PDA

View Full Version : Brawl stops game between two Dallas ISD teams

GoParishPanthers2015
09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Game between Dallas Kimball and Dallas A Maceo Smith was stopped in the third quarter last night when a brawl broke out between the two teams. Kimball led 6-0 at the stoppage. Official will decide the outcome of the game. Any chance officials could rule a loss for both schools or even UIL prohibit both teams from post season?

Favpack
09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Game between Dallas Kimball and Dallas A Maceo Smith was stopped in the third quarter last night when a brawl broke out between the two teams. Kimball led 6-0 at the stoppage. Official will decide the outcome of the game. Any chance officials could rule a loss for both schools or even UIL prohibit both teams from post season?

Give both teams a loss, and inform them that if even a taunt is flagged after last night - the season is over.

I'm sorry, but DISD is just terrible.

Pinion
09-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I think giving both teams a loss will suffice. There's no need to get carried away with the punishiment.

DragonFan0316
09-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Officials can stop this behavior by clamping down on celebration, taunting and posturing. All too often it is allowed and then escalates. I don't like this behavior in the pros and there is NO place for it in college or high school. Of course the coaches can clamp down on it too. All to often these knuckle heads try to pamper their players and do not bench those that can't behave.

Shame on the officials of that game and the two coaches.:(

chhspantherfan
09-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I think giving both teams a loss will suffice. There's no need to get carried away with the punishiment.

you are not familiar with the DISD, are you? :D

E-Vol-ution
09-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Many times a situation like this is a true barometer of whether coaches have control of their team.
Our JV "B" team could have easily been caught in something similar after a game last week. Once the coaches called for attention, the kids walked to a corner of the end zone and dropped to one knee on command.

dragonsdaddy
09-25-2009, 09:58 AM
talk about an exciting game. word is, that there also was a two car shooting incident behind the visitors side of the stadium. they had to put out the bat signal and shut down ingress/egress for a while. 100 armed police-types got involved. i am almost surprised this type of incident isn't more prevalent than it has been. we aren't too far from sat day games only for disd schools, i fear.

E-Vol-ution
09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd be all for that......mostly because I enjoy going to quite a few of them.
talk about an exciting game. word is, that there also was a two car shooting incident behind the visitors side of the stadium. they had to put out the bat signal and shut down ingress/egress for a while. 100 armed police-types got involved. i am almost surprised this type of incident isn't more prevalent than it has been. we aren't too far from sat day games only for disd schools, i fear.

Favpack
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM

Reminds me that the Kimball principal told Lufkin at the last hour three years ago "either move the game from Friday night to Saturday afternoon, or we're not coming. We don't want our fans driving those dangerous East Texas backroads Friday night."

Yes, he really said it - and we played them, Week 1, Saturday at 2 pm.

SkyHighSkyline
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM
:ninja:

E-Vol-ution
09-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Might want to avoid more than just back roads in some East Texas areas on a Friday night.:(

Reminds me that the Kimball principal told Lufkin at the last hour three years ago "either move the game from Friday night to Saturday afternoon, or we're not coming. We don't want our fans driving those dangerous East Texas backroads Friday night."

Pinion
09-25-2009, 10:17 AM

Not really no. Bad news?

LoboFan07
09-25-2009, 10:21 AM

If this was the first time a DISD team had gotten in a fight during a football game, I would agree with you completely.

However, this is NOWHERE NEAR the first time.

A banned post-season for both schools might actually teach them (and those in the DISD) that fighting isn't and shouldn't be allowed at all.

dragonsdaddy
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Not really no. Bad news?

to say they have some problems is to say the sun is a little hot. poor internal control, and always finding problems that need more money thrown on them. credit card abuse. taks test "criminal" behavior is rampant. schools losing state trophies for several years due to grading scandals. closing schools right and left due to unacceptible test scores. and for some reason, this cesspool was chosen to take over the defunct wilmer-hutchins school district.

Favpack
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
to say they have some problems is to say the sun is a little hot. poor internal control, and always finding problems that need more money thrown on them. credit card abuse. taks test "criminal" behavior is rampant. schools losing state trophies for several years due to grading scandals. closing schools right and left due to unacceptible test scores. and for some reason, this cesspool was chosen to take over the defunct wilmer-hutchins school district.

