PDA

View Full Version : Copperas Cove vs. Temple

CCDawgs
09-26-2009, 12:35 PM
This one is shaping up to be a good game. Cove is coming off a win vs. a much improved Ellison team. Temple is coming off a big win against Plano. Temple has one of the best in the nation but not much support around him. I see a close first half with Cove running away in the 2nd half. Thoughts?

iluvit73
09-26-2009, 01:38 PM
The only thing I am concerned about is Cove's defense. Cove have always made good halftime adjustments. I don't panic until the clock reads zero. Cove is still growing and learning. Cove will beat Temple. My prediction Cove 35 Temple 21

Eldawgo
09-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Went to the Temple/Console game. They (Temple) have a "Hoss" running back #23, Derek Davis. He pounds hard for short to medium gains. No speed or long run endurance, but good. I don't think they used Lache like they should or could. If he gets enough ball handling he'll be a serious threat. However, Temple's defense noway, nohow will be able to stop the Dawgs offense. Even if Temple scores big points, Dawgs will score more. Should be a fun game to watch.

CCDawgs
09-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Went to the Temple/Console game. They (Temple) have a "Hoss" running back #23, Derek Davis. He pounds hard for short to medium gains. No speed or long run endurance, but good. I don't think they used Lache like they should or could. If he gets enough ball handling he'll be a serious threat. However, Temple's defense noway, nohow will be able to stop the Dawgs offense. Even if Temple scores big points, Dawgs will score more. Should be a fun game to watch.

It baffles me that Seastrunk only gets about 10 or 15 touches a game. He is a homerun threat everytime he gets the ball so I would be giving him 30 to 35 touches. Really doesnt make any sense.

bullshark
09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
i think cove jumps out early and often

corycone33
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
It baffles me that Seastrunk only gets about 10 or 15 touches a game. He is a homerun threat everytime he gets the ball so I would be giving him 30 to 35 touches. Really doesnt make any sense.

doesn't make sence to you either? This coaching staff hasn't made any sence to me for the last 5yrs. This game is not even close. Forget cove's talent. They will win alone on heart and actual good coaching. this staff has ruined these kids. This was suppose to be a very talented group. They had been together since 3rd grade and didn't lose a game until they got to high school

halftime score

cove 16
temple 7

final score

cove 45
temple 14

TemCat21
09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Gotta agree with Cory. Temple is imploding this year. Its the result of a major lack of discipline over the past few years for these kids. The coaches in temple cant even get on the same page how can we expect the kids to play as a team. I don't even want ESPN to come to town, not going to be a good representation of Wildcat football. I guess Im done venting for now.

Cove wins, not even a close game.

corycone33
09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Gotta agree with Cory. Temple is imploding this year. Its the result of a major lack of discipline over the past few years for these kids. The coaches in temple cant even get on the same page how can we expect the kids to play as a team. I don't even want ESPN to come to town, not going to be a good representation of Wildcat football. I guess Im done venting for now.

Cove wins, not even a close game.

I seriously wish ESPN could back out. this will be a disaster. I know Belton is licking their chops to stomp temple. they can make up for the many yrs of temple dominating them in just one night on tv

sdscove
09-26-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm with everyone else in thinking Cove wins, but I was with everyone else thinking Plano would beat Temple. That didn't happen. Cove has one major advantage - they just got done seeingthe Wing-T last week. The Defense should be better prepared this week. Seastrunk is fast, but so is Cove's defense.

Eldawgo
09-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I can promise you that one of the reasons this game is being televised is because Temple has a "Blue Chip" player in Seastrunk as well as Belton having a good QB. I think that the coaching staff will inevitably get caught up in the hooplah and will give Lache a lot of touches in the Belton game. As far as Cove's defense being fast, true. However I remember them closing in on Lache last year and he just turned on the after burners and was gone! angle's, angle's angle's will be important after and if containment fails.

corycone33
09-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm with everyone else in thinking Cove wins, but I was with everyone else thinking Plano would beat Temple. That didn't happen. Cove has one major advantage - they just got done seeingthe Wing-T last week. The Defense should be better prepared this week. Seastrunk is fast, but so is Cove's defense.

Don't let that plano score fool you. Plano lost 60 seniors from last yr. Plano got beat by plano east last night 38-14. Plano is just as bad as temple is this yr

stevefoxsc
09-26-2009, 09:24 PM
cove will win, temple is basically being carried by lache.

As far as belton goes, they can wait to get there pay back, i'm sure that shut out is still hurting them :)

zach0321
09-27-2009, 12:25 PM
this will not be a game at all, cove is way to good and Temple is way to bad. in fact im not even going to waste my friday night to watch this game. I just hope we can hurry up this season so we dont have to live through this agony any more.

cove 56
Temple 17

covedawgfan
09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Interesting posts, especially from the Temple fans. I have not seen the Wildcats but I did listen to the game against AMC. I have to project that the Dawgs will win, after all I am CoveDawgFan. But I really believe this will be a real good game. Cove's Defense is still growing and maturing, but have not been able (since the 4th quarter of the Waco game) to stop the run or the pass. I think they will come together soon, so I am not living in fear yet. But I think Temple will get a good offensive output from their ground game. If Cove's Defense gels they might avoid letting the Wildcats get two or three touchdowns. Cove's Offense has the ability to put 6-7 touchdowns on the board, even though they were held to 2 TDs by Ellison's Defense (special teams accounted for 1 TD and 2 FGs). I say Cove by 3 TDs. Go Dawgs ALL-TUIT!

stevefoxsc
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Interesting posts, especially from the Temple fans. I have not seen the Wildcats but I did listen to the game against AMC. I have to project that the Dawgs will win, after all I am CoveDawgFan. But I really believe this will be a real good game. Cove's Defense is still growing and maturing, but have not been able (since the 4th quarter of the Waco game) to stop the run or the pass. I think they will come together soon, so I am not living in fear yet. But I think Temple will get a good offensive output from their ground game. If Cove's Defense gels they might avoid letting the Wildcats get two or three touchdowns. Cove's Offense has the ability to put 6-7 touchdowns on the board, even though they were held to 2 TDs by Ellison's Defense (special teams accounted for 1 TD and 2 FGs). I say Cove by 3 TDs. Go Dawgs ALL-TUIT!

temple aint the same temple it was in the days.

