PDA

View Full Version : Cinco Ranch 4-0 @ College Park 3-1

twcpfan1
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Both go into this game with some momentum. CR has won all 4 games this year, CP its last 3. (Beat Nimitz tonight 35-12) Who wins? Homecoming for College Park.

Dynastybegan86
09-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Tough call, Cinco!

TWHS10
09-19-2009, 11:15 PM
i say college park, and proud to say that i was the first to vote for them.

1 reason they will win: it is homecoming and they have to win their hc game before losing our hc game. :P

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 12:49 AM
i must say im little mad people are not giving us a chance in this one... this is the game of the year in my eyes, in front of woods and lufkin.. we played them very well last year before things turned down hill for us.. but i think we will be much better this year over all. One: we are at home, homcoming, Two: A storm hasnt messed up things like last year, Three: we re doing very well playing as a team. i must say i cant wait for this game.. everyone who can watch this one come.. :D

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 07:58 AM
i must say im little mad people are not giving us a chance in this one... this is the game of the year in my eyes, in front of woods and lufkin.. we played them very well last year before things turned down hill for us.. but i think we will be much better this year over all. One: we are at home, homcoming, Two: A storm hasnt messed up things like last year, Three: we re doing very well playing as a team. i must say i cant wait for this game.. everyone who can watch this one come.. :D

Cinco looks like they've been able to reload and continue their impressive run which started last year. Their KHS neighbors have even been gracious enough to tell them that they are a lock for 2nd place in district. I'm sure they appreciated that :D. I'm not surprised at the poll result so far. CP are getting there but still have some things to work on. Focus for one thing. A lot of confusion on the sideline last night trying to get the play in on time. It was comical watching the coaches having to look for the players they wanted to send in. What were they doing? LOL. On the upside we made more and missed less extra pts/ field goals compared to last week. It's the loudest we cheered last night when we actually kicked a few. LOL

The key here is to get ready for District. Cinco will present similar challenges TWHS will in our next game when things start to count. It's a good opponent for College Park going into District. Hope their players are as confident as their fans. I'm expecting a good game.

Bandmom
09-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Is this game Friday or Saturday? Don't see myself driving to Port Arthur for the Woodz game so I'd love to come out. Think there will be tickets left at the gate?

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Is this game Friday or Saturday? Don't see myself driving to Port Arthur for the Woodz game so I'd love to come out. Think there will be tickets left at the gate?

Friday night 7:30

I'm getting my daughter to get my ticket at the school tomorrow. Not sure if it will sell out. I imagine there will be seats in the visitors section if the home section fills up. If you have time, it might be a good idea to get it at the CP campus early this week, or get your child to try and arrange it with one of her CP band friends. All those kids know each other from what I'm told.

By the way, just wanted to pass on that the CP parents at last night's game were very proud of TWHS, the way they all showed up at the Kingwood game to the point of having to sit in the Visitors section.

rwilleby
09-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Thank you for mentioning my team... :)

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 08:45 AM

Likewise, in your District thread as the next team to be posterized by Cinco. :)

85Roughneck
09-20-2009, 08:48 AM

He can't help himself ... He loves all things Katy and he's a HUGE fan of the Tigers. ;):D

85Roughneck
09-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Likewise, in your District thread as the next team to be posterized by Cinco. :)

well played sir, well played :notworthy

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 09:02 AM
He can't help himself ... He loves all things Katy and he's a HUGE fan of the Tigers. ;):D

Haha Nice one :D

62tiger
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Since I know absolutely nothing about CP and I have seen CR in person.......Gotta go with CP at home.

Only thing that bothers me is that HC thing. Seems like a lot of teams lose a little focus during HC week. If CP can actually tackle they will have a chance to win. They need to make the CR QB beat them.

LPack007
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Good luck College Park!!

LPack007
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm getting my daughter to get my ticket at the school tomorrow. Not sure if it will sell out. I imagine there will be seats in the visitors section if the home section fills up. If you have time, it might be a good idea to get it at the CP campus early this week, or get your child to try and arrange it with one of her CP band friends. All those kids know each other from what I'm told.

By the way, just wanted to pass on that the CP parents at last night's game were very proud of TWHS, the way they all showed up at the Kingwood game to the point of having to sit in the Visitors section.

I wonder how many will show up to Abe this year..

Forward Pass
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM

What do you expect? We're 4-0 and we're playing VERY good Football, as well. This has been the game I have been looking forward to all season. It will let me know what kind of Football team we really are. I have said this on the board several times this past year. Taylor Parsons, IMO, was the best QB we faced last season. I have a huge amount of respect for him for battling through his injury and look forward to seeing how our defense will be able to contain him on Friday night.

I have not seen your team play and I'm sure know one from CP has seen us play. It should be a good one. Two keys for both teams, IMO.

1. Cinco must contain and put pressure on Parsons. Keep at least one guy in his line of fire (running and passing), at all times.

2. CP must find a way to shut down our RB, Nlemchi. No one has yet. If CP can do it, then they're the real deal.

Of course, I'm picking Cinco. I think it will be pretty close. 27-17.

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Cinco looks like they've been able to reload and continue their impressive run which started last year. Their KHS neighbors have even been gracious enough to tell them that they are a lock for 2nd place in district. I'm sure they appreciated that :D. I'm not surprised at the poll result so far. CP are getting there but still have some things to work on. Focus for one thing. A lot of confusion on the sideline last night trying to get the play in on time. It was comical watching the coaches having to look for the players they wanted to send in. What were they doing? LOL. On the upside we made more and missed less extra pts/ field goals compared to last week. It's the loudest we cheered last night when we actually kicked a few. LOL

The key here is to get ready for District. Cinco will present similar challenges TWHS will in our next game when things start to count. It's a good opponent for College Park going into District. Hope their players are as confident as their fans. I'm expecting a good game.

Thats why I'm really excited about this one. if we play Well in And no injuries we have a really really good chance in this one...

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Since I know absolutely nothing about CP and I have seen CR in person.......Gotta go with CP at home.

Only thing that bothers me is that HC thing. Seems like a lot of teams lose a little focus during HC week. If CP can actually tackle they will have a chance to win. They need to make the CR QB beat them.

RED: thats how we are going to take down the woodlands, i know for sure they are going to lose it.. sadly thats how we lost ours last year...:(
Blue: yea your right there but when we do tackle we hit hard!! hit you can here in the stands.. (with the bands playing) :D:Music

caveman
09-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm a homer for Cinco Ranch, but College Park this season.....whew!!!

Bandmom
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the tip. Will see what I can do. Would really like to catch this one if possible. Sounds like it will be a good game. Cinco Ranch is on a roll but I'll pick CP for a close one.

Yeah, I heard a lot of TW fans were on the visitor's. I think the good turnout was a result of people being ecstatic to finally be playing a home game. The team is playing great but I think most were happy that they didn't have to drive 50+ miles to see them play. :D

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the tip. Will see what I can do. Would really like to catch this one if possible. Sounds like it will be a good game. Cinco Ranch is on a roll but I'll pick CP for a close one.

