Pages : [1] 2 3

mojosoundwave
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Go Mojo!

State Champs 1965 1972 1980 1984 1989 1991

Finalists 1968 1970 1975 1985 1995

mojo4life
09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I think are D is going to be great this year..scary thing is there mostly juniors.. man I wish they could get Trey 6"1 227 pd jr and Kejordan Washington 6"3 200 pd jr on the field at the same time. right now there alternating at Linebacker..and both are absolute monsters..

mojosoundwave
09-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Any former Panthers playing at North Texas, who look much improved playing Ball St on ESPNU

mojo4life
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't know of any on N. Texas . but heres some info on some Mojo alum. Melvis pride was red shirted last year for Sam Houston...anyways in his first action 45 yard kickoff return almost took it the house...behind some sr's at wide reciever but still getting some looks...Sherard may be red shirted this year I haven't seen him yet.. these two boys will tear some people up once it's there turn.

forget wide reciever... they need to play pride in the secondary..one of the other teams recievers already has 300 yds.

Empire strikes back
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I think are D is going to be great this year..scary thing is there mostly juniors.. man I wish they could get Trey 6"1 227 pd jr and Kejordan Washington 6"3 200 pd jr on the field at the same time. right now there alternating at Linebacker..and both are absolute monsters..

Yes we are a young team, but soooo far 2008 team is the better team.

mojotrain
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
We may get there yet. Like the first drive against Duncanville we had a full quarter and a half of that in San Angelo. The outstanding recievers made D 1 receptions. Blocking is improving but not mojo yet. We pick up two more good O prospects as of now. It may take a game to fit them in. My guess is both will be on the O.

Too many Ds to get them all on the field at the same time. This will still be the best Permian D in many, many years.

Special teams need something????????

bryanvikings
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Go Mojo!

State Champs 1965 1972 1980 1984 1989 1991

Finalists 1968 1970 1975 1985 1995

Friday Night Lights is on!

Bill4par
09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
How is the young man doing who got injured in practice?

mojotrain
09-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Yesterday quite a bit of time was spent on very, very basic tackling drills, which looked good. A game is much different though.

mojotrain
09-18-2009, 08:27 AM
We will head north by about 10 am. This will add about 600 more miles to this years total. I'd just as soon have a tooth pulled as make this drive. I hope the kids have some of the warts worked out.

Eagles
09-18-2009, 05:45 PM
c'mon panthers :notworthy:notworthy

mojo4life
09-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Bront played lights out tonight in the annual
Tech Longhorn Match up...that boy was bringing the wood .Great game Bront..I was afraid you guys might knock
ut out of BCS contention again.

mojotrain
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Amarillo has a very good QB and the best running back I've seen since Tre Newton at SL. His name is Harrington. If they can get into the playoffs and around the D/FW press I see all state consideration.

Eagles
09-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Watching some stats Permian did a good job in first half versus Amarillo...

Eagles
10-01-2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4pBacX6iIs&feature=channel i was crying... :notworthy

biggolfdad
10-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I know it will be a huge crowd, just hope you have a great game.

:)

Eagles
10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Bad lose yesterday :(.
Odessa HS led the game in the first half...a little sign from Permian in 3rd quarter when Permian scored the unique TD. Final result Odessa Bronchos 26 - Permian Panthers 7 ....

mojotrain
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Lee is now in forth place and Permian is in 5th. Permian needs this game. For Permian it should be viewed as a playoff game. :(

MOJODRIVER87
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Lee is now in forth place and Permian is in 5th. Permian needs this game. For Permian it should be viewed as a playoff game. :(
Ok Train.. I Agree with you here...But Do you think the little coaching change that was made gonna make a big differnce? I do think that if we come away with a loss here it should tell us how the rest of the season goes.. :confused:

mojo4life
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok Train.. I Agree with you here...But Do you think the little coaching change that was made gonna make a big differnce? I do think that if we come away with a loss here it should tell us how the rest of the season goes.. :confused:

I'm with you there ;we gotta get this one,and get some momentum/confidence going again..

mojotrain
10-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Give some credit to the o line for this one. They improved a little or else the Lee D was lacking somewhat. None the less Pipes had no need to run for his life in this one. Through the last four years and even getting worse this year Permian has not had a special teams coach that has a clue. I simply would not be a return man for the Panthers. We continue to have soft corners and by now every team we play knows it. Holding another team 3rd and long is a curse for us. Other than that it was a win and one that was sorely needed. We should win next friday against Lubbock High. Multi task coaching seems to be a task at this point so I hope we just focus on o line improvment this week, cross our legs and hope we out score every one from here on out.

mojo4life
10-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Give some credit to the o line for this one. They improved a little or else the Lee D was lacking somewhat. None the less Pipes had no need to run for his life in this one. Through the last four years and even getting worse this year Permian has not had a special teams coach that has a clue. I simply would not be a return man for the Panthers. We continue to have soft corners and by now every team we play knows it. Holding another team 3rd and long is a curse for us. Other than that it was a win and one that was sorely needed. We should win next friday against Lubbock High. Multi task coaching seems to be a task at this point so I hope we just focus on o line improvment this week, cross our legs and hope we out score every one from here on out.

yeah. you know your Mojo football/and I hope these improvements are made
so we can be the team were capable of.. But today Like you ;(I'm sure )I'm enjoying the spoils and joy of a victory over are arch rival the Rebs...

mojotrain
10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Either the O line improved a little or the Lee D is weak, could be a little of both. Pipes had no need to run for his life and the stats showed it. As it has worked out there has been no easy part of the schedule for Permian, but the next three games should be wins. Lubbock at he Rat, Lubbock Coronado at Lowery and then Tascosa at the Rat. Permian will finish against Midland High at Grande and that will be tough. Probably a track meet w/little D. We should finish district at 6-3 or 7-2 depending on the Midland High game.

Exwildcat79
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
We get MHS at Ratliff this year.

mojo4life
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM

yep...last game of the reg. saeson..

mojotrain
10-14-2009, 07:24 PM

Right! Poor vision:(. That may help some. Three out of the last four at home. Grande has been good for us lately though.

Exwildcat79
10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
I like Grande. It is a excellent stadium to watch a game. We have fared pretty well there the last few years. I agree getting 3 of the last 4 at home will help, but the 2000+ miles of travel in the first 5 games was tough.

mojotrain
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I like Grande. It is a excellent stadium to watch a game. We have fared pretty well there the last few years. I agree getting 3 of the last 4 at home will help, but the 2000+ miles of travel in the first 5 games was tough.

I just updated my travel miles and they now total 2229 miles. My favorite stadium is Blevins in Amarillo. Grande is fine other than I can't see the field.

Exwildcat79
10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I guess that is my mileage total also. I have been to all including the scrimmage and both trips to San Angelo. What is the old addage, That which doesn't kill you will make you stronger.:p

mojotrain
10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I guess that is my mileage total also. I have been to all including the scrimmage and both trips to San Angelo. What is the old addage, That which doesn't kill you will make you stronger.:p

Us or the team?:)

Exwildcat79
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I think it probably lends itself more to us (me). I felt like I needed buring a couple of mornings! Anyways, the team is young. They bounce back pretty quick.

mojo4life
10-16-2009, 11:25 PM
grads .boys
on your 42-12 win over Lubbock..

i believe the first D pitched a shut out:notworthy

Keep on keeping on;)

mojotrain
10-17-2009, 12:23 AM
grads .boys
on your 42-12 win over Lubbock..

i believe the first D pitched a shut out:notworthy

Keep on keeping on;)

True the reserves began to play with 6 min left in the third quarter.

E-Vol-ution
10-17-2009, 08:03 AM
How's that kid Pipes been playing? I said from the first time I saw him that he'd be special.......

mojotrain
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
How's that kid Pipes been playing? I said from the first time I saw him that he'd be special.......

As long as the O line helps him even a little he has been excellent. That has been his only problem up until the last two games. I'm not sure thats fixed yet but they have shown some positive signs.

mojo4life
10-22-2009, 10:42 PM
True the reserves began to play with 6 min left in the third quarter.

this time we completed the shutout..:)

26-0 Mojo

Eagles
10-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Great game...really...congrats.
Anywhere i would to underline this site (below) to review mojo's game. Its very useful http://www.cwwesttexas.com/ARCHIVES.html

mojotrain
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
After a three week absence I made it to practice yesterday. The game friday against Tascosa could determine a playoff berth yet I didn't see a sense of urgency in the kids or the staff. All may be just fine and dandy, I've just never seen what seems to be a attitude of indifference at Permian. The silence is deafning!

Exwildcat79
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
After a three week absence I made it to practice yesterday. The game friday against Tascosa could determine a playoff berth yet I didn't see a sense of urgency in the kids or the staff. All may be just fine and dandy, I've just never seen what seems to be a attitude of indifference at Permian. The silence is deafning!

The players are all business right now. They want to win out and earn a playoff spot. I think we will see some emotion tonight. After El Dorado beat Franklin last night, looks like we will be adding to the mileage total if we uphold our end of the bargain.:)

MOJODRIVER87
10-31-2009, 01:33 AM

Train your observations were correct! I didn't see this at there practice the other day and I wanted to respond to your post yesterday.. However this is after the fact now! Soo It seems we are going to the playoffs? Hmmm I truley don't beleive we deserve to goo.. and When we get to El paso .. that soo called streak of haven't lost To an El paso team will end there. PERIOD!!! And we will have given those boys sumthing to gloat about till next year and years to come.. This is one of the worst performances I have seen in a long time and coaching decisions ever. Maybe not Gaines but I beleive there needs to b sum changes this off season.. :confused:

roadrunner22
10-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Train your observations were correct! I didn't see this at there practice the other day and I wanted to respond to your post yesterday.. However this is after the fact now! Soo It seems we are going to the playoffs? Hmmm I truley don't beleive we deserve to goo.. and When we get to El paso .. that soo called streak of haven't lost To an El paso team will end there. PERIOD!!! And we will have given those boys sumthing to gloat about till next year and years to come.. This is one of the worst performances I have seen in a long time and coaching decisions ever. Maybe not Gaines but I beleive there needs to b sum changes this off season.. :confused: Really... don't deserve it huh. Wow, another great fan. If they don't deserve it, you don't have to go watch or listen. Stay home. PERIOD!!!

mojotrain
10-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Train your observations were correct! I didn't see this at there practice the other day and I wanted to respond to your post yesterday.. However this is after the fact now! Soo It seems we are going to the playoffs? Hmmm I truley don't beleive we deserve to goo.. and When we get to El paso .. that soo called streak of haven't lost To an El paso team will end there. PERIOD!!! And we will have given those boys sumthing to gloat about till next year and years to come.. This is one of the worst performances I have seen in a long time and coaching decisions ever. Maybe not Gaines but I beleive there needs to b sum changes this off season.. :confused:

I've said time and again you don't evaluate the backs or QB until the o line is half way doing a job. They haven't for most the season. You cannot say, the O line is poor and in the next breath say a QB isn't getting it done. By your hint in your post you mention coaching. Absolutly correct! You can't say the players are failing until you know the coachs are perfect. I thought at least one was when this season started. We can't coach stopping kickoff returns so we just let the other team have the ball on the 32 every time. If thats the play , gee wizz just go ahead and try for a onsides kick every time. You only give up about 10 more yards any how. We send out three recievers deep and we can't block out a four man d front much less a blitz. We don't need a first down just tell the ref on each possession we would like to start out second and ten. Were gonna run Pipes into the middle on first down anyhow. That would save Pipes a hell of a lot of wear and tear. Last night a player gets his bell rung(IMO it was the second time) He's out one play, then goes back in the next series and they try to squirt him up the middle. Some of the play calling is from a brain freeze somewhere along the chain of command. IMO some of the coachs are viewing the game as a fan. Kids come off the field after laying a egg and nothing is said. They come off the field pull their helments off get a pat on the butt or a high five and every thing is good. I just don't know, one of those new age deals, I guess.

mojotrain
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Really... don't deserve it huh. Wow, another great fan. If they don't deserve it, you don't have to go watch or listen. Stay home. PERIOD!!!

