maxman
09-21-2009, 05:17 PM
said on the oldcoach that it's going to be on live from corsicana

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=991720

Fleeman93
09-21-2009, 05:44 PM
said on the oldcoach that it's going to be on live from corsicana

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=991720

Holy sheep dodo, this just made my week!

NSMustangProud
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Holy sheep dodo, this just made my week!

I guess this means you are happy Flee?

DrEdward
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
That'll cut down on the actual attendance in Corsicana.

Fleeman93
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
I guess this means you are happy Flee?

Flee is happy! I needed some fertilizer.

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
That'll cut down on the actual attendance in Corsicana.

Thinking the same thing. You're still going I assume?

Good for the rest of us though. DVR is a wonderful thing. I'll be at the Oak Ridge game at Woodforest.

NSMustangProud
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
There's still nothing like being there though......I wanted to be at the UT game so bad Saturday night with all the other 106,000 people!

Adams07
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
What channel is this game going to be on?

DrEdward
09-21-2009, 06:33 PM

Good for the rest of us though. DVR is a wonderful thing. I'll be at the Oak Ridge game at Woodforest.

I am still going, TV or not. But a number of "fans" have been complaining about the distance to travel to the game. For them, a televised game is the perfect out. I don't understand the distance complaint given the nature and circumstances of the game in question.

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I am still going, TV or not. But a number of "fans" have been complaining about the distance to travel to the game. For them, a televised game is the perfect out. I don't understand the distance complaint given the nature and circumstances of the game in question.

With you on that one. If I had a dog in the fight, I'd still go. Distance from SL is less than 100 miles from what I understand. Heck, that's Woodz to College Station. Nothing at all.

NSMustangProud
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
If my Longhorn doesn't come home this weekend, then I'll head out early Saturday morning just to support my alma mater!

SLC
09-21-2009, 07:40 PM

I'll still be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world. I will be DVR'n it as well though.

yankee
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
With you on that one. If I had a dog in the fight, I'd still go. Distance from SL is less than 100 miles from what I understand. Heck, that's Woodz to College Station. Nothing at all.

carroll fans don't usually travel well...it's not usually a bad turnout, and most teams would probably be happy with the kind of turnout we get, but...i'm usually not impressed. i remember when we played lufkin at SFA in '05 i believe, everyone was throwing a fit because it was so small. turns out, we didn't even fill the visitor side. won't matter if this game is on tv for me though...we're going to the game, and just dvr'ing it.

Bass
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Hmm... as an unbiased observer, this might change my plans for attending the game.

t00 playa
09-21-2009, 08:19 PM

its what.. all of an hour for you guys?:eek:

Mr. Rod
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Tony Romo can throw an incomplete pass from Southlake and hit Tiger Stadium. :p

SLC
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM

1 1/2 hours.:eek:

Mr. Rod
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
1 1/2 hours.:eek:

Double Shock!!! :eek::eek:

Squirrel88
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
It's about 3 - 3.5 hours for those that live in North Shore. :confused:

drgnbkr
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM

91 miles. We'll have a good crowd for a great game. I'll be there early, and no reason not to stay late...

SLC
09-21-2009, 09:45 PM
It's about 3 - 3.5 hours for those that live in North Shore. :confused:

Damn, thats what? A 7 hour round trip.:eek:

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn, thats what? A 7 hour round trip.:eek:

Yeah really. Is there a Marriot in Corsicana?
:)

slcdragonfan
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
This could be played in Beirut and I would find a way to be there. I will also DVR it. Who would have missed the Trinity/SLC game? This could be that epic.

or not. :)

oo7bnoremac
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
carroll fans don't usually travel well...it's not usually a bad turnout, and most teams would probably be happy with the kind of turnout we get, but...i'm usually not impressed. i remember when we played lufkin at SFA in '05 i believe, everyone was throwing a fit because it was so small. turns out, we didn't even fill the visitor side. won't matter if this game is on tv for me though...we're going to the game, and just dvr'ing it.