Yeah, I heard a lot of TW fans were on the visitor's. I think the good turnout was a result of people being ecstatic to finally be playing a home game. The team is playing great but I think most were happy that they didn't have to drive 50+ miles to see them play. :D

I bet it was great feeling to only drive 5-6 miles :)... your next home game is us (CP) right??

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 01:51 PM

ITs going to be great!!

ktCarl
09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
i must say im little mad :Dpeople are not giving us a chance in this one... this is the game of the year in my eyes, in front of woods and lufkin.. we played them very well last year before things turned down hill for us.. but i think we will be much better this year over all. One: we are at home, homcoming, Two: A storm hasnt messed up things like last year, Three: we re doing very well playing as a team. i must say i cant wait for this game.. everyone who can watch this one come.. :D

I voted for Cinco in a close game just to keep your level of madness at fever pitch. :Music CP has the home field, 3point advantage but that disappears with it being a Homecoming game.

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Homecoming is always a distraction. The nice thing is 6 team districts like the ones Cinco and CP are in have 5 non district games to try and fit HC in somehow. Much rather be distracted in a game that technically does not count rather than lose to an opponent in district you should have beaten.

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
What do you expect? We're 4-0 and we're playing VERY good Football, as well. This has been the game I have been looking forward to all season. It will let me know what kind of Football team we really are. I have said this on the board several times this past year. Taylor Parsons, IMO, was the best QB we faced last season. I have a huge amount of respect for him for battling through his injury and look forward to seeing how our defense will be able to contain him on Friday night.

I have not seen your team play and I'm sure know one from CP has seen us play. It should be a good one. Two keys for both teams, IMO.

1. Cinco must contain and put pressure on Parsons. Keep at least one guy in his line of fire (running and passing), at all times.

2. CP must find a way to shut down our RB, Nlemchi. No one has yet. If CP can do it, then they're the real deal.

Of course, I'm picking Cinco. I think it will be pretty close. 27-17.

It's going to take a couple more weeks before Parsons gets back to the form and explosiveness we saw this time last year at Rhodes. Expect less running from the QB position compared to last year. Nice thing for CP is he has some nice big targets to throw to this year. The CP TE's and Receivers have been very good lately. CP has given up 7,7 and 12 the last 3 games. That area IMO has been the biggest improvement this year. No points were allowed by Defensive starters. And 2 of 4 TD's allowed were by special teams. The D has faced some serious D1 talent in those wins. Justin Gilbert is a solid Oklahoma State commit. Joseph Maxey has several D1 schools interested. Both play for Huntsville. Josh Huff (Nimitz) committed to Utah.

A couple of CP underclassmen have looked very good for CP. Junior Backup QB Tyler Chaumet and Soph RB Austin Boudreau.

Bandmom
09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I bet it was great feeling to only drive 5-6 miles :)... your next home game is us (CP) right??

Oh it was WONDERFUL to only drive 6 miles. Yes, after Port A, a bye next week, then you guys at home. Well it's a bye for the football team, the band has a competition in Pearland so I'll be on the road again...

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh it was WONDERFUL to only drive 6 miles. Yes, after Port A, a bye next week, then you guys at home. Well it's a bye for the football team, the band has a competition in Pearland so I'll be on the road again...

We'll need a bigger stadium for the TWH - CP game. Sold out on both sides last year. And that was with no Homecoming. Gonna get ugly.

twcpfan1
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm glad CP are going up against another outstanding athlete in KC Nlemchi. He has racked up some great numbers so far this year. Like I said the CP D has faced some really great athletes this year. I'm sure they will be up for the challenge. (if they're not too distracted by HC dates and such :D)

Stands junky
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm glad CP are going up against another outstanding athlete in KC Nlemchi. He has racked up some great numbers so far this year. Like I said the CP D has faced some really great athletes this year. I'm sure they will be up for the challenge. (if they're not too distracted by HC dates and such :D)

Sadly knowing those football players they could lol. last year when we were playing new caney the whole d line was talking about the pre game dinner and how they needed to let a load off after the game..:D needless to say coach was chuckling too. thats prob why we were so out of it that day...

Stands junky
09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
I voted for Cinco in a close game just to keep your level of madness at fever pitch. :Music CP has the home field, 3point advantage but that disappears with it being a Homecoming game.

yea but hey things happen. cinco has to take a drive to the woods after a day at school, come to a place that can be very hard to play at when home team Fans filling up the place :D Fyi level of mad ness wasnt bad in this.. im just looking for respect for CP. but we have to win to earn that Respect. sooo i cool:cool:

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Sadly knowing those football players they could lol. last year when we were playing new caney the whole d line was talking about the pre game dinner and how they needed to let a load off after the game..:D needless to say coach was chuckling too. thats prob why we were so out of it that day...

LOL LOL. I'm sure the girls (Homecoming dates) will appreciate their being compared to taking a dump. :D:D :laugh

Stands junky
09-21-2009, 12:14 AM
LOL LOL. I'm sure the girls (Homecoming dates) will appreciate the comparison between them and taking a dump. :D:D :laugh

lol yea :laugh:laugh

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 07:31 AM
CP Players - Gonna need to be focused for this one. If you read the 1-7-5 thread, they're extremely confident they'll take us at our place. They must have plenty of reason to believe that.

They're fully expecting to be 9-0 going into the Katy game.

Forward Pass
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
CP Players - Gonna need to be focused for this one. If you read the 1-7-5 thread, they're extremely confident they'll take us at our place. They must have plenty of reason to believe that.
They're fully expecting to be 9-0 going into the Katy game.

What Cinco players have you talked to, or seen posts from, to come to this conclusion? :rolleyes:

Are you basing this off of this ONE fans opinion? C'mon......:D

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
What Cinco players have you talked to, or seen posts from, to come to this conclusion? :rolleyes:

Are you basing this off of this ONE fans opinion? C'mon......:D

Hey, might as well. :D Our guys will be distracted enough as it is with Homecoming. Gotta figure out a way to get them to focus on the game. :D

In all seriousnes, they will be ready. If Cinco comes to Woodforest and beats us, there will be no excuses offered. I hope you all have a safe trip and enjoy our Stadium.

Forward Pass
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey, might as well. :D Our guys will be distracted enough as it is with Homecoming. Gotta figure out a way to get them to focus on the game. :D

In all seriousnes, they will be ready. If Cinco comes to Woodforest and beats us, there will be no excuses offered. I hope you all have a safe trip and enjoy our Stadium.

