PDA

View Full Version : South Grand Prairie Warriors

hollywood
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Official SGP Thread

http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%20helmets/south-grand-prairie-tx.gif

hollywood
09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Well it was Martin with 35 points and SGP 24.

#11 was even more impressive tonight. This Soph is VERY good. He will only get better. He needs some better protection for sure. A number of passes were catchable that were not made. Way too much confusion out there on special teams. I still am not sure if the fake punt was the best fake I have ever seen or just a salvaged play out of kaos ...

hollywood
09-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Summit is up next for SGP ...

Some former players in the news:

Tray Allen (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090609aah.html) plays on offense, defense and special teams for UT. Michael Allen #45 is a senior on this years team playing TE/DE.

Carson Wiggs (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/249559-carson-wiggs-big-leg-keeps-smashing-records-at-purdue) hits on a record breaking field goal for Purdue. Junior Jordan Wiggs #23 is following in his brothers shows as the SGP kicker.

Malcolm Williams (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/williams_malcolm00.html) should be playing at Safety this week for TCU.

hollywood
09-12-2009, 11:45 PM
SGP ___24
Summit 21
(http://www.dfwvarsity.com/Football/GameSummary.aspx?Gameid=100)
DFW Varsity Game Summary (http://www.dfwvarsity.com/Football/GameSummary.aspx?Gameid=100)

The Warrior
09-13-2009, 07:07 PM
looks like #6 had 2 catches also, maybe he gets more plays each week. Can only help the team! The "BUS" looks good leading 7-5A in rushing so far:)

hollywood
09-18-2009, 09:18 PM
SGP 41
Justin NW 13

FINAL

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=09&eventId=188346)

The Warrior
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
SGP 41
Justin NW 13

FINAL

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=09&eventId=188346)

Thanks for the update Hollywood!:notworthy I will be at the CHILL game for sure. Looks like #6 finally made it into the game. "The Bus" keeps rolling on! Maybe they ball control their way into a few wins this year.

hollywood
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the update Hollywood!:notworthy I will be at the CHILL game for sure. Looks like #6 finally made it into the game. "The Bus" keeps rolling on! Maybe they ball control their way into a few wins this year.

Maybe. I have missed the last two games due to work. Same this week against Nimitz. BUT, I will be at the home game vs. CHILL.

They must win this week to have a shot at the 4th spot.

The Warrior
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Maybe. I have missed the last two games due to work. Same this week against Nimitz. BUT, I will be at the home game vs. CHILL.

They must win this week to have a shot at the 4th spot.

A "must win" already? How does it stack up this year?
CHILL
DV
IMAC
INimitz
SGP
IHS

hollywood
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
A "must win" already? How does it stack up this year?
CHILL
DV
IMAC
INimitz
SGP
IHS

You left out GP :) .... So making an assumption at this point I think we can say that CHILL, DV and IMAC are likely to make the playoffs.
That leaves INimitz, SGP, IHS and GP to fight over the remaining spot.
It therefore is reasonable to assume for now that this mini district race will determine the 4th spot. That could change as district plays out. Also the real focus now is on the team playing better football period. Playing better footbal may mean beating Nimitz and playing "well" against CHILL.

hollywood
09-26-2009, 06:45 PM
SGP 7
Nimitz 20

FINAL

The Warrior
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
You left out GP :) .... So making an assumption at this point I think we can say that CHILL, DV and IMAC are likely to make the playoffs.
It therefore is reasonable to assume for now that this mini district race will determine the 4th spot. That could change as district plays out. Also the real focus now is on the team playing better football period. Playing better footbal may mean beating Nimitz and playing "well" against CHILL.

nimitz, might replace IMAC, and IMAC be fighting for the 4th spot.

The Warrior
09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
SGP 7
Nimitz 20

FINAL

2 weeks to prepare fro CHILL - CHILL 56 SGP 24 is my prediction.

The Warrior
09-28-2009, 12:56 PM

It will be a log jam from 3-7, I think one team will beat another, #6 will beat #3, #7 will beat #4 and it will go down to the last week, and tie breaker!

hollywood
09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
It will be a log jam from 3-7, I think one team will beat another, #6 will beat #3, #7 will beat #4 and it will go down to the last week, and tie breaker!

Maybe so. They just need to hang in there and keep improving.

hollywood
09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
2 weeks to prepare fro CHILL - CHILL 56 SGP 24 is my prediction.

Again this year CHILL had two weeks to prepare for SGP. The CHILL game is this Friday. SGP has two weeks to prepare for Irving.

A Fan
10-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Congrats to SGP Warriors for a well played game last night. The best of luck the rest of the season . Your boys never gave up and showed alot of heart. The way the warriors played i'll be watching you guys in the playoffs.

Go Horns

hollywood
10-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Congrats to SGP Warriors for a well played game last night. The best of luck the rest of the season . Your boys never gave up and showed alot of heart. The way the warriors played i'll be watching you guys in the playoffs.

Go Horns

Good luck to CHILL. They may go all the way to state this year.

It was a game right up until the end of the first half when CHILL scored 20 points in a frenzy.

CHILL 47
SGP 32

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&propertyId=1&schoolId=0&eventId=188427&sportId=3)

A Fan
10-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Good luck to CHILL. They may go all the way to state this year.

It was a game right up until the end of the first half when CHILL scored 20 points in a frenzy.

CHILL 47
SGP 32

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&propertyId=1&schoolId=0&eventId=188427&sportId=3)

But the game wasn't over at half, the warriors scored 18 points in 2nd half and CHill was held to 10, not good for the horns.

The Warrior
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Maybe so. They just need to hang in there and keep improving.

38% 34-89 :mad:Completion rate will not cut it, if you want to win. They will need to improve overall produvtion to get win #2. I don't see them making the playoffs this year.

hollywood
10-07-2009, 10:12 PM
38% 34-89 :mad:Completion rate will not cut it, if you want to win. They will need to improve overall produvtion to get win #2. I don't see them making the playoffs this year.

I was not expecting them to make the playoffs this year, BUT it was not beyond the possibility. They have won two games this year but are 0-2 in district. They actually played pretty well for a quarter and a half against CHILL in the first half. Special teams are horrendous. The defense is showing some signs of life but are prone to the big play. The offense is better than last year, which is not saying much. I am still pretty high on #11 and #6. This week is a bye and then they play Irving.

SGP 06 Alumni
10-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Summit is up next for SGP ...

Some former players in the news:

Tray Allen (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090609aah.html) plays on offense, defense and special teams for UT. Michael Allen #45 is a senior on this years team playing TE/DE.

Carson Wiggs (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/249559-carson-wiggs-big-leg-keeps-smashing-records-at-purdue) hits on a record breaking field goal for Purdue. Junior Jordan Wiggs #23 is following in his brothers shows as the SGP kicker.

Malcolm Williams (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/williams_malcolm00.html) should be playing at Safety this week for TCU.

Well I have been MIA for about a year now, sorry fellow SGP fans. This college stuff and having a new job really have been kicking my :Censor:. This is awesome news to read about Allen, Wiggs and Williams. I love seeing that Williams is playing for a stellar defense like TCU. Always good to hear an old friend from my graduating class is doing something for a team that is known for their defense. Ahhhh(sigh), I can still remember the day he ran 82 yards to the house against Trinity to win it 35-28, the only blemmish on the Trojans record that year.:)

Anyways, how do the Warriors look this year?

hollywood
10-16-2009, 07:48 AM
SGP 24
Irving 22

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=10&eventId=188422) -- HSGametime

hollywood
10-23-2009, 11:37 PM
SGP 38
Duncanville 27

Huge win ... Big come back ... Mark this one down. A corner was turned.

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=10&eventId=188434)

A Fan
10-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Congrats on your Big Win!!! As i mention before SGP will be in the playoffs... the doors are wide open. The best of luck.

hollywood
10-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Congrats on your Big Win!!! As i mention before SGP will be in the playoffs... the doors are wide open. The best of luck.

You may right! Thanks. Cheering for CHILL to win state.

hollywood
10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
# W-L W-L Team -- Next Games

1) 8-0 4-0 Cedar Hill -- (A) GP (H) Nimitz
2) 7-2 4-1 Irving Nimitz -- OPEN (A) CHILL
3) 4-4 2-2 South Grand Prairie -- (A) IMAC, (H) GP
4) 4-4 1-3 Irving MacArthur -- (H) SGP (A) Irving
5) 3-5 2-3 Duncanville -- (H) Irving, OPEN
6) 1-7 1-3 Grand Prairie -- (H) CHILL (A) SGP
7) 1-7 1-3 Irving -- (A) DV (H) IMAC

CHILL and Nimitz are in the playoffs.

Nimitz's only district loss was to IMAC. At worst they go 4-2 and have the tie breaker against SGP. The rest already have 3 defeats.

SGP has the tie breaker against DV. As with last year they need to beat IMAC to get into the playoffs. Last years game was a thriller that went into OT.

IMAC - Needs to win out and they would have the tiebreaker on SGP / GP.

GP - If they win out against both CHILL and SGP, they would have the tie breaker on SGP.

Irving - If they win out they have the tie breaker on DV, IMAC and GP.

Realistically it is amongst, SGP, DV and IMAC for the two remaining spots. Even if IMAC beats SGP, SGP could make it in in the final week against GP because of the tiebreaker with DV.

I guess !!!????

hollywood
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
7-5A…Cedar Hill, Irving Nimitz, South Grand Prairie*, Duncanville*

The week 9 playoff projections just came out. Crazy year in 7-5A. SGP may very well make the playoffs. Preparing now for the team photo framing I thought would be missed this year. ;) Not a done deal by any means. SGP has lost to Nimitz and CHILL. Nimitz turned out to be a much better team than I was thinking. Good to see really. Hopefully SGP can win these last two district games and get into the first round.

If all plays out well, they would be the #1 D1 seed playing the #2 D1 seed from 8-5A.

8-5A…Allen, Plano East*, Plano West, Plano*

A Fan
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
]I was not expecting them to make the playoffs this year, BUT it was not beyond the possibility.[/B] They have won two games this year but are 0-2 in district. They actually played pretty well for a quarter and a half against CHILL in the first half. Special teams are horrendous. The defense is showing some signs of life but are prone to the big play. The offense is better than last year, which is not saying much. I am still pretty high on #11 and #6. This week is a bye and then they play Irving.

Yes Sir, anything is possible...SGP is 3rd in 7-5a standings and the possibilities of the playoffs are within SGP's grasp. I believe you play IMac and GP to end the reg season and i can't see why you would'nt win out to secure the playoffs. Again the best of luck and Win Out...secure that spot and i'll be watching.

GO WARRIORS

hollywood
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Huge game with IMAC tonight in Irving ... Lets see if SGP has turned the corner or not. Looking over IMAcs previous games I am seeing inconsistency. That does not mean they cannot come up big and nail this one. SGP needs to continue to improve on defense and especailly so on special teams. Jordan Wiggs is outstanding at kicker, especially in kicking long field goals. He also made a great TD saving hit on the DV punt returner last week. Special teams can make or break this team right now.

hollywood
10-30-2009, 11:04 PM
IMAC 63
SGP 35

BOX SCORE (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=10&eventId=188435)

IRVING--Senior James Sims shredded South Grand Prairie’s defense for 351 yards and seven touchdowns, leading Irving MacArthur to a 63-35 victory Friday night at Irving Schools Stadium.
MacArthur (5-4, 2-3) kept its District 7-5A playoff hopes alive with the victory.
Sims had four runs of at least 40 yards. MacArthur, which never trailed, rushed for 576 yards and threw only two passes. Johnny Haynes finished with 142 yards on eight carries.
South Grand Prairie (4-5, 2-3), No. 20 in SportsDay’s Class 5A area rankings, could have clinched a playoff berth with a win. Sophomore quarterback Jared Johnson led South Grand Prairie with 68 rushing and 245 passing yards.

