PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to North Shore

slcdragonfan
09-26-2009, 11:31 PM
I am sure others are commenting in the predictions thread, but I believe North Shore deserves a thread specifically for this victory. I have to say, I like they way your kids came out on the field, just getting down to business, no intimidation, they let their play on the field do the talking. The coaching was excellent, and you have one heck of an O-Line, and 1-2 back offense. Defense has some speed (shock). ;)

Your victory is well-deserved and you brought the speed and hard-hitting you said that you would. I have seen no team hold us to that little scoring in quite a while. There is more to be said, but I am tired from the drive and the game.

I love the challenge you brought to our team, and hope we can walk away having learned something. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Something freely given when earned. You have mine. :notworthy:notworthy

trinitytrojansdominate
09-26-2009, 11:33 PM
I am sure others are commenting in the predictions thread, but I believe North Shore deserves a thread specifically for this victory. I have to say, I like they way your kids came out on the field, just getting down to business, no intimidation, they let their play on the field do the talking. The coaching was excellent, and you have one heck of an O-Line, and 1-2 back offense. Defense has some speed (shock). ;)

Your victory is well-deserved and you brought the speed and hard-hitting you said that you would. I have seen no team hold us to that little scoring in quite a while. There is more to be said, but I am tired from the drive and the game.

I love the challenge you brought to our team, and hope we can walk away having learned something. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Something freely given when earned. You have mine. :notworthy:notworthy

:notworthy To you for starting this thread, you have my R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
:notworthy To North Shore

85Roughneck
09-26-2009, 11:35 PM

yep, coulda told you that and probably did in the other thread. Da Sho can bring it.

Classy post my Green brother, this is why SLC gets the same respect you have given tonight.

mojo4life
09-26-2009, 11:41 PM
yep, coulda told you that and probably did in the other thread. Da Sho can bring it.

Classy post my Green brother, this is why SLC gets the same respect you have given tonight.

YEP...Except when slake fan talks to Allen fan:D

trinitytrojansdominate
09-26-2009, 11:43 PM

Dang, and I thought I was tired just from me driving to and from the Keller game last night :D

SLCbacker
09-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Hats off to NS. You guys brought it tonight. Your D is outstanding, and Cornett is a beast. Best of luck to you this season.

NSMustangProud
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks so much SLC Dragon Fan,

We are so proud of our boys tonight....I knew they would come out hitting hard and didn't think they would have any intimidation, be tired from a drive, nor would we have to worry about a fan base.

What a winner to begin such an awesome thread!

Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way....glad a hurricane didn't stop us from meeting this year!

NSMustangProud
09-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Hats off to NS. You guys brought it tonight. Your D is outstanding, and Cornett is a beast. Best of luck to you this season.

We told ya'll we fed him raw meat before each game!:)

85Roughneck
09-26-2009, 11:47 PM

and strangly enough he's considered #2 behind Tracy Woods ... now that's a 1,2 punch right there.

Congrats to my brothers on the East side. I know I wear Katy Red and live in Deer Park, but it sure was nice to see NS win this one. ATTAWAYDAGOSTANGS !!!

DragonBand06
09-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Props to NS. They earned the win. I thought SLC had a lot of execution errors tonight, and other than some closing speed I didn't think it was anything we hadn't seen before (in past years), but NS played the better game and it showed. P.S. Did that guy who was gonna "cut guys in half" play tonight? Cause I really didn't see anything that shocked me as far as tackling goes, on either team.

I think both teams are kinda overrated, to be honest. SLC is certainly not #3 at this stage in the game, but I don't know that NS is #10. I think both fall somewhere between #10-20.

The NS D wasn't that imposing between the 20s, but they held us in the red zone multiple times. Their passing game was practically nonexistant - there were less than 10 completed passes, and the one TD was on like a 5 yard pass. I think that if NS runs into a team that can shut down the run they will be in trouble.

The SLC O needs to work on redzone offense as they had little trouble going the length of the field but couldn't seem to punch it in. I was also troubled by the halfway ability to stop the run when NS put up almost nil in the passing game. Sometimes we could hold them, and sometimes we couldn't.

Anyway, as I said in the predictions thread before the game, this game was an interesting experiment for both teams but in the long run, I think it means very little. Both teams had their weaknesses exposed and will have to work on those things, but I bet that in week 11 neither team will care about what happened tonight.

Again, props to NS.

P.S. One last thing I have to get in there for the NS bandies. Your mouth goes on the small end of the instrument. ;)

maxtor
09-27-2009, 12:44 AM
It was a good game and a long drive home. Especially since I couldnt pick up the post game. SLC was out couched as one element of the loss. NS closed fast and finished out plays. Good game.:)

becomingwater
09-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Very classy man. It's what makes following high school football more exciting:) thx for being who you are. U wish your team the best of luck! Will fly an F -22 Raptor in your honor. Have a great weekend:)

DragonBand06
09-27-2009, 12:51 AM
It was a good game and a long drive home. Especially since I couldnt pick up the post game. SLC was out couched as one element of the loss. NS closed fast and finished out plays. Good game.:)I'm with ya, man. I really wanted to bring my couch from college station - a nice black leather with big cushions and a couple of throw pillows, but it wouldn't go in my car. ;)

78 Spartan
09-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Just got in from a three hour drive back from Corsicana.

That was a fun game. Two very fine teams knocking heads. The last TD by NS sort of distorted the score, 22-15 would have more accurately reflected the closeness of the game.

I sat with some SLC friends and heard a lot of grumbling around me about SLC's playcalling and the general out-of-synch nature of their passing game tonight. But you have to give credit to NS's DBs who manned up and jammed those SLC receivers at the line and disrupted all the timing. So many SLC passes were thrown into empty space because the Dragon receiver couldn't get a clean release. It happened over and over tonight and NS deserves great credit.

Q: when was the last time SLC's offense was held to only one TD in a game?

Impressions of SLC:

1. Loved watching little #21 run. Damn he runs hard. He is worth the price of admission.

2. SLC's kicker, #32, has a Janikowsky-looking leg. Goodness that 49 yard FG had a good 8 to 10 more yards in it, at least. And awesome kickoff depth. What a weapon.

3. SLC's punter, wow is he accurate going for that coffin corner. I think he pinned NS back deep three times.

Impressions of NS:

1. Game ball to the O-Line. They definitely out-physicalled SLC up front.

2. Speed to the corner by both RBs was telling.

3. The athleticism on the fumble recovery / return for a TD was just out of this world. He was stumbling for almost 15 yards but kept those feet going and stayed on his feet. That was the key play of the game. If he falls at midfield, like 99% of football players would have, NS probably doesn't score on that possession and then probably doesn't win the game.

4. Although not a huge crowd from NS, still respectable given the 3.5 hour drive each way and the TV coverage back home. Y'all brought as many (or more) fans to Corsicana than Stratford brought to Alief on Friday.

Overall, very evenly matched teams. How much fun. Well worth investing 12 hours and a tank of gas.

Dynastybegan86
09-27-2009, 01:27 AM

It is ironic that SC only scored "15" points in "Tiger" stadium!!;)

Great thread DragonFan!! Props to Northshore!! Great win, build from it, make it happen!!

SC, you got beat. No worries though, just another step!!:cool:

Pearland Longhorn
09-27-2009, 01:32 AM
This game would have been a lot better if it had been played 5 years ago. Neither team is going to get a championship ring this year. I'm glad NS won though because I know how DFW perceives themselves as being far superior to Houston in HS football.

78 Spartan
09-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Leave it to a Pearland guy to pay NS such a backhanded compliment after such a huge win.

I thought North Shore looked fine, and capable of bringing home the hardware. They will be more polished come December.

A rematch between NS and Hightower sounds like a dream pairing for the Region III championship.

Squirrel88
09-27-2009, 01:43 AM
It was a great game. Good luck to SLC in the rest of your season!

lil_cb_05
09-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Props to NS. They earned the win. I thought SLC had a lot of execution errors tonight, and other than some closing speed I didn't think it was anything we hadn't seen before (in past years), but NS played the better game and it showed. P.S. Did that guy who was gonna "cut guys in half" play tonight? Cause I really didn't see anything that shocked me as far as tackling goes, on either team.

I think both teams are kinda overrated, to be honest. SLC is certainly not #3 at this stage in the game, but I don't know that NS is #10. I think both fall somewhere between #10-20.

The NS D wasn't that imposing between the 20s, but they held us in the red zone multiple times. Their passing game was practically nonexistant - there were less than 10 completed passes, and the one TD was on like a 5 yard pass. I think that if NS runs into a team that can shut down the run they will be in trouble.

The SLC O needs to work on redzone offense as they had little trouble going the length of the field but couldn't seem to punch it in. I was also troubled by the halfway ability to stop the run when NS put up almost nil in the passing game. Sometimes we could hold them, and sometimes we couldn't.

Anyway, as I said in the predictions thread before the game, this game was an interesting experiment for both teams but in the long run, I think it means very little. Both teams had their weaknesses exposed and will have to work on those things, but I bet that in week 11 neither team will care about what happened tonight.

Again, props to NS.

P.S. One last thing I have to get in there for the NS bandies. Your mouth goes on the small end of the instrument. ;)

#27 Alton Demby...He definitely got a few good shots on some of the SLC players and made some key stops. He was also the guy that faked the punt and ran it for a first down.

Pearland Longhorn
09-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Leave it to a Pearland guy to pay NS such a backhanded compliment after such a huge win.

I thought North Shore looked fine, and capable of bringing home the hardware. They will be more polished come December.

A rematch between NS and Hightower sounds like a dream pairing for the Region III championship.

Am I wrong to point out that neither of these programs are at the level they were 5 years ago? I'm not saying they've fallen off a significant amount but I don't think either is good enough to coast to the region finals like they would do regularly back then.

Southlake appears to have lost their explosiveness in the passing game ever since Riley graduated. I wasn't impressed with the new QB's ability to read the NS defense at all. On the other hand NS was their typical sloppy self on offense. That sloppiness is always their downfall in the playoffs...

Please don't let me get in the way of all the warm and fuzzy compliments though :eek:

NSMustangProud
09-27-2009, 02:54 AM
leave it to a pearland guy to pay ns such a backhanded compliment after such a huge win.

I thought north shore looked fine, and capable of bringing home the hardware. They will be more polished come december.

A rematch between ns and hightower sounds like a dream pairing for the region iii championship.

:d

CAKEETO
09-27-2009, 03:38 AM
Congratulations Northshore. Way to represent H'Town.

DrEdward
09-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Let me add my congratulations to North Shore as well. Carroll's passing game was literally off the mark last evening, but the NS defense certainly was a major part of the reason.

Throughly enjoyed meeting a few of the NS fans prior to the game and hope all you folks had a safe trip back home.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 07:27 AM
This game would have been a lot better if it had been played 5 years ago. Neither team is going to get a championship ring this year. I'm glad NS won though because I know how DFW perceives themselves as being far superior to Houston in HS football.

dude, seriously ? ... not cool

caveman
09-27-2009, 07:36 AM

TO TWO GREAT COMMUNITIES WHO LOVE THEIR KIDS:
:notworthy!

chhspantherfan
09-27-2009, 08:08 AM
#27 Alton Demby...He definitely got a few good shots on some of the SLC players and made some key stops. He was also the guy that faked the punt and ran it for a first down.

He was the difference maker on defense. Everytime I would rewind because I saw a big play, it was him. Great closing speed and sure tackler.

Like everyone else, Cornett is something to behold.

Congrats to NS. Excellent victory.

ktCarl
09-27-2009, 08:31 AM

The NS D wasn't that imposing between the 20s, but they held us in the red zone multiple times. Their passing game was practically nonexistant - there were less than 10 completed passes, and the one TD was on like a 5 yard pass. I think that if NS runs into a team that can shut down the run they will be in trouble. :cool:

Again, props to NS.