You know rr22, I say this without reserve. I've never seen a Permian QB do more with less than #25 has had to endure. If he were to choose the military for a career he would make a hell of a Marine.

roadrunner22
10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
You know rr22, I say this without reserve. I've never seen a Permian QB do more with less than #25 has had to endure. If he were to choose the military for a career he would make a hell of a Marine. Thanks Train. I am just sick of fans that say the team dosen't deserve this or that. Most of those brave souls behind their keyboards never had the balls to play a down. I just don't have the stomach for keyboard cowards, never lived life scared that way. Some have even PM ed me, and I invited them to come sit at a game with me, so far no takers, not a big suprise.

MOJODRIVER87
10-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Really... don't deserve it huh. Wow, another great fan. If they don't deserve it, you don't have to go watch or listen. Stay home. PERIOD!!!

Thanks Train. I am just sick of fans that say the team dosen't deserve this or that. Most of those brave souls behind their keyboards never had the balls to play a down. I just don't have the stomach for keyboard cowards, never lived life scared that way. Some have even PM ed me, and I invited them to come sit at a game with me, so far no takers, not a big suprise.

Wow! Really? Ok Mr. Roadrunner sir! Let me ask you why should I stay home and not watch or listen to the games? Does it bother you when anyone post anything negative about the team.. seriously? When there are isssues that are plainly obvious.. What Part of what I said ofended you? I was merley responding to Trains thoughts and observations. And Are you suggesting anyone that comes on here and types down there observations is a coward..?? Or was that just ment for me? lol Ok well sir.. For you to asume that anybody that has anything negative to say about the team on here is a keyboard coward.. I think is highly unwise.. In fact I started Playen pee wee ball In 1976 and continued thru Bonham and Hood and Mojo land .. and even a metroplex school.. Soo for you to say that any of us doubters or fans has never played a down That seems to me to be a cowardly statement.. Look our O line can't even open up a hole big enough for a ROADRUNNER to run thru much less a Back and when r qb is scramblin for his life cause the line isnt getten it done.. then you tell me why we deserve to go to the playoffs.. Please? I will give ur observations .. due thought...:cool:

MOJODRIVER87
10-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I've said time and again you don't evaluate the backs or QB until the o line is half way doing a job. They haven't for most the season. You cannot say, the O line is poor and in the next breath say a QB isn't getting it done. By your hint in your post you mention coaching. Absolutly correct! You can't say the players are failing until you know the coachs are perfect. I thought at least one was when this season started. We can't coach stopping kickoff returns so we just let the other team have the ball on the 32 every time. If thats the play , gee wizz just go ahead and try for a onsides kick every time. You only give up about 10 more yards any how. We send out three recievers deep and we can't block out a four man d front much less a blitz. We don't need a first down just tell the ref on each possession we would like to start out second and ten. Were gonna run Pipes into the middle on first down anyhow. That would save Pipes a hell of a lot of wear and tear. Last night a player gets his bell rung(IMO it was the second time) He's out one play, then goes back in the next series and they try to squirt him up the middle. Some of the play calling is from a brain freeze somewhere along the chain of command. IMO some of the coachs are viewing the game as a fan. Kids come off the field after laying a egg and nothing is said. They come off the field pull their helments off get a pat on the butt or a high five and every thing is good. I just don't know, one of those new age deals, I guess.

Correct! Coaches are a major issue here.. Im Not sayen theres not any talent on this team.. but with what we have.. we should be doing much better.. There are to many issues here that need to b adressed .. and as fans .. we really can't do anything but sit back and watch.. I am not a booster I am a parent of acouple of boys who will b there next yr.. Sooo If my previous post offended anyone.. well its jmo..:D

roadrunner22
10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
You are saying that they aren't deserving of playing any further. That is what I am defending. If you feel that way, you don't deserve to watch 'em. And before you want to get into a chat room fight,I'm not even interested, I am sure you are very good at it. It just isn't my deal. There are plenty of those kind of folks for you to play tough guy with on the keyboard.

MOJODRIVER87
10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
You are saying that they aren't deserving of playing any further. That is what I am defending. If you feel that way, you don't deserve to watch 'em. And before you want to get into a chat room fight,I'm not even interested, I am sure you are very good at it. It just isn't my deal. There are plenty of those kind of folks for you to play tough guy with on the keyboard.

No sir.!! Im told old for fightn with words.. In a room that I am fairly new too.. NO SIR Indeed.. I am sayen that this years performance is not deserving Of a Playoff Berth.. Thats It! Nuthen more .. You seem to think that I beleive that this yrs squad is lackin talent and athletes in fact there are plenty.. No sir! I beleive that This yrs class with all the new coaches and fresh faces .. Has sum issues to resolve b4 we go to the playoffs,.. And IMO were not resolved yet.. I woulda like to seen more improvement B4 we got this far.. But as of yet .. its static! and I have my doubts. ... Soo if my comments offended you.. welll there JMO and you don't have to read them sir.. ;)

odessapermian.com
10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
5th Quarter video from the Odessa American, about halfway down the page- http://varsity.oaoa.com/

roadrunner22
10-31-2009, 08:00 PM
5th Quarter video from the Odessa American, about halfway down the page- http://varsity.oaoa.com/ Which one are you talking about op?

roadrunner22
10-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Found it, thanks.

mojotrain
10-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I absolutly hate a four team playoff scheme. Since I have no say so in that matter either and since four teams will go, I guess I had just as soon Permian go on as anyone else. If for nothing more that a extra weeks or twos practice, Lord knows the youngers kids need it.

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 01:44 AM
WOW! Reminds me of the good ole days when there was this kinda of coaching intensity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFmsOkjt_8&feature=player_embedded

roadrunner22
11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
WOW! Reminds me of the good ole days when there was this kinda of coaching intensity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFmsOkjt_8&feature=player_embedded I like it. Reminds me of my old high school coach. He played MLB for the Detroit Lions for a few years and looked the part. He was a monster. A few years after coaching us, he left to coach a prison football team. Not joking.

mojotrain
11-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Permian is in the playoffs and Midland High will be fighting to get into the playoffs. I view it as a must win game for Permian. Because of the confidence level for this group of kids IMO is very fragile. allman leaving was like a dad telling his son he thinks he has found a better wife and kids down the road that he likes better, so good luck with your future. It did have a negative effect.
Midland is beatable even though backed into a corner and fighting for their lives. For Permian to win the O line must be better than any game this year and the D must remember that God gave them hands and arms to wrap up bulldogs with.

KattTx
11-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I like it. Reminds me of my old high school coach. He played MLB for the Detroit Lions for a few years and looked the part. He was a monster. A few years after coaching us, he left to coach a prison football team. Not joking.

Think he would consider high school again? ;) :(

mojotrain
11-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Think he would consider high school again? ;) :(

Your not referring to Bissingers FNL hero( he said it, it's in the book so it must be the truth) are you?

roadrunner22
11-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Think he would consider high school again? ;) :( He passed away unexpectantly a few years ago. He was a great coach and remained a freind for years after I played for him. He could get more out of a group of kids than any coach that I have ever seen. My Jr. year we weren't expected to do much and went 15 - 1, our only loss was in the State Championship Game. The next year much the same, lost in the State Finals on a tie, went to penetrations. I learned a lot from him that I carry to this very day. I was a 135 LBS guy that shouldn't have been able to carry the water bucket for the team. I was like our #13, but not as fast or as big. Coach made me a player. RIP Coach Byers.

Exwildcat79
11-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow! Talk about support. I will not get into a pissing contest with all the posters who have or have not played, since they know what it means to run a designed play which dictates your assignments, especially on the oline. True, the play calling in the first half did not put the team in a position to succeed, but once adjustments were made, they racked up almost 300 yards in the second half. I agree with RR22, if you don't like what you see or cannot support the team, stay at home and watch Hee Haw reruns.

KattTx
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Your not referring to Bissingers FNL hero( he said it, it's in the book so it must be the truth) are you?

No

KattTx
11-01-2009, 11:21 AM
He passed away unexpectantly a few years ago. He was a great coach and remained a freind for years after I played for him. He could get more out of a group of kids than any coach that I have ever seen. My Jr. year we weren't expected to do much and went 15 - 1, our only loss was in the State Championship Game. The next year much the same, lost in the State Finals on a tie, went to penetrations. I learned a lot from him that I carry to this very day. I was a 135 LBS guy that shouldn't have been able to carry the water bucket for the team. I was like our #13, but not as fast or as big. Coach made me a player. RIP Coach Byers.

Wow - sounds like someone I would have loved to watch coach!!! Those kinds of coaches (not afraid to believe in you and not afraid to kick your arse in the same breath) are my faves.

mojotrain
11-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow! Talk about support. I will not get into a pissing contest with all the posters who have or have not played, since they know what it means to run a designed play which dictates your assignments, especially on the oline. True, the play calling in the first half did not put the team in a position to succeed, but once adjustments were made, they racked up almost 300 yards in the second half. I agree with RR22, if you don't like what you see or cannot support the team, stay at home and watch Hee Haw reruns.

We did better in the second half. Against Tascosa! It was a 8 point game in the end. Thats only a td and two point conversion. It's ok to play a half in our district. You may win 6 or 7 games.

All I say is the designed plays better be right starting at 7:30 friday night. If they are not the right designed plays it won't hurt for the O line to go ahead and knock someone on their fanny would it. You know, just for the sake of not having to stand around and watch Pipes get creamed.