A Fan
10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
This is not what i was hoping for, but correct me if i'm wrong...if both SGP and IMac win next week the tie breaker goes to IMac and the 4th spot. If SGP wins next week and a IMac lost then SGP gets the 4th spot. I hope i'm correct if so, i'm still pulling for SGP...It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings!

hollywood
10-31-2009, 02:36 PM
This is not what i was hoping for, but correct me if i'm wrong...if both SGP and IMac win next week the tie breaker goes to IMac and the 4th spot. If SGP wins next week and a IMac lost then SGP gets the 4th spot. I hope i'm correct if so, i'm still pulling for SGP...It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings!

I will have to look at it closer but I think SGP would get the 4th spot if they win next week. Realistically the 3rd place team is in good shape as they will get the better matchup with 8-5A whoever it is. That could be Plano.

I had to work last night so I did not see the game in person. Sounds like special teams really stepped up and scored two touchdowns. BUT the defense gave up and unreal number of yards on the ground. So again realistically I will be pleased if this team gets an extra game at all. Had they handled IMAC, they were looking good for being competitive in the playoffs for a game or two. IMAC however exposed the defense. I am still supporting them of course as I bleed red and gold. That said, I have real hopes for next year with the Sophmore QB maturing and some solid juniors returning next year. The underclass has some real talent and I expect SGP to be a much better team in 2010.

hollywood
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
The team was told that if they beat GP this week, they will have to have a coin flip between SGP and Duncanville to see who goes to the playoffs. At first glance this does not make sense because SGP has the tie breaker and SGP and DV would be tied record-wise. HOWEVER. This gets a bit crazy.

DV has played all of its games. 3 district wins.

Both SGP and IMAC have two district wins but each play teams who have 1 win. Head to head we have IMAC beating SGP but losing to DV. SGP beating DV but losing to IMAC. Three way tie for two playoff spots if both SGP and IMAC win this coming week.

Head-to-Head-to-Head
SGP 35 38 __ ___ 73-90
MAC 63 __ 13 ___ 76-56
DVL __ 27 21 ___ 48-51

I D U N N O.

A Fan
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
The team was told that if they beat GP this week, they will have to have a coin flip between SGP and Duncanville to see who goes to the playoffs. At first glance this does not make sense because SGP has the tie breaker and SGP and DV would be tied record-wise. HOWEVER. This gets a bit crazy.

DV has played all of its games. 3 district wins.

Both SGP and IMAC have two district wins but each play teams who have 1 win. Head to head we have IMAC beating SGP but losing to DV. SGP beating DV but losing to IMAC. Three way tie for two playoff spots if both SGP and IMAC win this coming week.

Head-to-Head-to-Head
SGP 35 38 __ ___ 73-90
MAC 63 __ 13 ___ 76-56
DVL __ 27 21 ___ 48-51

I D U N N O.

Okay...now i'm really confused :confused: i though i had it down in my earlier post.

hollywood
11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay...now i'm really confused :confused: i though i had it down in my earlier post.

I have no idea what the tie breakers are let alone what order. I think the three way tie puts it into a whole other deal.

So DV can get in with any of the following:

1) IMAC loses

2) SGP loses

3) SGP wins the game but loses the coin flip

A Fan
11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Good Luck, with the point spread, coin flip, back flip, stand on your head and all that. SGP still has to have a win and were pulling for the Warriors.

hollywood
11-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Worse than not making the playoffs as a result of this weeks game with GP, is 1) After seemingly turning a corner two weeks ago and playing mostly good football SGP regressed over the past two weeks. Not the optimal way to end this season looking forward with some good core talent in 2010. 2) Losing to GP which SGP has dominated for quite some time.

All credit to GP for showing up and outplaying SGP. SGP had two long touchdowns called back in the first half due to penalties and still led the game at half 17-10 and having the ball first in the third quarter. SGP turned the ball over three consecutive times. GP converted on the first two and went for two on the first.

Winning this game would have given SGP an overall 5-5 record and a coin flip for a playoff spot. But it was not to be.

Next year SGP returns some exceptional talent as a core. However, there are huge gaps to be filled and a whole bunch of work to be done.

GP knocks off rival SGP (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/110709dnspogp.436051b.html)

Box Score (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2009&m=11&eventId=188436)

A Fan
11-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry to see that SGP will not make the playoffs, hopefully the returning starters and upcoming players can all gain and learn from this season. It has been a pleasure chatting and learning from a gentleman like you, a man who truly supports his school and community the best of luck in the future and the upcoming season.

A Fan

hollywood
01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
DISTRICT 7-5A All District Selections
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/football/stories/123109dnspoalldist5a.3b0d60a.html)
South Grand Prairie selections:

OFFENSE

RB Demetrius Thompson (Sr.)
OT Orlando Eureste (Sr.)
IWR Candon Myles (Jr.)

Offensive sophomore of the year: Jared Johnson, QB (So.)

DEFENSE

ILB Brian Urban (Sr.)
CB Ricky Pratt (Jr.)

querstions
04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
What are you guys thoughts on this coming season?
Do you think you have potential to make a run?

jimmiemac
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Who is this kid named Roy Robertson? He seems to come from out of nowhere and has an Arkansas offer? Is TCU after him?

hollywood
04-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Rivals :

Kindred Evans (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/recruiting/player-Kindred-Evans-95731) -- 6'6" 215 DE Committed to Texas Tech

Roy Robertson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/recruiting/player-Roy-Robertson-109764) -- 6'5" 240 DE Offers from Texas Tech, Minnesota, Arkansas and UTEP

I feel good about QB Jared Johnson and WRs. Time to get back to an agressive SGP defense. Hope SGP is in the mix and back in the playoffs this coming year.

hollywood
08-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Warriors 38
Vikings 30

SGP prevails over Arlington Lamar in 3 OT (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/post/_/id/1650/south-grand-prairie-38-arlington-lamar-30-3ot)

SGP overcomes shaky start to defeat Arlington Lamar, 38-30, in 3 OT (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/football/stories/082810dnspolamar.980a011b.html)

ARLINGTON – Eddy Peach wasn't in the stands to watch the first game in Arlington Lamar history where he wasn't the head coach.
That was probably a good thing; the ending might have been hard on him.

South Grand Prairie defensive back Cameron Napoleon intercepted a Will Boyette pass on the goal line, giving South Grand Prairie a 38-30 triple-overtime win in Lamar coach Trent Fuller's debut.

It was a frantic ending to a game largely dominated by South Grand Prairie, despite the fact that it didn't take a lead until the final play of the third quarter. In the first overtime, Lamar's Shayne Allen blocked a 32-yard field goal attempt by Jordan (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Jordan) Wiggs. But Lamar's 22-yard field goal attempt clipped off the right upright, extending the game.

After trading touchdowns in the second overtime, South Grand Prairie's quarterback Jared Johnson scored on a six-yard keeper, and converted the two-point conversion to give the Warriors a 38-30 lead.

If not for a terrible start for South Grand Prairie, the game might not have been in doubt.
Fumbles on South Grand Prairie's first two kickoffs gave Lamar easy chances for early scores, and the Vikings capitalized.
Lamar almost flubbed its first chance, trying to switch the field goal team for the offense after a lengthy deliberation. A delay-of-game penalty was called, and Fuller pulled his kicker off the field, instead choosing to roll the dice with his offense on 4th-and-11 from the 19. Will Boyette hit Tracy Smith on a 19-yard touchdown pass, giving Lamar a 7-0 lead.

After the second kickoff fumble gave Lamar the ball at South Grand Prairie's 22, Fuller went with some trickery. Smith hit Brad Bader on a double pass for an 18-yard touchdown two plays later.
But after that, Lamar's offense went stagnant, gaining just 10 yards well into the third quarter.

It allowed Wiggs to chip away Lamar's lead, with his third field goal pulling South Grand Prairie to within one, 17-16, with 3:44 remaining in the third quarter.

Following an interception on Lamar's next drive, South Grand Prairie took its first lead, on a two-yard run by Leonard Aikens at the end of the third quarter.

Lamar looked to take the lead with 4:33 remaining in the game, a 14-yard touchdown from Will Boyette to Tracy Allen tying the score, 23-23. However, the extra point was blocked.

Scoring summary
LAM -- Tracy Smith 19-yard pass from Will Boyette (Conner Curran kick).
LAM -- Brad Bader 18-yard pass from Tracy Smith (Conner Curran kick).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 40-yard field goal.
LAM -- Conner Curran 32-yard field goal.
SGP -- Keonte White 8-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 44-yard field goal.
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 27-yard field goal.
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 2-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
LAM -- Tracy Smith 14-yard pass from Will Boyette (kick failed).
LAM -- Tracy Smith 14-yard pass from Will Boyette (Conner Curran kick).
SGP -- Candon Miles 3-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Jared Johnson 6-yard run (Jared Johnson run).

hollywood
08-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Some videos showing the indoor facilities:

Indoor Facility (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dfMDAgutyQ&feature=fvw)

Weight Room (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_lLBoXmHGY)

hollywood
08-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Sports Day - South Grand Prairie (http://www.dallasnews.com/highschoolsports/south-grand-prairie/) site

Stats and Boxscores.

hollywood
09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Warriors 21
Skeeters 18

South Grand Prairie 21, Mesquite 18 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/grandprairie/southgrandprairie/stories/090410dnsposgp.bc889f2d.html)

GRAND PRAIRIE--Jordan (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Jordan) Wiggs kicked a pair of second-half field goals for South Grand Prairie in a 21-18 non-district win over Mesquite Friday night. Mesquite (0-2) jumped out to a 10-0 lead early in the first quarter as Jake
Lanford threw a touchdown pass to Jordan Bracy, and Jose Salas added a field goal.

South Grand Prairie (2-0) closed to within 10-8 near the end of the first quarter on a 65-yard pass from Jared Johnson to Keonte White. White also ran for a 2-point conversion.
Johnson also ran for a 31-yard touchdown shortly before the half.

Despite being dramatically outgained by South Grand Prairie, Mesquite stayed in the game due to turnovers and penalties.

After the first of Wiggs' two field goals extended South Grand Prairie's lead to 18-10, Mesquite drove down to the South Grand Prairie 2-yard line, where Kavaski Ervin ran for a touchdown on a quarterback keeper, and then ran for the 2-point conversion to tie the game at 18-18.

The second Wiggs field goal, this one from 34 yards, gave South Grand Prairie a 21-18 advantage with 1:52 remaining. After a short kickoff and a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on South Grand Prairie, Mesquite appeared to be on the move at the South Grand Prairie 40 when Brooks Ward intercepted Kavaski Ervin to end the scoring threat and seal the win.

South Grand Prairie was led by Quaze Woods' 155 rushing yards. Mesquite got 48 rushing yards from Michael Jackson (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Michael_Jackson), Jr.

Scoring summary
MESQ -- Jordan Bracy 7-yard pass from Jake Lanford (Jose Salas kick).
MESQ -- Jose Salas 40-yard field goal.
SGP -- Keonte White 65-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Keonte White run).
SGP -- Jared Johnson 31-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 37-yard field goal.MESQ -- Kavaski Ervin 2-yard run (Kavaski Ervin run).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 34-yard field goal.

hollywood
09-09-2010, 09:50 PM
SGP plays North Mesquite this week ...

Joe Bergeron (http://insidetexas.com/football/recruiting/recruit-detail.php?recruit_id=239) ... YIKES!!!

Texas commit is a real hoss.

North Mesquite (http://www.dallasnews.com/highschoolsports/north-mesquite/)

Bergeron has 478 yards on 60 attempts this year in two games. 7.97 per attempt.

hollywood
09-10-2010, 10:20 PM
N. Mesquite 32
SGP 21

North Mesquite 32, South Grand Prairie 21 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/grandprairie/southgrandprairie/stories/091110dnsponmesquite.e004938b.html)

MESQUITE - King Davis completed 6 of 11 passes for 130 yards and two touchdowns to lead North Mesquite to a 32-21 victory over South Grand Prairie in Class 5A non-district action Friday night at Mesquite Memorial Stadium.

Joseph Bergeron, who entered the game leading all area 5A rushers, added 127 yards on 21 carries for North Mesquite (2-1) before sitting out the final quarter.

Byron Campos booted three field goals, including an impressive 46-yarder with just three seconds left in the second quarter that gave North Mesquite a 20-7 lead heading into halftime.