When i graduated in 04 that was one of the only winning classes we had (03 season) they have talent, they just don't have the right people for the job to make them come together.

CCDawgs
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I love the Temple fans posts. But atleast your still supporting your team :rolleyes:

corycone33
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I love the Temple fans posts. But atleast your still supporting your team :rolleyes:

come on CCDAWGS. You guys use to know how it was.We are sick and tired of inadequate coaches. It is time for a change

Hammeroftruth
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I voted for Cove in the poll, but I'm not so sure Cove has the cakewalk a lot of others seem to think they do. If Temple would utilize Seastrunk a bit better, in conjunction with #23, they could give Cove's defense fits. I was at the Temple/AMC game and I agree that Temple's coaching staff is making a big mistake by not utilizing Seastrunk more. Kinda reminds me of Art Briles at Baylor trying to turn Robert Griffin into a pocket passer. I guess some coaches just don't know how to use their talent....

bob1122
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
ESPN? Are they just doing a story or is Cove v. Temple going to be on TV?

Hammeroftruth
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
ESPN? Are they just doing a story or is Cove v. Temple going to be on TV?
Nope. Belton vs. Temple is going to be on ESPN.

Covedawg
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I was also at the Temple/Consol game...If the Consol backs had any speed, they would have put 50 points up. Lache got the ball only 13 times...what a waste of a talent, these coaches should be ashamed at their play calling...Temple defense is not going to be able to handle triple threat attack, this one could get real ugly real quick

Cove 55
Temple 14

GO DAWGS

zach0321
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I was also at the Temple/Consol game...If the Consol backs had any speed, they would have put 50 points up. Lache got the ball only 13 times...what a waste of a talent, these coaches should be ashamed at their play calling...Temple defense is not going to be able to handle triple threat attack, this one could get real ugly real quick

Cove 55
Temple 14

GO DAWGS

Sadly i agree with you..:(

covedawgfan
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Temple has two back who both had over 100 yds against AMC, Cove must be able to focus on Speed and strenght. This game will be a good game. Go Dawgs ALL-TUIT!

CCDawgs
09-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Lets get this off the 2nd page. But im hoping Temple will put up more of a fight this year than last. How many Temple fans can we expect? Cause i know people in the area will probably go to the game to check out Seastrunk.

sdscove
09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Cove wins because Temple wears gay pants.

Hammeroftruth
09-29-2009, 09:28 PM

Cove wins-true statement
Temple wears gay pants-also a true statement.
Cove wins because Temple wears gay pants?? Not so much. Cove wins because they play better football than Temple.

CCDawgs
09-29-2009, 10:56 PM

Genius :laugh

covedawgfan
09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
This is a very important game for both teams. Temple will be playing for their post season life. They still have Belton and Ellison to play and both of them could give them fits end their post season hopes. If Temple loses to Cove that would give them two losses. They know they have to play their best game, so I do not see them just giving up and letting Cove win. The Bulldawgs will also have to play a good game to beat this team. They are not easy pickings. I am looking for a great game but I am looking for the Dawgs to win. Go Dawgs, ALL TUIT!

corycone33
09-30-2009, 09:31 AM

First of all. Temple is falling apart. We had our best cornerback quit last week. One of our best LB's quit this week. WE have two other starters that are suspended the whole game the other until halftime. Cove should win the game by halftime.

Ok you country peckerheads. Talk about the bluefront white back is crossing the line. Those pants have gotten us 7 state appearances and 2 state titles. I don't care how good cove has done. They won't be winning any state titles anytime soon. Why do you guys still play in a 2A stadium? Your announcer is so dam annoying. Are we going to have to put up with him this yr? tradition is not made to be mocked

zach0321
09-30-2009, 12:06 PM

Well if were picking games by who has better uni's, then Temple wins in a blowout!! our blue front white back pants our better than coves stupid looking blue and taxi cab yellow. and not to mention those stupid looking numerals. and dont get me started on the mascot...the bullDAWGS...haha how gay is that!!

CCDawgs
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
First of all. Temple is falling apart. We had our best cornerback quit last week. One of our best LB's quit this week. WE have two other starters that are suspended the whole game the other until halftime. Cove should win the game by halftime.

