View Full Version : 6-5A Week 1

JagFan
08-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Flower Mound hosts Keller Fossil Ridge FM win
Hebron hosts Mesquite Hebron win
Lewisville @ Garland Naaman Forest ? Marcus hosts Plano West Marcus win
SLC @ Arlington SLC win
Coppell @ Dallas Jesuit Coppell win

The only reason I put a question mark on LewisvilleI don't know anything about Garland Naaman. I think Leisville is off to a great start and know they can do it.

Could we sweep again????

CoppellCowboy57
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Flower Mound hosts Keller Fossil Ridge FM win
Hebron hosts Mesquite Hebron win
Lewisville @ Garland Naaman Forest ? Marcus hosts Plano West Marcus win
SLC @ Arlington SLC win
Coppell @ Dallas Jesuit Coppell win

The only reason I put a question mark on LewisvilleI don't know anything about Garland Naaman. I think Leisville is off to a great start and know they can do it.

Could we sweep again????

Hebron wins + 7 I think it'll be close
Lewisville wins + 10
Flower Mound wins + 10
Marcus loses -3
Southlake wins +21
Coppell wins +14

Calling first loss in 6-5a Marcus

FarmerFootballPlayer
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Flower Mound wins big over FR.
Hebron beats Mesquite by 10.
SLC beats Arlington by 21+, but Arlington hangs for a half.
Coppell rolls over Jesuit.
Marcus takes down PW by 14.
Lewisville wins by 7 over GNF.

Not a lot known about Naaman with their new coach and all. Looking at their stats from their game against Whitehouse (who is that? :confused:), their offense, while being a very strong rushing attack, is one dimensional, and their defense is vulnerable to the pass. That match up works in our favor, as we defend the run well and love to throw the ball on offense. I know we'll probably be underdogs, but if we come out playing hard and pick up where we left off in the second half of the GP game, I know we can pull out a surprise win.

longball
08-30-2009, 12:31 PM
coppell lose by 6
all other 6-5a win

HebronHawk
08-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats to all 6-5A teams on their sweep in Week 0.

I think the toughest games next week for Dist. 6-5A will be the FM vs. KFR game and the Lewisville vs. Garland Naaman Forest game.

I think that all of our Dist. 6-5A teams will win next week and I call for another sweep. :notworthy

HebronHawk
08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Flower Mound wins big over FR.
Hebron beats Mesquite by 10.
SLC beats Arlington by 21+, but Arlington hangs for a half.
Coppell rolls over Jesuit.
Marcus takes down PW by 14.
Lewisville wins by 7 over GNF.

Not a lot known about Naaman with their new coach and all. Looking at their stats from their game against Whitehouse (who is that? :confused:), their offense, while being a very strong rushing attack, is one dimensional, and their defense is vulnerable to the pass. That match up works in our favor, as we defend the run well and love to throw the ball on offense. I know we'll probably be underdogs, but if we come out playing hard and pick up where we left off in the second half of the GP game, I know we can pull out a surprise win.

I think Whitehouse might be a Collin County 3A team.

BigFanSLC
08-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Lewisville wins + 10
Flower Mound wins + 10
Marcus loses -3
Southlake wins +21
Coppell wins +14

if you were class of 2005 what was the score your senior year vs. SLC? when i was a senior i know the score was SLC 55 CHS- 3, so that's all that matters is the year you played, not last year or the first year ever. so your signature doesn't matter :D

SLC
08-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Lewisville wins + 10
Flower Mound wins + 10
Marcus loses -3
Southlake wins +21
Coppell wins +14

WOW...Um bro I love ya, but NO WAY Marcus drops a game to P West. No WAY, NO HOW. At home , no less.

I believe Hebron is alot better than a 7 point win vs the Skeeters also. At home, come on bro.

Dont be so sure about Lewisville going into the Rangers house and getting a win, let alone a 10 point win.

The others look decent, but I think FM is shaky right now.