The North Mesquite defense limited South Grand Prairie (2-1), which had amassed a combined 59 points in its first two contests, to just 104 total yards through the first three quarters, including just 27 rushing, before a fourth-quarter charge inflated the Warriors' totals.

North Mesquite appeared to be completely in control after Horace Borders scored on a 9-yard run late in the third quarter to establish a 32-7 lead, but South Grand Prairie battled back in the fourth.

Jared Johnson connected with Leonard Aikens for touchdown passes of 70 and 46 yards to pull South Grand Prairie within 11 points with 2:35 remaining, but the Warriors didn't get the ball back until it was too late.

NMES -- Byron Campos 32-yard field goal.
NMES -- Dezmin Lewis 11-yard pass from King Davis (Byron Campos kick).
NMES -- Chris Butler 51-yard pass from King Davis (Byron Campos kick).
SGP -- Louis Dailey 20-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
NMES -- Byron Campos 46-yard field goal.NMES -- Byron Campos 21-yard field goal.
NMES -- Darik Walker safety, tackled ball carrier in end zone.
NMES -- Horace Borders 9-yard run (Byron Campos kick).
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 70-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Keonte White from Jared Johnson).
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 46-yard pass from Jared Johnson (kick failed).

hollywood
09-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks like Tray Allen will be red-shirting this year for Texas to heal up from his injury. Back for his Sr year next year ...

hollywood
09-24-2010, 11:31 PM
SGP 17
Midlothian 14

South Grand Prairie 17, Midlothian 14 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/grandprairie/southgrandprairie/stories/092510dnsposgp.12846f693.html)

South Grand Prairie (3-1, 1-0) scored on a fourth-and-6 pass late in the fourth quarter to defeat Midlothian (2-2, 0-1).

The winning score came on a 27-yard touchdown pass from Jared Johnson to Temorris Hamilton.

Midlothian controlled the pace of the game, but South Grand Prairie was able to capitalize on Panthers mistakes - including two interceptions – and a 38-yard field goal by Jordan (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Jordan) Wiggs.

Midlothian quarterback Dillon Fairbanks threw for 121 yards in the game, including a 52 yard touchdown strike.

Scoring summary
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 38-yard field goal.
MIDL -- Nathan Fisher 52-yard pass from Dillon Fairbanks (kick blocked).
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 17-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
MIDL -- Justin Seeton 35-yard pass from Dillon Fairbanks (kick failed).
MIDL -- safety, ball fumbled out of end zone.
SGP -- Temorris Hamilton 27-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).

longhorn3
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
wish i would have had that weight room when i was there back in the 80's...wonder who paid for that? how are the warriors looking this year?

hollywood
09-29-2010, 06:43 PM
wish i would have had that weight room when i was there back in the 80's...wonder who paid for that? how are the warriors looking this year?

Don't we all. Both Grand Prairie and SGP had indoor facilities built. As part of the deal the schools also had additions made to their schools as well. SGP had an entire Science wing added. Very nice. So the improvements were both Academic and Althletic. Assuming GP did the same or similar. I am sure homeowners footed the bill.

The Warriors are doing just ok. 3-1, 1-0 in district. I still see them as under achieving. Punting and kickoff returns have been a problem. The kickoff returns have improved. Kickoff and FGs are good. Kicker Jordan Wiggs is very good, following in his brothers footsteps. Defense is better than I expected. It always seems to be. I am very cool with that. So there must be some good coaching in that area anyway. Jared Johnson at QB is pretty good. He has a good arm and he can run. Looking for them to open up the offense a little more. That will help the short game. From my view SGP tends to shoot themselves in the foot way too much with penalties.

hollywood
10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Mansfield 24
SGP 22

Mansfield holds on to defeat SGP, 24-22 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/grandprairie/southgrandprairie/stories/100210dnspomansfield.2b1bc6b.html)

MANSFIELD – Mansfield was challenged by South Grand Prairie in the first half Friday night at R.L. Anderson Stadium and admittedly did not have a response.

But the Tigers answered every challenge in the second half and were able to escape with a 24-22 victory after a failed two-point conversion attempt by South Grand Prairie in the final minutes.

"We just didn't have the motivation to do what we had to do," Mansfield quarterback Jerod Evans said of the first half. "And it's like coach said – third quarter, fourth quarter is ours. We're going to put our will on them."

Evans helped Mansfield (5-0, 2-0 District 5-5A) erase a six-point halftime deficit by throwing both of his touchdown passes in the second half, including a hitch-and-go to Gary Davis for a 34-yard touchdown in the third quarter.

But the biggest play for Mansfield came on defense, when Chad Whitener intercepted a South Grand Prairie pass with the Tigers clinging to a 21-16 lead in the fourth quarter.

South Grand Prairie (3-2, 1-1) held Mansfield to a field goal after the turnover and had a chance to tie after Jared Johnson hit wide-open Louis Dailey for a 27-yard TD with 1:35 left.

But the Warriors could not come up with a diving catch in the end zone on the two-point conversion try.

Scoring summary
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 32-yard field goal.
MANS -- Damon Bullock 1-yard run (Alex Alkhazshvilly kick).
SGP -- Jared Johnson 11-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 32-yard field goal.
MANS -- Gary Davis 34-yard pass from Jerod Evans (Alex Alkhazshvilly kick).
SGP -- Jordan Wiggs 43-yard field goal.
MANS -- Matt Hardy 6-yard pass from Jerod Evans (Alex Alkhazshvilly kick).
MANS -- Alex Alkhazshvilly 39-yard field goal.
SGP -- Louis Dailey 27-yard pass from Jared Johnson (pass failed).

hollywood
10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
SGP 55
Timberview 0

South Grand Prairie 55, Mansfield Timberview 0 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/grandprairie/southgrandprairie/stories/100910dnsposgp.170aea2b5.html)

Game Notables and Highlights
GRAND PRAIRIE�Jared Johnson rushed for 212 yards and a score and passed for four more as South Grand Prairie dominated Mansfield Timberrview in a District 5-5A meeting at The Gopher-Warrior Bowl.

South Grand Prairie (4-2, 2-1) marched 66 yards in three plays and went ahead 7-0 with 9:54 remaining in the first quarter when Johnson passed 18 yards to Keonte White.

South Grand Prairie marched 50 yards in two plays on its next series and went ahead 14-0 with 6:45 remaining in the first quarter when Leonard Aikens scored on a 43 yard run.

South Grand Prairie went ahead 21-0 with 4:45 remaining in the first quarter when Johnson passed 15 yards to Louis Dailey.

The South Grand Prairie defense dominated throughout. Cameron Napoleon intercepted two Timberview passes.

Mansfield Timberview (0-6, 0-3) rushed for only 74 yards on 34 carries and the offense never recorded a play in the red zone.

South Grand Prairie rushed 43 times for 430 yards and amassed 499 total yards. Aikens rushed nine times for 121 yards.

Charles Taylor led Timberview with 150 yards passing.

Scoring summary
SGP -- Keonte White 18-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 43-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Louis Dailey 15-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Keonte White 14-yard pass from Jared Johnson (kick failed).
SGP -- Louis Dailey 25-yard pass from Jared Johnson (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Jared Johnson 70-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Leonard Aikens 14-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).
SGP -- Marquintin Grant 7-yard run (Jordan Wiggs kick).

hollywood
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Duncanville 43
SGP 28

hollywood
10-22-2010, 11:46 PM
SGP 41
Mansfield Legacy 24

hollywood
10-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Cedar Hill 28
SGP 23

Heartbreaker ... SGP lead by 16-0 end of the first.

powerofthehaka
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Cedar Hill 28
SGP 23

Heartbreaker ... SGP lead by 16-0 end of the first.

Are we going to get to renew our rivalry????

hollywood
10-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Are we going to get to renew our rivalry????

A win against CHILL would have clinched it. SGP let this one get away. CHILL one it with 1:23 left. Anyway, by my calculation a win against GP next week should put SGP in and likely then face ET in the first round.
If SGP has to face a top team in round one I am happy it is Trinity.

hollywood
10-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Hollywood, thanks! I did attend the game, my first this year. SGP put the ball on the carpet 3 times, w/ Hill returning one for a TD. SGP put 16 on the board (one block punt) real quick in the 1st qt. CHill kicking game, punts, extra points and kickoffs is down right bad, the worst I've ever seen following this team. If this area doesn't improve, it will be a quick exit in the playoffs. Both defenses play great in the second half, with the final TD being score on 4th down on the 4 yard line, after SGP block the FG attempt on 4th down and was call offsides. Still with 1:47 left in the game SGP broke off a long run and a couple of pass interference calls put SGP on the 14 yard line with four shots at the end zone, Hill took over on downs w/ 24 seconds left. I have always enjoy games at the bowl, the people are great and what a venue for games. Hollywood, I don't think you guys are out of yet, if you end up with the same record as Midlothian, I think that puts you in, because you guys beat them.

Copied the above from the CHILL thread. Thought the recap worthy of saving here.

hollywood
10-30-2010, 01:25 PM
With Midlothian losing to Timberview, I think that SGP is in with a win over GP. Then Trinity in round one. Might as well play the best!! Always loved the ET vs. SGP games. Great fans on both sides. The teams having a tradition of smash mouth football ... awesome

hollywood
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
SGP 50
GP 7

Playoffs. Euless Trinity.

GRAND PRAIRIE South Grand Prairie (6-4, 4-3) clinched a playoff spot after Quaze Woods ran for 201 yards in a 50-7 win over Grand Prairie (2-8, 0-7) Friday night.

Woods’ 90-yard touchdown run to in the third quarter was the second play from scrimmage in the half.

South Grand Prairie quarterback Jared Johnson threw for 188 yards and three touchdowns including a 29-yarder to Keonte White to go up 14-0 in the first quarter.

Johnson ran for another touchdown in the next possession. South Grand Prairie ran for 365 yards.

CHill
11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
SGP 50
GP 7

Playoffs. Euless Trinity.

GRAND PRAIRIE South Grand Prairie (6-4, 4-3) clinched a playoff spot after Quaze Woods ran for 201 yards in a 50-7 win over Grand Prairie (2-8, 0-7) Friday night.

Woods’ 90-yard touchdown run to in the third quarter was the second play from scrimmage in the half.

South Grand Prairie quarterback Jared Johnson threw for 188 yards and three touchdowns including a 29-yarder to Keonte White to go up 14-0 in the first quarter.

Johnson ran for another touchdown in the next possession. South Grand Prairie ran for 365 yards.

Congrats SGP, will be pulling for you next week.

beauxman
11-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Grats guys! Hope you can pull the upset like you did 5 years ago.

hollywood
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Grats guys! Hope you can pull the upset like you did 5 years ago.

Thanks my friend. A real David and Goliath story this is. The boys are really psyched to be playing next week. All I can say is that I am confident they will leave it all out on the field.

hollywood
11-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Trinity vs SGP Fri Nov 12 7:30 PM Birdville FAAC (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=220)

DPaul
11-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Congrats on making the playoffs.

A Fan
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Congrats to SGP football team on making the playoffs. The best of luck in your 1st round against Trinty. Get on top and never look back!

hollywood
11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Congrats to SGP football team on making the playoffs. The best of luck in your 1st round against Trinty. Get on top and never look back!

Thank you much!! Great advice. Best of luck to you all as well against L.D. Bell.

hollywood
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
http://sgpfootball.org/images/banner_logo.gif (http://sgpfootball.org/index.html)

hollywood
11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Trinity 36
SGP 16

SGP 06 Alumni
12-23-2010, 09:28 PM
well been a long time since ive been to this forum... hello Warrior and Hollywood!

hollywood
02-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Now waiting to see who is named the new SGP Head Coach. Mike Lawrence is the interim HC. This was his first year with SGP and was the Defensive Coordinator. Mike has 19 years coaching experience and seems to be very qualified in his own right for this position. However GPISD may be hell bent on going outside.

