyway just in case.

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
not good, would really hate to miss a really good football game, i will still get my ticket anyway just in case.

They cannot cancel a district game. We'll play Saturday if necessary or play through the rain until midnight if necessary. The heavy conditions might help College Park.

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:05 AM
They cannot cancel a district game. We'll play Saturday if necessary or play through the rain until midnight if necessary. The heavy conditions might help College Park.

good to know it can't be cancelled. the conditions won't matter though, if college park's defense doesn't tackle well, they could play on mars, and it's going to get ugly. they need to keep their offense on the field, limiting the highlanders offensive plays, and form tackle on defense. college park's offense will score points with parson's, osborne and company.

the question is, how many will our d give up ?

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM

or might not.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:14 AM
i see that you missed the point, i will tell you this, as far as pure athletes go, college park doesn't have a better one than this kid. not just football wise, but athleticly, basketball, and baseball are also options if he doesn't drop one of them. he is most surely a D1 ball player at something.

by the way, some of their sub-varsity has played in varsity games, college park is strong this year, the next 2 or 3 years, they will be crazy good.

There's not much to miss in the comment "by the way, some kids on sub-varsity teams are more athletic than varsity players."

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
the only really good team TWHS has played that has respect ... is Katy. Twhs has only played ONE! good team like us :rolleyes: so dont start thinking you guys are all that good being 5-0 ;) Playoffs are what matter, if woods had the rings ya'll would be good in my eyes, but yall dont..

Are the Highlanders good enough to be beat the Cavaliers?

And what is a Tranier, as in your name? I have visions of someone who secretly wants to wear the other team's jockstraps...

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
or might not.

the wood, i hope that your team's ego is not as big as yours, if so, they are in for it on friday. wet conditions will limit your main weapon because of the offense you run, his speed will be somewhat diminished, college park's offense is the ideal offense for wet conditions, so be careful what you ask for.

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
good to know it can't be cancelled. the conditions won't matter though, if college park's defense doesn't tackle well, they could play on mars, and it's going to get ugly. they need to keep their offense on the field, limiting the highlanders offensive plays, and form tackle on defense. college park's offense will score points with parson's, osborne and company.

the question is, how many will our d give up ?

Guessing some kids who have not played on the D side of the ball so far this year will do so in this game. It's a spread offense so it's not possible to stop everything. Their best bet is to load up at the line and try and stop Lasco and make life difficult for Eckel. It's almost imperative that we score TD's at the end of every possession. If the Woodz D holds, we're in trouble. I'm predicting a basketball score. Hopefully a close one in our favor.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
the wood, i hope that your team's ego is not as big as yours, if so, they are in for it on friday. wet conditions will limit your main weapon because of the offense you run, his speed will be somewhat diminished, college park's offense is the ideal offense for wet conditions, so be careful what you ask for.

hehehe...in wet conditions would you rather run a finesse "hide and ride" the football type of offense or just hand it straight off to a guy that runs North-South at the rate of about 10.9 in a hundred meters? He may need a parachute to stop in the endzone in wet conditions, but we can live with that.

What I wish for is watching your team fumble the wet ball on more than one occasion...if you do...you'll likely lose.

And regarding the ego thing, the team doesn't have it. They're just playing each game like it was the last.

But on the other hand,

I AM THE WOOD!

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
There's not much to miss in the comment "by the way, some kids on sub-varsity teams are more athletic than varsity players."

well it's true, take it however you want to.......

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
For anybody who has not read the possible playoff matchups thread, first prize in this game is a 2nd rd matchup with RRSP. 2nd prize is being thrown in the bracket with Desoto and Skyline.

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
hehehe...in wet conditions would you rather run a finesse "hide and ride" the football type of offense or just hand it straight off to a guy that runs North-South at the rate of about 10.9 in a hundred meters?

What I wish for is watching your fumble the wet ball on more than one occasion...if you do...you lose.

our quarteback doesn't fumble, he the best in the area if you haven't noticed. what do you mean hand it off, you had to direct snap it to him to get your offense started in almost every game.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
well it's true, take it however you want to.......

I have that right...and I have exercised it.

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
For anybody who has not read the possible playoff matchups thread, first prize in this game is a 2nd rd matchup with RRSP. 2nd prize is being thrown in the bracket with Desoto and Skyline.

hey the wood,

will your ego be as big if you guys have to go round rock again this year, that 10.9 speed didn't seem to matter last year, or in the lufkin game either.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:34 AM
our quarteback doesn't fumble, he the best in the area if you haven't noticed. what do you mean hand it off, you had to direct snap it to him to get your offense started in almost every game.

And when it starts...it's very hard to stop...wouldn't you agree?

I know it was last year, but Lasco was playing...do you remember the Woodies first play from scrimmage?

The Wood
10-06-2009, 08:36 AM
hey the wood,

will your ego be as big if you guys have to go round rock again this year, that 10.9 speed didn't seem to matter last year, or in the lufkin game either.

Let us go where <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">fate directs us.

azairman
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Let us go where <INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>fate directs us.

hopefully it directs you right to stony point again, afterwards, you will be at home "again" after a failed playoff run.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
hopefully it directs you right to stony point again, afterwards, you will be at home "again" after a failed playoff run.

hahaha...nice. And where were you exactly sir at that same time?

Here's some extra incentive for you because you appear a little flat to me right now...

Friday, October 10, 2008 (07:30 PM)
The Woodlands Highlanders 42, College Park Cavaliers 17

Name Att Yds Avg Lng TD
#1 Lasco, Daniel 14 196 14.0 79 2

azairman
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Here's some extra incentive for you because you appear a little flat to me right now...

