PDA

View Full Version : Katy Tigers

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gomer93'KHS
09-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Just thought I would be the first one to put a post in here. What are the thoughts on our next game against the Woodz? How will Stock do? How will the backs do?

jc84chill
09-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Man...you guys are fast :notworthy

Katytigers74
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Just thought I would be the first one to put a post in here. What are the thoughts on our next game against the Woodz? How will Stock do? How will the backs do?imo it was stocks first varsity game as a starter and he will be rdy for this and and will jeffries i think will have a big game this friday as well as vernon

85Roughneck
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
62Tiger was right in his comments about the Tiger offense in another thread. I watched the NS game live and then twice again on TV and the offense was actually doing well. Both LT and DY were getting good penetration into NS backfield. The passing game will open up better when you don't have NorthShore DB's covering you. The whole NS defense was so fast that they evened the playing field a lot. I think the NS defense will propably be the toughest if not next toughest D the Tigers see all through the regular season.

Katy will do just fine against Woods.

BANK IT !!! ;)

Katytigers74
09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
anyone know the scores of the subvarsity teams?

ktCarl
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Since 2006 The Woodz has been a tough pre-District opponent for Katy. This seasons pre-District is good enough to get the team play-off ready IMO. Glad it's at Rhodes. I hope concessions doesn't run out of water.
40% chance of showers so bring the red ponchos.

Gomer93'KHS
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
anyone know the scores of the subvarsity teams?

Well sad to say that neither the Sophomore or JV got to play tonight. I believe the Freshmen were also not able to play. Dang the rain! Even though my yard needed it. :rolleyes:

The King
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
62Tiger was right in his comments about the Tiger offense in another thread. I watched the NS game live and then twice again on TV and the offense was actually doing well. Both LT and DY were getting good penetration into NS backfield. The passing game will open up better when you don't have NorthShore DB's covering you. The whole NS defense was so fast that they evened the playing field a lot. I think the NS defense will propably be the toughest if not next toughest D the Tigers see all through the regular season.

Katy will do just fine against Woods.

BANK IT !!! ;)

Katy has lost the opening game a lot of times and gone on to have succesful seasons, we walked away from this one with a win although it was ugly. Im inclined to beleive the low score was due to dominate defenses. North Shore had a beast in the defensive backfield.

Gomer93'KHS
09-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Does anyone else think we need a leader on Offense to step up? Namely Stock. :confused:

Austin109
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
i agree with that. stock needs to settle himself a little. once he gets a rhythm he has the potential to be a monstrous QB. once he starts using the TE and FB as viable targets he will have a lot more options and will be better. just has to get over the "favorite target" hump.

Dynastybegan86
09-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Does anyone else think we need a leader on Offense to step up? Namely Stock. :confused:

I think he's do fair considering he has only 2 starts under his belt. His vision will improve. Let's face the facts fans, we have played 2 very well coached and athletic defenses the past 2 weeks and I do not forsee another D as stout as these 2, jmo. He will improve or he will be pulled, I'm inclined to believe the former rather than the latter. Go Tigers! Go Texas!

Gomer93'KHS
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I think he's do fair considering he has only 2 starts under his belt. His vision will improve. Let's face the facts fans, we have played 2 very well coached and athletic defenses the past 2 weeks and I do not forsee another D as stout as these 2, jmo. He will improve or he will be pulled, I'm inclined to believe the former rather than the latter. Go Tigers! Go Texas!

I did not mean to say at all that he would not improve. I just felt that the first couple of games there did not appear to be an apparent leader on the offense. I also feel that he should be that person. I absolutely agree he has all the skills to be a beast on the field and lead this team to greatness for the third year in a row. After this last game he did do better at letting the play develop first instead of just running. I am a proud member of KatyNation and I believe in the Katy Tigers. Go Tigers! :D

it1glsharp
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
What in the world is Southlake doing ranked ahead of Katy and Northshore. It is like nothing happened with that loss.

Fan4Life
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
What in the world is Southlake doing ranked ahead of Katy and Northshore. It is like nothing happened with that loss.

Its because they soundly beat a great Copell team and NS lost.

PS This thread needs some love yal!

ktCarl
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
PS This thread needs some love yal!

I think everyone hangs out in the 1-7-5 thread. Too lazy to move the cursor all the way to the top of the page and click in here.

Fan4Life
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I think everyone hangs out in the 1-7-5 thread. Too lazy to move the cursor all the way to the top of the page and click in here.

lol, I honestly feel the same way

Dynastybegan86
10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
BLUE is gonna get riden like a horse! Yes! pun intended!

The normal progression for Katy teams show that week 8 is the week that they seem to always put it together..all of it! If the norm happens my good fans, we are possibly looking at shut-out #3!

Blue does look to match up well against us, more-so than any other 1-7-5 team. We need to be LOUD! this week! Bring back the week 0 and week 1 crowd where everyone was yelling! The last few games have been sadly quiet! GET UP PEOPLE! It's BLUE!! :cool:

Gomer93'KHS
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
BLUE is gonna get riden like a horse! Yes! pun intended!

The normal progression for Katy teams show that week 8 is the week that they seem to always put it together..all of it! If the norm happens my good fans, we are possibly looking at shut-out #3!

Blue does look to match up well against us, more-so than any other 1-7-5 team. We need to be LOUD! this week! Bring back the week 0 and week 1 crowd where everyone was yelling! The last few games have been sadly quiet! GET UP PEOPLE! It's BLUE!! :cool:

This was a scary game for me. BLUE played a heck of a game. #13 is a beast on the field, but a little lippy for my tastes. Yes I realize he is a kid, but you got to keep it in check on the field and not cost your team penalties. They played us way to close for my liking, but the kids pulled out the W. BTW I stated earlier in this thread that Katy needs a leader on the field and it appears there are others that think the same way on the coaching staff. They do not feel the same team unity is present this year over last. Also #17 Watkins is going to be special the rest of this year and his senior year. Kid has hands. We need to show some love in this thread... Where is everybody??? :D

kaner0219
11-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm usually just an observer here but have a question for you guys. I heard through a friend who has siblings at Katy that 3 of the football players were busted for steroids. Does anyone know if there is any truth of this or not?

Gomer93'KHS
11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm usually just an observer here but have a question for you guys. I heard through a friend who has siblings at Katy that 3 of the football players were busted for steroids. Does anyone know if there is any truth of this or not?

Not allowed to talk about this stuff on the site. They do not allow heresay or this type of speculation.

Gomer93'KHS
11-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Hello HellO Hello (echoing) Is anyone out there.... Man this place is dead! :D

cougmantx
11-28-2009, 09:07 AM
It seems that between our obsessive fans and the fans of the rest of the state that obsess over us...we have most of the other board...pfffffffff. Hope our team is as dominating on the field the rest of the way...GO TIGERS THREE PEAT...!!!!!!!!11

Gomer93'KHS
11-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Yea we made it to two pages!! :D

Kat-na-hat
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Look what I found:) another Katy thread

Austin109
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
katy drug tests constantly (been tested many times myself there), if you are caught using steroids its automatic removal from the team. if they were busted, it wouldnt matter because they would be gone. how many players did you hear about getting kicked off the team?

not talking about it, just explaining it in a way that uses no names or incidences or examples. just facts.

85Roughneck
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
OK fellas, I hear the 2010 Tigers are looking pretty good.

Haack is in good form
Donovan and Vernon are hittin on all 8
the D is looking stout
the O-line sounds as if they will be solid.

let's get the chatter started ...

cougmantx
05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
OK fellas, I hear the 2010 Tigers are looking pretty good.

Haack is in good form
Donovan and Vernon are hittin on all 8
the D is looking stout
the O-line sounds as if they will be solid.

let's get the chatter started ...

See you at the red/white game I hope. I would go to practice this week end but gotta see my daughter graduate.

cougmantx
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Okay, last post in this thread was a month ago by me...

katyfan52
06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Okay, last post in this thread was a month ago by me...
Want some help??? :)

Don't feel too bad, the last post on the 7L thread was in September of 2009.;)

85Roughneck
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Okay, last post in this thread was a month ago by me...I was hoping this thread would take off, but don't think it ever will. Most of the discussion with us Katy folk takes place on the Katy board or in the 19-5A thread. I don't want to have to cover three different threads to stay updated and "in the know".

Austin109
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I was hoping this thread would take off, but don't think it ever will. Most of the discussion with us Katy folk takes place on the Katy board or in the 19-5A thread. I don't want to have to cover three different threads to stay updated and "in the know".

I come and look every once in a while but there is never anything new and im not exactly up to date on whats going on in Katy these days

dada
06-25-2010, 11:41 AM
62 more days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icxqsmqx4Y0

ktCarl
07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
How come there is more discussion on the main 5A board about Katy than in this thread? :confused:

dada
07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
How come there is more discussion on the main 5A board about Katy than in this thread? :confused:

Dont think people know that much about this one....it can be our Secret Place!

ktCarl
07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Dont think people know that much about this one....it can be our Secret Place!

You are starting to worry me.

Mr. Rod
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.lachschon.de/images/kingpin-1097756864.jpg

Any chance one of ya'll will sport this at the game?

The King
07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.lachschon.de/images/kingpin-1097756864.jpg

Any chance one of ya'll will sport this at the game?

you found KTCarl without Excaliber

katyfan52
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
you found KTCarl without Excaliber
No, it couldn't be...the person in that picture has hair. :rofl:

ray1301
07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
That there is freakin scary! I think it might be Maxtor.

ktCarl
07-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Is that one of Batman's foes?

ktCarl
07-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! It's cold in here.

dada
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
If you are cold....I shall cloth you.....told you this is OUR secret garden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLjMSut_JU

katyfan52
07-10-2010, 08:10 PM

:rofl:

ktCarl
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM

You've been hanging around RR too much. You know what they say, "If you hang around the goats too long you'll start smellin' like them." :)

Gomer93'KHS
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
How many more days before kick-off? I am tired of waiting already! :D

ktCarl
07-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ray1301
07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Still here, waiting.....

I know there has been a lot of talk about the unknowns around the OL, but I think we are going to be a lot better off than some folks think.

ktCarl
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
The 7-Lakes Spartan's thread is longer than this one??????? :eek:

ktCarl
08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
This thread has been quarrantined.

Gomer93'KHS
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
The 7-Lakes Spartan's thread is longer than this one??????? :eek:

That is because there is only a few willing to put their opinion in the 19-5 thread probably. They would rather discuss it in their own semi-private thread. :D

ktCarl
08-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Season is upon us and this thread still sucks. That is all.

dada
08-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Yep, this thread sucks monkey balls. We can probably challenge the language filter and KT2000 will never see it. We can also confess deep dark secrets here and no one will see them.

cougmantx
08-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Yep, this thread sucks monkey balls. We can probably challenge the language filter and KT2000 will never see it. We can also confess deep dark secrets here and no one will see them.

When you have several threads on the main board why have a spicific one :D

Besides the rest of the board is so obsessed with us it takes all our time to keep up with it...:eek:

Kat-na-hat
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
When you have several threads on the main board why have a spicific one :D

Besides the rest of the board is so obsessed with us it takes all our time to keep up with it...:eek:

True, :heli:

ktCarl
08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00

Gomer93'KHS
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00

Nice! To bad some of the comments on there take away from the true meaning of what this guy was trying to do.

ktCarl
08-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Nice! To bad some of the comments on there take away from the true meaning of what this guy was trying to do.

I was just using the tune to describe this thread.

The King
08-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Whats with the Katy Board? I just tried to go their at work and it wouldn't load

dada
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Whats with the Katy Board? I just tried to go their at work and it wouldn't load

Maybe they blocked you lol

ray1301
08-16-2010, 02:48 PM
uhhh what Katy board?

dada
08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
uhhh what Katy board?

Joking right?:)

patitan
09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
hey katy tigers!!! i might be the only guy that's from the triangle rooting for you to SMASH westbrook!!! why??? these guys ACT like they have been a powerhouse. not long ago,they were the whipping boys of the triangle and everyone's homecoming game. they have a skinny d line. an overated qb. the only real player that i see is good is #6. bring them back down to earth!!!

dada
09-15-2010, 08:11 AM
hey katy tigers!!! i might be the only guy that's from the triangle rooting for you to SMASH westbrook!!! why??? these guys ACT like they have been a powerhouse. not long ago,they were the whipping boys of the triangle and everyone's homecoming game. they have a skinny d line. an overated qb. the only real player that i see is good is #6. bring them back down to earth!!!