Seriously, if any of them are reading any of our garbage, then shame on them.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. We will definitely see what type of fan support we really have. Need more than just the players / band / cheer/ danceteam parents to drive up there.

twcpfan1
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Here's some Cinco Ranch film

http://www.athletesconnection.com/content/view/4996/10019/

Stands junky
09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Seriously, if any of them are reading any of our garbage, then shame on them.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. We will definitely see what type of fan support we really have. Need more than just the players / band / cheer/ danceteam parents to drive up there.

yep our fans may be not so loud in reg games but in big games like this we are wayyy full of energy and the team feeds off that... :D

Houston Cougar
09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Have not seen CR play yet this year, but have seen CP play. Could be a very interesting game. Hopefully CP has improved from the game I witnessed. I think CP will pull this game out at home if two things happen:

1) Coaches keep the kids focused during HC week

2) CP players aren't looking ahead to The Woodlands

I have seen both CP and TW play. CP better get a win this week as TW has a steamrolling offense featuring the big OL, fast receivers and faster RB heading their way in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck CP!

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Have not seen CR play yet this year, but have seen CP play. Could be a very interesting game. Hopefully CP has improved from the game I witnessed. I think CP will pull this game out at home if two things happen:

I have seen both CP and TW play. CP better get a win this week as TW has a steamrolling offense featuring the big OL, fast receivers and faster RB heading their way in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck CP!

Lucky we have a week bye week before them :D but yes i think things need to be perfect for us:D but i think we will be ready for this week :Music

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm not liking this rain right now. rain means practice is short or not at all. OR just a really wet afternoon. point being no practice, not ready for a game, not ready for cinco, why have the game, We do have woodforest to go too, turf, unless woods pushing us out of way, i dont see why they have to playing PA, show them a little film and they are ready to go.

twcpfan1
09-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Good Luck CP!

I'm not exactly sure how coaches approach pre district games. But to me, their first district game in 3 weeks, which happens to be against TWHS , better be at least in the back of their minds. Cinco Ranch is as perfect a preparation game as there is for it. They are a quality team. It's the whole point of having pre district games right? So both Cinco and CP can prepare for District. While it would be nice to get the W, I think it's infinitely more important to execute well.

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not exactly sure how coaches approach pre district games. But to me, their first district game in 3 weeks, which happens to be against TWHS , better be at least in the back of their minds. Cinco Ranch is as perfect a preparation game as there is for it. They are a quality team. It's the whole point of having pre district games right? So both Cinco and CP can prepare for District. While it would be nice to get the W, I think it's infinitely more important to execute well.

yea i watched the links you gave of cinco and they ran almost the same type of O. very fast RB's and pass ball well. this is a perfect fit to get warmed up for the Woodies :cool: But like i said before in other post we should have them in mind but not worried about them. keep the eye on cinco.

Cavalier-insider
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I like CP in this one. Its going to be a great night on top of a great weekend. Cinco is great team to prepair for the woodlands and i see even if we lose this one we should be better off when Woodlands game comes around. 2 weeks to watch film of the cinco game and woods games. catch whats the same in both teams and diff, how to pressure the ball and QB.
I like how Carson wanted cinco, he has a good head on shoulders :)

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
i like cp in this one. Its going to be a great night on top of a great weekend. Cinco is great team to prepair for the woodlands and i see even if we lose this one we should be better off when woodlands game comes around. 2 weeks to watch film of the cinco game and woods games. Catch whats the same in both teams and diff, how to pressure the ball and qb.
i like how carson wanted cinco, he has a good head on shoulders :)

ran the same play thats the college park way! ;)

teXan
09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Here's some Cinco Ranch film

http://www.athletesconnection.com/content/view/4996/10019/

Thanks for that link...it actually made a difference. I'm glad I looked at it before I voted in the poll. I was about to pick CR by a small margin but, having seen film on both teams, changed my pick to CP. What I don't know, however, is what close means in your poll. I'm saying CP by 10, which I guess is close.

teXan
09-22-2009, 05:42 PM

Good Luck CP!

Why would CP look ahead to TW? Who wants to spend the next 3 weeks all depressed waiting for the outcome of that game. ;)

twcpfan1
09-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Why would CP look ahead to TW? Who wants to spend the next 3 weeks all depressed waiting for the outcome of that game. ;)

Haha. There will be matchup problems for College Park for sure. But you never know. If we end up playing a TO free game and control the time of possession, we might be able to keep it close.

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM

lol thanks. but hey watch out, it is the "battle at the bank", you never know ;)

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for that link...it actually made a difference. I'm glad I looked at it before I voted in the poll. I was about to pick CR by a small margin but, having seen film on both teams, changed my pick to CP. What I don't know, however, is what close means in your poll. I'm saying CP by 10, which I guess is close.

haha and you know whats funny :D, ya'll run close to the same thing :rolleyes:

teXan
09-22-2009, 10:08 PM
haha and you know whats funny :D, ya'll run close to the same thing :rolleyes:

Running the same thing and executing the same way are two completely different things. The reason I picked CP is because of CR's lack of execution. I realize that a snippit doesn't show the whole game but I saw enough to know that TW would take advantage of those mistakes and I believe CP will do the same.

CR does not look like TW...no offense CR. Don't expect to get too much of a feel for TW from this game.

teXan
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Haha. There will be matchup problems for College Park for sure. But you never know. If we end up playing a TO free game and control the time of possession, we might be able to keep it close.

If you would have suggested the possibility of a turnover-free game last season, I would have laughed in your face...a lot. This season, it's still worth a chuckle.

CP, meet Bob. Bob...ball. Now turn your head and cough it up.

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Running the same thing and executing the same way are two completely different things. The reason I picked CP is because of CR's lack of execution. I realize that a snippit doesn't show the whole game but I saw enough to know that TW would take advantage of those mistakes and I believe CP will do the same.

CR does not look like TW...no offense CR. Don't expect to get too much of a feel for TW from this game.

i have to go with the opp of what your thinking. i respect your pick very much yes :D. but saying we won't get much out of this game for the woods game is not true. i saw the woods play right in front of me, every play every down and every mistake, little in the game though, but the point is they ran pretty much the same thing. im not saying CR is the woods noo. im meaning that the idea of how the too schools play is the same. meaning the same type of D to stop that. Yes diff players yes diff coachs and yes diff speed. but over all this is like a quiz before a test. teachers never make the test the same as the quiz. same subject but the test has harder problems. :cool:

Stands junky
09-22-2009, 11:49 PM
If you would have suggested the possibility of a turnover-free game last season, I would have laughed in your face...a lot. This season, it's still worth a chuckle.

Now now now. you guys gave it up too and we had ya'll on the edge for a few mins. took the lead a couple times and had just as many wow plays like ya'll. but the wheel turned in your favor and we ran out of gas..

twcpfan1
09-23-2009, 12:52 AM

I believe CP is so far averaging <1 turnover per game. May not mean anything for the Battle of The Woodz. I don't know.

The other thing to consider perhaps is each team's core group played each other as Sophs so there is a lot of familiarity there, not to mention friendships. Don't know if that's going to be any kind of equalizer.

Anyway back to Cinco and Homecoming ...

Stands junky
09-23-2009, 01:16 AM
I believe CP is so far averaging <1 turnover per game. May not mean anything for the Battle of The Woodz. I don't know.

