PDA

View Full Version : ** hebron hawk fan thread **

HebronHawk
09-01-2009, 10:00 PM
By popular request and in honor of the 10th anniversary of the high school this year (2009). Here is the perpetual HEBRON HAWKS FAN THREAD.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

SWMHebron
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
by popular request and in honor of the 10th anniversary of the high school this year (2009). Here is the perpetual hebron hawks fan thread.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

yyyeeeaaahhh!!!

HebronHawk
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Hebron HS Maxpreps Site.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/m03qqQucxUugneO-XW2xiA/hebron-hawks/football/home.htm

texan_75010
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeeeeeaaaawwwwww

Booster Club Site

http://www.hawksfootball.org/fbc/modules/news/

Drphill
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
How about those young Hawks who are picked to finish 5th in District 6-5a.:notworthy

SWMHebron
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
How about those young Hawks who are picked to finish 5th in District 6-5a.:notworthy

The Silver Wings won halftime and that is what is Most Important.;)

slcdragonfan
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
What the heck, next thing you know you'll have a JV and then a pewee thread! :D

texan_75010
09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
From the DMN

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/hebron/stories/082909dnspowixon.4385bc9.html

Hebron win over Wylie will stoke expectations

01:30 AM CDT on Saturday, August 29, 2009

Column by MATT WIXON / The Dallas Morning News | mwixon@dallasnews.com

WYLIE – Nine years ago, Wylie players ran on to their home field determined to make 2000 the year they would turn their program around. Coming off a one-win season, and despite playing for a school that hadn't made the playoffs since Ronald Reagan was president, the Pirates thought it was their time.

And for that night, it was. A team that had won a total of four games in three years went out and throttled its opponent by seven touchdowns.

Of course, it helped that Wylie was playing Hebron, which was making its varsity debut and didn't yet have a senior class. Wylie was the first of 10 teams to thump Hebron that season, which a year earlier was practicing on the softball field of a nearby church.

Just how far the programs have come was obvious Friday in Hebron's 37-14 victory at Pirate Stadium. Despite each team replacing huge holes from last year's talented senior classes, the stadium was filled by fans with high expectations.

It's always that way for Hebron, which has made the playoffs seven straight years. And the expectations will probably get even higher after the Hawks' dominant performance at a typically tough place for visitors.

Hebron quarterback Kyle Aubuchon, who is replacing last year's District 6-5A MVP Justin Iwuji, made a pretty grand entrance. The junior completed 12 of 15 passes for 212 yards and a touchdown and ran 18 times for 112 yards and two scores. His 26-yard touchdown with three seconds left in the third quarter, in which he started up the middle and then broke around the right side, was a backbreaker for Wylie.

Four Wylie turnovers also proved costly, including a fumble inside the Hebron 10-yard line and an interception that Hebron safety David Jenkins returned 70 yards for a touchdown. Those plays helped turn Hebron's 13-7 halftime lead into a comfortable victory.

It was a very uncomfortable night for Wylie, which played in the Class 5A Division II championship last season and has made the playoffs six of the last seven years. The opening-night jitters showed for a team that must replace an all-area quarterback, the state's top defensive player and six other all-district players. Wylie didn't get a first down until the second quarter, and although receiver Colby Harper had eight catches for 147 yards and a touchdown, he was one of the few bright spots.

That doesn't mean that this will be a dismal season for Wylie. One game can say a lot, but the next nine games will say a lot more. The same is true for Hebron, which also showed signs of inexperience with a punt that was fumbled and a snap over the punter's head.

Both teams have a long way to go. But, fortunately, not nearly as far as nine years ago.

farmerfan
09-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Oh farmer has a plan next time he is up early in the morning. With the help of some of his friends I will go ahead and show how annoying the JV and other threads could be ;):cool::D

SLC
09-02-2009, 03:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

:D:D

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

:D:D

Are you talking about FarmerFan?

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 06:49 AM

Of course, Matt Diggs, who made that prediction ranked us 20th in the DFW area. He also ranked 4 other Dist. 6-5A teams ahead of us. We could say that District 6-5A is the toughest DFW district this year, even ahead of 8-5A.

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Clips of Dezmond Wortham at Arbor Creek MS - Freshman #2 on the Hebron Varsity this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngC41Q053Ow

E-Vol-ution
09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Yep....in week 0.:D

Of course, Matt Diggs, who made that prediction ranked us 20th in the DFW area. He also ranked 4 other Dist. 6-5A teams ahead of us. We could say that District 6-5A is the toughest DFW district this year, even ahead of 8-5A.

slcdragonfan
09-02-2009, 07:53 AM

Based upon performance so far, that is a definite.

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
With 5 out of 6 teams in the DFW top twenty, there probably isn't any other district that can say that.

Of course, it might still be that way in Week 10 too. :notworthy

SLC
09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Are you talking about FarmerFan?

Ummm...crickets...the sound of them..nevermind.:rolleyes::D

SLC
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
With 5 out of 6 teams in the DFW top twenty, there probably isn't any other district that can say that.

Of course, it might still be that way in Week 10 too. :notworthy

Yep, like the ones in the Houston and San Antonio areas, they'll never be able to say they have any teams in the DFW top 20.:p:D

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Yep, like the ones in the Houston and San Antonio areas, they'll never be able to say they have any teams in the DFW top 20.:p:D

Do San Antonio or Houston have more than 20 teams in thier areas to do a top 20? Not soccer teams....American Football.....:D

DragonFan0316
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Until Hebron is unseated as King of this district, none of us should be ranked ahead of them. Ask the Wylie folks.

SLC
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Do San Antonio or Houston have more than 20 teams in thier areas to do a top 20? Not soccer teams....American Football.....:D

For their areas, yes. Only about 4 would be worthy for our area though.:D

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Until Hebron is unseated as King of this district, none of us should be ranked ahead of them. Ask the Wylie folks.