Nothing different from any other week.....everyone takes it up a notch when they play Katy...that's expected. Katy will have to jump on WB early though...can't let them have long drives like they did the first half of Alief Taylor.

You should come sit with us!:D

ktCarl
09-23-2010, 06:14 AM
This would be the place to put a 7-Lakes vs Katy thread with poll.

Gomer93'KHS
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
This would be the place to put a 7-Lakes vs Katy thread with poll.

Nope. We wouldn't want to spoil our thread! :D

ray1301
10-08-2010, 01:29 PM
How about a Katy vs. MC thread?

dada
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
So do we post here now, not to offend the rest of 19-5A? lol

Lets talk 2011
At QB you have a 3 year letterman that has taken snaps all 4 years. Passed for 1500 yards, 17 TD's 3 Ints

Leading WR Jordan Thompson is back....who will be a 3 year letterman, started the state title game in 08.

Even with DY gone, we have a RB that is 6'2, I expect him to fill out and be over 200 lbs going into his JR year that rushed for 1500 yards and 20 TD's
Take your pick on who he will share carries with, Katy is absoluetly loaded at RB.

The offensive line will be solid with Sowell,Gessler, and Glover returning

Defense was hit hard, but had some super underclassmen this year
DE Matt Dimon started all year as a soph
DE's Jake Miller and Jake Grode are back
Lyons will replace Sampa at NG
Defensive Line will be the strong point
Bo Brown returns at LB so does Super Redhead Brandon Ebrecht...this kid is a ball player. Also I don't know if anyone noticed there was a FRESHMAN out there on the field on defense, won headhunter a few games. LB #45 Jake Blostrom...could start..matter of fact probably WILL start as a soph.

Secondary needs to find some players.....Obviously Baby(Big) Atwood is back, Fulks, but he might be on offense.

Feel free to correct me or add anything.

ray1301
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Lets talk 2011
At QB you have a 3 year letterman that has taken snaps all 4 years. Passed for 1500 yards, 17 TD's 3 Ints

Leading WR Jordan Thompson is back....who will be a 3 year letterman, started the state title game in 08.

Even with DY gone, we have a RB that is 6'2, I expect him to fill out and be over 200 lbs going into his JR year that rushed for 1500 yards and 20 TD's
Take your pick on who he will share carries with, Katy is absoluetly loaded at RB.

Bo Brown returns at LB so does Super Redhead Brandon Ebrecht...this kid is a ball player. Also I don't know if anyone noticed there was a FRESHMAN out there on the field on defense, won headhunter a few games. LB #45 Jake Blostrom...could start..matter of fact probably WILL start as a soph.

Secondary needs to find some players.....Obviously Baby(Big) Atwood is back, Fulks, but he might be on offense.

My concern is also in the defensive secondary. We also lose some leadership on the defense, Clifton, Attwood. How will this effect the defensive side of the ball?

The pass game...... I don't know what to say about this. It is in-line with most of the past Katy teams but does it need to be used more often. Does not investing more in the 7-on-7 hurt or help?

Twice Katy has lost to teams that run a similar defense. Pearland's defense looked a lot like how Abilene played us defensively. How do you adjust for that?

Would it behoove Katy to go more with a pro-set than a power I? Yes, I know they are cut from the same cloth but they are different . You have more versatility in the Pro-set.

Gomer93'KHS
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Lets talk 2011

If I had to say his true backup would be Gomez. I heard we had a Soph move in from MR that is pretty speedy as well. I have heard of possibly moving one of the RB's to another position due to depth at RB. That will not be confirmed until next year though. He will be practicing on the other side of the ball though from what I hear. Only time will tell what will happen with this group of kids. I have been blessed to watch Haack and my son and quite a few of these other boys that will be Sr's next year since 7th grade. They will do well and it will be fun to watch it all unfold.

dada
12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
If I had to say his true backup would be Gomez. I heard we had a Soph move in from MR that is pretty speedy as well. I have heard of possibly moving one of the RB's to another position due to depth at RB. That will not be confirmed until next year though. He will be practicing on the other side of the ball though from what I hear. Only time will tell what will happen with this group of kids. I have been blessed to watch Haack and my son and quite a few of these other boys that will be Sr's next year since 7th grade. They will do well and it will be fun to watch it all unfold.

I'm pretty sure quite a few offensive players will be moved to defense...especially in the secondary.

Austin109
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I cant wait to see how this offense pans out. Taylor put up similar numbers to DY when you adjust for carries. Haack has another year to perfect his game and hopefully the receiving corps will be solid this year.

Defense is never a big concern with Coach J. D line looks stout. ILB's look about the same as they always do. Secondary is a big concern of mine but if we have team speed im sure CJ will put it right where we need it.

This could be another big offense year if it works out how im hoping it will.

dada
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I cant wait to see how this offense pans out. Taylor put up similar numbers to DY when you adjust for carries. Haack has another year to perfect his game and hopefully the receiving corps will be solid this year.

Defense is never a big concern with Coach J. D line looks stout. ILB's look about the same as they always do. Secondary is a big concern of mine but if we have team speed im sure CJ will put it right where we need it.

This could be another big offense year if it works out how im hoping it will.

When I say the RB position is STACKED behind Taylor....it's not an exaggeration.....I think a #2 will be named and the others will be in the defensive secondary.

Like KT said....you have to wonder where Fulks will be.....he will make either side of the ball better. Defensive line will be Solid.

ark20
12-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Gomez will probably be at fullback....

dada
12-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Gomez will probably be at fullback....

I could see that......runs like a bull.

Mong Hu
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I have always wondered why I and others don't come to this thread as much. I kind of like hanging out in here. It is refreshing to be able to talk and read about the team with out some of the distractions of arguments that develop in the other threads. Kind a cozy in here.:D

Gomer93'KHS
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I could see that......runs like a bull.

Well that is definitely a thought that they are and have been looking at. He played both RB and FB on JV this year because they were trying to get him to learn the FB position. It is a much different animal than RB. There is more possibly in the works other than that from what he has told me, but I won't go into that on a message board. I for one will just be happy to see him on the field starting for the team he loves so much. He also just wants to play like all of them and that is why he dropped back down to JV for the Cinco and Taylor games this year after being called up to Varsity. Kid has ADHD bad and hates to sit around watching. :D

Gomer93'KHS
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I have always wondered why I and others don't come to this thread as much. I kind of like hanging out in here. It is refreshing to be able to talk and read about the team with out some of the distractions of arguments that develop in the other threads. Kind a cozy in here.:D

I like it to, but it has been a ghost town up until today! :cool:

Ktswim09
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
You know......i played kyf with Fulks......This guy can run like usain bolt..... He would outrun/Outjuke anybody we played. i wouldn't be surprised to see fulks back up Taylor. or vice versa. ::)

Mong Hu
12-08-2010, 07:09 PM
You know......i played kyf with Fulks......This guy can run like usain bolt..... He would outrun/Outjuke anybody we played. i wouldn't be surprised to see fulks back up Taylor. or vice versa. ::)

I did not hear of this kid through the season but in the past day or two have seen his name several times. Is he a soph this year?

ark20
12-08-2010, 10:01 PM
That want happened. CJ told him why he was a freshman it dont make sense to have your better athletes in the same position. As bad as I want him to be a RB. Its not in the team best interest to have them in the same position.

I know we had AT and DY this year if he would have been put in the equation I think we will still be playing this week...Pitch to one of the backs and reverse back to him....JMO...Its a lot that could have been done with him this year...

dada
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I did not hear of this kid through the season but in the past day or two have seen his name several times. Is he a soph this year?

There was a lot of talk of him before the season started. Yes he was a soph this year....one of the fastest kids in the country...litterally been to the Jr. Olympics the past two years.....I beleive he won district as a freshman in the 100 and 200 and finished the regional finals only behind two other great sprinters Deandrew White(North Shore/Alabama) and Sheroid Evens(Dulles/Texas). He's practiced both sides of the ball, actually started 4 games at corner.

dada
12-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Also, call me crazy, but how many teams could graduate a rb with 2300+ yards, over 35 TD's and there is no drop off in the offense? I don't think there will be....I think the offense will continue on the pace they were on this year.

Austin109
12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Also, call me crazy, but how many teams could graduate a rb with 2300+ yards, over 35 TD's and there is no drop off in the offense? I don't think there will be....I think the offense will continue on the pace they were on this year.

I think AT dominates the #'s DY put up baring injury. Solid O-line coming in this year, Haack will be a bit better. All signs say WATCH OUT! I did like seeing the wing options open up this year but there was never a consistent misdirection attempt to take advantage of what we had. If we run multiple backs with fakes (IE Trinity) I dont think there is a defense in the state that could hold it back.

ray1301
12-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't really have any questions about our offense. I believe it will be solid and performing well.

However it's the defense that I have questions about. We loose a lot to graduation. I know Katy will have solid good defense but it's the leadership that we are graduating.

Austin109
12-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Just a testament to how great those boys did this year.

Player Car Yards AVG TD
Donovonn Young 258 2332 9.04 35
Adam Taylor 158 1531 9.69 20

For every 10 carries DY had, AT had 6.

Every 7th touch DY scored.
Every 8th touch AT scored.

Now consider this - This was DY's first full year. This was AT's sophomore year.

Those guys did a tremendous job this year and I really cant wait to see them both play next year. Where ever DY ends up at and AT in Katy red :heli:

dada
12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't really have any questions about our offense. I believe it will be solid and performing well.

However it's the defense that I have questions about. We loose a lot to graduation. I know Katy will have solid good defense but it's the leadership that we are graduating.

Dline will be OK...You're two DE's were a Soph and a JR. You have Dimon, Miller and Grode...all 6'3+ 220+ underclassemen....remember they were the main guys while Narcisee was out. Losing Clifton is huge......3 year letterman. The #2 and #3 tacklers are back, Bo Brown and Echbrcet(sp)....also another Freshman Phenom, LB who should get a lot of PT......The secondary is where graduation hit hard.....look for some of the 100 RB's Katy have to move to the other side of the ball. Depth and Leadership will be the key. This sophomore class is special.

dada
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Just a testament to how great those boys did this year.

Player Car Yards AVG TD
Donovonn Young 258 2332 9.04 35
Adam Taylor 158 1531 9.69 20

For every 10 carries DY had, AT had 6.

Every 7th touch DY scored.
Every 8th touch AT scored.

Now consider this - This was DY's first full year. This was AT's sophomore year.

Those guys did a tremendous job this year and I really cant wait to see them both play next year. Where ever DY ends up at and AT in Katy red :heli:
That's why I trust guys will move up and make plays....Everyone said "How will you replace Dean?" You had LT, Weber and Vernon....lost Weber and LT, you got Taylor and Young.....and people will say "Well Young was a transfer"....well if there was no DY, you still had Taylor....and Vernon...plus Jermey Miller would still be at RB instead of TE.....

Ktswim09
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
well actually, i played with sowell, Quinn Atwood, Fulks. All these guys can play like a champ. Except when i was with them, Quinn was the QB and Sowell was a LB. And dang could quinn throw.

ray1301
12-10-2010, 07:16 AM
well actually, i played with sowell, Quinn Atwood, Fulks. All these guys can play like a champ. Except when i was with them, Quinn was the QB and Sowell was a LB. And dang could quinn throw.

Hey, Adjust your sig. It's Bluto from Animal House not Pluto

Austin109
12-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey, Adjust your sig. It's Bluto from Animal House not Pluto

Kids these days.

Gomer93'KHS
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Bump! :D

Spart11
05-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Hows the oline looking?

Whose all the starters?

ktCarl
08-04-2011, 06:22 AM
This thread is like those flora overgrown Mayan ruins. Never thought I would see a dead Katy thread in this forum. Somebody take a picture of me while I'm in it. I feel like a paleontologist at a dig.

ray1301
08-04-2011, 06:32 AM
This thread is like those flora overgrown Mayan ruins. Never thought I would see a dead Katy thread in this forum. Somebody take a picture of me while I'm in it. I feel like a paleontologist at a dig.

