PDA

View Full Version : La Marque vs North Shore

Squirrel88
09-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Does anyone think that La Marque stands a chance?

Gator4ever
09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes,

They just need to be the best team in the stadium on that day right???

The Cougars of LaMarque will put the best foot forward and not back down. I personally think they will lose by a score of 38-12 or something like that. I've seen them play too many times to not expect them to have a few players doing great things. If they won it would be a 23-22 score or something but the players going into the game believe they will win and that's what you want your team to think.

Gator4ever

C4L
09-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Does anyone think that La Marque stands a chance?

Not really... they're not going to back down, but with LM starting 10 sophomores, I fully expect North Shore to punk the Coogahs. While they have a lot more athleticism than they had last year, they're still a year away from making a significant playoff run in 4A.

Here's a link to the highlights from the game against the Torz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXrH4HXv34&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2120&feature=player_embedded

Pearland Longhorn
09-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Go Coogs :eek:

ThEgReAtOnE
09-12-2009, 09:19 AM
No! This may get ugly, if La Marque can't get their offense going against a tough, speedy NS defense. With LM being as young as they are, you could see a score of 49-7 or 35-6. I expect something like the Westfield/West Brook game, last night... w/ LM not scoring more than 14 pts. If Katy couldn't, La Marque certainly wont!

t00 playa
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Go Coogs :eek:

poor pearland... is this what its come to these days?

well this is your post for this week...

then im sure you will have your anti shore post in the southlake/NS threads...

its cool though... even though we are supposedly fielding one of our worst teams along with pearland...i would disagree..i think NS and pearland are just fine.... :eek:

NSMustangProud
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
poor pearland... is this what its come to these days?

well this is your post for this week...

then im sure you will have your anti shore post in the southlake/NS threads...

its cool though... even though we are supposedly fielding one of our worst teams along with pearland...i would disagree..i think NS and pearland are just fine.... :eek:

Breathe in......breathe out....!

ruffshod
09-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Breathe in......breathe out....!

:laugh:laugh:laugh

NSMustangProud
09-12-2009, 05:24 PM
:laugh:laugh:laugh

Well I had an entire paragraph posted and went back and deleted it.....I made a committment to myself to block and ignore!

Mr. Rod
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk391/patrickrodriguez86/LAMARQE.png

NSMustangProud
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk391/patrickrodriguez86/LAMARQE.png

Another nice one....thanks for the wonderful graphics H!

Mr. Rod
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Another nice one....thanks for the wonderful graphics H!

All hail Microsoft Windows Paint. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Squirrel88
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I have a question for everyone, what is the best way to Etheredge Stadium (La Marque Stadium) on a Friday night? :confused::confused::confused:

I-45, Hwy 3 or 146?

NSMustangProud
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I have a question for everyone, what is the best way to Etheredge Stadium (La Marque Stadium) on a Friday night? :confused::confused::confused:

I-45, Hwy 3 or 146?

We always traveled 146 when going to LaPorte games....made it quick and there was never much traffic....usually a small amount going through Kemah!

mossad
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
you know how North shore is fast? Well La marque is very very fast. They dont care about other schools traditions or state championships, they are cocky even when they lose. They will play hard. This is the La Marque we know. By far this team is nothing like La marques past teams but......their La Marque WOOOOOOSH lol

ruffshod
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM

I-45, Hwy 3 or 146?

All would be about the same considering the time of day you'd be traveling. Traffic lights on 3 & 146, bumper to bumper on 45. Pick your poison.

t00 playa
09-12-2009, 11:12 PM
you know how North shore is fast? Well La marque is very very fast. They dont care about other schools traditions or state championships, they are cocky even when they lose. They will play hard. This is the La Marque we know. By far this team is nothing like La marques past teams but......their La Marque WOOOOOOSH lol

are they dickinson fast??? lol... well i guess we will see... looking forward to the game... la marque is a very good program.... with good athletes....

is the field grass or astroplay?:eek:

t00 playa
09-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Not really... they're not going to back down, but with LM starting 10 sophomores, I fully expect North Shore to punk the Coogahs. While they have a lot more athleticism than they had last year, they're still a year away from making a significant playoff run in 4A.

Here's a link to the highlights from the game against the Torz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXrH4HXv34&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2120&feature=player_embedded

that video is not there anymore.... well good to see you posting c4l... give us some more insight as to what kind of team they have this year...:eek:

Squirrel88
09-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I believe its grass.

Pearland Longhorn
09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
I can't pull for LM without it being anti-NS? I've always been a coog fan. I can remember going to LM games in the Dome back in the early 90's as a young kid.

I expect NS to win but I'm going to pull for the coogs.

It's amazing how such a simple post got such an overreaction. The only people that should be taking HS football that serious are the kids playing and MAYBE the parents of said kids.

I will say that the players for La Marque truly expect to win this game. They have mastered the intimidation factor. I think that really says something when you consider that North Shore has roughly 5 times as many students...

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 12:19 AM
They may be faster than Dickinson actually.

If you travel to LaMarque I'd suggest 45 because you get a line to the stadium. Just go like your heading to the dog track and it's easier.

Gator4ever

mossad
09-13-2009, 12:21 AM
are they dickinson fast??? lol... well i guess we will see... looking forward to the game... la marque is a very good program.... with good athletes....

is the field grass or astroplay?:eek:

heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWBMiL94F8

lol they are country fast, you will be playing on a old school field on natural grass

Gator_Girl
09-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I am a Coogah grad......I gotta pull for them.
Gators are off this week so me and the fam will be there.

La Marque is young this year. They are starting either 9 or 10 sophomores. I still think they will give NS a good game.

Maybe this year is the beginning of something good for LM. Gosh knows they went straight down after Erwin left them.

Squirrel88
09-13-2009, 12:58 AM
heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWBMiL94F8

lol they are country fast, you will be playing on a old school field on natural grass

Ball's defense is atrocious. La Marque should expect to see a very fast & strong defense on Friday

C4L
09-13-2009, 01:12 AM

I-45, Hwy 3 or 146?

Take I-45 south and get off on the FM-519 exit. Stay in the left lane and take a left at the light, go under the overpass, and veer right onto FM-519/Main Street. Take a left at the first light (Bayou Road). Go down Bayou and take a right on Magnolia (first street past the Administration Building). You can either park in the lot on the north side of the Administration Building, or go down all of th way down Magnolia and park in the east side lot. (North Shore will be sitting on the east/press box side of the stadium.)

C4L
09-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Ball's defense is atrocious. La Marque should expect to see a very fast & strong defense on Friday

The Baby Coogahs know who they're playing...

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-13-2009, 01:17 AM
The Baby Coogahs know who they're playing...