JagFan
08-30-2009, 03:53 PM
WOW...Um bro I love ya, but NO WAY Marcus drops a game to P West. No WAY, NO HOW. At home , no less.

I believe Hebron is alot better than a 7 point win vs the Skeeters also. At home, come on bro.

Dont be so sure about Lewisville going into the Rangers house and getting a win, let alone a 10 point win.

FM is shaky right now. As stated in other posts we have a new defensive scheme and and only 2 returning starters. Our D line had never played in a varsity game before last Friday night. On offense new QB and WR's are getting settled in. I was very encouraged against Plano East that they did not back down and came out in the 2nd half with some attitude. All areas of play intensified . If we can continue to build on the 2nd half of the Plano East game we will continue to develop and will make some noise.

This team has a lot of character and they are holding each other accountable. This group of young men are very tight and I look for them to continue to grow.

SLC
08-30-2009, 04:28 PM
FM is shaky right now. As stated in other posts we have a new defensive scheme and and only 2 returning starters. Our D line had never played in a varsity game before last Friday night. On offense new QB and WR's are getting settled in. I was very encouraged against Plano East that they did not back down and came out in the 2nd half with some attitude. All areas of play intensified . If we can continue to build on the 2nd half of the Plano East game we will continue to develop and will make some noise.

This team has a lot of character and they are holding each other accountable. This group of young men are very tight and I look for them to continue to grow.

The Mound will be fine. They'll get it figured out and by seasons end, should be a very good team.

texan_75010
08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Lewisville wins + 10
Flower Mound wins + 10
Marcus loses -3
Southlake wins +21
Coppell wins +14

Hebron wins by 7??? Mesquite lost 31-14 to Lake Highlands who was ranked 21st by this site. In my opinion, I think Hebron has proven they are better than their 18th ranking, spanking #11 Wylie. First home game of the season, looking to make a statement as they did at Wylie.

My take is, Hebron has the subs in all 4th quarter and wins this walking away. +21

Lewisville wins by 1 as does FM

Marcus owns by a minimum of 14...Hopkins runs wild

SLC by 28 because the are SLC and they NEVER run up the score....:D

I agree with the Coppell spread....14

If everyone does their part we could go for another undefeated week.

JagFan
08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
The Mound will be fine. They'll get it figured out and by seasons end, should be a very good team.

Yes they will be fine. It is both tough and exciting to watch the growing pains.

The RB will be good as well. Returning starter Junior Hunter Lee and his back up is sophmore Conner Ashley. Ashley had some good runs and some great returns on kickoff and punt. They will be a force this year.

CoppellCowboy57
08-30-2009, 06:02 PM
if you were class of 2005 what was the score your senior year vs. SLC? when i was a senior i know the score was SLC 55 CHS- 3, so that's all that matters is the year you played, not last year or the first year ever. so your signature doesn't matter :D

Obviously it does or else you wouldnt have said anything about it...70-21 my senior year, and it was noted on ESPN, and it was the week before SLC became the #1 team in the nation. I'm just saying.

SLC
08-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Yes they will be fine. It is both tough and exciting to watch the growing pains.

The RB will be good as well. Returning starter Junior Hunter Lee and his back up is sophmore Conner Ashley. Ashley had some good runs and some great returns on kickoff and punt. They will be a force this year.

Conner Ashley huh?....So that is Collin's brother I guess? If so he has some great pedigree then. Hunter lee is definaetly a very good player. It seems tough for them right now, but thats why they have the pre-season games, to get all the kinks worked out by district time. Coach Vanderford will get them playing good tough football, I have no doubt about that.

HebronHawk
08-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Hebron wins by 7??? Mesquite lost 31-14 to Lake Highlands who was ranked 21st by this site. In my opinion, I think Hebron has proven they are better than their 18th ranking, spanking #11 Wylie. First home game of the season, looking to make a statement as they did at Wylie.