I know what you mean....:D I look out here often and - nothing

mossad
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
can we borrow a coach from you guys??:( we will take the long snapper coach or something :ninja:

ray1301
08-04-2011, 01:30 PM
can we borrow a coach from you guys??:( we will take the long snapper coach or something :ninja:

Get with Dada. Katy has been out-sourcing him for recruiting efforts for other schools and in return Katy gets TBD talent coming in.

mossad
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Get with Dada. Katy has been out-sourcing him for recruiting efforts for other schools and in return Katy gets TBD talent coming in.

really?? *writing this down* we just need an ok coach and we will be ok:notworthy

dada
08-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I had a big fish on the hook....but it got away...I have one on the line. Let me reel this one in and I'll be glad to help ya Mossad!:D

ktCarl
08-05-2011, 05:51 AM
I had a big fish on the hook....but it got away...I have one on the line. Let me reel this one in and I'll be glad to help ya Mossad!:D

Text me on my phone and tell me who the big tuna was.

What day is Katy's scrimmage again? Text me on the main sticking points you see at the scrimmage. I will be on the beach in Florida. :cool:

ktCarl
08-05-2011, 05:53 AM

Did one of your coaches quit or is the coaching staff not up to your liking at the moment?

HITMAN2010
08-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Since theres been talk abt the lack of experience at the DB position and its an area of concern I hear they just got a DB in from San Antonio, a projected starting safety for the Judson Rockets and now a Katy tiger.

ray1301
08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Since theres been talk abt the lack of experience at the DB position and its an area of concern I hear they just got a DB in from San Antonio, a projected starting safety for the Judson Rockets and now a Katy tiger.

Interesting... Hmmmm. Sure about this one?

dada
08-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Interesting... Hmmmm. Sure about this one?

confirmed....

you're welcome...lol

ray1301
08-08-2011, 08:20 AM
confirmed....

you're welcome...lol

Ah, I see you still work for KHS.

Now quit all that side business for other schools!!!

You know that Katy only wins because we recruit talent.

dada
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Ah, I see you still work for KHS.

Now quit all that side business for other schools!!!

You know that Katy only wins because we recruit talent.

I had to learn the hard way...wanted to get out on my own and start my own business....but...Katy pays well!:D

*disclaimer: this is an on going joke....you KNOW someone will take this seriously...lol*

ray1301
08-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I had to learn the hard way...wanted to get out on my own and start my own business....but...Katy pays well!:D

*disclaimer: this is an on going joke....you KNOW someone will take this seriously...lol*

Especially if Katy goes D1 and makes it out of R3 and Judson wins R4. Then all the recruiting crap talk will start cause Katy would not have made it to the semi's without that "STUD" safety recruited from Judson!

dada
08-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Especially if Katy goes D1 and makes it out of R3 and Judson wins R4. Then all the recruiting crap talk will start cause Katy would not have made it to the semi's without that "STUD" safety recruited from Judson!

he still has to fight for a spot.......some good kids back there.

ray1301
08-08-2011, 09:24 AM
he still has to fight for a spot.......some good kids back there.

Nope, just ask the rest of the folks that think Katy recruits...He's a shoo in for sure - :D

slcdragonfan
08-08-2011, 10:23 AM

You have a stud safety from Judson? What grade is he entering?

dada
08-08-2011, 10:24 AM

CB....too early to say "Stud"...hasnt been on the field yet....he's a Jr.

HITMAN2010
08-08-2011, 08:24 PM
CB....too early to say "Stud"...hasnt been on the field yet....he's a Jr.

I agree no stud but his experience will help, hear he started a few games for judson as a soph and was in heavy rotation before being injured and had to sat out for a few weeks. Started at corner then moved to safety during the spring. I can only assume being a projected starter for a powerhouse like judson then no recruiting was involved in his transfer (DaDa)...lol. Im sure he'll miss his teammates. Welcome aboard I.B.

ktCarl
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM

He's pretty dern good. He's 22 yrs old.

Mr. Rod
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM

Probably should of read that part before I reported you to the UIL. :D

dada
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I agree no stud but his experience will help, hear he started a few games for judson as a soph and was in heavy rotation before being injured and had to sat out for a few weeks. Started at corner then moved to safety during the spring. I can only assume being a projected starter for a powerhouse like judson then no recruiting was involved in his transfer (DaDa)...lol. Im sure he'll miss his teammates. Welcome aboard I.B.

Do you have another user name??? I think I may know you..lol

Experince is a great thing....especially at that position. Huge addition IMO.

ktCarl
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey! There's a Katy thread in here! :eek:

85Roughneck
08-30-2011, 09:26 PM
does anyone ever post here anymore ...

hell, even the crickets echo in here. :rofl:

cougmantx
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM

hell, even the crickets echo in here. :rofl:

Hey bro...good to see you the other night...head'n to New Jersey (again) in the morning...see ya on the back side.

pro23
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Just wondering, how do yall like coach Gary Joesph?

ktCarl
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Just wondering, how do yall like coach Gary Joesph?

Please. Only post questions in here concerning the Katy Tigers.

ktCarl
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.
A kid'll eat ivy too wouldn't you?

ktCarl
10-05-2011, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSWf_yIV-d4&feature=related

ktCarl
10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9peZ5WOtL0

Mong Hu
10-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Question for the Katy faithful. How did blue Taylor put up 14points on us?

Mong Hu
10-29-2011, 08:10 PM
With so much being made of how quite the Katy fan section has been and how routine wins have become this begs the question. Is this the best Defense statistically speaking that we have had in Katy? It seems that it is difficult for teams to even challenge this D. Is this a function of the Defense or the competition we face? Obviously it is a combination of both but which is the more significant contributor?

Kat-na-hat
10-29-2011, 08:44 PM

Refs, gave them a first down, called a fumble an incomplete pass, new life and a slant pass, boom. Refs called a trapped ball in the end zone a TD when his view was blocked by the reciever. Ref looked at the side judge to make call and well no call ment it must be a td.

Kat-na-hat
10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
With so much being made of how quite the Katy fan section has been and how routine wins have become this begs the question. Is this the best Defense statistically speaking that we have had in Katy? It seems that it is difficult for teams to even challenge this D. Is this a function of the Defense or the competition we face? Obviously it is a combination of both but which is the more significant contributor?

Defense is stout against the run, secondary is good but a high caliber QB with protection and a few speedy recievers will be difficult for Katy me thinks. The crowd is bored, the quiet is due to the non challenges we have had. People leaving before half time.....I think the '98 team had a better overall D, but this D is really good against the run, they are smothering.

Mong Hu
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Defense is stout against the run, secondary is good but a high caliber QB with protection and a few speedy recievers will be difficult for Katy me thinks. The crowd is bored, the quiet is due to the non challenges we have had. People leaving before half time.....I think the '98 team had a better overall D, but this D is really good against the run, they are smothering.
Kat-na-hat thanks for the info

Dynastybegan86
10-29-2011, 09:47 PM

All part of the game BUT!

The Tigers D forced the qb out of the pocket and had him smothered, ball comes out, Tigers recover!! Oh wait, the refs we had didn't call it a fumble, they called it an incomplete pass...WHAT! So, next play, quick screen and he was off for a td(55-60 yards). It was well executed by Blue( my mouth hurts just typing this). TD 1.

Second half

Deep route well covered, nice pass from Blue qb(read above) but a little long, WR stretches out bobbles it hits the ground bobbling it and ball hits turf, but no refs in position to see it, the ref on the opposite side runs in, Blue WR rolls over with ball in hand..TOUCHDOWN....WHAT! Horrible crew.

Hey we won playing somewhat sloppy, but Blue played somewhat inspired ball and caused us to punt several times today.

The biggest scare came late in the 3rd qtr when Haack scrambles down the sidelines, gets the first down, but tries for more instead of doing the smart thing which was to step out of bounds. He got rocked on the sidleine, fell down, mouth piece must have gone 10 yards, tried to get up but stumbled a few yards and fell again. Thought he might have been done right there, scary. He came out for a series and then went back in for the last td drive. I wouldnt have let near the field, personally.

On this same play, the Blue coach starts arguing with the ref while they're attending to Haack, probably saying he fumbled which he didnt but the ball came out when he hit the ground.

Follow all of that...? lol

Dynastybegan86
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM

It's both! 19-5a way down, and this Katy D is way up!

I do not believe you're going to run on this Katy D with any sort of success.

Unless...you have a strong oline, mobile and accurate qb, and about 2 or 3 great receivers.

Against the pass, we've done very well to cover the WR's and put lots of pressure on the qb. We sacked the MM qb 9-10 times last week.

Again, a good oline who can pass block will slow us down but I do not forsee any in our near future.

Mong Hu
10-30-2011, 06:49 AM

The Tigers D forced the qb out of the pocket and had him smothered, ball comes out, Tigers recover!! Oh wait, the refs we had didn't call it a fumble, they called it an incomplete pass...WHAT! So, next play, quick screen and he was off for a td(55-60 yards). It was well executed by Blue( my mouth hurts just typing this). TD 1.

Second half

Deep route well covered, nice pass from Blue qb(read above) but a little long, WR stretches out bobbles it hits the ground bobbling it and ball hits turf, but no refs in position to see it, the ref on the opposite side runs in, Blue WR rolls over with ball in hand..TOUCHDOWN....WHAT! Horrible crew.

Hey we won playing somewhat sloppy, but Blue played somewhat inspired ball and caused us to punt several times today.

The biggest scare came late in the 3rd qtr when Haack scrambles down the sidelines, gets the first down, but tries for more instead of doing the smart thing which was to step out of bounds. He got rocked on the sidleine, fell down, mouth piece must have gone 10 yards, tried to get up but stumbled a few yards and fell again. Thought he might have been done right there, scary. He came out for a series and then went back in for the last td drive. I wouldnt have let near the field, personally.

On this same play, the Blue coach starts arguing with the ref while they're attending to Haack, probably saying he fumbled which he didnt but the ball came out when he hit the ground.

Follow all of that...? lol

DB86,

Thanks for the info. It sucks living so far away and not being able to get to games. So it does seem the passing game might be an opponents best chance for success against this team.

TigerHat
10-30-2011, 09:31 AM

l

Hong Mu, It starts a little earlier than that.

The refs obviously decided "The game needed 'evening up'". Katy ball spots: when the ball carrier went down the ball was spotted at his feet - when it was a Taylor spot the spot was at the ball carriers head - (assuming both fell forward). Immediately before the fumble - I'm sorry incomplete pass into the turf at the QB's feet that didn't make the line of scrimmage and would, if it were a pass, have been intentional grounding - Taylor was literally given a first down.

It was on a QB dive play from the shotgun on a third and three at the 27. The offensive line was piled up at the 29, the QB was stonewalled at the 28, the ball was spotted beyond the 30, so I guess this spot was at the tacklers feet. There were gasps of disbelief and loud boos from the crowd when that happened.

Before the second TD there was an absurd pass interference call against the Katy defense. The Katy defender was clearly going for the ball - he had inside position - using perfect technique he hit the ball and knocked it away. The receiver - also going for the ball jumped back into him. That is what I saw live - they put the play up on replay on the big screen - the camera amazingly saw the same thing I did live. Very loud boos from the crowd on that call.

There was also the Katy TD pass (post pattern) called back for "ineligible receiver down field" The receiver was the only player out on the play, the linemen on max protection had dropped back to form a pocket. Maybe the refs could have BS'ed a holding call, but "ineligible receiver down field" - please.

As a coach, you know that football is a game of inches, when the refs are blatantly cheating by yards on almost every spot - it makes a big difference.

Gomer93'KHS
10-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Hong Mu, It starts a little earlier than that.

The refs obviously decided "The game needed 'evening up'". Katy ball spots: when the ball carrier went down the ball was spotted at his feet - when it was a Taylor spot the spot was at the ball carriers head - (assuming both fell forward). Immediately before the fumble - I'm sorry incomplete pass into the turf at the QB's feet that didn't make the line of scrimmage and would, if it were a pass, have been intentional grounding - Taylor was literally given a first down.

It was on a QB dive play from the shotgun on a third and three at the 27. The offensive line was piled up at the 29, the QB was stonewalled at the 28, the ball was spotted beyond the 30, so I guess this spot was at the tacklers feet. There were gasps of disbelief and loud boos from the crowd when that happened.

Before the second TD there was an absurd pass interference call against the Katy defense. The Katy defender was clearly going for the ball - he had inside position - using perfect technique he hit the ball and knocked it away. The receiver - also going for the ball jumped back into him. That is what I saw live - they put the play up on replay on the big screen - the camera amazingly saw the same thing I did live. Very loud boos from the crowd on that call.