DragonFan - Why have you come to mock us in our new hebron hawk thread? Won't they be missing you on the dragon thread? Or the jv dragon thread? :confused:

I don't think anyone here is disputing the current rankings and we all know Dragon's rule.....for now....just like last year. Heck, if JVs were allowed to be ranked then your JV team(s) would be ranked ahead of many varsity teams and would be picked to place 2nd in district. :D

So why come in and talk smack about rankings? We know rankings are everything.....:rolleyes: Please let us dream on our own thread about how it would feel to beat the mighty dragons....because no one in 6-5A knows how that would feel.....except for Coppell and Hebron....:p

DragonFan0316
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
DragonFan - Why have you come to mock us in our new hebron hawk thread? Won't they be missing you on the dragon thread? Or the jv dragon thread? :confused:

I don't think anyone here is disputing the current rankings and we all know Dragon's rule.....for now....just like last year. Heck, if JVs were allowed to be ranked then your JV team(s) would be ranked ahead of many varsity teams and would be picked to place 2nd in district. :D

So why come in and talk smack about rankings? We know rankings are everything.....:rolleyes: Please let us dream on our own thread about how it would feel to beat the mighty dragons....because no one in 6-5A knows how that would feel.....except for Coppell and Hebron....:p

Tough crowd;)

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Okay, to football. Anyone have anything to say about Mesquite?

dragonpants
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Farmer will not mind either he loves the Lewisville Schools and Coach Brazil used to coach at LHS.

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Okay, to football. Anyone have anything to say about Mesquite?

http://www.littleelmjournal.net/articles/2009/09/02/sports/schools/mesquite/mesquite_46.txt

Mesquite looks for first victory against Hebron
By DEVIN HASSON/Staff Writer
Published: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:54 PM CDT
Who: Mesquite vs. Hebron

When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.

Where: Hebron

Records: Mesquite—0-1; Hebron—1-0

Last meeting: Mesquite 23, Hebron 14 (2008)

Mesquite and Hebron emerged from the opening week of the season with two completely different outlooks.

The Skeeters are looking to shake off a 31-14 loss to Lake Highlands while the Hawks try to build on an impressive 37-14 victory over Wylie, a state finalist from a season ago.

Mesquite is breaking in a new quarterback in Davian Harper, who had some solid moments in his first start completing 19-of-29 passes for 163 yards and a touchdown while also rushing for a score.

Tim Paris used his 6-5 frame to his advantage, catching six passes for 60 yards and a score, but the Skeeters will need more balance if they hope to change their fortunes this week. Mesquite, which is using a back-by committee early in the season, averaged just three yards per carry and amassed just 60 yards on the ground in the game.

The Skeeters might be able to find some holes in the Hebron defense, which allowed more than 350 yards of total offense last week. While the Hawks bent, they did not break, as they forced five turnovers, including three interceptions.

The Hebron offense displayed the kind of balance Mesquite would like to have, thanks largely to quarterback Kyle Aubuchon, who led the way on the ground and through the air.

Aubuchon rushed for 114 yards and two touchdowns while completing an efficient 12-of-16 for 211 yards and another score.

The Hawks feature a pair of talented receivers on the outside in Kurt Walker, who had four catches for 114 yards last week, and Kiante’ Griffin, who had three receptions for 78 yards.

The Mesquite defense will be looking for improvement, especially in its ability to contain the run. The Skeeters allowed more than 300 yards on the ground against Lake Highlands and nearly 500 yards of total offense as their youthful unit tries to gain experience.

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.littleelmjournal.net/articles/2009/09/02/sports/schools/mesquite/mesquite_46.txt

Mesquite looks for first victory against Hebron
By DEVIN HASSON/Staff Writer
Published: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:54 PM CDT
Who: Mesquite vs. Hebron

When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.

Where: Hebron

Records: Mesquite—0-1; Hebron—1-0

Last meeting: Mesquite 23, Hebron 14 (2008)

Mesquite and Hebron emerged from the opening week of the season with two completely different outlooks.

The Skeeters are looking to shake off a 31-14 loss to Lake Highlands while the Hawks try to build on an impressive 37-14 victory over Wylie, a state finalist from a season ago.

Mesquite is breaking in a new quarterback in Davian Harper, who had some solid moments in his first start completing 19-of-29 passes for 163 yards and a touchdown while also rushing for a score.

Tim Paris used his 6-5 frame to his advantage, catching six passes for 60 yards and a score, but the Skeeters will need more balance if they hope to change their fortunes this week. Mesquite, which is using a back-by committee early in the season, averaged just three yards per carry and amassed just 60 yards on the ground in the game.

The Skeeters might be able to find some holes in the Hebron defense, which allowed more than 350 yards of total offense last week. While the Hawks bent, they did not break, as they forced five turnovers, including three interceptions.

The Hebron offense displayed the kind of balance Mesquite would like to have, thanks largely to quarterback Kyle Aubuchon, who led the way on the ground and through the air.

Aubuchon rushed for 114 yards and two touchdowns while completing an efficient 12-of-16 for 211 yards and another score.

The Hawks feature a pair of talented receivers on the outside in Kurt Walker, who had four catches for 114 yards last week, and Kiante’ Griffin, who had three receptions for 78 yards.

The Mesquite defense will be looking for improvement, especially in its ability to contain the run. The Skeeters allowed more than 300 yards on the ground against Lake Highlands and nearly 500 yards of total offense as their youthful unit tries to gain experience.

We may see a few Hawk points on the scoreboard. And our 6-8 LB will counter their 6-5 WR.

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
We may see a few Hawk points on the scoreboard. And our 6-8 LB will counter their 6-5 WR.