Name Att Yds Avg Lng TD

and what was the score or stats the year before that ? exactly!!!!

azairman
10-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Name Att Yds Avg Lng TD

underestimation of a team with similar types of athletes will be your downfall this friday, to point out also, we think the coaching is better on our side. our quarterback is better, and healthy now. your running back is good, but if he is limited, let's be honest, you have nothing else to fear. so be careful what you ask for, college park is a well-balanced, very disciplined football team.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 09:34 AM
underestimation of a team with similar types of athletes will be your downfall this friday, to point out also, we think the coaching is better on our side. our quarterback is better, and healthy now. your running back is good, but if he is limited, let's be honest, you have nothing else to fear. so be careful what you ask for, college park is a well-balanced, very disciplined football team.

I have never intimated otherwise. So therefore...WE AGREE! And I don't underestimate your team...just have confidence in ours.

Houston Cougar
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
azairman,

Based on the option scheme CP runs, you should hope it does not rain. If it does rain, expect CP to cough the ball up SEVERAL times. Nothing against CP, but a wet ball and wet hands do not go well together.

Also, based on UIL rules, if you play the same team in the playoffs two years in a row, the game will be played at the opposite location from which the game was played the previous year. That means if TW plays RRSP in the playoffs this year, the contest would be held at The Bank.

If Conroe does not make the playoffs this year, would CP be in the D1 bracket? If that is the case and CP wins friday night, CP could be playing RRSP. If CP loses friday night, CP could be playing Klein Forest and Skyline. Either way, tough road for CP. If I were a CP fan, I would be cheering LOUDLY for Conroe in their game against Oak Ridge. If Conroe wins, CP would proabably go D2. If Oakridge wins, CP goes D1. Since sarcasm seems to run high with CP posters, I am going to cheer for Oak Ridge. GO OAK RIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wood
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
azairman,

Based on the option scheme CP runs, you should hope it does not rain. If it does rain, expect CP to cough the ball up SEVERAL times. Nothing against CP, but a wet ball and wet hands do not go well together.

Also, based on UIL rules, if you play the same team in the playoffs two years in a row, the game will be played at the opposite location from which the game was played the previous year. That means if TW plays RRSP in the playoffs this year, the contest would be held at The Bank.

If Conroe does not make the playoffs this year, would CP be in the D1 bracket? If that is the case and CP wins friday night, CP could be playing RRSP. If CP loses friday night, CP could be playing Klein Forest and Skyline. Either way, tough road for CP. If I were a CP fan, I would be cheering LOUDLY for Conroe in their game against Oak Ridge. If Conroe wins, CP would proabably go D2. If Oakridge wins, CP goes D1. Since sarcasm seems to run high with CP posters, I am going to cheer for Oak Ridge. GO OAK RIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I have never exhibited a wee bit of sarcasm myself (:o) but Houston Cougar hits the nail on the head regarding wet field conditions and the CP/TWHS offenses. And that's no slight on Parson's or his group...just a lot of switcheroo going on and you have to be a dang near a magician to do it in good weather. But anyone can fumble on any given play, so keep the rock and your chances of winning sure look better.

And nice take on the playoff scenario hc...I believe it's a foregone conclusion that this region goes through RRSP. If the Highlanders get lucky enough to advance past game 1, the road looks better without SP...however, we'd be happy with a shot at redemption for our poor performance last year.

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
azairman,

What did you expect. You've been implying all along that CP does not measure up and will get wiped out. How did you want the CP fans to respond to that? 'Oh you're right. We suck. We hope the Volleyball team does better'. Is that better? Will that make us more realistic?

As for the playoffs, we're just hoping we make it. I don't think we care where we end up. So we're not going to start worrying about how the CHS - ORHS game will affect us. But it's nice of you to let us know that you're hoping we end up where we are most likely to get smoked. Enjoy the game. Hope we can hang on to the ball and not embarass ourselves.

EasTex10
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
What did you expect. You've been implying all along that CP does not measure up and will get wiped out. How did you want the CP fans to respond to that? 'Oh you're right. We suck. We hope the Volleyball team does better'. Is that better? Will that make us more realistic?

As for the playoffs, we're just hoping we make it. I don't think we care where we end up. So we're not going to start worrying about how the CHS - ORHS game will affect us. But it's nice of you to let us know that you're hoping we end up where we are most likely to get smoked. Enjoy the game. Hope we can hang on to the ball and not embarass ourselves.

IMO, this game will be a lot closer than most want to acknowledge. If games are won on ranking then you don't stand a chance and neither do we:D

CP could easily have been 5-0 with a few breaks and outside of Katy, looks as if CP may have played a tougher pre-district schedule?

Not going to predict a winner, just think it'll be close. Statement game for both teams. Besides we are hoping you guys expose those deep dark secret weapons we keep hearing about so we'll have a chance on OCT 30;)

The Wood
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
IMO, this game will be a lot closer than most want to acknowledge. If games are won on ranking then you don't stand a chance and neither do we:D

CP could easily have been 5-0 with a few breaks and outside of Katy, looks as if CP may have played a tougher pre-district schedule?

Not going to predict a winner, just think it'll be close. Statement game for both teams. Besides we are hoping you guys expose those deep dark secret weapons we keep hearing about so we'll have a chance on OCT 30;)
lol. EasTex10...if we showed ya they wouldn't be secret!

EasTex10
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
lol. EasTex10...if we showed ya they wouldn't be secret!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy;)

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Are the Highlanders good enough to be beat the Cavaliers?

And what is a Tranier, as in your name? I have visions of someone who secretly wants to wear the other team's jockstraps...

Its not anything i wanted to hide. yes i wanted to play and play real bad but i didn't. and you know what i had a alot of fun being a Trainer, i was still part of the team just diff role. I do not regret AT ALL what i did in high school. so dont go shooting me down my friend...
And yes the Cavaliers are good enough to beat the highlanders, but we have to wait and see

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Going to be a great Game my friend :D

twhfan#1
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM

rain wont stop game --- but lightning will -- since travel not a concern -- game could be played Sat if necessary --hopefully front will either be early or delayed -- say hit about 1100 pm Fri night or about 300 Fri afternoon -- supposed to be beautiful , cool weather behind the front

Gator4ever
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't have a pony in this show but if I did it would be CP. I think and I watch video and I see a lot of great football ability from CP. My guess is either 27-21 CP or 34-17 TWH.