There was also the Katy TD pass (post pattern) called back for "ineligible receiver down field" The receiver was the only player out on the play, the linemen on max protection had dropped back to form a pocket. Maybe the refs could have BS'ed a holding call, but "ineligible receiver down field" - please.

As a coach, you know that football is a game of inches, when the refs are blatantly cheating by yards on almost every spot - it makes a big difference.

I totally agree. Poor officiating. It seems the last two games have been blatantly bad for crews! Hope it isnt a sign of things to come in the playoffs........

62tiger
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Watched the game on HUDL. JT appeared to be covering up the TE on the TD that was called back. He looked to be on the line. When Dimon went out he became the ineligible player.

Second time this has happened.

62tiger
10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Mong,

I have been watching Katy FB for a long time. I have had one playing in the secondary for the last five years. This is a very good D. Secondary is obviously the part that is most susceptible. They are all new!

We lost 4 Srs from last years squad. One was a three yr starter, two others were two yr guys. Of course the new guys are going to be looked at. They are in a very tough position start with.

They are helped tremendously by a very good front 7. As good a front 7 that I have seen in a long time. Plus the Katy schemes do not hurt.

Everyone keeps mentioning the competition........I do not care who you play, 44 points in 9 games against NS,AT, BWB, SL, MEM, and others is stupid!

And that is 44 points with the 2s, 3s and 4s playing a lot of the second halves.

I have said it a million times......Katy fans are spoiled. That is good and bad.

ktCarl
11-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Mong,

I have been watching Katy FB for a long time. I have had one playing in the secondary for the last five years. This is a very good D. Secondary is obviously the part that is most susceptible. They are all new!

We lost 4 Srs from last years squad. One was a three yr starter, two others were two yr guys. Of course the new guys are going to be looked at. They are in a very tough position start with.

They are helped tremendously by a very good front 7. As good a front 7 that I have seen in a long time. Plus the Katy schemes do not hurt.

Everyone keeps mentioning the competition........I do not care who you play, 44 points in 9 games against NS,AT, BWB, SL, MEM, and others is stupid!

And that is 44 points with the 2s, 3s and 4s playing a lot of the second halves.

I have said it a million times......Katy fans are spoiled. That is good and bad.

When are the 5's ever going to get a chance to play?

Knight Night
11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
It's both! 19-5a way down, and this Katy D is way up!

I do not believe you're going to run on this Katy D with any sort of success.

Unless...you have a strong oline, mobile and accurate qb, and about 2 or 3 great receivers.

Against the pass, we've done very well to cover the WR's and put lots of pressure on the qb. We sacked the MM qb 9-10 times last week.

Again, a good oline who can pass block will slow us down but I do not forsee any in our near future.

Hmmmm is 5 weeks the near future?

2A Tiger
11-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Hmmmm is 5 weeks the near future?

You and I are thinkin' the same thing. Harlingen is gonna be a tough matchup for the Tigers. ;)

Knight Night
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
LOL good one

Dynastybegan86
11-21-2011, 12:29 AM
LOL good one

It would've been a 'good one' if Harlingen was in D2:D

Oh, and yes, 3 weeks(now) is 'in the near future'

jc84chill
11-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I thought this was a pretty awesome video from our run-out prior to the Cy Woods game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTE9i1hIsPA&feature=related

Sure gives a good idea of how packed/loud that place was.

Kat-na-hat
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I wonder what would happen if all the Katy posters only posted in this thread for one week and left the main board? :eek:

dada
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I wonder what would happen if all the Katy posters only posted in this thread for one week and left the main board? :eek:

board would die

Kat-na-hat
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
board would die

Just think if no Katy posters argued for one week and was nothing but :)

Mclintock
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
I wonder what would happen if we only posted in the PAM thread for one week?:eek::eek::eek:

Kat-na-hat
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I wonder what would happen if we only posted in the PAM thread for one week?:eek::eek::eek:

Better Yet, don't post at all, think about it....;)

Dynastybegan86
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM
How is everyone doing? I have a question for Katy fans, did anyone see Katy run any counters last night? I wasn't able to be there and listened to the game on the internet on my way back from Oklahoma. It seems we only ran the toss sweep and dive plays with a lot of passing in down and distances we should have been running on??? Thoughts?

1984Lobo
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Dang KATY i really hated to see you guys get knocked out of the playoffs almost more than i hated to see Longview Loose......I wanted to meet you guys in the Death Star for a rematch...Oh well good luck to ya'll and hope we meet up again one day.......

allendad
11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
CRAP !

Here at the beginning of the year
I was hoping that we both could meet up
at the end of the year. The I thought we
would both be in Arlington as DI and DII reps.

I guess some things just ain't to be !:(

Take care y'all ! ! !

dada
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
To keep from clouding up the main board...I will post all Katy info here until next season....LaPorte played a great game...it was hard to do anything with that wind and it came down to field position...... Haack had guys open on several occasions and if the LP pressure didnt get to him...the wind did. I'm expecting ANOTHER run next season.....all is not lost
Key guys back on offense:
Kyle Fulks(WR) One of the fastest kids in the country(litreally) Started the season on Defense...then moved to Offense and found a home...a former RB....dangerous player. I expect him to go both ways next season and will probably have 500 rushing yards, 500 Recieving yards and 5 pics....plus a few returns for TD's..... 2nd Team AD WR, 1st Team AD All-purpose

Andrew Englett(WR)

Kylie HuddlestonQB) Think he will be the guy going into his JR...around 6'0 200 lbs....running game will give him time to get comfortable.

Rodney Anderson(RB) 1100 yards and 16 TD's as a FRESHMAN.....with Taylor and Bickham coming back...maybe he moves back to WR??? who knows 19-5A Newcomer of the year

Adam Taylor(RB May have been the missing piece in Katy's power game this season....way ahead of schedule....lets see how he responds when he gets back 2010 19-5a Newcomer of the year

Ricky Bickham(RB) quietly rushed for over 600 yards (8 yards per carry)

Alex Fisher(FB) great hands out of the backfield alternated with Grizaffi 2nd Team AD All Purpose

Aaron Sowell(OL) Another missing piece to Katy's power game.....this kid is a BEAST.....could be back on the Oline...or NT....scary

WR Lane Rodgers....nice size deep threat

TE Logan Lister....Soph TE transfer from California...about 6'5 220...will go through his first Katy offseason and S&C...should bulk up....another Zach Swanson(Virginia)?????

TE Sloan Spiller.....younger brother of TE Stein Spiller

Defense
Isaiah Brown(CB) Shut down corner.....lots of talent 2nd Team AD

Quinn Atwood yes, another one....the biggest one lead team in INTS 1st Team AD

Carson Strickler Tall OLB with an eye for the ball...always seems to be in the right place

Jake Blomstrom Remember this name...was on Varsity as a freshman last year and was a Beast this year 1st Team AD

Matt Dimon Not Human.......best D lineman I've seen in awhile 1st Team AD Tight End, 1ST Team AD(U) DE

Others to watch on D that played Key parts this year:
Seth Carbajal(brother of 2008 state title game defensive mvp)
Cole Barry
Blake Dalton
Cody Gessler
Chris Harper

Pretty sure I'm forgetting some players......

dada
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.katyabc.org/football_extras.html

cougmantx
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
To keep from clouding up the main board...I will post all Katy info here until next season....LaPorte played a great game...it was hard to do anything with that wind and it came down to field position...... Haack had guys open on several occasions and if the LP pressure didnt get to him...the wind did. I'm expecting ANOTHER run next season.....all is not lost
Kyle Fulks(WR) One of the fastest kids in the country(litreally) Started the season on Defense...then moved to Offense and found a home...a former RB....dangerous player. I expect him to go both ways next season and will probably have 500 rushing yards, 500 Recieving yards and 5 pics....plus a few returns for TD's.....

Andrew Englett(WR)

Kylie HuddlestonQB) Think he will be the guy going into his JR...around 6'0 200 lbs....running game will give him time to get comfortable.

Rodney Anderson(RB) 1100 yards and 16 TD's as a FRESHMAN.....with Taylor and Bickham coming back...maybe he moves back to WR??? who knows

Adam Taylor(RB May have been the missing piece in Katy's power game this season....way ahead of schedule....lets see how he responds when he gets back

Alex Fisher(FB) great hands out of the backfield alternated with Grizaffi

Aaron Sowell(OL) Another missing piece to Katy's power game.....this kid is a BEAST.....could be back on the Oline...or NT....scary

TE Logan Lister....Soph TE transfer from California...about 6'5 220...will go through his first Katy offseason and S&C...should bulk up....another Zach Swanson(Virginia)?????

Defense
Isaiah Brown(CB) Shut down corner.....lots of talent

Quinn Atwood yes, another one....the biggest one lead team in INTS

Carson Strickler Tall OLB with an eye for the ball...always seems to be in the right place

Jake Blomstrom Remember this name...was on Varsity as a freshman last year and was a Beast this year

Matt Dimon Not Human.......best D lineman I've seen in awhile

Cole Barry
Blake Dalton
Cody Gessler
Chris Harper

There is no doubt there are some great players returning next year...some of which we didn't have the services of this year. I just hate the next 9 months of nothinginess...:(

ray1301
11-28-2011, 08:43 PM
How is the 2012 OL going to shake out? Three OL graduating.

jc84chill
11-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Good stuff Dada... been wanting to get this thread more active.

jc84chill
11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
How is everyone doing? I have a question for Katy fans, did anyone see Katy run any counters last night? I wasn't able to be there and listened to the game on the internet on my way back from Oklahoma. It seems we only ran the toss sweep and dive plays with a lot of passing in down and distances we should have been running on??? Thoughts?

Depressed. Really sank in today.

Umm, I remember maybe one counter. I know we passed off the counter action at least a couple times.

I need to go back and watch the film (can't bring myself to do it yet), but I felt like there was a lot more that we could have done offensively. Most notably, the jet sweep with Kyle. The way they were lined up was just begging to get beat with the jet sweep. We faked it once and handed off to Rodney. Didn't see even a hint of it outside of that. :mad:

It was clear pretty early on that we weren't winning the LOS up front (2000 was telling anyone that would listen), so I thought we might adjust at the half with some different looks...

2A Tiger
11-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Seems like screens and draws may have worked against such an aggressive D. Did Katy run any screens or draws?

jc84chill
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Seems like screens and draws may have worked against such an aggressive D. Did Katy run any screens or draws?

No screens, but then again, we don't have much of a screen game to speak of anyway.

Nothing was working up the middle. Our most successful run on the night came late in the game on a student body right (RA picked up around 20 yards).

Austin109
11-29-2011, 12:45 AM
What bothered me is the basically ran the same 3 defensive plays over and over but their base stayed the same.

3-3-5 with a safety or DB walked up in front of a TE, one walked up over the FB, and then dared the tigers to beat them in the air with man coverage. The rest was just blitzes and defensive line stuff. The one time we lined up without a FB they walked the head up guy over the new WR. Seems like it wouldve been a little more effective if we had widened the game out some, ran counters, screens, short passes, and basically spread it out a bit. It baffles me how they didn't adapt to this at all.

jc84chill
11-29-2011, 01:08 AM
What bothered me is the basically ran the same 3 defensive plays over and over but their base stayed the same.

3-3-5 with a safety or DB walked up in front of a TE, one walked up over the FB, and then dared the tigers to beat them in the air with man coverage. The rest was just blitzes and defensive line stuff. The one time we lined up without a FB they walked the head up guy over the new WR. Seems like it wouldve been a little more effective if we had widened the game out some, ran counters, screens, short passes, and basically spread it out a bit. It baffles me how they didn't adapt to this at all.

I feel the same way you do. I was looking for the quick throws out to JT, we have a few in our bag. We ran one that gained 6-8 yards in the first half, but never saw it again.

Seriously would have loaded up on those types of plays in the second half when it was clear Brooks wasn't on his game downfield, the run game was ineffective, and the wind wasn't helping anything. Also given the fact that we couldn't get a positive first down play to save our lives, this is a high percentage type of play that should have been a go-to deal on first downs for a quick 6-8 yards. Also gives you a great opportunity to break a big one when JT has the ball in his hands basically 2 v 2 out on the edge.

Think we were a bit stubborn in this area.

dada
11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
How is the 2012 OL going to shake out? Three OL graduating.

That will be the question mark......some big kids were out there with the move ups though.....Like I said....hopefully its good enough to have Sowell move to the other side of the Ball......He, Gessler and Dimon would be crazy

Kat-na-hat
11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Good stuff Dada... been wanting to get this thread more active.