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 01:23 PM

I Think You guys are Getten Me all wrong.. I fully support this team.. And If This thread was for only positive comments only.. then I didn't get the memo! If You choose to ignore the problems we have then they will never be corrected ... I think these guys are doing the best they can with the coaching staff we have . I don't see any fire under these coaches.. as one poster noted.. they are just standing around like fans .. watchen instead of getten the o line of the feild and going back over there mistakes.. The only high point I have see so far was the d line.. Don't get me wrong the O line has made major improvements.. And nuthen would make me more happy Than to see these guys get deeper than 3 rounds.. But frankly I don't see it happening.. But However If ya feel that strongly about it.. I will make sure to only post postive comments on here .. and lace them with flowery comments to apease those who do not care to hear the negative. :cool:

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I like it. Reminds me of my old high school coach. He played MLB for the Detroit Lions for a few years and looked the part. He was a monster. A few years after coaching us, he left to coach a prison football team. Not joking.

I am happy you liked it... cause this is exactly what I'm talkin about... These Are the kind guys that turn teams into monsters and put fire in the seat of there pants.. ... Even if we are not the biggest the fastest.. the most athletic.. It starts at the top.. follow?

KattTx
11-01-2009, 02:15 PM
.. ... Even if we are not the biggest the fastest.. the most athletic.. It starts at the top.. follow?

Funny thing about that... in many positions - we ARE. I'm not gonna be adding to the negative energy during season, but I just want to say that these kids are fully capable of being 10 times the team we have seen so far. Our deficiency does NOT lie with anyone suiting up Friday nights.

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Funny thing about that... in many positions - we ARE. I'm not gonna be adding to the negative energy during season, but I just want to say that these kids are fully capable of being 10 times the team we have seen so far. Our deficiency does NOT lie with anyone suiting up Friday nights.

Correct! we are... soo then .. with out being negative.. where in lies the problem? I know thats a tough one to answer without being negative... But I think we both kno the answer..

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Sorry katt the sun was reflecting off my screen and was not able to read the last part of ur post.... no need to respond.. ;)

mojotrain
11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Correct! we are... soo then .. with out being negative.. where in lies the problem? I know thats a tough one to answer without being negative... But I think we both kno the answer..

IMO it's fine to point out groups that are percieved as detractors from winning games, I shy away from pointing out specific players.

Then,,,,We have determined that this group of kids if not winning 9 games to this point, should at the very least should be playing near flawless ball at this point. That in mind, we have already discussed that ultimately you point to the Coaching as the problem or even those who hired them.

KattTx
11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
All I can say at this point - and it's exactly what I was saying before the season got started - we have one of the most talented groups of players we have had in a while from top to bottom. My opinion (not worth two cents) is still the same in regards to every single player on the field. Heck, even better in some cases in regards to kids stepping up and doing more than I have seen from them before.

GO MOJO!!!

roadrunner22
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I Think You guys are Getten Me all wrong.. I fully support this team.. And If This thread was for only positive comments only.. then I didn't get the memo! If You choose to ignore the problems we have then they will never be corrected ... I think these guys are doing the best they can with the coaching staff we have . I don't see any fire under these coaches.. as one poster noted.. they are just standing around like fans .. watchen instead of getten the o line of the feild and going back over there mistakes.. The only high point I have see so far was the d line.. Don't get me wrong the O line has made major improvements.. And nuthen would make me more happy Than to see these guys get deeper than 3 rounds.. But frankly I don't see it happening.. But However If ya feel that strongly about it.. I will make sure to only post postive comments on here .. and lace them with flowery comments to apease those who do not care to hear the negative. :cool: No need to suger coat it. The flaws stick out like a sore thumb. I don't care for the blanket statements being made about the whole team, as in "don't deserve it, ain't trying, don't care, not working hard, no character" all of that stuff. Anyone that has played at a high level knows that you don't include all. Hell, if all of them had given up they would be o-fers. Thank God for the ones that have given it everything they have each and every week. They have pulled those others along with them like pushing a chain. If the coaches could get the same effort from all of them as they are getting from a few, we would be in better shape right now. I know some of the players on our team that damn sure "deserve it". They worked their ***** off in the previous year, in off season, and so far this year. You will get a taste of it next year, and I wish you luck. Your boys "deserve" it. And I hope that the ones that deserve it prove you wrong. You deserve that. I am smiling, but I don't do smiley faces...

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
No need to suger coat it. The flaws stick out like a sore thumb. I don't care for the blanket statements being made about the whole team, as in "don't deserve it, ain't trying, don't care, not working hard, no character" all of that stuff. Anyone that has played at a high level knows that you don't include all. Hell, if all of them had given up they would be o-fers. Thank God for the ones that have given it everything they have each and every week. They have pulled those others along with them like pushing a chain. If the coaches could get the same effort from all of them as they are getting from a few, we would be in better shape right now. I know some of the players on our team that damn sure "deserve it". They worked their ***** off in the previous year, in off season, and so far this year. You will get a taste of it next year, and I wish you luck. Your boys "deserve" it. And I hope that the ones that deserve it prove you wrong. You deserve that. I am smiling, but I don't do smiley faces...

Well again Maybe I should not posted that huh? I agree there are sum members who truley deserve it all.. Maybe deserve was not the right word to use? Takin into acount That I was qite angry when I posted it.. so therfore I do apoligize to al those who were ofended.. And I do hope those that deserve it prove me wrong. Now On the otherhand You have managed to call me a keboard coward and acused me of never playen a down and that if I ever had I would not be sayen what i said? correct .. then in the next breath you say that That I lived a scared life... huh? ok.. well then you point out that I wanna play tough guy on here .. and then bragg about how some posters won't cum sit with you cause there afraid to discus the issues.. I presume? Well My freind you say all what you wanna say with a smile on your face cause Im not on here to to get into it.. with anyone.. and frankly I would b more than happy to cum sit with you at anygame.. Usually just me and the boys there anyhow! Soo Please.. You let me kno..

roadrunner22
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Well again Maybe I should not posted that huh? I agree there are sum members who truley deserve it all.. Maybe deserve was not the right word to use? Takin into acount That I was qite angry when I posted it.. so therfore I do apoligize to al those who were ofended.. And I do hope those that deserve it prove me wrong. Now On the otherhand You have managed to call me a keboard coward and acused me of never playen a down and that if I ever had I would not be sayen what i said? correct .. then in the next breath you say that That I lived a scared life... huh? ok.. well then you point out that I wanna play tough guy on here .. and then bragg about how some posters won't cum sit with you cause there afraid to discus the issues.. I presume? Well My freind you say all what you wanna say with a smile on your face cause Im not on here to to get into it.. with anyone.. and frankly I would b more than happy to cum sit with you at anygame.. Usually just me and the boys there anyhow! Soo Please.. You let me kno.. I was equally mad when I made my post. PM me and maybe we can arrange for you to sit with our clan, bunch coming from out of town, don't know how many yet, but if there is 3 extras, would be glad to have you, if you aren't scared. Still smiling... I guess I grouped you with all of the others, Kinda the same thing that I was pissed off for you doing, bad choice of words and I too appologize. GO MOJO!!!

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I was equally mad when I made my post. PM me and maybe we can arrange for you to sit with our clan, bunch coming from out of town, don't know how many yet, but if there is 3 extras, would be glad to have you, if you aren't scared. Still smiling... I guess I grouped you with all of the others, Kinda the same thing that I was pissed off for you doing, bad choice of words and I too appologize. GO MOJO!!!

No sir not scared... :D And i like the smiley faces. I will pm you as soon as i kno my schedule .. I run A truckin compnay And hard to kno when Im gonna b able to make a game .. preety good feelin I can make the midland game But more than sure the el paso game... And I kno el paso qite Well .. b happty to take u And ur family out to A very nice mexican meal... If ur up for it? And Apoligy excepted ...;)

roadrunner22
11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
No sir not scared... :D And i like the smiley faces. I will pm you as soon as i kno my schedule .. I run A truckin compnay And hard to kno when Im gonna b able to make a game .. preety good feelin I can make the midland game But more than sure the el paso game... And I kno el paso qite Well .. b happty to take u And ur family out to A very nice mexican meal... If ur up for it? And Apoligy excepted ...;) thanks 87.

MOJODRIVER87
11-01-2009, 05:46 PM
thanks 87.

No problem.. talk to ya soon...

mojotrain
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Katt you could take me out but Shirley and Richard and The :eek:Kid would have to come along.

Exwildcat79
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
We did better in the second half. Against Tascosa! It was a 8 point game in the end. Thats only a td and two point conversion. It's ok to play a half in our district. You may win 6 or 7 games.

All I say is the designed plays better be right starting at 7:30 friday night. If they are not the right designed plays it won't hurt for the O line to go ahead and knock someone on their fanny would it. You know, just for the sake of not having to stand around and watch Pipes get creamed.

Train, I am not trying to argue with you. There are times when an assignment is missed, and Steven is the one who pays the price. But listening to some of the comments, it sounds like the Oline doesn't ever do anything right. Two of these linemen were AS last year, and anothr saw significant playing time. They did not forget how to play since last year. I am sorry if anyone thinks I was advocating not pointing out problems they see, but the positive remarks are few and far between. These kids have EARNED the right to be in the playoffs based on the current UIL setup. They have not relied on anyone else to win or lose outside of their contol to get them in. I will continue to support them thru attending practice and games. I will not post anymore on threads which are calling their playing into question. It is all opinions anyway, and you know what they say about opinions. :)

odessapermian.com
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Train, I am not trying to argue with you. There are times when an assignment is missed, and Steven is the one who pays the price.

This is true. There was an obvious instance this Friday when there was a blitz, the hot route was left uncovered, Pipes throws the ball, but the receiver never even looked for it. The receiver has to know the situation and be looking for the ball immediately. Unfortunately the QB gets the blame on deals like that.

As for questions on playcalling I just want to know- what was the situation, what was the play that was called, and what play would YOU call in that instance?

mojosoundwave
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
As for questions on playcalling I just want to know- what was the situation, what was the play that was called, and what play would YOU call in that instance?

Come on I thought going back to the wing-T would fix everything? :eek: Really this has to be one of the saddest displays of sore winners I have ever seen this week, we're in the playoffs beat lee and had first shutout since 06. Odd how quickly we get spoiled by first back to back 10-0 since 84-85. Everyone b****in need to back off, take a breath and let these seniors enjoy the rest of THEIR year.

mojosoundwave
11-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I will! Go MOJO!!!:notworthy

mojotrain
11-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Train, I am not trying to argue with you. There are times when an assignment is missed, and Steven is the one who pays the price. But listening to some of the comments, it sounds like the Oline doesn't ever do anything right. Two of these linemen were AS last year, and anothr saw significant playing time. They did not forget how to play since last year. I am sorry if anyone thinks I was advocating not pointing out problems they see, but the positive remarks are few and far between. These kids have EARNED the right to be in the playoffs based on the current UIL setup. They have not relied on anyone else to win or lose outside of their contol to get them in. I will continue to support them thru attending practice and games. I will not post anymore on threads which are calling their playing into question. It is all opinions anyway, and you know what they say about opinions. :)

I understand and agree that they should be doing better. If four teams can go to the playoffs then Permian might as well fit in there somewhere.