C4L,

good to see that you've joined us over here! As I said the last time you were here, welcome!:D

C4L
09-13-2009, 01:36 AM
C4L,

good to see that you've joined us over here! As I said the last time you were here, welcome!:D

Thanks dude...

cougmantx
09-13-2009, 03:16 AM
I'd say La Marque's chances where something like a snow ball in August in Texas...none!

SLC
09-13-2009, 03:16 AM
La Marque may not be what they were in years past, but it is a program that should never, ever be overlooked. They are starting off great and have young talent to boot. My Jackets were beaten something fearce back in the late 90's by some very tough Coug teams, 3 of the best teams in Denison's history went down to La Marque. Be prepared to play for 4 qtrs, 48 minutes...because they will be.

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I can't pull for LM without it being anti-NS? I've always been a coog fan. I can remember going to LM games in the Dome back in the early 90's as a young kid.

I expect NS to win but I'm going to pull for the coogs.

It's amazing how such a simple post got such an overreaction. The only people that should be taking HS football that serious are the kids playing and MAYBE the parents of said kids.

I will say that the players for La Marque truly expect to win this game. They have mastered the intimidation factor. I think that really says something when you consider that North Shore has roughly 5 times as many students...

overreaction? ha! my post took all of 5 seconds and no more... things are good over here in north shore... so why would I overreact to pearland fan? ... nice attempt to play that card though.... oops... another 5 second post....:eek:

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 09:15 AM
La Marque may not be what they were in years past, but it is a program that should never, ever be overlooked. They are starting off great and have young talent to boot. My Jackets were beaten something fearce back in the late 90's by some very tough Coug teams, 3 of the best teams in Denison's history went down to La Marque. Be prepared to play for 4 qtrs, 48 minutes...because they will be.

Anytime you play a good program they will give you a good game...and when that happens.... anything can happen... NS has to go out and play the game.... they arent worried about intimidating anyone..... the defense will keep this game close... and the offense will close it out....I am fully expecting a good competitive game:eek:

ruffshod
09-13-2009, 10:26 AM
LM is definitely a dangerous team no matter the opponent. Erwin leaving has had an effect on the proram, but they could use that as motivation to put it all together against a team which they were once their equal. Lookout.

Pearland Longhorn
09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
overreaction? ha! my post took all of 5 seconds and no more... things are good over here in north shore... so why would I overreact to pearland fan? ... nice attempt to play that card though.... oops... another 5 second post....:eek:

ANY reaction to my first post would have been an overreaction. It was a baseless statement that meant nothing yet you and Miss Passive Aggressive had to say something. I'm 21 years old, chalk anything I say up to youth. Sadly I don't think a lot of the prevalent NS posters can say the same...

Pearland Longhorn
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
No! This may get ugly, if La Marque can't get their offense going against a tough, speedy NS defense. With LM being as young as they are, you could see a score of 49-7 or 35-6. I expect something like the Westfield/West Brook game, last night... w/ LM not scoring more than 14 pts. If Katy couldn't, La Marque certainly wont!

You really nailed that Clear Lake-Woodz prediction :p

lil_cb_05
09-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Watched the video and they are pretty fast but I don't think its going to give NS a problem because we're fast too. I'm predicting a good game the first couple of quarters and from there on we should run them off the field. Galveston Ball couldn't tackle worth hell but I guess you can't tackle what you can't catch. :D

Mr. Rod
09-13-2009, 12:39 PM
ANY reaction to my first post would have been an overreaction. It was a baseless statement that meant nothing yet you and Miss Passive Aggressive had to say something. I'm 21 years old, chalk anything I say up to youth. Sadly I don't think a lot of the prevalent NS posters can say the same...

I don't spend a lot of time on this site anymore and don't really feel like changing that so I'll keep it short and sweet.

Thought you didn't spend a lot of time on here. Im 22 yrs old, and I have yet to have anyone tell me Im wrong or disagree with me because of my age. I think it's something else on your part. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about you rooting for La Marque, frankly I don't care, but why throw a hissy fit over a sentence, sweet heart?

Pearland Longhorn
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Thought you didn't spend a lot of time on here. Im 22 yrs old, and I have yet to have anyone tell me Im wrong or disagree with me because of my age. I think it's something else on your part. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about you rooting for La Marque, frankly I don't care, but why throw a hissy fit over a sentence, sweet heart?

Who told me I was wrong about something? Reading comprehension...

My point was that grown adults that are FAR removed from HS should not be getting all testy over something on a HS oriented website.

By simply saying "Go Coogs" I was able to crawl under their skin. It was not my intention.

Mr. Rod
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
My point was that grown adults that are FAR removed from HS should not be getting all testy over something on a HS oriented website.

Since when does being a high school football fan have age limits? Are you saying once you graduate, that's it? Pack it up and find another team to support. I've been a NS fan since I was 6 and plan on supporting the team and COMMUNITY until I can't no more. Should people do the same with College teams? Search for something else to say. But if you don't like what this site supports or the fans on it, WHY COME BACK?

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Last year the cougars were bad and every week they believed they would win. They never stopped believing in themselves due to this new coach. I talked every week with a linebacker from LaMarque and his pride effect from defeat meant they would try harder and be meaner the next game. He is a staring line backer this year and his spirit is high. He will laugh at these predictions as will the team. They are Cougars and I cannot argue with that "Spirit".

Gator4ever

Mr. Rod
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Last year the cougars were bad and every week they believed they would win. They never stopped believing in themselves due to this new coach. I talked every week with a linebacker from LaMarque and his pride effect from defeat meant they would try harder and be meaner the next game. He is a staring line backer this year and his spirit is high. He will laugh at these predictions as will the team. They are Cougars and I cannot argue with that "Spirit".

Gator4ever

No doubt. Every team that steps on to a football field should have that attitude.

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 01:42 PM

It must be your infatuation with the shore lol. It's all good, I don't mind you being in threads involving the shore more than threads in olving pearland. And who cares about age on these boards. YOu are 21 and im 51 So carry on lol.....and who cares about the rest of ns fans. I mean I'm still a pearland fan regardless of you because you aren't a big deal so what's your point? Actually just giving you a hard time is entertaining....good luck to pearland this year....no joke.. maybe we will see you in the playoffs again....

Anyway.back on topic .....:eek:

lil_cb_05
09-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Gator4ever

Its the Cougars job to prove "these predictions" wrong. Predictions have no effect on the game whatsoever.

lil_cb_05
09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
No doubt. Every team that steps on to a football field should have that attitude.

Your post count is 713, how ironic.