From the questionaire looking for a new Super.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "I'm more than willing to cheat", how ethical are you?

SkyHighSkyline
09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
lol. . . Whew, that was a lot to get off your chest. Do you feel better now?

dragonsdaddy
09-25-2009, 10:45 AM
lol. . . Whew, that was a lot to get off your chest. Do you feel better now?

since i'm only the messenger, no. if anything i said is wrong, feel free to disprove at your hearts content. the disd is proof that bigger government is not always better government. the old saying, "power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely" has never been more accurate than the inner workings of disd. gotta feel sorry for the kids who deserve better than what the crooks and neer do wells inside disd have stolen from them.

chhspantherfan
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
From the questionaire looking for a new Super.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "I'm more than willing to cheat", how ethical are you?

you are not serious, are you?

chhspantherfan
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
since i'm only the messenger, no. if anything i said is wrong, feel free to disprove at your hearts content. the disd is proof that bigger government is not always better government. the old saying, "power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely" has never been more accurate than the inner workings of disd. gotta feel sorry for the kids who deserve better than what the crooks and neer do wells inside disd have stolen from them.

this

Favpack
09-25-2009, 10:58 AM
you are not serious, are you?

Have you read the taks reports findings, and the continual giving back of state titles by SOC?

SkyHighSkyline
09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Have you read the taks reports findings, and the continual giving back of state titles by SOC?
Source? I know about UIL asking South Oak Cliff to give back 1 title, but "continual?" Please explain, give us a source, or something. Thanks in advance.

DragonFan0316
09-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Many times a situation like this is a true barometer of whether coaches have control of their team.
Our JV "B" team could have easily been caught in something similar after a game last week. Once the coaches called for attention, the kids walked to a corner of the end zone and dropped to one knee on command.

Good to hear. One of the reasons Bowie is perenially an upper eshalon team.

dragonsdaddy
09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Source? I know about UIL asking South Oak Cliff to give back 1 title, but "continual?" Please explain, give us a source, or something. Thanks in advance.

you should be more attuned than you appear, what with your hackles up and all. stripped of 2 titles is more than an accident.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/022109dnspohssoclede.36c49001.html

SkyHighSkyline
09-25-2009, 11:38 AM
you should be more attuned than you appear, what with your hackles up and all. stripped of 2 titles is more than an accident.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/022109dnspohssoclede.36c49001.html
Thanks for the info. Now I remember, it was the '05 and '06 Basketball titles. Yeah, that former S.O.C. principal Moten, who pressured those teachers, had to go. Good riddance to him. One apple can spoil the whole bunch.

As for the A. Maceo Smith and Kimball fight. . . I can't find a detailed report regarding what happened (other than HS Gametime). I wonder what happened that was so serious the game had to be stopped.

Txmusic
09-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Last night I heard that our Lake Travis 9th grader game in Killeen was cut short due to a drive by near the school with us up I think 21 -6 they got the players on the bus fast enough to get out...

We need a protest where's Rev Al ...

Favpack
09-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info. Now I remember, it was the '05 and '06 Basketball titles. Yeah, that former S.O.C. principal Moten, who pressured those teachers, had to go. Good riddance to him. One apple can spoil the whole bunch.

As for the A. Maceo Smith and Kimball fight. . . I can't find a detailed report regarding what happened (other than HS Gametime). I wonder what happened that was so serious the game had to be stopped.

Agreed. Not trying to throw DISD under the bus, but, this is going to have to get better. Seems we've had some digression in the past 5 years.

dragonsdaddy
09-25-2009, 11:46 AM

an ams db was jumped on by the kimball bench after he hit a player going/after going oob. that prompted his teammates to come to his defense, with helmet swinging ala fla int v miami. fans started rushing to the parking lot and the gates were shut to help control the situation. they stopped the game and eventually had enough police presence to let the fans leave. one wonders when video will surface. it will have to be a bootleg, as i'm sure the isd has confiscated all school videos. this comes from an eye witness report from old coach staff member.