You are speaking of Paul Crawford (#23) who received Honorable Mention from the Dallas Morning News this week for his work in the Wylie game.

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM

6-8 LB? Who? And are they really a linebacker as opposed to a defensive back? Does the basketball coach know about this? :D

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
6-8 LB? Who? And are they really a linebacker as opposed to a defensive back? Does the basketball coach know about this? :D

Loves to hit far too much to play roundball. :D

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM

See the post above for details. He is listed as a linebacker but played close to the line a lot and was very disruptive of their passing game. He definitely is noticeable on the field.

slcdragonfan
09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
See the post above for details. He is listed as a linebacker but played close to the line a lot and was very disruptive of their passing game. He definitely is noticeable on the field.

What in the world do you feed these boys??? You had a huge O-Line guy last year if I remember correctly. Wonder why he isn't D-Line or O-Line? Is he fast? Weight?

As far as the Skeeters, I wonder if that is the same big guy they had last year? When we played them, I saw him open several times but they just didn't seem to want to throw that way. Of course, they had a lot of pressure too. With a new QB, if you can pressure him, you'll get a few TO's I suspect.

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 05:01 PM
What in the world do you feed these boys??? You had a huge O-Line guy last year if I remember correctly. Wonder why he isn't D-Line or O-Line? Is he fast? Weight?

As far as the Skeeters, I wonder if that is the same big guy they had last year? When we played them, I saw him open several times but they just didn't seem to want to throw that way. Of course, they had a lot of pressure too. With a new QB, if you can pressure him, you'll get a few TO's I suspect.

Listed as 235 lbs. As far as fast, he was in the backfield a lot. I didn't notice him covering down field very often, but he was in some pass coverage where you would expect a linebacker to be.

"O-Line guy" was Joel Grey (?Gray). He is at Texas Tech now if I remember correctly.

HebronHawk
09-02-2009, 06:41 PM

Extremely quick and fast. Good instincts for the ball. You'll have to ask Wylie if they noticed him. :D

CCCSportsFan
09-02-2009, 08:41 PM

WOW, that is the tallest LB I've ever heard of!!! Does he see some action at WR as well??

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
WOW, that is the tallest LB I've ever heard of!!! Does he see some action at WR as well??

I'm sure he is going to be heck on screen plays. I will keep an eye out for him Friday.

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm sure he is going to be heck on screen plays. I will keep an eye out for him Friday.

Be assured you can't miss him.

SWMHebron
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
re: moving the "fan threads" off the main board. Color me

NOT HAPPY:mad::mad:

texan_75010
09-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I actually think it makes sense to move them all to one area....except for ours...:D

and our eventualy JV, Freshman and middle school threads.....!

SWMHebron
09-03-2009, 07:22 AM
What is tonight's sub-varsity schedule at The Woodshed?

CCCSportsFan
09-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Be assured you can't miss him.

My gosh, I'd say so!!!

texan_75010
09-03-2009, 08:22 AM
What is tonight's sub-varsity schedule at The Woodshed?

I don't have scores from yesterday and I would assume that tonight's game would be the Freshman games at the Woodshed since the JV games are in Mesquite.

JV Games
September 2 JV Blue at The Colony 5:30 PM
September 3 JV Black at Mesquite
Mequite's Hanby Stadium
7:00 PM

Freshman Games
September 2 C Team vs TBD 5:30 PM
September 3 A & B Team vs Mesquite 5:30/7:00 PM

HebronHawk
09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
7:00pm Freshman games.

HebronHawk
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Tonight:

Freshman B Game: Hebron Hawks 33 Mesquite Skeeters 0

Freshman A Game (called in 1st Quarter due to lightning): Hebron 7 Mesquite 0

Highlights of the Freshman A game.

Skeeters took the opening kickoff down to the Mesquite 40 yard line. On the first play from scrimmage, Hebron defense forced and recovered a Skeeter fumble. 1st play from scrimmage, QB sweep left to the EZ from the 40 yd. line. TD called back for holding. Three plays later, the Hawks scored.

Kickoff to the Skeeters returned to the 30 yard line. First play from scrimmage, the ball was hiked over the QB's head for a loss. Lightning delay after that. Called after 20 mins. of lightning.

HebronHawk
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Possible lightning delays tonight at Hawk Stadium.

The Freshman A game was canceled during the 1st quarter last night. Some of the Mesquite fans were mad and wanted a refund since the Hawks were in control of both the game and the weather at that point.

See you tonight. Gonna be wet!

texan_75010
09-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Holy Cow what a game!!!!!!!!!!!

SWMHebron
09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Holy Cow what a game!!!!!!!!!!!

We should not be celebrating a win tonight. :ninja:

That was ugly, but good teams find a way to win. Kudos to Kiante Griffin:notworthy -- heck of a game.

texan_75010
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM
We should not be celebrating a win tonight. :ninja:

That was ugly, but good teams find a way to win. Kudos to Kiante Griffin:notworthy -- heck of a game.

These are some young kids in key positions.....Kiante is a Soph..Dezmond a Freshman and a Jr QB.....the speed was incredible.....our secondary stunk..

Growing pains is all it was tonight. They came out with a win and I will take it. They are going to be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

SWMHebron
09-04-2009, 11:47 PM
These are some young kids in key positions.....Kiante is a Soph..Dezmond a Freshman and a Jr QB.....the speed was incredible.....our secondary stunk..

Growing pains is all it was tonight. They came out with a win and I will take it. They are going to be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

Trouble covering the receiver, so you need to make sure the QB can't pass.

Then the QB gets loose.

I remain amazed the pulled a win out of this but they didn't quit.