Rob Davies was only the fourth HC for SGP in its history. This will be the third HC since 2006. The program was just now recovering from the last change. That said 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 is a four year period. The drop off from 2005/2006 was there. 2008 had a good defense but horrible offense. Special teams once a strength benefited from an outstanding place kicker but not up to standards otherwise. SGP was always playing catchup through the year, seemingly not well prepared for the season. This past year was much better in that regard but the offense took quite a while to take advantage of a high quality dual threat QB. No doubt an over simplification on my part all the way around. Hoping this coaching change does not negatively impact this QBs senior year where he should really show what he can do. It of course starts on the line and having the receivers. A running game would be nice to go along with it but it does not have to be spectacular to complement the what the QB brings to the table. All that said, to me SGP football starts with the D.

Now the wait.

hollywood
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Kindred Evans to Texas Tech (http://www.doubletnation.com/2010/6/22/1526838/recruiting-on-the-high-plains-de)

hollywood
02-05-2011, 04:49 PM
DeWayne Peace to Houston (http://www.examiner.com/college-football-in-houston/blinn-college-wide-receiver-dewayne-peace-headed-to-houston)

hollywood
02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Roy Roberson -- UTEP (http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/179002)

Jordan Wiggs -- Stephen F Austin

hollywood
02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Expecting to hear the announcement of the new SGP HC early next week.

hollywood
03-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Brent Whitson from Richardson:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-...football-coach

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1195615

chhspantherfan
05-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Hey Hollywood and the rest of the Warrior faithful, CONGRATULATIONS to SGP standout Malcolm Williams.

__________________________________________________ _______________

South Grand Prairie ex Malcolm Williams, who did not start in two years at TCU as a defensive back after transferring from Trinity Valley Community College, was taken in the seventh round by the Patriots.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/30/3040169/tcus-cannon-feels-blessed-after.html#ixzz1L6TxDHIu

hollywood
05-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey Hollywood and the rest of the Warrior faithful, CONGRATULATIONS to SGP standout Malcolm Williams.

__________________________________________________ _______________

South Grand Prairie ex Malcolm Williams, who did not start in two years at TCU as a defensive back after transferring from Trinity Valley Community College, was taken in the seventh round by the Patriots.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/30/3040169/tcus-cannon-feels-blessed-after.html#ixzz1L6TxDHIu

A thousands thanks amigo. I confess I was planning on checking the draft results today to see if Malcolm got drafted. I actually expected him to walk on somewhere. He is one of my all time favorite players. This is beyond awesome. I am thrilled for him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/04/30/patriots_take_tcu_special_teamer_malcolm_williams/

Malcolm has always been a tremendous athlete. He got his shot now. This is has been his dream.

chhspantherfan
05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
A thousands thanks amigo. I confess I was planning on checking the draft results today to see if Malcolm got drafted. I actually expected him to walk on somewhere. He is one of my all time favorite players. This is beyond awesome. I am thrilled for him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/04/30/patriots_take_tcu_special_teamer_malcolm_williams/

Malcolm has always been a tremendous athlete. He got his shot now. This is has been his dream.

We really enjoyed his two years at TCU, one of the best non-starters in the country last year. He played in all 13 games and made big special team plays throughout the year. Going to the Pats will give the mad scientist bellicheck a great player to play all over the field. Congrats again to Malcolm.

sgp3
05-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Man that was a blessing to see that young man get drafted. SGP has alot of talent walk the halls over the past years and I would say he is the best of the best. Congrats to the Williams family.

We really enjoyed his two years at TCU, one of the best non-starters in the country last year. He played in all 13 games and made big special team plays throughout the year. Going to the Pats will give the mad scientist bellicheck a great player to play all over the field. Congrats again to Malcolm.

E-Vol-ution
05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Now waiting to see who is named the new SGP Head Coach. Mike Lawrence is the interim HC. This was his first year with SGP and was the Defensive Coordinator. Mike has 19 years coaching experience and seems to be very qualified in his own right for this position. However GPISD may be hell bent on going outside.

Rob Davies was only the fourth HC for SGP in its history. This will be the third HC since 2006. The program was just now recovering from the last change. That said 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 is a four year period. The drop off from 2005/2006 was there. 2008 had a good defense but horrible offense. Special teams once a strength benefited from an outstanding place kicker but not up to standards otherwise. SGP was always playing catchup through the year, seemingly not well prepared for the season. This past year was much better in that regard but the offense took quite a while to take advantage of a high quality dual threat QB. No doubt an over simplification on my part all the way around. Hoping this coaching change does not negatively impact this QBs senior year where he should really show what he can do. It of course starts on the line and having the receivers. A running game would be nice to go along with it but it does not have to be spectacular to complement the what the QB brings to the table. All that said, to me SGP football starts with the D.

Now the wait.

SGP got a very good all around athlete with my nephew moving in from Georgia........wr/db/kick return and kicker (lived in Mayorga, Spain for a couple of years). Guys on the team snatched him up already (good sign).......I expect him to do well.

chhspantherfan
05-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Man that was a blessing to see that young man get drafted. SGP has alot of talent walk the halls over the past years and I would say he is the best of the best. Congrats to the Williams family.

I understand his wife and he are expecting their second child. He deserves this shot !

"They don't make a lot of stupid moves," Patterson said of the Patriots, who also selected Cannon in the fifth round. "Malcolm is a great athlete, he just played behind a really good corner in Jason Teague. He, more than anybody else epitomizes what this place is all about. The guy that was a backup could go get drafted. It's cool that that's happened."
Teague was not drafted but he and four or five other Frogs are likely to find spots at NFL camps.
Williams, the Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year after his senior season at South Grand Prairie High School, was recruited by Oklahoma, but because of academic issues, found himself working at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport when the coach at Trinity Valley Community College called. He starred on special teams for the last two seasons at TCU and was a backup safety in 2009 and backup cornerback in 2010.
Williams impressed scouts with his speed (4.4-second 40-yard dash) and athletic ability (40-inch vertical jump) during a pro day at TCU in March.
"My pro day was the key to the whole thing," he said. "I knew going into my senior year I wasn't going to start over Jason Teague. I thought maybe I'll get a shot. And I got a shot."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/05/03/3044754/tcu-reserve-gets-call-in-nfl-draft.html#ixzz1LInPKtZz

hollywood
05-13-2011, 10:07 AM
SGP got a very good all around athlete with my nephew moving in from Georgia........wr/db/kick return and kicker (lived in Mayorga, Spain for a couple of years). Guys on the team snatched him up already (good sign).......I expect him to do well.

Great news!! With Jordan Wiggs graduating they need a kicker. SGP is sitting very good at QB IMO. Need some WRs to step it up. When SGP plays well, it starts with the D. Special teams have fallen off so all around athletes are needed there for sure. Let me know his number. You can PM me.

hollywood
05-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I understand his wife and he are expecting their second child. He deserves this shot !

"They don't make a lot of stupid moves," Patterson said of the Patriots, who also selected Cannon in the fifth round. "Malcolm is a great athlete, he just played behind a really good corner in Jason Teague. He, more than anybody else epitomizes what this place is all about. The guy that was a backup could go get drafted. It's cool that that's happened."
Teague was not drafted but he and four or five other Frogs are likely to find spots at NFL camps.
Williams, the Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year after his senior season at South Grand Prairie High School, was recruited by Oklahoma, but because of academic issues, found himself working at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport when the coach at Trinity Valley Community College called. He starred on special teams for the last two seasons at TCU and was a backup safety in 2009 and backup cornerback in 2010.
Williams impressed scouts with his speed (4.4-second 40-yard dash) and athletic ability (40-inch vertical jump) during a pro day at TCU in March.
"My pro day was the key to the whole thing," he said. "I knew going into my senior year I wasn't going to start over Jason Teague. I thought maybe I'll get a shot. And I got a shot."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/05/03/3044754/tcu-reserve-gets-call-in-nfl-draft.html#ixzz1LInPKtZz

Malcolm is a football player. It is what he should be doing at this stage of his life. All I can say is while sports have come rather easy to him, he did not have a lot of the advantages that many others have had. He persevered. I was thrilled when he went to TCU. This is just awesome. He still has to make the roster, but he got his shot. I checked on his pro day and no surprise he can elevate with the best of them. I think there is a good chance he makes it on special teams and later has a shot at the nichel. For sure he is a Warrior. Congrats to them on their second little one. I bet his wife is more than pleased with him being drafted. Hope she likes the cold weather up there. 8-) Wow. Patriots. Not bad.

hollywood
05-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Dude!! How are you? You are so right, a real blessing. Very proud for him and the Warrior family.

Hope Will is doing well. He wore that #3 as well. ;)

E-Vol-ution
05-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Great news!! With Wiggs graduating they need a kicker. SGP is sitting very good at QB IMO. Need some WRs to step it up. When SGP playes well, it starts with the D. Special teams have fallen off so all around athletes are needed there.

SGP also gained a loud Uncle that will be definitely in the crowd......:D

hollywood
05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
SGP also gained a loud Uncle that will be definitely in the crowd......:D

Welcome sir!

E-Vol-ution
05-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Pretty good Spring game.
SGP will do well IMO.....defense looks very good.

hollywood
05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Pretty good Spring game.
SGP will do well IMO.....defense looks very good.

Always love to hear that.

E-Vol-ution
05-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Always love to hear that.

Yeah, I would have felt a little awkward yelling out "Hollywooooooooood" with all of those people I didn't know there.:D

hollywood
05-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I would have felt a little awkward yelling out "Hollywooooooooood" with all of those people I didn't know there.:D

I was not there. My name can start parties. :D

I have season tickets for the home games and travel to many if not all of the away games. When the season kicks off we should track each other down.

hollywood
07-17-2011, 10:40 PM
nm

E-Vol-ution
07-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Jared Johnson to Baylor (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/tag/_/name/jared-johnson)

Heir apparent to Griffin. Nice choice for Jared and for Baylor. Very glad to see Jared staying in Texas.

Seems like the home teams in Texas are stacking up again..........that's good for overall quality for sure.
Baylor's looking good.

hollywood
08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=6509359nm

hollywood
08-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Ex-SGP star Tray Allen, after missing last season to a dropped dumbbell, seeks 1st start for UT (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20110806-ex-sgp-star-tray-allen-after-missing-last-season-to-a-dropped-dumbbell-seeks-1st-start-for-ut.ece)

hollywood
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Jared Johnson Junior Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6YOJEKzEo)

hollywood
08-24-2011, 01:38 AM
SGP Running Back Leonard Aikens commits to Ole Miss (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/south-grand-prairie-news/headlines/20110820-sgp-running-back-leonard-aikens-commits-to-ole-miss.ece)

hollywood
08-27-2011, 06:23 PM
SGP 26 Lamar 24 (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/27/3317148/late-fg-lifts-sgp-past-lamar.html)

A very ugly win. My first impressions are that there was a lot of over coaching going on. Yeah first game of the season and first game for new coaching staff. And yeah putting in a new system takes years.

Play calling, especially late in the 2nd quarter was beyond frustrating.

The most exasperating thing however was on defense. We are used to a much more attacking defense that is usaully the best in the district. It was a 3 - 4 with all but the fornt three laying way back. That can work if the LBs are aggressive. Lamar played pitch and catch until late in the game when seemingly reality set in and SGP decided to send some pressure. I guess this is a bend but don't break philosophy. Keep it all in front of you. Avoid the big play. Ok maybe. That feels like a don't lose tactic as opposed to a win it tactic. It is all in the excution. Perhaps the thinking was that the offense will be strong and put up some serious points. 4th down was a sure thing for Lamar no matter the distance. With no pressure these were easily picked up. Sending a LB / DB on most if not all downs might be a nice compromise here. Maybe an occasional 4 -3.

One cannot help but think this would have been a one sided contest had 1) there been an effort to be more agressive on defense and 2) made better decisions on offensive play calling.

It appears that even after changing coaching staffs there is still a little too much thrill in the long snap. I trust that will be worked out.

Special teams looked good. They needed to be. A 44 yard late FG salvaged a win. But in genral the special teams looked tha best they have in a few years.

