PDA

View Full Version : Besides the game; ET vs Allen - What do you want to see; Haka or Allen Band?

KatyTigerDad0407
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Besides the game; ET vs Allen - What do you want to see; Haka or Allen Band?

marcusdrillmom
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Saw the Haka last year in the playoffs, was not that impressed or intimidated not sure what they were going for... (sorry Trinity)

Would love to see the Allen band at a game, just to hear that many kids playing.

trojanbacker
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
That's ok. The Haka is not about impressing those outside the community or intimidation. It's about unity within the team and our community. That's why it's done toward our fans; not the other side. We wouldn't expect you to understand.

marcusdrillmom
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
That's ok. The Haka is not about impressing those outside the community or intimidation. It's about unity within the team and our community. That's why it's done toward our fans; not the other side. We wouldn't expect you to understand.

Well I see that it does get your fans pumped so that is good!
Good luck to you Friday night!

trojanbacker
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
It's done some amazing things to unite the community and bring recognition to important part of our culture. The kids love it, the fans love it and the elders in the communnity have given their overwhelming support. It's all good. Thanks for the "good luck". We'll need it with this young team. Good luck to your team as well.

trinitytrojansdominate
09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Saw the Haka last year in the playoffs, was not that impressed or intimidated not sure what they were going for... (sorry Trinity)

Would love to see the Allen band at a game, just to hear that many kids playing.

We have a new one that wasn't done last year so if that makes a difference

wesaxman34
09-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Haven't seen the new Haka in person yet - I would like to see what Allen actually does for their shows since they have so many people on the field....can't really do visuals like you see from the top notch BOA bands when you're as big as Allen or Duncanville.

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Time for Trinity to ditch the Haka. It gains 0 points with the state at large and I'm sure some redneck ref would find reason to screw the team because he hates it.

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Also mandatory haircuts for anybody wearing a Trinity uni. That ugly ***** has got to stop.

twcpfan1
04-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Time for Trinity to ditch the Haka. It gains 0 points with the state at large and I'm sure some redneck ref would find reason to screw the team because he hates it.

Also mandatory haircuts for anybody wearing a Trinity uni. That ugly ***** has got to stop.

What the hell is wrong with you today? Are you feeling alright? :D

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
What the hell is wrong with you today? Are you feeling alright? :D

Just sharing some honest thoughts while I hijack this sub forum :D

slcdragonfan
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
oh, I thought you meant the HAKA band. :)

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
oh, I thought you meant the HAKA band. :)

Stop it :rolleyes:

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
YES

I did it with a little help. My post count took a big rise today

And yes, I hate the Haka and long hair

da hawaiian
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM
I know from rumors Coach Lineweaver wanted to get away from the Haka. Maybe we should shelve it only for the most significant of games. If you're gonna do something so contreversial maybe you should only bring it out during the most significant of games, preserving the whatever energy you believe you get from doing it?

da hawaiian
04-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Also the long hair

I know my nephews wear their hair long. But again, long hair is a liability. You don't want there to be any reason for the refs to feel animosity towards you and long hair is many times and correctly construed as arrogance and radically different, not a good thing when trying to influence referees.