PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake looks for real ???

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Hello,

After losing to Aldine in the opener and then hosting the Woodlands on Saturday what can we expect from Clear Lake?

Since they lost by only 8 points to The Woodlands it seems clear that they should be ranked higher than they are. Is this true?

I would guess they used the veer and jogged down the field for every score behind a large line but seems to me they would have been beaten by more unless they are a really really really good team???

Gator4ever

txhsfootballfan
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, it could be one of two things: either Clear Lake is getting better or the Woodlands is regarded too highly because of their win over Katy. You would have to decide which camp you are in.

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I saw them play three times last year and they had a great defense and a great veer type offense. I saw them lose to Pearland and everyone knew after they had a 28-14 lead that they were the best team.

I'm almost certain that they are the type of place that produces great athletes due to numbers of school population as well as organization in sports fields. My un-certain mindset is when and how they will do after the playoffs begin. They will be in Division one and they will run the clock on a lot of teams.

My real question for anyone who has seen them play this year is what exactly are they doing with the offense that they (SEEM) to be doing that is different from last year???

Gator4ever

mossad
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
hey gator, Like i said, that flexbone is like pressing the "easy button" Its all smoke and mirrors and less execution. Defenses have to sit back and read, there is no passing, the clock is always running, and when no mistakes are made they will win or come close to it. Clear Lake does not have superb athletes and they hung in their with Woodlands, anytime smoke and mirrors are involved its hard to defend, its like running the wildcat formation, smoke and mirrors, gator me and you know clear lake is no slouch and running flexbone is dangerous, could u imagine Dickinson running wishbone with the team we had last year? Clear lakes qb last year and this year are quick, but not as fast or quick as ours. All you can do against that formation is contain it because you cant stop it, eventually its going to bust out. I Was really thinking Clear Lake was going to win lol

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Okay thanks Mossad. I guess it's gonna be just like last year then except we will put the speed on them rather than what we laid down last year.

I'm interested to see how they play out of town games cause last year they had trouble due to them always playing in the home stadium 6-7 times per year.

Gator4ever

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Clear Lake had the chance to win against The Woodlands, they had the ball inside there 10yd line 3 times and came away with only 2 FG's and a blocked FG...Clear Lake's defense is just really young and gave up the big plays to The Woodlands.

Clear Lake has a good squad maybe not as strong on defense because of the lack of experience as last year but there deffeniatly a playoff team.

Lake's home opening loss to Aldine was a let down to me considering the beat down they put on them last year but we had 5 fumbles in the opening game, Aldine seems to have a good team this year though being 2-1 losing there only game to a good Klien Forest team that is 3-0

Houston Cougar
09-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Clear Lake has a very good offense and a not so good defense. I made it down to the game and clearly The Woodlands had superior athletes. Every time TW got the ball they dominated CL. CL could not handle the offensive line of TW. CL's offense was fun to watch, they controlled the ball and clock. TW needs to find a defense or they will not last long in the playoffs.

teXan
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Clear Lake had the chance to win against The Woodlands, they had the ball inside there 10yd line 3 times and came away with only 2 FG's and a blocked FG...Clear Lake's defense is just really young and gave up the big plays to The Woodlands.

Clear Lake has a good squad maybe not as strong on defense because of the lack of experience as last year but there deffeniatly a playoff team.

Lake's home opening loss to Aldine was a let down to me considering the beat down they put on them last year but we had 5 fumbles in the opening game, Aldine seems to have a good team this year though being 2-1 losing there only game to a good Klien Forest team that is 3-0

I respect and appreciate everything you said...execpt your first sentence. :)

Gator4ever
09-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Touted and scouted and picked to have a great defense this year by many if not all publications etc...That's why I started this thread because it's the direct opposite of predictions even here on this web site (no offense).
The first game with Aldine had my radar up and by the week one game I figured they were good at offense and weaker on defense. After the Woodlands game I can see the same offense as last year and maybe better. I would have never predicted this and I'm not alone except for Mossad who did predict this on the Gator thread.

Gator4ever

mossad
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Touted and scouted and picked to have a great defense this year by many if not all publications etc...That's why I started this thread because it's the direct opposite of predictions even here on this web site (no offense).
The first game with Aldine had my radar up and by the week one game I figured they were good at offense and weaker on defense. After the Woodlands game I can see the same offense as last year and maybe better. I would have never predicted this and I'm not alone except for Mossad who did predict this on the Gator thread.

Gator4ever

I HATE THE VEER!!!!!!:Censor: its like watching a boxing match and all they do is throw jabs and see who wins the decision!! LOL

Gator4ever
09-15-2009, 12:10 AM
One thing they do well is they play better teams than we do in pre-district. I do believe it's time we got around to playing 5A teams rather than old towns we used to coach in or familar places and such thangs. Coach needs to figure on maybe taking on a North Shore or a Woodlands in pre-district so we can see exactly how good we are instead of rolling around in district 24-5A last year wondering what was coming next.

Gator4ever

aldenbridge
09-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I thought Clear Lake was very impressive:notworthy If the defense gets better, they could make some noise in the playoffs:eek:

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought Clear Lake was very impressive:notworthy If the defense gets better, they could make some noise in the playoffs:eek:

The defense is very young, hopefully after pre district and the bye week before disrict starts they mature and learn there roles and positions more for district and be ready for the playoffs. If the defense matures enough I can see lake going a couple rounds deep into the playoffs!

Gator4ever
09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Hmmm.,

Last year was a great team and they should have gone three deep (playoffs) but probably four deep . Pearland went another round and Lake would have done that most likely. The great kicking team was the freak moment of 2008 and really sorry to see that.

Gator4ever