I stress again that nine games into the season and the same problems exist that surfaced in game one. ULTIMATLY you must point at the coachs and or perhaps those who put the coachs in place. For sure, if you don't correct old problems then in no way can you rise to accept new challenges. The deficiencies do exist, and like the band, it's out there, you can't hide it. I can't act like I don't see it. I may be alone in my outlook but if I don't bring it up I feel like I'm excepting it. But you won't find me trashing a kid by name or number. For whatever thats worth today.

mojotrain
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
This is true. There was an obvious instance this Friday when there was a blitz, the hot route was left uncovered, Pipes throws the ball, but the receiver never even looked for it. The receiver has to know the situation and be looking for the ball immediately. Unfortunately the QB gets the blame on deals like that.

If your talking to me, I say on D I think I would probably run 1-3-1 zone to optimize rebounding and clog passing lanes to the wings or the base line, but if they had a shooter I couldn't slow I would switch to a four man box zone and put my 5th man on the shooter man to man and not let him touch the ball.

mojotrain
11-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Come on I thought going back to the wing-T would fix everything? :eek: Really this has to be one of the saddest displays of sore winners I have ever seen this week, we're in the playoffs beat lee and had first shutout since 06. Odd how quickly we get spoiled by first back to back 10-0 since 84-85. Everyone b****in need to back off, take a breath and let these seniors enjoy the rest of THEIR year.

Good post. I agree.

The band recieved a div. I rating a couple of weeks ago in Midland.

Maybe some of them are running the winged T but not all of them. Looks funny(the band ,not the football team) The band has the biggest tuba players in the state.

Seniors are not allowed to read this stuff.

KattTx
11-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Train - you're on.

Exwildcat79
11-02-2009, 08:12 AM

OP, The Zone read play is not working. Teams have been sending a LB around the corner after the end bites, and Pipes is running right into it. Not his fault, since the read is off the DE, and the LB delaying causes the play to break down. Friday, once we started running right at the D, things improved.

Exwildcat79
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I understand and agree that they should be doing better. If four teams can go to the playoffs then Permian might as well fit in there somewhere.

I stress again that nine games into the season and the same problems exist that surfaced in game one. ULTIMATLY you must point at the coachs and or perhaps those who put the coachs in place. For sure, if you don't correct old problems then in no way can you rise to accept new challenges. The deficiencies do exist, and like the band, it's out there, you can't hide it. I can't act like I don't see it. I may be alone in my outlook but if I don't bring it up I feel like I'm excepting it. But you won't find me trashing a kid by name or number. For whatever thats worth today.

I agree. I guess the remark (not by you) which got my dander up was about not deserving to go to the POs. Everything is copacetic!! Go Mojo.

odessapermian.com
11-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Friday, once we started running right at the D, things improved.

Who made the decision to start running right at them?

Exwildcat79
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Who made the decision to start running right at them?

The Oline talked to the coaches at half tiime and gave their reccomendations.

KattTx
11-02-2009, 04:30 PM
:notworthy

mojotrain
11-02-2009, 06:21 PM
The defensive side of practice looked pretty good today.

odessapermian.com
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM

I'm glad they're still doing that. Willman always wanted to know what the guys were seeing out there.

roadrunner22
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Discovered many years ago: don't mix beer with a chainsaw...
Disovered this year: don't mix being pissed off with the internet...
Enough said... insert a smiley face.

mojotrain
11-02-2009, 10:52 PM
It's needed at times but most times if you hang together long enough You find out you have the same goals in mind.

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone know when we play El Paso?

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 10:57 PM

I'm watching the replay and it appears to me we are running right at them in the 1st half. Maybe the execution just got better at half time.

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM

I learned a long time ago, don't let the internet piss you off to begin with. Grace under pressure.. :notworthy

KattTx
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM

Words to live by! :p

KattTx
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm glad they're still doing that. Willman always wanted to know what the guys were seeing out there.

Nice try. ;):D

odessapermian.com
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice try. ;):D

He absolutely did do that. Standard operating procedure. And not the only coach that did, or does.

KattTx
11-02-2009, 11:25 PM
He absolutely did do that. Standard operating procedure. And not the only coach that did, or does.

Apples and oranges.

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm watching the replay and it appears to me we are running right at them in the 1st half. Maybe the execution just got better at half time.

Second half of the replay begins. So far, the biggest difference I see is they've quit running Pipes from an empty backfield, and put the runningback in as a wingback to block.

Uh oh, snap over the quarterbacks head. :eek:

Quick passes were the thing that got them down the field on that drive.

KattTx
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm recording it Mystique! Don't spoil the ending for me!!! :D:D:D

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM
i'm recording it mystique! Don't spoil the ending for me!!! :d:d:d

ok :)

odessapermian.com
11-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Apples and oranges.

How so?

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Touchdown! Seranno to Neboh! Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. :D

odessapermian.com
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
That was a strange play. I can't imagine Zubiate and Neboh were supposed to run to the same spot.

MOJO Mystique
11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
fumble :Censor:

mojosoundwave
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Score updates from a replay, we are now in uncharted territory.:eek:

mojosoundwave
11-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I foresee a punt coming, then a good drive ending in a touchdown.:ninja:

MOJO Mystique
11-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Score updates from a replay, we are now in uncharted territory.:eek:

lol I was just interested in the analysis of it all. It seems to me rather than running right at them, we're throwing quick passes and running outside more than the 1st half.

Pipes scores on the zone read play. The wingback blocking was the difference.

MOJO Mystique
11-03-2009, 12:11 AM
One last comment. The defense kicked booty. I'd love to see themn play that way this Friday.

KattTx
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
How so?

A grand debate... for another day. :)

roadrunner22
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I watched the replay last night myself. The play that # 25 got his bell rung didn't look like as hard a hit as a few of the others earlier. Maybe they just added up, starting with his soph year running scout team against Austin and Ross... It looked like starting the 2nd half, they were going to run the QB Draw untill the Rebs either stopped it or #25 ran out of gas, and neither one happened. I have a good feeling that the boys put it all together on Friday night. It is time, and would be great to see how good they can be if/when they do.

Exwildcat79
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I watched the replay last night myself. The play that # 25 got his bell rung didn't look like as hard a hit as a few of the others earlier. Maybe they just added up, starting with his soph year running scout team against Austin and Ross... It looked like starting the 2nd half, they were going to run the QB Draw untill the Rebs either stopped it or #25 ran out of gas, and neither one happened. I have a good feeling that the boys put it all together on Friday night. It is time, and would be great to see how good they can be if/when they do.

He scooted pretty good on the last TD.

MOJODRIVER87
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM

Agreed! Do Yall think you could ever for forgive a poor dumb poster like myself.. ?

mojotrain
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM

I'd mentioned earlier that I thought he looked wobbly after a earlier play in the game....Pay attention! I don't have a clue as to who was to do what but it looked like to me someone forgot to block on a trap and opps,,, 25 became the trapee. If you watch it again see if it dosen't look like he recieved a left cross to the side of his head when he stepped into the hole.

He may need to take up moto X racing.

roadrunner22
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I'd mentioned earlier that I thought he looked wobbly after a earlier play in the game....Pay attention! I don't have a clue as to who was to do what but it looked like to me someone forgot to block on a trap and opps,,, 25 became the trapee. If you watch it again see if it dosen't look like he recieved a left cross to the side of his head when he stepped into the hole.

He may need to take up moto X racing.uh, let me think about that... no!

mojotrain
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Practice look pretty good today. D is about all I watched.

roadrunner22
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Agreed! Do Yall think you could ever for forgive a poor dumb poster like myself.. ? 87, this was a self observation, not anything meant for you brother.

roadrunner22
11-03-2009, 10:22 PM
He scooted pretty good on the last TD. I don't think that he will be anchoring the 4 x 100 relay team in track this year but you never know...;)

Exwildcat79
11-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't think that he will be anchoring the 4 x 100 relay team in track this year but you never know...;)

Maybe scoot was a bad choice of words.:p I meant shifty.

roadrunner22
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I like the sound of shifty. It has a western feel to it like a gunslinger/outlaw!

mojosoundwave
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
:Censor: Yankees

Must be nice to play against your farm teams!:Censor::Censor:

odessapermian.com
11-06-2009, 12:52 AM

mojosoundwave
11-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Week 10 gameday: Unbelievable :rolleyes: So that's how fast 11 weeks can go.:p

KattTx
11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Let's go MOJO!! Let's head into the second season with some STEAM!!!

MOJODRIVER87
11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I beleive tonights game is gonna tell us how bad this group wants it.
Wish I could be there. In San Deigo workin on the Marine corp base today.
Hopefully the radio link is fixed? or was it the phone lines?

Go Mojo!

mojotrain
11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Permian wins over Midland High 35 to 31 and sends Midland Lee into the playoffs. Lee upset OHS 21-14.

MOJODRIVER87
11-07-2009, 02:43 AM
First Off I like to start of by sayen Great win Guys great effort!
Secondly I like to say all The :Censor::Censor::Censor::Censor: Arm Tackling Is causing me to be highly irritated! No further Comment.

GO MOJO!

roadrunner22
11-07-2009, 06:58 AM
I beleive tonights game is gonna tell us how bad this group wants it.
Wish I could be there. In San Deigo workin on the Marine corp base today.
Hopefully the radio link is fixed? or was it the phone lines?

Go Mojo! We will never know the true story of that screwup last week. I listened to the game with headphones while at the game this week. I sure like to listen to Carl and Gary better than the two clowns last night. They weren't very accurate. Two dropped passes were announced as being overthrown and almost picked off. They were way slow with the calls, wrong names of players involved in the action, etc. It was a great game for the fans attending. I am sorry for those that listen to it on the webcast. 87, you need to record it and watch the replay. I am sorry that you missed it in person.

mojotrain
11-07-2009, 09:50 AM
First Off I like to start of by sayen Great win Guys great effort!
Secondly I like to say all The :Censor::Censor::Censor::Censor: Arm Tackling Is causing me to be highly irritated! No further Comment.

GO MOJO!

Arm tackling and diving at shoe laces fall in the same catagory.:mad:

mojosoundwave
11-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Arm tackling and diving at shoe laces fall in the same catagory.:mad:

Funny how this stops once the crowd wakes up, we also have to show up for 4 quarters in the playoffs to give the D Tacklin Fuel! :cool:

KattTx
11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
It was a great game for the fans attending.

Indeed it was!! :notworthy

mojosoundwave
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
First place Dallas Cowboys! :) That sounds good!:)

mojosoundwave
11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I think the clock is Slooww!:Music

mojotrain
11-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Saturday is a long way off. It looks like the brought up the complete JV team.

odessapermian.com
11-11-2009, 12:21 AM
If we win in El Paso, next game is in Abilene. Date, opponent, and time TBD.

mojotrain
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I just updated my travel miles and they now total 2229 miles. My favorite stadium is Blevins in Amarillo. Grande is fine other than I can't see the field.

