PDA

View Full Version : Garland Owls Thread

owlswinstate
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Should be a District Championship year with all the talent we have, and with our district being a little under this year. Our Non-district schedule has proven to be difficult, as always we want to see what we have and get battle tested before it counts. Gig 'Em- "Sky's The Limit"

robmac
09-25-2009, 02:33 PM
After seeing some of the other teams play - I have no doubt that Garland will dominate 10-5A. They will finish first. Naaman is down this year - Lakeview is Lakeview. Rowlett looks pretty bad.

The hardest game in district will be tonight against South. If they can get past them then they should win out.

owlfan 1
09-26-2009, 01:01 PM
After seeing some of the other teams play - I have no doubt that Garland will dominate 10-5A. They will finish first. Naaman is down this year - Lakeview is Lakeview. Rowlett looks pretty bad.

The hardest game in district will be tonight against South. If they can get past them then they should win out.

Naaman will be tough, too. They will probably move through district unbeaten (SG may give them a little trouble, but I doubt it). Owls final game of the year will probably be for the district title...

Not to look too far ahead, but a first round matchup with Berkner looms, this time at their stadium. They are better than they were last year. Not an easy draw. And, if we get by them, Cujo could be next...

Wypirates03
10-02-2009, 02:21 AM
For those who couldn't attend the game against Lakeview, here's the article I wrote.

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=996461

owlswinstate
10-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Naaman will be tough, too. They will probably move through district unbeaten (SG may give them a little trouble, but I doubt it). Owls final game of the year will probably be for the district title...

Not to look too far ahead, but a first round matchup with Berkner looms, this time at their stadium. They are better than they were last year. Not an easy draw. And, if we get by them, Cujo could be next...

Berkner lost its best running back to Naaman, they are not shabby, but we beat them with our receiver playing QB last year. We have a pretty stout D. We would get the exact same road we had last year if the projections hold true from this point in time.

Berkner
Tyler Lee
RR StP

owlfan 1
10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Berkner lost its best running back to Naaman, they are not shabby, but we beat them with our receiver playing QB last year. We have a pretty stout D. We would get the exact same road we had last year if the projections hold true from this point in time.

Berkner
Tyler Lee
RR StP

Berkner has fallen off a little bit since this post - still dangerous, and they would be playing at home, but I think our chances would be good. I think A&M Consol would beat Tyler Lee. I noticed that The Woodlands is undefeated, with a win over Lufkin. Could give Stony Point a pretty tough game.

Its gettin' close...

GoOwls
11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Well:

Garland was the cream of the crop, but erratic.

South was worse, better, worse, better.....:rolleyes:

North was the surprise team....kudos...:notworthy

Naaman was the disappointment.....moving Haris to QB made them too one dimensional.

Rowlett was a ship sinking fast after early hopes....they adjusted and are a pretty fair team right now.

Sachse was ultimately Sachse again.

Lakeview....see Sachse.

Summation before the playoffs:

Garland is the only team with a chance past 2 rounds.

Garland should beat Berkner, but which Garland will show up?

North is the only other team with a prayer of winning in round 1....Richardson is a possible win.....but that is the end of the road.

Skyline and Lake Highlands will dispach the other two with their reserves.

owlfan 1
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
SG may have a decent shot at beating Richardson - it should at least be a competitive game. Garland can beat Berkner, but the X factor is that they beat them last year... how interested in this game will they be? Are they looking forward to round 2? Berkner has been lookin forward to evening the score all year... heading into this game just a little worried.
North is decent, but Lake Highlands should wear them down and ultimately win going away unless they have a bunch of turnovers. The key will be whether NG can move the ball, run clock and keep up with LH.
RHS - well, congrats for getting it turned around. As a reward, here is Skyline. Have fun...

owlswinstate
11-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Good Luck Next Year!!!

owlfan 1
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Good Luck Next Year!!!

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but I think after they get their feet under them (they WILL be very young), this upcoming crop may be among the best we've seen in years...

Jared was a great QB, and he will be missed. Sorry you feel he was the most "unloved" QB ever. Great expectations are a blessing and a curse, and I cant remember a player for who expectations were greater than JB. The Criticism and scrutiny can sometimes be harsh, and much of what has been said was probably unfair, but it will only increase as he moves to the next level. I believe his experience here will help him greatly at I State. Best wishes to you, and to JB. We will be watching and hoping for great things!