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Exactly. I k ow la marque is not scared of shore or intimidated and vice versa. :eek:

Gator4ever
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Imagine growing up as a winner for like 17 years straight and then go 3-6. You might expect people to freak out or whatever....No..The Cougars players and fans made no excuses....They actually told me to my face in a kind way that every team had to have a bad year and that type of attitude. I never heard them talk trash and complain. This in itself is a great attitude when you consider the great teams they have fielded in the past.

Gator4ever

cmore
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM

You are so right. The teams that the Coogs have beaten (Waller&Ball) are 0-5. The Coogs are still young but they are in a district isn't that strong this yr. Now only Angleton seems to be the team to beat. The Coogs haven't faced any defenses as of yet. This game will tell a lot about how they will fair when they get into ditrict.

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
NS should have the advantage as far as competition played.... but you never can count la marque out... if they stay in the game...and keep it close .... it could be a long night for the mustangs.... i have not seen any video of la marque ..... :eek:

C4L
09-13-2009, 02:26 PM
You are so right. The teams that the Coogs have beaten (Waller&Ball) are 0-5. The Coogs are still young but they are in a district isn't that strong this yr. Now only Angleton seems to be the team to beat. The Coogs haven't faced any defenses as of yet. This game will tell a lot about how they will fair when they get into ditrict.

I think if they stay within 35-40 and don't suffer any injuries, they'll be in the playoff hunt.

C4L
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
NS should have the advantage as far as competition played.... but you never can count la marque out... if they stay in the game...and keep it close .... it could be a long night for the mustangs.... i have not seen any video of la marque ..... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw8mIgJ0ie0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2097&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWBMiL94F8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2134&feature=player_embedded

NSMustangProud
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
It must be your infatuation with the shore lol. It's all good, I don't mind you being in threads involving the shore more than threads in olving pearland. And who cares about age on these boards. YOu are 21 and im 51 So carry on lol.....and who cares about the rest of ns fans. I mean I'm still a pearland fan regardless of you because you aren't a big deal so what's your point? Actually just giving you a hard time is entertaining....good luck to pearland this year....no joke.. maybe we will see you in the playoffs again....

Anyway.back on topic .....:eek:

Dang too.....I didn't know you had one year up on me :)

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks dude...

No problem! I'll be keeping an eye on the young Cougs over the next 2 or 3 years.

I'm not counting them out of this year either!

mossad
09-13-2009, 04:54 PM

Oh everyone knows ball wasnt good period. These guys will be cocky after a butt whooping. These are rebuilding years for La MArque, the team you will be seeing friday is in a rebuilding stage. I expect NS to manhandle them, THEY BETTER MANHANDLE THEM lol because they are 70% Sophmores. Dickinson Whooped La MArque 44 to 21 and La Marque walked off the field as if was a big fluke. Good luck to both sides, oh yeah dont expect to be wowed by their stadium, its probably going to be slippery and, the seats are uncomfortable and the parking is horrible but it will be a show lol, I expect to see some scuffles to because they love the intimidation factor no matter who you are or wut you are ranked

Allstarkaw
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Murder. These Types of Matchups Should be Illegal.

NSMustangProud
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Since when does being a high school football fan have age limits? Are you saying once you graduate, that's it? Pack it up and find another team to support. I've been a NS fan since I was 6 and plan on supporting the team and COMMUNITY until I can't no more. Should people do the same with College teams? Search for something else to say. But if you don't like what this site supports or the fans on it, WHY COME BACK?

You are so right H.....age has no limit on being a HS football fan.....my daddy is 75 and very stricken with Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Disease....we are having to place him into a nursing home in several weeks. This is the first season I can't take him to a NS game in many a year!

I've been driving him to games for the last several years and walking him up the bleachers slowly step by step until I getting him comfortably seated....he never asked for much besides a diet coke and a program so he could see the his Mustang roster. He was like a little boy with candy when I'd hand him that program and roster. He'd look at it for hours.

Even though he is very ill, he sat in his recliner the other night and watched every single play of the NS/Katy game...didn't say much the entire game, but his eyes lit up and he got so excited when Denby ran that kickoff all the way back!

You are right.....alumni doesn't stop at 21....and my dad didn't even graduate from NS....he is a graduate of Galena Park!

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw8mIgJ0ie0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2097&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWBMiL94F8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoogsports%2Enet%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2134&feature=player_embedded

that #7 wide out is FAST!:eek:

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I think if they stay within 35-40 and don't suffer any injuries, they'll be in the playoff hunt.

Im thinking... 31-14:eek:

Pearland Longhorn
09-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll probably go to the game. I expect a NS win and I expect a bit of a spectacle. LM and NS are very entertaining games. I've been looking forward to this one ever since it was announced over a year ago.

The atmosphere could get very electric if LM keeps it close for a couple quarters...

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Go coogs! Watch out for the coogah nation!

C4L
09-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Im thinking... 31-14:eek:

I'd settle for that, playa...

Mean DT
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
does anyone think that la marque stands a chance?no!:d

mossad
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
that #7 wide out is FAST!:eek:

lol if you think hes fast check out the game they had last year against texas city....fast forward to about 5:30 and watch the wheels on that kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Gj54BHVcE

t00 playa
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
lol if you think hes fast check out the game they had last year against texas city....fast forward to about 5:30 and watch the wheels on that kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Gj54BHVcE

im impressed.:eek:

Mr. Rod
09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Your post count is 713, how ironic.

Cool Beans, that's awesome.

mossad
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
im impressed.:eek:

they lost that game but La Marque has some speed, did you see the qb for texas city, he has some wheels also, I know North Shore is fast too, i have seen them on multiple occasions. La MArque isnt that big up front, they are just quick and very active. Northshore 35 La marque as much as i like u guys i think you might put up 10 to 13

Mr. Rod
09-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Dang too.....I didn't know you had one year up on me :)

Could I get you guys anything? Maybe some rice pudding? Perhaps you would like for me to tuck a blanket under your legs while you watch and scream at Columbo on the television set? :p

C4L
09-13-2009, 11:08 PM
they lost that game but La Marque has some speed, did you see the qb for texas city, he has some wheels also, I know North Shore is fast too, i have seen them on multiple occasions. La MArque isnt that big up front, they are just quick and very active. Northshore 35 La marque as much as i like u guys i think you might put up 10 to 13

Coogahs do have a couple of DT's (Anthony Wright and Elijah Pleasant) whose motors never stop running...

mossad
09-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Coogahs do have a couple of DT's (Anthony Wright and Elijah Pleasant) whose motors never stop running...

shhhh dont givem too much lol

NSMustangProud
09-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Could I get you guys anything? Maybe some rice pudding? Perhaps you would like for me to tuck a blanket under your legs while you watch and scream at Columbo on the television set? :p

Get us a nice greasy ole' frito pie at the concession with a large coke to wash it down, a set of binoculars so we can see with our ailing vision, and a cushion for our frail ole' bones and we will be fine......because we aren't leaving these boards or leaving the stands no matter how old we get....God willing!