My take is, Hebron has the subs in all 4th quarter and wins this walking away. +21

Lewisville wins by 1 as does FM

SLC by 28 because the are SLC and they NEVER run up the score....:D

I agree with the Coppell spread....14

If everyone does their part we could go for another undefeated week.

I'll take a win of any type over Mesquite as long as we don't get banged up and continue to jell. The Hawks were very impressive over Wylie.

CoppellCowboy57
08-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Hey I was pretty close last week, here is my reasoning (sorry just got my internet back up I was using an iPhone all weekend)

Didnt Hebron have a close game with the skeets last year? Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm calling a Hebron win +7 not -7 they could score more but im betting on the close side.

I got a good feeling about the Farmers this year I'm calling a great game this weekend on the road.

FM might be shakey right now but there better then Fossile Ridge, hell I might even take Pascal over Fossile Ridge.

Marcus is my upset of the week, I love Marcus to death, but I'm going with a gut feeling this week as my Upset of the week.

I agree with Farmer Arlington may hang around for the half, but Southlake will dominate in the second half of the game.

Who ever said that Jesuit would beat Coppell is mental, Sirously...more to come on that when I write the pregame report.

GATORS35
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Hebron seems to be better than orginally projected. I thought they might struggle early in the season.

Coppell defense looked better but I am not sure if that was because of good play or a horrible South Garland team. I think we lack speed on defense overall. Offense was good but we do not have a deep threat like last year. Our Qb did a really good job Friday night.

This could be Marcus big year. It looks like they are stacked at RB.

JagFan
08-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Conner Ashley huh?....So that is Collin's brother I guess? If so he has some great pedigree then. Hunter lee is definaetly a very good player. It seems tough for them right now, but thats why they have the pre-season games, to get all the kinks worked out by district time. Coach Vanderford will get them playing good tough football, I have no doubt about that.

Yes he is Collin's little brother. He is a little shorter and stockier than Collin, difference in RB and WR. But they have the same killer instincts:)

I don't know what Coach Vanderford said during half time last Friday but he needs to keep saying it.

HebronHawk
08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey I was pretty close last week, here is my reasoning (sorry just got my internet back up I was using an iPhone all weekend)

Didnt Hebron have a close game with the skeets last year? Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm calling a Hebron win +7 not -7 they could score more but im betting on the close side.

I got a good feeling about the Farmers this year I'm calling a great game this weekend on the road.

FM might be shakey right now but there better then Fossile Ridge, hell I might even take Pascal over Fossile Ridge.

Marcus is my upset of the week, I love Marcus to death, but I'm going with a gut feeling this week as my Upset of the week.

I agree with Farmer Arlington may hang around for the half, but Southlake will dominate in the second half of the game.

Who ever said that Jesuit would beat Coppell is mental, Sirously...more to come on that when I write the pregame report.

Hebron lost their first three games last year to Wylie, Mesquite and Plano, in that order.

Wylie and Plano were home games last year, this year we are away.

CoppellCowboy57
08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Hebron lost their first three games last year to Wylie, Mesquite and Plano, in that order.

Wylie and Plano were home games last year, this year we are away.

well see im right for calling a close game...thanks SLC :Censor:er

SLC
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM

After the season starts, it doesn't matter what happened last season, becasue we have actual results from this season and your giving no love to 2 VERY GOOD teams (Hebron and Marcus) who are playing AT HOME. It's just silly I think, but hey go for it I guess, they are after all just picks and opinions and they certainly could go either way..lol. I'm just thinking that Mesquite got worked pretty good at home and Hebron worked Wylie pretty good on the road AND Marcus worked G Vine over so bad at Mustang Stadium that the Vine people are considering filing charges for abuse and P West got worked at a neutral site by Carroll.

I guess there is no difference between home/road anymore.:confused:

SLC
08-30-2009, 06:39 PM
well see im right for calling a close game...thanks SLC :Censor:er

See above^^^ post sweetheart.;)

Marcus Fan
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=texan_75010;1279067]

QUOTE]
I would be surprised if Hopkins carries more than 20 times before the district with three running backs sharing time. The three tailbacks carried 29 times for 175 yards against a weak Grapevine defense.