Agree:yes:Let's open the play book, Who is the choice for QB next year?

Austin109
11-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I feel the same way you do. I was looking for the quick throws out to JT, we have a few in our bag. We ran one that gained 6-8 yards in the first half, but never saw it again.

Seriously would have loaded up on those types of plays in the second half when it was clear Brooks wasn't on his game downfield, the run game was ineffective, and the wind wasn't helping anything. Also given the fact that we couldn't get a positive first down play to save our lives, this is a high percentage type of play that should have been a go-to deal on first downs for a quick 6-8 yards. Also gives you a great opportunity to break a big one when JT has the ball in his hands basically 2 v 2 out on the edge.

Think we were a bit stubborn in this area.

Im right there with you. I remember when I suggested earlier on in the year that we transition a bit more into a pistol set to give BH an extra second to read the defenses and give us a bit more options passing and I got about 10 messages roughly to the effect of "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!"

I think the I form a very versatile tool but then again so is every other set if used right. I like to mix and match. If something works better in certain situations and the only change is a 3 yard change in how we line up... DO IT! I think the offense is slow to change though. I do like seeing the motions with Fulks, the wing sets, and the pistol come out. All of them enhance the I - not eliminate it.

jc84chill
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Obviously this will be the 1 million dollar question. I've heard junior-to-be Huddleston and soph-to-be Sy Slater will be in the mix. I've heard really good things about the youngster, Slater, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the kid has. Those are the two names I've heard so far.

Dynastybegan86
11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
I too like the idea of getting this particular thread moving up in post count. Here we can actually talk amongst ourselves and keep any arm-chair coaching talking points off the main board. Keeping certain topics here and off the main board would also buffer some of the "hating", can't stop it all!

So let's talk about our last 3 losses...

2009 Abilene, no doubt they had speed and used it well. However, once again offensive play calling or offensive adjustments left us all wondering why?

Abilene played a yard off the ball and destroyed our student body right/left, however, between the tackles we dominated them. The question most of us asked was, "why didn't we continue with what worked?" End of the day, a loss.

2010 Pearland, again no doubt they were a very effective offense and had good speed in the defensive front. Once again, they were effective in slowing the student body right/left, however again, the between the tackles stuff dominated them. Yet again, we were left with the same question as the year before, "Why didn't we continue with what was working?" End of the day, another loss.

2011 La Porte, offensively they weren't going anywhere but defensively they were dominating us in the trenches and that was hard to believe and swallow. It seems to me, that yet AGAIN, we were too stubborn to make offensive adjustments. No counters, no jet sweeps, no ISO's, if there were any there weren't enough of them. Intermediate passing was obsolete. The wind maybe played a role, but most of the texts I received early on were that Haack was off. You have to adjust to it and we didn't. At the end of the day, La Porte handed us our heads and another loss that left similar questions in our minds.

Discuss or thoughts...

jc84chill
11-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I too like the idea of getting this particular thread moving up in post count. Here we can actually talk amongst ourselves and keep any arm-chair coaching talking points off the main board. Keeping certain topics here and off the main board would also buffer some of the "hating", can't stop it all!

What I'm thinking. Can't stop the hating, as long as we're successful, the hating will be there. However, given our large numbers on the board, this is a place we can talk amongst ourselves year round without dominating the main board and hopefully less troll interaction.

2009 Abilene, no doubt they had speed and used it well. However, once again offensive play calling or offensive adjustments left us all wondering why?

Abilene played a yard off the ball and destroyed our student body right/left, however, between the tackles we dominated them. The question most of us asked was, "why didn't we continue with what worked?" End of the day, a loss.

Agree here. Also, we finally gave Brooks the keys to the passing game late on and he drove us right down for a touchdown. Makes ya wonder what could've been had we discovered this a little earlier on. But this kinda speaks to the craziness that was 2009... a minor miracle we even made it that far due to the transition we went through in the middle of the playoffs.

Then you consider a makeshift offensive line, a soph QB in only his second or third varsity start, injuries at linebacker, and yet we were able to be competitive against an elite opponent.

Defensively, we gave up some big plays, but we defended Abilene just as well (if not better) than anyone else had all year. We totally shutdown Herschel Sims except for the one run he busted on us.

Abilene entered the game firing on all cylinders for weeks. We entered the game in transition and not really knowing what we had.

2010 Pearland, again no doubt they were a very effective offense and had good speed in the defensive front. Once again, they were effective in slowing the student body right/left, however again, the between the tackles stuff dominated them. Yet again, we were left with the same question as the year before, "Why didn't we continue with what was working?" End of the day, another loss.

I was baffled by not continuing with the between the tackle stuff that worked all day long too. However, at the end of the day, Katy shouldn't/doesn't lose a ballgame in which they score 30+. I can't fault the offense for this one. Very timely defensive breakdowns and missed opportunities did us in. We were ONE play away from not only beating Pearland, but winning the title. I am convinced that we saw the two best teams in the state that day.

2011 La Porte, offensively they weren't going anywhere but defensively they were dominating us in the trenches and that was hard to believe and swallow. It seems to me, that yet AGAIN, we were too stubborn to make offensive adjustments. No counters, no jet sweeps, no ISO's, if there were any there weren't enough of them. Intermediate passing was obsolete. The wind maybe played a role, but most of the texts I received early on were that Haack was off. You have to adjust to it and we didn't. At the end of the day, La Porte handed us our heads and another loss that left similar questions in our minds.

Discuss or thoughts...

Obviously, I agree with this point. When you only score 7 points in a football game, just about everything has to go wrong all at once. La Porte's strong D, field position, Brooks was off, wind, playcalling, down & distance, timing, turnovers, you name it...it was all wrong.

Championship-level defense by the Tigers though.

Was talking about this with Champ and 2000 earlier today... most disappointing Katy loss in my years following the Tigers (since 1994). Before this, it was Clear Lake... but even then we were suffering from a lot of injuries on D going into that game. 2001 against Madison, we were actually the underdog to VYs group that year (almost pulled it out but the ref botched fumble call on the punt return). 1996 against Lamar ranks up there...

Some will point to getting shut-out by The Woodlands or losing to Cinco Ranch, but I don't personally count any regular season games among the most disappointing.

Maybe we need to go back to being embarrassed by a Lufkin, John Tyler, The Woodlands, etc. early on. :) Maybe Coach J should look into scheduling the Cowboys in a home and home starting next year.

ktCarl
11-30-2011, 06:10 AM
What I'm thinking. Can't stop the hating, as long as we're successful, the hating will be there. However, given our large numbers on the board, this is a place we can talk amongst ourselves year round without dominating the main board and hopefully less troll interaction.

What took ya'll so long?!?!?!?!?!

I kept posting here trying to redirect you folks(Katy posters) and nothing but crickets.

Who made the coffee? :D :cool:

merc
11-30-2011, 07:04 AM
May God Bless him, his family and all of you.

dada
11-30-2011, 07:53 AM

Huddleston....IMO

dada
11-30-2011, 07:55 AM

Discuss or thoughts...

3 of those teams won State Titles....Jury still out on LaPorte but they are a good team......sometimes you just have to give other teams credit for being better.

dada
11-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Kyle Fulks(WR) One of the fastest kids in the country(litreally) Started the season on Defense...then moved to Offense and found a home...a former RB....dangerous player. I expect him to go both ways next season and will probably have 500 rushing yards, 500 Recieving yards and 5 pics....plus a few returns for TD's..... 2nd Team AD WR, 1st Team AD All-purpose

Andrew Englett(WR)

Rodney Anderson(RB) 1100 yards and 16 TD's as a FRESHMAN.....with Taylor and Bickham coming back...maybe he moves back to WR??? who knows 19-5A Newcomer of the year

Adam Taylor(RB May have been the missing piece in Katy's power game this season....way ahead of schedule....lets see how he responds when he gets back 2010 19-5a Newcomer of the year

Alex Fisher(FB) great hands out of the backfield alternated with Grizaffi 2nd Team AD All Purpose

Defense
Isaiah Brown(CB) Shut down corner.....lots of talent 2nd Team AD

Quinn Atwood yes, another one....the biggest one lead team in INTS 1st Team AD

Jake Blomstrom Remember this name...was on Varsity as a freshman last year and was a Beast this year 1st Team AD

Matt Dimon Not Human.......best D lineman I've seen in awhile 1st Team AD Tight End, 1ST Team AD(U) DE

Cole Barry
Blake Dalton
Cody Gessler
Chris Harper

Gonna add yearly awards in red as they come in

ray1301
11-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Discuss or thoughts...

The offensive play calling in pressure games in the play-offs also has me scritching my head.

As far as the La Porte game, the week before I was telling folks at work that La Porte has a very good defensive and if Katy offense has an off night then that could be the game.

Why did we not go for a FG in the third quarter instead of forcing a pass into double coverage for a pick?

Why don't we run more out of a split back pro-set? Also agree with Austin on the pistol formation.

I think what we are seeing across the state are coaches that have been watching and learning from the Katy system and the Trinity system and it has just taken a while for the programs to catch up to Katy.

Jury is definitely still out on La Porte but all indications are their program is on the right track with the right mentality. Depth will be the issue going forward in that program as it always has.

Steele is another program that is building steam. Jinks has set it up like Katy's. Building the foundation early and bringing players up thru the system.

As I mentioned in the off season, Katy is not declining. No, the other programs are catching up.

I want to see Katy challenged in the pre-district. Take a loss or two if is makes the team better.

Also, all these posts about Katy being arrogant, boastful, etc... Those posters spewing that garbage need to look in the mirror.

ray1301
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Oh and another thing, notice how posting in the main board has dropped off dramatically. Maybe because there are less teams left or maybe the majority of the Katy fan base knows football and we like to analyze, break it down, etc... regardless of the team. Seems quieter since so much Katy hate was being blasted that we are now posting a majority of posts in the team thread?

cougmantx
11-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Getting back to this tread is a great idea. It would be nice to talk about the team without the other stuff that always comes up when Katy is the subject on the main board. I sometime go into the SLC or Trinity thread to say hi or offer support but most times I just read them to get the pulse of those particular teams fans.

I didn't see the La Porte game as I was out of town. We checked the board going into the fourth and saw it was still 7-6 and I knew we were in trouble because of the kicker La Porte had. I said he was a concern for me in another thread and that turned out to be more truthful than I thought it would be at the time. I really expected Katy to win by 14-21 points.

I have never understood the play calling on the offensive side when we are in these battles. The Pearland game was the most baffling. We had run the ball on them all day and then to make three passing calls in a row just didn't seem right. The downs before that Katy had the ball we had marched down field in like what, 45 seconds? I was also a little surprised the TE didn't get move involved in the short to medium passes.

Anyway...it's been a sad week for me so far.

cougmantx
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh and watching some of the tape posted after the game I am really surprised how much penetration the offensive line of La Porte was getting on the front seven of Katy. I hadn't seen that in a long time.

I was told La Porte won the game in the trenches and from what I have watched I think that is right...

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Back from vacation.

9-7? 7 points in 4 quarters? Really? I dont care how good La Porte's defense is. 7 points? If I hear "give La Porte's defense all the credit" one more time I'll vomit.

Pearland...I get it. The matchup was always going to cause problems. But La Porte? Hold them to 9 points and still lose?

I understand the weather limited the passing game and La Porte stacked the box, but we've seen that tons of times before.

Has to be something else to it.

The more and more I think about it and try to put it together. Noone can convince me that the La Porte Bulldogs in 2011 are better than the Katy Tigers. Yet I can't figure out how we lost. Someone help me.

merc
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow... I am surprised sadly.
I thought that the folks who always display the most online enthusiasam for their High School team of their kids... or even their past glorydays, would also show some concern/empathy/sympathy for a current Katy classmate who died in a traffic accident last night and whose death I announced about a half dozen posts ago.

I have my own thoughts about the long time Katy posters not caring about the current Katy kids... but that is for another thread.

I would hope that even those that don't really care about the current Katy kid that died would also offer their thoughts and prayers and support for the friends and family of the deceased.... even if they don't really mean it. Jeesh.

Come on now... Katy support means for all Katy kids and not just for football ones... right?

dada
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Back from vacation.

9-7? 7 points in 4 quarters? Really? I dont care how good La Porte's defense is. 7 points? If I hear "give La Porte's defense all the credit" one more time I'll vomit.

Pearland...I get it. The matchup was always going to cause problems. But La Porte? Hold them to 9 points and still lose?