Ok, so a win. But is was very ugly. So was last years first game. This SGP QB is way too good however to squander. Need to see big improvements the next two week to be ready for disrict play.

sgp3
08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Hello Hollywood, I heard the game was not a thing of beatuy but a win is a win. Hopefully I will be able to catch some of SGP games this year. Thanks for asking about Will he doing well in his third year of college at WKU he wearing #36 now they will be on ESPNU on thurday against UK. As far the rest of 2009 class that have the best defense in the area. Joey Seracy #40 he at Navrrao and his commit to Baylor for next year. Thomas Ferguson #4 is still at KSU he should staring safty for them this year. Dewayne Peace#19 is at UofH playing wideout still. Radnall Dent #90 is still at KU he got move to OL. Pat Nowkpara has left the UT football team due some issue I want disclose but he still in school. Those are some the guys still going from the 2009 class which I went through alot and still made impact on the Warrior program.

hollywood
08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
SGP3. Great hearing from you. Yeah a win is a win for sure. There is some good talent on the team.

The SGP kicking game seems very good. Good distance on kickoffs with good coverage. Same for punts. The FG kicker hit a 44 yard FG that won the game late. Special teams have improved from the past couple of years. That bodes very well. Kudos to the coaches for that.

Thanks for the update on the players. I will definitley be watching Thursday night.

hollywood
09-23-2011, 11:01 PM
SGP 45 Midlotian 24 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=196290&Sport=1&Season=2011)

22quickpitch
09-25-2011, 01:49 PM
SGP3. Great hearing from you. Yeah a win is a win for sure. There is some good talent on the team.

The SGP kicking game seems very good. Good distance on kickoffs with good coverage. Same for punts. The FG kicker hit a 44 tard FG that won the game late. Special teams have improved from the past couple of years. That bodes very well. Kudos to the coaches for that.

Thanks for the update on the players. I will definitley be watching Thursday night.

The kicking game can mean so much for a team and it looks like SGP is off to a good start in district with a win over Midlothian. The coverage aspect comes down to alot of "want to" by the fresh legs and especially with the kicking game success breeds success. I have not followed SGP too much since 1999 but Eddlemon's at the Golf Course is still a favorite "pre-game meal" stop. Good Luck this season. A 40+ yard FG kicker is a great weapon to have in your arsenal.

hollywood
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
The kicking game can mean so much for a team and it looks like SGP is off to a good start in district with a win over Midlothian. The coverage aspect comes down to alot of "want to" by the fresh legs and especially with the kicking game success breeds success. I have not followed SGP too much since 1999 but Eddlemon's at the Golf Course is still a favorite "pre-game meal" stop. Good Luck this season. A 40+ yard FG kicker is a great weapon to have in your arsenal.

Very pleased to get that first district win. Much to work on in the passing game on both sides of the ball. Very used to an attacking defense. Thanks for your insight and good wishes.

CHill
10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Good luck tonight SGP fans, looking for another close game with you all. I hav'nt had the oppty to follow you this season, how is the new coaching staff and r you in the playoff hunt? Looking forward to seeing what the team looks like tonight.

hollywood
01-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Former SGP warrior football player, Malcolm Williams will be playing in the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots #41 Way to go Malcolm!

chhspantherfan
01-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Former SGP warrior football player, Malcolm Williams will be playing in the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots #41 Way to go Malcolm!

you beat me to it! great article in DMN this morning about his family and the struggles of the NFL.

hollywood
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
you beat me to it! great article in DMN this morning about his family and the struggles of the NFL.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=150105

Wow. Contacted on Christmas Eve.

chhspantherfan
01-29-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=150105

Wow. Contacted on Christmas Eve.

great story. Patriots are really good at these roster moves thru the year. The long haired LB/ST also has been through a bunch of cuts and recalls. I would ask why that seems strange since the Cowboys don't do this a lot with individual players, but then again, the Cowboys aren't in the Super Bowl:)

Congrats to this FAMILY. They all have sacrificed and share in a dream of making it to the league. I have a feeling that M. Williams will make his mark and it will be a compelling story to follow.

By the way, the first encounter that I ever had with SGP was in 1975 and y'all beat us (Everman Bulldogs) in an EPIC basketball game played WAY OUT by the new airport at this college campus looking HS called Trinity. Phil Hale was SGP's star and Jesse Kemp was Everman's star. Actually, we had a cast of Kemp, Renfro, Daniels, Polk, and little Kemp that should have won it all but Hale shot lights out that night and we went home with a bunch of coulda, woulda, shoulda feelings.

When my Frogs recruited Malcolm out of Trinity Valley, I believe that I shared with you how excited that I was. It is awesome to have connections to him and his schools and I wish him the very best.

hollywood
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
District 7

CEDAR HILL HS

DESOTO HS

DUNCANVILLE HS

GRAND PRAIRIE HS

MANSFIELD HS

MANSFIELD TIMBERVIEW HS

MIDLOTHIAN HS

SOUTH GRAND PRAIRIE HS

-----------------------------

DeSoto added into the mix. Timberview had an incredible year last year. Miss that attacking SGP defense. Let's see how the new regime does in their 2nd year in a district that just got tougher.

hollywood
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Malcolm Williams #41 CB N.E. Patriots (http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/03/12/Pats-DB-goes-from-TCU-bench-to-Super-Bow/landing.html?blockID=659030&feedID=4519)

My favorite SGP Warrior #3

sgp3
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
What going on at SGP with the football team now days?

hollywood
08-31-2012, 11:18 PM
SGP 54
Lamar 34

Opening games always seem crazy to me. SGP looks to have more talent this year than last.

Offense looks pretty good.

The QB Elijah Wright is impressive, albeit just game one. He shows good poise, reasonable agility, a strong and accurate arm and is a threat to keep the ball. He went 8-12 with 217 yards passing and 10 rushes for 48 yards. Those were all quality yards to help move the chains. Laquinten Bailey rushed 17 times for 232 yards. 599 in total offense. Lots of big plays. Louis Dailey was 6 catches for 190 yards.

Well the defense seems improved over last year which was a must. There looks to be talent here as well. They look better when they are agressive than when they sit back and play catch. Hard to get used to when SGP has had such outstanding defenses in recent years. It is early yet so we shall see.

Lets just say there needs to be improvement on special teams. Actually this may not be pervasive. It may just be opening night jitters for a few.

All in all a pretty good night with room to get much better.

Oh and I love the new uniforms. SGP was in black with gold timmed red numbers. Nice.

BOXSCORE

http://gilbertfamilypics.smugmug.com/Football2012/Varsity/Varsity-vs-Arlington-Lamar/i-js2LtGW/0/M/DSC0678-M.jpg
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222218&Sport=1&SearchDate=08/31/2012&Season=)

hollywood
08-31-2012, 11:45 PM
Hey sgp3. It was the best opening night in some time. How is that son of yours doing these days?

sgp3
09-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Th
Hey sgp3. It was the best opening night is some time. How is that son of yours doing these days?

Hey that good to hear, I heard they played well they good get hear it time to bring the FEAR SPEAR back. He doing well he on track to graduate in MAY with one year left to play. Thanks for asking. Just a quick update on the 09 class Fegurson is still a KSTATE, DENT is still a KU, Peace is Houston, Morris is at Texas A@M Commerce, Searcy is a D@ school in Oklahoma, my son is still at WKU. I might come out and check the SGP out when they play Desoto.

JagFan
09-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi guys. I was on the SGP High School webpage and noticed that it says you are playing @Flower Mound Marcus this Friday. You are coming to Flower Mound High School. Would hate for your fans to end up at a dark stadium.

I was trying to see were the JV were playing. At the High School correct?

hollywood
09-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi guys. I was on the SGP High School webpage and noticed that it says you are playing @Flower Mound Marcus this Friday. You are coming to Flower Mound High School. Would hate for your fans to end up at a dark stadium.

I was trying to see were the JV were playing. At the High School correct?

Ok I am not going to be travelling to the game this week. But yes I hear you. Thank you.
Per the SGP Booster Club the JV is playing tonight at SGP High School itself. Not the Gopher / Warrior Bowl.

SGP Booster Club -- SGP Schedules (http://www.sgpfootball.org/GameSchedules.html)

So what I gather is that the Varsity Game is to be at Neal Wilson Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=265#.UEk-oURTueY)

Stadiums (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/region_index.php?Region=4#.UElAIERTueY)

hollywood
09-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey that good to hear, I heard they played well they good get hear it time to bring the FEAR SPEAR back. He doing well he on track to graduate in MAY with one year left to play. Thanks for asking. Just a quick update on the 09 class Fegurson is still a KSTATE, DENT is still a KU, Peace is Houston, Morris is at Texas A@M Commerce, Searcy is a D@ school in Oklahoma, my son is still at WKU. I might come out and check the SGP out when they play Desoto.

Great to hear about your son doing so well. Also thank you for the update on those other players.

Looking forward to seeing some improvement on the return side of special teams. I think this is just some needed confidence on the returner. He may need some more reps is all. Openng night jitters. So we shall see. An opportunity for improvement. No one coughed up the ball. The offense did pretty well even with not the greatest field position a few times. They got a quality turnover on a punt that helped set the tone for the game that gave SGP a 21-0 lead.

Got my eye on the defense. Hoping for a little more agression but that is just me. They have a win under their belts so can't complain. We did see them tighten up after a while. They got some turn overs.

Offense .... hard to critisize off of this game. Very impressed with the QB. I think we just need to see if they can spread the football around as opponents will try to take away what worked this week no doubt. The QB Elijah Wright got hit pretty good. Got up and lost his lunch for a spell. Figured he would come out, but on the very next play he throws a bullet right on the numbers for a score.
Have not seen that since SLCs Mckelvey a few years back.

This district has the potential to be one of the tougher ones in Texas. With Desota added making the playoffs means even more.

hollywood
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
nm

hollywood
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Pictures from Lamar Game ->> Gilbert Family Pics

http://gilbertfamilypics.smugmug.com/Football2012/Varsity/Varsity-vs-Arlington-Lamar/i-CMK3DG7/0/M/DSC0107-M.jpg
(http://gilbertfamilypics.smugmug.com/Football2012/Varsity/Varsity-vs-Arlington-Lamar/25144711_9Q7mK3#!i=2061889462&k=djZZgLq)

JagFan
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Ok I am not going to be travelling to the game this week. But yes I hear you. Thank you.
Per the SGP Booster Club the JV is playing tonight at SGP High School itself. Not the Gopher / Warrior Bowl.

SGP Booster Club -- SGP Schedules (http://www.sgpfootball.org/GameSchedules.html)

So what I gather is that the Varsity Game is to be at Neal Wilson Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=265#.UEk-oURTueY)

Stadiums (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/region_index.php?Region=4#.UElAIERTueY)

You are correct. The varsity game will be played at Neal E. Wilson Stadium.

hollywood
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
FM 28
SGP 21

Did not go to the game but followed thr play by play on hsgametime. From just a statistical viewpoint the difference in the game was the result of a field position advantage Flower Mound was bale to press into a blocked punt when SGP had to punt out of their end zone which resulted in a score.

SGP scored in the opening seconds of the 4th quarter to move within 28 - 21 and had two good opportunities to tie tha game in the last quarter. A fumble on one of those drives stopped them cold.

Running game seemed to be there but passing fell off to 33% and two interceptions.

Closely contested game. Just have to look at this one as a non-dsitrict game to build on. Bailey added 120 yards rusning to his 232 from last week. Not bad. 352 after two games.

Travelling to Martin next week. That game will tell much.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222129&Sport=1&SearchDate=09/07/2012&Season=)

JagFan
09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
FM 28
SGP 21

Did not go to the game but followed thr play by play on hsgametime. From just a statistical viewpoint the difference in the game was the result of a field position advantage Flower Mound was bale to press into a blocked punt when SGP had to punt out of their end zone which resulted in a score.

SGP scored in the opening seconds of the 4th quarter to move within 28 - 21 and had two good opportunities to tie tha game in the last quarter. A fumble on one of those drives stopped them cold.

Running game seemed to be there but passing fell off to 33% and two interceptions.

Closely contested game. Just have to look at this one as a non-dsitrict game to build on. Bailey added 120 yards rusning to his 232 from last week. Not bad. 352 after two games.