HebronHawk
08-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I thought Dave Hennigan, the ex-Corsicana coach, would have Grapevine in better shape by now. Maybe they need a 4A schedule to play.

longball
08-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Coppell Spanked who, SGP there not very good, Marcus beat , who Grapevine , there not very good . But my money is on Marcus when they play Coppell, Marcus looked different not so predictable this year!!!:notworthy

slcdragonfan
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
I thought Dave Hennigan, the ex-Corsicana coach, would have Grapevine in better shape by now. Maybe they need a 4A schedule to play.

That program was in serious disarray. He will have to get more players coming out, will have to get school backing, and will have a long road ahead. It will take years, not months.

slcdragonfan
08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Hebron wins
Flower Mound wins
Marcus wins
Southlake wins
Coppell wins

My only concern is Lewisville and GNF. At this point, I have to say I believe GNF wins this one. I would love for Lewisville to make me wrong here. :o

CoppellCowboy57
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I think this is first time I've seen a 6-5A thread fall off the front page...

Back to the top

all 6-5A teams will go 5-0-5 this year hahaha wooo

SWMHebron
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
I think this is first time I've seen a 6-5A thread fall off the front page...

Back to the top

all 6-5A teams will go 5-0-5 this year hahaha wooo

And I thought the tie breaker last year was complex.:)

Dragon29MJS
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Im looking forward to the SLC Coppell rematch. Hopefully some defense is played this time!! Looks to be another good one as I see it.:)

slcdragonfan
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Im looking forward to the SLC Coppell rematch. Hopefully some defense is played this time!! Looks to be another good one as I see it.:)

:ninja::D:ninja:

CoppellCowboy57
08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
And I thought the tie breaker last year was complex.:)

Yeah it'll be decieded on a game of rock paper scissors.

Lewisville, Flowermound, Marcus, and Coppell will advance in a stunning turn of event.

slcdragonfan
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah it'll be decieded on a game of rock paper scissors.

Lewisville, Flowermound, Marcus, and Coppell will advance in a stunning turn of event.

Something is very wrong with that......are you STILL drinking margheritas???

SWMHebron
08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Something is very wrong with that......are you STILL drinking margheritas???

I was back at Cristina's last night and didn't see him there, but they could all still be at FF's place.:cool:

farmerfan
08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Hebron wins
Flower Mound wins
Marcus wins
Southlake wins
Coppell wins

My only concern is Lewisville and GNF. At this point, I have to say I believe GNF wins this one. I would love for Lewisville to make me wrong here. :o

NF kicked our tails last year. Going to their place they have to be considered the favorite again. I was only able to watch the first half of our game last week before I went hoem to take care of some other stuff but it sounds as if I missed a great second half by hte Farmers. I do know that like us NF is under new direction but they do have soem serious athletes over there. If we can keep the intensity we had last week going into this week and cut otu the sloppy play to start the game then we might have a chance to pull the upset here. I do like where the attitude that the new coaching staff has brought with them. I saw some intensity and focus last week that I have not seen in years by our boys.
As for other teams in the district

FM by 14+
FMM by 10-17
SLC by 17-24
Hebron by 14+
Coppel by 28+
Lewisville by 3

farmerfan
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I was back at Cristina's last night and didn't see him there, but they could all still be at FF's place.:cool:

I don't know if I am quite ready for that again :eek:;)

DragonFan0316
08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Not that I know anything about football but I say 6-5A runs the table again in week 1. District play looks to be a grind this year. :notworthy

baylordad
08-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Coppell by 1 over Dallas Jesuit
F.M. Marcus by 14 over Plano West
Flower Mound by 1 over Keller Fossil Ridge
Gar. Naaman Forest by 21 over Lewisville
Lewisville Hebron by 35 over Mesquite
Southlake Carroll by 3 Arlington

Marcus Fan
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Similar to last year Marcus is coming off a big win against Grapevine to play Plano West. Last year Marcus played flat and laid an egg. This year it is at Goldsmith. Lets hope for a better result this year.

farmerfan
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Similar to last year Marcus is coming off a big win against Grapevine to play Plano West. Last year Marcus played flat and laid an egg. This year it is at Goldsmith. Lets hope for a better result this year.