That, in bold, my dear green friend is the rub with the 'Stangs. They need to develope their passing game just to sustain drives vs better teams in the playoffs. They don't need the long ball they just need a short passing game to get first downs and with their speed a short pass play could turn into a big gain.

xnfl
09-27-2009, 08:39 AM

Classy post. Seemed that NS watched film from Northwest match up at SMU same kinda team that beat Dragons. Great job jamming routs and NS very speedy on D. Sat on NS side (Sun was bad) and parents were very classy in victory.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 08:50 AM
That, in bold, my dear green friend is the rub with the 'Stangs. They need to develope their passing game just to sustain drives vs better teams in the playoffs. They don't need the long ball they just need a short passing game to get first downs and with their speed a short pass play could turn into a big gain.

zactly ... and look out when they realize this. Da Sho will roll deep. :cool:

BigFanSLC
09-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Piland did not impress me, but i guess thats bc of NShores defense playing that much better. Avers should of had more carries.

I really believe in the 4th quarter with 5 or so min left the dragons should of kicked the FG instead of going for it on 4th down. IMO its better to get the points and let the Defense get a big stop on the next posession then try to score and tie it up. get the 3, stop them with your D, take it down and score to WIN. This in my eyes was the game changing play call.

Other than that I think NShore played great, SLC didn't play like the SLC that played the first 4 games. But good thing it doesnt really matter bc district starts next week.

nsmustang
09-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks dragonfan. I will admit apprehension playing SLC and who wouldn't?
NS plays to the level of competition as they have demonstrated many times in the past. If this turned out the other way I would still say "Great game and kudos to both teams for putting this together."

green day
09-27-2009, 09:24 AM
No question the winning school should be congratulated. It was a fun atmosphere. That both coaches would agree for this type of heightened affair in the middle of the season speaks volumes for both schools. I wish you luck Mustangs, and maybe, we both end up in San Antonio.

Wouldn't that be fun?

CAKEETO
09-27-2009, 10:21 AM

Very classy post. Two great teams, and two great set of fans.:notworthy:cool:

SLC93
09-27-2009, 10:43 AM
It will probably be tomorrow before I can really get caught up on the conversations. We're in Oklahoma this weekend for a wedding we had to attend. I dvr'd the game and sped through it last night when we got back. I really only need to say a few things for now.

First, congratulations to the Mustangs. You guys came to play and did just that from whistle to whistle. On top of that, you were prepared to take advantage of the breaks every game provides. Unfortunately for us, they did not go our way this time. Heck of a game and a deserved win for the NS program.

Second, can some folks from the Dragon nation pm me on how the last 6 minutes unfolded, please? The Texas game ran long and, as a result, the dvr stopped recording at that point with NS up 22-15 but Carroll driving with the ball.:mad:

Last, for all involved, the week leading up to this game was probably the most civil I've ever witnessed for a big game, especially one between two programs of this level. Let's not waste to sportsmanship we all showed during the week and the kids displayed last night now with petty bickering. NS earned a win. Carroll played well and could have won if some things went the other way. They didn't. It happens. I have my own thoughts on some things for Carroll but they do not include anything about NS and really only should be shared via pm. It was a huge game of the nondistrict variety. Carroll now has a really great barometer for where they are and what they need to do to make this a season the 8th time we've gone the distance. NS knows now that they are completely on track, having gone toe to toe with 2 of the best. If taken properly, this game could really serve both teams well. All the best to coach Aymond and his program.

FP Trojan79
09-27-2009, 10:57 AM
:notworthy Great job N.S.... pay no attention to the nay sayers on here, you all did a great job and brought respect to your school and the houston area... my hat is off to you on this hard fought win...we here in Katy respect your program and know full well what your made of....as for what people say about any flaws your program has.... hell who doesn't have them the Tigers have them as well..... so just keep on keeping on and hopefully we both can get to the big dance in the end.... once again congrates on a hard fought win :notworthy

TigerHat
09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
This game would have been a lot better if it had been played 5 years ago. Neither team is going to get a championship ring this year. I.

So I guess we can assume that your team is going to be the one raising trophies and posing for pictures in the Alamo Dome this December..

Who exactly do you think in the Region 3 or 4 D1 bracket would be favored to keep North Shore out of San Antonio?

North Shore Mustang
09-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Am I wrong to point out that neither of these programs are at the level they were 5 years ago? I'm not saying they've fallen off a significant amount but I don't think either is good enough to coast to the region finals like they would do regularly back then.

Southlake appears to have lost their explosiveness in the passing game ever since Riley graduated. I wasn't impressed with the new QB's ability to read the NS defense at all. On the other hand NS was their typical sloppy self on offense. That sloppiness is always their downfall in the playoffs...

Please don't let me get in the way of all the warm and fuzzy compliments though :eek:

Look at your Oilers... looks like the oil supply is way down, maybe even dry up soon.

Pearland would get creamed against SLC.

Redhoss
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Congrats to Shore.

I haven't had a chance to watch all of the game I have on DVR yet. It's obvious two good teams are going at it.

I wouldn't want to play either team next week but now December is a different story. ;)

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 12:09 PM

That was a fun game. Two very fine teams knocking heads. The last TD by NS sort of distorted the score, 22-15 would have more accurately reflected the closeness of the game.

I sat with some SLC friends and heard a lot of grumbling around me about SLC's playcalling and the general out-of-synch nature of their passing game tonight. But you have to give credit to NS's DBs who manned up and jammed those SLC receivers at the line and disrupted all the timing. So many SLC passes were thrown into empty space because the Dragon receiver couldn't get a clean release. It happened over and over tonight and NS deserves great credit.

Impressions of SLC:

1. Loved watching little #21 run. Damn he runs hard. He is worth the price of admission.

2. SLC's kicker, #32, has a Janikowsky-looking leg. Goodness that 49 yard FG had a good 8 to 10 more yards in it, at least. And awesome kickoff depth. What a weapon.

3. SLC's punter, wow is he accurate going for that coffin corner. I think he pinned NS back deep three times.

Impressions of NS:

3. The athleticism on the fumble recovery / return for a TD was just out of this world. He was stumbling for almost 15 yards but kept those feet going and stayed on his feet. That was the key play of the game. If he falls at midfield, like 99% of football players would have, NS probably doesn't score on that possession and then probably doesn't win the game.

4. Although not a huge crowd from NS, still respectable given the 3.5 hour drive each way and the TV coverage back home. Y'all brought as many (or more) fans to Corsicana than Stratford brought to Alief on Friday.

Overall, very evenly matched teams. How much fun. Well worth investing 12 hours and a tank of gas.
very little is inaccurate here. good observations. others will say many people underestimated the ns team. i think they are exactly as i pictured them. what everyone, me included actually did, was overestimate the dragons. as a neo-outsider, i have a skewed picture of dragon football based less on actual observation(like 90+% of the posters on here) and more on historic memories, radio/highlight "views", and an overall opinion of dragon football. using my pre-conceived notions, i expected quite a bit more from the boys and coaches in green. that being said, the ns defense and running game is to be given its due credit. they weren't your pwests of our schedule. unless and until the dragons can fix a few of the leaks that ns proved last night, the rest of the state can relax a little. i also think, though i'll leave it to the red guys to own up to it, that the dragons may also have noted a few chinks in their armor too.

good crowds considering. never heard any figures bot i would have put the ns crowd at 2k and the dragons at 3k. about right ratio considering the distance imbalance and the tv influence. the game was an honest effort by both squads without the crap that is so endemic to several unnamed programs. thanks to the coaches on both sidelines. it is a pleasure to see such respectful teams. the referrees did a pretty fair job evidenced by the lack of b&ming thruout the game.

i will say that bdc or whoever apologized in advance for the ns alma mater was dead on. good luck in the real seasons coming up soon to both teams.

beat sloppell.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM

as much as my thoughts jibed with spartan's original post, i am in complete agreeance with you too. lots of holes that must be fixed before a trip to sa can be imagined for either team.

TigerHat
09-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Oh, and because I've only said it indirectly:

Congratulations on a great win against a great team.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

North Shore Mustang
09-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Impressions of SLC:

Impressions of NS:

Not a huge crowd from NS who's about 3 hours away? How about the SLC crowd who's only half, or even less the distance away than NS? I think we almost had equal attendance. I was disappointed with the SLC crowd... that's not a SLC crowd.

CCCSportsFan
09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Congratulations to the young men from North Shore. You played with a lot of heart and discipline. Good luck the rest of the year to the Mustangs and several of you have very bright future's in the future on Saturday afternoons :notworthy

toonman
09-27-2009, 12:46 PM

I could not agree more with what you have written.

KT2000
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I thought the key for North Shore would be their offense and whether or not they could establish the run. I knew they would not be in good shape if Gibson had to carry them by passing. He's not ready to handle that kind of workload yet. Cornett and Woods got going and that was huge for NS.

Carroll's Avers is tremendously improved. He is an outstanding RB. Rodgers did a nice job on White, but I was not impressed (as usual) with what NS was trying to do in the passing game.

Carroll has the best kicking game I've ever seen from them this year. That'll help them a bunch in the playoffs. They aren't going to see many defenses like North Shore this year and that is the good news.

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
as much as my thoughts jibed with spartan's original post, i am in complete agreeance with you too. lots of holes that must be fixed before a trip to sa can be imagined for either team.

Lot's of holes for NS?

I can think of 2.

1. Gibson needs to keep his head in the game on every play. Fumbling the snap is elementary and there is no excuse.

2. Hopefully 5 games against the slappys from our district will be enough to get the deep threat with White working. While the mid range pass would be nice to complete with more regularity, the ability to stretch the field with perhaps the fastest receiver in the state is just what NS needs to punish defenses that try to stack the box to stop the run.

Being that the defense is one of the top, if not the top, defenses in the state there really isn't too much for them to improve here. Let's keep everyone healthy and just keep fine tuning it.

Special teams for NS are also very strong. This is the best kicker we have had in ~10 years and has the ability to connect from 50+. Everyone is very aware of our ability to return kicks, and even the punting game was much improved in the SLC game.

NS isn't going to blow people away with the pass, it's just not going to happen. A state run for NS is going to come from dominating teams with our run game, hitting the occasional homerun with the deep pass and from stifling defense giving up nothing and forcing turnovers.

In regards to the game against SLC, I was very impressed with the guys from the north and I fully expect to see them hang 40+ on most every other team they play. Your not going to see another def like ours again this year, and even if your receivers didn't have the speed or physicality to match up with the NS db's, it doesn't really matter. I thought 21 was a pretty decent RB, he is quick and has good vision and took advantage of the def being spread out b/c of the 4 receiver sets, he seems to lack a little in over all top speed as we were able to catch him from behind on a couple of occasions, but it's pretty easy to see why he's racked up such numbers against lesser opponents.

Alot of the SLC guys seem to be freaking out about the coaching, but I don't really see it. I suppose you can get upset about some of the more conservative calls, but on the same token, when you take risks that don't work out you end up taking just as much, if not more, heat. You must consider the guys on the other side of the field and NS isn't the kind of def that you want to take a lot of risks against. On def I thought SLC had an excellent game plan. Rarely were their defenders out of position, they were just overmatched strength wise, which there really isn't too much you can do about that.

It was a solid game between two dominate teams. You could tell that the SLC guys weren't used to getting punched in the mouth and had trouble responding, much in the way NS did in week 1 vs Katy. I think this will be a tremendous experience for the dragons and will help them out a ton come playoff time. Winning is fun but there is no motivator greater than the hatred of losing, just ask our guys.

Mr. Rod
09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Lot's of holes for NS?

I can think of 2.

1. Gibson needs to keep his head in the game on every play. Fumbling the snap is elementary and there is no excuse.

2. Hopefully 5 games against the slappys from our district will be enough to get the deep threat with White working. While the mid range pass would be nice to complete with more regularity, the ability to stretch the field with perhaps the fastest receiver in the state is just what NS needs to punish defenses that try to stack the box to stop the run.