The other thing to consider perhaps is each team's core group played each other as Sophs so there is a lot of familiarity there, not to mention friendships. Don't know if that's going to be any kind of equalizer.

Anyway back to Cinco and Homecoming ...

How many returns Cinco have back fom last years group??

ktCarl
09-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm not liking this rain right now. rain means practice is short or not at all. OR just a really wet afternoon. point being no practice, not ready for a game, not ready for cinco, why have the game, We do have woodforest to go too, turf, unless woods pushing us out of way, i dont see why they have to playing PA, show them a little film and they are ready to go.

Don't worry. Cinco isn't practicing in the Gobi Desert. It's raining here also. Even Steven.

twcpfan1
09-23-2009, 06:48 AM
How many returns Cinco have back fom last years group??

They had 3 big studs on offense. Shane Ros QB, Adam Hirtz RB, and the big tall WR whose name I can't remember. First 2 are gone for sure. Not sure about the WR. Current QB Zack Myers has had a lot of PT with Ros injured for a good portion of 07-08. KC Nlemchi RB is their biggest offensive weapon. Big bruising dude. Not sure how fast he is.

KT2000
09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
I've seen Cinco twice this year so far, but have only seen video highlights of College Park.

The Cinco Ranch linebackers will be up to the task of defending the CP option game (#10 Radcliffe and #44 Holt will be all over the place), but the wildcard will be how the DL performs. Cinco graduated some key players on the defensive line, and it's evident they're looking for players to step up in that area.

I've seen Cinco versus Cy Ridge and SA Reagan. Both of those teams ran shotgun zone read offenses. CP will be a different sort of challenge for the Cougars. Reagan didn't get much of anything going against Cinco's D and most of Cy Ridge's success came through senior stud WR Kevin Johnson.

On offense, Nlemchi is the headline grabber and he's got some experienced OLs in front of him. Nlemchi is a player that has to be form tackled. He's not the kind of player defenders can throw an arm at and expect to take him down. He has speed to pull away once he's by the linebackers.

Zach Myers can be an effective passer. He is not going to destroy people with his arm or his feet necessarily, but he'll generally keep himself out of trouble. Nlemchi obviously helps out a lot. I haven't seen a game breaker at receiver yet.

Cinco has impressive special teams units. #23 (Zach Velliquette) will stand out immediately. He is a very good return man and also very good defensively (CB).

I'm expecting this to be a pretty evenly matched game overall. Cinco will probably give up some yards and points to Parsons and company, but they are disciplined enough to adjust and not let people run completely wild. These two seem to be on a similar level.

twcpfan1
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
To the Cinco Ranch fans making the trip, have a safe one and if you're able to, stop by Market Street, Town Center or The Waterway on the way there. Lots of good food choices. If you want something quick, try Hubbell and Hudson Grocery store at the Waterway close to the Marriot, They have some excellent pastries and sandwiches . If you like BBQ, Pit Master on Sawdust Rd is very good. Of course closer to the Stadium is the Portofino shops. Lots of choices there. There's also Hooters close to the stadium.

forest99
09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
remember everybody, if you cant make it out to the game, or heck even if your there you can tune in to 790AM starting at 7:00pm for a 30 minute pregame show also.

Stands junky
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM
To the Cinco Ranch fans making the trip, have a safe one and if you're able to, stop by Market Street, Town Center or The Waterway on the way there. Lots of good food choices. If you want something quick, try Hubbell and Hudson Grocery store at the Waterway close to the Marriot, They have some excellent pastries and sandwiches . If you like BBQ, Pit Master on Sawdust Rd is very good. Of course closer to the Stadium is the Portofino shops. Lots of choices there. There's also Hooters close to the stadium.

Gotta love the hooters ;), but yes have a safe one fans! good eats everywere never stadium, i say drop katz express by mens wear house if you havent ate at the main one before. great food plus you'll give my brother something to do. ;)

Stands junky
09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
remember everybody, if you cant make it out to the game, or heck even if your there you can tune in to 790AM starting at 7:00pm for a 30 minute pregame show also.

Is this game the "Game of the week" for 790am?

Malmason
09-23-2009, 01:42 PM

Thank you twcpfan1, for posting where to eat. My hubby and I will be leaving work early and driving up there for the first time.

forest99
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Is this game the "Game of the week" for 790am?

yes, cinco ranch vs college park is the game of the week for 790am and since kickoff is at 7:30pm there will be a pregame show starting at 7:00pm. this game should be very exciting and is important for both teams. cinco ranch needs to win to keep their confidence up going into district play and gives them a shot at being 9-0 before playing katy in the last game of year.
for college park they missed out on the postseason last year and can use this game as a giant springboard before having to face teams like lufkin and woodlands. also they feel like they shouldve performed better last year and are seeking respect and revenge.
SO MAKE SURE TO GET THE WORD OUT AT COLLEGE PARK AND CINCO RANCH FOR EVERYBODY TO TUNE IN IF THEY CANT MAKE THE GAME.

letsgowoods
09-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Um this should be a close game! I hate to say this but CP will pull off the upset because its time for the Big One in two weeks from Friday night:) Play smart Cp and don't get your :Censor: kicked and we will see you guys in 2 weeks!

Go Big Green:)

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 01:48 AM
yes, cinco ranch vs college park is the game of the week for 790am and since kickoff is at 7:30pm there will be a pregame show starting at 7:00pm. this game should be very exciting and is important for both teams. cinco ranch needs to win to keep their confidence up going into district play and gives them a shot at being 9-0 before playing katy in the last game of year.
for college park they missed out on the postseason last year and can use this game as a giant springboard before having to face teams like lufkin and woodlands. also they feel like they shouldve performed better last year and are seeking respect and revenge.
SO MAKE SURE TO GET THE WORD OUT AT COLLEGE PARK AND CINCO RANCH FOR EVERYBODY TO TUNE IN IF THEY CANT MAKE THE GAME.

WILL DO!!! :cool:

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Um this should be a close game! I hate to say this but CP will pull off the upset because its time for the Big One in two weeks from Friday night:) Play smart Cp and don't get your :Censor: kicked and we will see you guys in 2 weeks!

Go Big Green:)

This is going to be a great game :D. i dont see a butt kicking at all :Music

teXan
09-24-2009, 08:24 AM
This is going to be a great game :D. i dont see a butt kicking at all :Music

...by either team. However, CR is 4-0 for a reason. They have that bad:Censor: RB (Nlemchi), with his 600+ yds rushing and loads of talent for getting the into the end zone 12 times already. However, having seen CR on film vs what I've seen of CP in person, this is going to be their first challenge of the season. I underlined their because it applies to both teams.

CR so far has beaten 1) a very weak, rebuilding SA Reagan, 2) a pretty weak CySprings with a 50% QB who's team hasn't managed to put up 1K yds of offense, 3) a decent CyRidge that can move the ball but doesn't score well enough to be a winner, and 4) a very weak Conroe with their 40% QB. All good wins but only one semi-challenge.