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=798&tid=126201210&mid=126201210&sid=984&style=2

HebronHawk
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Officials can stop this behavior by clamping down on celebration, taunting and posturing. All too often it is allowed and then escalates. I don't like this behavior in the pros and there is NO place for it in college or high school. Of course the coaches can clamp down on it too. All to often these knuckle heads try to pamper their players and do not bench those that can't behave.

Most of the time I see officials throw the flag on any hint of this behavior, sometimes to extremes. This is football after all.

HebronHawk
09-25-2009, 12:10 PM

The dark piney woods of East Texas must have quite a reputation in South Dallas. :D

E-Vol-ution
09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't know what happened, but every so often I see officials not act swiftly enough and let a game get out of control.

Most of the time I see officials throw the flag on any hint of this behavior, sometimes to extremes. This is football after all.

ken-in-rockwall
09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't think the officials could have prevented this.. From the link provided by dragonsdaddy.. It looks like it started in the subvarsity game the night before and then was re-kindled even before the game was started.

It was a "clean" game when a late-hit out-of-bounds was done and flagged. From there it looks like it just got out of control.

Punishment should be both teams take a loss and end of football season for both. That sends a VERY clear message not only to DISD schools but to ALL High schools that this won't be tolerated.

has09
09-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I talked to Matt about it and he said up until the fight broke out game went off w/o incident. This was simply a case of a powder keg waiting to explode and it finally did with the one borderline late hit

wolfpack4life
09-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Us lobo fans are:D Everyone remebers when D.Carter came out with the hammer before the game and they thought it was funny...perhaps the most funniest thing was the winner of the game:eek:

Shamu85
09-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Sort of comical all these calls for DISD to "set an example" considering all the corruption in that district over the last 20 years. That's the last place I would ever use as an example.

ken-in-rockwall
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Sort of comical all these calls for DISD to "set an example" considering all the corruption in that district over the last 20 years. That's the last place I would ever use as an example.

You would think they would like to start "looking" better about it all. So, this would be an opportunity for them to start or just sweep it under like everything else.

CCDawgs
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Last night I heard that our Lake Travis 9th grader game in Killeen was cut short due to a drive by near the school with us up I think 21 -6 they got the players on the bus fast enough to get out...

We need a protest where's Rev Al ...

I wouldnt doubt this happening. Killeen is just downright horrible.

onevision
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Stop bashing DISD.....This was all Kimball, they have the worst coaching staff in the state of texas. They are lazy, incompotent, no discipline, no football IQ, and it shows off in the way the kids act. I am appalled at what happened on thursday night and dont know what to say

ThEgReAtOnE
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM

I have yet to see a HS, College, or NFL football game in which players don't celebrate after a 1st down, td, sack, hard tackle, or great catch. The taunting and disrespect of one another is what needs to be cleaned up. Motioning toward someone, either saying something or physically-motioning, should not be allowed.

I think that the responsibility and consequence factors are what need to be focused on. Give both teams, as a whole, a loss... and community service. Also, give them some literature and have them listen to those who made the choice to be criminals. Do all you can do to make them understand the consequences of their actions. Punishing them by missing a season or a game, does nothing in regards to their education of consequence and responsibility.

This way... there is no more excuses that can be used. They can't say they were properly warned.

b756561
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Stop bashing DISD.....This was all Kimball, they have the worst coaching staff in the state of texas. They are lazy, incompotent, no discipline, no football IQ, and it shows off in the way the kids act. I am appalled at what happened on thursday night and dont know what to say

Come on onevision, don't sugarcoat it like this. Tell us how you really feel. :eek:

Maxthedog
10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Last time Gilmer and roosevelt played, the roost players attacked the Gilmer coaching staff at the end of the game and roos was winning.
DISD did nothing!

SLC
10-02-2009, 12:51 AM
And we get some closure on this....

Both teams receive forfeits, both team have player's suspended (ranging from one game, to the entire season) which is effective immediately and the coaches may recieve reprimands or suspensions.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/100209dnspobrawlfolo.403c2eb.html

Good for DISD and Jeff Johnson.

Joboots
10-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Guy I know in Vegas e-mailed me 'bout a game he went that ended the same
way last night...............

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/oct/02/bonanza-western/