Mr. Rod
09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Get us a nice greasy ole' frito pie at the concession with a large coke to wash it down, a set of binoculars so we can see with our ailing vision, and a cushion for our frail ole' bones and we will be fine......because we aren't leaving these boards or leaving the stands no matter how old we get....God willing!

Should I pack the wheel chair or maybe the roller blades in case your feeling a lil' bit spicy? :D But really, that's the spirit a true fan should have.

Big Daddy Cool
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Lamarque definitely has a chance in this one as any team that takes the field does, Do I think they will win the game come on what kind of fan would I be if I said yes. If they can stay close and limit their mistakes I think they may be able to give us a run for our money. I think the biggest factor is going to be do they have the horses to run with us for four quarters. That is where North Shore has beaten a many a teams in that they don't really tire out and when they do go into the second and third string those guys aren't much slower than the first stringers are.

Dynastybegan86
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I do not think Northshore will lose this one, but if there heads are looking North and not on the South opponent, it could be closer than one might think!

NS by +17

ruffshod
09-16-2009, 05:16 PM
I do not think Northshore will lose this one, but if there heads are looking North and not on the South opponent, it could be closer than one might think!

NS by +17

good point!

t00 playa
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
The information that i have gotten the past two days has been that La marque has very good speed at the skill positions.... wr... and QB... qb from what i hear is very athletic.... I think NS will be a challenge for la marque in the physical play as well as the physical size.... especially for 4 quarters.... la marque also has a good pair of D lineman that were mentioned as well as wr that run north instead of short slants...because use of speed.... i am expecting a good game from la marque.. we all know they can play the game.... im glad these two are facing each other....:eek:

mossad
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
its like this, yall are playing a young rebuilding la Marque team. They are fast and have some size on the d line. The sidelines will look very scrappy because the numbers are low. They have speed all over the field and more than likely will be the fastest team yall play all year. If you guys control the trenches very early....then you guys have this game 20 to 30 plus, if you guys start off slow and turnover the ball, la Marque is notorious for capitalizing on turnovers, returned int's and fumbles. Just play physical football in the trenches and the game will be a breeze. This is a good la marque team, but not very good, good luck guys!

t00 playa
09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
its like this, yall are playing a young rebuilding la Marque team. They are fast and have some size on the d line. The sidelines will look very scrappy because the numbers are low. They have speed all over the field and more than likely will be the fastest team yall play all year. If you guys control the trenches very early....then you guys have this game 20 to 30 plus, if you guys start off slow and turnover the ball, la Marque is notorious for capitalizing on turnovers, returned int's and fumbles. Just play physical football in the trenches and the game will be a breeze. This is a good la marque team, but not very good, good luck guys!

and NS is no stranger to turnovers...unfortunately. :eek:

Pearland Longhorn
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
One thing about La Marque is that they never hesitate to throw the deep ball. Even if their passing game is otherwise poor, they'll chunk it deep once or twice a game...

mossad
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
My good friend gator girl told me la marque will be tarting 10 sophomores

2ManyExperts
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I've seen many LM games in my lifetime, the one thing they deal with is adversity. NS has all the reasons to win big. Rebuilding year for LM, playing with 10 sophs. they also possess like 5 state titles, so expect a good fight from them. NS 35 LM 17. See you there...

Gator4ever
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
My guess is either 38-16 Mustangs or 25-23 Cougars but the Cougar part is with an almost perfect game and game plan.

Gator4ever

mossad
09-17-2009, 08:56 AM
gator do you remember those games where it seems like La Marque would pull people out of the stands to play running back and they would just burn us. I mean they used to have running back for days. I always said before their was reggie bush there was Derrick Foster. Before Darren Sproles it was Dwayne Goins lol. I know they are stacked at running back, lereco Williams and Tim Wright. Tim as a freshman had 1200 or 1300 yards as a freshman, just imagine what hes going to do in he coming years? But sadly this will be the toughest defense he and his other team mates have faced since coming to the High School, I would be surprised if they won, I wouldnt be surprised if the score is lopsided

mossad
09-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Gator do you remember those games where it seemed like La Marque pulled people out of the stands and sideline at running back and they would torch us? lol I always said before there was Reggie bush there was Derrick Foster and before there was Darren Sproles there was Dwayne Goins. They are still deep at running back with LeReco Williams and Timothy Wright. Timothy had 1200 or 1300 yards as a freshman, can u imagine what he will have in the coming years? I would be surprised if la Marque won and I wouldnt be surprised if they won. But lets face it, this will be the best defense this young la marque team has faced since coming to the high school. This will be a interesting game to watch.

Gator4ever
09-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Mossad,

I remember all the time wondering if we could hold that speed down for two quarters...lol.

When I was 12 or 13 we had LaMarque come to Dickinson to play and me and some friends came up close to the team during warm-ups..lol. We trash talked them so bad they wanted to kick our azzes..lol. We even trash talked the coach about how "this is our house"..lol. We held them for a half and then they blew us up..lol.

Yea they can start fast or start slow but no matter what happens they come up with the speed.

Trahan jumped on them the first or second year here and he took the lead and it looked good but after the game it was 48-13 and they held the score down..lol. Funny thing is they usually held the score down on us because we have some type of relationship that includes part of the teams they had were our Dickinson residents..lol.

Gator4ever

mossad
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Mossad,

I remember all the time wondering if we could hold that speed down for two quarters...lol.

When I was 12 or 13 we had LaMarque come to Dickinson to play and me and some friends came up close to the team during warm-ups..lol. We trash talked them so bad they wanted to kick our azzes..lol. We even trash talked the coach about how "this is our house"..lol. We held them for a half and then they blew us up..lol.

Yea they can start fast or start slow but no matter what happens they come up with the speed.

Trahan jumped on them the first or second year here and he took the lead and it looked good but after the game it was 48-13 and they held the score down..lol. Funny thing is they usually held the score down on us because we have some type of relationship that includes part of the teams they had were our Dickinson residents..lol.