Gator4ever

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
rain wont stop game --- but lightning will -- since travel not a concern -- game could be played Sat if necessary --hopefully front will either be early or delayed -- say hit about 1100 pm Fri night or about 300 Fri afternoon -- supposed to be beautiful , cool weather behind the front

50's predicted for Saturday.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Its not anything i wanted to hide. yes i wanted to play and play real bad but i didn't. and you know what i had a alot of fun being a Trainer, i was still part of the team just diff role. I do not regret AT ALL what i did in high school. so dont go shooting me down my friend...
And yes the Cavaliers are good enough to beat the highlanders, but we have to wait and see

Dude, you gotta know I was just messing with your misspelling of the word TRAINER for Tranier. I'm crass, but my intent was not to poke fun of your being a trainer, with all seriousness.

I respect what you do as a trainer, please know that's true...it's a big part of the team. And playing football isn't for everyone...it's not even for some of those that are suiting up! Please forgive me if I insulted you or you felt my shot was uncalled for...just messing with the spelling thing.

So wudya say we both just wish for a safe and well-played game Friday night, and may the best team win?...and when it's over I'll pull for y'all, and you pull for us...I will do that and you and all CP should know it's true, (even if you are not inclined to do so...I will).

The Wood
10-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't have a pony in this show but if I did it would be CP. I think and I watch video and I see a lot of great football ability from CP. My guess is either 27-21 CP or 34-17 TWH.

Gator4ever

How about 27-20 CP; or, 84-12 TWHS; or 7-2 CP; or 28-9 TWHS; or 26-3 CP in overtime?

Do you have trouble making up your mind?

Check ____ Yes
Check ____ No
Check ____ Maybe

THINK DAMMIT!

txfootball6
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
just like to clarify lasco runs more around a 10.4 in the 100:notworthy

The Wood
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Facts and figures...like I said earlier, he's scary fast.

thatboycommin
10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
The Woodlands gets my vote. I wish I was there to see the game good luck to both teams regardless.

C-DUB
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Lasco ran 10.4 in the 100 meter? Where?

twhfan#1
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Lasco ran 10.4 in the 100 meter? Where?

track

C-DUB
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
track

I check the UIL State 5A Track & Field Championships for the 100M Finals.
Didn't see his name?

http://tx.dyestat.com//?pg=reg3-2008-Outdoor-TX-State-Meet-5A-Results&PHPSESSID=c72fbda3fc447d52adb0baaa94d575ff

Just looking for the result.

txfootball6
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
he didnt run much track last year b/c of an injury, but he ran a 9.92 on the fly timed by lasers pre track season

skeptic
10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I understand that CP has a very good QB, so...
"My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."--Bowden Wyatt/Tennesse

Seriously, hope for a great game in great football weather with no injuries.
Watch out for cross country runners Saturday morning. The people you see leaving at halftime will be the cross country teams. Nike South is Saturday morning in The Woodz and coaches told them they have to leave at the half. As a result, we have to take two cars. I don't leave at the half...ever, and I'm a former Highstepper Mom.

TWHS10
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
"My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."--Bowden Wyatt/Tennesse

Watch out for cross country runners Saturday morning. The people you see leaving at halftime will be the cross country teams. Nike South is Saturday morning in The Woodz and coaches told them they have to leave at the half. As a result, we have to take two cars. I don't leave at the half...ever, and I'm a former Highstepper Mom.

that really sucks....how are they going to know? but anyways good luck to the woodlands cross country team saturday morning!!

twcpfan1
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
that really sucks....how are they going to know? but anyways good luck to the woodlands cross country team saturday morning!!

Quite frankly, they should have Sarah Andrews stay up late to give the rest of the field an unfair advantage. Just to make the race interesting for her. Probably won't help though.

What an amazing athlete.

TWHS10
10-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Quite frankly, they should have Sarah Andrews stay up late to give the rest of the field an unfair advantage. Just to make the race interesting for her. Probably won't help though.

What an amazing athlete.

she was on the cover of the last issue of ESPN rise, and she walks by it everyday on the way to practice and just laughs. She is a super athlete, i do agree with you

LPack007
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM

It might not matter if we don't have Quinn.:(

The Wood
10-06-2009, 09:54 PM
It might not matter if we don't have Quinn.:(
What happened to Quinn?

And by the way, a hint on the secret...Chad Lindsey will be wearing #42 and lining up in the slot! He's got great hands, good speed and...he's 6'3" and 285 lbs.

The Wood
10-06-2009, 09:58 PM
he didnt run much track last year b/c of an injury, but he ran a 9.92 on the fly timed by lasers pre track season
I know 9.9 is a good number, but he's gotta get blocking to make a difference!

LPack007
10-06-2009, 10:12 PM
What happened to Quinn?

And by the way, a hint on the secret...Chad Lindsey will be wearing #42 and lining up in the slot! He's got great hands, good speed and...he's 6'3" and 285 lbs.

Still recovering after Hernia Surgery.

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Dude, you gotta know I was just messing with your misspelling of the word TRAINER for Tranier. I'm crass, but my intent was not to poke fun of your being a trainer, with all seriousness.I respect what you do as a trainer, please know that's true...it's a big part of the team. And playing football isn't for everyone...it's not even for some of those that are suiting up! Please forgive me if I insulted you or you felt my shot was uncalled for...just messing with the spelling thing.

So wudya say we both just wish for a safe and well-played game Friday night, and may the best team win?...and when it's over I'll pull for y'all, and you pull for us...I will do that and you and all CP should know it's true, (even if you are not inclined to do so...I will).

lol gosh this is like the 4th time i havent taken a joke lol ...:o Btw i didnt look at my name when i made this profile untill 4 weeks later...:p oppes :ninja:

TWHS10
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
lol gosh this is like the 4th time i havent taken a joke lol ...:o Btw i didnt look at my name when i made this profile untill 4 weeks later...:p oppes :ninja:

way. to. go. :)

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 10:31 PM
way. to. go. :)

Lol thanks, I may be on the field friday you working the game?

