PDA

View Full Version : Clark Cougars Official Thread of Clark, Texas

KEW
09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Good luck against Alamo Heights. For updates check www.clarkcougarsports.com (http://www.clarkcougarsports.com)

CORONA
09-05-2009, 04:29 PM
And so it begins.......

Clark over Brandeis. Clark should win this one but by no means will it be a repeat of last year. Brandeis has matured and grown together. Their last two victories were solid performances and they look to be firing on all cylinders. Clark needs to overcome the self inflicted penalties. Over the long run this could be a serious momentum problem. Although I do believe Clark will tie up the loose ends.

Holmes over Taft. I think Holmes has the momentum for this one. New coach, new season, i think they will surprise the 28-5a with their play. Taft is Taft and really has not changed much from last year.

O'conner over Marshall. This game will be interesting. If Marshall comes to play the way they did against Macarthur then who knows. Tonights game with Churchill will paint a more solid picture. O'conner will continue to gain momentum.

Stevens over Warren. Stevens may have lost key players but their replacements have stepped up nicely. They will be to much for Warren to handle for four quarters. Warren will continue to struggle as this year they are mostly average with respect to certain players from last years team. They are the reigning district champs and truly are the team to go through to claim this years crown.

Jay over Bye week. What can i say? This should be considered a solid victory. Tonights game with Del Rio will also paint a more solid picture.:D

I think it should pan out like this. Beginning to look like Stevens is the team Clark will have to bring their A game to. Great idea on this thread KEW. AH game should have been won by a larger margin. The team needs to eliminate the self inflicted penalties that kill drives. GO COOGS!!!!!http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

kbarj
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
As far as the self-inflicted penalties go, I wonder if the refs were trying to make a point to a specific player on those 5 holding penalties. I have a friend from Churchill who complained about a specific Clark lineman holding on every play. I know there is holding on every play, period - but he seemed to think there was one who stood out. I'd be curious to find out.

I'm hoping we get and stay healthy. I don't feel we have the depth of last year.

kbarj
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Here's a question for you...what teams does Clark want to beat most? I saw a question like this on another thread. My personal choices...

In district:
1. O'Connor
2. Brandeis (not a big deal to beat, but don't want to lose to)

In town:
1. Churchill
2. Madison
3. Smithson Valley

Out-of-town:
1. Westlake

CORONA
09-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Well Clark fans, what do you think about the upcoming game with Brandeis? They have put a real whoopin on their previous opponents. And, from what I understand, one of their running backs is a former cougar and definitely a starter if he were still at Clark. Their other back Copland, is also pretty good. On offense they have a huge lineman whom I assume they will try to run behind. The QB is the same as last years and from what I remember has a good arm and scored on us with a pass last year. As I said before, they have grown together over this past year and are stronger with a deeper understanding of the coaching system. We better not go into this one with a soft attitude or Brandeis will put us in a hole early. I don't know about you, but I do not like these cardiac games a whole lot. If we clean up the penalties and open up the offense a little more, we will do just fine and prepare for future games. Stay healthy boys, and go coogs go!!!:D

CORONA
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's a question for you...what teams does Clark want to beat most? I saw a question like this on another thread. My personal choices...

In district:
1. O'Connor
2. Brandeis (not a big deal to beat, but don't want to lose to)

In town:
1. Churchill
2. Madison
3. Smithson Valley

Out-of-town:
1. Westlake

In my opinion,
District:
1. Warren
2. O'conner
3. Stevens
4. Brandeis

In town:
1. Madison
2. Churchill
3. Southwest

Out of town:
1. Hightower
2. westlake

kbarj
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
For clarification...my question is based on all things being equal and does not take competition for district or state into consideration. Just who are the teams you want to beat.

kbarj
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Well Clark fans, what do you think about the upcoming game with Brandeis? ... one of their running backs is a former cougar and definitely a starter if he were still at Clark. Their other back Copeland, is also pretty good. On offense they have a huge lineman whom I assume they will try to run behind. The QB is the same as last years and from what I remember has a good arm ...We better not go into this one with a soft attitude or Brandeis will put us in a hole early. I don't know about you, but I do not like these cardiac games a whole lot. If we clean up the penalties and open up the offense a little more, we will do just fine and prepare for future games. Stay healthy boys, and go coogs go!!!:D

First of all Jacoby Pillow is a good football player. At Clark he was the leading candidate for safety and for running Back during the spring. In either position, he's trouble.

Noah Copeland is also an excellent two-way player. He was a starter for O'Connor at safety as a sophomore and was all-district last year as a running back for Brandeis.

At QB, Brandeis has two juniors, Kyle Sewell and Michael Barrientos. Both can play both ways as well. They were both good linebackers at the freshmen level for Clark. I believe Sewell is better passing and Barrientos is a better runner, but Sewell can run if need be, and Barrientos has a good arm.