Being that the defense is one of the top, if not the top, defenses in the state there really isn't too much for them to improve here. Let's keep everyone healthy and just keep fine tuning it.

Special teams for NS are also very strong. This is the best kicker we have had in ~10 years and has the ability to connect from 50+. Everyone is very aware of our ability to return kicks, and even the punting game was much improved in the SLC game.

NS isn't going to blow people away with the pass, it's just not going to happen. A state run for NS is going to come from dominating teams with our run game, hitting the occasional homerun with the deep pass and from stifling defense giving up nothing and forcing turnovers.

In regards to the game against SLC, I was very impressed with the guys from the north and I fully expect to see them hang 40+ on most every other team they play. Your not going to see another def like ours again this year, and even if your receivers didn't have the speed or physicality to match up with the NS db's, it doesn't really matter. I thought 21 was a pretty decent RB, he is quick and has good vision and took advantage of the def being spread out b/c of the 4 receiver sets, he seems to lack a little in over all top speed as we were able to catch him from behind on a couple of occasions, but it's pretty easy to see why he's racked up such numbers against lesser opponents.

Alot of the SLC guys seem to be freaking out about the coaching, but I don't really see it. I suppose you can get upset about some of the more conservative calls, but on the same token, when you take risks that don't work out you end up taking just as much, if not more, heat. You must consider the guys on the other side of the field and NS isn't the kind of def that you want to take a lot of risks against. On def I thought SLC had an excellent game plan. Rarely were their defenders out of position, they were just overmatched strength wise, which there really isn't too much you can do about that.

It was a solid game between two dominate teams. You could tell that the SLC guys weren't used to getting punched in the mouth and had trouble responding, much in the way NS did in week 1 vs Katy. I think this will be a tremendous experience for the dragons and will help them out a ton come playoff time. Winning is fun but there is no motivator greater than the hatred of losing, just ask our guys.

Im gonna disagree with you on that. I think Miguel Prudencio was the best kicker that we have had. Although Perez is real good. And about the SLC coaching, I think they coached a great game. You can't put all the blame on one person, coaches call plays, but the players are supposed to EXECUTE the plan. It's a team sport.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Lot's of holes for NS?

I can think of 2.

It was a solid game between two dominate teams. You could tell that the SLC guys weren't used to getting punched in the mouth and had trouble responding, much in the way NS did in week 1 vs Katy. I think this will be a tremendous experience for the dragons and will help them out a ton come playoff time. Winning is fun but there is no motivator greater than the hatred of losing, just ask our guys.not that it should come as a surprise, but we can agree to disagree. i'm glad you are perfectly happy with your defense, and i do not doubt the next 5 games will prove you right. luckily you won't face a good offense again for a while. i thought both coaches went away from what was working several times, to the detriment of each team. both running games were gashing both defenses, and i still don't know why neither team ever made the other stop them before forcing the passing game, and generally being unsuccessful. and as to the blinding speed, i hope 21 doesn't catch much heat for being smoked by slc's db. i will say that the dbs tackled as well as any i've seen, and i'm certain speed played a huge role in that. they were generally pretty good, and except for a few post routes that seemed to fool them, they were pretty dominant.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 04:29 PM
i've got to say, i am surprised there has been all this talk and few have mentioned what i think was the second best unit on the ns team. the o line. no one gets that kind of yardage on rb skill alone. they did a marvelous job with a really great influence scheme. they definitely deserve a game ball. big uglies never get enough credit, when the o clicks.

Mr. Rod
09-27-2009, 04:33 PM
i've got to say, i am surprised there has been all this talk and few have mentioned what i think was the second best unit on the ns team. the o line. no one gets that kind of yardage on rb skill alone. they did a marvelous job with a really great influence scheme. they definitely deserve a game ball. big uglies never get enough credit, when the o clicks.

Hard to argue with that.

rellufnalla
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Great job Mustangs!

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
not that it should come as a surprise, but we can agree to disagree. i'm glad you are perfectly happy with your defense, and i do not doubt the next 5 games will prove you right. luckily you won't face a good offense again for a while. i thought both coaches went away from what was working several times, to the detriment of each team. both running games were gashing both defenses, and i still don't know why neither team ever made the other stop them before forcing the passing game, and generally being unsuccessful. and as to the blinding speed, i hope 21 doesn't catch much heat for being smoked by slc's db. i will say that the dbs tackled as well as any i've seen, and i'm certain speed played a huge role in that. they were generally pretty good, and except for a few post routes that seemed to fool them, they were pretty dominant.

I don't think that the SLC ground game was "gashing" the defense, other than 2-3 pretty nice runs. Being that SLC is a big play offense that is used to scoring in bunches, I felt that it was by design to try and hold them to 4/5 yards per play and see if they would be patient enough to play an entire game that way. If NS really wanted to shut down the run they could have but out of respect for SLC's passing attack, it felt to me that it was stop the pass first and the run second, which, with only 1 TD allowed, was pretty successful. I know the def isn't happy about that TD though and hopefully they can use that as motivation to keep working hard.

As far as 21 being smoked by a db, if it takes your fastest def players about 60 yards to catch up to our "bruising" rb, I feel pretty good about that. Good news for you guys though is there is no chance of seeing us again this year, so I think you'll be just fine.

One of the things I mentioned in the predictions thread was that this game reminded me a lot of the NS v woodlands games in 03,04 and I believe 05. A very good team that executes well just not being able to handle the speed and physical nature that NS plays with. We're just not the kind of def that spread teams look forwards to going against.

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Totally agree. It's just with 2 D1 tackles and history on their side, dominate of opposing teams lines by our O-line is just assumed. :D:D

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't think that the SLC ground game was "gashing" the defense, other than 2-3 pretty nice runs. Being that SLC is a big play offense that is used to scoring in bunches, I felt that it was by design to try and hold them to 4/5 yards per play and see if they would be patient enough to play an entire game that way. If NS really wanted to shut down the run they could have but out of respect for SLC's passing attack, it felt to me that it was stop the pass first and the run second, which, with only 1 TD allowed, was pretty successful. I know the def isn't happy about that TD though and hopefully they can use that as motivation to keep working hard.

As far as 21 being smoked by a db, if it takes your fastest def players about 60 yards to catch up to our "bruising" rb, I feel pretty good about that. Good news for you guys though is there is no chance of seeing us again this year, so I think you'll be just fine.

One of the things I mentioned in the predictions thread was that this game reminded me a lot of the NS v woodlands games in 03,04 and I believe 05. A very good team that executes well just not being able to handle the speed and physical nature that NS plays with. We're just not the kind of def that spread teams look forwards to going against.good thing the ns d was playing nice, and giving us a chance by tying their hands behind their back.

exagerate much? watch it again.

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
good thing the ns o was playing nice, and giving us a chance by tying their hands behind their back.

exagerate much? watch it again.

What does NS' Offense have to do with our def stopping your run?

78 Spartan
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
i've got to say, i am surprised there has been all this talk and few have mentioned what i think was the second best unit on the ns team. the o line.

I gave North Shore's offensive line my game ball.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 06:12 PM

cmon man... prior to the game.... you stated " Southlake is going to roll NS"... and im sure you are dissapointed that didnt happen....but at the same time... you are a winner either way because you can use the DFW vs Houston area as your winner........but before the game... people talk about how good this SLC team is... and because they get beaten by a team on the same level as bellaire... all of a sudden.. they arent top notch anymore.... figures....:eek:

BigFanSLC
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
how can you say the SLC running game was stopped by Nshore? didnt they rush for like 220 yards? anyways like I said before, Hal should of let avers run wild until it was stopped. If it wasnt for a stupid WR holding penalty, avers would of scored a rushing TD making the game a bit different score wise.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
not that it should come as a surprise, but we can agree to disagree. i'm glad you are perfectly happy with your defense, and i do not doubt the next 5 games will prove you right. luckily you won't face a good offense again for a while. i thought both coaches went away from what was working several times, to the detriment of each team. both running games were gashing both defenses, and i still don't know why neither team ever made the other stop them before forcing the passing game, and generally being unsuccessful. and as to the blinding speed, i hope 21 doesn't catch much heat for being smoked by slc's db. i will say that the dbs tackled as well as any i've seen, and i'm certain speed played a huge role in that. they were generally pretty good, and except for a few post routes that seemed to fool them, they were pretty dominant.

it certainly took 65 yards of real estate for your DB's to catch a fullback..because like it or not...thats what he is.... i didnt see them catching cornett on that 39 yd td run... cornett is a RB...not a fullback... lets talk apples to apples.....:eek:

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
how can you say the SLC running game was stopped by Nshore? didnt they rush for like 220 yards? anyways like I said before, Hal should of let avers run wild until it was stopped. If it wasnt for a stupid WR holding penalty, avers would of scored a rushing TD making the game a bit different score wise.

I agree with this. Avers looked unstoppable. Between him and Piland, they were moving it pretty well. Don't know why they did not keep doing it.

I'm going to have to watch that holding penalty again. It looked like nothing. Should not have been called. But I'll take another look.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM

220.. but in watching the game.. NS wasnt being killed by the run like SLC was....... NS can adjust to anything anyone throws at them.. stopping the run.... slowing a spread ..... zone read... whatever... we have the personnel to make adjustments at anytime...:eek:

packfan22
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I just love all the congrarts all the fans are giving each other on this thread, kinda makes me wonder is it,s real or memorex:rolleyes: I watch the game , it,s like last season,SLC has never been the same since Todd left.With that said the talent is not as good as before either.They still have a good team and willl make noise, but I don,t think they can get back too where they want to be. NS was just to physical and fast. NS looks goood but I did not see anything that makes me think they can win it all . Any we have still have not beaten either of these teams :(.....so good game guys.

Pearland Longhorn
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
cmon man... prior to the game.... you stated " Southlake is going to roll NS"... and im sure you are dissapointed that didnt happen....but at the same time... you are a winner either way because you can use the DFW vs Houston area as your winner........but before the game... people talk about how good this SLC team is... and because they get beaten by a team on the same level as bellaire... all of a sudden.. they arent top notch anymore.... figures....:eek:

I figured Southlake would win easily. However I was dead wrong. Mostly because I had yet to see them run a single play this year and was not aware that they are a shell of what they were 5 years ago. Believe it or not I was pulling for NS in this game. I pull for NS in just about every game besides the ones against Pearland or La Marque. I was pissed when Hightower beat y'all last year.

My problem with NS is that they have yet to show me they are ready to take that next step towards another title over the last 5 years. The team always seems sloppy compared to a team like Katy or Trinity. I thought the team with McGinty had what it took but that sloppiness reared it's head again against Judson. When I say I don't think NS is going to get a ring this year I have history on my side. Except for the one year when y'all had an overwhelming talent advantage on every other team it's been one disappointment after another. This years team doesn't show me anything that the past 5 have not...

Good luck to y'all though, I'll need someone to pull for this post-season...

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM

sorry, brain fart. i changed it.

lil_cb_05
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I figured Southlake would win easily. However I was dead wrong. Mostly because I had yet to see them run a single play this year and was not aware that they are a shell of what they were 5 years ago. Believe it or not I was pulling for NS in this game. I pull for NS in just about every game besides the ones against Pearland or La Marque. I was pissed when Hightower beat y'all last year.

My problem with NS is that they have yet to show me they are ready to take that next step towards another title over the last 5 years. The team always seems sloppy compared to a team like Katy or Trinity. I thought the team with McGinty had what it took but that sloppiness reared it's head again against Judson. When I say I don't think NS is going to get a ring this year I have history on my side. Except for the one year when y'all had an overwhelming talent advantage on every other team it's been one disappointment after another. This years team doesn't show me anything that the past 5 have not...

How many rings do a team have to win to prove a point? Of course we would like to bring home another state title but NS as program already proven that it can be done. Sorry we don't make it to the state championship game every year. If it was that easy Pearland shouldn't have no problem making it there. Only 2 teams can win it all and if its not NS oh well there is always next year.