Travelling to Martin next week. That game will tell much.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222129&Sport=1&SearchDate=09/07/2012&Season=)

Good game last night. Very classy thing you all do by going over and standing as the other team band plays their school song. I will look forward to seeing what SGP does the rest of the year.

Agree it was very closely contested and had me biting my fingernails the whole 4th quarter. Love games like that, that go until the end.

hollywood
09-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Good game last night. Very classy thing you all do by going over and standing as the other team band plays their school song. I will look forward to seeing what SGP does the rest of the year.

Agree it was very closely contested and had me biting my fingernails the whole 4th quarter. Love games like that, that go until the end.

Appreciate the comments. Good luck to Flower Mound the rest of the way.

hollywood
09-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Martin 24
SGP 21

In three OTs.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222219&Sport=1&Season=)

CHill
09-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Martin 24
SGP 21

In three OTs.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222219&Sport=1&Season=)

Even in a loss, alot of good will come from this game. Martin almost upset Skyline last week and took three OTs to beat SGP. The way I see it; SGP is back and will make district 7-5A that much more tougher. Congrats SGP!

hollywood
09-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Even in a loss, alot of good will come from this game. Martin almost upset Skyline last week and took three OTs to beat SGP. The way I see it; SGP is back and will make district 7-5A that much more tougher. Congrats SGP!

I totally agree. Thanks for the reply. Still a heartbreaker though. SGP was leading in OT. Martin had a 4th and 6 in a sudden death situation and to their credit made 7 yards. SGP had plenty of opportunities to win this one. Anyway, sorry I missed this one for sure.

Wow. 7-5A is going to be one of the toughest districts in the state. Should be fun.

ftblfan
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
The SGP defense kept them in the game. The offense struggled some in the beginning but the defense held them. Don't sleep on the SGP D-Line. Those boys came to play!

hollywood
09-16-2012, 01:30 PM
The SGP defense kept them in the game. The offense struggled some in the beginning but the defense held them. Don't sleep on the SGP D-Line. Those boys came to play!

To look at the defensive line you would expect them to be very stout. The defense last year was not very good. Now I say that knowing that last year was this coaching staffs first year. I also realize that SGP fans have been spoiled with some of the better defenses in the DFW area. 2005, 2006 and 2008 were outstanding, but in general SGP has relied on an attacking defense in the recent past. They have looked better this year but the offense looked to be the strength out of the gate. If indeed the defense is starting to get it together then maybe they can get into the mix and not be shoved aside by a very strong 7-5A.

One thing I will give much credit to is that prior to last year SGP made a habit for a few years to come out of the gate looking totally unprepared and had to dig themselves out of a hole for a few games before they found themselves.

I had to work again this week so I was not at the game but just from following on HSgametime play by play it seemed that the defense was keeping them in the game. A very pleasant surprise.

hollywood
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
SGP 23
Mansfield 21

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222220&Sport=1&Season=)

Johnny Armijo hit a 44-yard field goal with five seconds left in the fourth quarter as South Grand Prairie (1-0, 2-2) came back to beat Mansfield (0-1, 2-2) 23-21 Friday night.

chhspantherfan
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
SGP 23
Mansfield 21

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222220&Sport=1&Season=)

Johnny Armijo hit a 44-yard field goal with five seconds left in the fourth quarter as South Grand Prairie (1-0, 2-2) came back to beat Mansfield (0-1, 2-2) 23-21 Friday night.

good to see you around, WARRIORS had a great night!! Congrats.

chhspantherfan
09-23-2012, 12:39 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/a-crazy-story-from-20-years-ago-the-south-grand-prairie-kicker-who-mowed-the-other-opponents-field-before.html/

:rofl:

hollywood
09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
good to see you around, WARRIORS had a great night!! Congrats.

This was going to be a heartbreaker for one team or the other. Huge win for the Warriors.

hollywood
09-23-2012, 03:32 PM
This was going to be a heartbreaker for one team or the other. Huge win for the Warriors.

Simply awesome.

hollywood
09-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Desoto 40
SGP 7

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222221&Sport=1&Season=)

Again had to work so I just followed PBP on DMN SportsDay. Game was 0 - 0 until the middle of the 2nd QTR. SGP missed an ealrier FG. The game seem to completely change when SGP went for a 4th and 2 around midfied and were stopped. Desoto then score 14 points before the half. Three more scores in the 3rd QTR. The game ended with Desoto on the SGP 2. Looks like lots of big plays after an intitial slows start from Desoto.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
CHILL 55
SGP 37

Actually made it out to the game.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222222&Sport=1&Season=)

Periods of time when SGP seemed to be in the game. Too many flat blown plays. At one point it was CHILL 2nd and 46 from their own 2 yard ine. They ended up scoring on the next two plays. The gane started with a decent SGP drive that came away with no points. However in the first three plays from CHILL they scored 14 points. Still at halftime with the above it was 28 - 23.

CHILL scored 27 points in the 3rd quarter. The quarter began with SGP turning over the ball on their first two plays. And so on.
CHILL was 18-23 in passing. Teams often have very high completion percentages against SGP. These are not just the short drop off type either. Cliche to say that when they get pressure they do much better. This is in stark contrast to past seasons where passes seemed to be more contested. Guessing this is about a focus on making the tackle and not trying to knock down the ball. Idunno. I am not watching tape so just really puzzled about it. Maybe a philosophy of bend but do not break. Maybe a focus on stopping the run. These are different players. Defense has to play as a tight team and a weak play here or there can make the defense look less than great.

The offense while turning the ball over which ultimately helped to spark the bigger victory for CHILL in the 3rd quarter has looked pretty good. QB Elijah Wright is a player. RB Laquinton Baliey is not a very big guy but has great heart and is dangerous in the open field. WRs Loius Dailey and Brian Ajumobi are solid targets. There were a couple of drops but all in all the offense is a threat to score at any time.

Special teams have improved as one would hope as the season has moved on. Kicker Johnny Armijo is a strength. Johhny went three for four in fields goals including the game winning kick against Mansfield.

SGP (1-2) needs to finish strong. Very winnable games where they are at the Gopher-Warrior Bowl for their last three of four games.

Timberview (2-1), @Midlothian (2-1), Duncanville, (1-2) and Grand Prairie (0-3).

But indeed the very next game with Timberview is key. This may be a for a playoff spot.

Midlothian has their hands full with DeSoto. Duncanville (1-2) versus Mansfield (1-2) is huge.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2012, 01:50 PM
CHILL 55
SGP 37

Actually made it out to the game.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222222&Sport=1&Season=)

Periods of time when SGP seemed to be in the game. Too many flat blown plays. At one point it was CHILL 2nd and 46 from their own 2 yard ine. They ended up scoring on the next two plays. The gane started with a decent SGP drive that came away with no points. However in the first three plays from CHILL they scored 14 points. Still at halftime with the above it was 28 - 23.

CHILL scored 27 points in the 3rd quarter. The quarter began with SGP turning over the ball on their first two plays. And so on.
CHILL was 18-23 in passing. Teams often have very high completion percentages against SGP. These are not just the short drop off type either. Cliche to say that when they get pressure they do much better. This is in stark contrast to past seasons where passes seemed to be more contested. Guessing this is about a focus on making the tackle and not trying to knock down the ball. Idunno. I am not watching tape so just really puzzled about it. Maybe a philosophy of bend but do not break. Maybe a focus on stopping the run. These are different players. Defense has to play as a tight team and a weak play here or there can make the defense look less than great.

The offense while turning the ball over which ultimately helped to spark the bigger victory for CHILL in the 3rd quarter has looked pretty good. QB Elijah Wright is a player. RB Laquinton Baliey is not a very big guy but has great heart and is dangerous in the open field. WRs Loius Dailey and Brian Ajumobi are solid targets. There were a couple of drops but all in all the offense is a threat to score at any time.

Special teams have improved as one would hope as the season has moved on. Kicker Johnny Armijo is a strength.

SGP (1-2) needs to finish strong. Very winnable games where they are at the Gopher-Warrior Bowl for their last three of four games.

Timberview (2-1), @Midlothian (2-1), Duncanville, (1-2) and Grand Prairie (0-3).

But indeed the very next game with Timberview is key. This may be a for a playoff spot. It is very possible to have four tema tied at (2-2) after this next weak .... or not.

Midlothian has their hands full with DeSoto. Duncanville (1-2) versus Mansfield is huge.

My nephew just moved back to SGP from Irving this week and became eligible to play even though he was practicing with varsity.
He's a DB that can play man, has a lot of speed, likes hitting and already knows the kids and some of the system.
I think he'll be a big help.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 02:15 PM
They could sure use him!!

Trying not to be too hard on SGP here. They have times where they do get the job done on D. In 2008 SGP had a very good D. However they looked to be in disarray early in the seaon until they moved a player for offense to defense which pulled it together big time.

E-Vol-ution
10-14-2012, 03:40 PM
They could sure use him!!

Trying not to be too hard on SGP here. They have times where they do get the job done on D. In 2008 SGP had a very good D. However they looked to be in disarray early in the seaon until they moved a player for offense to defense which pulled it together big time.

I didn't see it myself, but he tells me he used to keep up with Hall when he was there. lol

CHill
10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
hollywood> Re: South Grand Prairie Warriors

Hollywood, what happen to the home crowd? I thought for a minute we where playing GP, thats the kind of crowd you see at there games. The turnovers hurt SGP in the 3rd qt, plus too much open field for a speedster like Gonzalez and resulted in 21 points off turnovers for the game. Hobbs took a step forward by staying in the pocket and passing, instead of taking off when he felt the pressure, resulting in 17-21 atts for 286 yds. Gonzalez was 1-1 for 52 yds, resulting in balance offense attack.

Now that Desoto and Chill are in your rear mirror, I beleive you guys will win 3 if not 4 of your remaining games. I do like what SGP coaches are doing and with growth of the team the next month, I would not want to face SGP in the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully the home crowd will return and support the Warriors, it really has an effect on the team.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 09:50 PM
hollywood> Re: South Grand Prairie Warriors

Hollywood, what happen to the home crowd? I thought for a minute we where playing GP, thats the kind of crowd you see at there games. The turnovers hurt SGP in the 3rd qt, plus too much open field for a speedster like Gonzalez and resulted in 21 points off turnovers for the game. Hobbs took a step forward by staying in the pocket and passing, instead of taking off when he felt the pressure, resulting in 17-21 atts for 286 yds. Gonzalez was 1-1 for 52 yds, resulting in balance offense attack.

Now that Desoto and Chill are in your rear mirror, I beleive you guys will win 3 if not 4 of your remaining games. I do like what SGP coaches are doing and with growth of the team the next month, I would not want to face SGP in the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully the home crowd will return and support the Warriors, it really has an effect on the team.

I have noticed a complete change in the home crowd. You are correct. There are things I like about the new coach. This is his second year. But it is a totally different crowd this year. I hope that changes.

hollywood
10-19-2012, 11:24 PM
SGP 35
Timberview 24

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222223&Sport=1&Season=) PBP

(http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222223&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=PlayByPlay&period=&refresh=90)Game Notables and Highlights (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222223&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Highlights&period=&refresh=90)

GRAND PRAIRIE -- South Grand Prairie rallied from two touchdowns down in the fourth quarter to defeat Mansfield Timberview 35-24 on Friday, Oct. 19 at the Gopher-Warrior Bowl.

The Wolves rode their productive multi-back rushing attack to a dominate the time of possession and grind down the Warrior defense in the first half. Quarterback Tevin Muse, running back Josh Smith and fullback D'andre Fuller all had multiple carries in the first two quarters. By halftime, the Wolves had 165 yards rushing on only 26 rushes.

But South Grand Prairie didn't roll over.

Three stellar fourth quarter drives led by quarterback Elijah Wright put the Warriors in the end zone three times in the final quarter.

On Timberview's ensuing drive after the Warriors scored and made the score 24-22, Muse threw a pass to the slot receiver that was picked off and taken to the end zone by Warrior Kenneth O'Neal. The Warrior's two-point conversion failed but suddenly, South Grand Prairie led 28-24.