TWHS10
10-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Lol thanks, I may be on the field friday you working the game?

i am, but i have locker room duties in the beginning, but when the teams go out for warm ups, i usually go to the visitor side of the field to stand...

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
i am, but i have locker room duties in the beginning, but when the teams go out for warm ups, i usually go to the visitor side of the field to stand...

Cool ill prob hang out by the locker doors by the NAT, then just around lol.

Green Lantern
10-06-2009, 10:38 PM
i'm just saying, no matter how crooked the line is out here. the cav's are catching up talent wise in football, .

Just wait ;) Our younger teams are very very good and work well as team. talent is there and im telling you CP is just getting started, we will have a really good chance at being a district champ here the next 2 seasons :D. not saying the chance is not there now :cool:

These statements are kind of funny. I looked up the past three years of subvarsity football and the Highlanders are 11-2. Add the varsity games and it is 12-3. Please explain to me how this is "catching up" to The Woodlands. The CP subvarsity teams are a combined 6-8-2 so far this year while the TWH subvarsity teams are a combined 15-1-1. The CP Freshman A team is 0-4! I'm guessing the Highlanders will again win at least 3 of the 4 subvarsity games this week if not all four. But go ahead and believe all that "we're closing the gap" stuff.

TWHS10
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Cool ill prob hang out by the locker doors by the NAT, then just around lol.

sounds cool, i will probably end up runnin into you at one point

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
These statements are kind of funny. I looked up the past three years of subvarsity football and the Highlanders are 11-2. Add the varsity games and it is 12-3. Please explain to me how this is "catching up" to The Woodlands. The CP subvarsity teams are a combined 6-8-2 so far this year while the TWH subvarsity teams are a combined 15-1-1. The CP Freshman A team is 0-4! I'm guessing the Highlanders will again win at least 3 of the 4 subvarsity games this week if not all four. But go ahead and believe all that "we're closing the gap" stuff.

Ok well 1st... CP likes to keep its talent spread out and on diff teams. mainly so they can have playing time, if they are not on the V team already ;), 2nd We've got really really good players on the lower teams that are smart, play well, and well coached. 3rd, the loses the CP woods team have been close for the most part, some yes have gotten out of hand but One of CP's greatest moments came in the 2008 TWHS CPHS JV GAME, the game had the Energy of a V game and everyone was in it. so Woods may lead right now but Things are changing. PS our fishs are not very good. 2012-2015 is going to be a hard time for CP

Green Lantern
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Ok well 1st... CP likes to keep its talent spread out and on diff teams. mainly so they can have playing time, if they are not on the V team already ;), 2nd We've got really really good players on the lower teams that are smart, play well, and well coached. 3rd, the loses the CP woods team have been close for the most part, some yes have gotten out of hand but One of CP's greatest moments came in the 2008 TWHS CPHS JV GAME, the game had the Energy of a V game and everyone was in it. so Woods may lead right now but Things are changing. PS our fishs are not very good. 2012-2015 is going to be a hard time for CP

And CP is the only school to spread out its talent to make sure everyone plays? Last year's JV game was 50-15 in favor of TWH. I was at that JV game in 2007 (not 2008 as you mentioned) where CP won. But, it didn't seem to help them last year when most of those players got beat 42-17 at the varsity level. But at least those guys can talk about the glory years when they beat the Highlanders in a jv game. My point is that I've been hearing about how great it's going to be at CP ever since it opened but yet I haven't seen it.

Stands junky
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
And CP is the only school to spread out its talent to make sure everyone plays? Last year's JV game was 50-15 in favor of TWH. I was at that JV game in 2007 (not 2008 as you mentioned) where CP won. But, it didn't seem to help them last year when most of those players got beat 42-17 at the varsity level. But at least those guys can talk about the glory years when they beat the Highlanders in a jv game. My point is that I've been hearing about how great it's going to be at CP ever since it opened but yet I haven't seen it.

Maybe its not getting there in football just yet, things will work out in time. but in the other sports we've taken over the talent, and the wins ;). Need me to Explain which sports or no. soooo dont go saying CP is not all that good. :cool:

Gator4ever
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey Wood,

I know it's difficult for you to fathom that CP has a great team and a solid coach. It's gonna really bust your lemon when they pop the cork and celebrate after the game...lol.

If you decide to jump off a bridge after the game I'm here to tell you that there are low bridges around town and that may save you in the end but be assured that CP will "represent" and ain't nuttin we write here is gonna change "THAT".

Let me change my prediction kind sir and have your attention post game...lol.

It's gonna be CP 28 and.....TW........ 27

teXan
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM

Speaking of Nike, they're at TWHS all this week covering the Highlander football team. They're filming a special about the lead up to the game against CP. Way to go, CP...you've been recognized as someone's opponent.

teXan
10-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey Wood,

I know it's difficult for you to fathom that CP has a great team and a solid coach. It's gonna really bust your lemon when they pop the cork and celebrate after the game...lol.

If you decide to jump off a bridge after the game I'm here to tell you that there are low bridges around town and that may save you in the end but be assured that CP will "represent" and ain't nuttin we write here is gonna change "THAT".

I would give that win the same credence I have the 15-13 win by Lufkin last year or the 9-7 win by Katy over North Shore this year...not much.

teXan
10-06-2009, 11:35 PM

If CP is spreading out talent, how do you account for so many losses? What does that say about 15-1-1 for TW subvarsity? I think TW is the one who really spreads the talent because all teams are winning like mad men (and women...girl kicker on JV1).

Gator4ever
10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
If Clear Lake can score 27 points aginst TW I see no problem with CP doing the same plus one.

Remember it's a really simple concept in football about a one game affair. All ya gotta be is the best team in the stadium on the one night that the one game is played. Woodlands or CP ain't playing on paper or history cause it's official that whoever scores more points wins. Just ask "Wood" he's gotta a math edumacation...lol.