Mr. Rod
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
As far as 21 being smoked by a db, if it takes your fastest def players about 60 yards to catch up to our "bruising" rb, I feel pretty good about that.

Ha!

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Ha!

having re-watched it several times, i agree that the rb ran 60 yds. i also saw that the slc db started from a standing start almost 5 yds behind #21 and caught him in 40 yds. not bad considering we were told that the rb(fastest player on slc) couldn't out run the dl-men. i guess i assumed the rbs for ns were equally fast. my bad.i have no problem with what you are saying, but it doesn't jibe with what i heard all week.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM

finally we agree on something.:eek:

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
having re-watched it several times, i agree that the rb ran 60 yds. i also saw that the slc db started from a standing start almost 5 yds behind #21 and caught him in 40 yds. not bad considering we were told that the rb(fastest player on slc) couldn't out run the dl-men. i guess i assumed the rbs for ns were equally fast. my bad.

yeah of course... especially since the rb has a 15 yd deficit to make up even before he gets into the secondary....

better yet... speaking of pregame talk... how many points did you think SLC was gonna score on us? never mind.... my bad....touchdown tommy..:eek:

Mr. Rod
09-27-2009, 08:33 PM
having re-watched it several times, i agree that the rb ran 60 yds. i also saw that the slc db started from a standing start almost 5 yds behind #21 and caught him in 40 yds. not bad considering we were told that the rb(fastest player on slc) couldn't out run the dl-men. i guess i assumed the rbs for ns were equally fast. my bad.

T Woods is the bull dozer, he's meant to gain the hard yards, and not really break for runs, but when he does there's no complaints. Im Woods got his game going, lately its been the Cornett show, but Woods has been playing a big part in blocking for him this season.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm with ya, man. I really wanted to bring my couch from college station - a nice black leather with big cushions and a couple of throw pillows, but it wouldn't go in my car. ;)

LOL, not even with spell check can I get things right. They need to upgrade spell check to include subject context. It's not my fault I went to Haltom.:)

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
to most of the dragon faithful.....

you guys have a great bunch of players... playing you guys was like playing katy but with a different offense... we had to earn every inch....It was a good game between two powerful programs...and it showed... many were expecting a SLC blowout.... but we here in NS know what kind of team we have... we may not win state titles...but we can play with just about anyone....we will hit the homerun every now and then....

avers was a very good back... i was impressed... hes the real deal...

the QB was good.. but when facing a secondary like ours... it might make one look ordinary.... we have the defensive personnel to play with anyone...

why didnt yall run back any punts... even when there was time .. you guys still called for fair catches... thats almost 5-10 yds per punt return if you guys run it ......

our offense still struggles... but we have the running game and the O line to be good... not great... that comes with a passing game to match....

i enjoyed the game... didnt get to meet any SLC posters...but im sure this wont be my last SLC game... it was finally good to meet on the field....

we respect you guys.... and the program you have.... ...

good luck the rest of the way.....:eek:

maxtor
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
[B]This game would have been a lot better if it had been played 5 years ago. Neither team is going to get a championship ring this year.

I dont agree with that.

I'm glad NS won though because I know how DFW perceives themselves as being far superior to Houston in HS football.

Ten championships for DFW vs four for Houston in the last 8 or 10. This goes a long way in forming such opinions.:)

maxtor
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM

I wouldnt have tried the fake but it worked and NS showed they had some cogs.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM

This almost always comes at the expense of the running game.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I wouldnt have tried the fake but it worked and NS showed they had some cogs.

i thought sure i saw #21 did the fake. i haven't watched the 2nd half yet. if it was #21, then shame on the dragon coaches for not seeing and recognizing the switch.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
[/B]

Ten championships for DFW vs four for Houston in the last 8 or 10. This goes a long way in forming such opinions.:)

But in this current year, the #3 GHA team beat the #1 DFW team. I guess we can always cherry pick which fact best backs up our argument.

SLC
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Congrats to the North Shore coaches and players...The coaches had a great plan and the players executed it very well. I posted some reflections in the other thread, but didn't feel they were necessary for this thread since they were mostly Carroll related thoughts.

Again, congrats to the Mustangs, you showed, as a team, you were better Staurday night. Good luck the rest of the season!

lil_cb_05
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
i thought sure i saw #21 did the fake. i haven't watched the 2nd half yet. if it was #21, then shame on the dragon coaches for not seeing and recognizing the switch.

it was #27 he's our strong safety and punter

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Lot's of holes for NS?

I can think of 2.

Thanks for the props. Avers did have 104 yards on 12 carries against NS, and all those yards didnt come on a couple of plays. He done very well against NS.

Alot of the SLC guys seem to be freaking out about the coaching, but I don't really see it. I suppose you can get upset about some of the more conservative calls,

I think fans have good reason to question some of the calls. For me it's unconscionable to punt on 4th and 2 at NSs 41 when Avers is getting 5+ yards a pop. This takes conservative play calling to an all new level.

but on the same token, when you take risks that don't work out you end up taking just as much, if not more, heat. You must consider the guys on the other side of the field and NS isn't the kind of def that you want to take a lot of risks against. On def I thought SLC had an excellent game plan. Rarely were their defenders out of position, they were just overmatched strength wise, which there really isn't too much you can do about that.

NS was more physical. Yet NS had 335 yards to SLCs 419. And remember that a hundred of NSs yards came on two plays. SLC had more yards than NS and the yards that NS did gain, only 235 came from sustained drives. The point of all this is to suggest that play after play down in the trenches, SLC ground out the same yardage on a play after play basis, and a lot more taking in consideration the 100 yards on two plays by NS.
I'm not suggesting anything else other than to say that it was in the trenches that SLC played as well or better than NS.

Good game NS.

CCCSportsFan
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM

you guys have a great bunch of players... playing you guys was like playing katy but with a different offense... we had to earn every inch....It was a good game between two powerful programs...and it showed... many were expecting a SLC blowout.... but we here in NS know what kind of team we have... we may not win state titles...but we can play with just about anyone....we will hit the homerun every now and then....

the QB was good.. but when facing a secondary like ours... it might make one look ordinary.... we have the defensive personnel to play with anyone...

why didnt yall run back any punts... even when there was time .. you guys still called for fair catches... thats almost 5-10 yds per punt return if you guys run it ......

our offense still struggles... but we have the running game and the O line to be good... not great... that comes with a passing game to match....

i enjoyed the game... didnt get to meet any SLC posters...but im sure this wont be my last SLC game... it was finally good to meet on the field....

Well said and nice post Playa... It would be nice to meet you some day as well :)

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM

This would be a good question if in fact NS stopped SLCs run. Almost 200 yards rushing at 5.4 yards a carry. NS won the game but this doesn't give one license to say any ridiculous thing that they want to.
Then again, this is a message board. Go ahead and boast away irrespective of any reality. Good game NS.:)

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
freebus, i need some help. you described one of your receivers as being the fastest "in the state". please provide his number so i can figure out which one he is as i i don't remember a single ns receiver running behind the "unathletic" slc dbs. on the other hand i can think of 4 or 5 plays where slc receivers only needed a well-thrown ball to chalk up a score as they were clearly behind the much faster dbs. thanks in advance.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
[/B]

I'm thinking only 1 for H-town in the last ten years ... and then there's that little town about 33 miles West of H-town that got a boat load of hardware sitting in a case and a water tower leaning hard due to all the extra paint ;)

Some of you northern boys crack me up ... You all claim the whole darn DFW and all the teams within it and you point your little finger south and snub Houston every chance you get. Northshore isn't really a "Houston" team, but they sure do win a lot and they won the ship here of late. Since some of you seem to be unclear in your geographic assessment, to be more specific, NorthShore is East of H-town just a tad bit and they have their own district of Galena Park. Funny how little towns on the Outskirts of Houston handle the whole DFW, but you guys seem to need the whole DFW to bolster your conversation. laughable, IMO. Get a team my brothers and football fans and stick with that team. Stop making yourselves look silly by bringing up "THE ALMIGHTY DFW" (DUN DUN DUNNNNN ... I hear that music when ever I see you guys stand behind the whole Metroplex... cracks me up every time.)

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree with this. Avers looked unstoppable. Between him and Piland, they were moving it pretty well. Don't know why they did not keep doing it.

I'm going to have to watch that holding penalty again. It looked like nothing. Should not have been called. But I'll take another look.

LOL, yes this holding call hasnt been mentioned much by the non-NS SLC haters. Theyve already swept it under the rug and have went directly to talking about SLC being blown off the field.

Good game NS and good coAching to boot.:)

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM
This would be a good question if in fact NS stopped SLCs run. Almost 200 yards rushing at 5.4 yards a carry. NS won the game but this doesn't give one license to say any ridiculous thing that they want to.
Then again, this is a message board. Go ahead and boast away irrespective of any reality. Good game NS.:)i'm sure freebus' shoulder will be written up in orthopedic journals soon, as they describe the heroic measures taken to rebuild what his self-adulation has wracked. i bet he has lots of trouble in movies and church trying to hide the loud slaps it creates.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM

Good post. I dont think hardly any long time dragon fans predicted a blowout. Although I did say that if someone does win in a blowout it would be SLC.

I think for the most part NS brought exactly what was expected. No surprises.:)

SLC
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking only 1 for H-town in the last ten years ... and then there's that little town about 33 miles West of H-town that got a boat load of hardware sitting in a case and a water tower leaning hard due to all the extra paint ;)

Some of you northern boys crack me up ... You all claim the whole darn DFW and all the teams within it and you point your little finger south and snub Houston every chance you get. Northshore isn't really a "Houston" team, but they sure do win a lot and they won the ship here of late. Since some of you seem to be unclear in your geographic assessment, to be more specific, NorthShore is East of H-town just a tad bit and they have their own district of Galena Park. Funny how little towns on the Outskirts of Houston handle the whole DFW, but you guys seem to need the whole DFW to bolster your conversation. laughable, IMO. Get a team my brothers and football fans and stick with that team. Stop making yourselves look silly by bringing up "THE ALMIGHTY DFW" (DUN DUN DUNNNNN ... I hear that music when ever I see you guys stand behind the whole Metroplex... cracks me up every time.)

I think it is actually DF DUB 10 GHA 4 since 1980 as far as head to head. Those numbers include that little town west of Houston.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
But in this current year, the #3 GHA team beat the #1 DFW team. I guess we can always cherry pick which fact best backs up our argument.

True, then again I'll take the outcomes of ten years worth of games in lieu of one game and the opinion of a state poll. I take it youre not very good in poker. No offense.:)

lil_cb_05
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
freebus, i need some help. you described one of your receivers as being the fastest "in the state". please provide his number so i can figure out which one he is as i i don't remember a single ns receiver running behind the "unathletic" slc dbs. on the other hand i can think of 4 or 5 plays where slc receivers only needed a well-thrown ball to chalk up a score as they were clearly behind the much faster dbs. thanks in advance.

#2 but your cb #24 did a good job at shutting him down.

SLC
09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Good post. I dont think hardly any long time dragon fans predicted a blowout. Although I did say that if someone does win in a blowout it would be SLC.

I think for the most part NS brought exactly what was expected. No surprises.:)

I agree. I think I seen one Carroll poster predict a blowout by Carroll and I'm 90% sure he was drinking when he posted it or was a youngster showing his youth. I, and many others, thought at most a 10-11 point win for Carroll.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM

c'mon, being a roughneck doesn't automatically make you ignorant, though a few more posts like this will go a long way towards proving it. dfw includes the area around dfw not fwisd and disd. and houston area is more than just hisd. please tell me you are doing a bit.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
LOL, yes this holding call hasnt been mentioned much by the non-NS SLC haters. Theyve already swept it under the rug and have went directly to talking about SLC being blown off the field.

