PDA

View Full Version : The official HAPPY COWBOYS thread

biggolfdad
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
How about them Cowboys.. Thoughts and or comments..

Allstarkaw
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Who and where is Happy?

RocklandDragon
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Who and where is Happy?

Happy is a small town located in the Panhandle of Texas. The town has about 600 or so residents.

It's in one tough district of 6-man football as perennial playoff power Valley and Follett are district opponets. Only two berth are offered in Six-Man Div I so playoff berths are hard to come by.

The other teams in the district are McLean and Fort Elliott. I've seen Happy play McLean before and they did well against them but I have no idea how good Fort Elliott is.

2005 was a great year for Happy as they played in a seven-team district and upset Silverton at Silverton to gain one of the two playoff spots. That score was 75-74, I think.

:eek:

They made the playoffs in 2006 and 2007, but missed the playoffs last year.

I do enjoy watching the Cowboys play. I have some family that live in Happy and every home game they will support the Cowboys. Especially when their son was playing; it was an awesome ride. I love how the small towns go all-out for their six-man teams and it was cool to see that up close.

:cool:

As far as the 2009 Cowboys go, I hope they can find a way to get into the playoffs but Follett and Valley are tough. They beat a constant name in the playoffs, Paducah recently. They might snatch one of those playoff berths.

:D

biggolfdad
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Happy plays Silverton in Silverton on Friday at 7:30.

lonny23
09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm going to make it to a Happy game this year. I'll go on Oct 9 vs. McLean, but I'll check out a few other games that day, too.