HebronHawk
09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
There is a lot to grow on from this game. The Hawks didn't quit. The mistakes were off the charts, I'm sure the coaches were pulling out their hair, those that have it.

The big plays on both sides made the most impact. Hebron's speed is unbelievable.

Lots of young talent on display in only their 2nd varsity start.

Dezmond is a beast.

Kudos to Bryce Adger. He had a difficult assignment on defense and he managed to come up with some key defensive plays on Mesquite's Tim Paris #1, when he had to.

Lots of jump ball catching going on with Mesquite. They have some talent but I think we made them look a little better tonight.

HebronHawk
09-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Mesquite did not travel well.

SWMHebron
09-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Mesquite did not travel well.

That is an understatement. I'm not sure they had enough over there to match up with the football team.

HebronHawk
09-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Their band outnumbered the rest of their stands. One of our coaches told me that their coach said that if they didn't beat Hebron, he didn't know if they would win another game all year.

I don't know why he would pick our game for that statement but he does have a tough schedule. SLC in two weeks for example.

Things must be depressing in Mesquite for some reason and the stands might have reflected that.

slcdragonfan
09-05-2009, 11:49 AM
So, tell us about the game? What mistakes? What were the highlights, what were the lowlights?

I thought ya'll would have a walk in the park with Mesquite to be honest. And, we play them in I think two weeks, so interested in what they bring the the table.

SWMHebron
09-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Their band outnumbered the rest of their stands. One of our coaches told me that their coach said that if they didn't beat Hebron, he didn't know if they would win another game all year.

I don't know why he would pick our game for that statement but he does have a tough schedule. SLC in two weeks for example.

Things must be depressing in Mesquite for some reason and the stands might have reflected that.

A band parent and I were talking about their lack of fans. With only a few exceptions (Friday night games far out of town and I couldn't get off early) when my daughter was on the drill team, we went to the game regardless of the anticipated outcome. I got to a few games just before half and still in scrubs but I got there.

texan_75010
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM
So, tell us about the game? What mistakes? What were the highlights, what were the lowlights?

I thought ya'll would have a walk in the park with Mesquite to be honest. And, we play them in I think two weeks, so interested in what they bring the the table.

Hebron shut down the running game...short passing was somewhat successful...but the long bombs...ie jump balls killed..but in the end, it was Mesquite's undoing with a 103 yard interception.

Hebron's speed owned. I have never seen a Hebron team with such speed at so many positions.

They are young and this was great game experience.

SWMHebron
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM

They have a mobile QB that is hard to bring down and a 6'5" receiver that gets a lot of jump balls.

Hebron's first half was a compilation of mistakes: fumbled snaps, worm burner field goal attempts (I didn't see the snap so don't know exactly what happened), fumbled snap that lead to a missed PAT (though in Aubuchon's defense he had just run 77 yds for a touchdown), poor fielding on kickoffs and punts. One was fumbled and gave Mesquite the ball probably inside the Hebron 10. Thankfully that is when Teague had his interception.

Hebron's offense was their own worst enemy. They would get a drive started and then shoot themselves in the foot. Griffin had a 56 yd punt return and Teague a 103 yd interception that kept the Hawks in the game. The offense didn't wake up until the 4th quarter but then they woke up with a vengeance.

One thing that frustrated me -- Hebron's kicker can get the ball in or almost in the end zone on kickoffs. After one was run back for a TD Brazil (I guess) had him kicking it short and giving Mesquite a short field. They were already going down the field with little trouble. Why give them a shorter field? Do you distrust your kick coverage that much?

CCCSportsFan
09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Bottom line, nice win guys... Great teams always find a way to make lemonade out of lemons and you guys did that last night :notworthy

HebronHawk
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM

It sounds like the Dragons have already weaned all of the mistakes out and are playing error-free ball. You should have a walk in the park against Mesquite in 2 weeks. Tim Paris (Mesquite #1) is a tall receiver and he and the QB play catch on the sidelines with a jump ball. Hoagland will probably be selected by Mesquite to pick on because of his lack of height.

Their pass blocking is not bad and the QB can scramble.

If they come to you 0-3, their confidence might be lower than it was in our game.

HebronHawk
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
What did you guys think about the onside kick call in the 4th quarter?

SWMHebron
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Had to happen. Mesquite gets a long drive with or without a score the game is over.

HebronJYD
09-06-2009, 03:39 AM
This game really shows how much of a difference special teams makes in the outcome of a game

We make those missed field goals we arent behind by only a few near the end, and PATs should be automatic.

But in the positive light we did have the big punt return, and it made up for the other 7 points we didnt make earlier in the game...

And looking towards plano, we struggled with special teams against them last year. So lets hope the coaches work out the kinks

HebronHawk
09-06-2009, 08:11 AM

The thing that surprised me about this kick is Mesquite didn't appear to expect it with 8:46 left in the game and up over the Hawks by 3 points. Kurt Wagner made on of the best bouncing onside kicks I have ever seen. Kiante' Griffin recovered the ball on the Mesquite 37-yard line.

texan_75010
09-08-2009, 01:45 PM
JV and Frosh schedule vs Plano:

JV

September 10

JV Blue vs Jasper 5:30 PM
JV Black vs Plano 7:30 PM

Freshman

September 10 A & B Team at Plano Jasper 5:30/7:00 PM

Maybe someone can post scores aftewards?

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Hey Hawk Fans!

Here's a chance to vote for Hebron vs. Plano as the Game of the Week on Fox

http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2009, 06:59 AM
But why would you do that? Is it the "Game of the Week"? Be honest.

Hey Hawk Fans!

SWMHebron
09-09-2009, 07:01 AM
But why would you do that? Is it the "Game of the Week"? Be honest.