Good game NS and good coAching to boot.:)

I was pulling for DA SHO for obvious reasons. But while it's difficult for some SLC fans to see it right now, there are a lot of positives they can take away from this game. Same with GPNS. Great outing for both. Glad I watched it and missed the ORHS game. My DVR would have cut out the last 6 mins like it did for most people.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
True, then again I'll take the outcomes of ten years worth of games in lieu of one game and the opinion of a state poll. I take it youre not very good in poker. No offense.:)

I beat up on my little sisters and their husbands all the time. But then again, I taught them how to play. Damn foreigners. LOL

Squirrel88
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I was pulling for DA SHO for obvious reasons. But while it's difficult for some SLC fans to see it right now, there are a lot of positives they can take away from this game. Same with GPNS. Great outing for both. Glad I watched it and missed the ORHS game. My DVR would have cut out the last 6 mins like it did for most people.

I wish that our coaches would realize that we are a running team and do away with most of the passes. Just keep enough to keep the D honest.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
I wish that our coaches would realize that we are a running team and do away with most of the passes. Just keep enough to keep the D honest.

had that been the case, the outcome might have been settled a few minutes earlier. the same could have been the case for slc had we forced the run, as it was working, until we went away from it.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM

If you go back to the other thread, I was just about cussing Aymond out during the game for even thinking of passing. Glad they got away from it just in time to pull off the win. Woods and Cornett came up big in the 4th.

And Denby.... Holy crap. What a player..

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I think it is actually DF DUB 10 GHA 4 since 1980 as far as head to head. Those numbers include that little town west of Houston.

see, you understand where I'm coming from ... we've covered that topic before. Maxtor needs a lesson from you and Farmerfan.

also, you know I don't try to dispute the facts as you posted here. I just think we should talk about matchups of teams and notsomuch matchups of metro areas ... I'm just sayin'

maxtor
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM

You crack me up Rough. On the one hand you distance NS from H-town and then turn around and lay claim to Katy 33 miles away. Make up your mind.:rolleyes:

I like your little towns on the outskirts of Houston handling DFW. Good lord man, you cannot see how duplicitous this is? These are both metropoliton areas composed of small cities adjoining a larger city. You want houston teams to be individuals while you want DFW to a some football collective. We can play that game as well.
Lil old Southlake which is a 4 mile square can take on Houston all by itself.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:01 PM
i'm sure freebus' shoulder will be written up in orthopedic journals soon, as they describe the heroic measures taken to rebuild what his self-adulation has wracked. i bet he has lots of trouble in movies and church trying to hide the loud slaps it creates.

LOL. My gosh thats funny.:notworthy

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
You crack me up Rough. On the one hand you distance NS from H-town and then turn around and lay claim to Katy 33 miles away. Make up your mind.:rolleyes:

I like your little towns on the outskirts of Houston handling DFW. Good lord man, you cannot see how duplicitous this is? These are both metropoliton areas composed of small cities adjoining a larger city. You want houston teams to be individuals while you want DFW to a some football collective. We can play that game as well.

you forgot to call checkmate, so it doesn't count.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I agree. I think I seen one Carroll poster predict a blowout by Carroll and I'm 90% sure he was drinking when he posted it or was a youngster showing his youth. I, and many others, thought at most a 10-11 point win for Carroll.

I should PM this to you directly as I dont want anyone to claim sour grapes on my part. If the intangibles fall even SLC wins by 7-10 in the game i saw. If SLC were to have been the recipient of those intangibles they win 14-21. IMO.

And for those naysayers, NS earned the victory and SLC didnt.:)

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:07 PM

wow... are you serious? if you throw the ball 45 times... of course you are going to have a few catches..... you are really digging deep trying to save face..... get over it...... maybe the fact we were able to run it down your throats all night long had something to do with it...maybe it was the fact that we didnt need to throw the ball more than 6 times..... but if you want a foot race... im sure that can be arranged in a UIL track meet....but if you want to see a football team that plays defense... you were able to see it.:eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
c'mon, being a roughneck doesn't automatically make you ignorant, though a few more posts like this will go a long way towards proving it. dfw includes the area around dfw not fwisd and disd. and houston area is more than just hisd. please tell me you are doing a bit.

nice ... I have a point and an opinion and you got name calling ... sweet!

I'm a Katy fan ... no secret there. I support the Tigers and only the Tigers. Obviously you support the Dragons (great team btw). I just think it's laughable when fellas like you bring the whole metromess into your argument when it is never necessary. You're the freakin' Southlake Carroll Dragons for goodness sake. Stick with that! It's all you need! Do you walk around wearing tie die multi-colored clothing every day supporting all the schools you luv in the DF Dub? Heck no you don't. On occasion, I wear a bit of maroon from my alma mater Columbia High Roughnecks, but mostly I wear the Red of Katy. I suspect the GHA vs DFW argument is used by some up north to make themselves feel better. SLC fans don't need to use that argument to make themselves feel better. They got hardware to polish and that makes any fan feel better.

Surely, you sir, are not so dense that you don't understand my point? ... or are yuou doing a bit? ;):D

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I should PM this to you directly as I dont want anyone to claim sour grapes on my part. If the intangibles fall even SLC wins by 7-10 in the game i saw. If SLC were to have been the recipient of those intangibles they win 14-21. IMO.

And for those naysayers, NS earned the victory and SLC didnt.:)

cmon now... we were playing an hour from your place.... 3.5 hours from ours...using a DFW officiating crew..... cmon now.. we dont have the safety... we dont have 3 questionable personal foul penalties that put us in horrid field position... questionable no interference calls involving deadrew white... etc etc etc.... take your other 7... fine... it was 28-22... is that better?:eek:

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
see, you understand where I'm coming from ... we've covered that topic before. Maxtor needs a lesson from you and Farmerfan.

also, you know I don't try to dispute the facts as you posted here. I just think we should talk about matchups of teams and notsomuch matchups of metro areas ... I'm just sayin'

Any such comparisons of Houston and DFW were in response to the Houston crowd and their claims and boasts. Go back and look at the genesis of who said what and to whom. You'll see that it originated not from DFW.
Tell them to pipe down and not the guys getting the sand kicked in their face.:)

Frobeus
sorry, brain fart. i changed it.

I don't think it's anything like that. I think it was a very well planned defensive strategy.

NS easily could have loaded the box and held TA to under 50 yards rushing, HOWEVER, we all know good an well that would be suicide against the precision passing attack of SLC.

Most teams that SLC ever play will be forced into a sorta "pick your poison" type of situation. But, because of the pure speed that NS possesses on the DL and espc at the LB position, they are able to focus on stopping the pass, while still holding TA to tolerable rushing attempts of 5 yards or less.
Now normally, most teams would love to average that type of rushing yardage, espc against a def like NS, but for a team like SLC who comes into every game expecting to not only score, but to score quickly and often, that type of play for that kind of yardage can be very frustrating.

It's human nature. All of us are put in situations nearly everyday where we need to get someting accomplished. But, even when we know a method that might get the job done we often forgo it in favor of our own techniques. I believe the def of NS used this type of thinking against SLC. Teams like SLC that are accustomed to forcing their will onto other teams often times have difficulty in adjusting to more of a "take what they give you" type attack.

I fully expect SLC to learn from this game and be much more prepared if they face another def somewhere down the road that tries to emulate NS's blue print.

t00 playa

I'm a Katy fan ... no secret there. I support the Tigers and only the Tigers. Obviously you support the Dragons (great team btw). I just think it's laughable when fellas like you bring the whole metromess into your argument when it is never necessary. You're the freakin' Southlake Carroll Dragons for goodness sake. Stick with that! It's all you need! Do you walk around wearing tie die multi-colored clothing every day supporting all the schools you luv in the DF Dub? Heck no you don't. On occasion, I wear a bit of maroon from my alma mater Columbia High Roughnecks, but mostly I wear the Red of Katy. I suspect the GHA vs DFW argument is used by some up north to make themselves feel better. SLC fans don't need to use that argument to make themselves feel better. They got hardware to polish and that makes any fan feel better.

Surely, you sir, are not so dense that you don't understand my point? ... or are yuou doing a bit? ;):D

its all good.... he was positive no one could hold SLC under 30....much less one td and a couple of field goals the entire game...:eek:

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 10:18 PM

being as how i was raised in plano(7), raised my kids in slc(7), and now live in celina(8), i'm pretty sure i understand the untenable tower from which you hang. all 3 of my "homes" make your "home" a first loser at best. i am merely stating the obvious, which due to its overwhelming superiority is really unnecessary to bring up.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM

not me, that would be you and a few dragon fans that play that card when it is never ever necessary.

... and btw I don't distance NS from H-town. It isn't H-town. google it. I just happen to know Katy is 33 miles West because I drive there a lot to see good football played regularly. while we're talking about geography, it appears Galena Park is adjacent to Houston city limits.

look, you fellas got your panties in a knot so it looks to me like you got called out on claiming the whole DFW when not necessary.

I made my point. It's made clear by your anger that you get it.

SLC
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM

It's not a Carroll fan thing or a Mesquite fan thing or a Chill fan thing or a Lewisville fan thing. Understand, most of us are team first, area second, region third, R1/R2 shared fourth, top half of the state fifth and state sixth. We also recognize that there are some irregularities for R3 and R4 as opposed to R1 and R2 and we also recogize and support the tough as nails teams and the playoff brackets those teams bring come late November and December. It's much like the SEC in that they all back each other, because they know they are the best in the country. Farmer and I talk about this litterally ALL the time...We want as many teams as possible from the metromess to be good and we actually talk about wanting certain teams to go to certain divisions because we want the metromess to be the best represented it can be...Why?, because we want the metromess to win both 5A titles and all the titles they can and this goes beyond just 5A btw.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
cmon now... we were playing an hour from your place.... 3.5 hours from ours...using a DFW officiating crew..... cmon now.. we dont have the safety... we dont have 3 questionable personal foul penalties that put us in horrid field position... questionable no interference calls involving deadrew white... etc etc etc.... take your other 7... fine... it was 28-22... is that better?:eek:

I would offer my own complete list as well. Including interference calls and multiple penalties that should have been called on NS. NS had seven penalties and you think that was too many. NS had 7 penalties and I thought that wasnt near enough. I stand by my statement. I dont expect you to agree even if that were possible. Look at my signature.:)

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM

in the bolded print I was talking about the conversations had on this message board not the football played by teams from the two metro areas involved. I thought that I was obvioius in that attempt, but it's obvious to me now that I was not.

Anyone that argues that GHA is historically better than DFW doesn't know much about Texas 5A football. You won't ever see me argue that point. However, I will put Katy up against any team in this great state and especially up against your beloved Green Dragons. Man that is always a great atmosphere and a great game regardess of the outcome.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't think it's anything like that. I think it was a very well planned defensive strategy.

NS easily could have loaded the box and held TA to under 50 yards rushing, HOWEVER, we all know good an well that would be suicide against the precision passing attack of SLC.

Most teams that SLC ever play will be forced into a sorta "pick your poison" type of situation. But, because of the pure speed that NS possesses on the DL and espc at the LB position, they are able to focus on stopping the pass, while still holding TA to tolerable rushing attempts of 5 yards or less.
Now normally, most teams would love to average that type of rushing yardage, espc against a def like NS, but for a team like SLC who comes into every game expecting to not only score, but to score quickly and often, that type of play for that kind of yardage can be very frustrating.

It's human nature. All of us are put in situations nearly everyday where we need to get someting accomplished. But, even when we know a method that might get the job done we often forgo it in favor of our own techniques. I believe the def of NS used this type of thinking against SLC. Teams like SLC that are accustomed to forcing their will onto other teams often times have difficulty in adjusting to more of a "take what they give you" type attack.

I fully expect SLC to learn from this game and be much more prepared if they face another def somewhere down the road that tries to emulate NS's blue print.
i hope you are right. the slc coaches need to reread the dodge playbook and rewatch the dr-2 game from 04 when slc rushed for 250 and passed for 150 and won handily. agendas will get you beat pretty frequently. unless and until the slc coaches realize that taking what the defense gives you will win championships, expect more of the same.