Are you a blithering idiot? Have you been to a state championship game in San Antonio? If you want to talk about not traveling well then you can talk about Mesquite! Do you expect 50,000 people to show up at every away game?

I would think for any high school football game that if a team can get more than just the parents of the band, drill team, cheerleaders and players to go to an away game, then that would be a team that travels well.

SLC
09-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Are you a blithering idiot? Have you been to a state championship game in San Antonio? If you want to talk about not traveling well then you can talk about Mesquite! Do you expect 50,000 people to show up at every away game?

I would think for any high school football game that if a team can get more than just the parents of the band, drill team, cheerleaders and players to go to an away game, then that would be a team that travels well.

It's all just opinions...I dont think it's necessary to call Yankee an idiot.

dragonbuck
09-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Are you a blithering idiot?

Gee,
tell us how you really feel.

oo7bnoremac
09-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Come on, lets be resonable here. We travel better than any team that has ever come into Dragon Stadium. Sometimes we have more people in attendence at an away game than the other team does.

dragonbuck
09-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Come on, lets be resonable here. We travel better than any team that has ever come into Dragon Stadium. Sometimes we have more people in attendence at an away game than the other team does.

yes, we travel very well. At the Arlington game we probably had 2X the fans that Arlingotn had at tehir home game. But the blithering idiot part was not necessary - especially to a fellow Dragon;)

SLC
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM
yes, we travel very well. At the Arlington game we probably had 2X the fans that Arlingotn had at tehir home game. But the blithering idiot part was not necessary - especially to a fellow Dragon;)

Agreed..Thats the only thing I took issue with, Yankee just gave his opinion, if we dont agree, fine, but we can leave the idiot stuff out...

.....since it's a Carroll fan.:D

DrEdward
09-21-2009, 11:41 PM

It's a bit farther than that; I would guess an hour and a half to two hours, depending upon Dallas traffic (if one takes the I45 route). I would guess that of the total distance between Southlake and Galena Park, you guys get to cover about 69% of the distance to Corsicana and we get the remaining 31% of the miles. But as I have said before, to see two teams of this quality play each other, the distance seems a bit unimportant. I would have happily driven to your back yard for the game, but the good folks in Corsicana evidently made both schools an offer they could not refuse.

SLC93
09-22-2009, 07:01 AM

+1 That was always part of the fun for us growing up. I have memories from elementary through freshman year of piling into somebodies van or suburban for a road trip, especially come playoff time. These folk wouldn't have made it back in the 3A days. I know we played our fair share at Pennington but there were many trips out east and all over.

SLC93
09-22-2009, 07:04 AM
+1 That was always part of the fun for us growing up. I have memories from elementary through freshman year of piling into somebodies van or suburban for a road trip, especially come playoff time. These folk wouldn't have made it back in the 3A days. I know we played our fair share at Pennington but there were many trips out east and all over.

That said this is a god send for me. I had plans to attend with a couple of my buddies until about a month ago. That's when my wife informed me we would be in Tulsa to see a cousin in law (?) I haven't even met yet get married.:mad:

Mr. Rod
09-22-2009, 07:57 AM
It's a bit farther than that; I would guess an hour and a half to two hours, depending upon Dallas traffic (if one takes the I45 route). I would guess that of the total distance between Southlake and Galena Park, you guys get to cover about 69% of the distance to Corsicana and we get the remaining 31% of the miles. But as I have said before, to see two teams of this quality play each other, the distance seems a bit unimportant. I would have happily driven to your back yard for the game, but the good folks in Corsicana evidently made both schools an offer they could not refuse.

Did anyone else here about a ferris wheel and water slide for the pre-game? Im there!! :cool:

Big Daddy Cool
09-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Tony Romo couldn't even hit Jessica Simpson that's why she dumped him. :notworthy

As for the drive yeah its a long way, but if you are a true fan miles don't matter to you. If I can make the drive to Beaumont, Port Arthur, Port Neches and San Antonio so I can surely make the drive to Corsicana. Looking forward to seeing a sea of green and red and a damn fine football game.