I understand the weather limited the passing game and La Porte stacked the box, but we've seen that tons of times before.

The more and more I think about it and try to put it together. Noone can convince me that the La Porte Bulldogs in 2011 are better than the Katy Tigers. Yet I can't figure out how we lost. Someone help me.

1. You have to give LaPorte credit.....they won the field position battle.
2. didnt have to worry about the pass in going into the wind...Brooks was 6 for 23...had Fulks behind the defense on the last drive and the ball just fluttered away.

Neither team could do anything on offense....it was a defensive game....LP won the special teams and field position battle. First score was the result of a punt return to the Katy 6.....FG was the result of a Katy 13 yard punt into the wind in their own territory.

There was no offense in this game at all...Katy had 144 total yards, LP had 122

Also, I think the season caught up with Rodney...remember...kid was playing JR high ball last season...8 games... took a beating vs Cy-Woods carrying the ball 29 times.......so we missed Adam, we missed Gomez......but LaPorte deserves a lot of credit.

dada
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I thought that the folks who always display the most online enthusiasam for their High School team of their kids... or even their past glorydays, would also show some concern/empathy/sympathy for a current Katy classmate who died in a traffic accident last night and whose death I announced about a half dozen posts ago.

I have my own thoughts about the long time Katy posters not caring about the current Katy kids... but that is for another thread.

I would hope that even those that don't really care about the current Katy kid that died would also offer their thoughts and prayers and support for the friends and family of the deceased.... even if they don't really mean it. Jeesh.

Come on now... Katy support means for all Katy kids and not just for football ones... right?
To be honest....I havent heard anything about it.
*edit* there is a thread about it on the Katy board titled "It really is just a game"

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 01:48 PM
1. You have to give LaPorte credit.....they won the field position battle.
2. didnt have to worry about the pass in going into the wind...Brooks was 6 for 23...had Fulks behind the defense on the last drive and the ball just fluttered away.

Neither team could do anything on offense....it was a defensive game....LP won the special teams and field position battle. First score was the result of a punt return to the Katy 6.....FG was the result of a Katy 13 yard punt into the wind in their own territory.

There was no offense in this game at all...Katy had 144 total yards, LP had 122

Also, I think the season caught up with Rodney...remember...kid was playing JR high ball last season...8 games... took a beating vs Cy-Woods carrying the ball 29 times.......so we missed Adam, we missed Gomez......but LaPorte deserves a lot of credit.

I saw the numbers, but the numbers La Porte put up are consistant with the Katy/La Porte previous matchups. I get the La Porte numbers. Their offensive style plays right into our hands.

It was our numbers that are driving me crazy. Passing game or not. AT no AT. Tired Rodney fresh Rodney. It just doesn't equal to 144 total yards of offense and 7 total points no matter how I try to look at it.

It's baffling. I've tried to make every excuse, but it just doesn't add up unless the offensive line was completely horrid.

I watched a bunch or La Porte clips coming into the game and frankly they looked like a team that would score about 9 points on our defense. The La Porte defense certainly looked fast and hungry, but not much faster than North Shore if at all.

It just doesn't make any sense.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Is this a joke? What exactly were you looking for? It's a sad deal for sure, but I guess I'm not certain as to what you were expecting as a reply.

dada
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I saw the numbers, but the numbers La Porte put up are consistant with the Katy/La Porte previous matchups. I get the La Porte numbers. Their offensive style plays right into our hands.

It was our numbers that are driving me crazy. Passing game or not. AT no AT. Tired Rodney fresh Rodney. It just doesn't equal to 144 total yards of offense and 7 total points no matter how I try to look at it.

It's baffling. I've tried to make every excuse, but it just doesn't add up unless the offensive line was completely horrid.

I watched a bunch or La Porte clips coming into the game and frankly they looked like a team that would score about 9 points on our defense. The La Porte defense certainly looked fast and hungry, but not much faster than North Shore if at all.

It just doesn't make any sense.
With the way both defenses were playing....7 points was enough to win that game. LaPorte was just has physical as Katy was on both lines.....neither team could do anything....Field position was the difference...LaPorte kept forcing katy to Drive 80+ yards.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
With the way both defenses were playing....7 points was enough to win that game. LaPorte was just has physical as Katy was on both lines.....neither team could do anything....Field position was the difference...LaPorte kept forcing katy to Drive 80+ yards.

I love you

But I dont believe you. :D

dada
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I love you

But I dont believe you. :D

It happened....I saw it with my own two eyes.....when LaPorte got the ball late in Katy territory, with the wind...and an outstanding kicker.....we knew it was just a matter of time.

ray1301
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
One of the greatest defensive games I have witnessed since I played in one back in the dark ages. Funny thing is the team I played on also lost 9-7 with the opposing teams kicker making a 43 FG mid-way in the 4th quarter. It was for the Georgia semi-finals

dada
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
One of the greatest defensive games I have witnessed since I played in one back in the dark ages. Funny thing is the team I played on also lost 9-7 with the opposing teams kicker making a 43 FG mid-way in the 4th quarter. It was for the Georgia semi-finals

Exactly......that was an old fashioned HW fight.....unfortunatley...someone had to lose....and it was Katy.....The Katy defense did a great jop.......LP was able to improvise more....I mean, even the TD was a busted play and the QB turned nothing into something with his legs....LP made more plays than katy....that's it.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Exactly......that was an old fashioned HW fight.....unfortunatley...someone had to lose....and it was Katy.....The Katy defense did a great jop.......LP was able to improvise more....I mean, even the TD was a busted play and the QB turned nothing into something with his legs....LP made more plays than katy....that's it.

I still don't believe you. La Porte wins this game 6 out of 10 times?

Can we make the bracket double elimination? :D

dada
11-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I still don't believe you. La Porte wins this game 6 out of 10 times?

Can we make the bracket double elimination? :D

Offensively....they played right into Katy's defensive stenght....they would have had trouble moving the ball wind or not......

They have a bend but don't break defense....that wasnt the first game where they lost the total yards battle but won the game......they made the right plays at the right time in a game where you couldnt afford to make mistakes. Katy isnt a finesse team......you needed an Adam Taylor or Cody Gomez in this game to rotate with Anderson.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I've heard very good things about Huddleston (sp) and the transfer TE from California.

My biggest question is what the OLine will look like next year and who is going to take Lyons spot at NT?

List of returning players who were on the varsity roster come playoff time.

1 Kyle Fulks DB 5'8 155 JR
4 Isaiah Brown DB 5'11 165 JR
12 Andrew Englett WR 5' 11 170 JR
18 Kiley Huddleston QB 5'10 190 SO
19 Chris Harper DB 5'11 175 JR
21 Quinn Atwood DB 6' 180 JR
24 Blake Dalton DB 5'8 155 JR
25 Carson Strickler OLB 6'1 165 JR
26 Rodney Anderson RB/WR 5'10 170 FR
28 Adam Taylor RB 6'1 205 JR
30 Ricky Bickham RB 5'5 155 JR
33 Anthony Henry RB 5'10 175 JR
37 Seth Carbajal OLB 6' 180 JR
41 Jacob Austin LB 5'7 170 JR
42 Alex Fisher RB 5'9 170 JR
43 Cole Barry LB 6' 180 JR
45 Jake Blomstrom LB 6' 190 SO
68 Aaron Sowell OL 6' 280 JR
74 Dylan Pool DL 5'9 210 JR
76 Josh Diehr OL 6'2 240 JR
79 Javier Lopez OL 5'11 295 JR
80 Andy Coonrod WR 5'10 145 SO
85 Lane Rodgers WR 6'2 175 JR
87 Logan Lister TE 6'4" 215 SO
89 Sloan Spiller TE 6' 200 SO
93 Cody Gessler DL 5'10 220 SO
94 Matt Dimon DE 6'2 235 JR
97 Anthony GamboneDE 5'11 205 JR

Doesnt seem like very many.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Sowell, Diehr, and Lopez are the only listed Olinemen. Anyone know of any other down in the ranks that may be candidates?

dada
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I've heard very good things about Huddleston (sp) and the transfer TE from California.

My biggest question is what the OLine will look like next year and who is going to take Lyons spot at NT?

List of returning players who were on the varsity roster come playoff time.

1 Kyle Fulks DB 5'8 155 JR
4 Isaiah Brown DB 5'11 165 JR
12 Andrew Englett WR 5' 11 170 JR
18 Kiley Huddleston QB 5'10 190 SO
19 Chris Harper DB 5'11 175 JR
21 Quinn Atwood DB 6' 180 JR
24 Blake Dalton DB 5'8 155 JR
25 Carson Strickler OLB 6'1 165 JR
26 Rodney Anderson RB/WR 5'10 170 FR
28 Adam Taylor RB 6'1 205 JR
30 Ricky Bickham RB 5'5 155 JR
33 Anthony Henry RB 5'10 175 JR
37 Seth Carbajal OLB 6' 180 JR
41 Jacob Austin LB 5'7 170 JR
42 Alex Fisher RB 5'9 170 JR
43 Cole Barry LB 6' 180 JR
45 Jake Blomstrom LB 6' 190 SO
68 Aaron Sowell OL 6' 280 JR
74 Dylan Pool DL 5'9 210 JR
76 Josh Diehr OL 6'2 240 JR
79 Javier Lopez OL 5'11 295 JR
80 Andy Coonrod WR 5'10 145 SO
85 Lane Rodgers WR 6'2 175 JR
87 Logan Lister TE 6'4" 215 SO
89 Sloan Spiller TE 6' 200 SO
93 Cody Gessler DL 5'10 220 SO
94 Matt Dimon DE 6'2 235 JR
97 Anthony GamboneDE 5'11 205 JR

Doesnt seem like very many.

How many do you want??? lol
Many teams would love to have all that coming back.....a lot of those players started throughout the season or made key contributions. Oline will have some nice size......maybe Sowell could be the NG....but...Gessler could be the guy...rotated with Lyons and started the game Lyons was out.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 02:35 PM
How many do you want??? lol
Many teams would love to have all that coming back.....a lot of those players started throughout the season or made key contributions.

True, but it seems thin at key positions.

dada
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
True, but it seems thin at key positions.

See...that's the misconception you get when you DONT ATTEND GAMES! LOL
You missed all those underclassmen making plays.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
See...that's the misconception you get when you DONT ATTEND GAMES! LOL
You missed all those underclassmen making plays.

How many varsity starts do we have coming back on the offensive line? Sowell doesnt count due to injury and the fact that he's a beast and we all know it. Lopez played well at times correct? Outside of those guys, what do we have?

NT...who will play NT? We all know how important the NT is on defense for us. Is there a kid outside of Lyons who contributed alot at NT?

I'm asking because I don't know.

Trust me...I wish I could have made more games.

Katy Tigers football games < My daughters softball games.

dada
11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
How many varsity starts do we have coming back on the offensive line? Sowell doesnt count due to injury and the fact that he's a beast and we all know it. Lopez played well at times correct? Outside of those guys, what do we have?

NT...who will play NT? We all know how important the NT is on defense for us. Is there a kid outside of Lyons who contributed alot at NT?

I'm asking because I don't know.

Trust me...I wish I could have made more games.

Katy Tigers football games < My daughters softball games.

Javier Lopez 1st team All District and with the injuries...a lot of OL got playing times Tigerfan2010 can give you more input on the OL.

Gessler got a lot of time at NT...finished the Cinco Game when Lyons got hurt, started the Madison game. He's they younger brother of Cole Gessler. Gambone also saw significant playing time.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Was Lopez a G or C?

rwilleby
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I didn't even realize this love fest existed... All Katy, all the time...

jc84chill
11-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Back from vacation.

Which is to my earlier point that it's a combination of everything on the offensive side of the ball going wrong, in addition to playing a stiff front 9. I can't give La Porte enough credit for showing up with their A game defensively. At the same time, I have to also recognize that we brought our F- offense.

We really looked lost for ideas in the second half. Even on the last drive when we had the ball around midfield with a chance to win the game...on 2nd and 3rd down of the hurry up O, it looked like half our guys didn't know what play was being called from the sidelines. Anything that could've gone wrong, went wrong on this side of the ball.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Which is to my earlier point that it's a combination of everything on the offensive side of the ball going wrong, in addition to playing a stiff front 9. I can't give La Porte enough credit for showing up with their A game defensively. At the same time, I have to also recognize that we brought our F- offense.