85Roughneck

come on brother, you know I know that. but that's not my point, and you know that as well.

SLC

It could be and the ultimate of 22-15 will have to be, but without a doubt Carroll left at least 17 points on the field. It is what it is and that will have to suffice for this game, but I've little doubt that even with some goofy coaching decisions and our defense giving up the rushing yards, that we simply missed by a hair on two tds and I'll throw in the gaff on not taking the 3 points that was all but guaranteed with 4 minutes to go.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:27 PM
wow... are you serious? if you throw the ball 45 times... of course you are going to have a few catches..... you are really digging deep trying to save face..... get over it...... maybe the fact we were able to run it down your throats all night long had something to do with it...maybe it was the fact that we didnt need to throw the ball more than 6 times..... but if you want a foot race... im sure that can be arranged in a UIL track meet....but if you want to see a football team that plays defense... you were able to see it.:eek:

NS did have success in the running game. If NS has 335 yards in offense and SLC had 419 yards what glowing football vernacular would you describe SLCs ability to move the ball? You said NS "ran it down your throats". If you said this of NS I cant wait to hear your props on SLC!
Sure, the premise of the game is scoring points but this isnt the context of youre assertion and chosen language. Focus, stay on topic and answer the question.:)

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Any such comparisons of Houston and DFW were in response to the Houston crowd and their claims and boasts. Go back and look at the genesis of who said what and to whom. You'll see that it originated not from DFW.
Tell them to pipe down and not the guys getting the sand kicked in their face.:)

rise above it man, you don't need to play that card. take the high road. you know the way, the road that is lined with you Green Dragon 'ship trophies.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
not me, that would be you and a few dragon fans that play that card when it is never ever necessary.

... and btw I don't distance NS from H-town. It isn't H-town. google it. I just happen to know Katy is 33 miles West because I drive there a lot to see good football played regularly. while we're talking about geography, it appears Galena Park is adjacent to Houston city limits.

look, you fellas got your panties in a knot so it looks to me like you got called out on claiming the whole DFW when not necessary.

part of NS is in the houston city limits...and part is sitting just outside...:eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
being as how i was raised in plano(7), raised my kids in slc(7), and now live in celina(8), i'm pretty sure i understand the untenable tower from which you hang. all 3 of my "homes" make your "home" a first loser at best. i am merely stating the obvious, which due to its overwhelming superiority is really unnecessary to bring up.

then, sir, why must you use that crutch? do tell.

btw, you look more and more arrogant with every post. please stop showing your arse and making yourself look bad. it's embarrassing.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:36 PM

Your point is an amalgam of misconceptions and tangents. One thing is for sure, this tact is a lost cause of he said she said. Lets call it a draw.

I'm angry? How can you tell. It's self evident by the make up of your posts and personal attacks that it could be you that is angry.:) It's all good(wait, I hate that line). Have a nice day instead.

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
come on brother, you know I know that. but that's not my point, and you know that as well.

kt fans are well-versed in the distancing from region 3 completely. they feel(wrongly so) that the level of competition(can you really call it competition) is irrelevant. they stand alone very well unless sos/competition within the area/district/region is considered.

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
NS did have success in the running game. If NS has 335 yards in offense and SLC had 419 yards what glowing football vernacular would you describe SLCs ability to move the ball? You said NS "ran it down your throats". If you said this of NS I cant wait to hear your props on SLC!
Sure, the premise of the game is scoring points but this isnt the context of youre assertion and chosen language. Focus, stay on topic and answer the question.:)

We had 335 yards that resulted in 3 TD's.

You had 419 yards that resulted in 1 TD and 2 FG's.

The very nature of the spread offense, makes it easier to defend the closer you get to the goal line. The back of the endzone is a really wide 12th defender that you can't get around. It's wonderful if you can fly up and down the field between the 20's, but all those yards don't mean much if you settling for kicks when we are punching them in for 6.

The Texans were third in the NFL last year in yardage per game, but I don't think anyone was confusing them for a great team.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
It's not a Carroll fan thing or a Mesquite fan thing or a Chill fan thing or a Lewisville fan thing. Understand, most of us are team first, area second, region third, R1/R2 shared fourth, top half of the state fifth and state sixth. We also recognize that there are some irregularities for R3 and R4 as opposed to R1 and R2 and we also recogize and support the tough as nails teams and the playoff brackets those teams bring come late November and December. It's much like the SEC in that they all back each other, because they know they are the best in the country. Farmer and I talk about this litterally ALL the time...We want as many teams as possible from the metromess to be good and we actually talk about wanting certain teams to go to certain divisions because we want the metromess to be the best represented it can be...Why?, because we want the metromess to win both 5A titles and all the titles they can and this goes beyond just 5A btw.

Well said, the truth hurts them. I'm wishing Katy good luck this year. Theyre going to need it getting past the leviathans of Texas High school Football out there in reg 3. Other than Katy, no team has won state out of reg 3 D2 in 18 years. lol. It's like being snow skiing champion from South Africa.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM

the point in my posts to you and dd... are that for every pregame statement you want to call us on... we can call you on just as many........ this would go on forever.... you guys said this... we said that...... if you are looking for victories from this game...... go ahead.... take what you want.....ill take 500 yds of offense against us if all you get is 1 td and a couple of field goals..... so basically we scored pretty close to our average on offense...and held you guys to what? 40 points under your average?....... ill take that any day.... and so would you.. unless you are on the short end....

most of the dragon faithful have been gracious.... and i respect the true dragon faithful .....but it seems like a few of you are still looking for little moral victories.....go ahead... you can have them... you have more titles... no problem...you made too many mistakes this game and should have won it... yup... we are not the best team you have seen or will see...we showboat too much... the refs were on our side...... but but but you guys didnt out run us on every play....just on many of them...ok.. you got us on those.... any more that i missed?.:eek:

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:45 PM

The very nature of the spread offense, makes it easier to defend the closer you get to the goal line. The back of the endzone is a really wide 12th defender that you can't get around. It's wonderful if you can fly up and down the field between the 20's, but all those yards don't mean much if you settling for kicks when we are punching them in for 6.

The Texans were third in the NFL last year in yardage per game, but I don't think anyone was confusing them for a great team.

:notworthy

:eek:

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Well said, the truth hurts them. I'm wishing Katy good luck this year. Theyre going to need it getting past the leviathans of Texas High school Football out there in reg 3. Other than Katy, no team has won state out of reg 3 D2 in 18 years. lol. It's like being snow skiing champion from South Africa.

and..... what does all this have to do with this particular game on saturday night??? speaking of on topic...:eek:

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM

You didnt read/understand my post. I wasnt making a case for as SLC win. I was just pointing out the language someone used and asked him to commensurate about SLC.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM

Man, finally a voice of reason. I wondered how long it would take you. I so agree with this mentality (bolded). I guess my deal tonight is this. A couple of your brethren are coming up with a few too many excuses as to why/how the Dragons lost to a good Northshore team. I understand it's just analysis and all, but why does it have to be "yea SLC lost to NS, but DFW is still better than H-town, nyea nyea nyea :p"

... SLC lost. that's a big deal to SLC fan. I get it. I surely do. When my Tigers lost to Woods we had a few Katy fans do the same with the excuses ... turned my stomache, and I wanted to beyotch slap 'em with a strong back hand like Momma used to do. But you didn't see anyone from Katy say "Yeah, we lost to Woods but Katy from R3 still has more 'ships than Woods from R2". I just think it's not necessary for anyone from the DFW area to play that card. You all have won so much it ain't even funny. You get props and respect for winning all the time.

I got no beef with Maxtor or Dragonsdaddy, but I don't need to be insulted by them either. SLC, you got my respect for sure. Maxtor and Dragonsdaddy ... ehhh notsomuch.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Man, finally a voice of reason. I wondered how long it would take you. I so agree with this mentality (bolded). I guess my deal tonight is this. A couple of your brethren are coming up with a few too many excuses as to why/how the Dragons lost to a good Northshore team. I understand it's just analysis and all, but why does it have to be "yea SLC lost to NS, but DFW is still better than H-town, nyea nyea nyea :p"

... SLC lost. that's a big deal to SLC fan. I get it. I surely do. When my Tigers lost to Woods we had a few Katy fans do the same with the excuses ... turned my stomache, and I wanted to beyotch slap 'em with a strong back hand like Momma used to do. But you didn't see anyone from Katy say "Yeah, we lost to Woods but Katy from R3 still has more 'ships than Woods from R2". I just think it's not necessary for anyone from the DFW area to play that card. You all have won so much it ain't even funny. You get props and respect for winning all the time.

I got no beef with Maxtor or Dragonsdaddy, but I don't need to be insulted by them either. SLC, you got my respect for sure. Maxtor and Dragonsdaddy ... ehhh notsomuch.

sure does look like they are still bent out of shape with the result of the game.... oh well... im over the game... it meant nothing...both are still 0-0 in district.... im just glad our players fans and coaches gained a little respect on the football field...... thats all that matters to me....:eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
part of NS is in the houston city limits...and part is sitting just outside...:eek:

yes sir, we're saying the same thing as when I said adjacent.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
the point in my posts to you and dd... are that for every pregame statement you want to call us on... we can call you on just as many........ this would go on forever.... you guys said this... we said that...... if you are looking for victories from this game...... go ahead.... take what you want.....ill take 500 yds of offense against us if all you get is 1 td and a couple of field goals..... so basically we scored pretty close to our average on offense...and held you guys to what? 40 points under your average?....... ill take that any day.... and so would you.. unless you are on the short end....

most of the dragon faithful have been gracious.... and i respect the true dragon faithful .....but it seems like a few of you are still looking for little moral victories.....go ahead... you can have them... you have more titles... no problem...you made too many mistakes this game and should have won it... yup... we are not the best team you have seen or will see...we showboat too much... the refs were on our side...... but but but you guys didnt out run us on every play....just on many of them...ok.. you got us on those.... any more that i missed?.:eek:

You have perfected the art of sidestepping. You have made a perfectly valid point about something that we weren't talking about. Its amazing how often one is right when they utilize the 'straw man' argument. I asked you a question. Not only did you not answer it I dont think you even understood it. Even worse I dont think you realize there was even a question asked. Pay attention and look at what the subject matter actually is instead of what you want to glean from the text to be invented against itself.:)

maxtor
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM
and..... what does all this have to do with this particular game on saturday night??? speaking of on topic...:eek:

The topic was between a SLC fan and myself. We were talking about Katy and the region that theyre in. We were on topic.:) Our topic. Wanna join?

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Your point is an amalgam of misconceptions and tangents. One thing is for sure, this tact is a lost cause of he said she said. Lets call it a draw.

I'm angry? How can you tell. It's self evident by the make up of your posts and personal attacks that it could be you that is angry.:) It's all good(wait, I hate that line). Have a nice day instead.

man, I dig your vocabulary ... now let me splain mine a bit so you can dig it. Panties in a knot = extremely contradictory and absolutely engaged in attack mode

you guys support a winning team with tons of tradition, you don't need the crutches.

and btw, show me where I personally attacked someone this evening ...

have a nice day yourself. ;):D

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 10:59 PM
You have perfected the art of sidestepping. You have made a perfectly valid point about something that we weren't talking about. Its amazing how often one is right when they utilize the 'straw man' argument. I asked you a question. Not only did you not answer it I dont think you even understood it. Even worse I dont think you realize there was even a question asked. Pay attention and look at what the subject matter actually is instead of what you want to glean from the text to be invented against itself.:)

ditto my friend.. you have been turning and twisting through these threads like a snake in the grass.... no matter what anyone says.. they are sidestepping...of course they are sidestepping...thats your rebutl to everything... maybe you need to follow your own posts a lil more closely.... so stop crying already....:eek:

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 11:02 PM
The topic was between a SLC fan and myself. We were talking about Katy and the region that theyre in. We were on topic.:) Our topic. Wanna join?

what is the topic and title of this thread? now whos in the wrong thread? .. lol... anything else? i mean.. since we are "on topic":eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:03 PM
kt fans are well-versed in the distancing from region 3 completely. they feel(wrongly so) that the level of competition(can you really call it competition) is irrelevant. they stand alone very well unless sos/competition within the area/district/region is considered right up until we beat the best from R1 or R2 for the championship.

had to FIFY a bit ... and quit shooting at me man, I'm not shooting at you or Maxtor either. Your team is great. I'm not disputing that. it's evident to me that you and Maxtor got my point. nuff said.