Gator4ever

Lol i remember those days, their band was huge back then, playing the latest songs, they would march in and literally take overthe field, make our stadium their stadium. The program has not been the same since 2006, but with this class they have now they will look like the teams from back then in the next year or so

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
gator do you remember those games where it seems like La Marque would pull people out of the stands to play running back and they would just burn us. I mean they used to have running back for days. I always said before their was reggie bush there was Derrick Foster. Before Darren Sproles it was Dwayne Goins lol. I know they are stacked at running back, lereco Williams and Tim Wright. Tim as a freshman had 1200 or 1300 yards as a freshman, just imagine what hes going to do in he coming years? But sadly this will be the toughest defense he and his other team mates have faced since coming to the High School, I would be surprised if they won, I wouldnt be surprised if the score is lopsided

Derrick foster was one of the best backs i have seen ever at the HS level...:eek:

mossad
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Derrick Foster would turn the corner and it looked unreal, i havent seen any running back besides Dickinsons Danny Taylor who even closely resembled his acceleration and speed. He was so fast

C4L
09-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Gator do you remember those games where it seemed like La Marque pulled people out of the stands and sideline at running back and they would torch us? lol I always said before there was Reggie bush there was Derrick Foster and before there was Darren Sproles there was Dwayne Goins. They are still deep at running back with LeReco Williams and Timothy Wright. Timothy had 1200 or 1300 yards as a freshman, can u imagine what he will have in the coming years? I would be surprised if la Marque won and I wouldnt be surprised if they won. But lets face it, this will be the best defense this young la marque team has faced since coming to the high school. This will be a interesting game to watch.

The Head Coogah ain't taking any chances... Tim Wright is going to be held out of tomorrow nights game.

mossad
09-17-2009, 05:10 PM
The Head Coogah ain't taking any chances... Tim Wright is going to be held out of tomorrow nights game.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW noooooooo....well yall got more running backs....i really wanted to see tim run though, reminds me of a bigger goins

C4L
09-17-2009, 05:29 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW noooooooo....well yall got more running backs....i really wanted to see tim run though, reminds me of a bigger goins

He reminds me of Byron Evans. Anyway, ya don't wanna play with fire/tempt fate... gotta make sure that Tim is gonna be healthy for Angleton next week. This week, L'Reco Williams and Jaimes Tolbert will be toting the rock.

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Jv score. Ns 21 LM 0. 8 mind left in 1st half :eek:

C4L
09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Jv score. Ns 21 LM 0. 8 mind left in 1st half :eek:

Remember... there are ten sophomores starting on the Coogah varsity.

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Remember... there are ten sophomores starting on the Coogah varsity.

28-0 half :eek:

C4l. No doubt. These games are meaningless. La marque would be doin better if thier qb could run as well. Ns is playing well. And got some breaks. But I'm here at the game so thought I would update.

C4L
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
28-0 half :eek:

C4l. No doubt. These games are meaningless. La marque would be doin better if thier qb could run as well. Ns is playing well. And got some breaks. But I'm here at the game so thought I would update.

Appreciate it dude. If you don't mind, could you post the final?

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Appreciate it dude. If you don't mind, could you post the final?

42-0 End of 3rd. :eek:

C4L
09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
42-0 End of 3rd. :eek:

Methinks it may be the same tomorrow night...

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
49-0 2 Minsk left. :eek:

t00 playa
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
49-0 final

but tomorrow is a different story :eek:

C4L
09-17-2009, 08:43 PM
49-0 final

but tomorrow is a different story :eek:

Thanks for the updates!

Gator_Girl
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
someone above said things haven't been the same for the Cougars since 2006 and that is such a shame. There hasn't been a year go by that they haven't had spectacular talent.
I am hoping things are going to start turning around for them.

But good golly, I am looking forward to the band. I am surely hoping they are as good as they were back during the 04-06 seasons. Best entertainment ever.

I miss the good ole La Marque games. Seeing Mrs Green tomorrow night will be wonderful. :)

Gator4ever
09-18-2009, 12:26 AM
It's a good chance LaMarque will be 3A next year since they have about 1000 students from what I hear. Talent drops naturally due to total school population but seems they still have quite a bit of talent.
Things have been changing here on the gulf coast as school populations seems to be changing a bit...Dickinson gets larger,Texas City will be larger,Friendswood larger,LaMarque smaller,Clear Springs larger etc....

I see LaMarque going the way of West Orange Stark soon.

Gator4ever

C4L
09-18-2009, 09:42 AM
someone above said things haven't been the same for the Cougars since 2006 and that is such a shame. There hasn't been a year go by that they haven't had spectacular talent.
I am hoping things are going to start turning around for them.

But good golly, I am looking forward to the band. I am surely hoping they are as good as they were back during the 04-06 seasons. Best entertainment ever.

I miss the good ole La Marque games. Seeing Mrs Green tomorrow night will be wonderful. :)

Band only has 27 kids in it...

C4L
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
It's a good chance LaMarque will be 3A next year since they have about 1000 students from what I hear. Talent drops naturally due to total school population but seems they still have quite a bit of talent.
Things have been changing here on the gulf coast as school populations seems to be changing a bit...Dickinson gets larger,Texas City will be larger,Friendswood larger,LaMarque smaller,Clear Springs larger etc....

I see LaMarque going the way of West Orange Stark soon.

Gator4ever

Enrollment is 1186... La Marque will remain a small 4A.

C4L
09-18-2009, 09:45 AM
La Marque’s new and improved defense to be tested

By Evan Mohl
The Daily News
Published September 18, 2009
LA MARQUE — The Cougars defense gets to prove the first two games were not a fluke.

All the time in the weight room, the hard work and the new commitment to team defense are about to undergo their biggest test of the young season.

And, as their 2009 T-shirts proclaim, the Coogs (2-0) are going big game hunting.

La Marque welcomes perennial power North Shore (2-1), who had their 78-game regular season winning streak snapped against Katy in Week 0, today at 7 p.m.

The powerful Mustang offense, known for its depth and strength, has rebounded to run over its last two opponents for 725 yards.

The Coogs defense is using this opportunity as a measuring stick and litmus test. The unit has a lot to boast about, permitting just 132 yards of offense a game while pitching two shutouts.

But the group also understands North Shore is a different animal.

“We’re going to find out who we are and why we put in all that hard work,” free safety Destin Sarpy said. “We can’t be scared, everyone thinks we are, but we’re not. I think we’ll surprise some people.”

The Coogs defense allowed 320 yards a game last season, a big culprit for the 3-6 record and absence from the playoffs for the first time in 19 years.

But this year, La Marque has reversed its fortunes. Players say it started in the weight room in November.

They were so embarrassed by last year, they hit the gym right away to get stronger and faster.

It worked. Everyone on the La Marque starting 11 can run a 4.8 or better.

In the spring, the defensive philosophy changed. Coaches preached a team mentality — everyone flocking to the ball and no one playing for themselves.

“Last year, it was such an embarrassment,” strong safety Isaac Scott said.

“We weren’t prepared physically, and everyone was playing for themselves. We’ve realized with hard work and a commitment to team defense, the plays will come to you.”

So far it has worked. But North Shore, with its big offensive linemen and powerful ground game, offers some challenges for the Coogs’ smaller defensive unit.