Gator4ever

teXan
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
If Clear Lake can score 27 points aginst TW I see no problem with CP doing the same plus one.

Remember it's a really simple concept in football about a one game affair. All ya gotta be is the best team in the stadium on the one night that the one game is played. Woodlands or CP ain't playing on paper or history cause it's official that whoever scores more points wins. Just ask "Wood" he's gotta a math edumacation...lol.

Gator4ever

Stats are silly but I just heard some good ones a little while ago. Forgive me because these are hearsay and I didn't memorize or write them down but they're similar to this:

CP Average PPG - 25
TW Average PPG - 36

CP Average PPGA - 17
TW Average PPGA - 15

Feel free to correct with actual numbers but they're pretty close to this and I've imbibed too much tonight to care to look them up.

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Well we must be getting close to game time. We've reached the point where we're all trying to see who can piss the farthest. Up to and including which highest profile corporate giant visits which campus.

1. Since when did subvarsity and Junior High results count? The only stat that matters is 2-1 TWHS in football. It's the slimmest of margins. I seem to recall all the talk about last year's group not having lost a game since 7th grade. (not sure what the reason was for why the 2 losses to CP in 07 did not count) But as it turns out, the subvarsity success did not quite spill over to the level that actually counts.

2. While we're currently slightly behind in football, the other major team sports are being dominated by TWCP at the moment. Baseball 5-0 the last 5 meetings (season sweep), Boys and Girls Basketball (we probably don't even want to talk about the lifetime series in that one). We're doing ok in volleyball too. But sure. TWHS owns the LSC. Very impressive. Equally impressive is how far TWCP has come along athletically in competing for area honors.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Well we must be getting close to game time. We've reached the point where we're all trying to see who can piss the farthest. Up to and including which highest profile corporate giant visits which campus.

1. Since when did subvarsity and Junior High results count? The only stat that matters is 2-1 TWHS in football. It's the slimmest of margins. I seem to recall all the talk about last year's group not having lost a game since 7th grade. (not sure what the reason was for why the 2 losses to CP in 07 did not count) But as it turns out, the subvarsity success did not quite spill over to the level that actually counts.

2. While we're currently slightly behind in football, the other major team sports are being dominated by TWCP at the moment. Baseball 5-0 the last 5 meetings (season sweep), Boys and Girls Basketball (we probably don't even want to talk about the lifetime series in that one). We're doing ok in volleyball too. But sure. TWHS owns the LSC. Very impressive. Equally impressive is how far TWCP has come along athletically in competing for area honors.

HAHAHAHAHA :D. CP boys lost both games to TWHS in 2007, CP was 2nd in district off the 2nd season. We are now the current 2 time district champ (08 9-1, 09. 10-0) :cool: Girls have beat the Twhs team everytime they've played them :D 3 time district champs. PS Both boys/girls teams have won countless other tourny's ;)

The Wood
10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey Wood,

Said as much myself a couple a times...team and coaches worthy.

Agree: nothing we write will change it.

Concern: Homecoming and film crew from Nike are distractions

Belief: No one jumps off bridges in TW.

Other belief: TW will win the game.

Not concerned about: you being here after the game.

Good luck too all!

The Wood
10-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Still recovering after Hernia Surgery.
Yeow! Hope he recovers fine.

azairman
10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
If CP is spreading out talent, how do you account for so many losses? What does that say about 15-1-1 for TW subvarsity? I think TW is the one who really spreads the talent because all teams are winning like mad men (and women...girl kicker on JV1).

if that eaglin kids hits her on the extra point, she won't be playing football anymore. ask #81 from cinco ranch's jv

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Said as much myself a couple a times...team and coaches worthy.

Agree: nothing we write will change it.

Concern: Homecoming and film crew from Nike are distractions

Belief: No one jumps off bridges in TW.

Other belief: TW will win the game.

Not concerned about: you being here after the game.

Good luck too all!

Carson is a very good coach, no doubt and has done a great job both as AD and HC. I do however think that all the talk from TWHS fans (you're not one of them) and fans on this board about Schmid being inferior in comparison is a little off, maybe even a little unfair. Schmid has the head to head advantage with 2 blowout wins. He went from 3-8 (with a suicide schedule and the impact on the senior talent of the TW-CP split) one year to 9-2 the following year by installing a brand new offense. Not easy, I would imagine. How many critical games has he really lost that he should have won? Maybe RR McNeil in 04, the first year he took over the HC job. All other playoff losses were to teams that went very deep in the playoffs. Maybe Lufkin last year and Conroe the year before. How many coaches have perfect records against lower ranked teams. Obviously, I'm not close to the program and unfamiliar with the internal goings on. But based on the results on paper, he has not done that badly. Not at all.

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 07:39 AM

I see what you did here:

Response to #1 - You are right, sub varsity and Jr high results don't matter.
Response to #2 - Shouldn't you see your #1 as a reference?

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
I see what you did here:

Since somebody made a remark about CP's relative relevance as it relates to Nike's visit, not to mention other references to subvarsity teams, I thought it appropriate on one post to bring up the overall athletic rivalry. We do things a little different here. The other athletic programs as well as band, drill team and cheer aren't backdrops or supporting acts for the football program. They get equal time. But I do understand it is a varsity football message board. so feel free to steer the discussion back that way. 2-1 TWHS.

azairman
10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I see what you did here:

i see we have people that don't know much about athletes or high school athletics. some sub-varsity players are varsity material but a lot of factors come into play. kids that have been playing 3 years in high school will probably get the nod on varsity just because it is the right thing to do for them by coach's in the kid's senior year. and as the other poster said earlier, why take a talented kid, and sit him on the sidelines in a varsity setting, he doesn't get any reps that way.

some sub-varsity players are without a doubt varsity material, and college park has a lot of them. and guess what, a lot of them are sophmores,and they are very, very, athletic and agile. the houston area is going to be in trouble the next 2 years, just watch.

