PDA

View Full Version : Did any 4A teams play a team outside of Texas?

brad@TexasPreps
08-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Just wondering if any 4A teams played anyone outside the state. Thanks for the info.

www.TexasPreps.net

LoboFan07
08-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Longview plays the powerhouse that is Natchitoches Central from LA.

SLC
08-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Just wondering if any 4A teams played anyone outside the state. Thanks for the info.

www.TexasPreps.net

Are you meaning this past week...or any this season?

There were none this past week that I know of, though there are several that will this season.

lobo1982
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Longview plays the powerhouse that is Natchitoches Central from LA.

Is this a one year contract to play these guys.We need West Monroe back on our schedule or a good Texas team.

LoboFan07
09-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Is this a one year contract to play these guys.We need West Monroe back on our schedule or a good Texas team.

Yep. Remember, we were suppose to play Barbers Hill @ SFA. But after last season and how that entire thing went down, Collins wanted to find an extra home game for this season. Alignment in LA is the year we don't have realignment so free schedule for most LA teams.

By the sounds of it, we called West Monroe. But they didn't want to travel to Longview on a one game deal (for obvious reasons). Rebel fans were talking about a rematch @ the Independence Bowl. But that fell through.

If we stay in 4A, I'm sure we'll try and schedule Lee/JT/Lp again and depending on how many teams are in our district we should/might have one open spot if all three agree to a game. Lp and Lee will for sure. But I'm with you. I liked that series with WM a lot. Definitely would want it to be in Shreveport both years though, instead of having a team travel 3+ hours. If not them, I'd like to see either Allen kept on the schedule or go for a team down south. That or just schedule Kilgore (that'd be a fun one).