La Marque’s answer — speed kills.

“We just got to go around those big guys or through them,” middle linebacker Jordan Jones said. “If we go around, we get the player. If we go through them, then our teammate makes the play.”

It’s what coach Darrell Jordan believes will help return La Marque, particularly its defense, to the top.

And that climb continues with a big test against North Shore.

“It’s a big one,” Jordan said. “The way we play against them, defensively, will say a lot about who we are. It’s a measuring stick.”

C4L
09-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Today’s high school football match-ups
By Joshua Buckley
The Daily News
Published September 18, 2009

North Shore (2-1) at La Marque (2-0)

• Kickoff: 7 p.m. at Etheredge Stadium

• Radio: 1480 AM KLVL

• Online: www.KLVL1480.com

• Key to the game: Staying healthy should be the Cougars’ biggest goal tonight. North Shore is big, fast and deeper than La Marque. With no break heading into district, the Cougars have to avoid any major injuries in this match-up.

• Buckley’s Prediction: North Shore 28, La Marque 13

La Marque has enough weapons to keep this game close for a while. However, North Shore is too deep and too experienced for the young Cougars and should pull away late.

Gator4ever
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
You gotta hope LM stays 4A cause that 3A action would be a long travel every week as we have no 3A teams around here.

I talked with the Couga LB and he says get ready for a shock !!!!

I'm gonna stick with NS but in the end it would not surprise me if LM scared the heck out of NS.

Gator4ever

C4L
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
You gotta hope LM stays 4A cause that 3A action would be a long travel every week as we have no 3A teams around here.

I talked with the Couga LB and he says get ready for a shock !!!!

I'm gonna stick with NS but in the end it would not surprise me if LM scared the heck out of NS.

Gator4ever

Only a fool would pick La Marque to win, but I'm hoping the Coogahs can make it a competitive game.

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks for the articles C4L

and good luck to the La marque cougars... hope its a good game... and more importantly... staying injury free for both teams....Ill be heading down in about an hour...:eek:

lil_cb_05
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
If LaMarque beat NS i'll run down Wallisville from the senior high to the beltway in leopard thong and white socks. Lol

C4L
09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks for the articles C4L

and good luck to the La marque cougars... hope its a good game... and more importantly... staying injury free for both teams....Ill be heading down in about an hour...:eek:

Take care, dude...

Pearland Longhorn
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Coogs up 13-7. They could turn on the swagger very quickly...

85Roughneck
09-18-2009, 07:43 PM
is this game on TSRN ?

Foozbaughl
09-18-2009, 08:26 PM
28-20 Shore Halftime

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Ns 28-20 half.

Great game. La marque is very good! :eek:

85Roughneck
09-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm listening to the Sho / Coog game on 1480 AM and it's coming in loud and clear at my home here in Deer Park.

Sounds like a great game ! It sounds like both the Stangs and the Coogs came to play !!!

Foozbaughl
09-18-2009, 09:16 PM
North Shore 41, La Marque 20 - 6:09 in 3rd quarter

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Ns lookin better 41-20 :eek:

texalaska
09-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Ns lookin better 41-20 :eek:

Sounds like they finally started hanging on to the ball.

I knew they would come around.

NSMustangProud
09-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Keeping up on the chron blog....not the best way to enjoy a game, but beats nothing....Stangs looking good.....much better!

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Not so fast. La marque roarin back. Very close game. :eek:

NSMustangProud
09-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds like the coogs gave the Stangs a run for their money tonight....good game to both teams....NS has a tough one next week! We will have to play better and stay in it the entire game next week!

Pearland Longhorn
09-18-2009, 10:15 PM
44-34 NS. I knew La Marque would give them a game. La Marque doesn't fear a team just because their enrollment outnumbers them 4-1.

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Good game. My post game analysis when I get hm. :eek:

85Roughneck
09-18-2009, 10:19 PM
SLC next week, huh? SLC just rolled Mesquite hard. the Dragons will be pumped up. However, it's clear that Northshore has played a lot better competition than SLC has so far so you should be well prepared.

If Cornett and Woods have a game like they did tonight SLC could be in for a long night.

I wish you and your Mustangs the best. Good luck!

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
44-34 NS. I knew La Marque would give them a game. La Marque doesn't fear a team just because their enrollment outnumbers them 4-1.

Uhh ok :eek:

Foozbaughl
09-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Might be more correct in saying that La Marque doesn't fear "any" team period. Anyone who didn't think La Marque would "bring it" hasn't been paying attention to Texas high school football for very long. We've looked forward to these two programs facing each other. Weren't disappointed in the least. Great game La Marque. :Music

Gator_Girl
09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
La Marque:
Offense played very well the first and most of second quarter. That cougar QB looks good.
Defense.....well, the didn't look like any cougar defense I have seen before (granted I hadn't seen many games since 2006). Their tackling was poor.

North Shore:
#10 is one HECK of an awesome player. Could NOT be stopped or brought down. His team traveled down the field with him blocking all the way. I was very impressed. I am sure he had >300 rushing yards. I am looking forward to seeing his numbers tomorrow.

LM band was great. I counted 27 members and some appeared to be in 7th or 8th grade.

One thing I did miss was the band playing the song that the players love. Where did that song go?

KTFURB
09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I was surprised to see La Marque put up 30+ on a pretty stout NS defense. Is LM back? It will be interesting to see how the NS defense does against a perennial offensive juggarnaut like SLC. I can't see NS winning a shootout type of game. Ball control is generally a better strategy. Keep the offense off the field and keep the score low.

C4L
09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Might be more correct in saying that La Marque doesn't fear "any" team period. Anyone who didn't think La Marque would "bring it" hasn't been paying attention to Texas high school football for very long. We've looked forward to these two programs facing each other. Weren't disappointed in the least. Great game La Marque. :Music

Thanks for the kind words... I'm glad that the Coogahs were able to give y'all a game. Now, make Region-III proud and BEAT SLC!

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
This was a very entertaining game..... great football atmosphere.... la marque was a great host....