To date Permian fans who have followed the Panthers this year have logged 2529 miles, thats excluding 5 games at Ratliff. We look at 578 mile round trip Saturday. Probably not a record but better than average.:D It's also said on this site that if we get lucky against the power house in El Paso gunning for us in our next game will be in Abilene.

KattTx
11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Good Grief!!! This week is just creeeeeeping by. :cool:

Bonfire Tomorrow night Nation! Then send off for the players after the pep rally Friday Morning. If you are in the area - be there or turn in your Mojo Nation ID card. :D

mojotrain
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Practice today. A bonfire tonight and they leave tomorrow am. I think the game plan is good but we may just be flatout outmaned.

Exwildcat79
11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Mojo made an appearance at the game yesterday. Also, 2nd game in a row where the crowd got into it. Coach Gaines told the players a reporter from EP ask him after the game if he was afraid his team would quit on him after the punt which was downed inside the 1 yard line. His reply to the team was that reporter did not understand what Mojo was. Great win to build some momentum into the second round ( wherever that game is! )

mojosoundwave
11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Mojo made an appearance at the game yesterday. Also, 2nd game in a row where the crowd got into it.

It felt like we had alot of fans in EP, I know our side was tiny and the band and pepettes took up 1/3 of our side, but I was sure happy to see so many MOJO fans!

mojotrain
11-15-2009, 03:11 PM
It felt like we had alot of fans in EP, I know our side was tiny and the band and pepettes took up 1/3 of our side, but I was sure happy to see so many MOJO fans!

Lots of the viewers, both below and to our right were From various other El Paso schools. Very nice people.

odessapermian.com
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Mojo made an appearance at the game yesterday. Also, 2nd game in a row where the crowd got into it. Coach Gaines told the players a reporter from EP ask him after the game if he was afraid his team would quit on him after the punt which was downed inside the 1 yard line. His reply to the team was that reporter did not understand what Mojo was. Great win to build some momentum into the second round ( wherever that game is! )

I've got that on video. What a great moment.

mojotrain
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I've got that on video. What a great moment.

This drive was a rerun of several during the year except none had the money on them like this one. I think the younger coachs as well as the old new one may have caught "IT". Whatever "IT" is. They went to and stayed with high percentage the heavy stuff until the Aztecs were on their heels. Then put the match in the tank. I don't think this drive was a fluke. I think, first the coachs and then the kids saw the urgency. This team on talent alone is better than a first half field goal and a touchdown in the last few minutes of the game.

Bisquit played over his head!:) He did great against the tall guy.

KattTx
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Agree with all - it was an exciting game. I love Defense, so it was especially fun for me. Well except for the near stroke-level of my BP on that last drive. Pipes, I thought he was down and no way he was gonna get outta that traffic... but he DID. Then I thought Tommie was down at the 2 or 3... but he wasn't he was in the Endzone!

All I can say I saw... H.E.A.R.T. :notworthy

KattTx
11-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Well guys, about to pack up and head out to Shotwell. Let's hope our guys are up to the task.

Travel safe all!!

GO MOJO!!!!!

OneInBlack
11-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Gratz to Arlington Martin! Best of luck to the Arlington schools and the Abilene Eagles as they move on in the playoffs!

MOJO! Back again in 2010!

KattTx
11-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I add my Grats to the Martin players and coaches. Good luck the rest of the way.:)

mojotrain
12-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Steve Freeman the OC at Permian is said to be taking the head coaching job at 3-A Breckenridge. He's at least been recommended to the board. Anyone want to apply for the vacated spot?

KattTx
12-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Lambert is leaving for Lake Travis.

Freeman for Breckenridge.

mojotrain
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Lambert is leaving for Lake Travis.

Freeman for Breckenridge.

Lake Travis to coach?

E-Vol-ution
02-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I've got my eye on my adopted West Texas homeboy Pipes to have a great upcoming season. I heard he's out there hitting jackrabbits in full stride for practice.:notworthy

KattTx
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I'll let Papa Pipes announce his plans and I'll just say - he's gonna be one hell of a motivated player come this fall!! Can't wait to hear great things!

roadrunner22
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Steven recieved an offer from Tarleton State University last Saturday and signed his letter this past Wed with friends and family watching. We are so happy for him and he is pumped to have the opportunity to get to play football at the next level. This was his school of choice from about this time last year. He will probably be red-shirted his freshman year.The Coach said at the press conference that they like to "raise their own QBs at Tarleton." He is enrolled to start school June 1st and will be working out with the team and getting started with the strength and conditioning coach. I don't know if he will stay # 25 but they had a locker with his name on it and a game jersey with # 25 hanging in it. He was the only QB that they recruited. We saw some BIG boys there. The weight room has been good to those guys. I am looking forward to see what changes Young Pipes will make over the summer and this next year. Go Texans!!! Go Mojo!!!
Steven- You are STILL my favorite QB! E, thank you for your support this past year! And Katt, Boat and MB, I am proud to call you guys my friends.

E-Vol-ution
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Congratulations......I'll keep an out for them now.
Steven recieved an offer from Tarleton State University last Saturday and signed his letter this past Wed with friends and family watching. We are so happy for him and he is pumped to have the opportunity to get to play football at the next level. This was his school of choice from about this time last year. He will probably be red-shirted his freshman year.The Coach said at the press conference that they like to "raise their own QBs at Tarleton." He is enrolled to start school June 1st and will be working out with the team and getting started with the strength and conditioning coach. I don't know if he will stay # 25 but they had a locker with his name on it and a game jersey with # 25 hanging in it. He was the only QB that they recruited. We saw some BIG boys there. The weight room has been good to those guys. I am looking forward to see what changes Young Pipes will make over the summer and this next year. Go Texans!!! Go Mojo!!!
Steven- You are STILL my favorite QB! E, thank you for your support this past year! And Katt, Boat and MB, I am proud to call you guys my friends.

Eagles
02-06-2010, 09:01 AM
good luck for steven... i'm sure that he'll work hard there ;)

KattTx
02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Back at ya RR25!! I am so proud for Steven and the whole Pipes clan! I can't wait til he starts knocking their freakin socks off at Tarleton (that red shirt year is hard for us fans to wait through). :D

Austin109
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM

uh oh! sorry roadrunner22, but this means that this summer he is mine :D

roadrunner22
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
uh oh! sorry roadrunner22, but this means that this summer he is mine :D Just do with Steven what you have done for the other players. When I met the current/starting QB, I honestly thought that he was a LB. I look forward to seeing Steven grow along with the rest of the players. I can assure you one thing, you will love working with him... no one will outwork him. Good luck to the Texans. :notworthy

Eagles
04-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I just want to share with you this video http://www.youtube.com/user/mistermojo66 # p/u/1/W4pBacX6iIs (http://www.youtube.com/user/mistermojo66%20#%20p/u/1/W4pBacX6iIs)
I did find accidentally...and its really touching... ;)

mojotrain
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I just want to share with you this video http://www.youtube.com/user/mistermojo66 # p/u/1/W4pBacX6iIs (http://www.youtube.com/user/mistermojo66%20#%20p/u/1/W4pBacX6iIs)
I did find accidentally...and its really touching... ;)

got any more?:)

Eagles
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
got any more?:)

mmm...this is odessapermian channel MOJO TV ....this is very updated and there are also a lot of new videos.:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/odessapermian

If you have something, please share with me...im a great fan of odessa permian :heli:

mojotrain
07-31-2010, 09:19 PM
I can do this. On any given Friday night with Permian @ home I can assure you two tickets, a meal and more MOJO stuff than you can handle.

mojotrain
08-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm MOJO ready. Two a days start Monday. I have a new straw hat and will be positioned with the rest of my "spit and whittle club" members underneath the "Sign."

Our children will be in head gear only a few days then we can see how many will step up and will join the "Long Black Line", perhaps one will emerge and become another Joe Bob Bizzell, Royce Berry, Tommy or Kent Sager,Billy Dale, Grady Wilkerson, Brian Harris, Jimmy Morris, Shawn Crow, John Williams, Lloyd Hill, Brett Hager, Russell Wheatly, Dale Carr, Stoney and Stormy Case, Greg Anderson, Roy Williams, Chris Comer, or Jerry Hix. You just never know whats in a kids heart. In 2010, I would be pleased to see a clone of any of these.

mojotrain
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Today was boring for the spit and whittle club. Kids were in helmets, tee shirts and shorts. They look little bitty and were very quite. .

Eagles
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Season will start at August 27th MOJO vs Smithson valley. It's first time that these two teams play against. For more info http://www.permianpanthersfootball.com/Permian-SmithsonValley.html

Thanks Mojotrain you have a pm ;)

Gooooo Mojoooo

mojotrain
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
This group is small:eek: Many, many 5' foot somethings. Many, many less than 160 lbs. Gaines is running them like dogs!:eek:

Eagles
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
This group is small:eek: Many, many 5' foot somethings. Many, many less than 160 lbs. Gaines is running them like dogs!:eek:

The key could be the speed, agility. Even if less than 160 lbs is little bit light.

slcdragonfan
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
The key could be the speed, agility. Even if less than 160 lbs is little bit light.

He's talking about the Pop Warner squad.

Eagles
08-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Oh...okk

Eagles
08-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Oh...okk

slcdragonfan
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh...okk

j/k of course.

mojotrain
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Truthfully, these kids are small even by old Permian standards. The largest on the O line is not over 6'3" and maybe 260 pounds. He is a head taller than the rest in his gang.

Eagles
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Truthfully, these kids are small even by old Permian standards. The largest on the O line is not over 6'3" and maybe 260 pounds. He is a head taller than the rest in his gang.

The largest guy is 6'5" and he is Vasquez (OL) . I just to finish to see the roster and you are right mojotrain. The average is 5' and something. It's little strange to see an OL high 5'9" or 6'0". It's early so I don't like to exprime negative opinions (besides i didnt watch them at practice)...we'll see how they play...

BackNBlack97
08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm MOJO ready. Two a days start Monday. I have a new straw hat and will be positioned with the rest of my "spit and whittle club" members underneath the "Sign."

Our children will be in head gear only a few days then we can see how many will step up and will join the "Long Black Line", perhaps one will emerge and become another Joe Bob Bizzell, Royce Berry, Tommy or Kent Sager,Billy Dale, Grady Wilkerson, Brian Harris, Jimmy Morris, Shawn Crow, John Williams, Lloyd Hill, Brett Hager, Russell Wheatly, Dale Carr, Stoney and Stormy Case, Greg Anderson, Roy Williams, Chris Comer, or Jerry Hix. You just never know whats in a kids heart. In 2010, I would be pleased to see a clone of any of these.

You left off a very important name on that list... Moose may be gone but not forgotten...

mojotrain
08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
You left off a very important name on that list... Moose may be gone but not forgotten...