The Wood
10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Carson is a very good coach, no doubt and has done a great job both as AD and HC. I do however think that all the talk from TWHS fans (you're not one of them) and fans on this board about Schmid being inferior in comparison is a little off, maybe even a little unfair. Schmid has the head to head advantage with 2 blowout wins. He went from 3-8 (with a suicide schedule and the impact on the senior talent of the TW-CP split) one year to 9-2 the following year by installing a brand new offense. Not easy, I would imagine. How many critical games has he really lost that he should have won? Maybe RR McNeil in 04, the first year he took over the HC job. All other playoff losses were to teams that went very deep in the playoffs. Maybe Lufkin last year and Conroe the year before. How many coaches have perfect records against lower ranked teams. Obviously, I'm not close to the program and unfamiliar with the internal goings on. But based on the results on paper, he has not done that badly. Not at all.

From the AD standpoint there's absolutely no way anyone could be down on Schmid. We've talked about winning the Lone Star Cup three of the last four years and winning the ESPN Rise National Championship last year. Those are notable feats and although Schmid has a ton of good athletes in a variety of sports and they have a great support base, so do many other schools in the state and the US. They schedule good teams/tourneys and they win most of the time. Mark is a very good AD, perhaps a bit fortuitously so by lhis school/ocation, but also arguably the best in the state. And Mark is a gentleman and a very good guy.

As for coaching, you made several points in your post that I only reflected upon after my son graduated last year, just prior to this football season. I'm still involved, just not as committed as I was, so my judgment may be better now.There were several factors that played into the 3-8 season in 2007. It was a tough year, we had a lot of talent but seemed "out of place" a lot of the time. And the schedule was ridiculously tough....5 of the 10 teams we played were in the State top ten during the year. The two games you mentioned were probably the exact games that I really questioned the most. I just think they were bad days...players, coaches and play-calling. It happens. Sometimes you just get beat...and it's a team thing.

The new offense and defense from 2008 allowed coaches and players to benefit from their strengths...primarily speed and athleticism.

Offensively, our inexperience with the spread cost us as the 2008 season wore on, especially against Lufkin when we were 8-0, and I think a good deal of that was coaching, not just Mark, but the staff as a whole. But he's the head coach so, yeah...but it was one game...a huge game, but just one game. There were individual plays called that were questionable, there were plays that were not called that should have been called...but that's the armchair in me working. Overall, he's successful.

Defensively, no complaints at all last year. Pat Kennedy did a very good job...I disagreed with a few things but they had the top-rated defense in the state of Texas, so, I'll get over it. This year, they're getting better as time goes on, hopefully Nick Krewe can come back soon and add some extra talent at OLB.

Since the new offenses and defenses were installed in 2008, TWHS Highlanders are 14-2. No matter where you are, if you complain about that, you just complain for complainings sake. But they gotta win the big games to be top dog...and so far, that hasn't always happened...but there's no way it will always happen.

EasTex10
10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
What happened to Quinn?

Quinn will be back next week. Won't play against New Caney though.

About C. Lindsey.....:eek:

azairman
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
From the AD standpoint there's absolutely no way anyone could be down on Schmid. We've talked about winning the Lone Star Cup three of the last four years and winning the ESPN Rise National Championship last year. Those are notable feats and although Schmid has a ton of good athletes in a variety of sports and they have a great support base, so do many other schools in the state and the US. They schedule good teams/tourneys and they win most of the time. Mark is a very good AD, perhaps a bit fortuitously so by lhis school/ocation, but also arguably the best in the state. And Mark is a gentleman and a very good guy.

As for coaching, you made several points in your post that I only reflected upon after my son graduated last year, just prior to this football season. I'm still involved, just not as committed as I was, so my judgment may be better now.There were several factors that played into the 3-8 season in 2007. It was a tough year, we had a lot of talent but seemed "out of place" a lot of the time. And the schedule was ridiculously tough....5 of the 10 teams we played were in the State top ten during the year. The two games you mentioned were probably the exact games that I really questioned the most. I just think they were bad days...players, coaches and play-calling. It happens. Sometimes you just get beat...and it's a team thing.

The new offense and defense from 2008 allowed coaches and players to benefit from their strengths...primarily speed and athleticism.

Offensively, our inexperience with the spread cost us as the 2008 season wore on, especially against Lufkin when we were 8-0, and I think a good deal of that was coaching, not just Mark, but the staff as a whole. But he's the head coach so, yeah...but it was one game...a huge game, but just one game. There were individual plays called that were questionable, there were plays that were not called that should have been called...but that's the armchair in me working. Overall, he's successful.

Defensively, no complaints at all last year. Pat Kennedy did a very good job...I disagreed with a few things but they had the top-rated defense in the state of Texas, so, I'll get over it. This year, they're getting better as time goes on, hopefully Nick Krewe can come back soon and add some extra talent at OLB.

Since the new offenses and defenses were installed in 2008, TWHS Highlanders are 14-2. No matter where you are, if you complain about that, you just complain for complainings sake. But they gotta win the big games to be top dog...and so far, that hasn't always happened...but there's no way it will always happen.

inexperience didn't cost you the losses in those two games, more athletic kids on the other team did. if your great running back's speed can be matched, and he can't get outside, you guys don't win games. point blank.

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
i see we have people that don't know much about athletes or high school athletics. some sub-varsity players are varsity material but a lot of factors come into play. kids that have been playing 3 years in high school will probably get the nod on varsity just because it is the right thing to do for them by coach's in the kid's senior year. and as the other poster said earlier, why take a talented kid, and sit him on the sidelines in a varsity setting, he doesn't get any reps that way.

some sub-varsity players are without a doubt varsity material, and college park has a lot of them. and guess what, a lot of them are sophmores,and they are very, very, athletic and agile. the houston area is going to be in trouble the next 2 years, just watch.

Huh?