La marque is very good... skill and speed all over the field... in my opinion... the play of thier offensive line was the key to thier success tonight... they played outstanding....we could get very little penetration...... i think both defenses were done in by the others speed...this is the most NS has been scored on in a while....La marque QB is extremely talented.... he runs the team and manages the game quite well...the La marque DTs were as good as advertised....they really shut down the middle many times....Cornett had a good game.... i dont know what his stats were but he has 2 very good games in a row.... white is still a bit slowed by the knee injury but him at 70% is better than most at 100%... hes still a big factor... QB play was not too bad.... i still think we are making some mistakes on offense but i cant complain about 44 points....our defense was broken down because of the lack of penetration in conjunction with the speedsters la marque has all over the field that must be respected with regards to short slants...and the deep ball....

both teams had a swagger... there was a lot of talk on the field...but i think at the end of the day... both teams have a great amount of respect for the other.... LM is a good team.... now i hope they play the rest of the season like they did against us tonight.... good job cougars....thanks for a good one.... C4L, you should be proud of those cougars....they played well...

well NS has been through some tough games these 1st 4.... and SLC looms next week... glad to have the extra day of rest...we are going to need it.....:eek:

C4L
09-18-2009, 11:32 PM
La Marque:
Offense played very well the first and most of second quarter. That cougar QB looks good.
Defense.....well, the didn't look like any cougar defense I have seen before (granted I hadn't seen many games since 2006). Their tackling was poor.

North Shore:
#10 is one HECK of an awesome player. Could NOT be stopped or brought down. His team traveled down the field with him blocking all the way. I was very impressed. I am sure he had >300 rushing yards. I am looking forward to seeing his numbers tomorrow.

LM band was great. I counted 27 members and some appeared to be in 7th or 8th grade.

One thing I did miss was the band playing the song that the players love. Where did that song go?

Outside of the DL, the Mustang RB was bigger than everyone else playing D, and Arthur King was no match for him or the WR that kept blowing him up.

C4L
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
This was a very entertaining game..... great football atmosphere.... la marque was a great host....

La marque is very good... skill and speed all over the field... in my opinion... the play of thier offensive line was the key to thier success tonight... they played outstanding....we could get very little penetration...... i think both defenses were done in by the others speed...this is the most NS has been scored on in a while....La marque QB is extremely talented.... he runs the team and manages the game quite well...the La marque DTs were as good as advertised....they really shut down the middle many times....Cornett had a good game.... i dont know what his stats were but he has 2 very good games in a row.... white is still a bit slowed by the knee injury but him at 70% is better than most at 100%... hes still a big factor... QB play was not too bad.... i still think we are making some mistakes on offense but i cant complain about 44 points....our defense was broken down because of the lack of penetration in conjunction with the speedsters la marque has all over the field that must be respected with regards to short slants...and the deep ball....

both teams had a swagger... there was a lot of talk on the field...but i think at the end of the day... both teams have a great amount of respect for the other.... LM is a good team.... now i hope they play the rest of the season like they did against us tonight.... good job cougars....thanks for a good one.... C4L, you should be proud of those cougars....they played well...

well NS has been through some tough games these 1st 4.... and SLC looms next week... glad to have the extra day of rest...we are going to need it.....:eek:

playa... if tha Coogahs can play as well as they did tonight, they'll be a year ahead of schedule.

I'm glad that the Coogahs were able to give y'all a game... I was afraid they'd be blown off of the field.

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Cornett...17 carries 352 yds rushing... 4 Tds:eek:

mossad
09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
WOW, im not gonna lie, I did not expect La Marque to jump out in front like they did so early. Those sophomores showed some poise. But Cornett, excellent speed and awareness, took it to a different level the sophomores arent used to, It was magic everytime he touched the rock. I expected NS to blow this game away. By the 3rd quater those lineman wored down La Marque. What was NS coach thinking, why didnt he stick with the draw and off tackle, the key was between the tackles and he did not take advantage of it. He wanted to prove a point and pass which threw NS whole ryhthm off. Run run run when the defense respects you go to the air, why not go to the air to cornett? Wuts up with that play calling for NS. Dangerous players and the offense is not being utilized at all. If they will make a deep run NS needs to tighten up with the play calling, THE PLAYERS ARE THERE TO MAKE A PRETTY DEEP RUN!!! Good luck NS!!!!

t00 playa
09-18-2009, 11:44 PM
WOW, im not gonna lie, I did not expect La Marque to jump out in front like they did so early. Those sophomores showed some poise. But Cornett, excellent speed and awareness, took it to a different level the sophomores arent used to, It was magic everytime he touched the rock. I expected NS to blow this game away. By the 3rd quater those lineman wored down La Marque. What was NS coach thinking, why didnt he stick with the draw and off tackle, the key was between the tackles and he did not take advantage of it. He wanted to prove a point and pass which threw NS whole ryhthm off. Run run run when the defense respects you go to the air, why not go to the air to cornett? Wuts up with that play calling for NS. Dangerous players and the offense is not being utilized at all. If they will make a deep run NS needs to tighten up with the play calling, THE PLAYERS ARE THERE TO MAKE A PRETTY DEEP RUN!!! Good luck NS!!!!

Im in agreement with some of the play calling....but.. who knows... people got thier moneys worth tonight...:eek:

mossad
09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Im in agreement with some of the play calling....but.. who knows... people got thier moneys worth tonight...:eek:

lol that was an amazing game, but hey.....thats la marque:notworthy will not give up, will remain cocky, has speed in the stands on the bench in the parking lot lol. Loved watching 27 and 10 play. We have dealt with them forever, they wont go away, and this team is young, imagine them when they become seniors. NS is dangerous, Loved the offense, i pray you guys have a deep run i met some good people on NS side. yall deserve a state titel and the play calling will be key

Gator_Girl
09-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Cornett...17 carries 352 yds rushing... 4 Tds:eek:

wowsers! I am so impressed! Good for him. These stats look fantastic and I really hope he keeps them up. He will certainly have a few choices to make in the spring coming signing time. ;)

Like someone said, lots of trash talking during the game. Then after the game I saw two of the biggest talkers visiting with each other. THAT is what it is all about.

That soph. QB in cougar land will just continue to shine. I am proud of that kid.
I am a LMster at heart, just moved down the street and now have kids gwoing up to be gators. LOL

NORTH SHORE.....the very best of luck to ya'll. I have a strong feeling that we will see you on TV playing for the state title. :notworthy

Squirrel88
09-19-2009, 10:41 AM
That was a great game last night. All I can say is that La Marque will do great in 4a this year. La Marque's QB is one heck of a player. He is the total package. He can run & throw. You guys have some great running backs. They are just as fast as advertised.

For North Shore...
#10 Tim Corrnet... He was hurdling people doing whatever he needed to do make touchdowns. He came from jr varsity last year and now is a senior.

#27 Alton Denby... Do they feed that kid raw meat before a game? He is monster. He is everywhere and doing everything.

Squirrel88
09-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Just a side note... Next time that we play La Marque I need to bring bug spray. I thought I was going to be one big misquetoe bite afterwords.

mossad, is there going to be footage of the game on Youtube?