It is if you are a Hebron or Plano fan.;)

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2009, 07:17 AM
No....it still wouldn't be. Not being honest.:D

It is if you are a Hebron or Plano fan.;)

slcdragonfan
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
that is the one that is winning, by a big margin. I think this needs to be on the main board, thanks for the link.

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
No....it still wouldn't be. Not being honest.:D

It appears that the majority currently rates Plano vs. Hebron as the Fox GOTW.

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Vote that a mule is a horse. It's still a mule as soon as people see it live.:)
It appears that the majority currently rates Plano vs. Hebron as the Fox GOTW.

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Vote that a mule is a horse. It's still a mule as soon as people see it live.:)

I have never heard a Plano Wildcat described as a mule before. That's a new one. :D

SWMHebron
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I have never heard a Plano Wildcat described as a mule before. That's a new one. :D

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
That was wrong.......:)

SWMHebron
09-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Based upon a Facebook post by a freshman player's sister, both freshman games rained out.:(

HebronHawk
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Hawk Fans!

1 hour left in the poll and the Hebron vs. Plano game is still 900 votes ahead.

texan_75010
09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Based upon a Facebook post by a freshman player's sister, both freshman games rained out.:(

What about JV?

SWMHebron
09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
What about JV?

I heard all were rained out. I will have my orange rain poncho with me tomorrow. It worked last week to keep the rain away.

NHB06
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Good luck to the Hawks tonight. Hoping for no rain, lightning, or injuries.

HebronHawk
09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Tough loss for our boys. I'm glad we got the game in even with the rain.

Sometimes you learn more from the losses than the wins. A non-district loss at this point means very little if it helps us get ready for a very tough district schedule.

I hope that Kurt and Chris are OK and are able to play next week.

Dallas Jesuit is up next as they travel to our huge Hawk Stadium (at least compared to Jesuit's last year). Plenty of free parking for our visitors is available even if they bring the entire school with them.

Enter from Charles Road either SB from Plano Parkway or NB from Hebron Parkway.

I'm looking forward to Friday (as always). :)

texan_75010
09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Sep-11
Jesuit 28
South Garland 39

Sep-4
Coppell 38
Jesuit 17

Aug-29
Bishop Lynch 6
Jesuit 41

Anyone have any input on how tough Jesuit is going to be? I listed the first three games above.

NHB06
09-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Sep-11
Jesuit 28
South Garland 39

Sep-4
Coppell 38
Jesuit 17

Aug-29
Bishop Lynch 6
Jesuit 41

Anyone have any input on how tough Jesuit is going to be? I listed the first three games above.

Jesuit should be a cakewalk for Hebron.

texan_75010
09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Jesuit should be a cakewalk for Hebron.

Echos of the week gone by. Hopefully they are not taken lightly.

HebronHawk
09-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Anybody have the JV/Frosh results from last night?

texan_75010
09-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Anybody have the JV/Frosh results from last night?

The JV game played over at Jesuit was forty something to 7 Hebron.

The early game at Hebron was 31-0 as I was pulling out of the parking lot..I believe they were in the 4th quarter.

I have no idea on the later game score.

HebronHawk
09-18-2009, 11:01 AM
The JV game played over at Jesuit was forty something to 7 Hebron.

The early game at Hebron was 31-0 as I was pulling out of the parking lot..I believe they were in the 4th quarter.

I have no idea on the later game score.

Sounds like Dallas Jesuit was a little overwhelmed.

HebronHawk
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Well we are at the midpoint of the regular season with a 3-2 record, one more win than last year when we swept district.

This week is a bye week and then district play starts with a visit to Flower Mound.

How do we look going into district?

SWMHebron
09-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Well we are at the midpoint of the regular season with a 3-2 record, one more win than last year when we swept district.

This week is a bye week and then district play starts with a visit to Flower Mound.

How do we look going into district?

Entirely dependent upon the defense. The offense seems to be getting it together.

HebronHawk
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
At least two websites are predicting that Hebron misses the playoffs this year.

If that was actually going to be the case, then our game with Flower Mound would be a potential tiebreaker in a playoff chase.

slcdragonfan
10-07-2009, 04:08 PM
At least two websites are predicting that Hebron misses the playoffs this year.

If that was actually going to be the case, then our game with Flower Mound would be a potential tiebreaker in a playoff chase.

Personally, I can't see that happening, not after winning District last year.

SWMHebron
10-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Personally, I can't see that happening, not after winning District last year.

As much as I don't want it to happen, if the defense has not made some major strides in the bye week it could happen.

DragonFan0316
10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Keep the faith Hawk fans. 2 losses in district should put you in.:)

HebronHawk
10-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Our defense showed up big this week in Coppell. No lack of effort by the Hawks. Unfortunately, we are still bringing our penalties too. 100 yards in penalties in the Coppell game, many at the wrong moments.

texan_75010
08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
It's August so that must mean Hawk football will be starting soon. Any comments for the upcoming season?

JMT
08-06-2010, 06:58 AM
It's August so that must mean Hawk football will be starting soon. Any comments for the upcoming season?

Talked to a Hebron fan awhile back and he said they're pretty excited about the offense they'll be putting on the field this year. Actually he was really, really excited about all four WR's, both RB's and Aubuchon at QB.

Personally I expect Wortham to have a big sophomore season at RB and build on a pretty good freshman year. Can't think of too many schools at the 5A level where a freshman was the starting RB. I also expect WR Kiante Griffin to have a big season offensively as well as in the return game (There may not be a more electrifying return man in Texas than Griffin.). I have a hard time seeing them missing the playoffs again with what they have on the offensive side of the ball. They might have to win games by putting up 40 plus points on a weekly basis if that defense doesn't play any better than it did for most of last season.

SWMHebron
08-09-2010, 03:30 PM
YES, there are people in this thread again!!! :heli::heli:

What I have been hearing is outstanding offense, with all of last years' weapons back plus a transfer from Florida that already had D-1 offers.