That would be one way of describing it. The Marcus team I saw play that evening well lets just say and I mean this in the nicest way possible, they played DUMB. Stupid mistakes is what kept PW in the game and eventually that is what got Marcus beat. I have a feeling we will see a very motivated Marcus team this week.
Where does Marcus practice now? I drove by the school the other day and noticed that all the fields that were south of the school have all been torn up. Made me wonder where the Marauders were conducting their workouts?

Plano West Wolf
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
That would be one way of describing it. The Marcus team I saw play that evening well lets just say and I mean this in the nicest way possible, they played DUMB. Stupid mistakes is what kept PW in the game and eventually that is what got Marcus beat. I have a feeling we will see a very motivated Marcus team this week.
Where does Marcus practice now? I drove by the school the other day and noticed that all the fields that were south of the school have all been torn up. Made me wonder where the Marauders were conducting their workouts?

So Plano West, in anyway shape or form, did nothing to win that game?

FarmerFootballPlayer
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Having seen Naaman Forest's defense on film I'll say this. They are indeed fast and athletic when they're fresh. But they tired out quick, especially their d-line and linebackers. The opposing QB had all day to throw, he just seemed anxious, overshooting a lot of the longer throws.

We've been running like crazy all summer and since practice started and we're in excellent condition. If they tire out like that on us and Brandt can have all the time in the world, then we'd be hard pressed not to put points up. If our defense can hold them in the 20's, then I really like our chances. Easier said than done though.

Marcus Fan
08-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Plano West played better than Marcus last year to win no doubt about it. Whether it was superior PW skill or Marcus inadequacy it really doesn't matter. PW Won the game. Hopefully Marcus will present a better challenge this year.
And Marcus practices on campus in the fields behind the field house. Not the best fields but adequate.

slcdragonfan
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Having seen Naaman Forest's defense on film I'll say this. They are indeed fast and athletic when they're fresh. But they tired out quick, especially their d-line and linebackers. The opposing QB had all day to throw, he just seemed anxious, overshooting a lot of the longer throws.

We've been running like crazy all summer and since practice started and we're in excellent condition. If they tire out like that on us and Brandt can have all the time in the world, then we'd be hard pressed not to put points up. If our defense can hold them in the 20's, then I really like our chances. Easier said than done though.

That is sooooo key. If you stay close in Q1-3, you can take 'em in Q4 with their tongues hanging out. I love that, it says so much about the team, dedication, a focus on winning with the team, not show-boating, etc.

I saw them on TV last year and commented that they didn't look too special; they kept getting the ball knocked out for fumbles, would not protect it. That, along with turmoil earlier this year with the coaching change, and they could be ripe for you. Hope you pull it off....

That conditioning bodes well for the future of your program. IT is key to "pass it on" to the younger ones, make it part of your tradition.

David H
09-01-2009, 01:21 AM
It all comes down to execution. In the 1st half against GP, we were sloppy and out of sorts. If we come with that kind of game again then I can see NF winning by 14-21 points. However if we come with our A game like we did in the 2nd half and believe me, it was a world of difference then I firmly believe we could be on the other side of that point spread. The other up side is that NF no longer has that two headed monster rushing attack they had last year. I am a little worried about our dline though, they're seriously undersized. That could be our undoing.

Here's my take;

FM by 3
FMM by 10
SLC by 21
Hebron by 17
Coppell by 14
Lewisville by 4

farmerfan
09-01-2009, 03:26 AM
So Plano West, in anyway shape or form, did nothing to win that game?