Good luck to your Dragons. I suspect they will go deep in the POs. Hopefully Katy will be there to match up with them again. 1 and 1 sucks don't it? :cool:

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM

I take it I'm not getting a birthday card from you rough?;) Sorry rough, when someone exaggerates or makes a falsehood I feel compelled to reply. You can take this as sour grapes but thats your perception and not reality.
A NS win doesn't give people license to characterize the game outside of what really happened. And as for references to Houston football at large this is a message board with endless tangents. People respond to those tangents.;)

t00 playa

yada yada yada... just be glad we didnt play last year...because if this carroll team was supposed to be better than last years... then ....wow.:eek:

SLC

They are both good guys and are both defending what started with another poster, I understand them doing that. Neither of them are saying that North Shore didn't win...They are pointing out what Carroll did or didn't do and what North Shore did or didn't do...Once you get past the congratulatory posts, it's ok to talk about the game and what transpired and a great many of us Carroll fans agree we got beat, yet also see that some things by Carroll may have well helped that result, even given what North Shore did and how well they played.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I take it I'm not getting a birthday card from you rough?;) Sorry rough, when someone exaggerates or makes a falsehood I feel compelled to reply. You can take this as sour grapes but thats your perception and not reality.A NS win doesn't give people license to characterize the game outside of what really happened. And as for references to Houston football at large this is a message board with endless tangents. People respond to those tangents.;)

well you are certainly doing a great job of working that perception.:eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:08 PM

ROFLMAO ... you crack me up ... and nobody disputes that, but why is Katy fan responsible for the rest of GHA inablility to win the 'ship? seriously, that was a rhetorical question.

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I mean.. all these negative posts.... i mean.. cmon... we are at best 6th in the houston area behind Woodlands, Katy, Lamar, Dekaney and westfield.....

its not a big deal.... sore losers will always show up....:eek:

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:11 PM

pot ... kettle ... black ... ;)

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM

I dont think hes able to see that.... its pretty obvious....:eek:

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
what is the topic and title of this thread? now whos in the wrong thread? .. lol... anything else? i mean.. since we are "on topic":eek:

There are multiple topics within a given thread, especially one of this length. When you respond to a post you need to stay within the topic as expressed or an article exuding from it. You respond to something that doesnt exist and this is why you feel as though you are right. It's much more difficult to prove a point when the onus is on you to actually address the subject matter and not some invention of the mind. In the vernacular of the peasantry, youre lost sir. No offense.:)

t00 playa
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
SLC fan

Were there as many crickets on yalls side as ours?:eek:

dragonsdaddy
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
well that proves it, i guess. there must be some other irrelevant inanities you can use to bolster you untenable position. no? oh well. often and loud works every time, i hear.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:17 PM
yada yada yada... just be glad we didnt play last year...because if this carroll team was supposed to be better than last years... then ....wow.:eek:

Dang Playa, surely you donty want to bring up past seasons of Southlake vs. the Shore? It's like Phylis Diller wanting to compare bikini photo shoots with Christie Brinkley.
The Shore beat SLC fair and square. Enjoy the moment fella. :)

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I take it I'm not getting a birthday card from you rough?;) Sorry rough, when someone exaggerates or makes a falsehood I feel compelled to reply. You can take this as sour grapes but thats your perception and not reality.
A NS win doesn't give people license to characterize the game outside of what really happened.And as for references to Houston football at large this is a message board with endless tangents. People respond to those tangents.;)

yep, they sure do respond to tangents. I don't think the Sho fans were doing much more than giving their opinions tonight. You would have done well to simply agree to disagree instead of getting up on your high horse ... I'm just sayin' ... my perception is that you enjoy pushing folks buttons. I've seen you work before. I know your MO with the vocabulary and all.

... but hey man, you can earn my respect once again if you can use that immense vocabulary in a more civil tone. Heck, I might even run down to Walgreen's this very night and get you a birthday card and hold it until your birthday comes. it's all good (I like that saying) ;):D

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
ROFLMAO ... you crack me up ... and nobody disputes that, but why is Katy fan responsible for the rest of GHA inablility to win the 'ship? seriously, that was a rhetorical question.

Sorry rough, SLC fan and I have another deal going on between us. Maybe I should PM this stuff instead. My bad, I should pick another time to rag on region 3.:)

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:22 PM
They are both good guys and are both defending what started with another poster, I understand them doing that. Neither of them are saying that North Shore didn't win...They are pointing out what Carroll did or didn't do and what North Shore did or didn't do...Once you get past the congratulatory posts, it's ok to talk about the game and what transpired and a great many of us Carroll fans agree we got beat, yet also see that some things by Carroll may have well helped that result, even given what North Shore did and how well they played.

zactly ... we're on the same page my friend. have a good night. cya

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I mean.. all these negative posts.... i mean.. cmon... we are at best 6th in the houston area behind Woodlands, Katy, Lamar, Dekaney and westfield.....

its not a big deal.... sore losers will always show up....:eek:

Negative posts? I just see people talking football. Funny, when someone else posts its "negative". lol.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:24 PM

Now rough, youre not getting lost again? Come baaaack. Come baaaaack!:)

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Dang Playa, surely you donty want to bring up past seasons of Southlake vs. the Shore? It's like Phylis Diller wanting to compare bikini photo shoots with Christie Brinkley.
The Shore beat SLC fair and square. Enjoy the moment fella. :)

Just sayin, 03 NS would slaughter any team that SLC has ever put on a football field. .... Just sayin.

85Roughneck
09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Sorry rough, SLC fan and I have another deal going on between us. Maybe I should PM this stuff instead. My bad, I should pick another time to rag on region 3.:)

apology accepted ... and I can take whatever heat you can dish out on R3, but then again I'm Katy fan. :cool:

ya'll take care I'm hitting the rack.

g-nite Maxtor
g-nite Dragonsdaddy
sleep tight

SLC
Just sayin, 03 NS would slaughter any team that SLC has ever put on a football field. .... Just sayin.

Sorry, but no.

Just saying.

85Roughneck
Now rough, youre not getting lost again? Come baaaack. Come baaaaack!:)

LOL ... good one, bro, cya tomorrow.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
yep, they sure do respond to tangents. I don't think the Sho fans were doing much more than giving their opinions tonight. You would have done well to simply agree to disagree instead of getting up on your high horse ... I'm just sayin' ... my perception is that you enjoy pushing folks buttons. I've seen you work before. I know your MO with the vocabulary and all.

... but hey man, you can earn my respect once again if you can use that immense vocabulary in a more civil tone. Heck, I might even run down to Walgreen's this very night and get you a birthday card and hold it until your birthday comes. it's all good (I like that saying) ;):D

Well rough, I myself am a victim of the nature and brevity of these forums as they do not lend themselves to coming across civilly when as much wasnt intended. Sarcasm and tongue in cheeks are pretty much lost here. Nonetheless if you were on my side you would pretty much be in agreement with everything Ive said. Your bias has found you out sir. Take these posts with a grain of salt. I consider you a friend from here on out. Playa, its not too late for you too!:)

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Sorry, but no.

Just saying.

Obviously, we can't really argue this. But you can ask 03 woodlands how well a spread offense works when the quarterback is getting hit before the shotgun snap can even get to him.

maxtor
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM

Possibly so. I dont think that one could really be confident enough to say "slaughter".

North Shore killed their opponents. Theres a reason why. Northshore played the easiest 15 game schedule in the history of football in 03' SLC played some of the toughest. Below are the win % of all opponents faced bya champion with Marshall's opponents having a collective 78 win %. The Shore is at the bottom of the list. Look at SLCs near the top. Does this prove that SLC is better than 03' NS? Of course not but then ahgain it certainly proves that one cannot assume that NS would destroy SLC either. And one more thing. Even the lousy win % of NSs opponents also included some of inner city houston teams.

1 - 78.38 Marshall (1990)
2 - 76.02 Allen (2008)
3 - 74.06 Aldine (1990)
4 - 72.57 Garland (1999)
5 - 72.04 Midland Lee (2000)
6 - 71.76 Southlake Carroll (2004)
7 - 71.76 Katy (2008)
8 - 71.61 Dallas Carter (1988)
9 - 71.05 Beaumont French (1984)
10 - 71.00 Southlake Carroll (2005)
11 - 70.68 Southlake Carroll (2002)
12 - 70.56 Lake Highlands (1981)
13 - 70 Southlake Carroll (2006)
14 - 69.88 Temple (1992)
15 - 69.63 Beaumont West Brook (1982)
16 - 69.49 Lufkin (2001)
17 - 69.20 Converse Judson (1988)
18 - 69.09 Converse Judson (1992)
19 - 68.94 Killeen (1991)
20 - 68.82 Odessa Permian (1991)
21 - 68.78 Plano (1986)
22 - 68.58 Duncanville (1998)
23 - 68.42 Euless Trinity (2007)
24 - 67.97 Odessa Permian (1980)
25 - 67.61 Katy (2000)
26 - 67.44 Tyler John Tyler (1994)
27 - 67.26 Converse Judson (1983)
28 - 66.96 Odessa Permian (1984)
29 - 66.66 Cedar Hill (2006)
30 - 66.66 Tyler Lee (2004)
31 - 66.46 Odessa Permian (1989)
32 - 65.66 Plano (1987)
33 - 65.49 SA Roosevelt (1995)
34 - 65.38 Katy (1997)
35 - 65.16 Midland Lee (1999)
36 - 64.91 Katy (2003)
37 - 64.74 Mesquite (2001)
38 - 64.42 Lewisville (1996)
39 - 64.41 Converse Judson (1993)
40 - 64.24 Converse Judson (1995)
41 - 63.60 Flower Mound Marcus (1997)
42 - 63.15 Midland Lee (1998)
43 - 62.79 Houston Yates (1985)
44 - 62.34 Austin Westlake (1996)
45 - 62.17 Converse Judson (2002)
46 - 61.98 Katy (2007)
47 - 61.63 Plano (1994)
48 - 60.64 Euless Trinity (2005)
49 - 60.05 Lewisville (1993)
50 - 57.79 GP North Shore (2003)

SLC
09-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Obviously, we can't really argue this. But you can ask 03 woodlands how well a spread offense works when the quarterback is getting hit before the shotgun snap can even get to him.

I look no farther then your SOS that season vs who the '05 Dragons played and beat that season and all that was thrown at them to try and slow them down.

For the record I put the '03 North Shore team right behind the '85 Yates team.

Frobeus
09-27-2009, 11:49 PM
No question that our district then was nothing but a bunch of slappys and that really brings that win% thing down, but it's not like the scores got any closer once we got into the playoffs.

Ask westlake ;)

twcpfan1
09-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Woodlands did not run the spread in 03. They went with the spread starting last year. They ran the pro set in the 03 state game.

Although I can't quite remember now what percentage of the snaps Dodson set up from the gun.

LPack007
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM

Yea I agree, that defense NS had last year was alot better than the one I saw vs Carroll on tv Imo..

LPack007
09-28-2009, 12:34 AM

nevermind..

slcdragonfan
09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
dang, leave this place for 24 hours and see what happens...
Yes, there were a lot of crickets. a WHOLE LOT of crickets. :)

SLC
09-28-2009, 12:48 AM
dang, leave this place for 24 hours and see what happens...
Yes, there were a lot of crickets. a WHOLE LOT of crickets. :)

Yes there was.