CP has 1) lost by one TD to a semi-decent Madison, 2) had a 3 TD win over a very weak Huntsville, 3) had a 2.5 TD win over a pretty weak SprDekaney, and 4) a strong win over a D-less Nimitz. I'm actually more impressed with their close loss to Madison than any of their wins.

Neither team has faced a real challenge yet. There hasn't been a KT or NS or TW or LP team in the mix to see what they're really made of.

CR is bringing their well balanced to run-centric offense to The Bank...but a CP homecoming cancels out the home field advantage. The CR D must maintain their OLB/S assignments or they'll get beat on the outside. Granted, I've only seen film on CR but I haven't seen their D perform well at lateral tackles and that's what they'll need against CP.

CP D must contains Nlemchi (not an easy task) and CP O should stick to mostly a ground game themselves. If they go to the air, they'll have Velliquette to worry about but Parsons hasn't thrown an INT and, with only half the air yards of Myers, is only down 1 TD to him in the air.

Overall, it looks like turnovers and containment will be the key to this one. I'd give the edge (barely) to CP in both those categories, which is why I have CP over CR by at least 3. Look for CR to have the early lead going into the half by two scores and CP to pour it on in the 3rd and squeak one out in the 4th.

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
...by either team. However, CR is 4-0 for a reason. They have that bad:Censor: RB (Nlemchi), with his 600+ yds rushing and loads of talent for getting the into the end zone 12 times already. However, having seen CR on film vs what I've seen of CP in person, this is going to be their first challenge of the season. I underlined their because it applies to both teams.

CR so far has beaten 1) a very weak, rebuilding SA Reagan, 2) a pretty weak CySprings with a 50% QB who's team hasn't managed to put up 1K yds of offense, 3) a decent CyRidge that can move the ball but doesn't score well enough to be a winner, and 4) a very weak Conroe with their 40% QB. All good wins but only one semi-challenge.

CP has 1) lost by one TD to a semi-decent Madison, 2) had a 3 TD win over a very weak Huntsville, 3) had a 2.5 TD win over a pretty weak SprDekaney, and 4) a strong win over a D-less Nimitz. I'm actually more impressed with their close loss to Madison than any of their wins.

Neither team has faced a real challenge yet. There hasn't been a KT or NS or TW or LP team in the mix to see what they're really made of.

CR is bringing their well balanced to run-centric offense to The Bank...but a CP homecoming cancels out the home field advantage. The CR D must maintain their OLB/S assignments or they'll get beat on the outside. Granted, I've only seen film on CR but I haven't seen their D perform well at lateral tackles and that's what they'll need against CP.

CP D must contains Nlemchi (not an easy task) and CP O should stick to mostly a ground game themselves. If they go to the air, they'll have Velliquette to worry about but Parsons hasn't thrown an INT and, with only half the air yards of Myers, is only down 1 TD to him in the air.

Overall, it looks like turnovers and containment will be the key to this one. I'd give the edge (barely) to CP in both those categories, which is why I have CP over CR by at least 3. Look for CR to have the early lead going into the half by two scores and CP to pour it on in the 3rd and squeak one out in the 4th.

I really like what you said over all here. very much 100% true facts about both of us. this is why i see this as the game of year for CP. this will show us if we are going to be good or REALLY good come week 6-10
Bold: Also here is true as well, im sure you've seen Cp play for a long time, we are not a very good 1st Period team, we dont come out of our shell tell the middle of 2nd, then like you said we really bring the A game 3rd and 4th. BUT CP must not let things get to out of hand if this is the story CR can Put the ball in the end zone and under pressure they are Good Team as well. I see CR up by maybe 1 TD or a FG at half, CP ties it in 3rd and in 4th a very big battle to have the ball and run the clock down. CP 31 CR 28 Final.

Forward Pass
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Calpreps.com has this one, Cinco 26 College Park 19.

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I was reading the local newspaper this morning and on the front page is a story about the college park fans and students are more excited than ever about this years game then past ones. also has interveiws with players and Carson in story.

teXan
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Where on the California football website should I be looking for College Park/Cinco Ranch?

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Have they been right about games before hand?? :rolleyes:

twcpfan1
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Where on the California football website should I be looking for College Park/Cinco Ranch?

calpreps.com

Then project a matchup.

You can match up any 2 teams in the country and they'll have the projected result.

twcpfan1
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
calpreps.com

Then project a matchup.

You can match up any 2 teams in the country and they'll have the projected result.

Massey Ratings:

Cinco 36 College Park 17

Dynastybegan86
09-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Granted, I've only seen film on CR but I haven't seen their D perform well at lateral tackles and that's what they'll need against CP.

Excellent overview Tex! As for the above quoted portion....#10! ;)

That is all!

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Massey Ratings:

Cinco 36 College Park 17

thats not going to happen :D:cool::Music

Forward Pass
09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
thats not going to happen :D:cool::Music

You seem to be pretty confident. That's good.:D

Best of luck tomorrow night!

BTW, saw your Sophomore team tie CR tonight, 14-14 @ Cinco.
You have a heck of an (athlete) QB # 4. Only guy that had a CP logo on his helmet, that I saw anyway. Played a little WR, when # 7 as under center. Your future loooks bright, if he's the guy coming up the ranks at QB. Also played Safety on a few defensive series and knocked our guys back 2-3 yards a couple of times.

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM

You have a heck of an (athlete) QB # 4. Only guy that had a CP logo on his helmet, that I saw anyway. Played a little WR, when # 7 as under center. Your future loooks bright, if he's the guy coming up the ranks at QB. Also played Safety on a few defensive series and knocked our guys back 2-3 yards a couple of times.

SHHHHHHHH dont tell everyone!!! BUT yes we are going to be very very good here come next season and the one after that. really good talent and that QB is one heck of a kid like you said :Music

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM

And im only a fan. word from in the locker room players are pumped up and ready to go! :rolleyes:

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 09:49 PM
BTW the chance of rain has dropped to 20% now

Stands junky
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
And before the game go and see the vollyball team play #2 CP Vs #1 TWHS 4:30 pm @ College Park

teXan
09-25-2009, 01:12 AM
calpreps.com

Then project a matchup.

Oh yeah. I remember laughing at the pre-game results last year when the matchups were based on the previous 3-8 season.

I have an opinion about the game but that doesn't make it a reality. Only the final score can tell the whole story.

twcpfan1
09-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Ok here we go. Be safe everybody. The Hardy Toll Rd is a good route if you want to be in a good mood when you get to Woodforest.

Since both Woodlands schools scheduled 2 KISD schools the last 2 years, I'm surprised nobody suggested a double header at Reliant or Rice. Both games are generating a lot of interest.

KT2000
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Ok here we go. Be safe everybody. The Hardy Toll Rd is a good route if you want to be in a good mood when you get to Woodforest.

Highly recommend this. It makes the drive very easy. ktcarl and I went that route last year.

twcpfan1
09-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Highly recommend this. It makes the drive very easy. ktcarl and I went that route last year.