Right! It's odd that I left him off. I had sit 10 feet from him in church on mothers day. I greeted him afterwards. Another great Odessan Harry Wilkerson was talking Odessa Boys Club to him.

mojotrain
08-13-2010, 06:10 PM
To day in full gear they looked at the least average highschool size. I need to stop going to practice with no pads sessions. They will be good!!!!

mojotrain
08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Media day tomorrow. Starts at 8 am with team and indv. pictures. The varsity will scrimmage at 10:30. Both jv teams will start their scrimmages at at 1 pm. This is a good time to talk to the kids, coachs and other mis directed souls.:)

Bring money! You can join the booster club, eat breakfast and lunch. If you plan on coming into town from SLc plan on a stay at the Elegante. It's a four star hotel and one I'm sure will treat you in the manner to which you are accustomed. If you will be visiting from ET they have a clean tourist court #2 over in Midland., then just follow all the Midland cars headed west. They will lead you directly to Permian. I'll be wearing my straw gardening hat, Roundhouse overalls and have on a pair of Firestone soled sandels on my feet. I'll could campus tours for a nominal fee.:)

mojotrain
08-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Media day tomorrow. Starts at 8 am with team and indv. pictures. The varsity will scrimmage at 10:30. Both jv teams will start their scrimmages at at 1 pm. This is a good time to talk to the kids, coachs and other mis directed souls.:)

Bring money! You can join the booster club, eat breakfast and lunch. If you plan on coming into town from SLC plan on a stay at the Elegante. It's a four star hotel and one I'm sure will treat you in the manner to which you are accustomed. If you will be visiting from ET they have a clean tourist court #2 over in Midland., then just follow all the Midland cars headed west. They will lead you directly to Permian. I'll be wearing my straw gardening hat, Roundhouse overalls and have on a pair of Firestone soled sandels on my feet. I'll could campus tours for a nominal fee.:)

Wouldn't you really rather be a Permian Panther. fssssst!:eek:

AHSeagles
08-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Alright Mojo, give me the scoop. I need names of who to watch for this year. I watched the spring game video and RB #30 for black really impressed me. Good north/south runner who made quick cuts and didn't go down easily. Will 20 or 25 start at QB? 20 made some good throws, but was small and seemed to lack arm strength (as seen by the pic late in the video where he under threw the WR). 25 looked bigger and made a couple pretty good runs, but I didn't see him throw a whole lot.

Man I can't wait for the season to start.

mojotrain
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Alright Mojo, give me the scoop. I need names of who to watch for this year. I watched the spring game video and RB #30 for black really impressed me. Good north/south runner who made quick cuts and didn't go down easily. Will 20 or 25 start at QB? 20 made some good throws, but was small and seemed to lack arm strength (as seen by the pic late in the video where he under threw the WR). 25 looked bigger and made a couple pretty good runs, but I didn't see him throw a whole lot.

Man I can't wait for the season to start.

For this time of the season, two weeks before a kickoff I've never known less about a team. No one at Permain likes to throw out "surefire" names because of the Permian concept of a team image. This year I don't know if a "surefire" name even exist. But this I can say without reserve. Permian has a Titanic sized boat load of good football players. Not big or exceptionally fast but seemingly guick and smart football players. In week one minus 12 days we have one D-1 player. Tommey Morris. I won't give jersey numbers, I prefer to let the Eagles and the rest figure it out. Tommey plays offense. Thats about as much as I can pin his position down. If he could play this year every play in any one of four positions it's my opinion he would he would make all state. He has verbably commited to Colorado State. The starting qb, if the season started tomorrow would be Landry Sarano(sp?) a Taylor Byrd(the Eagles worse nightmare the last time we visited you guys) sized lad. He has several good rbs to give the ball to. You could be talking about Greg George or De Anthony Fay, maybe even Morris. George or Fay, I don't ever see breaking for 80 unless someone has missed a assignment or fell down. But I see a bunch of 10-20 yd "jump on and I'll give you a ride" chain movers. George will turn fingernails backwards.
We have a lot of depth at reciever I won't name all that will be catching but George and Talon Smith will be two of the main ones.

None of the names above will play over a 10 game season without the help of a O line. IMO along with special teams the major weakness of last year. I think we are much quicker than in the past several years but also smaller. Paul Gore and Eric Bilbrey could make this season a long one for the Panthers and thats in a good sense.

D is what I love and D is what is improved. I'll just throw out three D names. One was born good and the other will be a terror as soon as he loses his baby teeth. Hasten Wood a junior to be and I think a soph to be, Christian Lacouture. These two I see as a Shaffer- Forrest like combo(yall remember them don't ya) hopefully by the 10th game. Tra Fay also a DL could/ should be a will to play changer. It's up to him. I don't know what D we run. The smart Permian fans may call it a 4-3, a 52, a 3-4 I don't know and I don't care it still looks sometimes like 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 on the line and whatever is left is somewhere deep. I laugh at the defensive number schemes much like people arguing about a spread or not a spread offence. I have simplified it. If one reciever is near one side line and another reciever is near the opposite side line, guess what I call it. A spread! I don't get much more spread than that does it?

My fear about this team? Two really. The last coach here blew the hell out of trust and loyalty, something Permian lived and held close for 40 plus years. Gaines must rebuild that. These seniors were sophs when that happened, so many, hopefully have no memory of whats past and have now rebuilt their trust around coach Gaines. My second worry I won't mention. If it remains a problem, as it was last year Warren will know it by Permians fifth game.

I detest this pre district schedule. Our kids need to build confidence and i don't see that happenin. Against SV or Cedar Hill.....Unless we win both:)

Overview: IMO, Permian will run their way into the playoffs

Now I've shown you mine. Show me yours.:)

svhorns
08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Can't wait for our game guys. It's almost here!

AHSeagles
08-15-2010, 06:03 PM
For this time of the season, two weeks before a kickoff I've never known less about a team. No one at Permain likes to throw out "surefire" names because of the Permian concept of a team image. This year I don't know if a "surefire" name even exist. But this I can say without reserve. Permian has a Titanic sized boat load of good football players. Not big or exceptionally fast but seemingly guick and smart football players. In week one minus 12 days we have one D-1 player. Tommey Morris. I won't give jersey numbers, I prefer to let the Eagles and the rest figure it out. Tommey plays offense. Thats about as much as I can pin his position down. If he could play this year every play in any one of four positions it's my opinion he would he would make all state. He has verbably commited to Colorado State. The starting qb, if the season started tomorrow would be Landry Sarano(sp?) a Taylor Byrd(the Eagles worse nightmare the last time we visited you guys) sized lad. He has several good rbs to give the ball to. You could be talking about Greg George or De Anthony Fay, maybe even Morris. George or Fay, I don't ever see breaking for 80 unless someone has missed a assignment or fell down. But I see a bunch of 10-20 yd "jump on and I'll give you a ride" chain movers. George will turn fingernails backwards.
We have a lot of depth at reciever I won't name all that will be catching but George and Talon Smith will be two of the main ones.

None of the names above will play over a 10 game season without the help of a O line. IMO along with special teams the major weakness of last year. I think we are much quicker than in the past several years but also smaller. Paul Gore and Eric Bilbrey could make this season a long one for the Panthers and thats in a good sense.

D is what I love and D is what is improved. I'll just throw out three D names. One was born good and the other will be a terror as soon as he loses his baby teeth. Hasten Wood a junior to be and I think a soph to be, Christian Lacouture. These two I see as a Shaffer- Forrest like combo(yall remember them don't ya) hopefully by the 10th game. Tra Fay also a DL could/ should be a will to play changer. It's up to him. I don't know what D we run. The smart Permian fans may call it a 4-3, a 52, a 3-4 I don't know and I don't care it still looks sometimes like 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 on the line and whatever is left is somewhere deep. I laugh at the defensive number schemes much like people arguing about a spread or not a spread offence. I have simplified it. If one reciever is near one side line and another reciever is near the opposite side line, guess what I call it. A spread! I don't get much more spread than that does it?

My fear about this team? Two really. The last coach here blew the hell out of trust and loyalty, something Permian lived and held close for 40 plus years. Gaines must rebuild that. These seniors were sophs when that happened, so many, hopefully have no memory of whats past and have now rebuilt their trust around coach Gaines. My second worry I won't mention. If it remains a problem, as it was last year Warren will know it by Permians fifth game.

I detest this pre district schedule. Our kids need to build confidence and i don't see that happenin. Against SV or Cedar Hill.....Unless we win both:)

Overview: IMO, Permian will run their way into the playoffs

Now I've shown you mine. Show me yours.:)

Oh come on now train, you can be more specific than that.:D

Your statement about good football players that don't pass the eye test is the status quo for good West Texas football teams. It's what our defense last year was built on. A bunch of blue collar Joe's out working and out smarting opponents.

Thanks to the excellent Permian website, I was able to find that Morris is #18 and after looking for him in the spring game video, kid is a ball player. Greg George was the RB I was asking about. What you said about him only reaffirms what I was able to gain from the film, good down hill runner that fights through contact.

Serrano looks like he has good ball skills, i.e. fakes. Very similar to Byrd now that you mention it (although it was Jamison Berryhill that really gave our defense fits).

I'm an offensive guy, so trying to talk x's and o's about defense with me is like a foreign language. Last time we played, I recall y'all running mostly a 4-3 with the two big DE's Shaffer and Forrest. I really hope y'all don't have a couple more guys like them in the wings!

I've always been a supporter of scheduling as tough opponents as you can get in the pre-district. While ours is extremely tough, I think it will do far more to prepare us for the amount of talent we'll see during the playoffs as compared to previous years. However, we're also back in the LSWC where the competition is much, MUCH stouter, so it could prove to be overkill. In y'alls case, I think SV and Cedar Hill will be a great measuring stick. SV always puts out solid teams and is an extremely well coached team. Cedar Hill has as much athletic talent as any team in the state, and if you can handle their size and speed, I'd say things are looking very bright for the Panthers.

As far as what we bring to the table, it's been one of the more talked about things over the offseason with debates about state and national rankings regarding returning starters. We replace all of our offensive line except for 1 (who was an all-state honorable mention). Our best WR who got hurt in the first game of the season and only played about 3 total games, is back healthy. His name is Darius Joseph, and remember that name because he is one heck of an athlete! Of course everyone knows about Speed Inc. with Sims squared and Curtis in the backfield.

Our defense also has to replace the line. We line up in a base 3-4, and while our lineman aren't big time play makers, they are gap closers and last year they were great at it. I don't remember much about the D line rotation and how many underclassmen got significant playing time, but with as many blowouts as we had, there had to be some. We technically lose two starters at LB, but we rotated guys so much that it's really not that big of a replacement. Boo Barrientes is gone on the outside, but he along with Josh Jones and Sawyer Talant rotated all year long, even rotating who started. Also Shaq Sims (Ronnell's younger brother, I believe) will be in that LB rotation on the outside. We lose Kyler Gideon in the middle, but once again rotations between Anthony Carriolla and Chris Horton make it just like they're both returning starters. Secondary is the same deal. We lose a 3 year starter in safety Karsten Goodman, and corner Braden Barnett to graduation. Gibson Aguirre played right along Jake Brooks and Goodman last year, so he's got plenty of experience back there. There are a number of guys who rotated at the corner spot last year that I can't even remember names.