And I am hearing good things about defense. The state qualifying relay teams were primarily made up of defensive backs so there is definite speed.:eek:

And there is talk of a District 8 get together maybe 8/22 somewhere along 121 in Frisco. Let me know if you are interested.

twcpfan1
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Is Hebron a town? A city? A subdivision? Some dude the school is named after? Nobody's heard of it.

SWMHebron
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Is Hebron a town? A city? A subdivision? Some dude the school is named after? Nobody's heard of it.

Hebron High School is named after the community of Hebron. The land on which it is built was originally part of Hebron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebron,_Texas

It is physically in Carrollton, but is part of the Lewisville School District. It draws from Carrollton, Hebron, Frisco, Plano, The Colony and Lewisville. And maybe Timbuktu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebron_High_School_%28Texas%29

DannyAdelante
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
The TV show Friday Night Lights used Hebron's logo and nickname for next season's finale.

I went down to the Cotton Bowl where they were filming, and the fictional team were called the Hudgins Hawks, and played in burnt orange, but the "H" logo on the helmet and the hawk logo were identical to Hebron's. Maybe you'll get some publicity out of it in December when the episode airs?!

SWMHebron
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
The TV show Friday Night Lights used Hebron's logo and nickname for next season's finale.

I went down to the Cotton Bowl where they were filming, and the fictional team were called the Hudgins Hawks, and played in burnt orange, but the "H" logo on the helmet and the hawk logo were identical to Hebron's. Maybe you'll get some publicity out of it in December when the episode airs?!

I don't watch this show but will have to keep my eye out for that episode.

SWMHebron
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Got tired of looking at 99 posts, so decided it was time to make it 100.

texan_75010
08-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Good to see people on here for the new season. Go Hawks! :heli:

SWMHebron
08-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Anyone going to the 8/20 scrimmage? I hope to be there, but have now forgotten who the opponent is!!

But I do have my season tickets ready to go.

JMT
08-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Went to go watch Hebron scrimmage Keller tonight. Hebron had a 5-1 advantage in the plays run before the 2 quarter scrimmage. The first team had 2 TD's for Hebron and Keller's TD came with the first team on the field.

I left right at the start of the 2nd quarter in the live scrimmage. It was 14-7 Hebron when I headed out. Wortham's first carry went 75 yards around the left end for a TD. Suffice to say he's going to have himself a pretty good sophomore season if tonight was any indication. The RB from Florida (At least I assume that was the one they've been talking about since he's the kid that played back there when Wortham wasn't in the backfield.) looked really good as well. They probably have the best 1-2 punch in the Metroplex at that position. Griffin looked really good at WR. I would expect to see he and Aubuchon hook up for at least 12 TD's this year.

What's going to hurt them is the lack of big bodies on defense. They're probably going to have to win some high scoring contests again this year. They just don't have a lot of linemen on the defensive side of the ball. The kids they had out there play hard though and I think their coaches generally get a lot out of the kids they have. Sometimes you just don't have a lot of size to work with.

SWMHebron
08-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Went to go watch Hebron scrimmage Keller tonight. Hebron had a 5-1 advantage in the plays run before the 2 quarter scrimmage. The first team had 2 TD's for Hebron and Keller's TD came with the first team on the field.

I left right at the start of the 2nd quarter in the live scrimmage. It was 14-7 Hebron when I headed out. Wortham's first carry went 75 yards around the left end for a TD. Suffice to say he's going to have himself a pretty good sophomore season if tonight was any indication. The RB from Florida (At least I assume that was the one they've been talking about since he's the kid that played back there when Wortham wasn't in the backfield.) looked really good as well. They probably have the best 1-2 punch in the Metroplex at that position. Griffin looked really good at WR. I would expect to see he and Aubuchon hook up for at least 12 TD's this year.

What's going to hurt them is the lack of big bodies on defense. They're probably going to have to win some high scoring contests again this year. They just don't a lot of linemen on the defensive side of the ball. The kids they had out there play hard though and I think their coaches generally get a lot out of the kids they have. Sometimes you just don't have a lot of size to work with.

Thanks for that. I had to leave early and missed even that much. I agree about the size on defense. There is lots of speed but not much size, though I did hear one of the larger DEs didn't play due to an injury. One thing about HS, you just have to work with who you have.

HAWKA4
08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Saw the whole thing and the boys looked good. I'm not sure how stellar Keller is, but our boys looked good. They put up 28 points in 2 qtrs of live play. Kiante looked good. Dez looked amazing. Aubachon looks just likes his brother did. Very tough to bring down. The O-line did its job. And the Defense looked a lot better. Jenkins had a pick 6, and the new freshman Jamal showed a Keller receiver what it means to BTW!!!

HebronHawk
09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
RB Damien Delaney (a senior up from last year's JV) had some good runs as well during the Keller scrimmage. He was running with so much power, he dragged 6-7 Keller defenders downfield with him for 7 yards on 3 different runs.

It looks like both our running backs will give our opponents a work out this year. :D

HAWKA4
09-02-2010, 09:13 AM
I think all our RB's will give our opponents a work out this year. Not just the first 2... We're gonna be good at that position for a while now.

HAWKA4
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm looking for a clean sweep by Hebron this week... Tomorrow night is the BIG GAME!!

texan_75010
09-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm looking for a clean sweep by Hebron this week... Tomorrow night is the BIG GAME!!

Talk about clean sweep. Wow! This is going to be one exciting season. I have not seen this kind of talent since the 4a championship team.

chhspantherfan
09-04-2010, 09:29 AM
the game thread will be long forgotten, so I wanted to leave a note to the Hawks on your team thread. Thanks for the hospitality, the facility is great. As a fan of the game, it was great to see the level of athleticism and execution from your program. The Hawks are a force and it will be fun to follow your season. Really impressed after watching the replay with your scheme on both sides of the ball. Good luck the rest of the way.