We really looked lost for ideas in the second half. Even on the last drive when we had the ball around midfield with a chance to win the game...on 2nd and 3rd down of the hurry up O, it looked like half our guys didn't know what play was being called from the sidelines. Anything that could've gone wrong, went wrong on this side of the ball.

IMO it all goes back to the regular season. The team the last 2 years was never in a position in the regular season to go through these motions and experience a pressure situation. They were used to being up and on the bench in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I remember telling Bobcat81 when I met him that night that Katy's regular season schedule really was starting to worry me this year even if we played in D2.

It just seems that the last 2 years in games where we needed a drive to win, the coaching staff and team were a little rusty and kind of panicked.

I'm really hoping for a step up in week 0-3 competition and less district opponents come realignment.

BlakeJ
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
HA! Just saw the game on video. You guys are to nice to our opponents.

The team I watched in the video was not the same team I watched for most of the year. Katy had a bad game.

- Piss poor blocking from the FB's and line.
- Bad decision by my favorite player while in scoring position.
- Uncharacteristic turnovers.
- Weather.

I didn't see a team in La Porte on that video who looked like they could beat Katy under "normal" circumstances.

My questions have been answered.

LaPorte/PAM winner will be schloberknocked by Steele.

jc84chill
11-30-2011, 06:49 PM
IMO it all goes back to the regular season. The team the last 2 years was never in a position in the regular season to go through these motions and experience a pressure situation. They were used to being up and on the bench in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I remember telling Bobcat81 when I met him that night that Katy's regular season schedule really was starting to worry me this year even if we played in D2.

It just seems that the last 2 years in games where we needed a drive to win, the coaching staff and team were a little rusty and kind of panicked.

I'm really hoping for a step up in week 0-3 competition and less district opponents come realignment.

You certainly may be onto something. I know a lot of people are looking for answers after this one because this was a very good team with a high ceiling.

LPSweatthawg
11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Congratulations to Jordan Thompson and his committment to WVU.

jc84chill
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM

The team I watched in the video was not the same team I watched for most of the year. Katy had a bad game.

- Weather.

I didn't see a team in La Porte on that video who looked like they could beat Katy under "normal" circumstances.

Can always count on you to speak your mind. :D

Just a weird, weird deal that I certainly didn't see coming. Everyone is understandably so careful not to bring up the weather as a factor because other folks will jump on them instantly for using it as THE excuse. I'm of the opinion that I don't care if we were playing in a hurricane, you shouldn't have lost when your defense holds the opponent to 9 points, 7 first downs, and 122 total yards of offense.

However, there's no doubt that high winds affected our gameplan much more than it did La Porte's based on the strengths of each offense. I mentioned about five days before and again about 3 days before kickoff that the forecast certainly favored La Porte. However, I still thought there were some other things we could do to come out on top. Unfortunately, that didn't come to fruition.

Of course, the fumble near midfield and the interception deep in their territory proved to be monumental. Still, could've overcome those IMO.

jc84chill
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Congratulations to Jordan Thompson and his committment to WVU.

Holgerson is very high on JT based on what I've heard. Playing time in the slot as a true freshman isn't out of the question. Perfect fit for JT and a coach that knows how to utilize his skillset.

Kat-na-hat
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Discuss or thoughts...

I have asked this question too. As if we were coaches who had a 157-20 record? I wonder what might have been though if we mixed things up a bit more. AS for 2009 the fake put was real. Anybody have the stats on the 20 losses what they average spread is? other than the blowout I bet it ain't much.

Dynastybegan86
12-01-2011, 12:04 AM
HA! Just saw the game on video. You guys are to nice to our opponents. You're a punk!

The team I watched in the video was not the same team I watched for most of the year. Katy had a bad game. You have to give La Porte's defense a lot of credit:cool:

- Weather.

I didn't see a team in La Porte on that video who looked like they could beat Katy under "normal" circumstances. Katy didn't lose because of the weather MORON! They lost because La Porte had a great defensive game plan, they were all over Haack all night long. It didn't matter if he was passing or handing off, they were getting after him PERIOD

LaPorte/PAM winner will be schloberknocked by Steele. We'll see if it happens

^^^^^^:)

Dynastybegan86
12-01-2011, 12:06 AM
I have asked this question too. As if we were coaches who had a 157-20 record? I wonder what might have been though if we mixed things up a bit more. AS for 2009 the fake put was real. Anybody have the stats on the 20 losses what they average spread is? other than the blowout I bet it ain't much.

You just love to make me work, don't you?!:p

Dynastybegan86
12-01-2011, 12:30 AM
157-20 record
Anybody have the stats on the 20 losses what they average spread is? other than the blowout I bet it ain't much.

2001 Losses
Tyler John Tyler revenge game 35-3
Humble 12-0
Kingwood 28-17
Hou Madison(VY) 40-21

2002 Losses
Lufkin 41-16
Hastings 14-13
Elsik 19-16
Smithson Valley 24-20

2003 Loss
Lufkin 35-14

2004 Losses
Aleif Taylor 23-21
Clear Lake 35-34

2005 Loss
Southlake Carroll revenge game 34-20

2006 Loss
Cy-Falls revenge game 28-21

2008 Losses
Northshore 10-6
TWHS 47-0
Cinco Ranch 27-21 OT

2009 Loss
TWHS 31-27
Abilene 28-17

2010 Loss
Pearland 38-35

2011 Loss
La Porte 9-7

558-329
average loss 28-16

So the answer to your question is...12 points

By the way, lots of quality teams on that list

ktCarl
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Gonna add yearly awards in red as they come in

Also put Blomstrom's position on D. DL? LB? DB?

Please? :cool:

ray1301
12-01-2011, 07:15 AM

- Weather.

Piss poor blocking from the OL? Really, piss poor? I disagree

dada
12-01-2011, 07:59 AM
also put blomstrom's position on d. Dl? Lb? Db?

Please? :cool:

lb

BlakeJ
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
^^^^^^:)

You disagree with me and go straight to the name calling. Am I a bandwagon fan to?

Very Forward Passy of you. :yes:

BlakeJ
12-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Piss poor blocking from the OL? Really, piss poor? I disagree

piss poor is a poor use of words, but the blocking was not very good...unless La Porte's front line is the best we've seen in 3 years....which by watching other La Porte game footage...I don't believe that.

FB's whiffed on a ton of blocks in front of the RBs as well.

dada
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Congrats to JT on his verbal to West Virginia.

BlakeJ
12-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Congrats to JT on his verbal to West Virginia.

I always wondered how that kid was never getting a look. Well earned.

ray1301
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
piss poor is a poor use of words, but the blocking was not very good...unless La Porte's front line is the best we've seen in 3 years....which by watching other La Porte game footage...I don't believe that.

FB's whiffed on a ton of blocks in front of the RBs as well.

There were some missed blocks but it's that way in just about every game. When you take a balanced offensive attack and remove one aspect (either the run or the pass) then that just makes the opposing defense that much better.

LP wasn't worried about the pass too much and just concentrated on stopping the run which they have done very well all season. The LP defense front 8 were just spot on. It is going to happen occasionally.

Trying to find excuses and blaming the OL for the loss is not correct in my opinion

BlakeJ
12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
There were some missed blocks but it's that way in just about every game. When you take a balanced offensive attack and remove one aspect (either the run or the pass) then that just makes the opposing defense that much better.

LP wasn't worried about the pass too much and just concentrated on stopping the run which they have done very well all season. The LP defense front 8 were just spot on. It is going to happen occasionally.

Trying to find excuses and blaming the OL for the loss is not correct in my opinion

Not making excuses...just making observations. You hit on half of my observation. The weather permitted La Porte to do things on defense they wouldn't have been able to do on a nice day.

ray1301
12-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Not making excuses...just making observations. You hit on half of my observation. The weather permitted La Porte to do things on defense they wouldn't have been able to do on a nice day.

Agree. I'll drop it. I mean your a stinking ND fan! so why bother - LOL

I guess I am a little touchy about the OL play and how some (not always you) blame the OL for practically every thing that goes wrong.

It was a tough loss for Katy and a good win for LP.

BlakeJ
12-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Agree. I'll drop it. I mean your a stinking ND fan! so why bother - LOL

I guess I am a little touchy about the OL play and how some (not always you) blame the OL for practically every thing that goes wrong.

It was a tough loss for Katy and a good win for LP.

Leave ND alone you stinkin meth lab owner. :D

Im not blaming everything on the OLine. There was a play in the game where Katy had a chance to score atleast 3 and my favorite player made a mental mistake.

It's one of those games that you know we should have won because we are better than them...but it just didn't happen due to alot of things. Like I said...Pearland...I got that loss. That was always going to be a tough matchup for our defense...but La Porte???? It is what it is.

ray1301
12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Leave ND alone you stinkin meth lab owner. :D

Im not blaming everything on the OLine. There was a play in the game where Katy had a chance to score atleast 3 and my favorite player made a mental mistake.

It's one of those games that you know we should have won because we are better than them...but it just didn't happen due to alot of things. Like I said...Pearland...I got that loss. That was always going to be a tough matchup for our defense...but La Porte???? It is what it is.

Not anymore! I could not get good help. Billy Joe Jim Bob (last no good meth head) screwed up and burnt the dang cook house down! You know you just can't get good help these days! I'm going to have to go and recruit on the East side of Houston

jc84chill
12-01-2011, 03:24 PM
OL was not THE problem, but agree with BlakeJ that it certainly was A problem in this game. No question about it.

dada
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Year in Review!....Didnt end the way we expected, but still a great ride.....Who remembers in 2008 the playoffs started and when the QB's where warming up everyone thought "Who is the Kid with no name on his jersey wearing #20???" That kid was a freshman....his first completion was a 11 yard pass to Kyle Hirshfelder...in the Regional finals.....vs La Porte.....Ironic....Haacks' first and last completion as a Tiger was vs La Porte. Great 4 years........the names may change, but the Tiger teams stays the same.......so, until 2012....here ya go....courtesy of my buddy Doug at The Grind.

2011 Red & White Game:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_895580.html

Town Pep Rally and first look at the "Freshman":
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_897323.html

Scrimmage vs College Park:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_897415.html

Katy 34 North Shore 6(no sound):
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_897788.html

Katy 31 Alief Taylor 0:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_898006.html

Katy 42 Westbrook 7:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_898786.html

Katy 46 Seven Lakes 7:

Katy 55 Strake Jesuit 3:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_899443.html

Katy 45 Morton Ranch 7:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_899641.html

Katy 52 Mayde Creek 0:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_900160.html

Katy 45 Memorial 0:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_900445.html

Katy 52 Katy Taylor 14:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_900748.html

Katy 38 Cinco Ranch 7:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_901070.html

Katy 63 Madison 7:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_901379.html

Katy 44 Cy Woods 30:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_901684.html

Some guys that are itching to get back on the field:
Adam Taylor:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_895560.html

Aaron Sowell:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/video_897354.html

jc84chill
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Game day!!!! errr....

This sucks. :Censor:

dada
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
year in review:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/article_94795.html

Kat-na-hat
12-03-2011, 08:13 PM
year in review:
http://www.ihigh.com/hsgrind/article_94795.html

Stop with the tear in review already. I watched Sam Holl today whoop up on some longhorns instead.

ray1301
12-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Stop with the tear in review already. I watched Sam Holl today whoop up on some longhorns instead.

That was absolutely great! I watched the game in between listening to HSFB on the net.

I also watched UH lose to my Alma Mater USM.

Kat-na-hat
12-03-2011, 08:24 PM
That was absolutely great! I watched the game in between listening to HSFB on the net.

I also watched UH lose to my Alma Mater USM.

Watched that one too, USM looked stout on d, and flipped back and forth on the Ga/ LSU game until the 3rd. Ga coulda made a game of it, oh well. and I bottled a hopped up holiday brew that will be ready Christmas week.

ray1301
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Watched that one too, USM looked stout on d, and flipped back and forth on the Ga/ LSU game until the 3rd. Ga coulda made a game of it, oh well. and I bottled a hopped up holiday brew that will be ready Christmas week.

Does that mean it has cinnamon and crap like that in it?

Kat-na-hat
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Does that mean it has cinnamon and crap like that in it?

None of that crap. Extra Hops, kinda like an IPA

ktCarl
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Here's one for the IMO comment.

O.K., I'll say it...Haack was overrated as a Katy QB.