Timberview then drove to the Warrior 36 but was stopped on fourth down by South Grand Prairie. With the game basically on ice, Wright scored the third Warrior touchdown of the frame.

A back-and-forth first half saw South Grand Prairie pin Timberview at their own one yard line early in the second quarter after a perfect punt by Trevor Gentry. On Timberview's first play, Muse pitched the ball to Smith, who was tackled immediately in the end zone for a Warrior safety.

The Warriors then capitalized on great field position on their ensuing drive by scoring a touchdown, and the halftime score read 14-9 in favor of Timberview even though the Wolves dominated the majority of the opening 24 minutes.

However, Timberview came out on the opening drive of the second half and drove the ball 68 yards, capitalizing with a touchdown run by Smith to make the score 21-9.

Wright drove the Warriors 60 yards in the third quarter for a touchdown to cut Timberview's lead to 24-16. Wright finished with 75 rushing yards and 69 passing yards. He also rushed for three scores.

http://gilbertfamilypics.smugmug.com/Football2012/Varsity/Varsity-vs-Temberview/i-Rm2982N/0/M/DSC0174-M.jpg (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222223&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=PlayByPlay&period=&refresh=90)

ftblfan
10-19-2012, 11:43 PM
The SGP Defense kept them in the game!!! Great job Warriors!!! This was a must win!!!
:heli:

hollywood
10-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Midlothian 33
SGP 15

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222224&Sport=1&Season=) PBP (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222224&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=PlayByPlay&period=&refresh=90)

hollywood
10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
So SGP needs to shake off this loss in a hurry. If they win out they will most likely be in the playoffs which is an accomplishment for a rebuilding football program with a new coach in his second year for SGP.

Both games are at the Bowl. Duncanville has beaten SGP in recent years so I expect them to be a real threat to take this game away from SGP. SGP should be able to put it on North this year. This game means something to the community. Nuff said for this week about North. I wish them luck this week against Mansfield.

As a fan I can write about playoffs and remaining games all I want. But of course the only thing that matters right now is that SGP put everything else behind them. Learn from experience sure but essentially it is all about now. Buckle up and leave it on the field kinda thing. We will see what the team and coaching staff are made of now. Oh yeah ... And the fans.

I confess I will be on a plane on my way home when the game starts. My must win is this week too. I have to take care of business. I have two years of my life wrapped up in my current project. I can bring it home or lose it at this critical hour. It will be a team effort to be sure but in my role if I bring my best game we win. If not ... we don't. Many millions of dollars and peoples jobs on the line. My point? I see lifes lessons for the players in high school football. Most things of significance are a marathon, but there come those times when you deliver or you do not.

Time to bring it or stay home.

CHill
10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Hollywood > I confess I will be on a plane on my way home when the game starts. My must win is this week too. I have to take care of business. I have two years of my life wrapped up in my current project. I can bring it home or lose it at this critical hour. It will be a team effort to be sure but in my role if I bring my best game we win. If not ... we don't. Many millions of dollars and peoples jobs on the line. My point? I see lifes lessons for the players in high school football. Most things of significance are a marathon, but there come those times when you deliver or you do not.

Time to bring it or stay home. Wrap up your project and bring it home, prayers from the other side of I-20.

You're class act Hollywood!

hollywood
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Hollywood > I confess I will be on a plane on my way home when the game starts. My must win is this week too. I have to take care of business. I have two years of my life wrapped up in my current project. I can bring it home or lose it at this critical hour. It will be a team effort to be sure but in my role if I bring my best game we win. If not ... we don't. Many millions of dollars and peoples jobs on the line. My point? I see lifes lessons for the players in high school football. Most things of significance are a marathon, but there come those times when you deliver or you do not.

Time to bring it or stay home. Wrap up your project and bring it home, prayers from the other side of I-20.

You're class act Hollywood!

Much Thanks .... Fortune shined upon me this week. We took care of business in a big way. You never really know when you go to the well if you are going to be able to get it done. You just have to believe and have no fear. Trust me though, I feel very blessed and grateful at this moment.

Anyway, at the half SGP is up 38 - 0. Nice.

ftblfan
11-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Final score SGP over Duncanville 44-12!!!!! The boys came ready to play!!!

hollywood
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Repeating this from the 7-5A thread :

Breaking News!!! (Well, sort of...)

Your playoff teams are set in 7-5A

DeSoto
Cedar Hill
Mansfield High
Midlothian

Why?

The points tiebreaker is in effect. In 7-5A, the tiebreaker on points stays all the way through the ties. So when teams are tied on head to head, the points tiebreaker is used and once a tie is broken it DOES NOT revert back to head to head.

Here is the scenario

We have it as such

DeSoto 6-0
Cedar Hill 4-2
Midlothian 4-2
Mansfield High 4-2
SGP 3-3
Timberview 2-4
Duncanville 1-5
GP High 0-6

Next week, Midlothian plays against Cedar Hill. This is the game that actually eliminates SGP. Winner of this games goes 5-2 and gets a playoff spot. South Grand Prairie should win over Grand Prairie High. Mansfield High is most likely to fall to DeSoto. SGP is 4-3. Mansfield High is 4-3.

Let's say Midlothian wins.

DeSoto 6-0
Midlothian 5-2
Cedar Hill 4-3
Mansfield 4-3
SGP 4-3

The points breakdown is as follows.

Cedar Hill +14 over SGP. Cedar Hill -7 vs Mansfield. Cedar Hill at +7
Mansfield is +7 over Cedar Hill. Mansfield is -2 vs SGP. Mansfield is at +5.
SGP is +2 over Mansfield. SGP is -14 vs. Cedar Hill. SGP is at -12.

Cedar Hill and Mansfield advance as the tiebreaker will stay on points. If it reverted back to head to head then SGP would advance, but it doesn't.

If Cedar Hill defeated Midlothian and the rest of the scenario stayed the same

DeSoto 6-0
Cedar Hill 5-2
Midlothian 4-3
Mansfield 4-3
SGP 4-3

Midlothian is +14 over SGP. Midlothian is -14 vs. Mansfield. Midlothian is at 0
Mansfield is +14 over Midlolthian. Mansfield is -2 vs. SGP. Mansfield is at +12
SGP is +2 over Mansfield. SGP is -14 vs. Midlothian. SGP is at -12.

Mansfield and Midlothian advance. South Grand Prairie is out.

Nothing else can happen to make South Grand Prairie advance.

Your playoff teams are set.

RD

Monster win for Mansfield over CHill. Indeed the wild card in all this this week was with CHill. Also give Mansfield credit for beating Midlothian earlier on.They also lost on a last second FG to SGP. Midlothian, Mansfield and SGP kocked each other off. Not surprising in 7-5A this year. Thanks RD for your making this clear.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 08:09 AM
SGP 44
Duncanvillle 12

GAME STORY (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222165&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Highlights&period=&refresh=30)

GRAND PRAIRIE--Quarterback Elijah Wright passed for two touchdowns and ran for another as South Grand Prairie defeated district 7-5A opponent Duncanville 44-12. Wright threw for 118 yards in the game.
South Grand Prairie (4-5, 3-3) scored 31 points in a decisive second quarter to seal the victory.
The South Grand Prairie defense did its part. Duncanville (2-7, 1-5) was held scoreless until 0:09 left in the third quarter. The South Grand Prairie defense also recovered two fumbles, one of which was returned by Cameron Corsey for a 52-yard touchdown.

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222165&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Boxscores&period=&refresh=30) PBP (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222165&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=PlayByPlay&period=&refresh=30)

hollywood
11-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Final score SGP over Duncanville 44-12!!!!! The boys came ready to play!!!

Yes, a very big win for the Warriors. A perfect storm of tie breakers keeping them from the playoffs however. But indeed a winning record in the 7-5A district can be accomplished by a win this coming week against GP.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
SGP 31
GP 14

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222192&Sport=1&Season=) PBP (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=222192&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=PlayByPlay)

Very close to making the payoffs in a very tough district with a 4-3 winning record.

sgp3
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
No playoff agains is there a pattern forming over at SGP? This is not good for Grand Prairie there is to much talent in Grand Prairie for this to happen. They are going have to get some in there as HC that can relate to these football players. To much money is been spent on great equipment for this to continue to happen. I know every said they are in a tough district so are the rest of the teams. It times to man up at SOUTH GRAND PRAIRE an get this thing turn around!

CHill
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
No playoff agains is there a pattern forming over at SGP? This is not good for Grand Prairie there is to much talent in Grand Prairie for this to happen. They are going have to get some in there as HC that can relate to these football players. To much money is been spent on great equipment for this to continue to happen. I know every said they are in a tough district so are the rest of the teams. It times to man up at SOUTH GRAND PRAIRE an get this thing turn around!

This is JMOP, watching a couple of SGP games this season, I was impress with this new (2nd season) coaching staff and seen a vast improvement from last season. I think the problems started several years back, when they went through several coaching staffs which hurt the middle schools, because there was no clear high school system in place. As you know, great equipment won't win games (GP), coaches, communities and players that are willing to support the sport and commitment usually wins out.

hollywood
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I agree. All of the churn around coaching changes has really hurt the program. I think other porgrams have faired better with coaching changes but SGP has not adapted as well.

I liked the previous defensive style of the previous coaching staffs. That said, in the two years leading up to the new coaching staff the teams seemed very ill prepared to start the season.

But it is what it is. I think there is plenty of talent available. If there is a problem with the system then that takes time to get on track. I hope they do.

hollywood
02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Signing Day

Breyun Curtis-Owens - UTSA
Brandon Cooper - Dartmouth
Tank Oneal - UTSA
Bryan Ajumobi- Iowa State

sgp3
05-16-2013, 08:19 AM
I have not been here in a while. Just checking in to see how the old teams is doing. Oh yeah that former #3 Will Biscuit Adams just graduate from WKU on May 11th!

hollywood
05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I have not been here in a while. Just checking in to see how the old teams is doing. Oh yeah that former #3 Will Biscuit Adams just graduate from WKU on May 11th!

Hey man. Big time congratulations to Will. Wow. It has been that long already. Great to see him go the distance.

sgp3
08-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey man. Big time congratulations to Will. Wow. It has been that long already. Great to see him go the distance. Thanks. Now he needs a job :) I see SGP has a player going to UT off this year squad are they suppose be good on defense this year?

hollywood
08-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks. Now he needs a job :) I see SGP has a player going to UT off this year squad are they suppose be good on defense this year?

Jason Hall -- Safety. Defense? Not holding my breath. They seem to give up tons of passing yards since the regime change. Whatever. The offense has been way better since the change.

hollywood
08-30-2013, 10:34 PM
SGP 38
Lamar 31

Boxscore (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250327&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Boxscores&period=&refresh=30)

ARLINGTON--Junior quarterback Tony Nicholson led his South Grand Prairie (1-0, 0-0) team to victory with his arm and legs completing eight of 13 passing attempts with touchdown passes of 39 and 35 yards while rushing for 163 yards on 19 carries with a 68-yard touchdown run as they hold off Arlington Lamar (0-1, 0-0) 38-31 at Cravens Field.
Fellow classmate Jaelan Austin was on the receiving end of a 35-yard touchdown pass and finished with 104 yards on five receptions. Junior Darrion Williams also contributed heavily rushing for 85 yards on 6 carries and a 55-yard touchdown run with 1:46 to play in the third quarter. Williams also caught two passes for 43 yards, one being a 39-yard touchdown reception early in the second quarter.
Sophomore quarterback, Shane Buechele, son of former Texas Ranger infielder Steve Buechele, had an impressive first start. Buechele completed 12 of 23 passing attempts for 242 yards with touchdown passes of four, 11 and 70 yards. Senior receiver Jaries King, who caught a 70-yard touchdown from Buechele, had four receptions for 127 yards. Jamal Kemp carried the ball well for Lamar rushing for 72 yards on 15 rushing attempts.

So good to see Juniors making an impact for SGP. Steve Buechelle's son, a Sophmore is going to be very strong for Lamar.

E-Vol-ution
08-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Congrats to SGP!

hollywood
08-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Congrats to SGP!