With the beltway and the Hardy, it's about 30 - 35 minutes from memory.

twhfan#1
09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
With the beltway and the Hardy, it's about 30 - 35 minutes from memory.

dont know where Cinco Ranch is --- but from Woodforest to Rhodes Stadium via IH 45 , Beltway , and IH 10 --- it is 55 miles --- taking Hardy toll road instead of IH 45 would be a couple miles further but probably about 10 - 15 minutes faster

jhfootball
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
This should be a great game. Everyone is talking about CR d-line. Well i have seen CR play in person and i have seen CP play in person. the one match up I think a lot of you will be surprised about is CR #63 Josh Hempel versus #78 Eli Dickerson who is a verbal to rice. Don't be surprised if hempel is in the back field all night long. he may not be the biggest De in the area but he is very skilled and quick and one of the most under rated DE in the area. He will give Eli all he can handle and more. Most teams that i have seen run at him for about a quarter and then they figure it out real quick and go away from him the rest of the night. Keep an eye on this match up it will be one for the ages. I think CR pulls out the victory by 10 tonight. I also heard that CP tried to send video to CR but for some reason the video they sent was not viewable. Kinda makes you wonder

ktCarl
09-25-2009, 11:45 AM
dont know where Cinco Ranch is --- but from Woodforest to Rhodes Stadium via IH 45 , Beltway , and IH 10 --- it is 55 miles --- taking Hardy toll road instead of IH 45 would be a couple miles further but probably about 10 - 15 minutes faster

Yup, in the Houston area a straight line maybe the shortest route but definitely not the quickest. To save time you have to sometimes travel miles out of the way.

Stands junky
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
ITS GAME DAY BABY!!!! GAME DAY!!!! :Music BE safe everyone traveling tonight to THE BANK!! Enjoy the good eats around town and bring your energy and voice!! :Music GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND LETS HAVE A GREAT ONE! :cool:

caveman
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
OK, sour grapes (perhaps), because we took it on the chin against TWHS: Cinco Ranch wins big!

cyfallsbooster2
09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
OK, sour grapes (perhaps), because we took it on the chin against TWHS: Cinco Ranch wins big!

ok.:cool:

Highlandr
09-25-2009, 08:46 PM

They better giddy-up.

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Come on cinco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow...maybe Cinco isn't what I thought they were this year. Then again I don't know alot.

ktCarl
09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow...maybe Cinco isn't what I thought they were this year. Then again I don't know alot.

I've seen them twice and they are a well disciplined team with not enough firepower this season.

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I've seen them twice and they are a well disciplined team with not enough firepower this season.

Seems like they beat themselves with dumb mistakes.

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Cinco!!!!

Defense hold!

Question to my fellow brethren.

IS it wrong for me to cheer on the Cougs?? :D

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow...great game...wish I would have went. End should be interesting with 2 minutes left.

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Im listening to the game...is College Park a one trick pony?? Dont know much about them.

BlakeJ
09-25-2009, 10:24 PM
LMAO....the CP announcers are terrrrible as Barkley would say. LOL!

"Im not impressed with Cincos RB...I think they are going to go with a QB...uhhh...whatya call it...WR...yeah...throw it to a WR."

Raving Fan
09-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Cinco Ranch on a late FG wins

cougmantx
09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Good win Cinco...great come from behind play.

twcpfan1
09-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Exciting game at Woodforest tonight. Congrats Cinco. Well done CP considering it's homecoming. Great tune up game for both teams going into the bye before District. Some things to work on. Lots of positives too. FG at the buzzer won it for Cinco 38-35.

Bandmom
09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Tough loss CP. Didn't get to attend but flipped back and forth on the radio listening to it and the Woods game. It did sound like an exciting game! Those last second field goals are heartbreakers. Job well done in keeping it interesting.

MidLineOption73
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
What happened to the home field clock?

twcpfan1
09-25-2009, 11:54 PM

Tell me about it. I could not believe they left 0.01 on the clock to allow Cinco to kick the FG. Anything under 0.05, homefield clock kicks in. Timekeeper needs to be run out of town :D

Forward Pass
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Exciting game at Woodforest tonight. Congrats Cinco. Well done CP considering it's homecoming. Great tune up game for both teams going into the bye before District. Some things to work on. Lots of positives too. FG at the buzzer won it for Cinco 38-35.

That is an understatement. Just got back to Katy and I am still reeling over how we pulled this one out. First of all, great job to our friends at College Park. Your boys played their hearts out and have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Parsons is the "real deal", just like I knew he was going to be. You will make the playoffs (no problem) and should go deep. You have the talent to do it!

That FG kicker is a Sophomore! Kicked it through, like he had been doing it forever. Key was the fumble in the 4th quarter, CP. That's when the momentum changed. Glad we will not face an offense like yours again this regular season. Very hard to contain a QB like that. He makes very good reads on his options.

Best of luck the rest of the way! I'll be pulling for you!

Forward Pass
09-26-2009, 12:05 AM
LMAO....the CP announcers are terrrrible as Barkley would say. LOL!

"Im not impressed with Cincos RB...I think they are going to go with a QB...uhhh...whatya call it...WR...yeah...throw it to a WR."

Whatever.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 12:08 AM
That is an understatement. Just got back to Katy and I am still reeling over how we pulled this one out. First of all, great job to our friends at College Park. Your boys played their hearts out and have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Parsons is the "real deal", just like I knew he was going to be. You will make the playoffs (no problem) and should go deep. You have the talent to do it!

That FG kicker is a Sophomore! Kicked it through, like he had been doing it forever. Key was the fumble in the 4th quarter, CP. That's when the momentum changed. Glad we will not face an offense like yours again this regular season. Very hard to contain a QB like that. He makes very good reads on his options.

Likewise. It was a good loss. A lot of positives going into district for both teams.

Zach Myers had a great 2nd half after the shaky 1st half. This game will help his confidence. He showed a lot of heart tonight.

Malmason
09-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Great game! Congratulation to Cougars! CP was very close... good offense but it seems they used #78 too often, and Cougars started shutting down CP offense after they figured out CP's offense pattern. For some reason, Cougars' offense was not fitting in the first half, but they adjusted in the second half.

Completely agree with Katy Fan about the CP announcers. Maybe their speaker system is not good, but I could not understand what he was saying especially he mumbles when he introduce about Cinco Ranch. The way he said "CAVALIER" was very cool though.

It does not seem like Timeeeper was good job either, as it seems like he kept keeping the clock ticking when it suppose to stop.

By the way, the clock was left 0.1 when the last kick started to let Cougars to kick the FG. I need to check what "The Home Field Clock" mean... more to learn about football.

Anyway, good luck to Cavalier and also to Cougars! Glad to see that none of kids got hurt, and they will roll into district game!

Forward Pass
09-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Great game! Congratulation to Cougars! CP was very close... good offense but it seems they used #78 too often, and Cougars started shutting down CP offense after they figured out CP's offense pattern. For some reason, Cougars' offense was not fitting in the first half, but they adjusted in the second half.