Ok you country peckerheads. Talk about the bluefront white back is crossing the line. Those pants have gotten us 7 state appearances and 2 state titles. I don't care how good cove has done. They won't be winning any state titles anytime soon. Why do you guys still play in a 2A stadium? Your announcer is so dam annoying. Are we going to have to put up with him this yr? tradition is not made to be mocked

Zach said it best. If the game was between uniforms I think Temple wins. But who cares. But yea your going to have to put up with Les Ledger and Big Joe. All there going to be saying is BULLDAWG TOUCHDOWN! All night long. But I think our kids love playing in front of a packed 2A stadium then a 5A stadium in which you can hear crickets churrping. We should switch stadiums tho. That way we can actually put fans in the stands.

ibleedblue48
09-30-2009, 01:03 PM
hey cory garrett out for the season so donovan shumpert is going to play both side of the ball

CCDawgs
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
hey cory garrett out for the season so donovan shumpert is going to play both side of the ball

Welcome to the board! We need more 12-5a posters :notworthy

corycone33
09-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Dang.Everyone is quitting or getting hurt.Get ready for next year. Hopefully they will do the right thing and hire a good coach. We have some good teams coming up. All they need is to be coached up

mcamp002
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Well if were picking games by who has better uni's, then Temple wins in a blowout!! our blue front white back pants our better than coves stupid looking blue and taxi cab yellow. and not to mention those stupid looking numerals. and dont get me started on the mascot...the bullDAWGS...haha how gay is that!!

Heyyyyy! Get off the DAWG! Have you seen him dance when we score...pay clsoe attention Friday night and you will! :D

mcamp002
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Dang.Everyone is quitting or getting hurt.Get ready for next year. Hopefully they will do the right thing and hire a good coach. We have some good teams coming up. All they need is to be coached up

I heard the coach pulled a hami in practice the other day. Is this true?:eek:

CCDawgs
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Maybe Seastrunk can be coach now. That would give Temple a better chance!

sdscove
09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, it looks like Temple has more problems than their gay pants. I stand corrected; Cove will not win because of Temple's gay pants. Cove will win because Temple is imploding.

corycone33
10-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Well, it looks like Temple has more problems than their gay pants. I stand corrected; Cove will not win because of Temple's gay pants. Cove will win because Temple is imploding.

Cove needs more fans like you. I bet your parents are proud :rolleyes:

corycone33
10-01-2009, 08:17 AM

Hope so.Maybe he will stay off of the sidelines,so we can win a game or two

Covedawg
10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Our VIDEO scoreboard is light years better than Temple's. Big Giant stadium (Wildcat Stadium at Bob McQueen Field) and little bitty video screen and scoreboard that only works half the time......

Let me see your war face.......nope don't have that one
I got a fever.............nope don't have that one
I'm your huckleberry...........nope don't have that one
Kickoff battle cry......nope don't have that one
Team intro theme song.........nope don't have that one
Bleacher Creatures...............nope don't have that one
Empty seats on Home side ....BINGO !! you do have that one !! Congrads
Big Joe = homer,,,,, Gene Pemberton= homer call that one a tie
Les Ledger announcer- lively and entertaining and former Bulldog in the day
Temple announcer- about as entertaining as the adults in a charlie brown cartoon

High school football is about community, it is about a town coming together behind it's team, it should be fun, competitive and entertaining, bands playing, crowds cheering, announcers into it all supporting their team in a grand production....

I went to Temple/Consol game and sat on Temple side....4 minutes to go and fans leaving in droves.....Seastrunks scores on long play and they nearly got the onside kick, but sadly a large amount of Temple fans missed that....

Make fun of our "2A Stadium" all you want, but if you are one of the few Wildcat fans to make that horribly long 40 mile drive on Friday, get ready to be talking to Dawg fans, because our overflow crowd will be sitting with you on the visitors side.....ENJOY

covedawgfan
10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I hope all the talk by Temple fans about Temple's players quitting or getting hurt is just Hype! I hate to see any football program with internal problems. Staduims and Uniforms do not win or lose games, so no need for feedback on those posts. But I will say that its Thursday but Friday is coming. The Dawgs will be ready to stop the running of Davis and Sestrunk. I am hoping that the Defense steps up and plays to their ability and has a great game. The offense needs to continue to move the ball and score points. I still think this is going to be a good game. Go Dawgs All TUIT!

corycone33
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Our VIDEO scoreboard is light years better than Temple's. Big Giant stadium (Wildcat Stadium at Bob McQueen Field) and little bitty video screen and scoreboard that only works half the time......

Let me see your war face.......nope don't have that one
I got a fever.............nope don't have that one
I'm your huckleberry...........nope don't have that one
Kickoff battle cry......nope don't have that one
Team intro theme song.........nope don't have that one
Bleacher Creatures...............nope don't have that one
Empty seats on Home side ....BINGO !! you do have that one !! Congrads
Big Joe = homer,,,,, Gene Pemberton= homer call that one a tie
Les Ledger announcer- lively and entertaining and former Bulldog in the day
Temple announcer- about as entertaining as the adults in a charlie brown cartoon

High school football is about community, it is about a town coming together behind it's team, it should be fun, competitive and entertaining, bands playing, crowds cheering, announcers into it all supporting their team in a grand production....

I went to Temple/Consol game and sat on Temple side....4 minutes to go and fans leaving in droves.....Seastrunks scores on long play and they nearly got the onside kick, but sadly a large amount of Temple fans missed that....

Make fun of our "2A Stadium" all you want, but if you are one of the few Wildcat fans to make that horribly long 40 mile drive on Friday, get ready to be talking to Dawg fans, because our overflow crowd will be sitting with you on the visitors side.....ENJOY

I actually live in leander, but i will be making the trip to your stadium. I haven't missed a temple game in 10 yrs,Not about to miss one now.Yes i know we will get smoked. Especially with all of our players quitting and getting hurt. Come on with it. I know humility is not one of cove's faithful's strength.