Not at all. They held their composure and stayed focus and took advantage of the mistakes Marcus made and when opportunity struck they took adavantage of it and won the game. Marcus did not deserve to win that game and they didn't. Credit that to Plano West

farmerfan
09-01-2009, 03:31 AM
That is sooooo key. If you stay close in Q1-3, you can take 'em in Q4 with their tongues hanging out. I love that, it says so much about the team, dedication, a focus on winning with the team, not show-boating, etc.I saw them on TV last year and commented that they didn't look too special; they kept getting the ball knocked out for fumbles, would not protect it. That, along with turmoil earlier this year with the coaching change, and they could be ripe for you. Hope you pull it off....

That conditioning bodes well for the future of your program. IT is key to "pass it on" to the younger ones, make it part of your tradition.

Agree with that so much. It is so true. I will tell you this. I got to Goldsmith in time for pre-game last week and stayed through the first half until other things had to make me leave. The Lewisville team I saw last week in pre-game and in the first half was so much more disciplined and in shape than I have seen the previous 3 years. It was nice to see that. They played sloppy in the first half but came out strong in the second and took a commanding lead. I will say this, I really loved what I saw out of the new coaches in pregame and during the game. I know that sounds like something that says, how can you judge on pregame, but the intesity was there and that had been lacking under the previous regime. There are some veryt good athletes on this Lewisville team too. If they keep their focus and keep improving each week then they just might sneak up on some teams in district. One thing is for sure, the intesity and playing till the whistle back at LHS and that made me proud last week. Now its just a matter of letting each week work itself out nad improving on the mistakes and getting better.

marcusdrillmom
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Plano West played better than Marcus last year to win no doubt about it. Whether it was superior PW skill or Marcus inadequacy it really doesn't matter. PW Won the game. Hopefully Marcus will present a better challenge this year.
And Marcus practices on campus in the fields behind the field house. Not the best fields but adequate.

Agree with Marcus Fan!

Hoping for another 6-5A sweep
Good luck to all the teams!

dragonpants
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM

Easy on the Cowboy he is the ONE Coppell fan we like and he served our country proudly. He cannot help that his family lived in that S..thole to the east.
Marcus beat PW easily but by less than 29. :D
Everyone keeps underestimating the Marauders and that is not a wise thing to do.
6-5A sweeps this week again.

Carroll has the toughest game but we will bruise the idiot Peach.

dragonpants
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Give him some time.

dragonpants
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM

Will be great to see if you are in Green, will be like a train wreck except they will not be able to watch if you are in red. Hard eight will be crowded by 9 pm that night.

texan_75010
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey Hebron ppl, why is there not an ***OFFICIAL HEBRON HAWKS**** thread?

HebronHawk
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey Hebron ppl, why is there not an ***OFFICIAL HEBRON HAWKS**** thread?

We don't have thousands of Hawks to make posts daily on it, perhaps. There are lots of Dragons around to post daily for example. I'll start one.

CoppellCowboy57
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM
We don't have thousands of Hawks to make posts daily on it, perhaps. There are lots of Dragons around to post daily for example. I'll start one.

I dont recommend it, I figure it jinxs a team after a bit. Look at Southlake, what have they done the past two years :)

(Any post I post will be in anger for I am trying to drink all my perents beer/wine/and hard liqour before the sun comes up to prove apoint)

farmerfan
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I dont recommend it, I figure it jinxs a team after a bit. Look at Southlake, what have they done the past two years :)

(Any post I post will be in anger for I am trying to drink all my perents beer/wine/and hard liqour before the sun comes up to prove apoint)

If there is a good amount of any or all three no way you make it. THe liquor alone will knock you out man and it would be wise to start on that first simply because if you don't you and the porcelain god will become very good friends.

CoppellCowboy57
09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
If there is a good amount of any or all three no way you make it. THe liquor alone will knock you out man and it would be wise to start on that first simply because if you don't you and the porcelain god will become very good friends.