Key to our success will be the offensive line. If they can open up holes, Speed Inc. will make teams pay.

That's all I've got for ya right now.;)

mojotrain
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM

MMMM I could wait forever on this one.

mojotrain
08-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh come on now train, you can be more specific than that.:D

Your statement about good football players that don't pass the eye test is the status quo for good West Texas football teams. It's what our defense last year was built on. A bunch of blue collar Joe's out working and out smarting opponents.

Thanks to the excellent Permian website, I was able to find that Morris is #18 and after looking for him in the spring game video, kid is a ball player. Greg George was the RB I was asking about. What you said about him only reaffirms what I was able to gain from the film, good down hill runner that fights through contact.

Serrano looks like he has good ball skills, i.e. fakes. Very similar to Byrd now that you mention it (although it was Jamison Berryhill that really gave our defense fits).

I'm an offensive guy, so trying to talk x's and o's about defense with me is like a foreign language. Last time we played, I recall y'all running mostly a 4-3 with the two big DE's Shaffer and Forrest. I really hope y'all don't have a couple more guys like them in the wings!

I've always been a supporter of scheduling as tough opponents as you can get in the pre-district. While ours is extremely tough, I think it will do far more to prepare us for the amount of talent we'll see during the playoffs as compared to previous years. However, we're also back in the LSWC where the competition is much, MUCH stouter, so it could prove to be overkill. In y'alls case, I think SV and Cedar Hill will be a great measuring stick. SV always puts out solid teams and is an extremely well coached team. Cedar Hill has as much athletic talent as any team in the state, and if you can handle their size and speed, I'd say things are looking very bright for the Panthers.

As far as what we bring to the table, it's been one of the more talked about things over the offseason with debates about state and national rankings regarding returning starters. We replace all of our offensive line except for 1 (who was an all-state honorable mention). Our best WR who got hurt in the first game of the season and only played about 3 total games, is back healthy. His name is Darius Joseph, and remember that name because he is one heck of an athlete! Of course everyone knows about Speed Inc. with Sims squared and Curtis in the backfield.

Our defense also has to replace the line. We line up in a base 3-4, and while our lineman aren't big time play makers, they are gap closers and last year they were great at it. I don't remember much about the D line rotation and how many underclassmen got significant playing time, but with as many blowouts as we had, there had to be some. We technically lose two starters at LB, but we rotated guys so much that it's really not that big of a replacement. Boo Barrientes is gone on the outside, but he along with Josh Jones and Sawyer Talant rotated all year long, even rotating who started. Also Shaq Sims (Ronnell's younger brother, I believe) will be in that LB rotation on the outside. We lose Kyler Gideon in the middle, but once again rotations between Anthony Carriolla and Chris Horton make it just like they're both returning starters. Secondary is the same deal. We lose a 3 year starter in safety Karsten Goodman, and corner Braden Barnett to graduation. Gibson Aguirre played right along Jake Brooks and Goodman last year, so he's got plenty of experience back there. There are a number of guys who rotated at the corner spot last year that I can't even remember names.

Key to our success will be the offensive line. If they can open up holes, Speed Inc. will make teams pay.

That's all I've got for ya right now.;)

Our D ends are still in the petre dish. They could be but you just don't know.

Yeah Berryhill, After the Abilene game we saved him for the 16th game.:mad:

You have a bonified State Championship. Good things just keep coming unless the foundations change. That hasn't happened.

I think once a program is on top it's not so hurtful to schedule biggies(You are one) but when your team is young and don't really know, a biggie whomps you 42 -13 and for the rest of the season the young kids know without doubt that at LEAST one team out there that is thirty points better than them.

Count your money and we will keep saying, deal darnit deal.:)

mojotrain
08-17-2010, 09:58 AM

After yesterdays practice I feel a little more confident. The D has taken giant strides in the last few practices. The D ends are hard not to watch. Maybe we can make it close.

Eagles
08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
After yesterdays practice I feel a little more confident. The D has taken giant strides in the last few practices. The D ends are hard not to watch. Maybe we can make it close.

And about offense, no news from practice?

mojotrain
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
And about offense, no news from practice?

At warp speed the D seems to dominate. Today the D ends that I thought looked great are now #2s.:eek: On O all I watch is the O line cause you ain't diddly without it.

Eagles
08-18-2010, 05:24 AM
At warp speed the D seems to dominate. Today the D ends that I thought looked great are now #2s.:eek: On O all I watch is the O line cause you ain't diddly without it.

No doubts. O-line is the key for evey kind of offense.

odessapermian.com
08-18-2010, 07:46 AM

I'm not too worried about who is where on the d-line right now. I think the coaches are trying to get everyone a good look, and I fully expect we'll see them all rotating in to stay fresh, all season long.

I agree too about the folly of trying to name the defense. It changes according to opponent, down and distance, etc. We'll line up in 3-4, 4-3, 3-3 stack, etc etc.

SV61
08-18-2010, 08:02 AM
MMMM I could wait forever on this one.

C'mon, man, you ain't playin the 1993 Cowboys!

You'll be playin just another little ol 4A school, that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Honestly, I have no idea of WHAT to expect out of this game.

Other than the fact, that I have my big a$$ sittin in the stands before 7:00!!

Eagles
08-18-2010, 11:53 AM
C'mon, man, you ain't playin the 1993 Cowboys!

You'll be playin just another little ol 4A school, that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Honestly, I have no idea of WHAT to expect out of this game.

Other than the fact, that I have my big a$$ sittin in the stands before 7:00!!

Don't underrate them :)

SV61
08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Don't underrate them :)

Not a chance.

Like I say, I have NO idea of what our boys will look like. I THINK SV will be better this year, than last.

Next year, or even the next, watch out. This one? Maybe the start of that, but I just can't say yet.

mojotrain
08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm sitting under the sign every day at practice with my club, the unoffical Permian Spit and Whittle Club is still trying to figure out the whys of last year.:( None of us have a clue about this year. The O has some talent, we think! They just can't do squat against the D at full speed.

We have no fear of 4-A schools(joke). We have been whipped by Brownwood, Cove and others.

Today we are a average football team, looking for a big time idenity. If we could just once beat someone we shouldn't beat, that would do loads for the confidence of our children. I do hope SV will oblige.

mojotrain
08-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Wow! I'm glad we played with ourselves tonight.:(

mojotrain
08-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow! I'm glad we played with ourselves tonight.:(

this scrimmage was finished this morning. Someone please place one of those little green barfing smiley faces here!

mojotrain
08-25-2010, 11:21 PM
The temprature this am was cool and it's expected to be in the 50s tomorrow am.

I bought my tickets today, reserved a room in Boerne and will leave Odessa friday around 9 am. I think we will win by ten..

SV61
08-26-2010, 09:09 AM
It won't be in the 50's down this way.

We bottomed out at 76 last night. The good news is, we are still at 76 as of 9:00. Little Cloudy today, at least right now. Had some rain also.

Yesterday, topped out about 90. Better than 105.

Lots of decent eatin in Boerne, btw. Magues (Mexican), El Chapparal (Mexican), Both on he Main street. Naples has some of THE best Italian food you will EVER eat. Not just in South Texas. It is on Bandera Road, PROBABLY not all that far from your Hotel.

Be safe headed this way!

Eagles
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM
It won't be in the 50's down this way.

We bottomed out at 76 last night. The good news is, we are still at 76 as of 9:00. Little Cloudy today, at least right now. Had some rain also.

Yesterday, topped out about 90. Better than 105.

Lots of decent eatin in Boerne, btw. Magues (Mexican), El Chapparal (Mexican), Both on he Main street. Naples has some of THE best Italian food you will EVER eat. Not just in South Texas. It is on Bandera Road, PROBABLY not all that far from your Hotel.

Be safe headed this way!

Naples...i live in Naples :)
......go mojoooo ready to start

SV61
08-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Naples...i live in Naples :)
......go mojoooo ready to start

Talk about a commute!

I shoulda been more descriptive!

http://www.naplespizzasw.com/

Eagles
08-27-2010, 06:05 PM
The fever is high. Ready to kickoff ;)
GOOOOOOO MOJOOOOOOO

Eagles
08-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Final: Smithson Valley 6, Permian 0 .... Wow i didn't see the game yet, but this isnt a good result.
I red that o-line killed us. Your opinions, guys?

PermianFan4Life
08-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Final: Smithson Valley 6, Permian 0 .... Wow i didn't see the game yet, but this isnt a good result.
I red that o-line killed us. Your opinions, guys?

I listened to the game and besides our O being a little off we had some stupid penalties that hurt us.

Mojo89
08-29-2010, 06:54 AM
I listened to the game and besides our O being a little off we had some stupid penalties that hurt us.

If you look at the stats, SV beat us down on the lines. 21-9 was the first downs count. I was at the game and watching this offense was painful. The O-line was getting pummeled...not what Im used to seein. Yes, the dumb penalties beat us for sure, but SV did an excellent job. I had heard from others that live in Odessa that the defense was coming around, but the offense needed work. I think that was spot on. I wish GG would get back to running some kind of I-formation and tight end offense, with receivers split.
Glad to see the defense coming around, but the offensive philosophy needs to be trashed...imo.

PermianFan4Life
08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
If you look at the stats, SV beat us down on the lines. 21-9 was the first downs count. I was at the game and watching this offense was painful. The O-line was getting pummeled...not what Im used to seein. Yes, the dumb penalties beat us for sure, but SV did an excellent job. I had heard from others that live in Odessa that the defense was coming around, but the offense needed work. I think that was spot on. I wish GG would get back to running some kind of I-formation and tight end offense, with receivers split.
Glad to see the defense coming around, but the offensive philosophy needs to be trashed...imo.

I hope the O will gel in the next few weeks, We have the most talented group of WR's i've seen in years but I don't know anything about the O line this season.

mojotrain
08-30-2010, 10:42 PM
We had something like four penalties, to many men on the field or illegal substitutions we had maybe two penalties with a line man to far down the field. It was a 6 point game and in 6 point games All of those were in critical and drive killers for Permian or drive inhancers for SV. I assume all of these were earned, whatever, the first one should have been a pretty good Indian sign, change something, right?
I can't explain the reasons, I suppose in the end the kids are just ill prepared .

The D will keep us in games. IMO the weakest part of the Permian D centered around the corners. We play off of the wide outs, let them catch the ball and then try to make a tackle. Thats plus yardage every play

Our O line is decent except when the other team blitzes. Another problem that this old basketball player can't put a finger on. Blitzes are legal are they not?:(

I can't comment on the kids that run, throw or catch. That would seem stupid commenting on them when they don't have the benifit of a better O line.