Katy QB's better than Haack;

Ron Peters
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

I don't have the secret archives of Katy stats but thinking back I could remember Kaspar connecting on more deep TD passes in one season than Haack did in 4 seasons.

O.K., ya'll can beat up on me now but remember it's Christmas time.

Dynastybegan86
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Ron Peters Ron??? it's ROB!
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

I don't have the secret archives of Katy stats but thinking back I could remember Kaspar connecting on more deep TD passes in one season than Haack did in 4 seasons.

And you call yourself a Katy fan, SMH!

ktCarl
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
And you call yourself a Katy fan, SMH!

That's just a typo. The body of work is priceless.

Dynastybegan86
12-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Ron Peters
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

As far as Haack being over-rated, I guess everyone has an opinion. He's had some pretty good OLine's in front of him that helped his success. DUH, right? How do you rate a QB's ability?

ktCarl
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
As far as Haack being over-rated, I guess everyone has an opinion. He's had some pretty good OLine's in front of him that helped his success. DUH, right? How do you rate a QB's ability?

I rate results...not ability.

Kat-na-hat
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Ron Peters
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

Haack was a good QB, but we missed some of the things we had seen in the past, the touch on the long ball for one. But would things have been different if he had a Michael Fuda, instead of JT?

jc84chill
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Ron Peters
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

I rate results...not ability.

As far as being "overrated" though, what is/was the standard for him? State titles? If it's state titles, then I believe that's more of a team thing than a Haack thing. We've proven that we can win state titles with QBs that are nothing more than above average high school QBs.

I think if we're considering the word "overrated" with him, then that's purely on us for putting unrealistic expectations on him from the get-go.

I prefer to consider the whole package of skills, competition, results, etc... Obviously, there's no number or stat that defines this, but I think you've got to consider it all to be fair to the QB.

Without putting much thought into it... IMO.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Matt Gore
3. Jared Kaspar
4. Brooks Haack
5. Bo Levi Mitchell
6. Rob Peters

As far as football career after High School, I think Brooks will finish as the 2nd or 3rd most successful to come out of Katy. One thing is for sure, we've been blessed with some serious talent at the quarterback position over the years.

rwilleby
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
As far as being "overrated" though, what is/was the standard for him? State titles? If it's state titles, then I believe that's more of a team thing than a Haack thing. We've proven that we can win state titles with QBs that are nothing more than above average high school QBs.

I think if we're considering the word "overrated" with him, then that's purely on us for putting unrealistic expectations on him from the get-go.

I prefer to consider the whole package of skills, competition, results, etc... Obviously, there's no number or stat that defines this, but I think you've got to consider it all to be fair to the QB.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Matt Gore
3. Jared Kaspar
4. Brooks Haack
5. Bo Levi Mitchell
6. Rob Peters

As far as football career after High School, I think Brooks will finish as the 2nd or 3rd most successful to come out of Katy. One thing is for sure, we've been blessed with some serious talent at the quarterback position over the years.
Something like this?
1. Andy Dalton
2. Bo Levi Mitchell
2. Brooks Haack

jc84chill
12-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Something like this?
1. Andy Dalton
2. Bo Levi Mitchell
2. Brooks Haack

Yuppers.

Obviously not talking about a large number of quarterbacks here, but when discussing where Brooks ultimately falls as a QB, I think he can solidify himself among the elite with a good post-HS career.

Dynastybegan86
12-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Just an interesting story about a player from our friends in the PNW.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Lucky-broken-finger-saved-Washington-player-821?urn=highschool-wp9292

ktCarl
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
As far as being "overrated" though, what is/was the standard for him? State titles? If it's state titles, then I believe that's more of a team thing than a Haack thing. We've proven that we can win state titles with QBs that are nothing more than above average high school QBs. Yet couldn't do it with a top rated QB? But if you're going to rate a QB as one of Katy's top 3 you have to have at least one State Title or State Title appearance in the mix. Haack's tenure saw one great running team with a good defense and one good balanced attack team with a great defense but didn't have enough to help push the team over the top like a top rated QB would.
I think if we're considering the word "overrated" with him, then that's purely on us for putting unrealistic expectations on him from the get-go. Then I'm obviously basing my opinion on unrealistic expectations.
I prefer to consider the whole package of skills, competition, results, etc... Obviously, there's no number or stat that defines this, but I think you've got to consider it all to be fair to the QB. I believe leading a team to a State Final would be the ultimate consideration.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Matt Gore
3. Jared Kaspar
4. Brooks Haack
5. Bo Levi Mitchell
6. Rob Peters

Brooks is too high on your list. Mitchell was a much better passer and had that intangible, winning ingredient that made him one of Katy's better QB's. He should be above Haack.

I'm not bashing Haack as a QB. I'm just saying I think we overrated him a bit.

cyfallsbooster2
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Brooks is too high on your list. Mitchell was a much better passer and had that intangible, winning ingredient that made him one of Katy's better QB's. He should be above Haack.

DUDE!!! You have to look at the surrounding cast in order to judge the qb. We had Kolby Gray (OUTSTANDING QB) but no receivers a few years back (db86 and poolman can confirm)....so was he good or bad because he did not have great stats and win lots of games?

Oh, sorry. I did not mean to stumble across the Katy thread.

jc84chill
12-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Oh I know you're not bashing him. GEEZ CARL. :D

You may be right on Mitchell, I didn't get too see all of his games as I did with Brooks due to being in college at the time. I just think if you plug Brooks into that team, you would get the same result, so that doesn't really separate the two for me.

DUDE!!! You have to look at the surrounding cast in order to judge the qb. We had Kolby Gray (OUTSTANDING QB) but no receivers a few years back (db86 and poolman can confirm)....so was he good or bad because he did not have great stats and win lots of games?

Oh, sorry. I did not mean to stumble across the Katy thread.

I agree 100%. This is where I'm coming from with Haack.

Regarding your highlighted red addition above, Carl...

We THOUGHT we had all these "great" parts that Brooks was working with....butttttt, errrrrr, apparently we didn't or else we wouldn't have lost two weekends ago.

I'm convinced 2010 was a great Katy team, unfortunately Brooks/Katy ran into the one team that was better (IMO). I'm also of the opinion that most of these other title winning Katy teams/QBs didn't run into a team as strong as 2010 Pearland in their respective playoff runs. The only one I can point to is 2003 Southlake Carroll with Ben Johnson as our QB. Why wouldn't he on your list?

I certainly understand where you're coming from, I just don't agree. :)

We haven't had to worry about the quarterback position for two full years now. That is a different story starting this offseason and we're quickly going to realize how much we miss Brooks.

cougmantx
12-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Man how the worm turns! Going into the playoffs many were elated to bring up how Haack hadn't thrown an interception during the regular season. How good his percentage of completions were and how many yards he had for passing receptions.

It wasn't Haack. It was a complete break down on the offensive side of the ball on a bad weather day against a team that had some luck.

Good luck to Haack from here on out. I know ktcarl isn't bashing Haack. I know I find myself wondering how we didn't achive what many thought this team was capable of but that is the game of Texas high school football. Some nights it just doesn't work.

Good luck to all the seniors and thank you for the years of entertainment you gave us at some personal risk to yourselves.

ktCarl
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Oh I know you're not bashing him. GEEZ CARL. :D

You may be right on Mitchell, I didn't get too see all of his games as I did with Brooks due to being in college at the time. I just think if you plug Brooks into that team, you would get the same result, so that doesn't really separate the two for me.

I agree 100%. This is where I'm coming from with Haack.

Regarding your highlighted red addition above, Carl...

We THOUGHT we had all these "great" parts that Brooks was working with....butttttt, errrrrr, apparently we didn't or else we wouldn't have lost two weekends ago.

I'm convinced 2010 was a great Katy team, unfortunately Brooks/Katy ran into the one team that was better (IMO). I'm also of the opinion that most of these other title winning Katy teams/QBs didn't run into a team as strong as 2010 Pearland in their respective playoff runs. 1997 Ike was pretty salty as was 1994 BWB.) The only one I can point to is 2003 Southlake Carroll with Ben Johnson as our QB. Why wouldn't he on your list? (Because he had one great game. One great game doesn't make a great QB.)
I certainly understand where you're coming from, I just don't agree. :) (O.K. We can agree to disagree. But my opinion is greater than thou's. :D)

We haven't had to worry about the quarterback position for two full years now. That is a different story starting this offseason and we're quickly going to realize how much we miss Brooks.

Not knowing exactly what Katy has as a QB this coming season is part of the thrill.

ktCarl
12-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Man how the worm turns! Going into the playoffs many were elated to bring up how Haack hadn't thrown an interception during the regular season. How good his percentage of completions were and how many yards he had for passing receptions.

It wasn't Haack. It was a complete break down on the offensive side of the ball on a bad weather day against a team that had some luck. (I heard that at the qtrFinal game Saturday. "OH it was the wind? Give me a break. That just an excuse. Why can't ya'll (Katy people) just admit you got beat?"
Good luck to Haack from here on out. I know ktcarl isn't bashing Haack. I know I find myself wondering how we didn't achive what many thought this team was capable of but that is the game of Texas high school football. Some nights it just doesn't work.

Good luck to all the seniors and thank you for the years of entertainment you gave us at some personal risk to yourselves.

Are the seniors reading this thread?

B-T-W, who is Galleo? :D

dada
12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
watching Matt Davis and Joshua Whilite(SP) this year makes me feel good about Adam Taylor making a full recovery.

Leave it on the field
12-06-2011, 08:40 AM

Ron Peters
Jared Kaspar
Andy Dalton
Bo L. Mitchell

You may be correct, but I have a couple of questions. Who were those 4 throwing to? Did they have a freshmen RB in the backfield? Were they missing their best OL, and did their center have to move back and forth from there to gaurd from play to play?

Did those teams have a punter that could pin the opposition deep?

Did they have an OC that wilted in pressure situations?

I think Haack did a great job with what he had to work with. He, JT, and Folks did an exallent job of moving the ball all year long. Haack had a bad game, the OL had a bad game, the RB's and FB's had a bad game, the WR's had a bad game.

I put the last two loses more on the OC than on any one player.

Are you judging the ability of an individual player in the ultimate team sport in the ultimate team system?

dada
12-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Just hard for me to say a HS player is overrated......I think the expectations put on him were too high from the get go.....Started a State game as a soph....didnt go back......all the blame does not fall on him.

slcdragonfan
12-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I am no expert by any stretch on Katy football. But I would say that Haack was good enough to take you to the SC in 2009, and almost brought you back at least a couple of times in that game if I recall correctly. That was as a soph and he was very promising. I recall him being very accurate at the time.

I think the supporting cast does play a part, as does luck and improved competition in the playoffs. I don't know what is in the pipeline, but I think Katy will miss Mr. Haack next year.

dada
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I am no expert by any stretch on Katy football. But I would say that Haack was good enough to take you to the SC in 2009, and almost brought you back at least a couple of times in that game if I recall correctly. That was as a soph and he was very promising. I recall him being very accurate at the time.

I think the supporting cast does play a part, as does luck and improved competition in the playoffs. I don't know what is in the pipeline, but I think Katy will miss Mr. Haack next year.

Would be crazy is Katy made it back to State after Haack left. Not out of the question at all.

slcdragonfan
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Would be crazy is Katy made it back to State after Haack left. Not out of the question at all.

+1. Katy is not as dependent on QB play as many other teams.

BlakeJ
12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
So Brooks Haack is an overrated QB because the Katy Tigers didnt win a state championship from 2009 to 2011?

Was Brooks Haack the reason Katy didn't or couldn't win those titles?

Carl you made a list of Katy QB's and where you felt Brooks was at. On that list, Parker Ray is nowhere to be found.

Ask yourself 3 questions....

1) Put Brooks on the 2008 team. Do they win the state title?
2) Put Parker on the 2009, 2010, and 2011 team. Does Katy beat Abilene, Pearland, and La Porte?
3) Reevaluate with those 2 questions. Was Brooks Haack the reason Katy didn't win a state title in 2009, 2010, and 2011?

My answers

1) Yes
2) No, no, no
3) No

I think someone above nailed a good piece of what was responsible for Katy's last 2 losses. Katy was in games where they were out of their comfort zone and the coaches at the end of those games stumbled a little bit.

Everyone played horrible against La Porte. Some more than others, and I think we all can assume that Brooks feels very responsible for that game and wishes he could have that one play back...but he's 18 years old. For an 18 year old kid he is one hell of a QB with or without that one play.

JMO.