Miss Kitty
09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Y'all just be careful in your travels. :)

SLC
09-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Thank you maam.:)

yankee
09-22-2009, 02:18 PM

yes. yes i am. glad you got the blithering part in there too. can never forget the blithering.

SLC93
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
yes. yes i am. glad you got the blithering part in there too. can never forget the blithering.

The blithering is significantly enhanced by a Landry lip. If you haven't tried blithering with the stache you don't know what your missing.:D

yankee
09-22-2009, 02:34 PM
The blithering is significantly enhanced by a Landry lip. If you haven't tried blithering with the stache you don't know what your missing.:D

your hatred of landry jones and his AWESOME pedophile mustache has been duly noted. ;)

twcpfan1
09-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Why does Corsicana sound to me like a place with a big BBQ restaurant?

Can you guys access your DVR's remotely? Right now FSW is not showing this game on the UVERSE TV Guide.

SLC93
09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
your hatred of landry jones and his AWESOME pedophile mustache has been duly noted. ;)

I hadn't thought of it til just now but, yes, I believe that stache would support a 3 year old boy.:eek::D

DragonFan0316
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM

You are a class act. Thank you.

DragonFan0316
09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Attention Dragon Nation

Please ignore this thread!! Unless you are recording this game to watch it later this TV Business means nothing. We need to bring everyone in our small little farming town to Corsicana. We need to get there early and in strong numbers. No disrespect to North Shore folks but we need to fill all 10,500 seats. I know our boys can count on our full support!!!:notworthy

PS If you need a ride I have room for three.

SLC
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Attention Dragon Nation

Please ignore this thread!! Unless you are recording this game to watch it later this TV Business means nothing. We need to bring everyone in our small little farming town to Corsicana. We need to get there early and in strong numbers. No disrespect to North Shore folks but we need to fill all 10,500 seats. I know our boys can count on our full support!!!:notworthy

Yep...I plan on DVR'n it only...I will be there early, be loud and stay late!

DragonFan0316
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM

Me too brother!!!

DrEdward
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM

It's Road Trip time for the Dragons!

maxman
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
from what i hear about north shore traveling... dragon fans are going to dominate the stands.. about 10 to 1 in a really nice 10,000-seat stadgeum

twcpfan1
09-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Telecast may not be available to everybody in the Houston area. I do not think UVERSE carries Fox Sports Plus.

NSMustangProud
09-22-2009, 06:01 PM
If my Longhorn doesn't come home this weekend I plan to travel.....darn, if I can make it to Berry stadium Corsicana isn't much worse....hehe

NSMustangProud
09-22-2009, 06:16 PM
from what i hear about north shore traveling... dragon fans are going to dominate the stands.. about 10 to 1 in a really nice 10,000-seat stadgeum

Dang, NS is just not going to have any thing going their way on Saturday;)

DrEdward
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Dang, NS is just not going to have any thing going their way on Saturday;)

That's okay; Carroll doesn't travel as well as it once did. Both Carroll and North Shore fans will probably all just end up sitting in the rain in Corsicana watching a crummy game before it is called due to lightning in the area. We will all then be faced with flash floods as we try to get home Saturday night get stranded and spend the night sleeping in our trucks parked along Hwy 22. Gloom. :D:rolleyes:

mcneilmav
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Barring a pick six.....:mad:

t00 playa
09-23-2009, 07:39 AM

and vice versa:eek:

the_great_state_of_TExas
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
That's okay; Carroll doesn't travel as well as it once did. Both Carroll and North Shore fans will probably all just end up sitting in the rain in Corsicana watching a crummy game before it is called due to lightning in the area. We will all then be faced with flash floods as we try to get home Saturday night get stranded and spend the night sleeping in our trucks parked along Hwy 22. Gloom. :D:rolleyes:

I am assuming you are being sarcastic. Our local Fox station is forecasting a hot(88)/dry game day.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/subindex/weather/forecasts

DragonFan0316
09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Attention Dragon Nation

One less day to wait. Don't believe any bull that NS doesn't travel They will show up in droves. Come early and in big numbers!!:)

xnfl
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
SLC 35
ns 14

xnfl
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
SLC are better this year than ever and I mean ever, they could run the table including Katy and a powerhouse like Allen. I watch more High School games than most and SLC have everything they need this season to win state again as a side note ...best kicker in Texas

slcdragonfan
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
SLC are better this year than ever and I mean ever, they could run the table including Katy and a powerhouse like Allen. I watch more High School games than most and SLC have everything they need this season to win state again as a side note ...best kicker in Texas

:notworthy

I like hearing that from another source that is not SLC-partisan. I have felt this: we have not been truly tested, but we are performing as well as I have seen us including the D. Is this because of the opponent? Don't know. Is it because of the matchups? I don't know. BUT, this game goes a long way in seeing what we have. If we lose, the season isn't over, we (fans) have to understand that you can win championships without going 16-0. If we win, it is a confirmation of sorts. Either way, I expect a close game, with mistakes making the difference.

Cade is absolutely incredible, great LB as well, we will really miss when he is gone.

t00 playa
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
It's Road Trip time for the Dragons!

what are distance/time parameters that constitute the title of "road trip"? :eek:

SLC
09-23-2009, 03:35 PM
what are distance/time parameters that constitute the title of "road trip"? :eek:

Were traveling...It's a road trip.:eek:

dragonpants
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Wow there are now 2 Colleyville guys I like. :D

I think we still have a lot to prove but we all appreciate the accolades. There are still 12 more weeks to prove ourselves and we are taking it one week at a time. There are lot so good teams in our way that have the potential to beat us.

SLC
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the props sir..These kids are working very hard this season and seem to be on a mission. The goal isn't to be peaking right now, but to be peaking as the last game of the year approaches. The Dragons have plenty of work left to do and each game they are improving from the week before.

And yes...We feel very fortunate to have a kicker like Cade...good thing is, he'll knock you out too.:D

The Observer
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow there are now 2 Colleyville guys I like. :D

I think we still have a lot to prove but we all appreciate the accolades. There are still 12 more weeks to prove ourselves and we are taking it one week at a time. There are lot so good teams in our way that have the potential to beat us.

Southlake sucks! Didn't want you to think everybody in Colleyville was going soft.

In all seriousness, best of luck to the Dragons...I'm always for DFW football showing out.

SLC
09-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Southlake sucks! Didn't want you to think everybody in Colleyville was going soft.

In all seriousness, best of luck to the Dragons...I'm always for DFW football showing out.

Thank you sir..We appreciate the well wishes.

NSMustangProud
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM

I've learned alot about us this past week....we don't travel well either!

DragonFan0316
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I've learned alot about us this past week....we don't travel well either!

Just cus some guy on here said you don't travel well doesn't sway me. NS didn't win 72+ games in a row without support at away games. Nice try though, I am still coming down early so you don't get my seat.:notworthy:D

t00 playa
09-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Who is the home team?:eek:

SLC
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Who is the home team?:eek:

North Shore is.

twcpfan1
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
For UVERSE subscribers in Houston, they just updated their DVR guide.

Channel 753 or 1753 (HD)

6pm Saturday.

drgnbkr
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM

90 miles to Corsicana definitely constitutes a "road trip". Hell, Rockwall was a road trip..especially at rush hour. Probably kind of like North Shore to Katy at 5:30.

t00 playa
09-23-2009, 10:14 PM
90 miles to Corsicana definitely constitutes a "road trip". Hell, Rockwall was a road trip..especially at rush hour. Probably kind of like North Shore to Katy at 5:30.

i c.:eek:

drgnbkr
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
i c.:eek:

Still not as much as you guys have to travel this weekend....Sorry about that!