Hammeroftruth
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I actually live in leander, but i will be making the trip to your stadium. I haven't missed a temple game in 10 yrs,Not about to miss one now.Yes i know we will get smoked. Especially with all of our players quitting and getting hurt. Come on with it. I know humility is not one of cove's faithful's strength.
No Temple fan has any place talking about humility. I seem to recall last year, when Cove moved up to 5A, Temple fans on this board saying Cove couldn't hang in 5A and that Temple was going to destroy Cove. Didn't we travel to Temple last year and beat ya'll 56-14 at your homecoming???

corycone33
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
No Temple fan has any place talking about humility. I seem to recall last year, when Cove moved up to 5A, Temple fans on this board saying Cove couldn't hang in 5A and that Temple was going to destroy Cove. Didn't we travel to Temple last year and beat ya'll 56-14 at your homecoming???

So your saying your fanbase is humble? That would be a lie

Hammeroftruth
10-01-2009, 10:44 AM
So your saying your fanbase is humble? That would be a lie
Nope. That's not what I'm saying at all. Cove fans are loud, cocky, and IN YO' FACE!!! We're hated and loathed everywhere we go. Do we respect our opponents? Absolutely. Do we fear our opponents? No. We congratulate our opponents-win or lose. We might have a little fun and tease 'em....especially if they wear gay pants. We never get hypocritical and call out other teams' fans because they're not humble. Funny... I bet if Temple was doing better this year the "humility" of either teams' fans would not be an issue. Corycone just needs something to whine about.

adcwalker
10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Some Cove fans are humble. It wasn't that long ago that Cove was the team for your Homecomming Game. I remember those days. Cove has been blessed with their current coaching staff.

I really hate to hear about the troubles in the Temple Football Program. There is no place for politics in a schools programs (sports, band or clubs) but there always seem to be.

I hope that the Temple players play their best and it is a good, clean, injury free game.

Eldawgo
10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Is the Temple community getting away from "community" pride? I don't ask to belittle the town, but a serious question. It could be transitioning. I say this because I come from Santa Barbara Ca. We once had (many years ago) a proud and close community. The "Santa Barbara Don's" were a proud and very respected program. Fans would converge on the large stadium every Friday night for their favorite high school team. They would park many blocks away and walk to the stadium. Packed house! Pride and competition with the teams, bands, fans and mascots! The city is now a huge and successful "tourist attraction" with beautiful coastlines and many many attractions. Pride in community no longer reighns, but the all mighty dollar does. The team is now about 25 players strong (weak) and the band has about 20 kids. Two coaches will take the field with the team, 50-75 fans (family members) will root in a very common loosing effort. Point- if community looses interest, program dissolves. Be careful Temple. I know if Jack Welch and staff were to leave tomorrow, Cove community would not settle for just anyone. Of course, that's because the community is going in a positive direction. Now the field that the formerly all mighty Don's play on, looks like a sandlot in comparison to what we have in Texas.

CCDawgs
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Im going to stop being humble and change my prediction.

Cove 66
Temple 7 - Lache scores on one of his 4 carries of the game.

corycone33
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Im going to stop being humble and change my prediction.

Cove 66
Temple 7 - Lache scores on one of his 4 carries of the game.

That's funny but true:laugh

corycone33
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Is the Temple community getting away from "community" pride? I don't ask to belittle the town, but a serious question. It could be transitioning. I say this because I come from Santa Barbara Ca. We once had (many years ago) a proud and close community. The "Santa Barbara Don's" were a proud and very respected program. Fans would converge on the large stadium every Friday night for their favorite high school team. They would park many blocks away and walk to the stadium. Packed house! Pride and competition with the teams, bands, fans and mascots! The city is now a huge and successful "tourist attraction" with beautiful coastlines and many many attractions. Pride in community no longer reighns, but the all mighty dollar does. The team is now about 25 players strong (weak) and the band has about 20 kids. Two coaches will take the field with the team, 50-75 fans (family members) will root in a very common loosing effort. Point- if community looses interest, program dissolves. Be careful Temple. I know if Jack Welch and staff were to leave tomorrow, Cove community would not settle for just anyone. Of course, that's because the community is going in a positive direction. Now the field that the formerly all mighty Don's play on, looks like a sandlot in comparison to what we have in Texas.

your probably right. I have lived in the austin area for about 10 ys. I haven't missed a game home or away in that time. It does look as if the community is losing interest. I will always be a fan, but i don't blame anyone at the same time. When the administration is not picking the right guy then after going 0-10 still keeps him it is just sickening.They are short cahnging the players first of all, then the fans

corycone33
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Nope. That's not what I'm saying at all. Cove fans are loud, cocky, and IN YO' FACE!!! We're hated and loathed everywhere we go. Do we respect our opponents? Absolutely. Do we fear our opponents? No. We congratulate our opponents-win or lose. We might have a little fun and tease 'em....especially if they wear gay pants. We never get hypocritical and call out other teams' fans because they're not humble. Funny... I bet if Temple was doing better this year the "humility" of either teams' fans would not be an issue. Corycone just needs something to whine about.
Thank you. You just proved everything about why cove is disliked

CCDawgs
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
your probably right. I have lived in the austin area for about 10 ys. I haven't missed a game home or away in that time. It does look as if the community is losing interest. I will always be a fan, but i don't blame anyone at the same time. When the administration is not picking the right guy then after going 0-10 still keeps him it is just sickening.They are short cahnging the players first of all, then the fans

And what amazes me is Temple has the athletes to compete with anyone.

zach0321
10-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Thats pretty tough talk coming from a fan of a school who has 0 thats right 0 state titles, oh wait thats right you guys get to the championship game then choke!! oh and lets see i seem to recall your first playoff apperence was in 98. yeah start talking when you get some tradition under your belt, but you wouldnt know anything about that. theres your "hammer of truth" !!!