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Since somebody made a remark about CP's relative relevance as it relates to Nike's visit, not to mention other references to subvarsity teams, I thought it appropriate on one post to bring up the overall athletic rivalry. We do things a little different here. The other athletic programs as well as band, drill team and cheer aren't backdrops or supporting acts for the football program. They get equal time. But I do understand it is a varsity football message board. so feel free to steer the discussion back that way. 2-1 TWHS.

Yes that is one of the biggest things carson tries to do for CP. build a school where everyone respects ones role, from band to starting QB. he keeps every thing in check. he fills the needs if any for not just football, V-ball, and both boys and girls ball.

azairman
10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Huh?

i bet the woodlands, round rock stony point, skyline, lufkin, or even northshore (because you guys won't beat them twice) would beg to differ.

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
i bet the woodlands, round rock stony point, skyline, lufkin, or even northshore (because you guys won't beat them twice) would beg to differ.

I was lost after your first post back there and this one pushes me even further into the forest of lost. What are you talking about?

The Wood
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
inexperience didn't cost you the losses in those two games, more athletic kids on the other team did. if your great running back's speed can be matched, and he can't get outside, you guys don't win games. point blank.

Let me be specific for you so you will know the truth, Master Point Blank:

Lasco scores most of his points between the tackles. That is not outside. He is actually even more dangerous off his guards Chad and Adam...big, strong and tough guys who push people around. Ask the Katy guys...Lasco's dangerous up the gut...he may break it outside once cleared of the LOS, but he rarely just takes a sweep to the house (but he damn sure can). Once open his speed wins...have not seen his speed matched by a defender yet.

I know for a fact I won't see it matched this Friday night.

azairman
10-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I was lost after your first post back there and this one pushes me even further into the forest of lost. What are you talking about?

i'm talking about katy isn't better than any of those aboved mentioned teams. but anyway, this is a cp and highlander thread. What are your thoughts about that game ?

The Wood
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, me too Flee.

Isn't there some rule about drinking ripple in kindergarten?

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
i'm talking about katy isn't better than any of those aboved mentioned teams. but anyway, this is a cp and highlander thread. What are your thoughts about that game ?

Well Katy beat one of the above mentioned teams so I would have to disagree. As far as this game goes, if the Woodlands shows up and plays a good game, regardless of how CP plays, then the Woodlands wins by 24. If the Woodlands doesn't show up and has a bad game, regardless of how CP plays, then the Woodlands wins by 7-10.

azairman
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Let me be specific for you so you will know the truth, Master Point Blank:

Lasco scores most of his points between the tackles. That is not outside. He is actually even more dangerous off his guards Chad and Adam...big, strong and tough guys who push people around. Ask the Katy guys...Lasco's dangerous up the gut...he may break it outside once cleared of the LOS, but he rarely just takes a sweep to the house (but he damn sure can). Once open his speed wins...have not seen his speed matched by a defender yet.

I know for a fact I won't see it matched this Friday night.

don't get me wrong, i love watching your human highlight reel. but go watch the game film from last year, he broke loose once against lufkin, and no times against stony point

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah, me too Flee.

Isn't there some rule about drinking ripple in kindergarten?

I still have no clue where the hell that stuff came from or what the hell he was talking about.

azairman
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Well Katy beat one of the above mentioned teams so I would have to disagree. As far as this game goes, if the Woodlands shows up and plays a good game, regardless of how CP plays, then the Woodlands wins by 24. If the Woodlands doesn't show up and has a bad game, regardless of how CP plays, then the Woodlands wins by 7-10.

reading is comprehension, notice the words "beat them twice" was used. and this game is going to be a lot closer than some of you may think.

azairman
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I still have no clue where the hell that stuff came from or what the hell he was talking about.

i noticed fleeman, you and your new girlfriend wood always give the opposing team bulletin board material, guess what, cp doesn't need it to get ready to play this game

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
reading is comprehension, notice the words "beat them twice" was used. and this game is going to be a lot closer than some of you may think.

Pretty sure I could comprehend what you were saying if it made any sense at all. Can you point out where "beat them twice" was used in this thread by you and point out what relevance it had to the post I made which was to make fun of TWCP guy for contradicting himself in said post?

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
i noticed fleeman, you and your new girlfriend wood always give the opposing team bulletin board material, guess what, cp doesn't need it to get ready to play this game

By this post I can tell you are probably about 14 or so. I have no idea why I am even wasting my time with you. My new girlfriend Wood? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You asked for my thoughts on the game and I gave them. So you think it will be closer than I expect it to be and I think the Woodlands will have little to no problems with CP.

The Wood
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
By this post I can tell you are probably about 14 or so. I have no idea why I am even wasting my time with you. My new girlfriend Wood? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You asked for my thoughts on the game and I gave them. So you think it will be closer than I expect it to be and I think the Woodlands will have little to no problems with CP.

Damn Flee...our parents are gonna freak!

Just let azairhead go...I'm gonna. Idjit.

azairman
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM

why are you on this thread anyway, didn't our crosstown rivals already take care of your overrated team. the girlfriend comment was a joke, it's not that serious.

ftballin11
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
why are you on this thread anyway, didn't our crosstown rivals already take care of your overrated team. the girlfriend comment was a joke, it's not that serious.

The woodz did last year too, but it turned out ok for Katy.

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 11:02 AM

So in your infinite wisdom you are saying that if a fan's team isn't mentioned in the thread title then that fan has no business reading or making comments in the thread? Just want to be clear about what you think proper etiquette is on this board.

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
The woodz did last year too, but it turned out ok for Katy.

I was going to say but left that alone. I don't have time to look it up but how did CP do in the playoffs last year?

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
In an attempt to get this thread back on track..

On paper and given the pre district results so far this year, a 20+ win to The Woodz is the most likely result.

College Park will have to execute perfectly on offense and/or Woodz will have to be a little off for CP to pull off the upset. I think they can get it done.

The Wood
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
YOU ARE INVITED...

Although I am not the originator of this thread, it is my distinct honor to invite each and every 5atexasfootball.com registrant to participate in the exciting thread:

College Park Vs. The Woodlands

Please join us for the fun, the frolic, the insinuation, the personal one-upsmanship...all from the leisure of your computer chair!