And I never saw you sir...where were you hiding?:)

DragonBand06
09-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Obviously, we can't really argue this. But you can ask 03 woodlands how well a spread offense works when the quarterback is getting hit before the shotgun snap can even get to him.For one, '03 Woodlands ran a pro set, not a spread. I believe this was stated earlier. Secondly, if the QB WAS getting hit before the snap got to him, that says one thing to me, and it's not that NS's D-line was stellar, it's that the woodz O-line must not have been great. I think it's ridiculous to claim that 03 NS would blow away any SLC team, especially since this year's team is in my opinion good but nowhere near the level of 05 SLC. Just because you win one game, you don't get the right to start claiming ridiculous statements as truth.

SLC
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM
For one, '03 Woodlands ran a pro set, not a spread. I believe this was stated earlier. Secondly, if the QB WAS getting hit before the snap got to him, that says one thing to me, and it's not that NS's D-line was stellar, it's that the woodz O-line must not have been great. I think it's ridiculous to claim that 03 NS would blow away any SLC team, especially since this year's team is in my opinion good but nowhere near the level of 05 SLC. Just because you win one game, you don't get the right to start claiming ridiculous statements as truth.

Frobeus could right a novel as thick as the dictionary doing so.

slcdragonfan
09-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Yes there was.

And I never saw you sir...where were you hiding?:)

My family caused me to come in late, we got there about 30 minutes before the game, my Dad can't walk too well. With all that, I didn't get to visit the tailgating. Sorry to miss everybody, I was really looking forward to dropping in and meeting a few folks here as well as the North Shore folks.

Frobeus
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
For one, '03 Woodlands ran a pro set, not a spread. I believe this was stated earlier. Secondly, if the QB WAS getting hit before the snap got to him, that says one thing to me, and it's not that NS's D-line was stellar, it's that the woodz O-line must not have been great. I think it's ridiculous to claim that 03 NS would blow away any SLC team, especially since this year's team is in my opinion good but nowhere near the level of 05 SLC. Just because you win one game, you don't get the right to start claiming ridiculous statements as truth.

Not really basing that off this game at all, but was really more of a joke. Obviously we will never know who would win between those teams since they can't play each other.

Seriously thought 03, was out of this world for NS.

So was 05 for SLC. Would have been fun. Just simmer down guys. ;)

Frobeus
09-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Frobeus could right a novel as thick as the dictionary doing so.

TBH, outside of the 03 reference, I don't feel like I've made any ridiculous statements.

I predicted 31-27 in favor of NS, and I was pretty close. Spotted slc a few xtra.

I said that our speed and physicality would be an issue for SLC in this game and it was.

Actually I feel like I've been pretty spot on.

ScottS
09-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Ok, I'm late getting to this tread as I was unplugged for a couple of days. Great game. NS has some amazing speed. I'm guessing several of their RBs are major D1A recruits. Anyway, congratulations to North Shore. This game reminded me alot of the Miami North West game.

t00 playa
09-28-2009, 06:53 AM
talk about a thread going in circles.... but this always happens .... a few start wanting to argue about everything under the sun.....

good game southlake.... good luck the rest of the way.. im sure you guys will be just fine... and thats all that matters...... :eek:

NSMustangProud
09-28-2009, 07:58 AM
talk about a thread going in circles.... but this always happens .... a few start wanting to argue about everything under the sun.....

good game southlake.... good luck the rest of the way.. im sure you guys will be just fine... and thats all that matters...... :eek:

Haha......AS THE WORLD TURN.....WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

NSMustangProud
09-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Not really basing that off this game at all, but was really more of a joke. Obviously we will never know who would win between those teams since they can't play each other.

Seriously thought 03, was out of this world for NS.

So was 05 for SLC. Would have been fun. Just simmer down guys. ;)

Froeb, 03 was an out of this world for NS and there's nothing wrong for stating that.....we all loved that team and always will! Right now, it's hard to say anything.....give it a few weeks!

85Roughneck
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Well rough, I myself am a victim of the nature and brevity of these forums as they do not lend themselves to coming across civilly when as much wasnt intended. Sarcasm and tongue in cheeks are pretty much lost here. Nonetheless if you were on my side you would pretty much be in agreement with everything Ive said. Your bias has found you out sir. Take these posts with a grain of salt. I consider you a friend from here on out. Playa, its not too late for you too!:)

likewise, I'm sure ... and you and I are cool. Peace out. :cool:

dragonbuck
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I just love all the congrarts all the fans are giving each other on this thread, kinda makes me wonder is it,s real or memorex:rolleyes: I watch the game , it,s like last season,SLC has never been the same since Todd left.With that said the talent is not as good as before either.They still have a good team and willl make noise, but I don,t think they can get back too where they want to be. NS was just to physical and fast. NS looks goood but I did not see anything that makes me think they can win it all . Any we have still have not beaten either of these teams :(.....so good game guys.

Packfan, with all due respect, don't watch just one game and judge talent. We put up 450 yards on a D that many say is the best in the state. And that was by an offense being led by a QB that didn't play the week before and was in the hospital. I have been closely watching Dragon football for many years, and this team has huge overall talent. For a team not firing on all cylinders to rack up 450 yards against a stout D is prettty good. They don't have Renfro, Daniel, Jacobsen or McElroy, and are thus lacking a super star. But this team will have 10+ D-1 recruits before the end of the year. Avers is averaging more than Luna did and the team will get back to their impressive norm. The D give up 310 yards to a one dimensional offense, but that was not uncommon in the Dodge era. We just outscored everyone. credit to NS for keeping us out of the endzone with 1st and goal twice.

In any case, I'd like to get your perspective about this Dragon team after the playoff run.

dragonsdaddy
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
you bring up the illness. was he suffering any ill effects on saturday? if there was any fatigue/weakness/etc, was it a good decision to play him? i'm just asking as a concerned fan. playing that kind of defense is hard enough without any lingering effects.

dragonbuck
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
you bring up the illness. was he suffering any ill effects on saturday? if there was any fatigue/weakness/etc, was it a good decision to play him? i'm just asking as a concerned fan. playing that kind of defense is hard enough without any lingering effects.

No excuses. let's just say he wasn't himself.

dragonsdaddy
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
No excuses. let's just say he wasn't himself.

do you have any excuses for not applying the delete function to some of the mail in your stuffed mailbox?

SLC93
09-28-2009, 12:26 PM

I didn't think he looked right, at all. There were moments when he scrambled that he looked like himself but that's what he is naturally so his instincts made for those moments, imo. Where is was evident was in the passing game. The NS defense had nothing to do with how he was planting his feet or driving the ball. His mechanics were off and, imo, his arm looked weak. I've been very supportive of DP and will continue to be so. He's really progressed in the last season. The right call for this game, however, would have seen him in spot duty with KW playing the majority of the snaps. He was fully healthy, is bigger, stronger and has the zip on his ball that was missing on Saturday. U really believe he would have presented NS with more to think about. With KW starting you put your best foot forward for the present while doing the best thing for the future. DP gets some snaps to get his feet wet and then goes into a bye to fully heal and bounce back.

NS fans, please understand that my take on this particular situation is not meant to take any of the luster off of your performance. It's merely my opinion.

SLC93
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM
do you have any excuses for not applying the delete function to some of the mail in your stuffed mailbox?

Medical marijuana based peanut butter.;)

DragonFan0316
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
All the other threads are polite. I was wondering where the trash talk was. NS whipped our butts Saturday. And if this years defense is inferior to last years, I am glad we didn't play last year. Did NS win state in 03? I twould have been div 1 right? I have always thought they would be a good team to avoid in the playoffs. This year we lost but we can use the game to learn and we still have a shot at state. best of both worlds I would say. Good luck NS. Would love to get a rematch this year.:)

Squirrel88
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
All the other threads are polite. I was wondering where the trash talk was. NS whipped our butts Saturday. And if this years defense is inferior to last years, I am glad we didn't play last year. Did NS win state in 03? I twould have been div 1 right? I have always thought they would be a good team to avoid in the playoffs. This year we lost but we can use the game to learn and we still have a shot at state. best of both worlds I would say. Good luck NS. Would love to get a rematch this year.:)

I would love to see a rematch between these two teams. Lets again make it a neutral site. I am thinking the berry center or woodforest stadium would make a great neutral site! :eek:

xnfl
09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Thoughts on coppell?

Big Daddy Cool
09-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Yes North Shore's 03' title was in D1. As far as rematch this season that's not going to happen as we are a D1 lock and you guys are locked into the D2 bracket. The only way for us to meet again is if the UIL does us both goofy again and puts in five team districts.

Mr. Rod
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
I would love to see a rematch between these two teams. Lets again make it a neutral site. I am thinking the berry center or woodforest stadium would make a great neutral site! :eek:

With the way traffic is going to berry, it'll be the same drive going to 'Cana. lol

The Field Hogger
09-30-2009, 08:49 PM
northshore won 2 state championships,not just 1......they won it in 03 and they won it last season in 08......they beat wylie in the 08 DII state finals 21 to 14

Mr. Rod
09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
northshore won 2 state championships,not just 1......they won it in 03 and they won it last season in 08......they beat wylie in the 08 DII state finals 21 to 14

WHAT?! :eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Field Hogger
09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
WHAT?! :eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

yeh,u must have slept during the state finals last season if u didn't know that northshore won they second state title and i think that hightower defeated katy in the DI game 17 to 3........i pick hightower and northshore to win the titles again in 09

Mr. Rod
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
yeh,u must have slept during the state finals last season if u didn't know that northshore won they second state title and i think that hightower defeated katy in the DI game 17 to 3........i pick hightower and northshore to win the titles again in 09

Division 1 - Allen Beat Hightower
Division 2 - Katy Beat Wylie

NS fans and players were at home watching other teams play on tv. With the exception of me because I was at Reliant watching both games. North Shore lost to Hightower in the second round.

SLC
09-30-2009, 09:11 PM

WHAT?! :eek::confused::confused::confused:

Old Field Hogger is smoking that maryhootchie again.:D

Mr. Rod
09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Old Field Hogger is smoking that maryhootchie again.:D

He's on that Michael Phelps type of ish lol

SLC
09-30-2009, 09:14 PM
He's on that Michael Phelps type of ish lol

That sticky icky..lol.

Mr. Rod
09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
That sticky icky..lol.

Oh ok, you talkin' about that Gangsta Grass, or maybe your talkin' bout that Disney Channel Bud (That dude from that Raven show)

SLC
09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh ok, you talkin' about that Gangsta Grass, or maybe your talkin' bout that Disney Channel Bud (That dude from that Raven show)

Denifinately the sticky grass.:D

85Roughneck
09-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Denifinately the sticky grass.:D

looks to me like The Field Hogger has rolled up a whole frisbee of hoglegs and has put away at least half a frisbee full ... must have cost him a small fortune. :notworthy

SLC
09-30-2009, 10:45 PM
looks to me like The Field Hogger has rolled up a whole frisbee of hoglegs and has put away at least half a frisbee full ... must have cost him a small fortune. :notworthy

For sure...The field he is hogging is a field full of tweeds.:D

SLC93
10-01-2009, 07:01 AM

:D ....... 85 said hoglegs ..... priceless ... :D

E-Vol-ution
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Smokin that water and listening to screw music is having a greater effect on the Houston area than initial reports have shown.:D

Mr. Rod
10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Smokin that water and listening to screw music is having a greater effect on the Houston area than initial reports have shown.:D

Nothing wrong with listening to Screw. Now listening to today's rap music thats a different story.

E-Vol-ution
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm really just messing around because I know that's where it originates........but you are right, unless it's Talib Kweli / Mos Def type stuff.
Nothing wrong with listening to Screw. Now listening to today's rap music thats a different story.