Eldawgo
10-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Thats pretty tough talk coming from a fan of a school who has 0 thats right 0 state titles, oh wait thats right you guys get to the championship game then choke!! oh and lets see i seem to recall your first playoff apperence was in 98. yeah start talking when you get some tradition under your belt, but you wouldnt know anything about that. theres your "hammer of truth" !!!
Zach, sounds like sour grapes. So what if no state titles to date? Tradition? Tradition and $1.20 might get you a cup of coffee at the local IHOP. What you said has nothing to do with what Hammer said! Here's your Hammer of Truth.....Cove is now a winning program that will one day win it's last game, and they will do it again. They are learning to win often. They will pass Temple in championship appearances, playoff games, and one day, State Championships. Not to mention that they also compete with many schools who have much larger talent pools. They will win tomorrow and it will be said that Temple has so many problems and that's why they lost. Well since you like to speak of the past, check out last years score from Wildcat stadium. Anyway, you just got my dander up a little. I love my Dawgs and the program will prevail. Don't be bitter, be better! I do hope Temple pulls things together again but know, Cove is not the "whipping post" it used to be! and the truth be said, so many people can't handle that. Go Dawgs!

CCDawgs
10-01-2009, 11:12 PM

I willing to put some money on the fact that we score more points friday night then yall have had wins the past 15 years. Any takers?? :D

Hammeroftruth
10-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Zach, sounds like sour grapes. So what if no state titles to date? Tradition? Tradition and $1.20 might get you a cup of coffee at the local IHOP. What you said has nothing to do with what Hammer said! Here's your Hammer of Truth.....Cove is now a winning program that will one day win it's last game, and they will do it again. They are learning to win often. They will pass Temple in championship appearances, playoff games, and one day, State Championships. Not to mention that they also compete with many schools who have much larger talent pools. They will win tomorrow and it will be said that Temple has so many problems and that's why they lost. Well since you like to speak of the past, check out last years score from Wildcat stadium. Anyway, you just got my dander up a little. I love my Dawgs and the program will prevail. Don't be bitter, be better! I do hope Temple pulls things together again but know, Cove is not the "whipping post" it used to be! and the truth be said, so many people can't handle that. Go Dawgs!
Well said.

corycone33
10-02-2009, 12:16 AM

I don't know about all that. The tide will turn again before cove can even think about coming close to temple in state appearances much less winning one.temple is not always going to be in this stink hole.they will get it turned around again, when they hire the right staff.

corycone33
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
It is not cove winning that people can't handle. It is the obnoxious way that you come across. (hammer)

CCDawgs
10-02-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't know about all that. The tide will turn again before cove can even think about coming close to temple in state appearances much less winning one.temple is not always going to be in this stink hole.they will get it turned around again, when they hire the right staff.
What do you think Cory? Do you have any idea if after this season, Temple will hire a new coaching staff??

corycone33
10-02-2009, 04:24 AM
What do you think Cory? Do you have any idea if after this season, Temple will hire a new coaching staff??

I know you and, I and a couple of our friends could coach temple better than what is going on now. I hope we can get a good staff. I just hope we have not burned our bridges with the good coaches. There were so many that applied when beal and monsen were hired. I know we won't have a chance with chad morris. He is working on a dynasty at lake travis. I really liked lee fedora. he has turned around navasota fairly quickly. He is young and very imaginative with his offense. owens of tyler lee put in his resume last time around. i think this staff is defenitely gone after the season. After murphy, Mcqueen and key players quit in the middle of the season. We have had alot of talent at the midddle school level, but monsen has never done a good job with them.It is amazing what a good coach in high school does for kids. Hollingshead change the atmosphere very quickly. The big wigs didn't like what he was trying to do, and ran him out of town

DawgDave
10-02-2009, 06:05 AM

Those Dawgs eat kitties for lunch, whether they are Belton Tigers, Waco Lions or Temple Wildcats.

Hammeroftruth
10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
It is not cove winning that people can't handle. It is the obnoxious way that you come across. (hammer)
Ok, Cory. Let's review what happened here. In you're first comment, the one that got me riled up, you said humility is not a strong point for Cove fans. The truth is, I believe, most Cove fans remember when we were the doormat of Central Texas. I'm pretty sure a lot of Temple fans remember, too. Times have changed though. We are the winningest program in Central texas in recent history. I think that gives us the right to have a little strut. Of course, that's perceived by many fans from other teams as being obnoxious. I'm against being disrespectful, and I don't think I've been disrespectful to the fans from Temple. A few playful teases about the color of your uniforms is not disrespect.My comment about Cove fans being loud and cocky was intended to be sarcasm, but I guess that doesn't translate well to writing. I do apologize if I offended you.

Zach, get real man. Did you read my post? Cove may not have any state titles, or the same "tradition" that Temple has- but that really has no place on this board.Like I said in my post, We respect all of our opponents. No where did I attack Temple's program, legacy, or tradition.For some reason, though, you felt it necessary to go after Cove like that. That's fine. I guess when the chips are down you have to have something to cling to.

