PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite Horn Beats Wylie

wolfpack4life
09-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Not really surprised. Horn has came up

SLC
09-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Not really surprised. Horn has came up

I'm absolutely estatic about what Horn is doing. Rodney Webb is a great coach and with kids like Miller, Glasco, Brewster, Henry, Tyler and Boyd they should do some great things this season.

Kudos to the Jaguars.

ROD LEE
09-12-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm absolutely estatic about what Horn is doing. Rodney Webb is a great coach and with kids like Miller, Glasco, Brewster, Henry, Tyler and Boyd they should do some great things this season.

Kudos to the Jaguars.He is a good back.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-12-2009, 01:50 AM
First, it was Lake Highlands last week and this week, they knock off Wylie.

Sounds like the Jaguars are trying to send a message and, by winning against LH and Wylie, I'm quite sure that they've gotten that message across.

11-5A is going to be hell!

ROD LEE
09-12-2009, 02:03 AM
First, it was Lake Highlands last week and this week, they knock off Wylie.

Sounds like the Jaguars are trying to send a message and, by winning against LH and Wylie, I'm quite sure that they've gotten that message across.

11-5A is going to be hell!There are 4 playoff spots and Horn has one for sure the remaining three will have to be fought over between the 5 remaining teams. Horn pushed DeSoto last year in a close win for DeSoto so I wouldn't count them out of the district title race. We burned Horn pretty bad the first district game which may come back to bite us this year. If my guess is right Horn could finish no lower than second. North is also starting to make some noise as a contender by spanking DVille. TyLee will get it together and make a push for a spot, they have the coaching advantage. There will be a pretty good team left out this year, ala Mesquite last year.

LH fan
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Horn is legit! I love Emory Miller.

wolfpack4life
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
There are 4 playoff spots and Horn has one for sure the remaining three will have to be fought over between the 5 remaining teams. Horn pushed DeSoto last year in a close win for DeSoto so I wouldn't count them out of the district title race. We burned Horn pretty bad the first district game which may come back to bite us this year. If my guess is right Horn could finish no lower than second. North is also starting to make some noise as a contender by spanking DVille. TyLee will get it together and make a push for a spot, they have the coaching advantage. There will be a pretty good team left out this year, ala Mesquite last year.
Im picking Horn, JT, Desoto, and North Mesquite to have those four spots

SLC
09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Horn is legit! I love Emory Miller.

The kid is indeed sick, but Webb is going to need to have some others step up huge as the season progresses, he cant be 85% of the offense and expect to go ddep in the plaoffs, teams will start keying on him eventually. they've got the kids there to make it happen and I know Webb and his staff will find them a real player at the RB spot as it goes along.

PirateParent2011
09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats to Horn on the win last night. Mr. Miller and crew are the real deal.

Wylie on the other hand...committed too many turnovers and penalties in the second half. They gave the game away in the second half, IMO.

slcdragonfan
09-13-2009, 12:20 AM
What's going on in Wylie?

SLC
09-13-2009, 12:26 AM
What's going on in Wylie?

I think the losses in manpower greatly affected that team. It's not easy replacing a Jerod Monk or Nikita Whitlock, who were not only studs, but they were huge leaders as well.

That and Wylie is facing some very good teams as well, with Horn being the best of that bunch.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
There are 4 playoff spots and Horn has one for sure the remaining three will have to be fought over between the 5 remaining teams. Horn pushed DeSoto last year in a close win for DeSoto so I wouldn't count them out of the district title race. We burned Horn pretty bad the first district game which may come back to bite us this year. If my guess is right Horn could finish no lower than second. North is also starting to make some noise as a contender by spanking DVille. TyLee will get it together and make a push for a spot, they have the coaching advantage. There will be a pretty good team left out this year, ala Mesquite last year.

And, that's exactly why I said that 11-5A is going to be hell. Mike Robinson is starting to turn the corner with his squad at North Mesquite. I still wonder what would've been, had his Wilmer-Hutchins team not had their season cut short before it even started.

This district will be fun to watch, when the time comes for y'all to start playing each other.

SLC
09-13-2009, 12:31 AM
And, that's exactly why I said that 11-5A is going to be hell. Mike Robinson is starting to turn the corner with his squad at North Mesquite. I still wonder what would've been, had his Wilmer-Hutchins team not had their season cut short before it even started.

This district will be fun to watch, when the time comes for y'all to start playing each other.

Its my pick as the beat down district...Those teams are going to pound on each other week after week, alot like the SEC does, there are not going to be any gimmes at all.

HacksawJimDuggan
09-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Anyone on this thread or that believes "HORN already has a playoff spot wrapped up" is idiotic. They are greatly improved but their district has some heavyweights. Let's wait and make those kind of statements in a few weeks.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Its my pick as the beat down district...Those teams are going to pound on each other week after week, alot like the SEC does, there are not going to be any gimmes at all.

Well said!

ROD LEE
09-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Anyone on this thread or that believes "HORN already has a playoff spot wrapped up" is idiotic. They are greatly improved but their district has some heavyweights. Let's wait and make those kind of statements in a few weeks.Yeah, I heard about 11-5A too and I understand your position.

BIG RED
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Way to go Horn!

And to AHMO Nation: :rolleyes:

HebronHawk
09-13-2009, 08:13 AM
I think the losses in manpower greatly affected that team. It's not easy replacing a Jerod Monk or Nikita Whitlock, who were not only studs, but they were huge leaders as well.

That and Wylie is facing some very good teams as well, with Horn being the best of that bunch.

You would rather face Hebron than Horn, it sounds like. ;)

SLC
09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
You would rather face Hebron than Horn, it sounds like. ;)

I think your reading to deep into that remark being Horn is the best team Wylie has faced.

I'm not worried about any team Carroll faces, and when you look at what Carroll is doing, it's easy to understand why.

sdscove
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Horn impressed me last year when they played Cove in the first round. Their offense is tough to defend. Nothing but curls and out patterns with a quick delivery to the receivers - at least last year. It takes awesome corners to stop them.

PirateParent2011
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM

This!

You nailed one of the issues SLC. No one has really stepped up to become the leaders of this year’s team. The chemistry and leadership that was so evident last year is lacking so far this season...some seniors need to step up and put this team on their back.

WylieCowboy
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Congrats to Horn on the win last night. Mr. Miller and crew are the real deal.

Wylie on the other hand...committed too many turnovers and penalties in the second half. They gave the game away in the second half, IMO.
It seems that the coaches have forgotten to teach the fundamentals. Too many mistakes and it looked like there was little or no discipline on the part of players or coaches. IMO.

PirateParent2011
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
It seems that the coaches have forgotten to teach the fundamentals. Too many mistakes and it looked like there was little or no discipline on the part of players or coaches. IMO.

Totally agree with you Cowboy.

WylieCowboy
09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Totally agree with you Cowboy.
If they don't get it all figured out it's going to be a long "short" season ending at pirate stadium :(