The SV D line was lean and extremly quick. It didn't hurt them that they played smart. In truth they looked like Old Permian.

The O line was the same. Lean and quick. No fat boys around. The young soph running back looks very good. We spent a lot of time trying to strip the ball, all the while, he moved forward. A really strong kid. I've seen this ball stripping technique ploy on film several times, even practiced by colleges. A new thang!:)IMO its a waste of time unless you know a kid is prone to fumble. In our case we hold a runner up, he pushes on down the field, picks up yards and the clock just keeps running. I still think you have a better chance of creating a turnover by lining the fellow up and knocking the dog out of him.

SV really looked good to me, quick, smart and well coached.

:mad:I and about half a hundred Permian fans were directed into a parking lot and only after walking forever were told we were at the wrong gate and couldn't enter and would need to drive around the mountain and park on the other side. I did but found myself parking among a number of SV students who were all sittling on and around their cars and pickups Listening to CW:heli: Loved it! Wished we had just stayed their and listened to the music.

When the SV fans come to the RAT next season, remind me to give them directions to our parking lots:p

Our D can/will keep us in games

Eagles
09-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Well folks, tomorrow second game versus Bethel from Washington. Hard match for our guys...Bethel seems a really nice team

SV61
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
:mad:

I and about half a hundred Permian fans were directed into a parking lot and only after walking forever were told we were at the wrong gate and couldn't enter and would need to drive around the mountain and park on the other side. I did but found myself parking among a number of SV students who were all sittling on and around their cars and pickups Listening to CW:heli: Loved it! Wished we had just stayed their and listened to the music.

When the SV fans come to the RAT next season, remind me to give them directions to our parking lots:p

You won't be able to get us confused. There aren't any hills in Odessa!!!!

:D

I think I parked in your general vicinity. We parked behind the visitor stands, and walked around to the home side entrance.

On the drive down, We actually passed a Full sized van, with two "P" stickers in the back glass, and then saw it later at the game.

mojotrain
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
You won't be able to get us confused. There aren't any hills in Odessa!!!!

I think I parked in your general vicinity. We parked behind the visitor stands, and walked around to the home side entrance.

On the drive down, We actually passed a Full sized van, with two "P" stickers in the back glass, and then saw it later at the game.

No we will treat you right. The SV side was jam packed and from my view were class. Speak about class, your team taking a knee so close to the goal at the end.:yes:

I did meet one SV fan who gave me a small problem but I made short work of him, or her. At 80 mph my passenger side mirror was no match for a SV turkey buzzard:) but it too died a terrible death in the fight. So the van wasn't mine. If you passed a White Grande Marquee with a frazzle of wires hanging out of the door that may have been mine.:(

Eagles
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
39-21 Permian ... good result for our guys. ;) I red that the rush plays went very well. Nice news from offese.

mojo4life
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Let's go mojo it's time to get that mojo back!! Do it.................!

Eagles
09-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Final: Mojo 53, Cedar Hill 42
It's incredible....it was an huge win. The boys will remember this victory long.
I think that one of the important thing in this win is that no turnover by mojo.
Now let's go with your analysis.

toonman
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Final: Mojo 53, Cedar Hill 42
It's incredible....it was an huge win. The boys will remember this victory long.
I think that one of the important thing in this win is that no turnover by mojo.
Now let's go with your analysis.

Great win Panther Fans. Congratulations.

mojo4life
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Mojo

slcdragonfan
09-11-2010, 11:56 PM
haven't seen ol' mojotrain in a while, but congrats to you on this one, a mighty good win.

PermianFan4Life
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
From the OA

STATISTICS

Permian Cedar Hill

First Downs 18 24

Total Yards 506 559

Rushes-Yards 40-428 31-215

Passing Yards 78 344

Att-Comp-Int 5-10-0 28-38-1

Sacks-Yards 0-0 2-6

Punts-avg. 4-38.5 3-37.3

PR-Yards 0-0 3-47

KR-Yards 6-162 8-200

Fumbles-Lost 0-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards 3-25 6-56

mojotrain
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
haven't seen ol' mojotrain in a while, but congrats to you on this one, a mighty good win.

Guess what! I missed this one:(my OHS grand-daughter is running for South Plains and she was running in a X country meet in Hobbs. I've told you it's not all about football for Odessa.:(

slcdragonfan
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Guess what! I missed this one:(my OHS grand-daughter is running for South Plains and she was running in a X country meet in Hobbs. I've told you it's not all about football for Odessa.:(

Well, that granddaughter is more important in the long run, you made the right choice. I know it hurts to miss it though. :)
Maybe you can get a DVD of it....

Eagles
09-13-2010, 11:01 AM
you made the right choice.

doubtless ;)

...about the game maybe somebody will upload it here -> http://www.cwwesttexas.com/index.html

Eagles
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey...ready for FRIDAY NIGHT????
We host Amarillo at Ratliff. GOOOO MOJOOOO.
Amarillo's QB Parker Rittenberry is a nice player . His Father played for Gaines when he was head coach for the Rebels. MOJO must win to be in playoff run.:heli::heli:

Eagles
09-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Mojo 24 Tascosa 13. The defense was great.
Nice win by Odessa Permian.

mojo4life
09-18-2010, 03:07 PM
fyi mojo was up 21-0 9 min left in second quarter..

mojo4life
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM
21-0 half time against monty

Eagles
09-27-2010, 04:17 PM
21-0 half time against monty

Easy win at past wek-end. On the right way for playoff. ;)

BackNBlack87
10-08-2010, 04:14 PM
in the famous words of Buddy Hale

"Go Mojo"

That is all

AHSeagles
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Random question:

I know the Mojo QB is almost always #20 or 25 depending on even or odd year (correct?). Mojo has 6 state championships. Have more been won by QB's wear 20 or 25? I thought of this randomly the other day and wondered if anyone knew.

BlackAttack
10-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Random question:

I know the Mojo QB is almost always #20 or 25 depending on even or odd year (correct?). Mojo has 6 state championships. Have more been won by QB's wear 20 or 25? I thought of this randomly the other day and wondered if anyone knew.

Off the top of my head-

1980- #20 jerry Hix
1989- #25 Stoney case
1991- #25 Stormy case

in 1965, there wasn't a 25 on the roster. In 1984, I THINK it was #20 but would not swear on it. 1972 I believe we had two different starters throughout the season.

AHSeagles
10-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Off the top of my head-

1980- #20 jerry Hix
1989- #25 Stoney case
1991- #25 Stormy case

in 1965, there wasn't a 25 on the roster. In 1984, I THINK it was #20 but would not swear on it. 1972 I believe we had two different starters throughout the season.

Much obliged.

Eagles
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
i'm wrong or... the playoffs are still possible? :rolleyes:

Mojomadness
10-28-2010, 06:52 PM
i'm wrong or... the playoffs are still possible? :rolleyes:

Very very slim not likely, Must beat OHS and OHS must bet Lee Last game of season since not very likely we beat Abeline. If Lee Beats Midland High this week doesnt matter then theres no chance.

Eagles
10-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Very very slim not likely, Must beat OHS and OHS must bet Lee Last game of season since not very likely we beat Abeline. If Lee Beats Midland High this week doesnt matter then theres no chance.

Thanks...
Really hard situation. The hope is the last to die ;)

BackNBlack87
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Sometimes I play Hawaii 5-0 on my computer and it makes me sad....

mojo4life
11-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Sometimes I play Hawaii 5-0 on my computer and it makes me sad....

YEP... btw way can we fire the mojo internet guy and start over new coaches new internet guy ..Wipe the slate clean .And get back to are roots.

odessapermian.com
11-24-2010, 11:19 PM
You may get your wish on the coaching part- http://mojonation.proboards.com/

odessapermian.com
11-24-2010, 11:55 PM
YEP... btw way can we fire the mojo internet guy and start over new coaches new internet guy ..Wipe the slate clean .And get back to are roots.

Not sure what you can do about this- http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/d7f25ff5002913a7f29c4c62c7d8de3436dea31.jpg

mojo4life
11-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Not sure what you can do about this- http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/d7f25ff5002913a7f29c4c62c7d8de3436dea31.jpg

Thats wronggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

mojo4life
11-25-2010, 12:21 AM
op saw roy when he was in Houston v the Texans ..He was a beast that day to bad they quit targeting him. That game he was prolly the best player on the field. Still Class act :MOJO pride was beaming that day for sure.

mojo4life
11-25-2010, 03:17 PM

for the record I was thinking of a revamping of All the coaches and internet guys...to much fighting/insulting for my taste. NONETHELESS i JUST HOPE WE TURN IT AROUND WHOEVER HOWEVER.

mojo4life
12-22-2010, 02:20 PM
props to mojo's roy williams (although not targeted much with the boys)

He has now moved to 215 all time in rec. yds. with 5203 in 6.75 yrs. once he gets to 8800 he''ll be in the top 50 ......

AHSeagles
01-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok Mojo fans, what can y'all tell me about 2013 defensive end Christian Lacouture? He must be a stud, already picked up an offer and committed to Texas A&M.

odessapermian.com
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Will be a junior in 2011 season. Listed at 6'5" 240# (weight seems low to me) started as a soph. Dad was a pro hockey player from the Boston area.

AHSeagles
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Will be a junior in 2011 season. Listed at 6'5" 240# (weight seems low to me) started as a soph. Dad was a pro hockey player from the Boston area.

Seems low like you think he weighs more, or is over listed? None the less, that's a big kid for a junior to be. What # is he and did he play varsity this past season?

mojotrain
02-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Started most games as a soph @ D-end. IMO should have never been off the field.
6'5" and a low center of gravity, can push like a D-9 and has smarts. He would make a killer pulling guard in the old Permian running game. IMO I think he will make money someday for someone on a O-line. If he wants to. Over the next two years He may grow up and/or out and change everything.

mojotrain
04-23-2011, 11:57 PM
OP writes that the second season begins May 4th. JV from 3:30-5:00 and the big kid start @5:00. After five months of sulking I'm looking forward this.

AHSeagles
04-26-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm hearing that the aforementioned Lacouture is moving?

odessapermian.com
04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm hearing that the aforementioned Lacouture is moving?

Yep. Their house is for sale.

odessapermian.com
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM

:eek:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/c62158542333f2c4672a0479d6473f32dd90bd0.jpg

AHSeagles
04-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Yep. Their house is for sale.

Word is he's moving to College Station and will play at A&M Consolidated. Wonder if it has anything to do with him already being committed to A&M? I'm certainly not sad to see him leave Permian as an Abilene fan. :D

odessapermian.com
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Word is he's moving to College Station and will play at A&M Consolidated. Wonder if it has anything to do with him already being committed to A&M? I'm certainly not sad to see him leave Permian as an Abilene fan. :D

I don't think that is quite accurate.