CCDawgs
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I know you and, I and a couple of our friends could coach temple better than what is going on now. I hope we can get a good staff. I just hope we have not burned our bridges with the good coaches. There were so many that applied when beal and monsen were hired. I know we won't have a chance with chad morris. He is working on a dynasty at lake travis. I really liked lee fedora. he has turned around navasota fairly quickly. He is young and very imaginative with his offense. owens of tyler lee put in his resume last time around. i think this staff is defenitely gone after the season. After murphy, Mcqueen and key players quit in the middle of the season. We have had alot of talent at the midddle school level, but monsen has never done a good job with them.It is amazing what a good coach in high school does for kids. Hollingshead change the atmosphere very quickly. The big wigs didn't like what he was trying to do, and ran him out of town

Maybe Chad Morris will get bored with winning so much that he decides to take on a new challenge:rolleyes:

corycone33
10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Ok, Cory. Let's review what happened here. In you're first comment, the one that got me riled up, you said humility is not a strong point for Cove fans. The truth is, I believe, most Cove fans remember when we were the doormat of Central Texas. I'm pretty sure a lot of Temple fans remember, too. Times have changed though. We are the winningest program in Central texas in recent history. I think that gives us the right to have a little strut. Of course, that's perceived by many fans from other teams as being obnoxious. I'm against being disrespectful, and I don't think I've been disrespectful to the fans from Temple. A few playful teases about the color of your uniforms is not disrespect.My comment about Cove fans being loud and cocky was intended to be sarcasm, but I guess that doesn't translate well to writing. I do apologize if I offended you.

Zach, get real man. Did you read my post? Cove may not have any state titles, or the same "tradition" that Temple has- but that really has no place on this board.Like I said in my post, We respect all of our opponents. No where did I attack Temple's program, legacy, or tradition.For some reason, though, you felt it necessary to go after Cove like that. That's fine. I guess when the chips are down you have to have something to cling to.

Ok. Well. If you and a couple of others weren't bad mouthing the bluefront white back. I would of never said anything. I have to admit, that got me riled up. Using the word Gay is pretty tacky. If you were just teasing. Other words could of been used. I am a proud Wildcat fan no matter how bad they are now a days. I can't sit back when other teams fans especially a district rival bad mouths the the blue front white back in the way it was brought across. The true wildcat fans take that very seriously. I can take ribbing as good as the next guy. I just think the word choice was very poor

covedawgfan
10-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Its Football Friday! Friday Night Under the Lights! The Dawgs and the Wildcats will tangle tonight at BullDawg Stadium. I don't think there will be any fans on the field, just the Players and Refs and sometimes a coach or water (boy or girl). But I am glad the high school student athletes play this game and the coaches supply the input from the sidelines. I expect to see one of the best if not the best Running Backs in the state tonight in Sestruck and a great iron man LB and FB in Davis. But I also expect the see the Dawgs powerful offensive trio of Chancellor, Byrd and Wright run to the daylight and score often and then hand the ball to the ref, without any dancing, chest thumping or cockiness, just a matter of fact taking care of business (that is one of my major enjoyments as a Cove Fan). I hope to see the Vaughn connect with Thomas, Chancellor and Sirmans for some great plays. I would love to see the Dawgs Defense come to maturity and stop this "bend but don't break" handle they have been given by the sports writers. It would be a great day for the Dawgs to not allow Sestrunk to break a big run. Anyway, all the talk has lead us to kickoff at 730 PM. Go Dawgs ALL TUIT!

bob1122
10-02-2009, 12:07 PM
I will be at my 2nd CC game of the year. Thankfully we got some reserved seats from an uncle and will only have to fight for parking.

CCDawgs
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I will be at my 2nd CC game of the year. Thankfully we got some reserved seats from an uncle and will only have to fight for parking.

Have a safe trip! And everyone coming from Temple have a safe one too. Good luck to the Wildcats!!

zach0321
10-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Ok. Well. If you and a couple of others weren't bad mouthing the bluefront white back. I would of never said anything. I have to admit, that got me riled up. Using the word Gay is pretty tacky. If you were just teasing. Other words could of been used. I am a proud Wildcat fan no matter how bad they are now a days. I can't sit back when other teams fans especially a district rival bad mouths the the blue front white back in the way it was brought across. The true wildcat fans take that very seriously. I can take ribbing as good as the next guy. I just think the word choice was very poor

I agree Cory, it was the same with me , if hammer hadnt been running his mouth like he was i too would have said nothing, but when you start running your mouth, im going to say something. And i also dont take back anything i said because it is all the truth.When cove wins 2 state titles and gets almost 700 wins they can come and razz us all they want, but by the time that happens ill be dead and gone.:)

bryanvikings
10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Cove 48
Temple 7

Eldawgo
10-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I agree Cory, it was the same with me , if hammer hadnt been running his mouth like he was i too would have said nothing, but when you start running your mouth, im going to say something. And i also dont take back anything i said because it is all the truth.When cove wins 2 state titles and gets almost 700 wins they can come and razz us all they want, but by the time that happens ill be dead and gone.:)
Whatever Zach! your still living in the past. What do you predict for tonite?

covedawgfan
10-02-2009, 10:54 PM
The Dawgs won but it was an ugly performance. I have to give credit to the either the Temple nose guard or the middle of the defensive line who disrupted the Dawgs Center-QB exchange about 6-8 times. During the game two TDs were called back, one for each team. The Temple Offense really did not show very much. Cove let Temple have the initial FG in the 1st Quarter by poor play calling and worse execution and a penality. After watching Sestruck play and his attitude I can understand why he only gets the ball a few times each game. His gestures to the Cove fans after his called back TD and his reaction to be caught from behind demonstrated that talent can have an ugly side. Anyway, the Dawgs won a game that had a few highlights but mostly the worse offensive performance I have seen by the Dawgs in many games. But, Go Dawg ALL-TUIT, get ready for Bryan next week.

rrspfanintx
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
anyone know if seastrunk has picked a college as he look good in a horns uniform.

adcwalker
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I think that the backup center was in, but what ever it was it wasn't pretty for the Bulldawgs. I guess it is a good thing that you can play bad on offense and still get the win. Defense came to play tonight. Best they have looked.