Completely agree with Katy Fan about the CP announcers. Maybe their speaker system is not good, but I could not understand what he was saying especially he mumbles when he introduce about Cinco Ranch. The way he said "CAVALIER" was very cool though.

It does not seem like Timeeeper was good job either, as it seems like he kept keeping the clock ticking when it suppose to stop.

By the way, the clock was left 0.1 when the last kick started to let Cougars to kick the FG. I need to check what "The Home Field Clock" mean... more to learn about football.

Anyway, good luck to Cavalier and also to Cougars! Glad to see that none of kids got hurt, and they will roll into district game!

We never figured their offense out. :rolleyes:They ramed it down our throats for 4 quarters. We were fortunate that they fumbled and we were able to get momentum on our side, in the 4th quarter, and pull it out.

As for the clock, we had plenty of time to kick the game winner. Very poor clock management, on our part, in the last 20 seconds, IMO. We should have taken the snap and spiked the ball to stop the clock with about :04 seconds left. Didn't happen that way and we called time out with :03 seconds left, two more seconds ran off, after that. That's how you got the :01 second left.

DTKF
09-26-2009, 12:47 AM
48 yd rushing at half and the drove it down their throat?????????????? u need to check your facts. 2nd half was a little shaky but not down the throat.

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 01:15 AM
48 yd rushing at half and the drove it down their throat?????????????? u need to check your facts. 2nd half was a little shaky but not down the throat.

ok before i comment on game i have to tell you something.. We ran it down and ran it down hard. it may not have seemed like that the 2nd half but we did. your D was out of gas.. they ONLY and i mean ONLY thing was that fumble.. thats it.

i must say this was the game of the year like i talked about. great great great game. Way to go CR you guy's never gave in and Ya'lls 12th man didnt either (the band) wow i cant hear very well right now..
i think it was the little things that really killed us over all. we didnt ran the clock down like we should have in 4th but we ended up getting a td's anyway. Our D backs and D ends gave up a couple good pass's that lead to TD's. Ya'lls running back is REALLY GOOD. Over all im happy we played well but gave this one up. Wow is all i have to say. And ill be going to look for that Clock keeper and knock him around.. :D

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 01:16 AM

Thank you very much!!! Ya'll will make it far as well!! GOOD luck the rest of reg season! make it 10-0!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 01:17 AM

lol you should have been up there ;)

teXan
09-26-2009, 03:48 AM
lol you should have been up there ;)

nm

jhfootball
09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
just like i told you . Great Game . As far as running down Cincos throat; yeah CP did that but they are a one trick pony option left 26 times during one game. The first half Cinco offense just was not there, over throws, dropped passes just was not ready to play. The defense on the other held strong and only gave up 14. Cp only had one long drive in the first half and scored 7. the other cincos offense put there defense on the goal line and CP scored easily. The second half was about adjustments. The Cp one trick pony option left all the 2nd half was ran well Cinco coaches just did not make the adjustment to stop it. Now to the match up i told everyone to watch. #63 Josh Hempel v #78 Eli Dickerson This was a great match up all night long, but in the end #63 got the best of it. Josh hempel was in the back field all night long chasing the QB from the backside. By the 4th Quarter #78 eli dickerson was hunched over in the huddle tring to rest. The speed and quickness of CR #63 josh hempel was just to much for CP # 78 and he quickly tired. All in all great game from both schools, but one thing to CP if you plan to go far in the playoffs you better find at least one other if not several more plays. OPTION LEFT 26-30 times in a game will not get you far. just like tonight it got you to the door but in the end its not the key that will let you in.

rwilleby
09-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Congrats to our Cinco brothers... Excellent win, never gave up!

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 09:29 AM
just like i told you . Great Game . As far as running down Cincos throat; yeah CP did that but they are a one trick pony option left 26 times during one game. The first half Cinco offense just was not there, over throws, dropped passes just was not ready to play. The defense on the other held strong and only gave up 14. Cp only had one long drive in the first half and scored 7. the other cincos offense put there defense on the goal line and CP scored easily. The second half was about adjustments. The Cp one trick pony option left all the 2nd half was ran well Cinco coaches just did not make the adjustment to stop it. Now to the match up i told everyone to watch. #63 Josh Hempel v #78 Eli Dickerson This was a great match up all night long, but in the end #63 got the best of it. Josh hempel was in the back field all night long chasing the QB from the backside. By the 4th Quarter #78 eli dickerson was hunched over in the huddle tring to rest. The speed and quickness of CR #63 josh hempel was just to much for CP # 78 and he quickly tired. All in all great game from both schools, but one thing to CP if you plan to go far in the playoffs you better find at least one other if not several more plays. OPTION LEFT 26-30 times in a game will not get you far. just like tonight it got you to the door but in the end its not the key that will let you in.

I think what lost it for CP was that they gave up on the option and passed on 1st down in the 4th quarter up by 7 with 6 mins to go when they should have been trying to run the clock down. Cinco has not been able to stop it all 2nd half. So why throw a pass? And then Parsons gets sacked in the same series and we had to punt. In the next possession with the score tied, we fumbled. They scored. Crap happens. In the ensuing possession, we scored via option pitch to Osborne which he took to the house. If you're having that much success with it, why go away from it.

One trick pony? 3 CP TD's were pass plays right? And Parsons had 8 completions for 119 yds? 35 for a run oriented team with limited athleticism is not bad at all. Just have to make the defensive adjustments so you're not giving up 38.

sooner fan
09-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I think what lost it for CP was that they gave up on the option and passed on 1st down in the 4th quarter up by 7 with 6 mins to go when they should have been trying to run the clock down. Cinco has not been able to stop it all 2nd half. So why throw a pass? And then Parsons gets sacked in the same series and we had to punt. In the next possession with the score tied, we fumbled. They scored. Crap happens. In the ensuing possession, we scored via option pitch to Osborne which he took to the house. If you're having that much success with it, why go away from it.

One trick pony? 3 CP TD's were pass plays right? And Parsons had 8 completions for 119 yds? 35 for a run oriented team with limited athleticism is not bad at all. Just have to make the defensive adjustments so you're not giving up 38.

Or giving up 31 in the 4th-granted Cinco started the 4th at about the CP 2.

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Or giving up 31 in the 4th-granted Cinco started the 4th at about the CP 2.

Yes that was a total meltdown defensively in the 4th. Coordinators have some work to do. No way you should lose a game up 28-14 in the 4th. Particularly if you have a team designed to use up the clock. Osborne needs to stay inbounds at the end of those option runs after he's already got the necessary yds . It's hard I know if your momentum is taking you that way. So I can't blame him. We were also banged up at the FB postion with Stewart and Boudreaux unavailable and then Paco not playing in the 2nd half. Did not even see Mallambri. Could not call a lot of dive plays.