I got like what 8 hours before sun rise. a drink every 10 mins ill make it
by 5 AM

CoppellCowboy57
09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
6-5A to the TOP!!!!

Joseph McCabe
09-02-2009, 11:35 PM
SLC by 17
Coppell by 17
Hebron by 13
FM by 10
FMM by 7
Lewisville loses by 6 (on the road)

Dragon29MJS
09-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Will be great to see if you are in Green, will be like a train wreck except they will not be able to watch if you are in red. Hard eight will be crowded by 9 pm that night.

I will most definately be in green, as I am a former dragon class of 2006.
Still go to the home games and most road games. BTW never done the quote thing I hope it works.

HebronHawk
09-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Freshman B Game: Hebron Hawks 33 Mesquite Skeeters 0

Freshman A Game (called in 1st Quarter due to lightning): Hebron 7 Mesquite 0

Highlights of the Freshman A game.

Skeeters took the opening kickoff down to the Mesquite 40 yard line. On the first play from scrimmage, Hebron defense forced and recovered a Skeeter fumble. 1st play from scrimmage, QB sweep left to the EZ from the 40 yd. line. TD called back for holding. Three plays later, the Hawks scored.

Kickoff to the Skeeters returned to the 30 yard line. First play from scrimmage, the ball was hiked over the QB's head for a loss. Lightning delay after that. Called after 20 mins. of lightning.

SWMHebron
09-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Freshman B Game: Hebron Hawks 33 Mesquite Skeeters 0

Freshman A Game (called in 1st Quarter due to lightning): Hebron 7 Mesquite 0

Highlights of the Freshman A game.

Skeeters took the opening kickoff down to the Mesquite 40 yard line. On the first play from scrimmage, Hebron defense forced and recovered a Skeeter fumble. 1st play from scrimmage, QB sweep left to the EZ from the 40 yd. line. TD called back for holding. Three plays later, the Hawks scored.

Kickoff to the Skeeters returned to the 30 yard line. First play from scrimmage, the ball was hiked over the QB's head for a loss. Lightning delay after that. Called after 20 mins. of lightning.

Any info on the JV?

We got off work late and I thought about driving past Hebron to check the score. By the time we got close I knew they wouldn't be playing because of lightening.

David H
09-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Farmers got down quick 21-0 due to being a bit flat and a turnover inside their 20 but came back in the 2nd quarter to get within one possession at 21-13. Then the lighting came and the 2nd half will resume tomorrow at 4pm.

It's too bad, we had all the momentum going for us in the 2nd Quarter. Our defense seemed to adjust too so I think tomorrow will be much closer so this game could be a toss up if both teams bring their A game.

SWMHebron
09-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Farmers got down quick 21-0 due to being a bit flat and a turnover inside their 20 but came back in the 2nd quarter to get within one possession at 21-13. Then the lighting came and the 2nd half will resume tomorrow at 4pm.

It's too bad, we had all the momentum going for us in the 2nd Quarter. Our defense seemed to adjust too so I think tomorrow will be much closer so this game could be a toss up if both teams bring their A game.

Hopefully someone will be able to post updates as they occur tomorrow.

Hebron Hawk Fan
09-03-2009, 11:37 PM
JV Black vs Mesquite JV was called late in the 1st Q. It was tied 7-7

JV Blue won easily Wednesday night against The Colony

HebronHawk
09-04-2009, 06:27 AM
JV Black vs Mesquite JV was called late in the 1st Q. It was tied 7-7

JV Blue won easily Wednesday night against The Colony

I wondered why a team the size of Mesquite didn't have a Soph team to play our JV Blue.

SWMHebron
09-04-2009, 06:33 AM
I wondered why a team the size of Mesquite didn't have a Soph team to play our JV Blue.

Interesting. How many did they have on JV? If they don't have enough for 2 JV teams that could spell problems for that program.