I was impressed with Seastruck speed but it seemed that if he was touched he would go down. Also hope he is OK, since he was limping at the end of the game.

Temple will win some district games. I see them beating Heights and Shoemaker. Bryan, Belton and Ellison (Next week) will be good games.

Cove have some things they need to work on, but they will get tuitt.

CCDawgs
10-02-2009, 11:07 PM
The Dawgs won but it was an ugly performance. I have to give credit to the either the Temple nose guard or the middle of the defensive line who disrupted the Dawgs Center-QB exchange about 6-8 times. During the game two TDs were called back, one for each team. The Temple Offense really did not show very much. Cove let Temple have the initial FG in the 1st Quarter by poor play calling and worse execution and a penality. After watching Sestruck play and his attitude I can understand why he only gets the ball a few times each game. His gestures to the Cove fans after his called back TD and his reaction to be caught from behind demonstrated that talent can have an ugly side. Anyway, the Dawgs won a game that had a few highlights but mostly the worse offensive performance I have seen by the Dawgs in many games. But, Go Dawg ALL-TUIT, get ready for Bryan next week.

I didnt get to attend the game. What was he doing??

CCDawgs
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
anyone know if seastrunk has picked a college as he look good in a horns uniform.

Mack Brown is losing interest in him since Seastrunk isnt showing any back. Im sure his top 3 will be USC, LSU, and Auburn.

Eldawgo
10-02-2009, 11:14 PM
If Lache has an awesome TV game against Belton, he'll be back in the limelight. Personally I think he's bit of a Drama Queen for lack of a better term.

Eldawgo
10-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Oh, BTW, I predict we drop in the rankings even more.

Hammeroftruth
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm just glad our defense came to play tonight. This is the first game all season where our defense bailed out our offense, instead of the other way around. Congrats to Temple on a game well-played. I don't know what happened with our offensive snaps. Did Temple's defensive co-ordinator see something on film, or was it poor execution on Cove's part? Whatever the case, I hope they get it fixed this week. Also, is Seastrunk always such a prima donna? The way he got up after that play where everyone thought he was hurt was just uncalled for. I guess he's not used to being drug down from behind. Whatever. #23 looked sharp, though.Is he getting any D-I looks?

corycone33
10-02-2009, 11:40 PM

I don't know what he was doing when he got his TD called back but give me a break. He had every right to be pissed that the cove guy horse collared him and it was not called. He could have broken his neck or ankle and ended his carreer. He would of scored. Anything could of happened after that.i don't know the exact rule but the ref was right there. temple has all this talent and they are conservative in every game. They don't give the kids a chance to be successful.tonight was no different. Temple plays not to lose. They don't play to win.In every game except the leander game temple had alot of oppurtunities to win the game.

corycone33
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
derrick is looking at baylor. I think Tennessee is interested in him. I know for a fact this summer Usc told him that he needed to lose some weight and they would be interested in him.He hasn't lost any weight. he is not in very good shape. lache is looking at Auburn, lsu, texas, baylor. he has got offers from about everyone though.

Hammeroftruth
10-03-2009, 12:04 AM
derrick is looking at baylor. I think Tennessee is interested in him. I know for a fact this summer Usc told him that he needed to lose some weight and they would be interested in him.He hasn't lost any weight. he is not in very good shape. lache is looking at Auburn, lsu, texas, baylor. he has got offers from about everyone though.
I would love to see Seastrunk at Baylor. Griffin and Seastrunk in the backfield at the same time would throw any defense off-tilt. It's too bad Derrick isn't losing weight. He's got talent-no doubt about that. Thanks for the info.

bob1122
10-03-2009, 09:06 AM
If Lache has an awesome TV game against Belton, he'll be back in the limelight. Personally I think he's bit of a Drama Queen for lack of a better term.

I would be to if I was the best RB in the nation and had to run temples stupid wing t or whatever that one is called. The one time they lined up in the I he took a pitch 80 yards, then later he took a wildcat snap 60 yards before being sucked up.

And for those waiting to see him on TV, Seastrunk tweaked something in his leg early in the first. Then late in the 4th he was sucked up on a long run and was down for a little bit and had a huge limp on the sidelines. Temple turned it ver the play he wa out so Im not sure if he would have come back.

sdscove
10-03-2009, 09:22 AM

I used the words gay pants. Poor choice of words? Maybe, maybe not. But if the words gay pants get you riled up, then it is you with the issue, not anyone else. This is a message board. Football is talked, and so is trash. Some may need to get thicker skin before logging on and posting.

Covedawg
10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I would be to if I was the best RB in the nation and had to run temples stupid wing t or whatever that one is called. The one time they lined up in the I he took a pitch 80 yards, then later he took a wildcat snap 60 yards before being sucked up.

And for those waiting to see him on TV, Seastrunk tweaked something in his leg early in the first. Then late in the 4th he was sucked up on a long run and was down for a little bit and had a huge limp on the sidelines. Temple turned it ver the play he wa out so Im not sure if he would have come back.

Lache is a drama queen. I've watched him two weeks in a row. He did the same thing in the AM Consol game last week. Got hit on a sweep and limped around on field but was fine on sideline ( I sat on Temple side). I'm not that impressed at all. He has speed to die for, but poor football sense. Twice last night he was running the sweep and appeared to have the corner and a possible big play, but he cut it back right into a defender. Then a few times going up middle his line gave him a hole and he dives to the ground for a wimpy 4-5 yrd gain. It looked to me like he doesn't like being hit.