SWMHebron
09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
the game thread will be long forgotten, so I wanted to leave a note to the Hawks on your team thread. Thanks for the hospitality, the facility is great. As a fan of the game, it was great to see the level of athleticism and execution from your program. The Hawks are a force and it will be fun to follow your season. Really impressed after watching the replay with your scheme on both sides of the ball. Good luck the rest of the way.

I saw you wave even if you couldn't see me in the crowd. Now I feel like a stalker chick.:eek:

To be honest I was stunned at the result. After the Heritage offensive output the week before I was concerned, considering our last year defensive issues. During the game I was concerned about the lack of running game but later found out the game plan was to pass against your backfield.

The coming weeks will tell where we all really stand, but your guys have no quit in them, and that speaks well of your program.

slcdragonfan
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Hawk fans, tell us about Kianti Griffin? I am watching the game now, see him on O, on D, on special teams, quite a bit of speed, good hitter, put return... I see this is his second year and he is a Junior.

He is a serious talent. :notworthy

HebronHawk
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Hawk fans, tell us about Kianti Griffin? I am watching the game now, see him on O, on D, on special teams, quite a bit of speed, good hitter, put return... I see this is his second year and he is a Junior.

I agree. :heli:

SWMHebron
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM

You pretty much summed it up. He primarily plays WR but gets in as a DB when they are expecting passes. As you can see he does know how to catch the ball, and get it in the end zone whether he plays offense or defense. One one of his TDs (offensive) we all thought he was stopped and suddenly he was on the other side of the field and in the end zone.

I remember some pretty spectacular one handed grabs last year.

HebronHawk
09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
You pretty much summed it up. He primarily plays WR but gets in as a DB when they are expecting passes. As you can see he does know how to catch the ball, and get it in the end zone whether he plays offense or defense. One one of his TDs (offensive) we all thought he was stopped and suddenly he was on the other side of the field and in the end zone.

I remember some pretty spectacular one handed grabs last year.

That was a great run. He started out going down the Hebron sideline, ran into traffic and reversed field to the Colleyville side with some blocking help and ended up in the end zone. He is faster than he looks.

HAWKA4
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM

You should remember him from last year too. He had a nice long TD pass against you. He's pretty good.

slcdragonfan
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
You should remember him from last year too. He had a nice long TD pass against you. He's pretty good.

Couldn't recall names from last year. Yeah, I think he is "pretty good". mebbe an understatement though.

texan_75010
09-07-2010, 07:30 PM

Kiante Griffin is his name. My son played against him for three seasons. First season was at Carrollton Youth League and Kiante was injured and out for the season, however, his name was already legend. 7th and 8th grade, my son played for Arbor Creek and Kiante played for Creek Valley Middle. It was insane watching him run. You should also check out Dezmond Wortham http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngC41Q053Ow
He is no slouch either.
I believe both of these kids will be playing on Saturday....Kiante, who knows...the guy is good...you may very well see him on Sunday....yeah, he is that good...in my humble and very non-expert homer opinion.

The play you referred to, where he was going right, reversed field and headed down the Colleyville sidelines....that was sick. He showed speed and great vision. He did this in middle school too times 100. Sometimes he would just drop back, dance around, pick a seam and blow through like everyone else was standing still.

He also had an outstanding interception where he jumped a route. Before the season is over I believe he will have at least one game where he scores on offense, defense and special teams. He is a definite stand out.

HebronHawk
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Kiante Griffin is his name. My son played against him for three seasons. First season was at Carrollton Youth League and Kiante was injured and out for the season, however, his name was already legend. 7th and 8th grade, my son played for Arbor Creek and Kiante played for Creek Valley Middle. It was insane watching him run. You should also check out Dezmond Wortham http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngC41Q053Ow
He is no slouch either.
I believe both of these kids will be playing on Saturday....Kiante, who knows...the guy is good...you may very well see him on Sunday....yeah, he is that good...in my humble and very non-expert homer opinion.

The play you referred to, where he was going right, reversed field and headed down the Colleyville sidelines....that was sick. He showed speed and great vision. He did this in middle school too times 100. Sometimes he would just drop back, dance around, pick a seam and blow through like everyone else was standing still.

He also had an outstanding interception where he jumped a route. Before the season is over I believe he will have at least one game where he scores on offense, defense and special teams. He is a definite stand out.

Dezmond Wortham as a freshman last year had 762 yards rushing on 125 carries. He also had 33 receptions for 248 yards. He is one of the talents that the Hawks have in their backfield this year.

slcdragonfan
09-08-2010, 12:04 AM
He is no slouch either.

The play you referred to, where he was going right, reversed field and headed down the Colleyville sidelines....that was sick. He showed speed and great vision. He did this in middle school too times 100. Sometimes he would just drop back, dance around, pick a seam and blow through like everyone else was standing still. The only other player I have said that about this year is Brandon Carter.

I already knew about Dezmond. He is worthy. :notworthy
Kiante made an impression on me, I plan on seeing them both sometime before the playoffs. There is no doubt that Hebron makes the playoffs this year.
Sometimes you just see a player or an artist or a musician that make you say wow! that is real talent, a joy to behold. That is the case here.

HebronHawk
09-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Kiante made an impression on me, I plan on seeing them both sometime before the playoffs. There is no doubt that Hebron makes the playoffs this year.
Sometimes you just see a player or an artist or a musician that make you say wow! that is real talent, a joy to behold. That is the case here.

Nothing is guaranteed. This is still HS Football. Anything can happen. Especially in Dist. 8-5A.