Hebron Hawk Fan
09-04-2009, 09:31 AM
It appeared Mequite had enough for 2 JV teams. Maybe it was lack of depth at certain positions (Linemen, LBs, etc..), really don't know.

SLC
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM

Thats good news to hear about Lewisville. It sounds like they are adjusting very well in their games. Good luck today.

Marcus Fan
09-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Almost another sweep for the District with only the Farmers falling.
The Marcus/Plano West game was very entertaining with PW throwing the ball up and down the field to get ahead and then Marcus would get the ball and grind out a 6 minute 10 play drive to score. PW turnovers were their downfall and the three Marcus running backs Hopkins,Mason and Newsome were impressive.
17 yards passing for Marcus wasn't because they couldn't pass. The running game was eating up clock time which they needed to keep the PW offense off the field.
The QB for PW is a very good thrower and Jeffcoat is the real deal.

SLC93
09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Not that anyone needed a reminder but 6-5A is a beast. 11-1 to start the season! To all our mates, :notworthy.

SLC13
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow......almost another sweep. Congrats to all teams on another extraordinary week!! :notworthy

SLC
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow......almost another sweep. Congrats to all teams on another extraordinary week!! :notworthy

It gets tougher from here on out...I dont expect these lofty numbers will continue and starting with this coming week, but thus far..just 2 weeks in, it is a very good sign.

E-Vol-ution
09-05-2009, 02:16 PM
What's the record of the opposition?

Not that anyone needed a reminder but 6-5A is a beast. 11-1 to start the season! To all our mates, :notworthy.

SLC
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
What's the record of the opposition?

Well we know for the opposition has 11 losses...it's early yet, hard to look at the record of the opposition this early and take anything from it, just as it's hard to look at our w/l record and take anything from it. Many weeks of football yet to go.

E-Vol-ution
09-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Exactly....but y'all are looking good.

Well we know for the opposition has 11 losses...it's early yet, hard to look at the record of the opposition this early and take anything from it, just as it's hard to look at our w/l record and take anything from it. Many weeks of football yet to go.

BlameNoOne
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
shocked at Jesuit's Stadium. It has to be the smallest and in the poorest condition of all 5A stadiums in the state. Are there plans to build a new stadium in the future?

SLC
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
shocked at Jesuit's Stadium. It has to be the smallest and in the poorest condition of all 5A stadiums in the state. Are there plans to build a new stadium in the future?

Shocking for a private school. Those people need to get their priorities straight over there.

marcusdrillmom
09-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Was sad to hear Lewisville lost last night.
I had to laugh everytime I heard the SLC score, I mean didn't you guys get the memo from the Morning News Arlington was suppose to win???

Great job SLC and all 6 5A

HebronHawk
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Short Answer is "No". I had a long talk with the AD last year on that subject. The stadium suits Jesuit just fine. The parking works because they give it all to their boosters. Visitors are on their own.

FarmerFootballPlayer
09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Calling the game when we had all the momentum definitely didn't help us. I have no doubt that it would've been a tight contest, and we very well may have won had the rest of our game been finished on thursday. Still, we should've been ready to play on friday and we weren't. Kudos to Naaman Forest for being the more focused team.

SLC
09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Calling the game when we had all the momentum definitely didn't help us. I have no doubt that it would've been a tight contest, and we very well may have won had the rest of our game been finished on thursday. Still, we should've been ready to play on friday and we weren't. Kudos to Naaman Forest for being the more focused team.

Momentum doesn't serve it's purpose when it is divided into two days.

maxtor
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM

They would have built a new stadium but they ran out of money having to pay for yours. Vouchers anyone?

HebronHawk
09-06-2009, 03:19 PM
They would have built a new stadium but they ran out of money having to pay for yours. Vouchers anyone?

I doubt that there are a lot of Dallas Jesuit students in Hebron's district. Too far to drive.

David H
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM

That's the impression I got. You guys aren't used to playing day games that have a little heat to them. I know I didn't want to be out there, lol.