The game ball for Temple last night should go to their defensive lineman #75, he disputed the QB/Center snap9-10 times last night, and in my opinion, kept Temple in the game nearly all by himself. I counted 8 times Cody had snap trouble and at least once when Greene took snap. With the speed of Cove's offense, disrupting 9-10 plays like that is a game changer. My hat's off to #75, Great game kid. Temple coaching staff was not playing to win in 4th qtr, down two scores, they keep running into the line and not trying any thing to get down field, and clock kept on ticking down. Hard to imagine a Temple program that is running an offense that is so tired and dated....

DawgDave
10-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I would love to see Seastrunk at Baylor. Griffin and Seastrunk in the backfield at the same time would throw any defense off-tilt. It's too bad Derrick isn't losing weight. He's got talent-no doubt about that. Thanks for the info.

I don't think Baylor needs him. Salubi and Finley are doing quite well up there.

corycone33
10-03-2009, 09:30 AM

ok. lache may not be the best overall runningback, but he does not get sucked up. That is hilarious. He doesn't get caught from behind ever. The guy had an angle on him, then ripped his neck off. that is why he was down. Looked like a horsecollar but was not called.On the 72 yard TD that got called back. The cove guy had a huge angle on lache and still couldn't get him.

sdscove
10-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't know what he was doing when he got his TD called back but give me a break. He had every right to be pissed that the cove guy horse collared him and it was not called. He could have broken his neck or ankle and ended his carreer. He would of scored. Anything could of happened after that.i don't know the exact rule but the ref was right there. temple has all this talent and they are conservative in every game. They don't give the kids a chance to be successful.tonight was no different. Temple plays not to lose. They don't play to win.In every game except the leander game temple had alot of oppurtunities to win the game.

There is not horsecollar rule in high school football. I can understand him being mad, but to rush on the field ws uncalled for. When his TD was called back, he was pointing at the TV camera near the end zone, then turned and pointed at the Cove crowd and sideline. In his defense, he probably didn't know the play was being called back, but it was still not proper.
To be a homer, the calls that concerned me the most were the two pass interferences not called on Temple in the first half. One of those noncalls ended up in an interception. Those definitely should have been called.

corycone33
10-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Lache is a drama queen. I've watched him two weeks in a row. He did the same thing in the AM Consol game last week. Got hit on a sweep and limped around on field but was fine on sideline ( I sat on Temple side). I'm not that impressed at all. He has speed to die for, but poor football sense. Twice last night he was running the sweep and appeared to have the corner and a possible big play, but he cut it back right into a defender. Then a few times going up middle his line gave him a hole and he dives to the ground for a wimpy 4-5 yrd gain. It looked to me like he doesn't like being hit.

The game ball for Temple last night should go to their defensive lineman #75, he disputed the QB/Center snap9-10 times last night, and in my opinion, kept Temple in the game nearly all by himself. I counted 8 times Cody had snap trouble and at least once when Greene took snap. With the speed of Cove's offense, disrupting 9-10 plays like that is a game changer. My hat's off to #75, Great game kid. Temple coaching staff was not playing to win in 4th qtr, down two scores, they keep running into the line and not trying any thing to get down field, and clock kept on ticking down. Hard to imagine a Temple program that is running an offense that is so tired and dated....

You said it best. That is what temple does in every game. They play not to lose. They don't play to win.They were down and running the offense as if they were up by 14. The coaching staff has no clue. Besides the Leander game, temple had chances to win every game they have played. Poor playcalling, execution, penalties have killed temple all yr long.

corycone33
10-03-2009, 09:39 AM
There is not horsecollar rule in high school football. I can understand him being mad, but to rush on the field ws uncalled for. When his TD was called back, he was pointing at the TV camera near the end zone, then turned and pointed at the Cove crowd and sideline. In his defense, he probably didn't know the play was being called back, but it was still not proper.
To be a homer, the calls that concerned me the most were the two pass interferences not called on Temple in the first half. One of those noncalls ended up in an interception. Those definitely should have been called.

Your right. In highschool, it is not called a horsecollar, but still is a personal foul. It hapened twice and was not called. That is what i am most concerned about. That could end someone's career. I agree. Lache can be a drama queen. he gets to excited sometime. he needs to settle down and stay focused

sdscove
10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Your right. In highschool, it is not called a horsecollar, but still is a personal foul. It hapened twice and was not called. That is what i am most concerned about. That could end someone's career. I agree. Lache can be a drama queen. he gets to excited sometime. he needs to settle down and stay focused

Right it can be a dangerous tackle. Does it happen often to Seastrunk? Though not many people will catch him from behind. The Cove defender had a good angle on him.

corycone33
10-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Right it can be a dangerous tackle. Does it happen often to Seastrunk? Though not many people will catch him from behind. The Cove defender had a good angle on him.

It only happpend to him last night.

bob1122
10-03-2009, 03:36 PM
There is a horse collar rule in High School. It's not at strict as the NFL rule, but it WAS added before the 08 season.

CCDawgs
10-03-2009, 04:56 PM
This thread needs to be closed. Bring on Bryan!

Eldawgo
10-03-2009, 05:00 PM
This thread needs to be closed. Bring on Bryan!
Agree. C'ya next year Wildcats

corycone33
10-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Agree. C'ya next year Wildcats

yap, see you in 4A

Eldawgo
10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
yap, see you in 4A
There you see! Things are looking up for'ya already!

corycone33
10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
There you see! Things are looking up for'ya already!

right now it wouldn't matter what division we were in.We would lose