They've also got some good receivers and a lot more size on the line than they had last year. They make me nervous.:eek:

CORONA
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
That is exactly why these games make me nervous.:o I think sooner than people think, Brandeis will be a force to contend with. Despite the nonsense I usually write on other threads, I really do wish all of our 28-5a family the best of luck. I know its only been a year but I think this Clark / Brandeis game may quickly develop into a rivalry. Or at least half of one since Brandeis is smack dab in between Clark and O'conner.http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

CORONA
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
28-5A
The locks
Clark: Coming into the season it looked like a two-horse race between Warren and the Cougars. If two games are any indication, that field has already been whittled to two. Clark and Brandeis are the only unbeaten teams in the district entering league play.
The contenders
Stevens: Last week's loss to Steele notwithstanding -- they were outscored 14-0 in a 15-point loss -- the Falcons have been impressive. The big question will be what happens at quarterback, where backup Brandon Pratt excelled in replacement of future college recruit Mykkele Thompson.
Brandeis: Even though the Broncos were about to begin only their second varsity season, they entered with serious postseason aspirations. Those hopes look even more serious now considering how weak the rest of the district looks.
Warren: We knew major graduation losses would be an issue. But since leading Judson 23-14 in the first half of their season opener, the Warriors have been outscored by a whopping 45 points over the past six quarters. Ouch.
O'Connor: The Panthers looked slow and unathletic in falling behind 40-0 at the half of their season-opening loss to Madison. Then again, we've said that before, and they've found a way to make the postseason. It just might be a little tougher this time around.
Outside looking in
Taft: If the Raiders can develop an offense to fortify their defense, which has forced as many turnovers (five) as itís allowed touchdowns, they might -- and we stress might -- be able to squeeze into the fourth seed.
Jay: If the next eight turn out like the first two -- losses to Lee and Del Rio -- it could be a long season for the Mustangs.
Marshall: Cyclical or permanent? Either or, the Rams' recent slide bears watching.
Holmes: Like Lee in 26-5A, the Huskies will find it difficult to win a district game.

This is straight off of the mysa.com highschool sports section. What do you think?

envisionfilmvideo.com
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
They have put a real whoopin on their previous opponents. And, from what I understand, one of their running backs is a former cougar and definitely a starter if he were still at Clark. Their other back Copland, is also pretty good. On offense they have a huge lineman whom I assume they will try to run behind. The QB is the same as last years and from what I remember has a good arm and scored on us with a pass last year.

Puh-lease. They played Johnson in a close one who's been whipped by everyone and then played Canyon Lake, a 3A school, I believe.

They are and should be better than last year. QB is a good kid who can definitely throw and Copeland is looking sharp as well. Former Clark RB also good but should be interesting once the game starts.

As I always say, respect your opponent and don't lighten up, which may have been a little of what happened at AH but Churchill looked better and AH always tough so I'm confident of a 3-0 start for the team in Black and Silver.

califootball
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Puh-lease. They played Johnson in a close one who's been whipped by everyone and then played Canyon Lake, a 3A school, I believe.

They are and should be better than last year. QB is a good kid who can definitely throw and Copeland is looking sharp as well. Former Clark RB also good but should be interesting once the game starts.

As I always say, respect your opponent and don't lighten up, which may have been a little of what happened at AH but Churchill looked better and AH always tough so I'm confident of a 3-0 start for the team in Black and Silver.

I agree...Brandeis has not played any tough teams to date. They are starting this tear just as they started last year. They run into problems when they play district games....

cfisdbacker
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Good luck to Clark this year!!!!

CORONA
09-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Great win Clark! Need to stay hungry and focus this next week for the Stevens game. Play strong and you will win.

dragonsdaddy
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
is clark a city, an area, or a person?

envisionfilmvideo.com
09-13-2009, 11:40 AM
is clark a city, an area, or a person?

The school is named after Supreme Court Justice Tom C. Clark. All HS in our district are named after SCJs. "Clark, Texas" is the area (state of mind) that incorporates the neighborhoods, businesses, etc. around the HS. Clark is in the city limits of San Antonio but when the school was first built, it sat on the very edge of what was then the city of SA. Some of the early players named it "Clark, Texas" and it stuck.

Of course, you can read about the full history of Clark on ClarkCougarSports.com:)

dragonsdaddy
09-13-2009, 01:42 PM
The school is named after Supreme Court Justice Tom C. Clark. All HS in our district are named after SCJs. "Clark, Texas" is the area (state of mind) that incorporates the neighborhoods, businesses, etc. around the HS. Clark is in the city limits of San Antonio but when the school was first built, it sat on the very edge of what was then the city of SA. Some of the early players named it "Clark, Texas" and it stuck.

Of course, you can read about the full history of Clark on ClarkCougarSports.com:)

thanks. may already be tmi

kbarj
09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
I think we're improving every week. Now we're getting into the run where hopefully, we'll be able to get some quality time for our 2's as well. Rumor has it that our transfer will be able to suit up soon, and so will some of our other injured players. This should add depth...that we need badly.

CORONA
09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
GREAT WIN COOGARS!! Time to get healthy and work on fundamentals. Stay hungry and take one game at a time. Kbarj is right, time to also get 2's quality time and continue to improve.

fgoodwin
11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Pretty quiet in this thread lately.

Any thoughts on the area playoff against Austin Bowie? If you had told me back in August that we'd be playing Bowie, I would've thought "no problem", but when you consider they beat Roosevelt at Heroes Stadium, that's very impressive.

The Bulldogs are not to be taken lightly!

BoneCrusher
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Attention all Clark posters, please come get RudeDog60 is making an A$& out of himself and making your average at best team look bad. I would aso say please get one good kid to play football as he thinks it just takes one to win.