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
All in all cinco took what we gave them and won. thats what good teams do, they keep fighting and dont give in and even when they are down power the ball and get TD's. CP in my mind just didnt keep the cool, coachs got a litle panicy and players forced some things. the biggest thing was the clock. yes we run a O the controls the Clock and when thats the dagger to put in cinco's heart we didnt use it. but still it sucks we gave it up but we played a game that i will never forget. can be mad or sad. just pick up and keep moving on.

sooner fan
09-26-2009, 12:40 PM
These are two similar programs-both relatively new kids in towns where there is a big dog that has been on top for a while. I would like to see these two play again next year.

I also saw extremely good sportsmanship from CP after losing a heartbreaker.

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 01:23 PM
These are two similar programs-both relatively new kids in towns where there is a big dog that has been on top for a while. I would like to see these two play again next year.

I also saw extremely good sportsmanship from CP after losing a heartbreaker.

Yeah I agree. I hope they keep it going. 2 Classy programs. 2 Classy sets of fans. I'm proud of the hospitality our spirit groups showed our visitors. Hope everybody from Cinco Ranch enjoyed The Woodlands and Woodforest Stadium.

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
For the Cinco fans, here's some film of last night's game. Enjoy.

http://www.woodlandsonline.com/vmps/videolisting.cfm?vdoid=112

CincoFTW21
09-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah I agree. I hope they keep it going. 2 Classy programs. 2 Classy sets of fans. I'm proud of the hospitality our spirit groups showed our visitors. Hope everybody from Cinco Ranch enjoyed The Woodlands and Woodforest Stadium.

Loved the Woodlands, HATED the stadium.

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Tell us how you really feel. Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

sooner fan
09-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I was there, and I loved the stadium. Getting into the stadium was more difficult than it should have been.

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I was there, and I loved the stadium. Getting into the stadium was more difficult than it should have been.

thats been problem since the opener..

Stands junky
09-26-2009, 06:57 PM

Tell us why :D

twhfan#1
09-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Agree -- I have been to probably 15 games at Woodforest since it opened --every week it is something different -- I cant begin to understand -- I went to Oak Ridge game tonight -- came in the home side parking -- with a handicap sticker --- police sent me to the handicap parking to the south end of the lot --problem with that -- I have to go in the pass gate on the northside so I had to walk about 125 yds to the pass gate -- the northside handicap parking ( for that matter all of the northside parking ) --was empty. The attitude was like --- we cant let you park close to the gate u need because that parking might fill up - reminds me of the time I was in the Air Force -- one of my men had a slight injury -- I opened the first aid kit to get a band aid -- I was stopped by the unit safety officer -- I was told I couldnt use a band aid from the first aid kit because it would have to be replaced. I had to send my man to supply to get a band aid

This has nothing to do with CISD -- it is the multiple police agencies at the stadium --each one with their on agenda

Forward Pass
09-26-2009, 10:00 PM

I have to throw my two cents in here. Stadium was good. Sorry, but after you've been to the Berry Center (Cy Fair District), everything else is just OK, IMO.

Parking on the visitors side is crazy. They need one more sign, after the parent drop off sign, that tells you the visitors parking is straight ahead, at the end of the lot. You then have to go through the orange cone "maze", with 8-10 guys directing you.

Don't have a problem with the metal detector machine, but we carried in a backpack (rain gear, etc...just in case) and they went through that thing better than airport security does.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out facts, because you did ask why.

twcpfan1
09-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I have to throw my two cents in here. Stadium was good. Sorry, but after you've been to the Berry Center (Cy Fair District), everything else is just OK, IMO.

Parking on the visitors side is crazy. They need one more sign, after the parent drop off sign, that tells you the visitors parking is straight ahead, at the end of the lot. You then have to go through the orange cone "maze", with 8-10 guys directing you.

Don't have a problem with the metal detector machine, but we carried in a backpack (rain gear, etc...just in case) and they went through that thing better than airport security does.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out facts, because you did ask why.

We thought we had more money to build it but Conroe demanded a portion of it so they can upgrade theirs. So it's the discount version we ended up getting. Still very nice though. I like it. They probably spent 4 times the money for Berry.

As far as the searches, we're just paranoid up here. LOL

I've never taken a pack into the stadium so I've never had a problem.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Agree -- I have been to probably 15 games at Woodforest since it opened --every week it is something different -- I cant begin to understand -- I went to Oak Ridge game tonight -- came in the home side parking -- with a handicap sticker --- police sent me to the handicap parking to the south end of the lot --problem with that -- I have to go in the pass gate on the northside so I had to walk about 125 yds to the pass gate -- the northside handicap parking ( for that matter all of the northside parking ) --was empty. The attitude was like --- we cant let you park close to the gate u need because that parking might fill up - reminds me of the time I was in the Air Force -- one of my men had a slight injury -- I opened the first aid kit to get a band aid -- I was stopped by the unit safety officer -- I was told I couldnt use a band aid from the first aid kit because it would have to be replaced. I had to send my man to supply to get a band aid

This has nothing to do with CISD -- it is the multiple police agencies at the stadium --each one with their on agenda

Not enough crime in The Woodlands for these guys to let loose their can of whoop-*** on a regular basis. So they all come to the stadium and beat up on football fans instead. What were they thinking telling you that the parking would fill up for an Oak Ridge game :Music

forest99
09-27-2009, 02:34 PM
We thought we had more money to build it but Conroe demanded a portion of it so they can upgrade theirs. So it's the discount version we ended up getting. Still very nice though. I like it. They probably spent 4 times the money for Berry.

As far as the searches, we're just paranoid up here. LOL

I've never taken a pack into the stadium so I've never had a problem.

Well now, don't you think Moorehead Stadium needed to be upgraded as well??? And isn't everybody (Oak Ridge, Woodlands, College Park) part of CONROE ISD??? sounds very reasonable and fair to me. They should have known they were going to have to upgrade Moorhead as well and put that into budget.

twcpfan1
09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Well now, don't you think Moorehead Stadium needed to be upgraded as well??? And isn't everybody (Oak Ridge, Woodlands, College Park) part of CONROE ISD??? sounds very reasonable and fair to me. They should have known they were going to have to upgrade Moorhead as well and put that into budget.

I never said it was unfair. Just explaining to the dude what went down. Because it seems like some are surprised with what we ended up with. It sounded like they were expecting more. Just needed to clarify that Woodforest was not allowed to be better than Moorhead.

Not complaining. I like both stadiums. Plenty sufficient for HS athletics.

DTKF
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM

In a veer offense the DE is almost always unblocked. He is read for the QB. The dive was shut down. Good job by the dive players. I dont know if he he dominated #78 but he his a good HS football player. I wish him luck in district.

azairman
09-29-2009, 07:19 AM

the wright kid is a good athlete, but obviously you didn't stay around for the jv game to see the future of college park at quarterback. a sophmore also i was told, rocket arm, dazzling return man, they had to stop kicking it to him. he had about 150 rushing with the option offense, 300 if penalties wouldn't have been called.