Mr. Rod
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Great game. La Marque and North Shore put on quite a show. There was a lot of speed on that field last night. Im glad Cornett is getting his game together, everytime he runs, I always think fumble, but now Im starting to think TD instead. Keenan still has to mature more, he had some bad decisions last night. But I know he'll get there. Saw #6 Darius Hyacinth on the sideline suit up. He is our back up QB and should start with White next week after having his hand broken a in preseason. He went in last night for a play I think, can't wait to see him in some real action. I've seen him during the summer and practices, he is good folks. Next stop, Corsicana. Can't wait for this game. But once again, I appluad the Cougars on their huge effort. I'll be rooting for ya'll come playoff time.

Big Daddy Cool
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Props to the Cougars and the Cougar fans you gave us a warm welcome and then some. I knew you guys would come out ready to defend the home turf and boy did you. I thought we might be in trouble after that opening drive. Thankfully Mr. Cornette decided that this game would be his coming out party. He's shown flashes of what he showed all season, but this was the first time he really stepped up and shined. You guys definitely have some players to build around especially the quarterback and #28 I believe it was out of the back field and #7 and #11 at wide receiver man I don't know how those two kept getting open. As for our playing calling we were quite confused as to what the coaches were thinking as well. I mean I know you have to alway work on all phases of the game, but when the running game is clicking the way ours was last night you get on that Mustang and ride him for all he's worth. Again great game by the Cougars and as my fellow Mustangs have said if you guys can play the way you did last night I think another title may be coming your way.

swampdweller
09-19-2009, 11:56 AM
never expected LM to be able to hang w/ NS but givem props. they did. im sure that got the attention of the teams in there district.

Gator4ever
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I ai't never seen the Cougars roll over yet so this game does not surprise me. Congrats to both teams.

Gator4ever

C4L
09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Just a side note... Next time that we play La Marque I need to bring bug spray. I thought I was going to be one big misquetoe bite afterwords.

mossad, is there going to be footage of the game on Youtube?\

The highlights are the work of Coogs Sports Net. I will post them here for y'all some time next week.

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 12:32 AM
The show went on

Squirrel88
09-20-2009, 12:56 AM
There were 2 bad things about this game.

1. The mosquitoes were terrible.
2. La Marque's announcer loves to hear himself talk and needs to find another job. He was very obnoxious at the end of the game.

Oh and BTW... Turkey Legs and Sausage on a Stick... $6...

Frobeus
09-20-2009, 12:58 AM
There were 2 bad things about this game.

1. The mosquitoes were terrible.
2. La Marque's announcer loves to hear himself talk and needs to find another job. He was very obnoxious at the end of the game.

Oh and BTW... Turkey Legs and Sausage on a Stick... $6...

ROFL yes... "only" 6 dollars

Middle school fund raiser.......

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 02:19 AM
lol and don't forget la Marques band booster club is having a meeting next week, smoked turkey legs and sausge on a stick!!! Haha heard that like twenty times, and another cougar FIRSTDOWN!!!! :D lol

Big Daddy Cool
09-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah he kind of reminded me of the guy who called the Pasadena games. Do we not have a booster club I mean you never hear announcements like that made at our games?

Mr. Rod
09-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Yeah he kind of reminded me of the guy who called the Pasadena games. Do we not have a booster club I mean you never hear announcements like that made at our games?

I sat next to the band this time, so I really didn't hear the announcer. I don't think we have a booster club. But on another note, did anyone else laugh as hard as me when Gibson threw a pass to Woods and knocked him in the back of the helmet. It happend towards the end of the game.

Frobeus
09-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I sat next to the band this time, so I really didn't hear the announcer. I don't think we have a booster club. But on another note, did anyone else laugh as hard as me when Gibson threw a pass to Woods and knocked him in the back of the helmet. It happend towards the end of the game.

I more /facepalm than laughed lol. BUT, I did have to pick my jaw off the floor when Cornett hurdled that guy from La Marque on that ~80 yard TD run.

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 12:53 PM
I more /facepalm than laughed lol. BUT, I did have to pick my jaw off the floor when Cornett hurdled that guy from La Marque on that ~80 yard TD run.

Lol that was hilarious woods looked about as mad as can be afterwards, and yeah cornett really amazed me that hurdle was like a call back to mcguffie lol and he really knows how to get around those defenders I feel ns is gonna really shake it up against south lake to go ahead and throw them off a lil cuz I'm sure they will watch cornett all over those game tapes and try to figure him out, but remember, he's not their only beast :)

lil_cb_05
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Just got done watching the highlights from the game. LaMarque offensive players are fast, y'all weren't over exaggerating about that.

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Lol that was hilarious woods looked about as mad as can be afterwards, and yeah cornett really amazed me that hurdle was like a call back to mcguffie lol and he really knows how to get around those defenders I feel ns is gonna really shake it up against south lake to go ahead and throw them off a lil cuz I'm sure they will watch cornett all over those game tapes and try to figure him out, but remember, he's not their only beast :)

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Just got done watching the highlights from the game. LaMarque offensive players are fast, y'all weren't over exaggerating about that.

Where did you find that?

Gator4ever
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Anyone who heard the radio program probably understands what should and should not be done...lol.

That radio program is a funny thing to listen to year after year....

I believe those guys pay 200-300 per game to announce the game. Yesssss...they pay the station to announce the game.

Gator4ever

lil_cb_05
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Where did you find that?

High School Sports Live on channel 55. You can go to abc13.com under the high section and watch it also.

Nsalumni
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
High School Sports Live on channel 55. You can go to abc13.com under the high section and watch it also.
thank you thank you I want to relive cornetts 80 yd run :)

Squirrel88
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7023187

Foozbaughl
09-20-2009, 05:27 PM

There is only one Lord of the Ring, and he does not share power. :D

mossad
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, La Marque was kinda fast this year lol. They have lost a step, gaor can verify that. they have taken big hits because of the open district, i would say a good quater of clear springs football team are originally from LM, thats right from LM. The 2006 LM cougars were a sight to behold, i mean to sit at their games, the line was huge, the secondary was aggressive and smart. #28 name is Timothy Wirght, 23 is Lerico Williams, they will be returning next year. WOW cornett was on JV last year? Would be nice to have seen him shoot out the back field on a wheel route with that speed. how tall is he 6'1?

Gator_Girl
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
About #10 Cornett....the kid is phenomenal. WHY in the world is he just now on varsity?
Is that a mistake that someone above said he was on JV last year? If so, wowsers!! What were the NS coaches thinking?? He is amazing. 352 yards rushing. whew!

dada
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
About #10 Cornett....the kid is phenomenal. WHY in the world is he just now on varsity?
Is that a mistake that someone above said he was on JV last year? If so, wowsers!! What were the NS coaches thinking?? He is amazing. 352 yards rushing. whew!

Tracy Woods. That's why.

Gator_Girl
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Tracy Woods. That's why.

gotcha! I forget about the previous year. :o