PARTY FAVORS for the first five KATY fans to show up...
the rights to an invitation to the soon-to-be-posted,
much anticipated thread:

College Park Vs. Oak Ridge

Fleeman93
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
In an attempt to get this thread back on track..

On paper and given the pre district results so far this year, a 20+ win to The Woodz is the most likely result.

College Park will have to execute perfectly on offense and/or Woodz will have to be a little off for CP to pull off the upset. I think they can get it done.

It was your CP guy that jacked it all up.

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
It was your CP guy that jacked it all up.

Not really complaining. Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the game. Yours was duely noted and reasonable under the circumstances. Woodz deserve to be the heavy favorites.

teXan
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
if that eaglin kids hits her on the extra point, she won't be playing football anymore. ask #81 from cinco ranch's jv

That's a very cruel thing to say. Anticipating and celebrating a career-ending injury on a kid is a pretty :Censor: low. You should be ashamed.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
well i just got my ticket :D and the line wasnt to long i guess people havent gotten thier lunch break yet to get some. got the T shirt too and its BA im going to put what it says as my sig :cool:

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
well i just got my ticket :D and the line wasnt to long i guess people havent gotten thier lunch break yet to get some. got the T shirt too and its BA im going to put what it says as my sig :cool:

nm.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
nm.

Got yours yet?

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 11:55 AM
That's a very cruel thing to say. Anticipating and celebrating a career-ending injury on a kid is a pretty :Censor: low. You should be ashamed.

teXan, I'm guessing (hoping) it's not what he meant. I think it's his way of saying that it may not be a good idea for a girl to be playing football at this level and age group.

I don't know the young lady but I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about girls playing full contact football anywhere past middle school. Even as kicker.

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Got yours yet?

Hope so. I reminded my daughter this morning. She has the money.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Hope so. I reminded my daughter this morning. She has the money.

O gosh!! lol hope so too. if not ill give you mine and get the trainers to let me in the back gate :D.

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
O gosh!! lol hope so too. if not ill give you mine and get the trainers to let me in the back gate :D.

Just got word that she got it. Damn, 2 more days. Can't wait. :D

Green Lantern
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM

It's amazing that you can have "varsity" athletes on your JV and still lose to Cinco Ranch's JV. Why again are you bragging so much about a game that you lost 28-12? My guess is the Cinco Ranch coaches weren't that impressed with the CP JV.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
It's amazing that you can have "varsity" athletes on your JV and still lose to Cinco Ranch's JV. Why again are you bragging so much about a game that you lost 28-12? My guess is the Cinco Ranch coaches weren't that impressed with the CP JV.

why are you being such a pain in :Censor: :confused:??

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:05 PM

Just got word that she got it. Damn, 2 more days. Can't wait. :D

me either man!! i going to get there early and get a spot in the middle somewhere..:D

Woodlands
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Just got word from the TWHS side - sold out!

Green Lantern
10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
im not shocked by that.. :D i happen to see a woods game were the other team was not ready to play and even then they had a few really good plays on woods. If kingwoods O had really came out to play they prob would been a better game.

Huh? The box score says Kingwood had 85 total yards against The Woodlands "D". How many big plays could they have possible had?

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
teXan, I'm guessing (hoping) it's not what he meant. I think it's his way of saying that it may not be a good idea for a girl to be playing football at this level and age group.

I don't know the young lady but I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about girls playing full contact football anywhere past middle school. Even as kicker.

Having said that of course, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the young lady for taking part in this activity.

Manon Rheaume (sp) was given serious consideration as an NHL goalie. So girls can compete at this level. Being a father of daughters, I guess it's just a natural reaction.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Just got word from the TWHS side - sold out!

well most of the home side is season tick holders anyway. soo im not shocked about that. im sure they are not adding in the student ticks either. but still wow sold out that fast. :cool:

Woodlands
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
That is student tickets as well.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Huh? The box score says Kingwood had 85 total yards against The Woodlands "D". How many big plays could they have possible had?

the 4-6 plays that add to 85 yards ;) i said a couple big plays. READ!!! kingwood was going no where all night.

twcpfan1
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM

Are they bringing in extra bleachers?

Stands junky

ooo lol :Music

Woodlands
We were told IF CP does not sell out their side, those tickets will be made available on Friday.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:17 PM

they should that would be the smart thing to do lol..

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
We were told IF CP does not sell out their side, those tickets will be made available on Friday.

dont worry they will be ;)

Green Lantern
10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
the 4-6 plays that add to 85 yards ;) i said a couple big plays. READ!!! kingwood was going no where all night.

Only two plays over 10 yards! I guess to CP 7-8 yards is a big play :p

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Only two plays over 10 yards! I guess to CP 7-8 yards is a big play :p

im pretty sure they had a plays over tens yards.. that QB ran at least 25 on one big play. others close to 12 yards. haha yea right you wish... :D

teXan
10-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Having said that of course, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the young lady for taking part in this activity.

Manon Rheaume (sp) was given serious consideration as an NHL goalie. So girls can compete at this level. Being a father of daughters, I guess it's just a natural reaction.

Don't forget Katie Hnida, either. She kicked for Colorado in 2000'ish. Personally, I don't think it's very safe for girls/young women to be playing at that level, but I would never celebrate their anticipated injury. In light of how many kids suffer life changing injuries in this game, it :Censor: me off that he he would even say something like that.

teXan
10-07-2009, 12:33 PM

It is my understanding that they are adding bleachers.

Stands junky
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
BTW texan nice signature :laugh:notworthy:laugh

teXan
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM
BTW texan nice signature :laugh:notworthy:laugh

:D Thanks. Which part? The disclaimer, the copyright, or both?

twhfan#1
10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
It is my understanding that they are adding bleachers.

that is affimative --- but if Woodforest would have been built as originally planned and not changed for Conroe's feelings -- there would be no need for temp bleachers