HebronHawk
09-08-2010, 06:47 AM

You might check out #13 JT Teague (George Teague's little boy). He is fast and a significant risk to pick a QB's pocket. Along with #1 David Jenkins who is already an LSU target.

HAWKA4
09-12-2010, 12:16 AM
You might check out #13 JT Teague (George Teague's little boy). He is fast and a significant risk to pick a QB's pocket. Along with #1 David Jenkins who is already an LSU target.

I am sure SLC remembers JT Teague from last years game. He only had 3 picks against them and kept the game within reach for the Hawks. Last week against CHHS he reminded me of his dad when he played for Alabama and stripped the ball and took it the other way from the receiver. It was a thing of beauty. Granted he didn't get the fumble, but it was still AWESOME!!

HebronHawk
09-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I am sure SLC remembers JT Teague from last years game. He only had 3 picks against them and kept the game within reach for the Hawks. Last week against CHHS he reminded me of his dad when he played for Alabama and stripped the ball and took it the other way from the receiver. It was a thing of beauty. Granted he didn't get the fumble, but it was still AWESOME!!

JT also got a pick in the Mesquite Horn game in the EZ to stop a drive. :heli:

SWMHebron
09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Can someone that went to the game post a review? I got bits and pieces via text, twitter and box score.

HebronHawk
09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Some key players out on both sides of the ball. Don't want to provide a road map in public.

Stephenville marched from their 25 yard line to a touchdown in their opening drive. They didn't miss their missing running back. They had a better one (probably why the other one left ?). They have good sized QB with a decent arm and two good receivers. The QB can run as well.

Hebron scored on their second possession in 8 plays starting from their own 23 yard line.

Hebron's defense blocked a Stephenville punt on their own 34 yard line and the blocked ball was caught in the air and downed on the Stephenville 31 yard line. Hebron took over but Stephenville made a goal line stand and kept the Hawks out of the EZ. Hebron added a field goal from the Stephenville 3 yard line.

Stephenville brought a good defensive line to the game and they were effective rushing Aubuchon getting sacks at key times.

Stephenville's next chance to score came on a drive to the Hebron 2 yard line on a 30 yard sweep. Hebron's defense kept the Jackets out of the EZ and the jackets had 4th and 1 yard with 4 seconds left in the first half and elected to go for the TD. Hebron stopped the RB for no gain.

Aubuchon scored a nice running TD on Hebron's second possession of the 3rd quarter from the Jackets 7 yard line. The Jackets answered with a long drive on their next possession and the game turned on defense for the Hawks win.

The Hawks committed key penalties at bad times again and must get that under control for District.

SWMHebron
09-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Some key players out on both sides of the ball. Don't want to provide a road map in public.

Stephenville marched from their 25 yard line to a touchdown in their opening drive. They didn't miss their missing running back. They had a better one (probably why the other one left ?). They have good sized QB with a decent arm and two good receivers. The QB can run as well.

Hebron scored on their second possession in 8 plays starting from their own 23 yard line.

Hebron's defense blocked a Stephenville punt on their own 34 yard line and the blocked ball was caught in the air and downed on the Stephenville 31 yard line. Hebron took over but Stephenville made a goal line stand and kept the Hawks out of the EZ. Hebron added a field goal from the Stephenville 3 yard line.

Stephenville brought a good defensive line to the game and they were effective rushing Aubuchon getting sacks at key times.

Stephenville's next chance to score came on a drive to the Hebron 2 yard line on a 30 yard sweep. Hebron's defense kept the Jackets out of the EZ and the jackets had 4th and 1 yard with 4 seconds left in the first half and elected to go for the TD. Hebron stopped the RB for no gain.

Aubuchon scored a nice running TD on Hebron's second possession of the 3rd quarter from the Jackets 7 yard line. The Jackets answered with a long drive on their next possession and the game turned on defense for the Hawks win.

The Hawks committed key penalties at bad times again and must get that under control for District.

Thanks. Again, without naming names, will they be back next week?

HebronHawk
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats to the Hawks for their first District win in 8-5A. :heli:

LoboBooster73
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats to the Hawks for doing what Longview should have done in Week 2!:heli:

hawkpop13
11-04-2010, 08:52 AM
We have beat the top 2 teams in 8-5A, Allen and Flower Mound, but for some reason, it always seems to come to a showdown with Marcus! Come on Hawks, BTW!

SWMHebron
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
We have beat the top 2 teams in 8-5A, Allen and Flower Mound, but for some reason, it always seems to come to a showdown with Marcus! Come on Hawks, BTW!

This. :heli::heli:

SWMHebron
08-28-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll bump this up in case any new Hebron people show up this year

RAN1W2K
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Does not look like many Hawks fans on this board or at least not many post

SWMHebron
09-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Does not look like many Hawks fans on this board or at least not many post

There used to be more, but right now you pretty much have me. And my youngest graduated in 2008.

OilCan
11-18-2012, 10:10 AM
The Hebron program is mired in mediocracy. The team finishes 2012 6-5. The team scored 221 and gave up 249. The last four years the record is 22-20. Two playoff appearances the last four years exiting the first round. A mediocre program yielding mediocre results. Out in
the real world if you deliver similiar results you would find yourself on the hot seat.

SWMHebron
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
The Hebron program is mired in mediocracy. The team finishes 2012 6-5. The team scored 221 and gave up 249. The last four years the record is 22-20. Two playoff appearances the last four years exiting the first round. A mediocre program yielding mediocre results. Out in
the real world if you deliver similiar results you would find yourself on the hot seat.

But we both know nothing will happen. Again.

back2relaxed
11-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Any Hebron fans still around on the board...Cedar Hill fan here, wanting to know more about the team this year.