Appreciate the post!

A win is a win. The current coaching staff has done way better coming out of the gate than in the previous years just prior. The offense seems very promising. Hoping that issues on defense can be addressed.

SGP has been known for defense and it is tough to watch ... LOL. But again they won. 1-0 is good.

E-Vol-ution
09-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Appreciate the post?

A win is a win. The current coaching staff has done way better coming out of the gate than in the previous years just prior. The offense seems very promising. Hoping that issues on defense can be addressed.
SGP hs been know for defense and it is tough to watch ... LOL. But again they won. 1-0 is good. It's a very good opening win. Lamar is no cupcake.

hollywood
09-06-2013, 10:37 PM
SGP 52
Flower Mound 31

Boxscore (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250328&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Boxscores&period=&refresh=30)

GRAND PRAIRIE � South Grand Prairie's defense forced seven turnovers Friday night, beating Flower Mound at the Gopher Warrior Bowl, 52-31.

Payne McCoy, Greg Eisworth, Tavish Beck and Jason Hall each intercepted a pass in the first half for the Warriors, with Beck and Hall returning theirs for touchdowns.

South Grand Priarie (2-0) quarterback Tony Nicholson finshed with 123 yards rushing, 113 yards passing and five total touchdowns. Jaelan Austin caught two touchdown passes and intercepted a pass in the third quarter for the Warriors.

Flower Mound (1-1) quarterback John Hofmeister rushed for 115 yards, but finished with four interceptions in the Jaguar loss.

South Grand Prairie hosts Arlington Martin next week, while Flower Mound plays Colleyville Heritage.

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Another good win for SGP......congrats!

JagFan
09-07-2013, 04:22 PM
SGP 52
Flower Mound 31

Boxscore (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250328&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Boxscores&period=&refresh=30)

Good win. Hated our turnovers but that is part of the game. Very impressed with SGP last night. Fast does not even begin to express it.

Loved playing in the Gopher-Warrior Bowl.

I hope the coaches keep this series with the realignment.

hollywood
09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Good win. Hated our turnovers but that is part of the game. Very impressed with SGP last night. Fast does not even begin to express it.

Loved playing in the Gopher-Warrior Bowl.

I hope the coaches keep this series with the realignment.

Thank you for your comments. Have not been able to get out to a game yet because of work. I followed this on the play-by-play and it sounded just crazy. For a while there I thought FM was coming back. I need to actually see in person what is happening with SGP. Two wins .. can't complain. The SGP offense seems quite capable. Your comment about speed says much to help me visualize what was going down.

Yes, it would be nice to keep the series going. Good luck to you guys next week.

JagFan
09-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Thank you for your comments. Have not been able to get out to a game yet because of work. I followed this on the play-by-play and it sounded just crazy. For a while there I thought FM was coming back. I need to actually see in person what is happening with SGP. Two wins .. can't complain. The SGP offense seems quite capable. Your comment about speed says much to help me visualize what was going down.

Yes, it would be nice to keep the series going. Good luck to you guys next week.

It was crazy. I could do without the first 4 minutes of the game though. LOL Kudos to your players they read the passes and took them away.

Enjoyed watching the whole team but was very impressed with SGP # 24, 54, 42. I will keep an eye for those young men all year. Play makers.

CHill
09-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Hollywood, I will be at the bowl tonight to chk out this year's Warriors and looking forward to it. I believe this years 7-5A is going to be a war from week to week and with Dville and Warriors strong start.

CHill
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Team stats

Arlington Martin
South Grand Prairie

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds
50/221
32/104

Average rush

Comp-Att-Int
13-21-1
2-11-1

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles-Lost
0-0
1-0

Penalties-yards
15-26
6-15

Arlington Martin Passing

Name
Comp (javascript://noop)
Att (javascript://noop)
Pct (javascript://noop)
Yds (javascript://noop)
TD (javascript://noop)
INT (javascript://noop)

Eric Walker (javascript://noop)

Patrick Brophey (javascript://noop)

Arlington Martin Rushing

Name
Yds/Att (javascript://noop)

Nic Smith (javascript://noop)

Eric Walker (javascript://noop)

Jalum Bouldin (javascript://noop)

Josh Hall (javascript://noop)

Trey Proffitt (javascript://noop)

Josh Watson (javascript://noop)

Tyler Wilson (javascript://noop)

Blayne Champlin (javascript://noop)

Kevin Henry (javascript://noop)

Arlington Martin Receiving

Name
Rec (javascript://noop)
Yds/Catch (javascript://noop)

Michael Wilson (javascript://noop)

Jordan Vaughn (javascript://noop)

Nic Smith (javascript://noop)

Tyler Wilson (javascript://noop)

JR Omigie (javascript://noop)

Patrick Brophey (javascript://noop)

South Grand Prairie Passing

Name
Comp (javascript://noop)
Pct (javascript://noop)
INT (javascript://noop)

Terry Lightfoot (javascript://noop)

Tony Nicholson (javascript://noop)

South Grand Prairie Rushing

Name
Yds/Att (javascript://noop)

Cedric Heggie (javascript://noop)

Darrion Williams (javascript://noop)

Tony Nicholson (javascript://noop)

Terry Lightfoot (javascript://noop)

TJ Foster (javascript://noop)

Greg Eisworth (javascript://noop)

South Grand Prairie Receiving

Name
Rec (javascript://noop)
Yds/Catch (javascript://noop)

Jaelan Austin (javascript://noop)

hollywood
09-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Hollywood, I will be at the bowl tonight to chk out this year's Warriors and looking forward to it. I believe this years 7-5A is going to be a war from week to week and with Dville and Warriors strong start.

Just getting back from my business trip. Been out of state.

SGP again gives up 30 points. This time however they did not pour on the offense. I believe our QB went down at one point but the game was already being dominated by Martin.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Team stats

Arlington Martin
South Grand Prairie

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds
50/221
32/104

Average rush

Comp-Att-Int
13-21-1
2-11-1

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles-Lost
0-0
1-0

Penalties-yards
15-26
6-15

Arlington Martin Passing

Name
Comp (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Att (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Pct (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Yds (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
TD (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
INT (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Eric Walker (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Patrick Brophey (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Arlington Martin Rushing

Name
Yds/Att (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Nic Smith (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Eric Walker (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Jalum Bouldin (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Josh Hall (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Trey Proffitt (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Josh Watson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Tyler Wilson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Blayne Champlin (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Kevin Henry (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Arlington Martin Receiving

Name
Rec (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Yds/Catch (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Michael Wilson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Jordan Vaughn (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Nic Smith (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Tyler Wilson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

JR Omigie (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Patrick Brophey (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

South Grand Prairie Passing

Name
Comp (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Pct (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
INT (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Terry Lightfoot (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Tony Nicholson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

South Grand Prairie Rushing

Name
Yds/Att (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Cedric Heggie (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Darrion Williams (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Tony Nicholson (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Terry Lightfoot (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

TJ Foster (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Greg Eisworth (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

South Grand Prairie Receiving

Name
Rec (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)
Yds/Catch (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Jaelan Austin (http://javascript<strong></strong>://noop)

Seeing these stats makes me think Tony went down earlier than I thought. 1 for 4. And only six rushing attempts. Hoping he is not out very long. The defense has been my concern for a while. hard to count on your offense to continue to rack up the points and yards every week. Yeah some programs can do that I suppose.

CHill
09-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Just getting back from my business trip. Been out of state.

SGP again gives up 30 points. This time however they did not pour on the offense. I believe our QB went down at one point but the game was already being dominated by Martin.

The back-up was knock out on the last play of the game. Hope both are not serious and can play this week.

hollywood
09-14-2013, 11:23 PM
The back-up was knock out on the last play of the game. Hope both are not serious and can play this week.

Oh wow. I did not know this. Thanks.

CHill
09-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Oh wow. I did not know this. Thanks.

Tony went out in mid first qt with some type of leg injury. Martin has those two D-1 DE's where causing havoc in SGP backfield all night.

hollywood
09-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Tony went out in mid first qt with some type of leg injury. Martin has those two D-1 DE's where causing havoc in SGP backfield all night.

This explains much.

hollywood
09-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Wow. Looks like SGP is going to play without their first and second string QBs. We shall see what happens but the strength of the team has been the QBs so far. A complete turnaround since Tony Nicholson went down in the 1st quarter last week. I am thinking SGP has not scored a point since he went down.

hollywood
09-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow. Looks like SGP is going to play without their first and second string QBs. We shall see what happens but the strength of the team has been the QBs so far. A complete turnaround since Tony Nicholson went down in the 1st quarter last week. I am thinking SGP has not scored a point since he went down.

Mansfield 14
SGP 7

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250330&Sport=1&Season=&Panel=Boxscores&period=&refresh=30)

hollywood
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM
DeSoto 50
SGP 0

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250331&Sport=1&Season=)

Spent the week in San Francisco. Looks like I did not miss anything I wanted to see here. 3rd string QB at the helm. Well I guess he is 1st string now.

CHill
09-30-2013, 06:26 PM
DeSoto 50
SGP 0

BOXSCORE (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/scores-schedules/boxscores/?ID=250331&Sport=1&Season=)

Spent the week in San Francisco. Looks like I did not miss anything I wanted to see here. 3rd string QB at the helm. Well I guess he is 1st string now.

I know it looks kinda bleak at this time. But with this bye week coming up, maybe one of the QBs can return for the second half of the season and other players can refocus on their assignments. Good luck and we will see you two weeks.

Grainraiser
09-30-2013, 06:56 PM
I want SGP to make the playoffs so Chill and Desoto can go D2. The bye week came at a good time for them.

Reggie

CHill
09-30-2013, 07:05 PM
I want SGP to make the playoffs so Chill and Desoto can go D2. The bye week came at a good time for them.

Reggie

CHill automatic D2, (smallest school in district) and thank goodness. The years we did have go D1 weren't so kind to us. But, if SGP and Dville make the playoffs, DeSoto would go D2, yikes. Nobody talking about Mansfield Timberview, 5-0 and they are really playing some good football.

Grainraiser
09-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I knew Chill was a lock for D2. It's my understanding that they barely made 5A during the last realignment and maybe headed for 4A. What is Timberview enrollement numbers. I know the city of Mansfield teams had alot of success last year. I still can't believe how fast that area has grown over the years.

Reggie

CHill
09-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I knew Chill was a lock for D2. It's my understanding that they barely made 5A during the last realignment and maybe headed for 4A. What is Timberview enrollement numbers. I know the city of Mansfield teams had alot of success last year. I still can't believe how fast that area has grown over the years.

Reggie

It has really grown even in a down economy. They lost numbers when Lake Ridge High open up, so it will be interesting when to enrollment numbers are turn in to the UIL. Hill made it by 25 students, but if they add 6A, hopefully that can keep us in 5A.

Grainraiser
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
If you guys go 5A you will become a dynasty.

Reggie

CHill
09-30-2013, 10:36 PM
If you guys go 5A you will become a dynasty.

Reggie

4A, Then wouldn't have a forum for the free time. Look what happen to the Guyer fans when they went 4A, won a SC and have no pressence of the forum and they all disappear. :(

hollywood
10-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I know it looks kinda bleak at this time. But with this bye week coming up, maybe one of the QBs can return for the second half of the season and other players can refocus on their assignments. Good luck and we will see you two weeks.

LOL. Yeah looking bleak. I have no idea if either of the Junior QBs will be able to return this year. Sorry for them and the team of course. This team appears to have really depended heavily on their 1st string QB. Losing your top QB would hurt any team BUT I think it hurt SGP especailly hard as that was a real strength. Beating Mansfield was a must. DeSoto and CHill ... not so much. We shall see.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Husband-Shoots-Estranged-Wife-Teen-in-DeSoto-228156911.html

One of my daughters students. So sad.

Corey Dooley is on the SGP JV squad. He was shot three times by his step father who was trying to kill his wife who is divorcing him but he only grazed her and hit the son three times. Corey is undergoing surgery at 7am in the morning to close his chest. This is a good kid who was caught in a horrible domestic situation that happened when the step father tracked them to the grandmothers house in DeSoto.